PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard.. and preparation

enjolras
10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
It seems like so much of this seasons success has been about preparation. The Broncos have simply been better prepared to play than their opponents, and that has translated to W's.

Well, looking outside my window right now I see about 14 inches of snow and it's just getting worse. Does this have a big effect on this team? Roads are closed all over the place. Can players even get to Dove Valley? Does the distraction of having kids home from school and all of the headaches that come with these big snow storms really hurt us? Does it make it more difficult to 'get back to work' after the bye week?

Just thought I'd throw that out there... we don't often get this type of snowfall in Denver, and certainly not in October. I have to imagine it's going to really test McDaniels ability to get his team ready to play when things aren't all going your way.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Damn 14 inches? Im at 6200 feet and I only got about 8 inches.

BroncoDoug
10-28-2009, 03:50 PM
well they practiced in the bubble today, and everyone was there...

BigPlayShay
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
They can sleep in the Cafeteria and be ready for practice tomorrow :thumbs:

Maybe McD can give a "Do Your Job" speech to the city plowing crews.

Que
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Not to hijack this thread but the OP is spot on - week in and week out this team is prepared to play. If I were a Raven I would be worried. Josh and Nolan have had two weeks of analysis, pattern matching and counter planning. I'd be concerned, very concerned.

Part of my job professionally is huge quantitative measurement and pattern matching. As evidenced by the stuff they pulled on Romo, if you can figure out what the other guy is going to do next you own the game.

EDIT: By the way, only about 9 on the ground so far up here at 8,885. Then again, I'm in Crested Butte and this is really a front range event.

watermock
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Front range snow generally comes from the gulf, mountain snow from the pacific.

Broncoman13
10-28-2009, 06:16 PM

That's NOT what she said...

broncosteven
10-28-2009, 07:10 PM

Or,

That's not what HE said.

ZONA
10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
speaking of adjustments, I'm curious why the Giants didn't make any changes to their signal calling last week. Even before the announcers picked it up, I was on to what Eli was doing. He tried getting the other team to jump offsides with a hard count but when he was ready to go with a live count he yelled "Omaha" so that his own line knew it was the real deal and not a fake signal to get the other team offsides. They did it like on every single play so everybody was already onto that, but the Giants kept using it. I have to say it was funny to listen to Eli barking out hut after hut and the defense knowing it's not a live count, and then sure enough "Omaha" was shouted and then you knew the count was live. Are these guys actually that dumb? That they wouldn't know the other team would pick up on that like after 3 or 4 plays?

Broncoman13
10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
speaking of adjustments, I'm curious why the Giants didn't make any changes to their signal calling last week. Even before the announcers picked it up, I was on to what Eli was doing. He tried getting the other team to jump offsides with a hard count but when he was ready to go with a live count he yelled "Omaha" so that his own line knew it was the real deal and not a fake signal to get the other team offsides. They did it like on every single play so everybody was already onto that, but the Giants kept using it. I have to say it was funny to listen to Eli barking out hut after hut and the defense knowing it's not a live count, and then sure enough "Omaha" was shouted and then you knew the count was live. Are these guys actually that dumb? That they wouldn't know the other team would pick up on that like after 3 or 4 plays?

Blizzard and preparation to Eli Manning's snap count... I get the connection, really I do.

bombay
10-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm in SE Denver, and we have maybe 6-8 inches. Haven't really noticed any significant changes to the everyday.

dbfan21
10-29-2009, 07:43 AM

ROFL! I love Michael Scott! (The Office reference)

Broncos_OTM
10-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Front range snow generally comes from the gulf, mountain snow from the pacific.Sometimes you cease to amaze me. How can you know so much about the storms in colorado and so little about the football team.

Late starts and missing work? it didnt stop me from making it in on time to work last night and it was a nice drive on the way home. only took ten extra minutes due to some jackass in a mercedes sports car not knowing how to drive at all in the snow. i yelled out the window buy a four wheel drive...jackass!

baja
10-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Front range snow generally comes from the gulf, mountain snow from the pacific.

I didn't get any snow here???

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 08:12 AM

17.5 in Boulder by 6pm last night, it's still going.

dbfan21
10-29-2009, 10:30 AM
If the weather keeps up, we might need to call in the special forces like what happened before the Buffalo game in 1997. That was pretty cool of the community to assist like that...and TD had a monster game that next day.

Ambiguous
10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
well they practiced in the bubble today, and everyone was there...

Well I had to come to work today, and was able to do so via my Honda Civic so why would they be any different?

(Yes I know my location still says San Diego... I'm in Denver)

Rock Chalk
10-29-2009, 11:31 AM
This is my car right now.

Rock Chalk
10-29-2009, 11:32 AM
A typical park bench on our lawn.

Rock Chalk
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Our property

Man-Goblin
10-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Is it snowing there? Weird, t's 70 and sunny here....

dbfan21
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM

I know! It's hot & humid here with the temp sitting in the mid-80's.

PRBronco
10-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Alec those pics are awesome, I gotta get the **** off the west coast. Loves me some snow!

Meck77
10-29-2009, 01:31 PM
It's sunny as hell in the mountains. No snow on the ground. Might have to put my speedo on and tan the mecks later.

Circle Orange
10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Our property

It looks like the END....best gather your loved ones and light a candle. :)

Cmac821
10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
huh, was snowing in Amarillo for half an hour or so. It didn't stick through

Gort
10-30-2009, 04:52 AM

you have global warming in NC. we passed a law against global warming here in CO, so we don't have to worry about warm weather any more.