PDA

View Full Version : Bud Adams plans to "evaluate" coach Jeff Fisher

HEAV
10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that Titans owner Bud Adams plans to "evaluate" coach Jeff Fisher's job status after the season.

Wyche says he's heard this "time and time again" from owners that plan to make a head-coaching change. Fisher is in his 16th season with the Titans/Oilers franchise. His record overall is 128-108 with six playoff trips.

-----------

The mustache is so fired.

Hogan11
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Buffalo fans are already drooling at the prospect of Fisher becoming available

lex
10-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Hilarious. Like its really Fisher's fault Adams didnt want to pay Haynesworth.

HEAV
10-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Buffalo fans are already drooling at the prospect of Fisher becoming available

Like with Shanny & Denver a change may be the best for Fisher. Buffalo, Washinsnyder, Carolina, Dallas all could be in the running for Fisher.

Rock Chalk
10-30-2009, 04:39 PM
"I have it on good authority that if Jeff Fischer ever gets fired, he will have a new head coaching job by the end of the day" ~ NFL Films Top 10 Coaches Who Never Won A Superbowl.

baja
10-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Shanny said there would be another guy going fishing with us in a couple of weeks.

cutthemdown
10-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Fisher has been avg to good but there so long its time for a change.

Having said that he probably still makes for a good head coach somewhere. Shannahan as well. I doubt we see them team up though like people suggest. Just because people friends doesn't mean they want to work for one another.

Fisher may take a yr off or so just like a lot of coaches do after doing it for 10 plus yrs.

Do a little TV, take it easy, and wait for some guy to get fired. Every yr there are 4-5 openings it seems.

Fisher I doubt coaches just as a coordinator. After that many yrs being the head guy I don't see it.

baja
10-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Don't think what McDaniels has done for Denver is lost on Bud Adams.

rmsanger
10-30-2009, 05:10 PM
I've always like Fisher... It's been a tough season but he's conistantly had good teams over the years. I think his hand was forced with VY a few years ago and it never panned out... Had he drafted JC then we might be looking at a differnt team now...

TexanBob
10-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I won't need much time to evaluate Jeff Fisher. His primary problem is that he has a crappy owner.

There, send me my consultation check.

TonyR
10-30-2009, 05:21 PM

Their problems go well beyond Haynesworth. One guy doesn't even begin to cause a precipitous fall like they've had.

Que
10-30-2009, 05:23 PM

I don't think it is lost on any owner for that matter. That and what Nolan did with the D. I'd have to say he's raising the bar pretty damn high in the HC fraternity. The noun "Josh McDaniels" is quickly being added to the owners' vocabulary.

If we continue on and have a great season I wonder how many times we're going to hear.... "We need a Josh McDaniels as our next head coach" in the off season.

TonyR
10-30-2009, 05:27 PM
If we continue on and have a great season I wonder how many times we're going to hear.... "We need a Josh McDaniels as our next head coach" in the off season.

Yep, everyone will be looking for "the next Josh McDaniels". Something tells me they're going to have to settle for a very poor man's version. If the Cowboys finish well somebody will probably give Jason Garrett a shot unless Jones officially picks him to succeed Phillips. He was supposed to be Josh McDaniels! Didn't quite work out that way.

baja
10-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Aka Coach of the Year.

baja
10-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Adams, note to self - make sure new coach wears a hoodie.

Rohirrim
10-30-2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/40b7dd4c-762e-1bba-cbcc-f6c998027fc2-news_fb_SuperbowlMoments_KevinDyson.jpg

lex
10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Their problems go well beyond Haynesworth. One guy doesn't even begin to cause a precipitous fall like they've had.

Go ahead and write someone a letter.

watermock
10-30-2009, 06:25 PM

For the money, I like our lunchpail guys. 100m is alot of moola for a NT.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Yep, everyone will be looking for "the next Josh McDaniels".

Not with Shanny, Cowher, and Holmgren out there, and then others will snap up Fisher and Fox quickly if they are fired too. "The next Josh McDaniels" is going to be the #6 head coaching candidate at least this offseason.

tsiguy96
10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Not with Shanny, Cowher, and Holmgren out there, and then others will snap up Fisher and Fox quickly if they are fired too. "The next Josh McDaniels" is going to be the #6 head coaching candidate at least this offseason.

dont think so, those guys require far too much cash, 7-10mil a year, and new coaches are showing great results for 2-4mil a year.

leon
10-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Its time for a freakn change man!!!! Sometimes change is good!! Just look at our team!!!

Taco John
10-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Can you imagine if Shanahan had pulled off his coat, and had a Chargers Phildo Rivers Jersey and said he wanted to feel like a winner.

I would have led the charge myself to dump him.

Archer81
10-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Titans got old at QB, with no options beyond Collins on the roster. Offensive line seems to be missing a beat, Lendale White seems to have lost quite a bit of power with his weight loss. Defensively their d Line would have problems even with Haynesworth there. No pressure, and they dont get off blocks. They have old players at key spots, (DE, CB AND LB) and their safeties are as bad in coverage as Denver's were last season. Thats what I see when I watch the titans.

:Broncos:

baja
10-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Can you imagine if Shanahan had pulled off his coat, and had a Chargers Phildo Rivers Jersey and said he wanted to feel like a winner.

You will like what Warren Sapp had to say about that on Inside the NFL.

Hogan11
10-30-2009, 06:52 PM

That was quite the image blower, I must admit.

baja
10-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Sapp is great on Inside the NFL.

Que
10-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Sapp is great on Inside the NFL.

speak the word brotha baja!

BroncoMan4ever
10-30-2009, 07:32 PM
NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that Titans owner Bud Adams plans to "evaluate" coach Jeff Fisher's job status after the season.

Wyche says he's heard this "time and time again" from owners that plan to make a head-coaching change. Fisher is in his 16th season with the Titans/Oilers franchise. His record overall is 128-108 with six playoff trips.

-----------

The mustache is so fired.

Fisher will be out of work for no longer than a week. he may be fizzling out in Tennessee but he is still a premier coach in this league.

Bronco Warrior
10-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Fisher will be unemployed less then hours if he gets fired. He is a great coach like shanny but it takes a lot to stay hungry after 16 years the same place. Garret is a clown and won't be a head coach anywhere anywhere soon. There are too many proven coaches out there and young guys wth good reps and better people skills!

bombay
10-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Fisher has done a hell of a job in Tennessee prior to this season. Maybe he's finally lost the team, and possibly they've lost his attention as well. At any rate, he'll land on his feet.

Rock Chalk
10-30-2009, 09:18 PM

True.

But absolutely 0 of their problems are coaching.

Their secondary is completely decimated. Every major player they have back there is injured and they had a damn fine secondary. Without Haynesworth up front, AND a decimated secondary, they can stop no one.

The magic has run out on Collins but the option was Young and Fisher obviously does not think Young is the answer. It was Bud Adams' call to get Young when Fisher wanted Cutler. With no viable backup and an aging WR corps (which you can put of Fisher, but that's about it), the offense is sputtering. Stack the box, stop Chris Johnson/LenDale White and blow past a hampered defense.

Tennessee isn't much different than last year. The biggest deal is that the loss of Haynesworth coupled with the injuries to the secondary means they have to play catch-up, and they were never built that way. Last year, they kept games close or led them and they could run the ball. Playing from behind is not what they are good at. Not how that team was built.

You could argue that Fisher's lack of obtaining quality depth is a knock against him but very few teams in the league could suffer the injuries to their entire secondary like Tennessee has and still remain strong in that area.

Rock Chalk
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
ANd, if Im an owner, Im looking just as hard at Fisher as I am the others.

Fisher has done more with less than Shanahan or Holmgren has. Both the aforementioned coaches won their superbowls on the backs of all-time great QBs in Favre and Elway. Fisher has never had anythign remotely close to an all-time great. The closest was McNair and while McNair was a warrior, he wasn't a HoF QB.

There is a reason why the guy is extremely well respected within NFL communities. Not that thos eother retired coaches aren't but I wouldn't necessarily put Fisher behind Shanny or Holmgren. I wouldn't necessarily put him ahead either, just saying his caliber is right there with those guys.

Bronco Warrior
10-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I think some of it is coaching... Don't underestimate the loss of a DC on a team..or the addition of one! Swartz goes to Detroit and Ryan goes to the Jets and the Defenses go from great to average at best. Add one and you get New Orleans and Denver!

lex
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
For the money, I like our lunchpail guys. 100m is alot of moola for a NT.

Actually, this isnt the first time theyve torn it down and left Fisher to build it back up. They did the same thing about 5-8 years ago. If youre going to let talent walk out the door, Fisher will turn it around for you (he's done it before) but you cant pretend theres not going to be an impact and expect miracles.

BTW, does anyone remember our game against the Titans from 2007 when they were without Haynesworth? The Titans missed him tremendously. Not only that but theyve lost Schwartz and had their CBs go down. Ive been hearing stats recently saying that sack #s are going down in Tennessee and in Washington theyve improved. Add to that a depleted defensive backfield and it can get ugly when youre playing a first place schedule.

SoCalBronco
10-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Shanny said there would be another guy going fishing with us in a couple of weeks.

Is he a big turkey sandwich guy, too? ;D

baja
10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Is he a big turkey sandwich guy, too? ;D

Someone did order a bucket of potato salad..... Hum..

ZONA
10-31-2009, 12:28 AM

Or what Todd Haley had done for the Chiefs, or Steve Spagnuolo has done for the Rams, or Tom Cable has done for the Raiders, or Raheem Morris has done for the Bucs.

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2009, 12:37 AM

I couldn't believe Fisher did that. Coupled with what McD has been able to do so far... Fisher is on really thin ice.

I just hope we can keep Mike Nolan around for a few years.

cutthemdown
10-31-2009, 01:06 AM
I don't think it is lost on any owner for that matter. That and what Nolan did with the D. I'd have to say he's raising the bar pretty damn high in the HC fraternity. The noun "Josh McDaniels" is quickly being added to the owners' vocabulary.

I think you get a boost from a new coach but its only significant when someone has been there for a long time. When you start going through 2-3 coaches every 10 yrs then a new coach sort of loses its freshness and ability to uplift a franchise.

For Titans probably would work, for Chiefs its not because they recycled someone through there already missing there chance at lightening in a bottle.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-31-2009, 02:53 AM
dont think so, those guys require far too much cash, 7-10mil a year, and new coaches are showing great results for 2-4mil a year.

Don't think so. Out of all these new coaches, only 2 look like they're making the playoffs this year.

Sorry. Shanny, Holmgren, and Cowher are at the top of everyone's coaching list this year. This isn't like the past offseason when no one of their caliber was available and all these first time head coaches were hired. Most of these new head coaches suck too. Haley, Spags, and Morris aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. Owners are going to go back to proven commodities, and if Shanny (2), Holmgren (1), Cowher (1), even Gruden (1) are available, the guys who have won Super Bowls in the past are going to be the first ones to be hired.

s0phr0syne
10-31-2009, 06:58 AM

Shanny never started 0-6 to have the opportunity to crack such a joke.

HEAV
10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Shanny never started 0-6 to have the opportunity to crack such a joke.

0-4 back in 99...but that was coming of back to backs so he would have been safe.

But if he returned this year with Slowick... he may have reach 2-4 or 1-5...3-3 at best.