PDA

View Full Version : Time to break out the grog.

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM MDT THURSDAY.

SNOW WILL DEVELOP TONIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY. SNOW MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 18 INCHES WITH UP TO 2 FEET POSSIBLE IN FAVORED UPSLOPE AREAS. GUSTY NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW AND REDUCED VISIBILITIES TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY

:~ohyah!:

Oh, and all you Texans and Californians stay the **** off the damn road.

bronco militia
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
a winter storm warning remains in effect from midnight tonight to 6 pm mdt thursday.

Snow will develop tonight and continue into thursday. Snow may become heavy at times from late tonight through wednesday night. Snowfall accumulations will range from 10 to 18 inches with up to 2 feet possible in favored upslope areas. Gusty north to northeast winds will produce areas of blowing snow and reduced visibilities tonight through thursday

:~ohyah!:

Oh, and all you texans and californians stay the **** off the damn road.

lol

bronco militia
10-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Grog?

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
lol

What's so funny?

Those fuggers will go up lookout mountain doing 3 ****ing MPH with white knuckles and wonder why the guy in the truck behind them looks like he's about to put a cap in their ass.

bronco militia
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
What's so funny?

Those fuggers will go up lookout mountain doing 3 ****ing MPH with white knuckles and wonder why the guy in the truck behind them looks like he's about to put a cap in their ass.

relax, ya grumpy old fart...I agree with you.

Rabb
10-27-2009, 02:24 PM
thank God for virtual office

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 02:24 PM
relax, ya grumpy old fart...I agree with you.

Note to self: Stop by the liquor store on the way to the hacienda.:wiggle:

You guys getting dumped on too?

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Note 2 to self: No raking the leaves tomorrow!

bronco militia
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM

nahh...just cloudy right now....I can see the lower clowds starting to gather around Pikes Peak.

we probably won't see snow until midnight. You guys are suppoded to get most of it

Meck77
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
It's all about the right tires. It's always a big truck with the wrong tires I usually see in a ditch up here in the mountains where I live.

Obviously front range winter driving is different and a basic all weather tire can get the job done but for serious snow/ice conditions I recommend Blizzaks. I put some on my jeep a few years ago and honestly can care less what road conditions are in front of me as long as I'm doing the speed limit. You can literally stop on ice with them.

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/bridgestone/blizzak.jsp?s_kwcid=blizzack|2908710643&

ND Bronco Fan
10-27-2009, 02:30 PM
We even got a storm watch up here in Bismarck ND out of this system. Saying 6 to 8 inches which is nothing for us up here but its just too dang early for this crap.

Mr. Elway
10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
heck yeah. Just got my ski pass. Lets get that base going!!!

DenverBound
10-27-2009, 02:36 PM
What's so funny?

If your that guy in the truck... Then the name "tailgatenut" is unbelievably fitting. :cuss:

broncofan2438
10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Note 2 to self: No raking the leaves tomorrow!

You may want to rake them, so your grass doesnt die for next summer

broncocalijohn
10-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Stop bagging on us Californians. We have to constantly be making sure we put sunscreen on so we dont burn our skin. Plus, dont you know the skill of driving with the roads constantly dry? Do you know the skill of driving while having one phone illegally to the ear and looking out our window looking at the waves break?

Hotrod
10-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Its already started here in the mtns. The new college students here will be learning how this **** works soon enough Ha!

ak1971
10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
. The new college students here will be learning how this **** works soon enough Ha!

What how to get super ****ed up and go out in the snow?

Hotrod
10-27-2009, 02:48 PM
What how to get super ****ed up and go out in the snow?

Thats the easy part. They will be ****ing up their cars by 10 am tomarrow.

I personally love to see the ones that gun it on ice at stop signs and stop lights. The more they spin the harder they slam on the gas :rofl:

ak1971
10-27-2009, 02:49 PM

I personally love to see the ones that gun it on ice at stop signs and stop lights. The more they spin the harder they slam on the gas :rofl:

do people own cars there? My ride was a beach cruiser with screws in the tires for traction.

Hotrod
10-27-2009, 02:51 PM
do people own cars there? My ride was a beach cruiser with screws in the tires for traction.

That had to suck at -40

SureShot
10-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Hotrod is it snowing there as hard as it is up here?

Meck77
10-27-2009, 02:56 PM

Or the fools who drive up from the front range to go skiing in their hondas and **** and don't think that maybe it could snow and get icy on the way back. I've seen jackass trying to push their hondas up the highway to the Eisenhower tunnel. As if they were really going to push their cars 9 miles up the continental divide. lmfao

HAT
10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Do you know the skill of driving while having one phone illegally to the ear and looking out our window looking at the waves break?

......while texting our supermodel girlfriends from our second phone?

Taco John
10-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Stay safe out there fellas.

ak1971
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Or the fools who drive up from the front range to go skiing in their hondas and **** and don't think that maybe it could snow and get icy on the way back. I've seen jackass trying to push their hondas up the highway to the Eisenhower tunnel. As if they were really going to push their cars 9 miles up the continental divide. lmfao

the fun part is coming out of the other side of the tunnel with bald tires, no windshield fluid, Its like using the force!

SureShot
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Drive fast and take chances.

Hotrod
10-27-2009, 03:01 PM

LOL a classic that replays itself every year.

Sureshot-its stopped here for now. What are you getting up there?

SureShot
10-27-2009, 03:04 PM
LOL a classic that replays itself every year.

Sureshot-its stopped here for now. What are you getting up there?

Its pounding. Gothic road is completely covered.

HAT
10-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I came out and worked at Vail for a season a decade and a half ago.

Decided to check out Blackhawk in early November and we parked in that lot way up the hill...Didn't have a clue how hard it was snowing outside b/c we were wrapped up in gambling. Needless to say it took quite awhile just to get down those parking lot switchbacks and back through the canyon to I-70.

I'd driven in snow and slush before in Tahoe, Mammoth, etc.....But never buzzed in near white out conditions. Sketchy!

Hotrod
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Its not fun until you have to stick your head out the window to see coming down McClure, Monarch or Slumgullion (sp)

broncocalijohn
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
......while texting our supermodel girlfriends from our second phone?

dont rub it in. I am mad today it is overcast and a little windy. Probably in the 60s right now.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM

Not yet, but I think its coming.

Hogan11
10-27-2009, 04:38 PM
You call that snow? Wait till the lake effect machine gets roaring here, then I'll show you some snow!

Broncos4tw
10-27-2009, 05:40 PM
The problems arise when you add one part "omg how do you drive in this crap?" + one part "Holy **** snow means you go 20mph faster than usual dip****s," + the rest of the normal drivers = a mess.

I usually go to an work an hour earlier. Takes 15 minutes even in crappy weather, opposed to 2 hours with moronic traffic.

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
the fun part is coming out of the other side of the tunnel with bald tires, no windshield fluid, Its like using the force!

Well the do have the runaway ramps.:spit:

24champ
10-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I think I will take the lightrail tomorrow getting to downtown. Too many jackasses on the road and with heavy snow...there's going to be some accidents.

The other night I came down the 285 from fishing in the Mountains. At one point the guy in front of me lost control and swerved across all 4 lanes of the highway twice before regaining control, the second time was in front of an oncoming big rig. Prolly had to wipe after that one.

gunns
10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
The storm came through here today. It was cold, blowing and it snowed pretty good off and on all day. It stuck on the cars but fortunately not on the roads. It's suppose to snow tonight so that may make a difference as far as the roads. I think you guys are going to get worse than us. Which is fine with me as long as the slopes are getting a good base. It's almost time to go skiing!!!!!

SJ Bronco
10-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Here in nocal, everyone is freaking out about some weak 60mph winds....just another reason for you to hate us. In our defense, the wind did break the bay bridge this evening.....

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Cable-Snaps-on-Bay-Bridge-Hits-Truck-66711592.html

McDman
10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
We even got a storm watch up here in Bismarck ND out of this system. Saying 6 to 8 inches which is nothing for us up here but its just too dang early for this crap.

I family in Bismark, it's a pretty nice little town. My cousin played football at Mary.