PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 05:43 PM
You and every Jizz fan are completely obsessed with the Lakers and its fans. I guess when Lakers oust your Jizz team seemingly every year, it's understandable why you would be grasping for straws in trying to flame Laker fans in this thread. Hilarious!

Too bad you just figured out I was a Jazz fan you have been calling me a Suns fan for a month now. LA is just getting us back for when they used to be the whipping boy for the Jazz. It's ok because when the C's eliminate LA Kobe will be won as much this year as your boy LeBron.

You might as well start with your ref excuses now.

Jason in LA
06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Game time!

Jason in LA
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Finally some offense. Funny how things are different when playing at home. But it's still super early.

oubronco
06-15-2010, 07:21 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many jumpshots and not enough driving to the hoop

Like I said the Lakers are a different team when they don't settle for jumpshots, Kobe set the tone when he took to the basket right off the bat and hopefully they don't let up in the second half :thumbsup:

ohiobronco2
06-15-2010, 08:13 PM
What a blow out. This isn't enjoyable to watch as a person who isn't a fan of either team.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Champs showing why they are the champs.

That was just an old-fashioned, take-you-to-the-woodshed-and-blister-your-ass BEAT DOWN!!!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gifhttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gifhttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gifhttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gif

Jason in LA
06-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm trying not to be over confident, but damn, it's hard not to get all excited about beating the crap out of the Celtics in Game 7. It's hard to believe that the Celtics can win it at this point.

But I'm trying to stay level headed, and Game 7 could be totally different. More than likely it will be a dog fight to the end. Like I said earlier today, it's either Celtics in 6 or Lakers in 7. It's really hard to win Game 7 on the opponents court. And I'd say that the Lakers are just the better team. We heard the past couple days how the Celtics were better. But they had an extra home game and had a one game lead. No shocker there. I've thought throughout this series that the Lakers were the better team, even when they were down 3-2. Like I've said throughout the entire playoffs, the better team wins. If the Celtics can pull out Game 7, then I guess I'll have to give them credit as being the better team. But I just don't see that happening.

HAT
06-15-2010, 10:34 PM
What a blow out. This isn't enjoyable to watch as a person who isn't a fan of either team.

That's what happens when 50 win scrub teams sneak into the finals.

There's been maybe 6 entertaining quarters of basketball so far. Such a joke.

cutthemdown
06-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Lake Show Nuff!!!!! 1 more game then we can set sights on 3 peat with someone like Chris Bosch etc etc.

24champ
06-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Champs showing why they are the champs.

That was just an old-fashioned, take-you-to-the-woodshed-and-blister-your-ass BEAT DOWN!!!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gifhttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gifhttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gifhttp://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4193/ball1.gif

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/7e/fullj.1c40ebb21f540cffa68cd0b429da570b/1c40ebb21f540cffa68cd0b429da570b-getty-99174874mw086_nba_finals_ga.jpg

cousinal11
06-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Ouch.

Guess I'll go into Game 7 with mindest of, "Well, if you would have told me a month ago, you'll be in Game 7 of the Finals with a chance to win it all...''.

ohiobronco2
06-16-2010, 07:28 AM
That's what happens when 50 win scrub teams sneak into the finals.

There's been maybe 6 entertaining quarters of basketball so far. Such a joke.

They are hardly a scrub team. They have 3 Hall of Fame players on that team. They just really underachieved throughout the regular season, most likely due to the injuries. They are healthy now, I expect a competitive game 7.

R8R H8R
06-16-2010, 03:11 PM
They are hardly a scrub team. They have 3 Hall of Fame players on that team. They just really underachieved throughout the regular season, most likely due to the injuries. They are healthy now, I expect a competitive game 7.

Not anymore. Perkins is officially out. While I expect a more competitive game than last night, the Lakers should have the advantage.

OBF1
06-16-2010, 04:30 PM
A little over 24 hours until game time. Call me excited.

Mr.Meanie
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0602/la_g_kobe01_576.jpg

ohiobronco2
06-16-2010, 06:18 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0602/la_g_kobe01_576.jpg

I don't know why Doc Rivers has not called the one and only man who can stop Kobe Bryant. That man is known as the..........................KOBE STOPPER. :rofl:

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200907/f0cb5e3665f27e1c43f93f450ee86624.jpg

ohiobronco2
06-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Not anymore. Perkins is officially out. While I expect a more competitive game than last night, the Lakers should have the advantage.

They have always had the advantage inside and losing Perkins is huge, but I don't think that alone is going to decide the outcome of tomorrow's game. Hopefully it is not like the last game 7 these two teams played, I hope for a very competitive game. Triple overtime would be nice. :approve:

FADERPROOF
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
It will suck if the Lakers win because the ever annoying Laker fans will get to cheer, it will suck even more if the Celtics win because their above and beyond all possible annoyance 10 fold fans will get to cheer.

So go lakers!!!!

OBF1
06-16-2010, 08:33 PM
It will suck if the Lakers win because the ever annoying Laker fans will get to cheer, it will suck even more if the Celtics win because their above and beyond all possible annoyance 10 fold fans will get to cheer.
So go lakers!!!!

Why are you wasting our time on this thread??? Go hold melo or labrons sack, whatever is your flavor of the month.

Go Lakers

FADERPROOF
06-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Why are you wasting our time on this thread??? Go hold melo or labrons sack, whatever is your flavor of the month.

Go Lakers

Boy, you did a lot to prove me wrong about the Lakers fanbase right there.

Jason in LA
06-17-2010, 08:58 AM
This game is so huge. For non Lakers/Celtics fans I'm sure it's a big game, but for Lakers/Celtics fan, this game is for greatness. I guess it's like the Yankees/Redsox, or Duke/North Carolina. I can see it as a huge rivalry, but I really don't care all that much.

The Celtics did so much damage in the '60s, especially to the Lakers. They racked up all those titles, and now the Lakers are just two titles behind them. The Lakers have been playing catch up for years. Falling three titles back again is going to suck. Win this game and the Lakers can catch them next year. And this Lakers team might be able to squeeze one more title the year afterwards, making them the greatest NBA franchise ever! If the Lakers lose, it will be the same old story. On the verge of greatness and lose to Boston again. The Lakers are 0-4 against the Celtics in Game 7s. If the Celtics win the title in LA, that's just going to suck ass.

Beantown Bronco
06-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Falling three titles back again is going to suck.

I think it's telling that you chose to say "is going to" suck instead of "would" suck. :poke:

Jason in LA
06-17-2010, 10:19 AM
I think it's telling that you chose to say "is going to" suck instead of "would" suck. :poke:

:chairhit:

;D

Jason in LA
06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Former Celtic Cedric Maxwell was just on the radio out here in LA. When asked why he thought that the Celtics would win he said that throughout the years the Celtics had beaten the Lakers in the Finals, so why would this be any different. That damn Celtics attitude. Time to bust them in the mouth.

cutthemdown
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Not good for Celts losing Perkins. I wonder what that does to Lakers strategy?

Beantown Bronco
06-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Not good for Celts losing Perkins. I wonder what that does to Lakers strategy?

Perkins was an offensive liability and had been playing tentatively on defense ever since he got the technical anyway. Big Baby and Rasheed Wallace can step up in his absence......though I think it would be hilarious if Doc decides to activate Scallops and he comes through with a big night.

OABB
06-17-2010, 12:54 PM
With pierce tripping everyone and rondo shoving players inthe back, the celtics can injure one of the lakers and Even things out.

Jason in LA
06-17-2010, 01:15 PM
The thing that worries me is Doc coming up with some strategy that the Lakers take a while to adjust to. It's just one game. You never know what can happen. If the Celtics had to play without Perkins for the entire series then I'd say it's a wrap. But one game, the Celtics could figure something out to get them by.

On paper it's a mismatch. Wallace isn't a center, and he isn't the defensive player that Perkins is, even if Perkins had to take a little off his game. And if Wallace gets in foul trouble again then it will be just like Game 6.

24champ
06-17-2010, 03:11 PM
The thing that worries me is Doc coming up with some strategy that the Lakers take a while to adjust to. It's just one game. You never know what can happen. If the Celtics had to play without Perkins for the entire series then I'd say it's a wrap. But one game, the Celtics could figure something out to get them by.

On paper it's a mismatch. Wallace isn't a center, and he isn't the defensive player that Perkins is, even if Perkins had to take a little off his game. And if Wallace gets in foul trouble again then it will be just like Game 6.

Strategy goes out the window in Game 7, its all about will and who wants it more.

Got my Laker flag up today and driving on the freeways late this morning was fun, everyone was honking and yelling.

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bostonsucks.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/le5aIqn_MfE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/le5aIqn_MfE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I wish both teams could lose... but I want LA to lose more.

Los Broncos
06-17-2010, 03:25 PM
No way the Lakers lose this game, I just hope it's close and entertaining.

Mr.Meanie
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
No way the Lakers lose this game, I just hope it's close and entertaining.

This. The only thing better IMO than a 40 beatdown would be a contested, falling away 3 from Kobe to win in double OT.

24champ
06-17-2010, 04:00 PM
This. The only thing better IMO than a 40 beatdown would be a contested, falling away 3 from Kobe to win in double OT.

I just want to win, humiliate Boston...I don't care what the score is. Just win and send them home crying.

spdirty
06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Looks like its gonna be a nailbiter, which is cool because I dont have a dog in the fight so I wont have a heart attack with all the drama but its just great entertainment. And go Celtics! Screw the pretty people.

baja
06-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Boston will pull away now they got the energy.

Orange4Life
06-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Come on Celtics!

I guess Jordan's kid just called out kobe on Twitter "Marcus Jordan's tweet: NO ONE...And I mean NO ONE should EVER com par kobe Bryant to my dad an say that he is anywhere near close to my dad He's jagging this game" LOL

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Fisher has big nuts like Randy Marsh.

baja
06-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Boston needs Bird to win this one now.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 08:58 PM
37-17. Just sayin. This was one of the worst finals game in recent memory. Well, except for the last few minutes. That was entertaining. Congrats to Laker and Celtic fans alike. Good series. Ron Artest thanks his psychiatrist. LOL

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Boston needs Bird to win this one now.

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/bird_poop_kid.jpg

TheChamp24
06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
37-17. Just sayin. This was one of the worst finals game in recent memory. Well, except for the last few minutes. That was entertaining. Congrats to Laker and Celtic fans alike. Good series. Ron Artest thanks his psychiatrist. LOL

That was freakin atrocious man, atrocious game 7

phillybroncosnut
06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Boston 17 Championships
LA 11 Championships

Still got some work to do.... Oh, unless you are claiming the 5 titles won in Minn?

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2010, 09:12 PM
so, LA lost?

Captain 'Dre
06-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Helluva comback by L.A., after being down by 13 in the 3rd.

They overcame awful shooting with outstanding defense and perserverance.

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2010, 09:15 PM
What is the final score?

ZONA
06-17-2010, 09:24 PM
The only thing that made this game decent was how close it was. Lowest scoring game in Finals history I think they said. Ugly Ugly Ugly basketball on both sides. Refs were decent tonight. Still think LA got more of the hometown calls in the last 3 minutes. I called that Gasol travel full speed when it happened. Dumb ass announcer said it's hard to see that full speed. Yeah, like Gasol is known to have amazing hangtime on his shots. That was a huge bucket and Lakers fans should be thanking their lucky stars it was a bad call in their favor.

Well - it was a damn long and fun season. NBA is OVER for the year. Now we get nothing but a bunch of crap MLB highlights of meaningless games for a few months.

Kaylore
06-17-2010, 09:31 PM
**** the Lakers and their stupid ass fans. Easiest team in history to be fan of. Lebron is better. Kobe is a whiny prick. Have a great evening! :-)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 09:32 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9462/lwo1.jpg

strafen
06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
what is the final score?

83-79

Los Broncos
06-17-2010, 09:34 PM
The only thing that made this game decent was how close it was. Lowest scoring game in Finals history I think they said. Ugly Ugly Ugly basketball on both sides. Refs were decent tonight. Still think LA got more of the hometown calls in the last 3 minutes. I called that Gasol travel full speed when it happened. Dumb ass announcer said it's hard to see that full speed. Yeah, like Gasol is known to have amazing hangtime on his shots. That was a huge bucket and Lakers fans should be thanking their lucky stars it was a bad call in their favor.

Well - it was a damn long and fun season. NBA is OVER for the year. Now we get nothing but a bunch of crap MLB highlights of meaningless games for a few months.

I'm not one to bitch about calls, but it wasn't that great.

One play where Garnett was driving to the basket Gasol clearly fouled him across the arm.

Didn't get any ball at all.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Back to back, baby!!!! :yayaya: :yayaya: :yayaya: :yayaya:

http://seshdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/la_lakers.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 09:36 PM
**** the Lakers and their stupid ass fans. Easiest team in history to be fan of. Lebron is better. Kobe is a whiny prick. Have a great evening! :-)

Go **** yourself, you dumb ****ing toothless hick! 4321~

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 09:37 PM
boston 17 championships
la 11 championships

???

Wtf?

strafen
06-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Go **** yourself, you dumb ****ing toothless hick! 4321~OM approves this message!

ZONA
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
And what's with all the skin potmarks on Gasol? Every game it looks worse, he's got some new sore growing. Dude needs to roll around in some sand in the offseason and toughen up that skin some. Hahahaha.

24champ
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Lake Show! Holy S***! We won!

Bye bye celtics... See you in another 20 years when you are relevant again!

24champ
06-17-2010, 09:47 PM

Wah wah wah.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Lake Show! Holy S***! We won!

Bye bye celtics... See you in another 20 years when you are relevant again!

^5 ^5 ^5 ^5

http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p8090736dt.jpg

bombay
06-17-2010, 09:49 PM
I was partying with Nick Weatherspoon one night when he played for the San Diego Clippers in, like, 1979, and Joe Bryant and Sidney Wicks showed up at this party. I was bull****ting with Joe, and asked him how he got the nickname, Jellybean. He says, "oh man, that's a great story". Ok, tell me. "Well, when I was in high school, I really liked jellybeans". Great. What's the great story part? "That's it, man." Uh, damn. Nice guy, though.

That was the year Kobe was born.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Dueling Quotes:

Looks like its gonna be a nailbiter, which is cool because I dont have a dog in the fight so I wont have a heart attack with all the drama but its just great entertainment.

And go Celtics! Screw the pretty people.

Talk about the definition of "forked tongue."

And "screw the pretty people?"

I guess that gives us more of an idea what your issues are. :rofl:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 09:56 PM
I just want to win, humiliate Boston...I don't care what the score is. Just win and send them home crying.

+1

It's almost as gratifying to watch all the L.A. haters and Smeltic bandwagoners
crying. :giggle:

Boobs McGee
06-17-2010, 09:59 PM
BACK TO BACK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT ending to a series. That was just defensive stop after defensive stop, glad to see the refs let em play.

The whole trading 3's at the end was just awesome. Thought we won in SPITE of kobe tonight, he was taking horrible shots...great rebounding though. Pau pau gets mvp of that one, imo. OR ron ron, that fool just wanted a damn RING! fish comin back and shootin that 3 was just nuts btw. WOW, exciting finish!!!!

Hats off to the celtics, that was an extrEMELY tough win tonight.

back.

to.

back.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
???

Wtf?

What is so hard to understand. He is saying the Lakers have only won 11 titles in the city of Los Angeles. The rest were when the franchise was in Minneapolis.

http://ragingred.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/braindumb1.jpg

NFLBRONCO
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Can I say 3 peat WOO HOO WC Lakers

bombay
06-17-2010, 10:03 PM
BACK TO BACK b****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT ending to a series. That was just defensive stop after defensive stop, glad to see the refs let em play.

The whole trading 3's at the end was just awesome. Thought we won in SPITE of kobe tonight, he was taking horrible shots...great rebounding though. Pau pau gets mvp of that one, imo. OR ron ron, that fool just wanted a damn RING! fish comin back and shootin that 3 was just nuts btw. WOW, exciting finish!!!!

back.

to.

back.

Congrats, you dude. I know I owe you some discs, too. As soon as I get some blanks, I'll be in touch.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:03 PM
BACK TO BACK b****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back.

to.

back.

Congrats fella.

24champ
06-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I love Ryan Clady, quite possibly the best post on Facebook tonight. Lolz

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm not one to b**** about calls, but it wasn't that great.

One play where Garnett was driving to the basket Gasol clearly fouled him across the arm.

Didn't get any ball at all.

Well the same could be said about when Ron was driving to the basket against Garnett. I just don't like how the Lakers lived at the line at the end of the game. Neither team really took the title.

24champ
06-17-2010, 10:08 PM
+1

Ever notice that all the whiners on this thread and majority of the laker haters are fans of teams that never won a championship? Hmmm.

Boobs McGee
06-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Congrats, you dude. I know I owe you some discs, too. As soon as I get some blanks, I'll be in touch.

thanks man! No worries on the music bro, whenever's clever. My hard drive is officially fried btw, so take your time

Boobs McGee
06-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Well the same could be said about when Ron was driving to the basket against Garnett. I just don't like how the Lakers lived at the line at the end of the game. Neither team really took the title.

Imo, it really seemed like they FINALLY started attacking the basket more. After settling for ****ty jumpers for 3 quarters, they actually got agressive. It seemed like Boston's D got a little complacent there at the end...I dunno, it's obviously easy for me as a lakers fan to shrug off the number of foul shots, but UNLIKE some of the other games, I really thought the overwhelming majority were legit.

Might have to go back and watch it again.

bombay
06-17-2010, 10:14 PM
thanks man! No worries on the music bro, whenever's clever. My hard drive is officially fried btw, so take your time

That's cool, and I'm happy for you, man. Good win.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-17-2010, 10:16 PM
The show was ballin' tonight. They D'd up

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Imo, it really seemed like they FINALLY started attacking the basket more. After settling for ****ty jumpers for 3 quarters, they actually got agressive. It seemed like Boston's D got a little complacent there at the end...I dunno, it's obviously easy for me as a lakers fan to shrug off the number of foul shots, but UNLIKE some of the other games, I really thought the overwhelming majority were legit.

Might have to go back and watch it again.

There is a lot of truth to what you are saying. I do think they became more aggressive at the end, my arguement is that the refs let both teams play physical basketball all game long and only in the 4th did they begin to call fouls and the majority of those calls went to the Lakers. That doesn't mean officiating decided the game, just wasn't called the same throughout. Celtics had their chances, but LA played outstanding D down the stretch.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:20 PM
What is so hard to understand. He is saying the Lakers have only won 11 titles in the city of Los Angeles. The rest were when the franchise was in Minneapolis.

Ha ha ha! ROFL!

Spin like this is truly the last refuge of a Laker hater.

You really ought to quit before you embarrass yourself.

bombay
06-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Gee, is it surprising that all of us are happy for Bronconia, and... uh, not so much for others?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:23 PM
There is a lot of truth to what you are saying. I do think they became more aggressive at the end, my arguement is that the refs let both teams play physical basketball all game long and only in the 4th did they begin to call fouls and the majority of those calls went to the Lakers. That doesn't mean officiating decided the game, just wasn't called the same throughout. Celtics had their chances, but LA played outstanding D down the stretch.

Ha ha ha! :rofl:

Now look who's complaining about the officiating.

I thought you couldn't stand people who did that sort of thing?

cutthemdown
06-17-2010, 10:23 PM
+1

oh yeah.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Ha ha ha! ROFL!

Spin like this is truly the last refuge of a Laker hater.

You really ought to quit before you embarrass yourself.

What did I spin, other than you around and around like a top throughout this entire thread. I was just interpreting to you what he was trying to say. I understand, not only is math hard, but so are words. Try to keep up.

broncocalijohn
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM

Haters gotta hate. I know it is easy to hate a team from LA and the whole Hollywood thing but this team brings the whole So Cal region together. It cant for hockey, college football/basketball or Pro baseball (and used to be Pro football with Rams fans vs Faiders fans). This team is #1 because of an outstanding foundation and history. Congrats to the Lakers and my fellow Lakers fans.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Ever notice that all the whiners on this thread and majority of the laker haters are fans of teams that never won a championship? Hmmm.

Couldn't be more glaringly obvious. :yep:

OABB
06-17-2010, 10:25 PM
The funniest thing is how people here rag on the lakers and their fans for being obnoxious and they are the biggest whiners of them all. The nuggs series last yet was pathetic with the ref b****ing. And now they are all high and mighty. Most of us laker fans were calm and educated. Even now we aren't rubbing it in like they would have ifbwe lost.

Just pathetic.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Gee, is it surprising that all of us are happy for Bronconia, and... uh, not so much for others?

Well, some are classy and others are.....you know, just getting their first hairs. Jason seems like a good fella as well. Congrats Jason.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:29 PM
What did I spin, other than you around and around like a top throughout this entire thread. I was just interpreting to you what he was trying to say. I understand, not only is math hard, but so are words. Try to keep up.

You didn't do the spinning - it was the guy who made the original statement (which you defended, not surprisingly.)

How desperate do you have to be at this juncture when your only recourse is to try to invalidate the titles the Lakers won in Minnesota?

You're a poster boy for hate, envy, and mediocrity.

HAT
06-17-2010, 10:31 PM
YAWN.....Such a boring series.

That's what happens when a 50 win scrub teams pollutes the finals.

LAL-ORL would've been so much better from a fan's POV.

Oh well.

^^^^^^^^
Mock Haku

ohiobronco2
Ha ha ha! :rofl:

Now look who's complaining about the officiating.

I thought you couldn't stand people who did that sort of thing?

True, I am saying that they called the fouls in the favor of the Lakers at the end of the game. The footage doesn't lie. But a small difference between you and I, I didn't say that it decided the outcome of the game. Of course, whenever the Lakers lose it's some sort of conspiracy and the refs are out to get them, right? ROFL!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Well, some are classy and others are.....you know, just getting their first hairs. Jason seems like a good fella as well. Congrats Jason.

You've brought nothing but hate to this thread, and all of a sudden you're the arbiter of "classy?"

Thanks for that thigh-slapper! ROFL!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:32 PM
True, I am saying that they called the fouls in the favor of the Lakers at the end of the game. The footage doesn't lie. But a small difference between you and I, I didn't say that it decided the outcome of the game. Of course, whenever the Lakers lose it's some sort of conspiracy and the refs are out to get them, right? ROFL!

Funny - when fouls were called in favor of the Celtics in this series, I never heard a peep from you, Mr. "Impartial."

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
You didn't do the spinning - it was the guy who made the original statement (which you defended, not surprisingly.)

How desperate do you have to be at this juncture when your only recourse is to try to invalidate the titles the Lakers won in Minnesota?

You're a poster boy for hate, envy, and mediocrity.

You can't be this ignorant. I didn't defend, I interpreted. You put up a question mark like you didn't understand what he was saying. I responded with, "What is so hard to understand. He is saying the Lakers have only won 11 titles in the city of Los Angeles. The rest were when the franchise was in Minneapolis." I didn't agree with his statement. I interpreted. You're a poster child for birth control

Maximus
06-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes!!! Congrats to all my fellow Laker Fans. I got here late I had to send out text messages to all the Haters who bombarded me out of the blue when they thought boston was in the drivers seat. Funny I never harassed or said a word to any of them but I got razzed just for being a Laker fan...

bombay
06-17-2010, 10:36 PM
YAWN.....Such a boring series.

That's what happens when a 50 win scrub teams pollutes the finals.

LAL-ORL would've been so much better from a fan's POV.

Oh well.

^^^^^^^^
Mock Haku

Yeah, well, Orlando wouldn't have helped anything. NBA is mediocity on every level now. None of these teams would touch the '80's Lakers or Celtics.

OBF1
06-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Laker's :thumbs:

Winning these championships NEVER gets old. Trying to get my brother join me for the parade on Monday (j/k) would never hang out around that many people that do not have jobs :)

Back to back is sweet.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Boston 17 Championships
LA 11 Championships

Still got some work to do.... Oh, unless you are claiming the 5 titles won in Minn?

Uh, why wouldn't we?

My folks have been fans since the team was in Minneapolis.

BTW, here's the spin-free version:

Lakers edge Celtics in Game 7, win 16th title (AP)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100618/ap_on_sp_bk_ga_su/bkn_nba_finals

:wave::yayaya:

Jason in LA
06-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Only 1 title back! It was an ugly game, but as a Lakers fan, I loved that 4th period. That was some grit that the Lakers showed to win that game.

This Lakers team beat the Celtics and are in a position to pull within a tie of the Celtics for most titles. It's possible that they could pass them because the bulk of this team is sticking together. As of right now, there is no team that could really challenge them. Only thing that can stop them is some of these big time free agents linking up.

The Lakers are really on the verge of becoming the best franchise in NBA history. That's why this win was so important. Falling back 3 titles again, and not beating this current Celtics team would have been so damaging. It's just a matter of time before the Lakers catch and pass the Celtics. The Celtics might not be able to rebuild. They could go back to being the team that they were for 20 years before they got the big 3. The Lakers will always be contenders.

This is just awesome!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
You can't be this ignorant. I didn't defend, I interpreted. You put up a question mark like you didn't understand what he was saying. I responded with, "What is so hard to understand. He is saying the Lakers have only won 11 titles in the city of Los Angeles. The rest were when the franchise was in Minneapolis." I didn't agree with his statement. I interpreted. You're a poster child for birth control

Holy sh_t, you really are a f_cking moron.

I understood what he said - I was questioning what he said (because it was a really stupid and desperate thing to say.)

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Funny - when fouls were called in favor of the Celtics in this series, I never heard a peep from you, Mr. "Impartial."

Funny how when the opposition would beat the Lakers the only reasoning was the foul shooting. Besides, the only game the Celtics had a real advantage at the line was game 1 and the Lakers killed them. You know, with rebounding, blocks, steals, better D and better O, not just free throws. Things that really win ball games.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Winning these championships NEVER gets old.

Unless you're some also-ran, red-headed stepchild from Ohio. :D

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Holy sh_t, you really are a f_cking moron.

I understood what he said - I was questioning what he said (because it was a really stupid and desperate thing to say.)

I have my doubts, you're a pretty big retard. I mean, if you truly understood, why did you question it at first and then respond serveral posts later. That's why I felt the need to explain it to you. I mean, if you only think FT's determine the outcome of a game, I know at the very least you don't understand the game of basketball and the game isn't that complex at all

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Only 1 title back! It was an ugly game, but as a Lakers fan, I loved that 4th period. That was some grit that the Lakers showed to win that game.

This Lakers team beat the Celtics and are in a position to pull within a tie of the Celtics for most titles. It's possible that they could pass them because the bulk of this team is sticking together. As of right now, there is no team that could really challenge them. Only thing that can stop them is some of these big time free agents linking up.

The Lakers are really on the verge of becoming the best franchise in NBA history. That's why this win was so important. Falling back 3 titles again, and not beating this current Celtics team would have been so damaging. It's just a matter of time before the Lakers catch and pass the Celtics. The Celtics might not be able to rebuild. They could go back to being the team that they were for 20 years before they got the big 3. The Lakers will always be contenders.

This is just awesome!

Congrats fella. Just think if Bynum could stay healthy. He really does have potential, he just seems to always be injured when it matters most.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Funny how when the opposition would beat the Lakers the only reasoning was the foul shooting.

Way to oversimplify like a simpleton.

I pointed out the staggering FTA differential (-91) for the Lakers heading into the finals.

Not surprisingly, you didn't touch that topic, i.e., you offered no explanation or analysis of your own - you simply proceeded to dog Lakers fans for complaining.

In this series, I pointed out that the league gift wrapped game 2 for the Smeltics with the 5 fouls on Kobe (2 of which were clearly BS calls.)

Once again, you had no answer for that statement.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:54 PM
I have my doubts, you're a pretty big retard. That's why I felt the need to explain it to you. I mean, if you only think FT's determine the outcome of a game, I know at the very least you don't understand the game of basketball.

And here come the straw man arguments and the flinging sh_t against the wall in the hope something will stick.

You are a moron, and you have been consistently owned on this thread from day one.

But keep digging your hole deeper, loser - it's good entertainment. :giggle:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I know at the very least you don't understand the game of basketball and the game isn't that complex at all

Hilarious!

Can't overlook the irony of this statement.

I haven't seen anything that would even remotely resemble an actual basketball take from you on this entire thread.

Nothing but constant hate-slinging at the Lakers and their fans while claiming to be impartial.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
And here come the straw man arguments and the flinging sh_t against the wall in the hope something will stick.

You are a moron, and you have been consistently owned on this thread from day one.

But keep digging your hole deeper, loser - it's good entertainment. :giggle:

You haven't owned sh**. You've done nothing but cry like a little girl from day one about the officiating and then when the Lakers have the FT advantage it becomes a non issue for you. Grow up, learn to give the other team credit. BTW, I'm glad you're enjoying it, instead of celebrating your win, your spending it with me, I feel so blessed.

bombay
06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Congratulations to Jason In LA, as well as Bronconia.

Nice win.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Hilarious!

Can't overlook the irony of this statement.

I haven't seen anything that would even remotely resemble an actual basketball take from you on this entire thread.

Nothing but constant hate-slinging at the Lakers and their fans while claiming to be impartial.

Nope, just using one of your favorite lines against you. Hilarious!LOLROFL!

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Congratulations to Jason In LA, as well as Bronconia.

Nice win.

Here here. :thumbsup:

cutthemdown
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
A game can be decided by FT sometimes. Every game can unfold different. Overall both teams had games where the fouls didn't seem to go there way. I thought in this game there were once again bad calls both ways.

Obviously though there was a lot of reaching in going on and contact by both teams on shots. That's why it was so low scoring.

Lakers deserve it. They have been 3 yrs in a row, won 2 of them in a row, they are Champions in the truest sense and form.

All hail the Lakers....The Greatest Show On Earth!!!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 11:09 PM
You haven't owned sh**. You've done nothing but cry like a little girl from day one about the officiating and then when the Lakers have the FT advantage it becomes a non issue for you.

There you go with the straw man again. tsk tsk

I guess that's about all you and your loser team have left at this juncture.

Grow up, learn to give the other team credit.

No need for me to give credit to the C-bags - you've got that job locked up here.

BTW, maybe when you grow up you'll understand sports rivalries.

Something tells me you wouldn't be dogging me for not giving the Raiders credit if the Broncos just won the Super Bowl.

BTW, I'm glad you're enjoying it, instead of celebrating your win, your spending it with me, I feel so blessed.

What's a celebration without a big "in your face" to haters like you?

Speaking of which...

http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p8090814dt.jpg

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Way to oversimplify like a simpleton.

I pointed out the staggering FTA differential (-91) for the Lakers heading into the finals.

You didn't just point to it. You used as the basis of your arguement for a few of the Lakers losses.

Not surprisingly, you didn't touch that topic, i.e., you offered no explanation or analysis of your own - you simply proceeded to dog Lakers fans for complaining.

Pretty simple, teams that make it to the FT line are likely the more aggressive team. I surely know that it wasn't a conspiracy like you want to believe it to be. However, that isn't the only reason why teams win or lose.

In this series, I pointed out that the league gift wrapped game 2 for the Smeltics with the 5 fouls on Kobe (2 of which were clearly BS calls.)

Really, Smeltics, you can do better. I think. As far as Kobe is concerned, sure, some of the fouls were questionable, especially on a star player. Once again, it wasn't the only thing that decided the outcome of the game. Lakers were tied with like 6 minutes left when Kobe returned to the game. Celtics still won the game.

Once again, you had no answer for that statement.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 11:12 PM
There you go with the straw man again. tsk tsk

I guess that's about all you and your loser team have left at this juncture.

No need for me to give credit to the C-bags - you've got that job locked up here.

BTW, maybe when you grow up you'll understand sports rivalries.

Something tells me you wouldn't be dogging me for not giving the Raiders credit if the Broncos just won the Super Bowl.

What's a celebration without a big "in your face" to haters like you?

Speaking of which...

Congrats to the Lakers and their fans. You putting that banner up doesn't bother me. I have Laker friends, I'll have a nice, civil and intellegent conversation with them about the game tomorrow. They have never cried about the FT diffential, they know that basketball games are won and lost with other factors involved. Have a nice night.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2010, 11:13 PM
A game can be decided by FT sometimes. Every game can unfold different. Overall both teams had games where the fouls didn't seem to go there way. I thought in this game there were once again bad calls both ways.

Obviously though there was a lot of reaching in going on and contact by both teams on shots. That's why it was so low scoring.

Lakers deserve it. They have been 3 yrs in a row, won 2 of them in a row, they are Champions in the truest sense and form.

All hail the Lakers....The Greatest Show On Earth!!!

:sunshine: Congrats.

cutthemdown
06-17-2010, 11:15 PM
I think everyone is right. Some of it was bad calls one way, some the other, etc etc, that's why they play 7 games I guess.

I think in the end you get closer in b-ball to making sure best team one then other sports. Seems like in football you never know. Really one bad call in your favor can win the whole thing in a football game. In b-ball it takes more then one bad call really.

cutthemdown
06-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks Ohio. Now I sort of hope Lebron stays with Cleveland. Last thing I want is Lebron and some other great player to team up somewhere with sole intent to beat Lakers LOL!!.

24champ
06-17-2010, 11:18 PM
It's a great night for us Laker fans! We are the Champs and we finally slayed those ugly leprechauns. Supposedly in the postgame interviews the Craptics were crying in the locker room. That's great! I hope they cry all week and that team will be disbanded and forgotten about by this time next year.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 11:22 PM
They have never cried about the FT diffential...(sic)

Entering the finals -91 in FTA for the playoffs is a staggering differential - no matter which team you support. It's a mind-blowing stat that begs for some sort of explanation.

You have offered absolutely ZERO analysis or intelligent take on this subject other than "quit crying."

And you would have us believe you are some sort of impartial observer here?

What a joke! :laugh:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
It's a great night for us Laker fans! We are the Champs and we finally slayed those ugly leprechauns. Supposedly in the postgame interviews the Craptics were crying in the locker room. That's great! I hope they cry all week and that team will be disbanded and forgotten about by this time next year.

Ha!

Let's all chip in and buy Pee Pee a purple wheelchair with gold rims. :D

24champ
06-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Ha!

Let's all chip in and buy Pee Pee a purple wheelchair with gold rims. :D

The wheelchair should also have laker flags on it as well.

TheChamp24
06-17-2010, 11:44 PM
I'll do whatever it takes so we'll have a NBA Finals again without Kobe, Shaq, or Duncan again.
Inject some fresh blood in the Finals for the love of God, please.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 11:48 PM
**** the haters!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/77/fullj.5184fe6d3557de376a645edf3ccf4897/5184fe6d3557de376a645edf3ccf4897-getty-bkn-nba-_final-lakers-celtics.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-17-2010, 11:49 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/86/fullj.9203908daaba710baa7b4bfd57bcbac9/9203908daaba710baa7b4bfd57bcbac9-getty-bkn-nba-_final-lakers-celtics.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a2/fullj.1d482d618084e5bb2b49c3645e121a60/1d482d618084e5bb2b49c3645e121a60-getty-99856385mc133_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/8d/fullj.81bdf25d358ad54d7bda81778abb5379/81bdf25d358ad54d7bda81778abb5379-getty-99856385mw147_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/49/fullj.a80a0fba9c1187d93bc2ffb4feadd64f/a80a0fba9c1187d93bc2ffb4feadd64f-getty-99856385mc130_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3e/fullj.968e3d0d55fa8c4fac9776a65f8cae7f/968e3d0d55fa8c4fac9776a65f8cae7f-getty-99856385mc131_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/97/fullj.c78851dd7deb5d1027900b2f83dd0ca2/c78851dd7deb5d1027900b2f83dd0ca2-getty-99856385mw138_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/da/fullj.da4e317cbb3e0d55ae4444d54ccdbc68/da4e317cbb3e0d55ae4444d54ccdbc68-getty-99856385mw134_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/8d/fullj.caf898d8d66505d21832041dd26d9b1b/caf898d8d66505d21832041dd26d9b1b-getty-99856385mw137_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/52/fullj.2843d7eb481204442c8e13037aabe467/2843d7eb481204442c8e13037aabe467-getty-99856385mw135_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Jason in LA
06-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Kobe was asked what this title meant to him. He said:

"I've got one more than Shaq."

That's right. How does Kobe's ass taste Shaq? lmao

broncocalijohn
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
I'll do whatever it takes so we'll have a NBA Finals again without Kobe, Shaq, or Duncan again.
Inject some fresh blood in the Finals for the love of God, please.

Were you saying that when Jordan was pulling championships in the 90s? You earn the titles, not get them handed based on some popularity contest. If that was the case, Lebron wouldnt be LeChoke and be in it every year. You have guys like Bryant, Fisher, Pierce and Garnett in the finals because they are veterans that know how to win the big game when needed. Duncan hasnt been in the finals for sometime now and if he did make it back, it would be a great story. As for Shaq, he would need to be on one hell of a team to ride the coattails on. Unfortunately for him, that team is the LAKERS and they wont be calling for his services any time soon. Bad post man. You must be all crazy whipped in South Carolina.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-18-2010, 01:31 AM
LOL @ Rasheed Wallace...

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Rasheed-Refs.jpg (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Rasheed-Refs.jpg)

http://thelakersnation.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif

ZONA
06-18-2010, 02:09 AM

What would that have to do with anything? I'm curious. If you've been a Broncos fan for longer then 10 years or so, you would know what it's like to root for a team that comes close to winning it all but doesn't. So you would have been on both sides of the coin also. Just sayin.

Garcia Bronco
06-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Celtics were the better team, but the got punched late and never got back up. Solid repeat by the Lakers

ohiobronco2
06-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks Ohio. Now I sort of hope Lebron stays with Cleveland. Last thing I want is Lebron and some other great player to team up somewhere with sole intent to beat Lakers LOL!!.

That would be crazy. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these guys sign on to play for the same team. LeBron has a difficult decision to make. I just don't see the other star players coming to Cleveland when they have better options. I'm not trying to pick on Cleveland, but it isn't the nicest city in the world. If LeBron wants to win titles, he will most likely have to go somewhere else.

Jason in LA
06-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Celtics were the better team, but the got punched late and never got back up. Solid repeat by the Lakers

The Lakers were the better team going into the series, and like I've said a number of times in this thread, the better team wins series in the NBA. The Celtics played better for three periods in Game 7, mostly because the Lakers were shooting poorly, but the same can be said for Game 4 in Boston, when the Lakers led for three periods before losing it in the 4th. In 2 of the 4 Lakers wins, the games were blowouts. All three of the Celtics wins were relatively close. The right team won this series.

bronco militia
06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/freedom.gif

Maximus
06-18-2010, 10:23 AM

Amazing how sour grapes work. Now the losing team was better? ???
I guess you subscribe to Doc Rivers BS about the Celtics not being able to defend their championship because Perkins was out. That was 2008 Doc... what championship... The Lakers were and are the Champs

TheChamp24
06-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Were you saying that when Jordan was pulling championships in the 90s? You earn the titles, not get them handed based on some popularity contest. If that was the case, Lebron wouldnt be LeChoke and be in it every year. You have guys like Bryant, Fisher, Pierce and Garnett in the finals because they are veterans that know how to win the big game when needed. Duncan hasnt been in the finals for sometime now and if he did make it back, it would be a great story. As for Shaq, he would need to be on one hell of a team to ride the coattails on. Unfortunately for him, that team is the LAKERS and they wont be calling for his services any time soon. Bad post man. You must be all crazy whipped in South Carolina.

Did you know for basically every NBA Finals since the Bulls last championship has featured Kobe, Shaq, or Duncan?
I understand what you are saying, all I'm trying to say is that really, I would actually like to see the NBA turn more into the NFL/MLB than stick with where it is.
In the past 30 years, you know how many different teams have won the NBA Championship?
You know how many different teams have won the World Series in baseball in in the past 30 years?
And the NFL?

Is it hard to understand I would like more parity in the NBA like the NFL and MLB have? Notice how I never mentioned any player or team I want to see in the Finals next year? I would love to see new teams fight for the championship to bring some excitement in the league.

R8R H8R
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Better teams don't do that in the 4th period of the Finals 7th game.

cutthemdown
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
That would be crazy. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these guys sign on to play for the same team. LeBron has a difficult decision to make. I just don't see the other star players coming to Cleveland when they have better options. I'm not trying to pick on Cleveland, but it isn't the nicest city in the world. If LeBron wants to win titles, he will most likely have to go somewhere else.

If I was Lebron for some reason I think teaming with the point guard kid they have in Chicago would be a great fit. Great b-ball town and a team I think Lebron would really make good.

Jason in LA
06-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Did you know for basically every NBA Finals since the Bulls last championship has featured Kobe, Shaq, or Duncan?
I understand what you are saying, all I'm trying to say is that really, I would actually like to see the NBA turn more into the NFL/MLB than stick with where it is.
In the past 30 years, you know how many different teams have won the NBA Championship?
You know how many different teams have won the World Series in baseball in in the past 30 years?
And the NFL?

Is it hard to understand I would like more parity in the NBA like the NFL and MLB have? Notice how I never mentioned any player or team I want to see in the Finals next year? I would love to see new teams fight for the championship to bring some excitement in the league.

These big time match ups get huge ratings. If Cleveland and Denver were in there, which would be two new teams and it would have star power, the raitings wouldn't be anywhere near as big as Lakers/Celtics. Game 7 was the highest rated NBA game since Jordan's final year, and the ratings were 32% higher than the last Game 7, which was the Spurs/Pistons.

People tune into the match ups that they know. Yankees/Redsoxs get the highest baseball ratings. It's not even close. The NFL is just different. People will tune in no matter who is playing, but basketball and baseball needs the historically great teams in there to get high ratings.

elsid13
06-18-2010, 05:12 PM
I rate the LA Laker a step below the MF Yankee on teams that I despise, but they got it done when my boys failed to close it out. The Celtics showed their age and missed to many open shots early, which cost them in the end. Celtics need to look at some major overhauls to get back and beat LA next year.

broncocalijohn
06-18-2010, 05:29 PM
And the NFL?

apples and oranges my whipped friend. There are 5 starters that play offense and defense in basketball with only 12 total players. Football has 11 on each side and baseball 9 players and that sport is one vs 9 at a given time. You have 2 great players on a basketball team and there is a good chance they will dominate for years to come. Football has a bigger turnover due to short careers. At least in basketball you cant call it a fluke.

TheChamp24
06-18-2010, 06:59 PM
apples and oranges my whipped friend. There are 5 starters that play offense and defense in basketball with only 12 total players. Football has 11 on each side and baseball 9 players and that sport is one vs 9 at a given time. You have 2 great players on a basketball team and there is a good chance they will dominate for years to come. Football has a bigger turnover due to short careers. At least in basketball you cant call it a fluke.

The Miami Heat say hello!!!!

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2010, 07:27 PM

plus, the refs help too. so, the nba has that going for it...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-18-2010, 08:16 PM
What would that have to do with anything? I'm curious. If you've been a Broncos fan for longer then 10 years or so, you would know what it's like to root for a team that comes close to winning it all but doesn't. So you would have been on both sides of the coin also. Just sayin.

Actually, if you were a Broncos fan during the Elway era, then you would have some idea what it's like to be a Lakers fan.

You start each season with the expectation that you will make it to the finals (or the SB) - then, total elation when you get there and win/utter despair and dejection when you get there and lose.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Amazing how sour grapes work. Now the losing team was better? ???
I guess you subscribe to Doc Rivers BS about the Celtics not being able to defend their championship because Perkins was out. That was 2008 Doc... what championship... The Lakers were and are the Champs

Ha!

If the C-bag fans want to use Porkins as their excuse, then I guess we can add an asterisk to their '08 title inasmuch as the Lakers were missing their starting center for the entire series.

baja
06-18-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm a 50 year Celts fan

I enjoyed the series

Congrats to the Lakers great game 7 by both teams

Jason in LA
06-18-2010, 09:05 PM

That's just funny.

Jason in LA
06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
The Miami Heat say hello!!!!

Are you saying that the Heat were a fluke? That team was pretty stacked. But their window was really small because of Shaq and Morning's age, and they had a couple other older players on that team.

Maximus
06-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Ha!

If the C-bag fans want to use Porkins as their excuse, then I guess we can add an asterisk to their '08 title inasmuch as the Lakers were missing their starting center for the entire series.

Absolutely correct!

http://www.projo.com/celtics/content/projo-20100618-perkins-out.b394496c.html

A point Doc Rivers made in his post-game comments.

"I told our guys that our starting lineup still hasn't lost" a series, he said. "It was a shame we didn't have that starting lineup tonight. I told them, 'You're still yet to have a true chance to defend your title, because Perk wasn't there.' "

Doc Rivers is classless for complaining about Phil Jackson influencing the refs and his whining about the calls during the series. Even more classeless for the above statment.

cutthemdown
06-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Or the time we lost to the Pistons when Magic pulled his hammy in what game 3?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Well, just like last year, some NBA posts have been real gems here...

Here's one of my top picks:

The Lackers(sic) wont win another game. This series is over imo.

Rivers sees that his bench: Sheed, Davis, Allen, Robinson ....along with Allen or Pierce can hang with the Lackers starters.

Having that crew come off the bench itching to let it all hang out is gonna prove to be the difference along with Bynums health.

The Lackers, other than Kobe, Fisher and Gasol, simply do not have the intensity that the Bosston green does. And they have it deep into their bench.

This team is peaking, and Bosston is no longer the big three, but the big Green now.

Its too late for the Lackers. Who do they have to match the intensity of the Bosston bench?

Luke Walton? Sasha? Odumn?

That Bosston grouping of Sheed, Allen, Allen, Robinson and Davis can come out and play balls to the wall, giving the Lacker starters all they can handle.
Kinda hard playing all out against Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Perkins and Rondo only to have that second group come in and run at you with FRESH legs.

Lackers wont win another game.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2862600&postcount=1911

cutthemdown
06-18-2010, 11:34 PM
That post of warhorses forgot about Artest and how good and tough his defense is.

ZONA
06-19-2010, 12:14 AM
In the end, Boston just didn't have enough offense. I know it's the popular thing to say that defense wins championships but that's such an odd way to look at it. You really do have to have both good offense and defense. Just as a team that doesn't play defense well puts a ton of pressure on their offense to score alot to win, a team that can't score well puts a ton of pressure on their defense to get stops too often, especially against a team that does have great offensive weapons.

It's funny though, the top 4 teams this year, really, it comes down to a handful of plays that decide games/series. A missed foul shot here or a rebound there and it could have been somebody else winning the trophy. Lakers earned it, and I guess you have to say they were the best team this year, but it wasn't by much, at all. But in the end, you only have to be a point better to be the best.

cutthemdown
06-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Lakers though have been there 3 yrs in a row. That right there points to a dynasty in the making. The only thing that can derail them is Phil Jackson leaving and a new coach not being as good.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 01:51 AM
In the end, Boston just didn't have enough offense. I know it's the popular thing to say that defense wins championships but that's such an odd way to look at it.

In the end, the C-bags didn't have enough defense either as they were sucking wind by the 4th quarter in game 7. Their legs were gone, so they had to resort to reaching and hacking.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs097.snc4/36222_1351798273522_1188357032_30855370_1915111_n. jpg

OABB
06-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Well, just like last year, some NBA posts have been real gems here...

Here's one of my top picks:

I wanted to quote this too. Nice job. Once I read it I knew I would see it again. It is awesome in it's failure. I would hate to be a laker hater. What a sad colorless world that would be. Rooting for a dirty team like the celtics would make me equally dirty inside. Pierce tripping gasol still makes my blood boil or rondo pushing Kobe in the back(on the same play as the trip mind you) makes me want to slap every Boston fan in the face for talking crap.

Lakers just put on their hats and go to work.

Back to back bitches. Now go cry somewhere else.

24champ
06-21-2010, 10:07 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h166/Teppang/Sasha.jpg

!Booya!

24champ
06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Live Stream of the Parade coverage from FSN

http://www.foxsportswest.com/pages/live_streaming_lakers/0

Los Broncos
06-21-2010, 10:19 AM
A few co workers took the day off to attend the parade today, lucky bastards.

ohiobronco2
06-21-2010, 12:26 PM

!Booya!

Hilarious! That is a pretty comical pic.

24champ
06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/118903609.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1277150360&Signature=GKzd%2FJbAUtGGXJXke1U3Ri37ByI%3D

http://twitpic.com/1ysim1

Ha!

Bronco Yoda
06-21-2010, 01:17 PM

I like it! :approve:

That was one good series. Boston put up a good fight for the most part. The way KB and crew were shooting I was getting a bit twitchy up to the end.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 03:55 PM
I wanted to quote this too. Nice job. Once I read it I knew I would see it again. It is awesome in it's failure. I would hate to be a laker hater. What a sad colorless world that would be. Rooting for a dirty team like the celtics would make me equally dirty inside. Pierce tripping gasol still makes my blood boil or rondo pushing Kobe in the back(on the same play as the trip mind you) makes me want to slap every Boston fan in the face for talking crap.

Lakers just put on their hats and go to work.

Back to back b****es. Now go cry somewhere else.

:yep: ^5

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/capress/d6/fullj.76c361f0f45d9e91ff3379ee687056bd/capress-bkn_lakers_parade-3718429.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100621/capt.81609690c142427c8d14452225b401b6-81609690c142427c8d14452225b401b6-0.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/47/fullj.f829dd8fde98f7c2a29b178dfe04fd8e/f829dd8fde98f7c2a29b178dfe04fd8e-getty-.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/42/fullj.c31511e42f827011ded33c4888e8ebd2/c31511e42f827011ded33c4888e8ebd2-getty-.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/29/fullj.d98eed63da495f96daea2db350bcfcc5/d98eed63da495f96daea2db350bcfcc5-getty-.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/86/fullj.5b1edaf321a223003e413e7e6c902678/5b1edaf321a223003e413e7e6c902678-getty-.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b0/fullj.f1f20e66a76e3e36f3be1b1921a2ff7b/f1f20e66a76e3e36f3be1b1921a2ff7b-getty-.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 04:05 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/30/fullj.eb8c70b1f67ef5ece4838ac1f8044b83/eb8c70b1f67ef5ece4838ac1f8044b83-getty-101631956nv001_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/eb/fullj.e2a6ccf81782464450db57ef03308bc7/e2a6ccf81782464450db57ef03308bc7-getty-101631956nv003_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b1/fullj.edfd2e8bdcb779a5d4809123ea5671d3/edfd2e8bdcb779a5d4809123ea5671d3-getty-101631956nv006_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/41/fullj.2dedf115e8347f7e4990323e31792305/2dedf115e8347f7e4990323e31792305-getty-101631956nv002_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ac/fullj.8b664abf2a3dbdeba5807623d0d54318/8b664abf2a3dbdeba5807623d0d54318-getty-101631956nv009_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e9/fullj.6fd06cec271b7c61165bc29c9a44fec7/6fd06cec271b7c61165bc29c9a44fec7-getty-101631956nv005_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a1/fullj.17c97157bbddff38e8ac1b6a1cf4e105/17c97157bbddff38e8ac1b6a1cf4e105-getty-101631956nv007_los_angeles_.jpg

(http://img269.imageshack.us/i/b9da77305f3cf2adb4123d1.jpg/)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/16/fullj.69eecbfcef7398b245bfc4b74f50574b/69eecbfcef7398b245bfc4b74f50574b-getty-101631956nv014_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3d/fullj.910753213386ede243fa48a2fa63778d/910753213386ede243fa48a2fa63778d-getty-101631956nv010_los_angeles_.jpg
http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/man10.gif

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/5d/fullj.86d09ea03332c88a7cca17410c7ec2fe/86d09ea03332c88a7cca17410c7ec2fe-getty-101631956nv017_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/37/fullj.756db096e5851bd0bea89a955410ba32/756db096e5851bd0bea89a955410ba32-getty-101631956nv011_los_angeles_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/cc/fullj.d9a0421d2288ab892a84968035523fbb/d9a0421d2288ab892a84968035523fbb-getty-101631956nv008_los_angeles_.jpg

OABB
06-21-2010, 04:19 PM

24champ
06-21-2010, 04:52 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3d/fullj.910753213386ede243fa48a2fa63778d/910753213386ede243fa48a2fa63778d-getty-101631956nv010_los_angeles_.jpg
http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/man10.gif

:rofl:
Artest said he had some drinks -- including Hennessy -- before the parade to enjoy it. Ron said: "Phil, u rest. I enjoyed it for u!"

http://twitter.com/KevinDing

Boobs McGee
06-21-2010, 04:52 PM
hahahahaaaaaaa i lold on that one. I was all, Damn, all of the lakers look so happy, i'm just scrollin scrollin scrollin then BAM

:rofl:

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Ron Artest being completely nuts is the only thing that makes the Lakers likable.

I mean I wanted the Celts to win, badly. But Ron Ron shouting out his psychiatrist and pimping his new single was epic. I mean, worth the price of admission right there.

I also heard him say something along the lines of "Screw Disneyland, I'm going to Compton!"

I mean, you can't make this stuff up. He's amazingly crazy.

worm
06-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Thats not a victory parade.

24champ
06-21-2010, 05:16 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNrsnED3H3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNrsnED3H3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

24champ
06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Thats not a victory parade.

LA is broke, and Lakers were only going to fork up a couple million for this celebration. So it was a low key event.

ZONA
06-21-2010, 05:40 PM

!Booya!

Actually, the funny part is, in 15 years or so, some kid might recognize Pierce. Nobody will ever remember Sasha what's his face. Just another srub taking a ride on Bryant's back.

Looking back (and this is not directly to you 24) but I haven't really seen any Laker fans giving any props to Boston for a great series. But I guess that's how fans roll today. All about we're the schit and everybody else sucks and nobody's willing to give it up for the other team. Sportsmanship is on the way out, and has been for awhile.

ZONA
06-21-2010, 05:42 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNrsnED3H3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNrsnED3H3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Exactly what I'm talking about. It's one thing to talk junk during the heat of a game, but for pros to go up in front of people and shout the other team sucks just shows what a punk that guy is. He's got no class at all. He's representing LA very well.

OABB
06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
I give props to Boston. But I hate them like I hate the chargers so let me least enjoy the smack! Boston sucks. Boston sucks.

cutthemdown
06-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Amen to that. Hopefully Lebron decides to announce he will remain a Cav in the near future. :)

I hope so. Anything but going to a city that isn't cursed.

cutthemdown
06-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Actually, the funny part is, in 15 years or so, some kid might recognize Pierce. Nobody will ever remember Sasha what's his face. Just another srub taking a ride on Bryant's back.

Looking back (and this is not directly to you 24) but I haven't really seen any Laker fans giving any props to Boston for a great series. But I guess that's how fans roll today. All about we're the schit and everybody else sucks and nobody's willing to give it up for the other team. Sportsmanship is on the way out, and has been for awhile.

People in his own country may remember him more then USA remembers Pierce.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 09:10 PM

Cry me a f_cking river.

Something tells me we won't hear you complaining because Broncos fans don't give props to the Raiders.

The really funny part is that Sasha now has one more ring than your boy Wheelchair. Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM

ROFL!

Love it!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Exactly what I'm talking about. It's one thing to talk junk during the heat of a game, but for pros to go up in front of people and shout the other team sucks just shows what a punk that guy is. He's got no class at all. He's representing LA very well.

Spoken like a PHX sore loser.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/3332858792_9c8d61313b_o.jpg

baja
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey be nice!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey be nice!

Lakers and Celtics?

Nice?

That's a joke, right? :rofl:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
http://estaticos03.marca.com/albumes/2010/06/18/fiesta_lakers/1276844340_extras_albumes_0.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 09:33 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs605.snc3/31858_1481689607416_1389111421_1258034_506046_n.jp g

Jason in LA
06-21-2010, 10:45 PM

Man, **** Boston and **** their ****ty ass Celtics. Really think about it. When the Broncos beat the Raiders, would you give the Raiders credit? Nope. When you hate the rival you don't give them credit for anything.

Jason in LA
06-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Who knew that Ron Artest could be so awesome? lmao

24champ
06-21-2010, 10:57 PM

It's so hilarious that my fellow Laker fans and I are getting lectured by this tool on giving out "props" and "sportsmanship". When a few pages ago said we are less Bronco fans because we root for the Lakers. Ha!

24champ
06-21-2010, 11:04 PM

I don't apologize for not giving the Craptics any credit. **** the Craptics and **** their fans. I hope they fade back into mediocrity for 20-30 years.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't apologize for not giving the Craptics any credit. **** the Craptics and **** their fans. I hope they fade back into mediocrity for 20-30 years.

Co-sign.

I don't remember hearing any criticism from ZONA two years ago when C-bag fans armed with rocks just about took out the Lakers' team bus (among other classy moves by both fans and team I could document.)

ZONA
06-22-2010, 02:05 AM
It's so hilarious that my fellow Laker fans and I are getting lectured by this tool on giving out "props" and "sportsmanship". When a few pages ago said we are less Bronco fans because we root for the Lakers. Ha!

You must be as ignorant as I first thought you were. I said right in my reply to you that I wasn't speaking about you directly. And then you drop the tool bomb on me. You are just such a major dbag isn't not even funny. For real, you sir are a MAJOR A-HOLE.

ZONA
06-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Spoken like a PHX sore loser.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/3332858792_9c8d61313b_o.jpg

Uh, whatever. I didn't care who won between Boston and LA. So what the hell would I be sore about? But I think most non-blinded LA fans can see that the comments made by Artest were pathetic. You would never see Jordan spewing off like that, or Magic. They've got way too much class and integrity. It's funny because Artest has sucked big time in much of the playoff games. It's funny that he's the one up there talking all the smack. Just about every team that faced the Lakers were leaving him as the wide open guy. Sure he hit some shots but mostly, he was not that good.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 05:45 AM
Uh, whatever. I didn't care who won between Boston and LA. So what the hell would I be sore about? But I think most non-blinded LA fans can see that the comments made by Artest were pathetic. You would never see Jordan spewing off like that, or Magic. They've got way too much class and integrity.

After you win the big one, you can pretty much say whatever the hell you want. But I guess they wouldn't know anything about winning in Phoenix. Ha!

Anyway, chanting "Boston sucks" at the parade is harmless.

It's funny because Artest has sucked big time in much of the playoff games. It's funny that he's the one up there talking all the smack. Just about every team that faced the Lakers were leaving him as the wide open guy. Sure he hit some shots but mostly, he was not that good.

:stupid:

You must not pay much attention to defense when you watch(?) games.

Ron is the best defender in the Western Conference. He pretty much took the Smeltics' first option, i.e., Pierce, out of the finals and made Wheelchair Boy a non-factor.

As for Ron's offense, your comments are hilarious in light of the fact that Artest was clutch in situations where it mattered most throughout the post season - finals game 7 and game 5 vs. your Suns stand out. :welcome:

oubronco
06-22-2010, 07:49 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26744&d=1277162388

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbs:

baja
06-22-2010, 08:03 AM
After you win the big one, you can pretty much say whatever the hell you want. But I guess they wouldn't know anything about winning in Phoenix. Ha!

Ron is the best defender in the Western Conference. He pretty much took the Smeltics' first option, i.e., Pierce, out of the finals and made Wheelchair Boy a non-factor.

As for Ron's offense, your comments are hilarious in light of the fact that Artest was clutch in situations where it mattered most throughout the post season - finals game 7 and game 5 vs. your Suns stand out. :welcome:

So you managed to beat Boston in the last minutes of game seven in a seven game series with their best player sitting on the bench. I wouldn't be talkin too much trash if I were you. You could just as easily lost.

Jason in LA
06-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Uh, whatever. I didn't care who won between Boston and LA. So what the hell would I be sore about? But I think most non-blinded LA fans can see that the comments made by Artest were pathetic. You would never see Jordan spewing off like that, or Magic. They've got way too much class and integrity. It's funny because Artest has sucked big time in much of the playoff games. It's funny that he's the one up there talking all the smack. Just about every team that faced the Lakers were leaving him as the wide open guy. Sure he hit some shots but mostly, he was not that good.

You do know that he's Ron Artest... right? I could see your point if Kobe or Fisher did that. But Artest is just off. Just watch his post game interviews.

As for Artest not being good for most of the playoffs, that's just not true at all. He was very good. He was a key player in this title run. Remember, Artest is not there as an offensive threat. Anything that he gives the team on the offensive end is just a bonus. In the first series Kevin Durant was way off his game because of Artest's defense. Slowing down the Thurnder's key scorer was really big.

In the '08 Finals Paul Peirce killed the Lakers. He was the MVP. In the Finals this year, with Artest guarding him, he only had one really good game, which was Game 5. Other than that he did a whole lot of nothing. If Peirce was lighting it up the Lakers would have been in major trouble. Artest was brought in to battle the small forwards that were giving the Lakers problems.

Artest came up big on defense, and he had a lot of timely steals late in close games. He did exactly what he was brought in for, but in basketball people usually concentrate on the offensive end, so they see the games where he was missing his shots.

24champ
06-22-2010, 11:48 AM
You must be as ignorant as I first thought you were. I said right in my reply to you that I wasn't speaking about you directly.

No, you were speaking of Laker fans, and I am one of them. You have continually disparaged Laker fans and it's franchise in this thread. Yet now you feel the need to tell us how to act? Please. ::)

And then you drop the tool bomb on me. You are just such a major dbag isn't not even funny. For real, you sir are a MAJOR A-HOLE.

I don't even know where to begin on that one...:rofl:

ZONA
06-22-2010, 11:48 AM

The only team I support down here in Phoenix is the Suns, and they've been one of the best NBA teams for a long time. Yup, they've been close a few times and have had some very unlucky things happen to them to keep them from winning the finals. So the Lakers are a great team, that's the only thing LA's got. There are all kinds of ways to enjoy winning and your way seem to be making sure everybody knows how cool you are becuase you live in a city that has a team that wins. Well ladidadida. Good for you.

cutthemdown
06-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Let the hate consume you Zona. Let it flow through you like a river a darkness consuming your soul into a blob of Laker hate.

We love LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know when a song about Phoenix get's written..........That anyone has heard of!!!!!

cutthemdown
06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Everybody....very happy......cuz the Lakers winning all the time......Looks like another ring for us!!!!

Rabb
06-22-2010, 12:11 PM
this thread is so full of douche it's not even funny

I don't care about any teams mentioned and I can't believe how some of you are acting

ZONA
06-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Let the hate consume you Zona. Let it flow through you like a river a darkness consuming your soul into a blob of Laker hate.

Let me know when a song about Phoenix get's written..........That anyone has heard of!!!!!

More people around the world know about the Grand Caynon then they do of anything in Cali. Just sayin.

HAT
06-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Looking back (and this is not directly to you 24) but I haven't really seen any Laker fans giving any props to Boston for a great series.

This is a joke right? Going 7 games doesn't automatically make it a "great" series.

You can barely even call it 'good' when the winning team's average MOV was in the double digits (11.5 to be exact). It was only interesting because of the history between the 2 teams (past & recent).

If Portland & Orlando would've played the exact 28 quarters of basketball to the same result:

A) Hardly anybody would've cared
B) The one's that did would say it was a ****ty series.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
So you managed to beat Boston in the last minutes of game seven in a seven game series with their best player sitting on the bench.

???

Let me get this straight: Kendrick Perkins is Boston's best player? :laugh:

In any case, you can't use that excuse insofar as the Lakers were missing their starting center for most of the entire series.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 04:51 PM

:laugh:

The funniest part is his repeated claim that he's not on either team's side (and then he goes on to blast the Lakers and stick up for the C-bags when mean ol' Ron picks on them.)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't care about any teams mentioned...

Then WTF are you doing on this thread? ???

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 04:53 PM
More people around the world know about the Grand Caynon then they do of anything in Cali. Just sayin.

So now you speak for the entire world, eh?

Delusions of grandeur much? :giggle:

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2010, 05:01 PM
So now you speak for the entire world, eh?

Delusions of grandeur much? :giggle:

It's true. ZONA is actually the one behind the census. I took that survey.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
^ Hilarious!

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Don't laugh at that joke. We're mortal enemies. I think.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
^ Oh, right - I forgot.

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Are you a Dodger fan as well? Can we bicker about that?

It's going to be a loooooong time until November, when the World vs. Laker fan argument flares up.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Are you a Dodger fan as well? Can we bicker about that?

It's going to be a loooooong time until November, when the World vs. Laker fan argument flares up.

Baseball isn't a sport.

Hockey is only slightly more legit as a sport than the WWE and Roller Derby.

You have until October - enjoy the break. :D

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Well we agree on hockey.

And damnit, what break? I need to prove that Kobe gets every call as an NBA conspiracy for a big market team, that Pau Gasol is a soft euro, etc.

I've got a lot of work to do!

Rabb
06-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Then WTF are you doing on this thread? ???

bored at work, but you're right...I will stay out of it your highness

ohiobronco2
06-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Who knew that Ron Artest could be so awesome? lmao

Ron seems to be one of those guys that you either like him or hate him. I've always been a fan and really wish he would have signed with Cleveland, but I surely understand his reasons behind signing with the Lakers. While I don't condone what he did at the Palace all those years ago, I can understand why he did it. I've always thought he has been misunderstood and just likes to have a good time.

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm legitimately watching "Lopez Tonight" just for Ron Ron. His opening sketch was funny, and I'm sure his interview will be gold.

ZONA
06-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Ron seems to be one of those guys that you either like him or hate him. I've always been a fan and really wish he would have signed with Cleveland, but I surely understand his reasons behind signing with the Lakers. While I don't condone what he did at the Palace all those years ago, I can understand why he did it. I've always thought he has been misunderstood and just likes to have a good time.

OMG - just busted my gut looking at your new avatar. That's great.

Jason in LA
06-23-2010, 12:23 AM
So the Lakers are a great team, that's the only thing LA's got.

I hope you don't really believe either of these comments.

24champ
06-23-2010, 01:11 AM

Unfortunately...he does. :giggle:

ZONA
06-23-2010, 01:17 AM

Fraid so. Some 6-7 million people visit The Grand Canyon every year and it's always mentioned as one of the 7 wonders of the world, along with the Great Wall Of China, The Pyramids, etc. I don't ever recall learning in school that anything in CA is a wonder of the world. I think the most famous thing in CA is the Golden Gate Bridge. Every state has their own amazing parks and I've been to several of them in CA (Yosemite is my favorite) and they're great parks and amazing but they're simply not as, well, grand as The Grand Canyon. What park in CA draws more visitors then The Grand Cayon? None.

ZONA
06-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Unfortunately...he does. :giggle:

Go to bed, it's too late for you to be on here. Only the big boys get to stay up late. :strong:

Jason in LA
06-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Fraid so. Some 6-7 million people visit The Grand Canyon every year and it's always mentioned as one of the 7 wonders of the world, along with the Great Wall Of China, The Pyramids, etc. I don't ever recall learning in school that anything in CA is a wonder of the world. I think the most famous thing in CA is the Golden Gate Bridge. Every state has their own amazing parks and I've been to several of them in CA (Yosemite is my favorite) and they're great parks and amazing but they're simply not as, well, grand as The Grand Canyon. What park in CA draws more visitors then The Grand Cayon? None.

Is your comment solely about national parks? Fine, you win. But I read the comment as the Grand Canyon being more well known than anything in California. Like, more people know the Grand Canyon than the entire city of Los Angeles, or Hollywood. I bet you that the Hollywood walk of fame gets as more tourist than the Grand Canyon. I'd say that the Lakers are more well known around the world than the Grand Canyon. Growing up in the US we all learn about the Grand Canyon in school, but I'd say that it wouldn't be such a big deal in other countries. I'd bet that a lot of folks in this world have never even heard of it. Before you brought it up, I couldn't think of what would be on the seven wonders of the world. So I looked it up. I haven't heard of a number of those places on that list, and there are different lists. The Grand Canyon appears to be on the list put out by the US. Really looking at it, there really isn't a seven wonders of the world because there are so many different lists and they are all different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonders_of_the_World

As for the comment about the Lakers being all that LA has, what's that based on? Titles this year? Over the last 10 years USC has won titles in football, The Angels and Ducks won a title each, even though nobody really follows the WNBA, the Sparks have won multiple titles. UCLA basketball went to 3 straight Final 4s. The Dodgers have gone to the last two NLCSs.

I'd say that LA has a lot more than just the Lakers.

ohiobronco2
06-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Is your comment solely about national parks? Fine, you win. But I read the comment as the Grand Canyon being more well known than anything in California. Like, more people know the Grand Canyon than the entire city of Los Angeles, or Hollywood. I bet you that the Hollywood walk of fame gets as more tourist than the Grand Canyon. I'd say that the Lakers are more well known around the world than the Grand Canyon. Growing up in the US we all learn about the Grand Canyon in school, but I'd say that it wouldn't be such a big deal in other countries. I'd bet that a lot of folks in this world have never even heard of it. Before you brought it up, I couldn't think of what would be on the seven wonders of the world. So I looked it up. I haven't heard of a number of those places on that list, and there are different lists. The Grand Canyon appears to be on the list put out by the US. Really looking at it, there really isn't a seven wonders of the world because there are so many different lists and they are all different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonders_of_the_World

As for the comment about the Lakers being all that LA has, what's that based on? Titles this year? Over the last 10 years USC has won titles in football, The Angels and Ducks won a title each, even though nobody really follows the WNBA, the Sparks have won multiple titles. UCLA basketball went to 3 straight Final 4s. The Dodgers have gone to the last two NLCSs.

I'd say that LA has a lot more than just the Lakers.

U$C. ;D Not trying to give you a hard time. Just pointing out the obvious.

Jason in LA
06-23-2010, 07:48 AM
U$C. ;D Not trying to give you a hard time. Just pointing out the obvious.

I'm a UCLA grad, so I have no problem with it. ;D

azbroncfan
06-23-2010, 07:57 AM

To be quite honest the Grand Canyon is overrated when you start comparing it to other national parks. As much as I dislike California I'll bet hollywood is more well known around the world just because of the movie industry but I really don't care one way or another. This is like a my dad can beat up your dad conversation.

bfoflcommish
06-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Lebron (The Chosken One) James not returning to Cavs

@jalenrose #NBA BREAKING NEWS (research/sources say) It is almost CERTAIN that LEBRON JAMES WILL NOT be returning to the CAVS! (Bulls/Heat/Clips)

ZONA
06-23-2010, 10:52 PM
I guess I won't try to compare National Parks, but I think it's a far stretch to think that people all over the world know the Lakers more then they do the Grand Canyon. That's getting a bit ridiculous. I mean, I don't know any soccer teams in the UK, but I know of Big Ben. I don't know the names of any rugby teams in Australia, but I know of the Great Barrier Reef. I don't know of any names of anything sports related in Japan, but I know of Fuji. To say the Los Angeles Lakers are more well known then the Grand Canyon sounds like somebody is full of himself and his favorite team.

broncocalijohn
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM

Disneyland Park with 13 million visitors each year. Ask kids 12 years of age and under if they know Grand Canyon and then ask about Disneyland.

http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/Disneyland-California.html

cutthemdown
06-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Looks like Jackson is going to retire.

A- Byron Scott I don't see any other choice.

24champ
06-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Phil Jackson said he might not be coming back, leaning towards retiring. I hope he knows what is best for him, since I know he is concerned about his health. Hopefully Phil is well enough to come back and coach for a three-peat.

If not it will be a sad day for Laker fans. Yet you have to assume that the potential replacements are...

Brian Shaw
Byron Scott
Kurt Rambis (Make no mistake, he will bolt for the Lakers job if offered.)
Coach K from Duke

If I was Mitch, I'd hire Byron Scott as the replacement.

cutthemdown
06-24-2010, 02:34 AM
I heard from someone who is Mr Laker. This guy bleeds purple and gold and knows a lot of players. He claims Scott is the guy if Jackson goes and Shaw stays on as asst.

Shaw IMO still needs a couple more yrs before he's ready but this team is on cruise control sort of. Jackson still so huge.

Will be tough for the Laker Show without him IMO.

Scott makes the most sense.

A- Great relationship with Kobe
B- Great relationship with Magic
C- Great former laker

Maximus
06-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Phil Jackson said he might not be coming back, leaning towards retiring. I hope he knows what is best for him, since I know he is concerned about his health. Hopefully Phil is well enough to come back and coach for a three-peat.

If not it will be a sad day for Laker fans. Yet you have to assume that the potential replacements are...

Brian Shaw
Byron Scott
Coach K from Duke

I think it will be Frank Hamblin interm until Phil recovers. I think if he has the health issues Buss will work out a return plan for him

ohiobronco2
06-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Looks like Jackson is going to retire.

A- Byron Scott I don't see any other choice.

He makes a lot of sense. I think he had an out in his contract at one point in time that stated if the Lakers job became available he could apply. I don't know of many better options.

Jason in LA
06-24-2010, 08:16 AM
I guess I won't try to compare National Parks, but I think it's a far stretch to think that people all over the world know the Lakers more then they do the Grand Canyon. That's getting a bit ridiculous. I mean, I don't know any soccer teams in the UK, but I know of Big Ben. I don't know the names of any rugby teams in Australia, but I know of the Great Barrier Reef. I don't know of any names of anything sports related in Japan, but I know of Fuji. To say the Los Angeles Lakers are more well known then the Grand Canyon sounds like somebody is full of himself and his favorite team.

So, you've never heard of Manchester United?

The NBA has become global. There are fans all over the world. I'd say that Kobe Bryant is more popular than the Grand Canyon. lol. I don't think there is any buzz about that canyon, but there is a lot of buzz about the stars in this country, and when people see Kobe around the world, they see "Lakers" across his chest.

You have to take in account that kids around the world are not being taught about the Grand Canyon. That's a big thing in the US, but you think some kid in Eastern Europe is really learning about it? I'm sure they have heard of it, but seeing how big basketball has become over there, they'll hear more about the NBA than the Grand Canyon.

Jason in LA
06-24-2010, 08:19 AM
I think Jackson should come back for his own legacy. Lets say he doesn't come back, and somebody else wins the title with this Lakers team, people will say that Jackson only won because he had great players and they could use the fact that another coach came in and won with the same team that Jackson did. So Jackson should ride it out with this team. That wouldn't be so bad. I mean, two or three more titles. I could think of worse things in life... like going to the Grand Canyon. ;D

Beantown Bronco
06-24-2010, 08:53 AM
or Myrtle Beach.

worm
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Loved Scott as a player. #4 was money.

I am just underwhelmed with him as a coach.

I would like to see Shaw become the next Laker coach....after 1 or 2 more years with Phil.

Maybe a part-time arrangement could be made. Shaw until Jan, have Phil stay engaged in a limited capacity, then come Jan or so - Phil can ramp up to full-time.

The Lakers need to get creative.

I could also see Phil going away for a year...then coming back to coach a LeBron led team. His own coaching threepeat. MJ, Kobe, LeBron.

Jason in LA
06-24-2010, 10:39 AM
or Myrtle Beach.

Yeah, stay away from Myrtle Beach. Where men go to become pussified.

24champ
06-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Loved Scott as a player. #4 was money.

I am just underwhelmed with him as a coach.

I would like to see Shaw become the next Laker coach....after 1 or 2 more years with Phil.

Maybe a part-time arrangement could be made. Shaw until Jan, have Phil stay engaged in a limited capacity, then come Jan or so - Phil can ramp up to full-time.

The Lakers need to get creative.

I could also see Phil going away for a year...then coming back to coach a LeBron led team. His own coaching threepeat. MJ, Kobe, LeBron.

If Phil calls it a career and retires, I can't see him coming back. He's not going to coach another team. His health issues are serious, this is a guy that has had TWO hip replacement surgeries and more seriously...he's had angioplasty surgery in which one of his arteries had 90 percent blockage. This is serious, and something Phil's been considering for years. It's just a matter of when to walk away and keep your health intact.

RhymesayersDU
06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
NBA DRAFT!

Lots of activity in the association today.

Word is the Nuggets are trying to move into the 2nd round (they have no picks tonight) to pick 6'9" 265 PF Derrick Caracter out of UTEP. Depending on the price I'd probably be fine with that, we need size badly. He's been compared to Glen Davis. I'd love that coming off the bench.

Big rumor going is Danny Granger & #10 for Devin Harris & #3. That'd be huge.

iDENVER
06-24-2010, 04:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5324240

also kirk hinrich to the wizards possibly

RhymesayersDU
06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Saw that. It will be huge for Chicago. Can now sign 2 max players.

ZONA
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Disneyland Park with 13 million visitors each year. Ask kids 12 years of age and under if they know Grand Canyon and then ask about Disneyland.

http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/Disneyland-California.html

Yes, but I bet more then half of that is from kids who live in CA. My brother in law lives there and takes his kids there at least twice a year when he's with them and they also go with their friends' parents 3 or 4 times a year also. Those numbers are inflated with CA visitors big time.

ZONA
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I know the draft was today but honestly, the NBA draft is so lame compared tot he NFL draft. I can't even watch the NBA draft anymore.

tsiguy96
06-24-2010, 09:14 PM
so hte nuggets got.....no one!

R8R H8R
06-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, but I bet more then half of that is from kids who live in CA. My brother in law lives there and takes his kids there at least twice a year when he's with them and they also go with their friends' parents 3 or 4 times a year also. Those numbers are inflated with CA visitors big time.

Ask 1000 people in China (or anywhere for that matter) what state Disneyland is in and what state the Grand Canyon is in and let's see the results. You wanna bet Disneyland wins?

TheChamp24
06-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I know the draft was today but honestly, the NBA draft is so lame compared tot he NFL draft. I can't even watch the NBA draft anymore.

Honestly, to compare it, its like the first 5 picks is the 1st round of the NFL, picks 6-15 are round 2, picks 16-25 are round 3, end of 1st round is round 4, early round 2 is 5th round, rest is 6th/7th rounders.

I'm amazed that the 2 Sooners Willie Warren and Taylor Mason-Griffin both left. Warren was a late 2nd rounder, Mason-Griffin undrafted. Needed to stay and get better, especially Mason-Griffin.

enjolras
06-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I think Jackson should come back for his own legacy. Lets say he doesn't come back, and somebody else wins the title with this Lakers team, people will say that Jackson only won because he had great players and they could use the fact that another coach came in and won with the same team that Jackson did. So Jackson should ride it out with this team. That wouldn't be so bad. I mean, two or three more titles. I could think of worse things in life... like going to the Grand Canyon. ;D

I think 11 championships speak for themselves. Only an idiot would even begin to question Jackson's legacy at this point. He has 11 championships as a coach (13 if you count his championships as a player). He has nothing left to prove. Sure he had Jordan, Kobe and Shaq... but hell, the man managed to turn Dennis Rodman into a productive basketball player.

Greatest coach in the history of the game for my money.

broncocalijohn
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM

Brian Shaw
Byron Scott
Coach K from Duke

Rambis would go to the lakers if given the chance. His style memics Jackson's style and Lakers already know that. Match made in heaven.

broncocalijohn
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM

He doesnt need to prove himself. If you remember, he already came back from retirement and took the Lakers back to the Championship Title series three years in a row. He was the difference. Red, Schmed... Phil is the best.

Jason in LA
06-25-2010, 07:56 AM
He doesnt need to prove himself. If you remember, he already came back from retirement and took the Lakers back to the Championship Title series three years in a row. He was the difference. Red, Schmed... Phil is the best.

I think 11 championships speak for themselves. Only an idiot would even begin to question Jackson's legacy at this point. He has 11 championships as a coach (13 if you count his championships as a player). He has nothing left to prove. Sure he had Jordan, Kobe and Shaq... but hell, the man managed to turn Dennis Rodman into a productive basketball player.

Greatest coach in the history of the game for my money.

I don't personally believe that he needs to prove himself anymore. But a lot of people already say that it's the players and not him. Well if another coach comes in and wins with the same players, it adds fuel to those people's argument. People say that a number of coaches could win with the players that he has. If Rambis, who hasn't won anything as a coach, or Shaw, who has never been a head coach, wins a title with this team next year, people who believe that it's the players and not the coach would have a legit argument. So Phil should come back! More titles please.

As for Rodman, he was always a productive player. Jackson and Jordan where able to keep him in line for the most part.

24champ
06-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't personally believe that he needs to prove himself anymore. But a lot of people already say that it's the players and not him. Well if another coach comes in and wins with the same players, it adds fuel to those people's argument. People say that a number of coaches could win with the players that he has. If Rambis, who hasn't won anything as a coach, or Shaw, who has never been a head coach, wins a title with this team next year, people who believe that it's the players and not the coach would have a legit argument. So Phil should come back! More titles please.

I can see your point if Byron Scott was named the coach, but not with Shaw or Rambis. Who did Shaw (Who by the way is interviewing for the Cavs job next week) and Rambis learn under? That's right, Phil Jackson. It would viewed like the Bill Walsh coaching tree. Not at all a hit on Phil's legacy.

Either way Phil legacy has long been cemented in this game. 11 Titles as a coach is a pretty amazing feat in this day and age.

worm
06-29-2010, 11:39 AM
This would be a Laker loss. I think Brian is a much better coaching candidate than Byron. I was really hoping for him if Phil wasn't coming back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5340096

CLEVELAND -- A person familiar with Cleveland's coaching search says the Cleveland Cavaliers are moving toward an agreement with Los Angeles Lakers assistant Brian Shaw.

The team has not yet offered Shaw the job, but the Cavaliers are "excited" with what they've learned during a two-day meeting with the 43-year-old, says the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team is not publicly discussing its search.

Shaw, who has been on Phil Jackson's staff in Los Angeles for five seasons, arrived in Cleveland on Monday to meet with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert. The team would like to have their coach in place by Thursday, when free agency opens and Cleveland attempts to re-sign two-time league MVP LeBron James.

24champ
06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
This would be a Laker loss. I think Brian is a much better coaching candidate than Byron. I was really hoping for him if Phil wasn't coming back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5340096

CLEVELAND -- A person familiar with Cleveland's coaching search says the Cleveland Cavaliers are moving toward an agreement with Los Angeles Lakers assistant Brian Shaw.

The team has not yet offered Shaw the job, but the Cavaliers are "excited" with what they've learned during a two-day meeting with the 43-year-old, says the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team is not publicly discussing its search.

Shaw, who has been on Phil Jackson's staff in Los Angeles for five seasons, arrived in Cleveland on Monday to meet with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert. The team would like to have their coach in place by Thursday, when free agency opens and Cleveland attempts to re-sign two-time league MVP LeBron James.

I don't believe Shaw is ready for a HC position just yet...he's only got 5 years of experience. Which is why I prefer Byron and/or Rambis over him.

*WARHORSE*
06-29-2010, 11:53 AM
If Lebron really wants to take it to another level, then theres only one thing to do.

Go sign with the Celtics, and during the presser when the Celtics announce him as theirs, talk trash about Kobe and the Lakers. Real trash.

This would blow up the NBA to mega status like Bird and Magic did.

The top rivalry in sports, with the two best players pitted against one another.....in which they are talking smack.

No different than two boxers talking spank against one another before a fight. Two GOOD boxers that is.

The Bird/Magic rivalry galvanized the NBA for a decade and beyond. While Kobe/Lebron as Lakers/Celtics rivals would not have the race factor mixed in, it would still generate the interest to mega levels imo.

Kobe: Lebron couldnt hold my jockstrap.

Lebron: What jockstrap? I heard he wears panties.

The Celtics and Lakers of the eighties literally fought on the floor numerous times.

Nothing available would make the NBA nor Lebron bigger, should he show himself able to win a title agains the Lakers and Kobe.