PDA

View Full Version : Orton, Brady, Roethlisberger.........

Bronco Rob
10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
"One thing about Orton that has become obvious is that he seldom loses. With a 27-12 record as a starter (.692), the only active passers who've made at least 25 starts and have a better winning percentage are Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger.

"Kyle Orton is a better leader (than Jay Cutler)," one team insider said of Orton, who has a career 18-2 record in home games and has rung up a mind-numbing 142.1 passer rating with a 9-1 TD-interception ratio in the fourth quarters of games so far this season. "He is more mature and smarter. Obviously, Jay was a better athlete."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/10/26/mile-high-miracle-in-works

:sunshine:

ZONA
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/10/26/mile-high-miracle-in-works

:sunshine:

That's kinda like the kid who can dunk alot better then you but all you have to do is foul him because he can't make a frickin freethrow to save his life. And what does that kid do about it? He goes and practices more kinds of dunks and works on his vertical jump instead of going to the line and practicing free throws.

Jesterhole
10-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Only time will tell. Cutler could mature into a better leader, but I doubt Orton will mature into a better athlete. Still, it looks like you don't need to be a great athlete to excel in this system. I think Orton has suprised just about everyone with how well he had done, hope it continues.

I wonder what Cutler is thinking about the whole deal these days...

BroncoDoug
10-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Only time will tell. Cutler could mature into a better leader, but I doubt Orton will mature into a better athlete. Still, it looks like you don't need to be a great athlete to excel in this system. I think Orton has suprised just about everyone with how well he had done, hope it continues.

I wonder what Cutler is thinking about the whole deal these days...

I think he's got about 30 Million things to think about right now..

ØrangeÇrush
10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Cutler is also a better athlete than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and yet that doesn't seem to come up when they talk about these guys....

chanesaw
10-29-2009, 05:48 AM
All of those guys have a lot better skill set than Orton. I love the job that Orton has done so far, but he isn't very good at eluding pressure, and his deep ball takes to long to get to the WR and the defender has time to recover. Those aren't thing that can be coached. My only other critic of Orton is that he holds onto to ball too long, but that can be coached. I even saw him throw it away before the pressure got to him a few times versus the Chargers. He doesn't really attack defenses, but as long as we continue to play great defense and run effectively we will continue to win by taking what they give us in the passing game.

Bronco Rob
10-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Cutler is also a better athlete than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and yet that doesn't seem to come up when they talk about these guys....

:thumbs:

broncofan7
10-29-2009, 08:02 AM
That's kinda like the kid who can dunk alot better then you but all you have to do is foul him because he can't make a frickin freethrow to save his life. And what does that kid do about it? He goes and practices more kinds of dunks and works on his vertical jump instead of going to the line and practicing free throws.

Don't know about you, but I'd trade my life for Shaq's...........

want2bAbronco2
10-29-2009, 08:16 AM
I loved the trade (allows us to sign a bunch of players instead of a huge $$ for cutler) I have always liked Orton, and said he should put up numbers like Cutler did last year, except less Ints. Hope he continues to prove me right! All my friends said I was crazy!

TonyR
10-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Only time will tell. Cutler could mature into a better leader...

Leaders are born, not created!