PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Releasing LJ?

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
It's getting harder and harder for him to be haunting us for years to come.

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/14304/20091027/chiefs_to_release_larry_johnson/

Jeff Risdon/RealGM - The Kansas City Chiefs will sever ties with problematic running back Larry Johnson, according to a team source that spoke to RealGM's Jeff Risdon on Tuesday afternoon.

The league and the team are investigating a pair of recent incidents, including one where Johnson used a gay slur. This is not the first time Johnson has gotten himself in trouble by using a gay slur, having had to apologize for the same offense last season. He was forced to apologize for this, as well as for negative comments directed at head coach Todd Haley. Haley has thus far refused comment.

The team has barred Johnson from any contact with the team.

This is a precursory move before the team formally releases Johnson before the end of the week, according to the source.

Part of the delay in releasing him involves going through the NFLís disciplinary investigation, but the source was adamant that Larry Johnson has played his last game in Kansas City

gyldenlove
10-28-2009, 10:52 AM
The team is definitely trying to get a deal in place where he doesn't take the remainder of his pay as seperation pay and then the team doesn't fine him or suspend him without pay. They don't care about the league investigation they are just pinching the pennies.

Rohirrim
10-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Al Davis is on the phone.

dbfan21
10-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Al Davis is on the phone.

:giggle:

underrated29
10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
I wonder where he will end up. I am sure-maybe even al- that someone will sign him within 2 weeks. Probably the redskins.:giggle:

DarkHorse
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I heard Bob is willing to sign him.......

tsiguy96
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
jim trotter sorta confirmed this on twitter as well

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM
I give LJ his dues: He's a VERY smart guy! ;)

When you're playing good football and TWO HoF Linemen retire from your team, Will Shields and Willie Roaf, OF COURSE you hold out for more money!
Now your team is crap, and you're wearing down, you say dumb crap to get kicked off the team!

Good luck to him, he's made his $$$ he can play on a few more years or retire! ;)

BroncoFanatic
10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I heard Bob is willing to sign him.......

Perhaps to replace his inflatable LJ sex doll?

cutthemdown
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I predict New England Patriots. That town loves racists and gay bashers.

Oh wait he will have to play in white face. LOL is there such a thing as white face?

Man spike lee should make a parody on the ole black face movies by doing one but with white face instead.

Kaylore
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Is anyone else reporting this besides the esteemed "real GM football" site?

gyldenlove
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Teams looking for RB help: Patriots, Seahawks, Arizona and Pittsburgh.

gyldenlove
10-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Is anyone else reporting this besides the esteemed "real GM football" site?

Glazer reported this weeks ago, especially if it turns out to be true.

PRBronco
10-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I predict New England Patriots. That town loves racists and gay bashers.

Oh wait he will have to play in white face. LOL is there such a thing as white face?

Man spike lee should make a parody on the ole black face movies by doing one but with white face instead.

You're welcome!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3552025856/tt0381707

Kaylore
10-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Glazer reported this weeks ago, especially if it turns out to be true.

:rofl:

DarkHorse
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Teams looking for RB help: Patriots, Seahawks, Arizona and Pittsburgh.

Arizona?

Pontius Pirate
10-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer gay

Black96WS6
10-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but that would be great. I'd rather have Priest Holmes hold the Chiefs rushing record, not LJ...Priest was cool...

Rohirrim
10-28-2009, 12:24 PM
If the Raiders do decide to bring in LJ, all the rest of the Raiders will gather in front of Cable's office shouting, "Cut me! Cut me!"

Pontius Pirate
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
If the Raiders do decide to bring in LJ, all the rest of the Raiders will gather in front of Cable's office shouting, "Cut me! Cut me!"

Maybe LJ could be their QB as well.

OBF1
10-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Lets hope the faiders sign him, LJ is done and is as hard as it seems, less of a threat at RB than anyone else they have.

Broncoman13
10-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Larry Johnson will be next year's Cedric Benson... probably with the Texans.

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Larry Johnson will be next year's Cedric Benson... probably with the Texans.

I don't think so. LJ has too many carries for that.

Jason in LA
10-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I give LJ his dues: He's a VERY smart guy! ;)

When you're playing good football and TWO HoF Linemen retire from your team, Will Shields and Willie Roaf, OF COURSE you hold out for more money!
Now your team is crap, and you're wearing down, you say dumb crap to get kicked off the team!

Good luck to him, he's made his $$$ he can play on a few more years or retire! ;)

This might work in his favor. I'm sure some team out there who feels that they can compete this year will sign him. He'll most likely end up in a better situation.

DarkHorse
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
This might work in his favor. I'm sure some team out there who feels that they can compete this year will sign him. He'll most likely end up in a better situation.

Regardless - the guy is still a TYPICAL idiot. NFL needs less of his type of attitude in it - this isn't the NBA.

crowebomber
10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
If this ends up being comfirmed, who wants to be the one to bump Bob's "Six more years ..." thread?

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 02:22 PM
If this ends up being comfirmed, who wants to be the one to bump Bob's "Six more years ..." thread?

I won't believe it's real until WPI says, "The deal is done!"

Bronx33
10-28-2009, 02:25 PM
LJs new nickname = problematic

gyldenlove
10-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Arizona?

Against the Giants they took Hightower off because he fumbled, but since Wells couldn't block John Engelberger or catch a disease in a leper colony he goes off the field in passing situations and when he fumbles the ball which he does.

They need a short term guy who can be a veteran presence and calm down everything. LJ is a short term guy and he wouldn't have to carry the load with Arizona, they could use him.

Wells has in 53 touches fumbled the ball 3 times, that puts him on pace for 15 fumbles if he ever gets 250 touches in a season, they need someone to put in there when fumbling isn't an option.

gyldenlove
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM

It is not like he could really end up in a worse situation is it? I guess unless he catches some horrible disease, is send to a Zimbabwian prison for some horrible crime AND finds out his entire family are actors and that his real family disowned him because he is such a putz .... AND someone shoots his dog.

Breaker
10-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I could see three teams seriously looking at him. The Patriots, Bengals, Saints,