PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Schedule - It Could Get Interesting

Black96WS6
10-28-2009, 08:55 AM
I was looking at a post of the remaining schedules for the top 2 teams in the AFC West right now on the SignOnSanDiego board.

If you just count potential losses (I'm counting BAL as a loss because it's in their house, I honestly think it's a toss up otherwise - we'll find out this weekend - and I put the DAL game as a loss for SD for the same reason), you come up with some interesting information.

There is nobody on the Chargers' remaining schedule that looks like a potential loss, other than NYG and DAL (and DAL vs SD is iffy like BAL vs Denver):

WK................BRONCOS......................CHA RGERS..........

8. Sun Nov _1 @ BAL..1:00 PM.............Sun Nov _1 V OAK..4:05 PM
9. Mon Nov _9 V PIT..8:30 PM..............Sun Nov _8 @ NYG..4:15 PM
10 Sun Nov 15 @ WAS..1:00 PM...........Sun Nov 15 V PHI..4:15 PM
11 Sun Nov 22 V SDG..4:15 PM............Sun Nov 22 @ DEN..4:15 PM
12 Thu Nov 26 V NYG..8:20 PM............Sun Nov 29 V KAN..4:05 PM
13 Sun Dec _6 @ KAN..1:00 PM...........Sun Dec _6 @ CLE..4:05 PM
14 Sun Dec 13 @ IND..1:00 PM............Sun Dec 13 @ DAL..4:15 PM
15 Sun Dec 20 V OAK..4:05 PM............Sun Dec 20 V CIN..4:05 PM
16 Sun Dec 27 @ PHI..1:00 PM............Fri Dec 25 @ TEN..7:30 PM
17 Sun Jan _3 V KAN..4:15 PM.............Sun Jan _3 V WAS..4:15 PM

That means, if the prediction above holds true....that game in DEN vs SD could decide the Division again.

If Denver loses to the following teams in their remaining schedule - BAL, PITT, NYG, IND, and loses to SD, that's 5 losses, ending up 11-5.

If the Chargers lose to NYG and DAL but win the 2nd game against Denver, they would also end up 11-5.

Also, the same thing would happen if both teams win their 50/50 games - BAL vs DEN and SD vs DAL. Then both teams end up 12-4 and will have beaten each other once.

Who would win the Division in that case?

barryr
10-28-2009, 08:59 AM
If teams tie within division at the end of the season, head-to-head is the first thing looked at. If 1-1 there, then divisional record. If still tied, I think conference record is next. If still tied, I think it's common opponents and the records there. If still tied, then I think they do the number points scored and against. Not sure though.

Marshall Dumervil
10-28-2009, 09:03 AM
You think the Chuggers can beat Cincy?

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
You're taking your last game against one of the worst teams in the NFL, and forgetting that the Chargers have looked absolutely inconsistent all year. Despite that, you're saying that they "should win" most of their remaining games.

Then you're taking the Broncos, who didn't win last week because they had a BYE week, and you're saying there are a bunch of games they "could lose" because, you know, they didn't look all that great last week, and stuff.

Then you're hoping that the Chargers beat the Broncos in Denver, even though the Broncos really smacked the Chargers around a few weeks ago.

And Norv Turner is hovering over this whole scenario like a wet blanket.

Sure. It could happen! ???

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Props on changing "Donkeys" to "Broncos" before posting it over here, by the way!

Black96WS6
10-28-2009, 09:05 AM

It's in SD so I put that down as a win...

Meck77
10-28-2009, 09:07 AM
An even greater meltdown of the Broncos then last year? Nah shanny and Cutler are gone.

spdirty
10-28-2009, 09:09 AM

9. Mon Nov _9 V PIT..8:30 PM.......Sun Nov _8 @ NYG..4:15 PM
11 Sun Nov 22 V SDG..4:15 PM......Sun Nov 22 @ DEN..4:15 PM
14 Sun Dec 13 @ IND..1:00 PM......Sun Dec 13 @ DAL..4:15 PM

Fixed your theory and bolded every game against a winning team as a potential loss. So they have 5 more potential losses and we have 6 potential losses. If we just go 2-4 against teams with a winning record and take care of business against the Skins, Raiders, and Chiefs then we are 12-4 and the division is officially ours. Because Norv Turner won't win out and won't go 9-1 in his last 10.

But right now I expect us to go 12-4 or 13-3 and get more than the division but a first round bye.

Tombstone RJ
10-28-2009, 09:11 AM
I see Sandy Eggo going 5-5... that's not gonna be enough to catch the Broncos.

HAT
10-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Yup....5 more losses.

mwill07
10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
I think that if Denver beats SD in Denver, it's pretty much over for SD at that point - they would lose the tie-breaker, and therefore must have a better record than Denver outright. In your scenario, if Den loses the bolded and beats SD, and SD wins every remaining game on their schedule except for the Bronco game, they are both 12-4 and Den takes the division. It is true that SD has an easier road ahead of them than we do, but we've got a nice head start including a win H2H.

Broncoman13
10-28-2009, 09:19 AM

This... Cincy will pound the Chargers by 14 at least. Honestly, I'm glad we got that game out of the way. That team has the ability to go deep in the playoffs.

Black96WS6
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Props on changing "Donkeys" to "Broncos" before posting it over here, by the way!

Thanks! Yeah I went with the "SD is getting healthier" track in picking the wins/losses for the remainder of the schedule.

Hey, Merriman actually touched a QB in the last game! He might actually record a sack before the season ends if he continues to get healthy! ROFL!

Hotrod
10-28-2009, 09:22 AM
You are a bad fan

;)

Old Dude
10-28-2009, 09:24 AM

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Key tiebreaker would seem to be #3 (common opponents). You don't get this far unless they have the same record against divisional opponents, so it would really boil down to their records against the AFC North and the NFC East.

So far, San Diego is 0-2 in those 8 games (losing to both Baltimore and Pittsburgh)

So far, Denver is 3-0 (beating Cincinnati, Cleveland and Dallas.)

The next two weeks are huge for Denver, because they have a chance to pick up wins against common teams who beat the Chargers.

ludo21
10-28-2009, 09:27 AM
SD isnt going 11-5 or better

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks! Yeah I went with the "SD is getting healthier" track in picking the wins/losses for the remainder of the schedule.

Hey, Merriman actually touched a QB in the last game! He might actually record a sack before the season ends if he continues to get healthy! ROFL!

Hey, you've got to be a fan.

As I said on the Chargers board, it's just unlikely. The Chargers have been wildly inconsistent. The Broncos have won by protecting the ball, creating turnovers, and playing good defense - hardly a recipe for another late-season collapse. It would seem highly unlikely that those two trends are going to turn around so dramatically that the Chargers win the division. But, that's why they play the games, and all of that. :)

Kaylore
10-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I'll humor you.

Yes, it "could" get interesting. However saying that only the Dalas game is losable is a bit much. Philly's weakness is their offensive line and your pass rush is pretty bad. That could go either way. The Bengals are a great team. Losing Antwan Odom being out helps you guys there, but they still rolled a decent Bears team, and the Bengals have yet to lose on the road. In Denver will no doubt be a big game, but you have to figure that's going to be hard for you guys. McDaniels has made winning at home a priority and our offense will probably be better than it was when you played us.

The other games aren't locks because nothing in the NFL is anymore. I think your history of starting slow and finishing strong helps, but I think deep down you know we're not the same Broncos that fold late that you're used to seeing. We're not going to give you the division this year.

Jason in LA
10-28-2009, 09:43 AM
I was looking at a post of the remaining schedules for the top 2 teams in the AFC West right now on the SignOnSanDiego board.

If you just count potential losses (I'm counting BAL as a loss because it's in their house, I honestly think it's a toss up otherwise - we'll find out this weekend - and I put the DAL game as a loss for SD for the same reason), you come up with some interesting information.

There is nobody on the Chargers' remaining schedule that looks like a potential loss, other than NYG and DAL (and DAL vs SD is iffy like BAL vs Denver):

9. Mon Nov _9 V PIT..8:30 PM..............Sun Nov _8 @ NYG..4:15 PM
11 Sun Nov 22 V SDG..4:15 PM............Sun Nov 22 @ DEN..4:15 PM
14 Sun Dec 13 @ IND..1:00 PM............Sun Dec 13 @ DAL..4:15 PM

That means, if the prediction above holds true....that game in DEN vs SD could decide the Division again.

If Denver loses to the following teams in their remaining schedule - BAL, PITT, NYG, IND, and loses to SD, that's 5 losses, ending up 11-5.

If the Chargers lose to NYG and DAL but win the 2nd game against Denver, they would also end up 11-5.

Also, the same thing would happen if both teams win their 50/50 games - BAL vs DEN and SD vs DAL. Then both teams end up 12-4 and will have beaten each other once.

Who would win the Division in that case?

These type of predictions never work because you never know what's going to happen. Bad teams rise up and beat good teams, and I wouldn't even consider the Chargers a good team. Don't be shocked to see one of those bottom feeders beat the Chargers, and at the same time, don't be surprised to see one of those bottom feeders beat the Broncos.

And I wouldn't just give the Chargers wins over Cincy and Philly. Cincy is better, and Philly is at least on par with the Chargers, if not better (it's hard to say that after they lost to the Raiders, but like I said, bad teams beat good teams).

And one more point, the Broncos aren't going to lose every tough game from here on out.

We really don't know how things are going to end up, but as of right now, the Broncos clearly have the inside track to the division title, and chances are it won't come down to tie breakers.

bpc
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
The division is not over by a longshot but We have put ourselves in a great position.

SD usually peaks later in the season. It will be interesting to see if they can sustain winning over the next 10 games.

Bottom line, if we can beat them again IN Denver, it mutes all this talk.

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 10:05 AM

It is at the very least a potential loss. I mean, we beat you guys at home so it's not like Cincy has to win in Lambeau (where they've already won this season, by the way). With the inconsistency SD has shown, you have to say that a solid team like Cincy could very easily win that game. And, I know Philly lost to Oakland, but I kind of see that as an aberration. They are still a qulaity team and are at least a potential loss (I would say the same for us, by the way, particularly since it's a road game). You are right overlall, though...SD does appear to have an easier schedule than we do down the stretch. That said, you know as well as I that with the inconsistency that SD has shown there could well be some losses in their where you are favored.

Bronco Boy
10-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Wouldn't be shocked to see SD lose @ Ten Christmas night...

Drek
10-28-2009, 10:26 AM
There isn't a team in the league right now I don't have every confidence in us being a tough match up for.

As for the SD fan angle, do you guys really want your season hinging on a win in Mile High? This isn't the Cutler lead Broncos. This team is a bunch of closers who don't quit.

underrated29
10-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Philly will smoke the chargers. I know philly has been inconsistent, and i am not even a philly fan. But philly is just dealing with injuries and an early year meltdown.

The bolts wont stand a chance at this game. I dont think they will hang with the bengals, or giants either. They might be able to handle dallas. But it will all depend if dallas has a healthy combo of felix and barber. If those two are playing, dallas spanks them.

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Let's revisit this thread in a few weeks.

boltaneer
10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
At this point in the season, it looks like the Chargers are finally headed in the right direction but I say that with caution because the last game was against the Chiefs so I'm not going to go overboard. Both the run offense and defense have looked much better in the past two games though the o-line still can't get enough push on short yardage and goal line situations.

But it looks like Ron Rivera has finally started to show some different looks and more aggression on defense last week rather than the soft zone stuff he preferred the weeks before. And it looks like he's figuring what roles certain guys like Gregory, Cason and Ellison are best suited for. And some of the new blood in there like Travis Johnson and Ian Scott look much more comfortable now than they did at the beginning of the season/preseason. Tim Dobbins looks to be a big upgrade over Burnett but we'll see if teams start to exploit him in pass defense, which is a big weakness of his. I think this defense could start to surprise some people. The big test for them will be the Giants in two weeks.

I still don't know if they're good enough to make a serious push without the two generals of the o-line and d-line (Hardwick and Jamal) and with Merriman still limping around but they're definitely the healthiest they've been all year and though people are real down on the Chargers (especially here), I think people are really overreacting. They've only played one bad game (against the Steelers). Their other losses were winnable. I'm not going to be surprised with another late year push. Norv is the ultimate frustration. You want the guy fired but he'll pull magic late in the year just enough to give you a glimmer of hope again. We'll see.

TheDave
10-28-2009, 10:55 AM
At this point in the season, it looks like the Chargers are finally headed in the right direction but I say that with caution because the last game was against the Chiefs so I'm not going to go overboard. Both the run offense and defense have looked much better in the past two games though the o-line still can't get enough push on short yardage and goal line situations.

But it looks like Ron Rivera has finally started to show some different looks and more aggression on defense last week rather than the soft zone stuff he preferred the weeks before. And it looks like he's figuring what roles certain guys like Gregory, Cason and Ellison are best suited for. And some of the new blood in there like Travis Johnson and Ian Scott look much more comfortable now than they did at the beginning of the season/preseason. Tim Dobbins looks to be a big upgrade over Burnett but we'll see if teams start to exploit him in pass defense, which is a big weakness of his. I think this defense could start to surprise some people. The big test for them will be the Giants in two weeks.

I still don't know if they're good enough to make a serious push without the two generals of the o-line and d-line (Hardwick and Jamal) and with Merriman still limping around but they're definitely the healthiest they've been all year and though people are real down on the Chargers (especially here), I think people are really overreacting. They've only played one bad game (against the Steelers). Their other losses were winnable. I'm not going to be surprised with another late year push. Norv is the ultimate frustration. You want the guy fired but he'll pull magic late in the year just enough to give you a glimmer of hope again. We'll see.

Don't you mean 2 bad games... We also beat you by 11.

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Don't you mean 2 bad games... We also beat you by 11.

They played pretty good in that game Denver just played better and punched them in the mouth and salted it away in the 4th. SD led in the second half until the D stepped up and there offense was Norv'd.

Karenin
10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
It could get interesting if San Diego wasn't a mediocre team, but they are, so it won't.

TheDave
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
They played pretty good in that game Denver just played better and punched them in the mouth and salted it away in the 4th. SD led in the second half until the D stepped up and there offense was Norv'd.

They played a pretty good half against us... Just like they did the steelers and Miami.

Seems to be a fairly consistant theme with SD.

BossChief
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
with that schedule, you guys could be 7-5 or 12-0 in a few weeks and neither would really surprise me very much.

BossChief
10-28-2009, 11:12 AM
It could get interesting if San Diego wasn't a mediocre team, but they are, so it won't.

same as every year, they start slow and build momentum going into the playoffs.

Denver has been the opposite

It will be fun to see if the changes they made will make a difference in December.

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
They played a pretty good half against us... Just like they did the steelers and Miami.

Seems to be a fairly consistant theme with SD.

Yeah but you can't say they played a BAD game. They gave up 2 returns for TD's in a half and still led at half. They led by 6 in second half and lost the 4the fourth and most important quarter. They played good enough to win except Denver played better and made more plays.

Black96WS6
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah but you can't say they played a BAD game. They gave up 2 returns for TD's in a half and still led at half. They led by 6 in second half and lost the 4the fourth and most important quarter. They played good enough to win except Denver played better and made more plays.

Yep I was just thinking that. It was a great game, I thought it could go either way before the game started.

Giving up 14 pts via special teams was a killer though.

Kaylore
10-28-2009, 12:34 PM
But it looks like Ron Rivera has finally started to show some different looks and more aggression on defense last week rather than the soft zone stuff he preferred the weeks before.

I don't think Rivera found anything other than the fact that KC's line is garbage and Denver's is good. You guys were throwing a lot of stuff at us and we were picking it all up and they were playing a lot of man (which actually was decent coverage) but w/out a pass rush, better offensive lines are going to kill you.

I saw a crappy KC team who was tired of the tough guy act from their coach and gave up on him. Big wins can certainly help a team's confidence but I wouldn't take anything away from that game beyond the Chiefs suck and hate their coach.

mhgaffney
10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
It does not follow that Denver must lose this weekend -- just because Baltimore NEEDS a win. That's garbage.

Obviously there are still a lot of skeptics -- around here -- regarding McDaniels.

I think the odds favor Denver.

Karenin
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
same as every year, they start slow and build momentum going into the playoffs.

Denver has been the opposite

It will be fun to see if the changes they made will make a difference in December.

Yea, I'd much rather be a fan of a team that starts horrible and ends horrible. Talk to me when your team beats an actual NFL team, kthxbye.

cutthemdown
10-28-2009, 02:04 PM
If the Chuggers can win all those games they deserve to be in it at the end.

I just don't see how they solve some of the problems they have on defense.

Eagles, Cincy are both games I could see them losing. Giants won't be easy and teams like the Titans could be dangerous come end of season.

Not to mention that SD would have to beat Denver in Denver which is no small task.

Sure it could get interesting, but when isn't it?

19Morton77
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM

kinda like putting down wins against the Ravens and Broncos at home? Funny is that you have Denver losing all 4 tough games. Not even a 1-3 record where two of those games are at home. So you get a win vs Cinci because it is at home but we lose to Steelers on MNF and Giants on Thanksgiving both at Denver. Seems you are having trouble giving the Broncos any credit this year. But why stop there. You top it off by having the SD game AT DENVER a loss as well so we can be tied in the division. Didnt you lose at KC last year as a good team? Trust me on this one. There are games you will lose that you should never have lost. That can be said for any team not just the Chargers.

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 02:25 PM
kinda like putting down wins against the Ravens and Broncos at home? Funny is that you have Denver losing all 4 tough games. Not even a 1-3 record where two of those games are at home. So you get a win vs Cinci because it is at home but we lose to Steelers on MNF and Giants on Thanksgiving both at Denver. Seems you are having trouble giving the Broncos any credit this year. But why stop there. You top it off by having the SD game AT DENVER a loss as well so we can be tied in the division. Didnt you lose at KC last year as a good team? Trust me on this one. There are games you will lose that you should never have lost. That can be said for any team not just the Chargers.

He's a decent enough guy. But like I said earlier - he's a fan. Everybody does this with their teams. I'm just happy we're in the position we're in, rather than the position they're in. It's highly unlikely, based on the evidence from the first seven weeks of the season, that the Chargers end up with the division. That said, seven weeks ago, it was even more highly unlikely that we'd even be having this discussion.

God bless football. :thumbs:

maher_tyler
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM

That's what i was thinking and i don't think so.

Pick Six
10-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow. I didn't realize that San Diego had such an easy remaining schedule (on paper, of course). :holyguac!

maher_tyler
10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Starting the season i would have said all those games in bold are loses...now, they are all very winable games.

boltaneer
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't think Rivera found anything other than the fact that KC's line is garbage and Denver's is good. You guys were throwing a lot of stuff at us and we were picking it all up and they were playing a lot of man (which actually was decent coverage) but w/out a pass rush, better offensive lines are going to kill you.

I saw a crappy KC team who was tired of the tough guy act from their coach and gave up on him. Big wins can certainly help a team's confidence but I wouldn't take anything away from that game beyond the Chiefs suck and hate their coach.

Well, I'm not completely sold on it yet but Rivera tried some new things this week and didn't let up even towards the end. Again, I'll throw in the disclaimer that it's the Chiefs but I like the changes I saw so there is some optimism.

I'd have to watch the Bronco game again but at first viewing, I didn't notice some of the things they were doing against the Chiefs.

Either way, they've shown significant improvement in both run offense and defense in the past two games. Yes, I know there was just about nowhere to go but up from their earlier performances but with the injury situation, I'll take what I can get. 8')

Like I said, the real test is the Giants. If the defense plays well against them, then I'm sold on them. If they don't have a letdown against the Raiders first. ;)

cutthemdown
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Well, I'm not completely sold on it yet but Rivera tried some new things this week and didn't let up even towards the end. Again, I'll throw in the disclaimer that it's the Chiefs but I like the changes I saw so there is some optimism.

I'd have to watch the Bronco game again but at first viewing, I didn't notice some of the things they were doing against the Chiefs.

Either way, they've shown significant improvement in both run offense and defense in the past two games. Yes, I know there was just about nowhere to go but up from their earlier performances but with the injury situation, I'll take what I can get. 8')

Like I said, the real test is the Giants. If the defense plays well against them, then I'm sold on them. If they don't have a letdown against the Raiders first. ;)

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this 3 game lead got smaller before it got bigger. It ain't over yet and it's typical Chargers to kiss ass when they are down to try and get people to forget about them.

The whole that team aint fallin apart is meant to make them fall apart. It's just like Spider starting his how much will Broncos lose by threads. Fans and players are bother superstitious and play head games.

Chargers fully expect a Broncos losing streak, and they feel if they can string together some wins, at some point Broncos will drop a game. 2 games doesn't sound near as bad. Hell it gets to 1 game and its a bonafide race.

IMO 3 games means nothing with 10 to go. Once it 3 games with 2 to go, then Broncos have won something. Until then Broncos need to keep clawing. Chargers aren't going to give up.

Finger Roll
10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
has San Diego beaten a winning team yet? No way they win more than 9 games with that cupcake defense and awful running game. Broncos finish 12-4 or 13-3 and Chargers 8-8 or 9-7.

enjolras
10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
They beat the worst team in football and we're ready to basically suggest they're going to win out? It's laughable. The Bolts window has shut.

ZONA
10-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Chargers 9-7
Broncos 13-3

Nuff said !!!

azbroncfan
11-01-2009, 10:15 PM
I think this Monday night game is almost a must win before Denver has to go to Washington for a road game. Any road game is a possible loss. I would hate to have a 3 game losing streak with San Diego coming to town.

Baba Booey
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Win against ****sburg and everything goes back to sugar plums.

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I want us to earn the div by us winning not SD losing

JCMElway
11-01-2009, 10:44 PM
From here on out it probably goes:

Pittsburgh -- W/L
@ Washington -- W
San Diego -- W
NYG -- W
@ KC -- W/L
@ Indy -- L
Oakland -- W
@ Philly -- L
KC -- W

The most I see us losing is 4 more games, but only 2 definite losses. Pittsburgh and @ KC could go either way because Pittsburgh is tough, and Arrowhead is a cursed tough place for us to play. That being said, if things bounce right for Denver, they should be 13-3 or 12-4 at season's end.

azbroncfan
11-01-2009, 10:47 PM
From here on out it probably goes:

Pittsburgh -- W/L
@ Washington -- W
San Diego -- W
NYG -- W
@ KC -- W/L
@ Indy -- L
Oakland -- W
@ Philly -- L
KC -- W

The most I see us losing is 4 more games, but only 2 definite losses. Pittsburgh and @ KC could go either way because Pittsburgh is tough, and Arrowhead is a cursed tough place for us to play. That being said, if things bounce right for Denver, they should be 13-3 or 12-4 at season's end.
That is how I see it. At best 12-4 but 9-7 isn't out of the picture either.

JCMElway
11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
God AZ, 9-7 would be a disaster after the way we've started. 10-6 I would be a bit disappointed, 11-5 I would be OK with. Now how about the Bolts?......

@ NYG - L
Philly - W/L
@ Denver - L
KC - W
@ Cleveland - W
@ Dallas - L
Cincy - W/L
@ Tenn - W
Washington - W

I think they probably beat Philly and Cincy and go 10-6, but 8-8 is a possibility.

So, to me, it looks like going 11-5 is going to be what it takes to win the West. Still, I'd love to go 13-3 and get that bye. Having the bye will be crucial for going deep in the playoffs.....

azbroncfan
11-01-2009, 11:11 PM
God AZ, 9-7 would be a disaster after the way we've started. .....

That would be terrible. We just have to make sure we take care of business against SD on our home field so that we have the tie breaker.

JCMElway
11-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Amen AZ, a-freaking-men.

boltaneer
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
God AZ, 9-7 would be a disaster after the way we've started. 10-6 I would be a bit disappointed, 11-5 I would be OK with. Now how about the Bolts?......

@ NYG - L
Philly - W/L
@ Denver - L
KC - W
@ Cleveland - W
@ Dallas - L
Cincy - W/L
@ Tenn - W
Washington - W

I think they probably beat Philly and Cincy and go 10-6, but 8-8 is a possibility.

So, to me, it looks like going 11-5 is going to be what it takes to win the West. Still, I'd love to go 13-3 and get that bye. Having the bye will be crucial for going deep in the playoffs.....

If you'd asked me two weeks ago about the Giants game, I would have pretty much chalked that up as a loss. But the Giants are reeling now. I don't know what has gone wrong with them but their defense has crashed and burned and Eli is back to the old Eli with his poor decision making.

Still it's an East Coast trip and the Chargers normally don't do well in those games. The only bright spot is that it's not a 1PM PST start and not an early game.

But I still think it's going to be a tough upset to pull off. The Giants are now going to be in a bit of a desperation and 'must win' mode.

Just like the thread title says, if the Bolts take out the reeling Giants and the Steelers continue to roll, it will indeed get interesting once again.

JCMElway
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
You are correct Bolt, Denver must take care of business at home. The Chargers coming into Mile High will be a huge game, no matter what!

Elway777
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
You are correct Bolt, Denver must take care of business at home. The Chargers coming into Mile High will be a huge game, no matter what! I think this game will determine who wins the Division . Even if the Broncos lose to steelers and Washington ,if the Broncos beat the changers then the Division should be the Broncos.

BossChief
11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Pittsburgh -- L
@ Washington -- W
San Diego -- L
NYG -- L
@ KC -- W
@ Indy -- L
Oakland -- W
@ Philly -- L
KC -- W

My take

10-6

loss in first round to either Jets/Steelers/Ravens

RMT
11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Pittsburgh -- L
@ Washington -- W
San Diego -- L
NYG -- L
@ KC -- W
@ Indy -- L
Oakland -- W
@ Philly -- L
KC -- W

My take

10-6

loss in first round to either Jets/Steelers/Ravens

loss to the JETS? which jets' team have you been watching? not the 2009 version.

BossChief
11-02-2009, 06:23 PM
loss to the JETS? which jets' team have you been watching? not the 2009 version.

I honestly think the Jets are about to burst.

Mark Sanchez was a GREAT big game qb for usc and will be a playoff hit once he gets there IMHO

boppool
11-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I honestly think the Jets are about to burst.

Mark Sanchez was a GREAT big game qb for usc and will be a playoff hit once he gets there IMHO

Jets in playoffs? PLAYOFF? Plaaay Offfs?

Seriously, they will NOT make it to the playoffs this year.

7-9 or 8-8 at best (win @ Carolina)

10 Sun, Nov 15 Jacksonville <B>W</B>
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ New England <B>L</B>
12 Sun, Nov 29 Carolina <B>L</B>
13 Thu, Dec 3 @ Buffalo <B>W</B>
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Tampa Bay <B>W</B>
15 Sun, Dec 20 Atlanta L
16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Indianapolis <B>L</B>
17 Sun, Jan 3 Cincinnati <B>L</B>

azbroncfan
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
The division is going to get very interesting.

broncocalijohn
11-10-2009, 12:43 PM
i knew this thread was going to get bumped. SD seems to find a way to get back to winning. We at least beat them at their house and have them for some home cooking in two weeks. We need to win that game and the 3 with the Chiefs and Raiders. Chalk up the Colts game as a loss and say Eagles. Win at home against a reeling Giants team and we should be good. Of course this is all on paper. Winning the one vs SD is huge as it gives us the tiebreaker and possible 2 games up which would actually be 3 games with the tiebreaker.

azbroncfan
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
i knew this thread was going to get bumped. SD seems to find a way to get back to winning. We at least beat them at their house and have them for some home cooking in two weeks. We need to win that game and the 3 with the Chiefs and Raiders. Chalk up the Colts game as a loss and say Eagles. Win at home against a reeling Giants team and we should be good. Of course this is all on paper. Winning the one vs SD is huge as it gives us the tiebreaker and possible 2 games up which would actually be 3 games with the tiebreaker.

Yep the San Diego game at home will have a big swing and the winner will win division in my opinion.

NFLBRONCO
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I think we should hope for better production on O before we even think about winning the division at this point. First step the Portis less Skins.

UberBroncoMan
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Yep the San Diego game at home will have a big swing and the winner will win division in my opinion.

Agreed.

55CrushEm
11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I think we should hope for better production on O before we even think about winning the division at this point. First step the Portis less Skins.

No Portis, no Cooley, and the offensive line has soooooooo many injuries.

If this team scores more than 10 on the Bronco defense, I'll be surprised/disappointed.

DomCasual
11-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Any word yet on whether Ed Hochuli is going to be available for that game?

Pick Six
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM

I think we can beat the Colts. It's the physical teams (i.e. Ravens, Steelers) with whom we have trouble.

NFLBRONCO
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I hope Orton tears up Washington so we can trade him to them on draft day.

Ambiguous
11-10-2009, 03:25 PM
I think we can beat the Colts. It's the physical teams (i.e. Ravens, Steelers) with whom we have trouble.

I agree, but ask me after we play San Diego again. I'm really hoping it's just these types of teams that can have their way with our offense, but they've just looked so bad over the past few games I'm not sure if things really are falling apart.

BuckinKaeding
11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
More than likely if we end up tied (and SD wins in Denver) that Denver will have the tiebreaker considering they play a tougher schedule (vs NE / @ Indy compared to vs Miami / @ Tennessee)

broncocalijohn
11-10-2009, 10:31 PM

I dont think Manning or the COlts are close to what they have been. They havent scored over 20 points in two games against 49ers and Texans. Hell, I had Texans as my upset of the week and almost happened. You cant just look at the schedule and say win for everyone. We wont be sweeping the rest of the schedule. I am just looking at 4 better be's in Wash, KC, Oak and either SD or @ KC. Losses will be Colts and Eagles. I dont mind this scenario but I will take a loss @ KC if it means beating SD again. Our 11th win will be if we beat the Giants.

azbroncfan
12-16-2009, 02:16 PM
This thread was they typical celebrate division in week 6.

broncofan2438
12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
This thread was they typical celebrate division in week 6.

Yup, congrats Chuggers, AFC West Chumps

azbroncfan
01-01-2010, 11:44 PM

@ NYG - L
Philly - W/L
@ Denver - L
KC - W
@ Cleveland - W
@ Dallas - L
Cincy - W/L
@ Tenn - W
Washington - W

I guess that 9-7 wasn't out of the equation what about 8-8. Yuk

Ugly Duck
01-02-2010, 03:02 AM
we're ready to basically suggest they're going to win out? It's laughable. The Bolts window has shut.

You might be right.... they may have won the last 10 in a row, but they won't win out if they lose the last game of the season. Then you can laugh.