PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson, Chiefs working on 'settlement'

HEAV
10-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Larry Johnson and the Chiefs are working on a settlement to decide the running back's future, Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, told The Star in an e-mail Thursday.

Asked whether that settlement would involve a separation from the team, Schaffer said: "Not necessarily."

Schaffer said Johnson's side is working on an appeal of the two-week suspension the team handed down Wednesday for detrimental conduct. Schaffer said Wednesday night that he hoped an appeal would be filed early Thursday, and it's possible that settlement talks could delay that appeal.

Johnson would lose more than $600,000 if he serves the full two-week suspension. He also could face further punishment from the league and the Chiefs when this suspension expires Nov. 9.

The Chiefs wouldn't comment on Johnson or his situation Thursday.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1074
---------

So if he's released would you want him on your team? :rofl:

missingnumber7
10-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Hasn't he gotten suspended around the bye week before?

Dr. Broncenstein
10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
make it never happen

lex
10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Once again, even though I think Larry Johnson is a dink, I still think this goes way too far considering Larry Johnson can get dinged for not talking to the media. The league tries to have it both ways. They fine a guy for not talking to the media and then when he says something they dont like or that they dont agree with, they suspend him and ding him for a lot of money. Something's wrong with that.

Mr. Elway
10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Once again, even though I think Larry Johnson is a dink, I still think this goes way too far considering Larry Johnson can get dinged for not talking to the media. The league tries to have it both ways. They fine a guy for not talking to the media and then when he says something they dont like or that they dont agree with, they suspend him and ding him for a lot of money. Something's wrong with that.

That's like me cussing out a customer on the phone and then telling my boss "well you can't punish me... you said I needed to call him!"

HEAV
10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Al Davis is drool'n (more than normal) over the idea of signing LJ.

lex
10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
That's like me cussing out a customer on the phone and then telling my boss "well you can't punish me... you said I needed to call him!"

Not really.

Mr. Elway
10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Not really.

Why not? These guys get a lot of money to play a game, and part of the deal is you have to talk to the media, and act like a professional when you do it. It's exactly the same thing. I am required to talk to certain people at work, and to act like a professional when I do it.

This was a post-game interview, pretty much a standard part of the job for an NFL player, especially one of the supposed stars on a team. You really think it's unreasonable to ask him to not act like a bigot?

STBumpkin
10-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Why not? These guys get a lot of money to play a game, and part of the deal is you have to talk to the media, and act like a professional when you do it. It's exactly the same thing. I am required to talk to certain people at work, and to act like a professional when I do it.

This was a post-game interview, pretty much a standard part of the job for an NFL player, especially one of the supposed stars on a team. You really think it's unreasonable to ask him to not act like a bigot?

I agree

tsiguy96
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
will ANYONE sign this guy? hes washed up and i think he knows he wasted his career as a chief

extralife
10-29-2009, 06:59 PM

Talking to customers is (presumably) your job. Larry Johnson's job is to run forward with a ball while angry men hit him. Being good at the later does not correlate to the former in the slightest.

bronco610
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Doesn't matter. He is supposed to be a part of the team and stuff like this is handled internally. You don't put it out to the rest of the world unless you're an idiot.

lex
10-29-2009, 08:07 PM

see post #4.

Broncos24
10-29-2009, 08:36 PM
He's in a Pro Football and he's under contract with the Chefs. Whatever rules the NFL imposed must be follow and act like a professional. He is an idot.

FantomForce
10-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Al Davis is drool'n (more than normal) over the idea of signing LJ.

beat me to itHilarious!

cutthemdown
10-29-2009, 08:57 PM
will ANYONE sign this guy? hes washed up and i think he knows he wasted his career as a chief

Patriots

lex
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM
He's in a Pro Football and he's under contract with the Chefs. Whatever rules the NFL imposed must be follow and act like a professional. He is an idot.

Is that so?

broncosteven
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM

He would be a classic Belly signing even more so now that Taylor is out for the season.

That or Cutler will demand that duh bears sign him to give him a running game.

jebures
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Larry Johnson and the Chiefs are working on a settlement to decide the running back's future, Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, told The Star in an e-mail Thursday.

Asked whether that settlement would involve a separation from the team, Schaffer said: "Not necessarily."

Schaffer said Johnson's side is working on an appeal of the two-week suspension the team handed down Wednesday for detrimental conduct. Schaffer said Wednesday night that he hoped an appeal would be filed early Thursday, and it's possible that settlement talks could delay that appeal.

Johnson would lose more than $600,000 if he serves the full two-week suspension. He also could face further punishment from the league and the Chiefs when this suspension expires Nov. 9.

The Chiefs wouldn't comment on Johnson or his situation Thursday.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1074
---------

So if he's released would you want him on your team? :rofl:

how about no....you crazy dutch bastard (dr. evil)

Broncoman13
10-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Texans... gives Kubes a RB that can hold on to the ball and score TDs. Kubes is on record in wishing he would have gone after Ced Benson.

_Oro_
10-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I think Lex is right here. The rule should be at least 10 players must talk to the media but not ALL. Some guys don't belong out there. It's like putting a drunk in liquor store and telling him not to drink.

Broncotilldeath
10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Would any team really sign him at this point.

UberBroncoMan
10-29-2009, 10:31 PM
I still remember all the tards who were rambling how we should trade for LJ a while back.

Gort
10-30-2009, 05:42 AM
I agree

i don't. when is Olbermann going to be fired from NBC? he does NFL reporting on Sundays. this guy says some of the most vile, hateful, bigoted, and false things ever uttered on cable TV, yet the NFL has no problems with him. screw political correctness. i don't even know what Larry Johnson said, and i don't really care. its hypocrisy to single him out for punishment and not Olbermann. F Goodell. he's an asshole.

missingnumber7
10-30-2009, 07:56 AM
i don't. when is Olbermann going to be fired from NBC? he does NFL reporting on Sundays. this guy says some of the most vile, hateful, bigoted, and false things ever uttered on cable TV, yet the NFL has no problems with him. screw political correctness. i don't even know what Larry Johnson said, and i don't really care. its hypocrisy to single him out for punishment and not Olbermann. F Goodell. he's an a-hole.

The whole deal started with Johnson critisizing his coaches via Twitter and then using a demeaning slang for homosexuals in a public interview. That has nothing to do with some of the things that Olbermann says.

Mr. Elway
10-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Talking to customers is (presumably) your job. Larry Johnson's job is to run forward with a ball while angry men hit him. Being good at the later does not correlate to the former in the slightest.

Actually talking to customers is not my job. There are other people whose jobs it is to do specifically that. But when I am called upon to talk with a customer, I don't act like a damn fool just because I don't like it. I behave as a professional.

The media is a huge part of the profit making machine that is the NFL, and player interviews most definitely are a part of that. Why the hell else would the NFL require the players to talk to the media?

I am really surprised some people don't get this.

Mr. Elway
10-30-2009, 08:53 AM
see post #4.

Um, "post number 4" was the original post that I disagreed with.

MOCRUSH
10-31-2009, 07:39 AM
The whole deal started with Johnson critisizing his co
aches via Twitter and then using a demeaning slang for homosexuals in a public interview. That has nothing to do with some of the things that Olbermann says.

The point is selective enforcement of arbitrary pc bs by Commissioner goody two shoes. If we are really concerned with gay bashing shouldn't AP be on the shelf for a month for what he did against the Steelers;D? And I think we can all figure out why Olberbitch says what he says, not that there is anything wrong with that.

fdf
10-31-2009, 09:24 AM
That or Cutler will demand that duh bears sign him to give him a running game.

He'd have trouble relating to handoffs from a white QB.

Rock Chalk
10-31-2009, 09:42 AM

Not true.

Part of Larry Johnson's job entails dealing with the media. Its part of every single NFL player's job. A requirement. His primary purpose is to run forward with the football, but, like most jobs, he has other responsibilities as well.

ANd being a bigot in any job is going to hamper you considerably.

baja
10-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Not true.

Part of Larry Johnson's job entails dealing with the media. Its part of every single NFL player's job. A requirement. His primary purpose is to run forward with the football, but, like most jobs, he has other responsibilities as well.

ANd being a bigot in any job is going to hamper you considerably.

And, unfortunately, one of those responsibilities is to not bad mouth the company execs in public.

Bronco Warrior
10-31-2009, 03:18 PM
i don't. when is Olbermann going to be fired from NBC? he does NFL reporting on Sundays. this guy says some of the most vile, hateful, bigoted, and false things ever uttered on cable TV, yet the NFL has no problems with him. screw political correctness. i don't even know what Larry Johnson said, and i don't really care. its hypocrisy to single him out for punishment and not Olbermann. F Goodell. he's an a-hole.

Olberman is a Pile of crap that isn't even a sports guy he is a political assassin for msnbc. He is absolutely the worst Sports commentator EVER!!! Funny Limbaugh gets fired and blackballed for something he said (Happened to be true) about McNabb over 5 yrs ago but a D-Bag like Olberman is primetime! And Griese is suspended for insinuating a NASCAR Driver of Latino descent might be off eating a taco! ( By the way the Driver said he was eating a taco that day on his Twitter)

As for LJ and his "Fag Bashing"..Are there alot of gay NFL Fans outside of the Romo and Brady support groups? Romo and Brady jerseys outsell others 50 to 1 in that community according to a gay focus research group, guess they want a Romo or a Brady in their closet too!

Bronco Warrior
10-31-2009, 03:24 PM
The point is selective enforcement of arbitrary pc bs by Commissioner goody two shoes. If we are really concerned with gay bashing shouldn't AP be on the shelf for a month for what he did against the Steelers;D? And I think we can all figure out why Olberb**** says what he says, not that there is anything wrong with that.

There was no interview involved..he told those F-otts to get out of the locker room after a guy on Twitter outted him for calling him a "F-ott" on his Tweet!

Why do people get so Butt-hurt being called a Stick or a Cigarette anyway?? :lol:

Bronco Bob
10-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Olberman is a Pile of crap that isn't even a sports guy he is a political assassin for msnbc. He is absolutely the worst Sports commentator EVER!!! Funny Limbaugh gets fired and blackballed for something he said (Happened to be true) about McNabb over 5 yrs ago but a D-Bag like Olberman is primetime! And Griese is suspended for insinuating a NASCAR Driver of Latino descent might be off eating a taco! ( By the way the Driver said he was eating a taco that day on his Twitter)

As for LJ and his "Fag Bashing"..Are there alot of gay NFL Fans outside of the Romo and Brady support groups? Romo and Brady jerseys outsell others 50 to 1 in that community according to a gay focus research group, guess they want a Romo or a Brady in their closet too!

Olberman tells it like it is. He doesn't have to make up lies and crap like your
buddies over at Fox.

Bronco Warrior
10-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Olberman tells it like it is. He doesn't have to make up lies and crap like your
buddies over at Fox.

Please! I don't watch much political TV anymore but Olberman is the worst of the worst...the guy pulls so much crap out of his backside he has his own compost retail business! Not the thread for this, was refering to his Sports bit. He was brought over from MSNBC with no cred and he backs it up weekly ;)!

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2009, 03:39 PM
First Lt lost a step. Now LJ may leave the Chiefs...and we got Moreno. Things are working out very nicely... :)

lex
10-31-2009, 04:06 PM
Um, "post number 4" was the original post that I disagreed with.

Indeed it was.

ZONA
10-31-2009, 05:52 PM
I have to say, I don't really care for a new LJ thread every day. Sorry HEAV but I think most of us don't give a F about LJ.

Dagmar
11-01-2009, 01:35 PM
how about no....you crazy dutch bastard (dr. evil)

die
in
a
fire.