PDA

View Full Version : The haunting specter of elite powers

bronco militia
10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
this is part of a large article:

The haunting specter of elite powers

Advocates of NFL “parity” say that any team can win in any given year. Sure, it happens from time to time. But the league's always been like that.

The fact of the matter in today’s NFL is that four teams – all in the AFC – have held an iron grip over the NFL for more than a decade.

Denver, Indy, New England and Pittsburgh can be counted on year after year – with the occasional exception here and there – to stand among the very best teams in the NFL.

In fact, these four teams have won 11 of the past 14 AFC titles. They've won six of the past eight Super Bowls and eight of the past 12. Over the last 15 years, the AFC’s Big Four have filled 19 of 30 spots in the AFC title game.

There’s a good chance you’ll see the NFL’s Big Four battling for the right to go to the Super Bowl once again. They’re a combined 22-4 after Week 7 and, if the playoffs began today, they’d hold four of the top five seeds in the AFC. There's a good chance that one of the Big Four will hoist the Lombardi Trophy, once again, in February 2010.

bronco yoda might be right......

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2927_The_NFL's_crisis_of_competition.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/kerry_byrne/10/28/parity/index.html

Dukes
10-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Gotta say, I'm a little surprised they named Denver an elite power in the NFL.

s0phr0syne
10-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I thought Shanahan had just fumbled around with his own d**k for the last decade from some of the posts I read around here. :)

Doggcow
Lol, Seahawks fans keep trying to tell me we haven't done anything lately lol. I have remind them we lost to the same team they did a game before the superbowl..

Dukes
Yeah, I thought Shanahan had just fumbled around with his own d**k for the last decade from some of the posts I read around here. :)

No, just the past few seasons

bronco militia
10-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Gotta say, I'm a little surprised they named Denver an elite power in the NFL.

of course you are ...shanny never did anything after elway retired

::)

WolfpackGuy
10-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Denver's gotta be right up there in games won.

Dukes
10-29-2009, 08:57 AM
of course you are ...shanny never did anything after elway retired

::)

Umm yeah.....ok. ???

TDmvp
10-29-2009, 09:07 AM

totally ...

and proving once again Broncos fans are spoiled and have 0 reason to bish and moan as much as they do. I swear most of you wouldn't cut it as fans of a bad team.

Every year over the last 20 years we at least had a chance to do good things and have positive season... Where most teams in the sport know going into a season that they are headed to 8-8 if they are LUCKY and most likely sup 500...

The ones I see bishing and moaning here I think are morons and have as bout as much football sense as they do common sense ...

But either way , mellow out Bronco fan... Stop acting like Cubs fan ...