PDA

View Full Version : Delusional Ravens Fans

Old Dude
10-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Here you go:

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=222207

And if that's not enough, check the poll results in lower right hand corner:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/mnf

More than 75% of the country sees the Broncos as the most likely to lose this week.

If you saw the "electoral map" on MNF last night, you'd see that it's a sweep - unanimous across every state and region.

We are doomed.

Eldorado
10-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Ravens 31-17. The Bronco's are playing above their ability level right now. Sorry but Orton is still the same bum he was in Chi. He'll make mistakes throw a couple picks get flustered and thats it. Matter of fact unfortunatly I think the Steelers beat them also.

Orton is a bum. We're doomed.

Merlin
10-27-2009, 10:22 AM
They have some guy called Lewis who will make Moreno his punching bag. Some guy called Reed who will turn Orton into at TO machine. Some guy called Flacco who will have a field day passing against are old safeties. Lastly, some guy called Rice will be hitting the holes so hard the front 7 will be shown to be the mediocre 7. Once again Denver loses in Baltimore. 37-10 for the Ravens (the 10 pts from Denver are the result of the revamped STs).

DeuceOfClub
10-27-2009, 10:26 AM
The Ravens are well rested

?

Kaylore
10-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that America is annoyed we're winning? It's like they are mad we are good and are rooting for us to lose.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that America is annoyed we're winning? It's like they are mad we are good and are rooting for us to lose.

I agree. Its because America had decided, based on absolutely nothing, that McDaniels didn't know what he was doing. Americans hate being wrong. About anything.

Its funny what humans decide to believe is true. Like that post above from the Ravens fan about Orton. He claims Orton will go back to his old ways, throw picks, and get flustered. When has that EVER been Kyle's problem. So much of the discourse, especially in sports, is so simplified and, simply, fabricated most of the time for the sake of conversation.

Boss Man
10-27-2009, 11:00 AM

This. Even last night during MNF, Mike Turico was going over the redskins schedule and when he mentioned Denver he says "The broncos, who are 6-0 for now..." But he did not mention that when he was talking about the saints on there schedule 2 teams later...

Old Dude
10-27-2009, 11:08 AM
3rd week in a row that I've heard numerous analysts on TV (and in blogs) pick Denver's opponent to win in an "upset" (despite the fact that the other team was favored to start with.)

Bronco Boy
10-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Hmm...sounds like it's a "must win game for them" because their "backs are against the wall". Where have I heard that before?

Greatspirits
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I love it! Id rather have it this way for now, than every shmoe telling us how good we are. That chip on the shoulder can go a long way for us this year. Go Bronx!

spdirty
10-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Man this place cracks me up. If one guy picks us to win the Super Bowl we maners will ignore it and go to the guy who has us losing and get all huffy and puffy about it cuz we got "disrespected."

Never fails, never gets old, and its always great entertainment.

And, like everyone else, I hope we keep getting dissed, keep flying under the radar, and continue to surprise everyone.

WolfpackGuy
10-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Ravens haven't really shown me anything other than their defense is getting older.
Royal and Marshall should have HUGE games.

azbroncfan
10-27-2009, 11:35 AM

Yeah there is a conspiracy that everyone hates the Broncos and wants them to lose.

Old Dude
10-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah there is a conspiracy that everyone hates the Broncos and wants them to lose.

And they are right. But we are going to lose anyway because we suck and are lucky to be any better than 2-4 right now. The Ravens will be the first real team we've faced. Certainly the most explosive and hard hitting. And they need this game much more than San Diego did. Not to mention better rested. And at home.

This is where Kyle Orton looks like Kyle Orton. Clady and Harris will get schooled and our whole backfield will get killed.

Ravens 42-6.

Killericon
10-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Ed Reed will break the single season interception record during this game.

Ravens win 112-21, with Royal returning 3 kickoffs for TDs.

Garcia Bronco
10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Ravens 70 to 3. Ravens are all touchdowns.

gunns
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM

They've lost a lot of money on those bets against Denver. Every week I get phone calls and everyone starts out "What the hell is going on with your Broncos? I thought for sure they'd lose to ______".

Hogan11
10-27-2009, 12:27 PM

It's because of fantasy football and the fact that the team just isn't sexy enough for passive TV viewership (no superstars on par with the Farve's, Brady's and Manning's of the world).

Gee, my heart just bleeds for such people

scorpio
10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Bus gets shot at on the way to the stadium. Knowshon decides not to come out of the tunnel when he sees Ray Lewis. Orton's pre-game Jack & Coke is replaced with an appletini.

Ravens 91
Broncos 6

Dukes
10-27-2009, 12:34 PM
They have some guy called Lewis who will make Moreno his punching bag. Some guy called Reed who will turn Orton into at TO machine. Some guy called Flacco who will have a field day passing against are old safeties. Lastly, some guy called Rice will be hitting the holes so hard the front 7 will be shown to be the mediocre 7. Once again Denver loses in Baltimore. 37-10 for the Ravens (the 10 pts from Denver are the result of the revamped STs).

But they don't have Faneco

Endy
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
If you saw the "electoral map" on MNF last night, you'd see that it's a sweep - unanimous across every state and region.

WHOAH there slappy! New Hampshire was the only state to not vote for the Broncos. I'm holding my own up here. Hell, even Colorado thinks the Broncos will lose first.

Old Dude
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
WHOAH there slappy! New Hampshire was the only state to not vote for the Broncos. I'm holding my own up here. Hell, even Colorado thinks the Broncos will lose first.

Oops. Leave it to New Hampshire to spoil a perfect slate.

fdf
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Ed Reed will break the single season interception record during this game.

Ravens win 112-21, with Royal returning 3 kickoffs for TDs.

We'll never put up 21 on the Ravens.

Bronco Warrior
10-27-2009, 02:14 PM
It's funny how a broken down hasbeen like Ray Lewis is still making everybody think he's the ****..and has played average but BDawk WeaponX is still playing at the top of his game and he gets called old (safties). Our Secondaru will dominate Ravens old and average receivers...oh but we still get beat 92-2

Irish Stout
10-27-2009, 02:24 PM
I think the fans are sort of looking past us... hope the team is as well.

ravens 27 broncos 13
the ravens will shut down the run and the corners and safetys will play better. They will generate some pass rush and Orton will be sacked several times. It will be obvious the ravens made adjustments and we will punish the broncos. The test is the next week in Cin. and the up comming steelers thats really all that matters, as long as we stay within striking range of both teams we have a chance to make the playoffs, those are the teams that matter.
This week though, our fire is hotter than theirs!!!

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=222207&page=3

Garcia Bronco
10-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Crabcakes and Football. It's what Maryland does.

Rabb
10-27-2009, 02:31 PM

+1 you motorboatin' son of a bitch you

oubronco
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Ratbirds 9000000-0

Garcia Bronco
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
+1 you motorboatin' son of a b**** you

Where is she? Is she in the house?

Rabb
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Where is she? Is she in the house?

Why don't you go enjoy yourself while I go ice my balls and spit up blood.

Master___Pain
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I like all the 30+ point predictions for the Ravens.

Archer81
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I dont know...Bronxos ended River's streak of wins on MNF...seems orton may be the man for the job in Baltimore.

Of course, we will probably lose 25,000,000,000,000,000 to 2.

:Broncos:

Mr.Meanie
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Why don't you go enjoy yourself while I go ice my balls and spit up blood.

Mom! Meatloaf! ****!

ZONA
10-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I was on some other Ravens board last night and most of the posts I saw from fans had it a close game and many even thought they were going to lose so I would have to say by far they are the least delusional of them all (that we have played).

I've never bought into this our backs are against the wall crap. You're either prepared well enough and execute well enough to win or you don't. All this "we need this win" is nothing but talk right up to kick off. Then it's all about what I said before, preparation and execution.

Archer81
10-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I was on some other Ravens board last night and most of the posts I saw from fans had it a close game and many even thought they were going to lose so I would have to say by far they are the least delusional of them all (that we have played).

I've never bought into this our backs are against the wall crap. You're either prepared well enough and execute well enough to win or you don't. All this "we need this win" is nothing but talk right up to kick off. Then it's all about what I said before, preparation and execution.

Me either. Dallas, SD and now Baltimore had "their backs to the wall"...kind of silly. Either the Ravens play well enough to win or they dont.

RMT
10-27-2009, 04:26 PM

i for one hope for the "preparation for execution" of the ravens ... i think this year's Broncos have a maturity and consistency we haven't seen in years. it bodes well for the "one game at a time" approach as well as not taking a nosedive down the stretch, which has been a common theme that past several years.

Old Dude
10-27-2009, 04:29 PM
In all seriousness, Baltimore and Denver have faced four common opponents. They both blew out Cleveland. They both won on the road at San Diego. They both had close, tough games against the Pats and the Bengals. Arguably, the difference is that Denver had the Pats at home and got a big break against the Bengals.

Denver won at home against Dallas, but it certainly wasn't a blowout. The Ravens nearly beat a stronger Viking team on the road. Only a late missed FG stopped them.

There's really not that much difference between 6-0 and 3-3. Just a small handful of ball bounces and controversial calls.

And the Ravens are at home, which is definitely an advantage. So it should be a tight tough game, either way.

Irish Stout
10-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I get it that some people do not like Orton, but to say this about a QB who has (barely) one interception this year is incredible!

From http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=222207&page=5

"Sorry but look at the stats and/or watch the Chicago games from back than. Orton is the Chicago version of Boller and nothing more. A fumbling bumbling idiot who is nothing more than a career backup. I guess we'll just see this sunday, and for that matter the rest of the season."

Old Dude
10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Don't they realize who they are dealing with?

http://www.purdue.edu/jumbo/covers/covers_medium/18_kyle_orton.jpg

Irish Stout
10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Don't they realize who they are dealing with?

http://www.purdue.edu/jumbo/covers/covers_medium/18_kyle_orton.jpg

I only wish he had a neckbeard in this... and an orange jersey.

Where is Dom?

Spider
10-28-2009, 11:05 AM

thats the way it was in the Sapp Bros truckstop in Denver Colo vs the Patriots , everyone in there but me and another driver wanted Denver to lose and lose bad ......... Glad I got to do my happy fat man dance at the end of the game

TerrElway
10-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I dont know...Bronxos ended River's streak of wins on MNF...seems orton may be the man for the job in Baltimore.

Of course, we will probably lose 25,000,000,000,000,000 to 2.

2? How the hell are the Broncos going to score 2? No way they score 2. I think they will get beaten so badly that the league will retroactively award them 1 point because Bowlen has been such a good owner in the league. But 2? We're talking about the Ravens Jack! RAVENS! And our team is the BRONCOS!!!! We are 3-13 material remember? Our Dline is GARBAGE remember?

Our team traded Jay Cutler, a better QB than John Elway for Kyle Orton who has never played football before.

Their team has Joe Flacco whose first name is the same as Montana's and is rumored to be the anal-womb love child of Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

Our team made Brandon Marshall mad for a little while.

Their team has some awesome receivers so good that when I watch them, they blow my mind so bad I forget their names.

Our team needed defense and took a running back in the draft.

Their team has a running back named Rice. Just like Jerry, and is said to be an actual half-man, half-horse Centaur that runs 900 miles per hour.

Our team was the worst defense on earth last year.

Their team repelled the Mongol horde in Europe 700 years ago, has a guy who kills people and wears a hat and has NEVER BEEN SCORED ON...EVER!

Plus our coach is only 15 years old and has to finish his homework before his mom will let him coach the game and John Clayton said he has chemistry issues so no way he'll get his chemistry homework done in time.

Their coach is named Harbaugh. HARBAUGH! There was a Harbaugh once who played for the Bears, the greatest team on earth that once won a Super Bowl and the same on that our team traded Jay Elway-Manning-Montana-Favre to! They had a Harbaugh once and this guy is related so that makes him a God of Football. His first name is probably Zeus I think. Zeus Harbaugh.

The Broncos are doomed and I expect the Ravens defense to show up at my door and the door of all Broncos fans after the game and gang tackle us all into submission for daring to root against them.

Gort
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM

crabcakes are actually for the tourists. most Marylanders eat crabs steamed with a bit of beer and Old Bay seasoning.

HAT
10-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Somebody needs to post this over there..... ;D

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=25193&stc=1&d=1255375575

Rigs11
10-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Doom's gonna eat Flacco for lunch and dinner.Sheffler should have a big day as well.

enjolras
10-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Like usual... Baltimore: 97, Broncos: 1.

Archer81
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Somebody needs to post this over there..... ;D

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=25193&stc=1&d=1255375575

You know this pic is perfect.

Circle Orange
10-28-2009, 06:21 PM
How in hell can you play above your ability? If you can't do it, it won't happen!

And Ravens fans still live ten years ago. Popping up once a decade does not a dynasty make. Cripes, someone give these dopes in Balmer a clue.

HAT
10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
You know this pic is perfect.

Crow...Raven...Same difference.

Circle Orange
10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
2? How the hell are the Broncos going to score 2? No way they score 2. I think they will get beaten so badly that the league will retroactively award them 1 point because Bowlen has been such a good owner in the league. But 2? We're talking about the Ravens Jack! RAVENS! And our team is the BRONCOS!!!! We are 3-13 material remember? Our Dline is GARBAGE remember?

Our team traded Jay Cutler, a better QB than John Elway for Kyle Orton who has never played football before.

Their team has Joe Flacco whose first name is the same as Montana's and is rumored to be the anal-womb love child of Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

Our team made Brandon Marshall mad for a little while.

Their team has some awesome receivers so good that when I watch them, they blow my mind so bad I forget their names.

Our team needed defense and took a running back in the draft.

Their team has a running back named Rice. Just like Jerry, and is said to be an actual half-man, half-horse Centaur that runs 900 miles per hour.

Our team was the worst defense on earth last year.

Their team repelled the Mongol horde in Europe 700 years ago, has a guy who kills people and wears a hat and has NEVER BEEN SCORED ON...EVER!

Plus our coach is only 15 years old and has to finish his homework before his mom will let him coach the game and John Clayton said he has chemistry issues so no way he'll get his chemistry homework done in time.

Their coach is named Harbaugh. HARBAUGH! There was a Harbaugh once who played for the Bears, the greatest team on earth that once won a Super Bowl and the same on that our team traded Jay Elway-Manning-Montana-Favre to! They had a Harbaugh once and this guy is related so that makes him a God of Football. His first name is probably Zeus I think. Zeus Harbaugh.

The Broncos are doomed and I expect the Ravens defense to show up at my door and the door of all Broncos fans after the game and gang tackle us all into submission for daring to root against them.

They'll score two by kicking two extra points and then forfeiting. Don't you know anything about football? Ha!

Cutler = sex, sliced bread, marshmallow cupcakes, the hoola hoop and superelasticbubbleplastic
Cutler < Elway, regardless

Dutch
10-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Hmmmm. B-more. Watched them a couple of games this year. I know when you look at common oposition, we look pretty even. However, I think we win this game by 10-14. The Ravens have not faced our D and I believe we will match up well with them. Look for 3-4 sacks in this game and 2 picks. Weather could be an issue as far as playing conditions are concerned, but unlike the past several years....I'm not worried about us folding due to it. We will be able to throw on them. That will open up the run game and I expect both Buck and KM to have a solid day. I'll call it at 24-14 Broncos. Until I see a D dominate our O line..........(hasn't happened yet). I don't see it starting this weekend.

Irish Stout
10-30-2009, 09:11 AM
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/14944-the-undefeated-broncos-attempt-2/

I love it 14 pages basically saying we're soft and do for a bad game!