PDA

View Full Version : Lots of hitting in Broncos' indoor practice

HEAV
10-30-2009, 06:59 AM
The Front Range blizzard moved the Broncos' practices indoors for the second consecutive day, but the change in location hasn't taken the edge off the team's practices.

"We went hard on Monday, same thing yesterday, in pads," coach Josh McDaniels said. "A lot of hitting. It was probably as loud a practice we've had in a while. I mean, there was a lot of banging going on."

The Broncos will hold a two-hour practice this afternoon, another light practice on Friday and a walk-through practice on Saturday before leaving for Baltimore.

"I think they know what we know - we're 6-0, haven't accomplished anything and we have a heck of a challenge in front of us this week," McDaniels said. "I think they're excited to play this game. This is a really good team we're getting ready for."

McDaniels also seemed to share in what plenty of other Colorado sports fans are feeling right now. It's a good time to be a Denver sports fan, with the Broncos, Nuggets and Avalanche a combined 17-1-2 (Broncos 6-0, Avs 10-1-2 and Nuggets 1-0).

"The Nuggets won last night. I saw the end of that game," McDaniels said. "You've got to love it."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13669471?source=rss

--------

Thank you Mr. Bowlen for hiring Josh McDaniels

No more soft Broncos.

johnnyp
10-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Im glad that they didn't slack off in the bye week

dbfan4life
10-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Im glad that they didn't slack off in the bye week

The players actually had most of the bye week off...but it sounds like their rested and ready to get back to some smash mouth. I love it! :strong:

strafen
10-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Let's keep it up boys!
Glad they're staying focused :USA:

Bronco Warrior
10-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Wussies! Can't even practice outside in the 6-8 inches of snow, 40 mph winds and Sub Freezing temps! lol! Now they are gonna lose 60 to nothing!

_Oro_
10-30-2009, 08:46 AM
The Front Range blizzard moved the Broncos' practices indoors for the second consecutive day, but the change in location hasn't taken the edge off the team's practices.

"We went hard on Monday, same thing yesterday, in pads," coach Josh McDaniels said. "A lot of hitting. It was probably as loud a practice we've had in a while. I mean, there was a lot of banging going on."

The Broncos will hold a two-hour practice this afternoon, another light practice on Friday and a walk-through practice on Saturday before leaving for Baltimore.

"I think they know what we know - we're 6-0, haven't accomplished anything and we have a heck of a challenge in front of us this week," McDaniels said. "I think they're excited to play this game. This is a really good team we're getting ready for."

McDaniels also seemed to share in what plenty of other Colorado sports fans are feeling right now. It's a good time to be a Denver sports fan, with the Broncos, Nuggets and Avalanche a combined 17-1-2 (Broncos 6-0, Avs 10-1-2 and Nuggets 1-0).

"The Nuggets won last night. I saw the end of that game," McDaniels said. "You've got to love it."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13669471?source=rss

--------

I love you Mr. Bowlen for hiring Josh McDaniels

No more soft Broncos.

Fixed.

Or is it too soon?

HEAV
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Broncos practice moves outdoors

With piles of snow surrounding their rarely-used artificial turf field, the Broncos returned outside to practice Friday after preparing most of the week down the road at an indoor facility.

The Broncos will play Sunday against the Ravens in Baltimore, where the forecast calls for 58 degrees and a 60 percent chance of rain.

"We want to work some on the kicking game in some bad conditions," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. "I know it may be windy and there's a possibility of rain in Baltimore. So we wanted to make sure we get out there and work in the cooler temperatures and just handle the ball and do the things that are going to be important on Sunday."
The Broncos are confident, having won six straight entering last week's bye. The Ravens are desperate, having lost three in a row entering their bye last week.

Has McDaniels noticed his team suffering from the bye week blues?

"Nope," he said. "Everybody has one. We talked to our team before they left and made it real clear that we weren't going to use that whole line of discussion. Baltimore has the same bye week we do, so it makes no difference. It comes down to who plays best on Sunday. We've had a good week of practice so far and we'll be ready to go."

Bronco Warrior
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
LOL..I just read the story on The team page about practicing outside today...guess they aren't such wussies..lol...and it's more like 2 feet of snow! My Bad!

theAPAOps5
10-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Wussies! Can't even practice outside in the 6-8 inches of snow, 40 mph winds and Sub Freezing temps! lol! Now they are gonna lose 60 to nothing!

Yeah I know you are the new village idiot but add 10" onto that total and thats how much snow there was.

EDIT: Just saw your post your are still the village idiot but at least you got it.