PDA

View Full Version : The Blind Side ... The Michael Oher story...

TDmvp
10-28-2009, 12:17 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/scqo1eDesc0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/scqo1eDesc0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

SportinOne
10-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Sandra Bullock looks so used up..

SportinOne
10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Also, I saw a preview for this movie on TV the other day and thought it looked like yet another run-of-the-mill football flick but I had no idea that it was about Michael Oher.

We should all try to find a leak of this movie and use it to study his weaknesses, then, email them to Mike Nolan.

Soul-Bronco
10-28-2009, 12:52 PM
:spit:Also, I saw a preview for this movie on TV the other day and thought it looked like yet another run-of-the-mill football flick but I had no idea that it was about Michael Oher.

We should all try to find a leak of this movie and use it to study his weaknesses, then, email them to Mike Nolan.

:spit:

PRBronco
10-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Also, I saw a preview for this movie on TV the other day and thought it looked like yet another run-of-the-mill football flick but I had no idea that it was about Michael Oher.

"Hi, Coach Nolan? I have reason to believe Michael Oher may actually be 14 years old."

Bronco Boy
10-28-2009, 01:12 PM
No way the movie could possibly do the book justice.

TDmvp
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM

I may have to pick that up and give it a read...

SJ Bronco
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Read the book a few years ago, it was a well written account and gives you a great insight to the kid and the position of left tackle

400HZ
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Read the book a few years ago, it was a well written account and gives you a great insight to the kid and the position of left tackle

I really enjoyed the book, too. I'm glad to see Oher doing so well in the NFL. I thought it might take a couple years for his technical game to catch up with his awesome physical skill, but they are coaching him up well in Baltimore.

RunSilentRunDeep
10-28-2009, 05:51 PM
The movie trailer makes him look mentally off. But he certainly talks a big game in the NFL.

Bronx33
10-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Remember that movie about that little girl a family adopted and she killed them all? and it ended up pissing off adoption agencies saying it would keep people from adopting kids.

Well this movie is only going to encourage people to take in homeless black kids in hopes they can get rich if he turns out to be a NFL star but the sad reality is 8 out of 10 kids won't pan out and end up back on the streets anyways ( this movie is just a bad idea) imo. But if sandra bollock has a topless scene its all good and i will overlook the influx of well dressed homeless 300 pound black kids.

houghtam
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM

No way the book could have done the true story justice.

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Remember that movie about that little girl a family adopted and she killed them all? and it ended up pissing off adoption agencies saying it would keep people from adopting kids.

Well this movie is only going to encourage people to take in homeless black kids in hopes they can get rich if he turns out to be a NFL star but the sad reality is 8 out of 10 kids won't pan out and end up back on the streets anyways ( this movie is just a bad idea) imo. But if sandra bollock has a topless scene its all good and i will overlook the influx of well dressed homeless 300 pound black kids.

It's weird that you mention that. I've actually been cruising around town all afternoon, looking for a poorly-dressed black kid.

But then I start thinking. What are the odds that one of the four black kids that live in Utah is homeless and athletic?

I wonder if this system would work for baseball.

SportinOne
10-28-2009, 09:10 PM

Which movie was this? I'm patiently waiting.

ZONA
10-28-2009, 09:15 PM

You're high dude. She looks great in Blonde. I'd bang her right now.

Bronx33
10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Which movie was this? I'm patiently waiting.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBRUMRdjiUQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBRUMRdjiUQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm really excited to see this movie. It's one of those feel good stories that when someone tries to tell you about it, you just barely believe it.

McDman
10-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I just read the book, it was pretty good. The movie does not seem to be nearly as good compared to it though, I've alreayd noticed scenes that weren't in the books; the one where she threatens that thug didn't happen.

The book was good, but I just got the feeling that it didn't tell the whole story. It just seemed to perfect, I don't know, maybe I'm just a skeptic/pessimist.

scorpio
10-28-2009, 11:08 PM
I still haven't finished "77".

Uhh

scorpio
10-28-2009, 11:09 PM
But my girlfriend did read "Monday Night Jihad", bless her heart.

SJ Bronco
10-28-2009, 11:13 PM
The movie trailer makes him look mentally off. But he certainly talks a big game in the NFL.

he wasn't mentally off, he was shy because he grew up basically on his own.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
But my girlfriend did read "Monday Night Jihad", bless her heart.

Falcons trash.

Got any fun games I should get while I wait for internet when I moved next week?

Mass Effect was not nearly as cool as you led me to believe.

Jason in LA
10-28-2009, 11:17 PM
What are the odds that one of the four black kids that live in Utah is homeless and athletic?

If they're black, then they're athletic. ;D

edit: okay even as a black guy, that was bad of me. lol

SJ Bronco
10-28-2009, 11:19 PM
I just read the book, it was pretty good. The movie does not seem to be nearly as good compared to it though, I've alreayd noticed scenes that weren't in the books; the one where she threatens that thug didn't happen.

The book was good, but I just got the feeling that it didn't tell the whole story. It just seemed to perfect, I don't know, maybe I'm just a skeptic/pessimist.

the book was more about the kindness of the adoptive parents and the evolution of the left tackle position. By all accounts, it was perfect.

The way he ties in the story of LT with the desperate search for someone to neutralize him...he really does his homework, right down to how the niners found the solution that led them to dominance in the 80's. It's just a great book if you love football.

SJ Bronco
10-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I really enjoyed the book, too. I'm glad to see Oher doing so well in the NFL. I thought it might take a couple years for his technical game to catch up with his awesome physical skill, but they are coaching him up well in Baltimore.

I found myself seeking out ol' miss games to watch him play through college, and now I watch Bmore games...I watched every snap against the vikings. I don't care what they say, i think he won 99.9 percent of those battles. I think he's a great talent and a nice kid.

SJ Bronco
10-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I just watched the trailer....the kid playing mike did a great job of portraying that intense shyness....but they did embellish Bullocks part a bit.

scorpio
10-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Falcons trash.

Got any fun games I should get while I wait for internet when I moved next week?

Mass Effect was not nearly as cool as you led me to believe.

Mass Effect is sweet if you play the bad guy role. Fallout 3 is pure win. Batman: Arkham Asylum if you just want to mash some buttons and have a sh*tload of fun.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Mass Effect is sweet if you play the bad guy role. Fallout 3 is pure win, though.

Have it. Don't really like it. Not a FPS, in sci fi situations guy.

lazarus4444
10-29-2009, 03:35 AM

dude, you are smoking some bad **** if you think Sandra is used up. Go watch her last movie, the proposal, she was f'n hilarious. Actually, that entire movie was hilarious and if anybody hasn't seen it, run, don't walk to buy/rent it. Sandra is still hot but i've always liked women in their late 30's :strong:

_Oro_
10-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Isn't she like late 40ies by now?

TonyR
10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Isn't she like late 40ies by now?

Born in 1964 which makes her 45. I think she looks damn good for that age.