PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner: Todd Haley is "frustrated" haha!

Bronco Rob
10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Kurt Warner: Todd Haley is "frustrated"

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 30, 2009 2:51 PM ET

As the Arizona Cardinals' offensive coordinator last season, Todd Haley got to the Super Bowl. As the Kansas City Chiefs' head coach this season, things haven't gone quite so well.

Haley is struggling through a 1-6 start to the season and dealing with the enormous distraction that is running back Larry Johnson.

And so it's no surprise that Haley's quarterback in Arizona, Kurt Warner, says that he knows Haley is frustrated.

"We do text all the time and we do talk when we have the chance," Warner said on XTRA 910 in Phoenix, per SportsRadioInterviews.com. "I know Todd is struggling and he is frustrated, you know. With the success we had last year and wanting to go in and knowing his competitive nature . . . he wanted to win now but I also think he understands that this is a process and he is trying to take it all in and trying to learn how to handle the situation from a head coaching perspective, which doesn't happen overnight."

Warner said he hadn't talked to Haley specifically about the situation with Johnson, but he said he thinks Haley needs some time to build a roster with players who are all on the same page with their coaching staff.

"Unfortunately when you have a few guys that go the wrong direction, it sets everything back," Warner said. "So hopefully whatever happens with the Larry Johnson situation that it turns out to be for the betterment of the team one way or another and make them move forward and start making strides to building something there."

Seven games into Haley's tenure, the Chiefs look like a team with a whole lot of building to do.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/30/kurt-warner-todd-haley-is-frustrated/

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

NFLBRONCO
10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
That's what they get hiring a 1 yr wonder OC.

Bronco Rob
10-30-2009, 12:36 PM
That's what they get hiring a 1 yr wonder OC.

and paying a career back up QB 63 Million........

:rofl:

Mr. Elway
10-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Honest question: If McDaniels had gone to KC, would he have them at better than 1-6?

KC with our free agent haul, draft, and many of the coaches - I have to think he'd have them at 3-3. To me it's tough not to lay at least some of the blame on Haley himself.

Crushaholic
10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Honest question: If McDaniels had gone to KC, would he have them at better than 1-6?

KC with our free agent haul, draft, and many of the coaches - I have to think he'd have them at 3-3. To me it's tough not to lay at least some of the blame on Haley himself.

He gave up on Chan Gailey too soon, IMO. I think Gailey would have given the Chiefs SOME respectability on offense...

NFLBRONCO
10-30-2009, 01:59 PM

Yes I do because I think McD was more ready to be a HC going into this rookie coaching class. Plus he had white cassel in NE so he'd know the system he'd run.

broncofan2438
10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
So, MCD is looking pretty good so far

Pontius Pirate
10-30-2009, 02:24 PM
http://comixed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/129002722744153205.jpg

Bronco Rob
10-30-2009, 03:30 PM
He gave up on Chan Gailey too soon, IMO. I think Gailey would have given the Chiefs SOME respectability on offense...

yup

KCStud
10-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Wow for the thousandth time. Let's try and make things clear again.
King Carl gets rid of KC's talent throughout the years(Jared Allen, Donnie Edwards, John Tait) and has horrible drafts creating no pro bowlers that stay with the team.

Pioli and Haley take over arguably the least talented team in the league with their only talent being younger guys.

Of course McDaniels will do better. He took over a team that should have been 10-6 and in the playoffs last season.

UberBroncoMan
10-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Which is pathetic given that Haley was an OC and should be completely running the offense beyond what Chan Gailey should be offering.

If I EVER was a HC in the NFL I'd never give up my DC/OC duties (whatever my main background was in) since it was that which gave me the success I had.

baja
10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow for the thousandth time. Let's try and make things clear again.
King Carl gets rid of KC's talent throughout the years(Jared Allen, Donnie Edwards, John Tait) and has horrible drafts creating no pro bowlers that stay with the team.

Pioli and Haley take over arguably the least talented team in the league with their only talent being younger guys.

Of course McDaniels will do better. He took over a team that should have been 10-6 and in the playoffs last season.

You mean the team that has 8 defensive starters form last year in street cloths today.

KCStud
10-30-2009, 06:49 PM
You mean the team that has 8 defensive starters form last year in street cloths today.

You are fooling yourself if you think KC's defense has players that are playing up to Champs, Dumerville or Williams ability right now

baja
10-30-2009, 07:00 PM
You are fooling yourself if you think KC's defense has players that are playing up to Champs, Dumerville or Williams ability right now

Eight new starters and all new coaches and 6 & 0 is a hell an accomplishment, that was my point anyway.

KipCorrington25
10-30-2009, 07:12 PM

I don't think Nate Webster is in street clothes today, I see him walking around in that outfit Vanilla Ice wore with the "Word to the Mutha" in sequins on the back.

Circle Orange
10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
and with a touch, Kurt will heal him. :sunshine:

Bob's your Information Minister
10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Todd Haley is happy.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cP_uOIzGqGc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cP_uOIzGqGc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

baja
10-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Well if 1 & 6 makes him happy so be it.

Bronco Rob
10-30-2009, 07:55 PM

Pioli & Haley get rid of Tony Gonzalez trade the 34th over alll pick and 63 Million dollars for a career back up QB. Sign washed up talent Zach Thomas, Armani Toomer, Aslie Lelie...IGNORE the woeful offensive line, fire Chan Galey right before the season. So spare me.....

Pioli & Haley's EGOS are the problem...

Haley said "We know that 22 guys off the street can win two regular-season NFL games." that reaks of arrogance..

Hey Todd how many coaches does it take to win more than one?

:thumbs:

Bob's your Information Minister
10-30-2009, 07:58 PM
that reaks of arrogance..

Most head coaches are arrogant.

Bronco Rob
10-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Most head coaches are arrogant.

True..but most aren't 1-6.

:wiggle:

_Oro_
10-30-2009, 08:17 PM
The bar is set at 2 so they're half way there. yay

Bronco Bob
10-30-2009, 11:30 PM

True. One is 0-6, and two are 0-7.

KCStud
10-31-2009, 01:38 AM
Pioli & Haley get rid of Tony Gonzalez trade the 34th over alll pick and 63 Million dollars for a career back up QB. Sign washed up talent Zach Thomas, Armani Toomer, Aslie Lelie...IGNORE the woeful offensive line, fire Chan Galey right before the season. So spare me.....

Pioli & Haley's EGOS are the problem...

Haley said that reaks of arrogance..

Hey Todd how many coaches does it take to win more than one?

Tony Gonzalez didn't want to be in KC anymore. Do we need to make pictures for you to understand this? We even got a more than fair trade off for him too

KCStud
10-31-2009, 01:39 AM

The first year head coaches who have no talent on their team are. Not everyone gets to have talent on their team when they get the job like Rex Ryan and Josh McDaniels

I love how Bronco fans continue to think McDaniels is such a great coach after winning with Ratty's leftovers. A top 5 OL, pro bowl WR's, Champ, DJ Williams, Dumerville? The guys making plays on your team are the one's from last season, aside from Brian Dawkins.

Archer81
10-31-2009, 02:24 AM
The first year head coaches who have no talent on their team are. Not everyone gets to have talent on their team when they get the job like Rex Ryan and Josh McDaniels

I love how Bronco fans continue to think McDaniels is such a great coach after winning with Ratty's leftovers. A top 5 OL, pro bowl WR's, Champ, DJ Williams, Dumerville? The guys making plays on your team are the one's from last season, aside from Brian Dawkins.

2009 D: McBean, Peterson, Fields, Andra Davis, Haggan, Dumervil, Williams Hill, Goodman, Dawkins, Bailey...

2008 D: Engleberger, Robertson, Thomas, Dumervil, Williams, Webster, B.Bailey, McCree, Bailey, Bly, Manuel...

Expansion teams field more cohesive defensive units then the Broncos did last season. The roster has 30 new players on it. Shanahan had a handful of great players and a bunch of scrubs. McDaniels brought in a new attitude, and built the roster the way he wanted, and built an offense around the talent on hand. You would think Haley would look at his roster and figure out something that would work and win games through his first season, rather than take his system and force players into it that dont fit. Maybe thats the difference between McDaniels and Haley.

:Broncos:

Bronco Rob
10-31-2009, 03:53 AM
Tony Gonzalez didn't want to be in KC anymore. Do we need to make pictures for you to understand this? We even got a more than fair trade off for him too

Who in their right mind would want to play in KC...That's no excuse. So you spend the 34th overall pick in the draft and give the career back up 63 million and take away his only probowl target...gotcha...

McDaniels & Ryan don't trade away probowl talent and went after FREE AGENTS just like Pioli & Haley could of but instead due to the HUGE EGOs thought they could win with washed up has beens and never will bes. Face it thought they could stroll on in and win because if Herm Edwards could win two games heck we should go 8-8....Herm looks like a genius compared to Todd Failey...

KCStud
10-31-2009, 04:14 AM
So you spend the 34th overall pick in the draft and give the career back up 63 million and take away his only probowl target...gotcha...

McDaniels & Ryan don't trade away probowl talent and went after FREE AGENTS just like Pioli & Haley could of but instead due to the HUGE EGOs thought they could win with washed up has beens and never will bes. Face it thought they could stroll on in and win because if Herm Edwards could win two games heck we should go 8-8....Herm looks like a genius compared to Todd Failey...

Gonzalez didn't want to be in KC anymore. Can you not comprehend that sentence? Seriously do you just skip by it everytime you attempt to read a post? It would be worthless to have him here. He would have been a locker room distraction like last season. He wanted out since before Pioli was even hired. We got excellent compensation for his age/skills.

You guys have a career back up on your team as well. Difference is he has excellent talent surrounding him like Trent Green did. And money will come when Orton wants his dues. It's just a matter of time.

And LMAO at you saying Herm looks like a genius. I guess that's why his awesome draft picks that are gone from KC are starters now....oh wait they aren't. The only one who is would be Pollard, who got burned 3 TD's in one game in Houston and has been terrible.
Haley is frustrated that the team is 1-6.
Herm would say "It's ok. Everything is ok" if we were 1-6

You lose all credibility for calling Herm a genius in any form

LRtagger
10-31-2009, 06:21 AM

Thank you for proving his point and disproving yours. Those guys were all three terrible last season....and Doom and DJ are both playing new positions in a new scheme.

Also, how were the Broncos a 10-6 team last season?

KCStud
10-31-2009, 06:39 AM
Thank you for proving his point and disproving yours. Those guys were all three terrible last season....and Doom and DJ are both playing new positions in a new scheme.

Also, how were the Broncos a 10-6 team last season?

They still played at a higher level than Hali and DJ, who by the way also play new positions. I said the Broncos should have been a 10-6 playoff team last season.

baja
10-31-2009, 08:37 AM

I love how Bronco fans continue to think McDaniels is such a great coach after winning with Ratty's leftovers. A top 5 OL, pro bowl WR's, Champ, DJ Williams, Dumerville? <b>The guys making plays on your team are the one's from last season, aside from Brian Dawkins.

Actually you are making the argument for the great job that the new coach is doing, he's taking the players Shanny had and making them much better players. Every player you mentioned is having a better year this season, yes even Marshall ever since the light went on for him he has been a beast. Also two new skill position players, Orton and Buckhalter are having career years under McDaniels. No the difference is Josh McDaniels, get used to it.

baja
10-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Gonzalez didn't want to be in KC anymore. Can you not comprehend that sentence? Seriously do you just skip by it everytime you attempt to read a post?

Your kidding right? This is the site where half the fan base still loves Cutler and wish he was still here after he shat on the fans and did all he could to force his way out of here.

Bronco Rob
10-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Gonzalez didn't want to be in KC anymore. Can you not comprehend that sentence? Seriously do you just skip by it everytime you attempt to read a post? It would be worthless to have him here. He would have been a locker room distraction like last season. He wanted out since before Pioli was even hired. We got excellent compensation for his age/skills.

You guys have a career back up on your team as well. Difference is he has excellent talent surrounding him like Trent Green did. And money will come when Orton wants his dues. It's just a matter of time.

And LMAO at you saying Herm looks like a genius. I guess that's why his awesome draft picks that are gone from KC are starters now....oh wait they aren't. The only one who is would be Pollard, who got burned 3 TD's in one game in Houston and has been terrible.
Haley is frustrated that the team is 1-6.
Herm would say "It's ok. Everything is ok" if we were 1-6

You lose all credibility for calling Herm a genius in any form

1.) Brian Waters wants out of KC why not trade him as well?
2.) Excellent compensation? Should have gotten a decent O-linemen
3.) The Broncos have a career back up that didn't cost us 63 Million dollars and the 34th overall pick in the draft.
4.) Are saying Herm wouldn't have this same team at atleast 1-6?
5.) You lose credibility trying to defend a team that has gone 3-29

LOL

baja
10-31-2009, 09:46 AM
#3???

Bronco Rob
10-31-2009, 09:54 AM
#3???

KCDUD called Orton a "career back up"...I know, I know he's not but for the sake of argument I rolled with it....Orton started in College & in the NFL unlike Matty SAND Castle.

;)

Bronco Rob
10-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Waters, a source told Whitlock, flew to Kansas City in February specifically to meet with the new GM and coach in an effort to become familiar with their leadership plans. The source said Pioli told Waters he had no interest in meeting and that Haley began a hallway conversation with the player by proclaiming that 22 guys off the street could win two games, as the Chiefs had in 08.

Ha!

BroncoBuff
10-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Expansion teams field more cohesive defensive units then the Broncos did last season. The roster has 30 new players on it.

You would think Haley would look at his roster and figure out something that would work and win games through his first season, rather than take his system and force players into it that dont fit. Maybe thats the difference between McDaniels and Haley.

Bronx33
10-31-2009, 01:02 PM
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3334/haleywtf.gif

Mr. Elway
10-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Waters met with new head coach Todd Haley but GM Scott Pioli wasn't interested in meeting with the 9 year veteran.
Per the Star:
Waters, according to the source, was offended and shocked by the arrogance of Haley and Pioli. Waters’ meeting with Haley and follow-up phone conversations confirmed in the nine-year vet’s mind that the negative reports about Haley that he heard from Arizona Cardinals players while at the Pro Bowl were accurate, according to the source.
The Star's sources also say that the rumor that veteran players don't get along with Todd Haley is true.
The Cardinals players told Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez that Haley, Arizona’s offensive coordinator, was aloof, condescending and ignored by veterans, the source said.

Steve Sewell
11-01-2009, 12:37 AM

Are you kidding? The Chiefs would have already won the Super Bowl this year.

KCStud
11-01-2009, 01:51 AM
1.) Brian Waters wants out of KC why not trade him as well?
2.) Excellent compensation? Should have gotten a decent O-linemen
3.) The Broncos have a career back up that didn't cost us 63 Million dollars and the 34th overall pick in the draft.
4.) Are saying Herm wouldn't have this same team at atleast 1-6?
5.) You lose credibility trying to defend a team that has gone 3-29

LOL

Waters changed his attitude, just wait for Orton to cash his check after this season, a 2nd round pick for a 30+ year old veteran in his last years is good compensation, Herm probably would have the team at 0-7 or 1-6, and I'm not defending anyone. I'm speaking the truth.