PDA

View Full Version : TJ's Take

Pseudofool
10-31-2009, 10:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown09
Ravens face huge test against Broncos

Broncos at Ravens: If we compare the separate units on Baltimore and Denver, we get a clear sense of why the Broncos should be favored in this game. QB Joe Flacco has become a very capable signal-caller who can make all the throws. As the defense has begun to take a few steps back, he's been called on to do more, and he has responded well.

Kyle Orton is a perfect fit for the Broncos. He doesn't make mistakes, but it turns out he's much more than that. He has become a poised, smart and capable leader for this team, one who understands exactly what it takes to win games in the NFL. When you look at the teams around these two players, it's hard not to go with the Broncos. In almost every comparison, Denver has the edge.

Most people look at this game and think it's another test for the Broncos. I believe it's the Ravens who will be tested in their backyard by one of the best teams in football.

Bronco Rob
10-31-2009, 10:45 AM
The voice of reason...Thank you TJ! #57

8')

baja
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
For me this game is a test for the Broncos, Ravens are one of two teams that Shanahan's teams had a hard time with because of the physical play of of them. Past broncos were man handled by the Ravens. This game will define the difference of the two coaching philosophies of Shanny and McD. The other team that will help define the new Broncos is the Colts.

I am interested in how we play these two teams more than any other. Not so much rather we win or lose but how we play is what I want to see.

Tombstone RJ
10-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Love me some Tom Jackson. He's an admitted Bronco's homer and dig the schitt out of itt.

long beach bronco
10-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Baja my brother, we will all see that this is not Shanahan's Broncos. This is a new breed of horse. I can't wait either to see how we stack up. I think we will do well, this team now has what I have wanted it to have for so many years now: The Killer Insticnt.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
The other team that will help define the new Broncos is the Colts.

I am also interested in the Colts game because I wonder how much McDaniels will show in the playcalling department. He might throw it against the wall to get a head-to-head win against a team that might make the difference in home field in the AFC Championship game. Or he might keep it close to the vest, take a loss if necessary, and then have everything still available in the playoffs.

My bet is that he will have some special stuff for the Colts a la Wild Horses but won't show it unless it is absolutely necessary to win the game.

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2009, 02:54 PM
I think we'll get plenty of pressure on Flacco considering their injuries on the O-line. Their starting left tackle is still out?

Hulamau
10-31-2009, 03:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown09

Freakin A! .. Its these other teams that have to worried about US now!

peacepipe
10-31-2009, 03:33 PM
I am also interested in the Colts game because I wonder how much McDaniels will show in the playcalling department. He might throw it against the wall to get a head-to-head win against a team that might make the difference in home field in the AFC Championship game. Or he might keep it close to the vest, take a loss if necessary, and then have everything still available in the playoffs.My bet is that he will have some special stuff for the Colts a la Wild Horses but won't show it unless it is absolutely necessary to win the game.
not if homefield adv. is within our grasp.

lex
10-31-2009, 03:37 PM
I am also interested in the Colts game because I wonder how much McDaniels will show in the playcalling department. He might throw it against the wall to get a head-to-head win against a team that might make the difference in home field in the AFC Championship game. Or he might keep it close to the vest, take a loss if necessary, and then have everything still available in the playoffs.

My bet is that he will have some special stuff for the Colts a la Wild Horses but won't show it unless it is absolutely necessary to win the game.

not if homefield adv. is within our grasp.

He acknowledges that likelihood in his last sentence.

Hulamau
10-31-2009, 05:05 PM
I think we'll get plenty of pressure on Flacco considering their injuries on the O-line. Their starting left tackle is still out?

NO the starting left tackle plays tomorrow, but imagine he might still have his hands fun with Doom.

prunch
10-31-2009, 05:18 PM
I must say i'm amazed at almost all the "experts" giving baltimore the edge because their backs are against the wall.

We are a statistically better team with no real "weakness" unlike Baltimore which has a very suspect pass defense.

Every team faces a do or die game in each season and has their "backs against the wall" and by the end of the season only one team, the super bowl winner, delivered on all do or die games.

I don't think its a walkover but we should win. It would be an upset for us not to win.

Weird. I don't get the logic.

ZONA
10-31-2009, 05:36 PM
For me this game is a test for the Broncos, Ravens are one of two teams that Shanahan's teams had a hard time with because of the physical play of of them. Past broncos were man handled by the Ravens. This game will define the difference of the two coaching philosophies of Shanny and McD. The other team that will help define the new Broncos is the Colts.

I am interested in how we play these two teams more than any other. Not so much rather we win or lose but how we play is what I want to see.

If you don't already know this is a much different type of team then the one Shanny had then you are blind. Basically what you are saying is that the Broncos haven't proven to you yet they are, well let's just say it, not soft. You said they don't need to win but you want to see how they play the game? Well I suppose they will play it just like the other 6 games. What are you scared of? You think these Broncos are going to go to Baltimore and get whomped on or something? Do you think the Ravens are much more of a superior team then the Pats, Cowboys or Bengals because they Broncos beat all those teams so you must think so.

Let it go dude. It's time to not be afraid anymore. This team is built to hang with anybody and that includes the Colts, Pats.

hambone13
10-31-2009, 05:58 PM

IMO, Every game this year is a test of the "McBroncos". They just aren't the same team. Hence I don't think the Ravens or the Colts are any more a test than any other team. Frankly, I'm just excited as you seem to be that we will be in the game with physical teams and even more importantly, games in general in the second half of the season and playoffs.

TotallyScrewed
10-31-2009, 08:12 PM

Not Pittsburgh??

Throw in Pittsburgh and I'll agree.

Kaylore
11-01-2009, 07:52 AM
It's nice to see someone at the midway point of the season say our undefeated team is testing the opponent and not the other way around.