PDA

View Full Version : A prediction from the Boss

BossChief
10-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Seymour and Casey Hampton join the defense next year.

Beantown Bronco
10-28-2009, 10:45 AM
A Prediction: KC will still suck.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Springsteen is on our board now?

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Seymour would get serious consideration from MCD. I'll second that and say Seymour or Wilfork are in Denver. I'll bet the only way KC would get him over Denver would be to outbid. Seymour knows what kind of coach MCD is vs a prick like Haley that players hate.

Irish Stout
10-28-2009, 10:49 AM

What D? Ours or yours?

I don't really want either, nor do I want to pay Seymour the money he'd want. Granted, I do not make decisions for the Broncos, and that is good for all of us.

The Joker
10-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Seymour would get serious consideration from MCD. I'll second that and say Seymour or Wilfork are in Denver. I'll bet the only way KC would get him over Denver would be to outbid. Seymour knows what kind of coach MCD is vs a prick like Haley that players hate.

I''ll bet we put our money into signing our own guys.

Seymour and Wilfork will get paid big, I doubt we could afford either with all the contracts we're gonna have to hand out these next couple of years.

BossChief
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
McD will be shooting for a championship before Dawkins is gone and playoff games are won up front.

I cant see them giving Wilfork the type of deal he will command with all the big contracts they have to renew after this year and next.

Dumerville
Orton
Marshall

thats huge money right there.

I bet Wilfork ends up in SF, unless his price tag is still affordable and we decide to overspend, but "the patriot way" is to never overpay for players.

Conklin
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
seymour will be franchised

BossChief
10-28-2009, 10:55 AM
A Prediction: KC will still suck.

a prediction: you're probably right, but that doesnt have anything to do with the topic.

I see the confusion...I actually mean the Denver defense not KCs.

underrated29
10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
id rather make a run at J.peppers than lowlife seymour.

Hampton, i am good with hampton.

Beantown Bronco
10-28-2009, 11:00 AM
a prediction: you're probably right, but that doesnt have anything to do with the topic.

I see the confusion...I actually mean the Denver defense not KCs.

Now that just doesn't make sense IMO. I really think there's a zero percent chance either of them sign with Denver next year......or that either are even really pursued by Denver next year.

Peoples Champ
10-28-2009, 11:03 AM
McD will be shooting for a championship before Dawkins is gone and playoff games are won up front.

I cant see them giving Wilfork the type of deal he will command with all the big contracts they have to renew after this year and next.

Dumerville
Orton
Marshall

I bet Wilfork ends up in SF, unless his price tag is still affordable and we decide to overspend, but "the patriot way" is to never overpay for players.

I like McD and championship in the same sentance.

Killericon
10-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Now that just doesn't make sense IMO. I really think there's a zero percent chance either of them sign with Denver next year......or that either are even really pursued by Denver next year.

I could see us pursuing someone to play the end. We have a brilliant rotation right now, but we could use some stability.

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM

Dumerville
Orton
Marshall

Yeah your right about that Denver's main priority will most likely be own players. Champ will either restructure or be gone. There is noway he makes 15 mil on the books next year.

Peoples Champ
10-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah your right about that Denver's main priority will most likely be own players. Champ will either restructure or be gone. There is noway he makes 15 mil on the books next year.

Ya, I hope Champ restructures, hopefully the man wants to win, not the money.

Beantown Bronco
10-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I could see us pursuing someone to play the end. We have a brilliant rotation right now, but we could use some stability.

I agree, but not either one of these guys. Sign either of them and it makes it that much harder to lock up their young talent. They'll go bargain shopping for sure when it comes to DE depth IMO.

Killericon
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I agree, but not either one of these guys. Sign either of them and it makes it that much harder to lock up their young talent. They'll go bargain shopping for sure when it comes to DE depth IMO.

I misunderstood. I thought he meant they'd join the KC defense.

Yeah, we're definitely not gonna get a top level talent on the defensive line.

s0phr0syne
10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Seymour is a blowhard. I'd really cringe if he was on our team. Like someone else said, we don't get to make those decisions, and unless/until we start failing, McD is beyond reproach.

BossChief
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM

I was gonna say Seymour/Jarvis Green but thought just Seymour was bolder.

I should have left him in there.

Jarvis green will be a steal if he is allowed to leave NE.

I would be surprised if Oakland pays Seymour almost 20 million on a franchise deal, when he is already slamming them in the media and the year is only half way over.

No way he signs a long term deal there unless GOD intervenes and lets them go on a miracle win streak through the rest of the year.

Both can be signed to cap friendly deals at their age, the type of deals the Broncos should be able to afford, even given their needs to lock up their own talent long term.

Bringing in Dawk to me said they thought they could contend already...it seems, so far at least, they were right.

I hate to say it, but I think the dline will come back down to earth over the rest of the year.

I could be wrong.

BossChief
10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

he will

Im sure he sees what has happened to Chris McCalister, Surtain, Ty Law, etc.

I bet he plays another year at minimum.

Drek
10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

Depends. Bowlen will only be paying him $9.5M in salary, the rest is bonus money he's already received.

Likely going to be an uncapped year, so who cares about what his cap number might be.

Its a great time to get some front loaded deals out there. Resigning Marshall, Dumervil, Orton, and re-upping Champ in a year where we can front load bonus numbers seems like a pretty savvy way to keep cap flexibility for years to come.

That is where a playoff run would come in very useful. Bring in some extra revenue and bolster fan support so Bowlen feels financially empowered enough to lay out that kind of green.

lex
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM

Youre just an underling here, guy.

WolfpackGuy
10-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Just say no to the high priced DL free agents.

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 11:35 AM

Dumerville
Orton
Marshall

You don't think we can afford Wilfork, but DO think we can afford Hampton who is widely regarded as the best NT in the game?

In any case, I think McD will follow the Bellichek model and not throw a lot of money at lineman in their 30s. I could see us going for Wilfork though since he is still pretty young.

iDENVER
10-28-2009, 11:48 AM
okay it doesnt matter who KC gets you guys are still gonna SUCK

BossChief
10-28-2009, 12:31 PM
You don't think we can afford Wilfork, but DO think we can afford Hampton who is widely regarded as the best NT in the game?

In any case, I think McD will follow the Bellichek model and not throw a lot of money at lineman in their 30s. I could see us going for Wilfork though since he is still pretty young.

Just watch at what he actually signs for. Its not gonna be as much as most think.

"He aint no spring chicken ya know"

Bowlen will open the pocketbook for the uncapped year and wrap up the players McD thinks are part of the picture.

time will tell, with bold predictions come drastic results.

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
The only thing I would fear about Wilfork and giving him money is he looks like he could eat himself out of the league. He is one fat SOB.

Beantown Bronco
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
The only thing I would fear about Wilfork and giving him money is he looks like he could eat himself out of the league. He is one fat SOB.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUl1tXLqxH4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUl1tXLqxH4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TonyR
10-28-2009, 01:06 PM
id rather make a run at J.peppers than lowlife seymour.

Peppers is so overrated. He's a frequent no show and doesn't appear to have much heart. Pass, particularly at the $ he'll probably command.

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Peppers is so overrated. He's a frequent no show and doesn't appear to have much heart. Pass, particularly at the $ he'll probably command.

No kidding. Peppers is a total waste of talent. He has done nothing for the Panthers this year.

Bronco Boy
10-28-2009, 01:11 PM
What are you the boss of exactly?

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2009, 02:00 PM

Dumerville
Orton
Marshall

don't forget Kuper on that list of guys we need to re-sign. 2nd most important on the list that need to return behind Doom and ahead of both Marshall and Orton

snowspot66
10-28-2009, 02:02 PM

He wants to win as much if not more than anybody in the league. As long as the team continues to improve and shows that we really are here to stay at the top again then he'll restructure.

Bronco Warrior
10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I say we get Seymour and let Clady punch his sissybitch hairpulling ass right in the mouth then cut him! Don't want that fat whale Wil**** on our team. We gan draft a big space heater with more agility and athleticism for less money. Wait till Baker get some experience too. He'll suprise~!

BossChief
01-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Bump to gauge response now that the year ended as it did. Seems that as I thought, the run defense faded toward the end of the year and they will surely try to shore up that DL. The only way to do that without waiting for the kids to develop, is to sign players like these two.

Popps
01-19-2010, 12:54 AM

Sweet! They'll be a big help for us.

KevinJames
01-19-2010, 01:10 AM
If they did we would have a nice big front.

I would be pretty thrilled to get a beast 3-4 DE and NT of their caliber

Atwater His Ass
01-19-2010, 02:09 AM
if champ just wants to win, he'll be looking to get out of denver. can't say i'd blame him.

this team has nothing going for it right now for the "just win now" crowd.

underrated29
01-19-2010, 10:10 AM
now with nolan gone, doom will be packing his bags too.

PRBronco
01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Seymour seems really really butt hurt about getting traded, I wonder if Dean Pees is brought in, how that would affect his chances of coming here (if he actually hits free agency, which probably won't happen). He had a wonderful career working with Pees, but does he think Pees had something to do with trading him?

I have a feeling some people are going to be overpaying for Hampton, and the Broncos won't get into the bidding war. 3 years ago there would have been no such thing as overpaying for him, and he's still good, but just not "throw infinity money at" good.

LonghornBronco
01-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I think Seymore would be a good move. I felt the DE's were the weak link in the D this year. IMHO

KCStud
01-19-2010, 12:49 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%2Fgettyphoto%2FGYI0059219471.jpg&w=387&h=589

Guess you were wrong because the players actually like Haley a lot. Haven't seen anybody on our team complain about him.

PRBronco
01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%2Fgettyphoto%2FGYI0059219471.jpg&w=387&h=589

Guess you were wrong because the players actually like Haley a lot. Haven't seen anybody on our team complain about him.

I dunno...looks shopped.

Haha seriously though, it's a really awkward picture.

BMarsh615
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM
now with nolan gone, doom will be packing his bags too.

Doom is from Miami if I remember correctly. On his twitter page it says under location: DENVER BUT MIAMI AT HEART

It has been that way since he first started tweeting though.

iDENVER
01-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Doom is from Miami if I remember correctly. On his twitter page it says under location: DENVER BUT MIAMI AT HEART

hmmm. that is weird about it saying that and nolan going to miami

gunns
01-19-2010, 02:45 PM

Dumerville
Orton
Marshall

We would give big money to Orton? :kiddingme:

Mountain Bronco
01-19-2010, 04:40 PM
^^^^ Seriously, Orton is a mediocre QB and should be paid accordingly.

Atwater His Ass
01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
^^^^ Seriously, Orton is a mediocre QB and should be paid accordingly.

Easy to say. But we have NO ONE that can replace him currently, unless McD is ready to go with Brandstater.

Orton has Denver between a rock and a hard place. This contract will be the biggest contract of his career and I'll be looking for him to make the most of it.

I believe we will end up overpaying Orton just because there isn't anyone else available that constitutes a real upgrade and Orton knows it.

Biggest need this off-season is finding a future QB while we still have a serviceable vet that the kid can learn from.

It would be an absolute steal if McD can convince Orton to sign a short term contract for minimal money.

broncos-rock
01-19-2010, 06:06 PM
The negativity on this board amazes me......I would love to see Hampton come home to colorado where he played college ball

maher_tyler
01-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Dumerville
Orton
Marshall

Ha!

He wont be paid anymore than what Simms got...Marshall is in the air..and Doom better get ****ing paid!!

underrated29
01-20-2010, 10:35 AM

oooh that is interesting. I just think doom value is at maximum right now, and imo is overrated. I like the guy but against the run he sucks. I think we trade him for the 1st and 3rd, instead of brandon. Although for doom I think we might just get a 1st but still.......

Lets watch this as FA gets closer and see if anything heats up about him going to the fish.