PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

cutthemdown
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey Shaq what are you doing tonight? Is this 3 yrs in a row you had to watch Kobe in the finals? Ha Ha Kobe doesn't need you and even with Lebron James on your team you can't do it without kobe.

Maximus
06-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Shaq what are you doing tonight? Is this 3 yrs in a row you had to watch Kobe in the finals? Ha Ha Kobe doesn't need you and even with Lebron James on your team you can't do it without kobe.

Oops where are all the Lebunkie fans Ha!

worm
06-06-2010, 06:39 PM

Lighting candles he will return as a Cav.

Prayers are rarely answered.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 07:13 PM

Here and I'm starting to think he will return to Cleveland. I don't think he was a fan of either Brown or Ferry. Cavs can pay him the most and will do whatever they can to make him happy. Question is will the Cavs be able to land another big player (Bosh, Stoudamire) to put around LeBron. Financially, I don't see how that can happen.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 07:15 PM

Nope, poor Kobe has to settle for a team with 3 other all stars. Poor, poor Kobe.

TDmvp
06-06-2010, 07:17 PM

Cut I'm not even a big Shaq guy but your statement is just wrong on so many lvls...

HAT
06-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Kobe is just sick with that end of the 1H.

Celtics are so done. Sucks that their 50 win joke of a team is ruining the finals. LAL-ORL would've been so much better.

worm
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Celtics are so done. Sucks that their 50 win joke of a team is ruining the finals. LAL-ORL would've been so much better.

86.34% chance the Celts lose this game.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh My God. Who else is disgusted about the FT disparity? 37-14. Ridiculous. LABF, are you as outraged as I am? :D

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 08:24 PM
I have seen Kobe getting raped multiple times when he's gone to the rim and no foul calls, but I've also seen a bunch of ticky tack fouls on the bigs. What gives?

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Gasol and Bynum have been amazing tonight. 13 blocks thus far. Impressive.

Maximus
06-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I've never seen such a screw job in my life

SoCalBronco
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I've never seen such a screw job in my life

Bret Hart says hi.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Did I just hear what I thought I heard?

BroncoSojia
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Did I just hear what I thought I heard?

:rofl: I heard that

Maximus
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
It's a playoff game and the refs determined the outcome WTF Let them play

Natedogg
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
"My ****a"

lololol

Maximus
06-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Instant replay clearly showed Garnett knocking the ball out of bounds
Artest clearly knocked the ball out... Phantom calls on Kobe Bryant... Disgusting

BroncoSojia
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/111951668.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1275880430&Signature=b7aspeDpwl4eSewwpniuIHCiV4Y%3D

captions...

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
:rofl: I heard that

:D Glad it wasn't just me.

Maximus
06-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Bret Hart says hi.

Who is that

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/111951668.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1275880430&Signature=b7aspeDpwl4eSewwpniuIHCiV4Y%3D

captions...

Kobe may be getting ready to buy his wife another ring. Atleast it looks like he's giving Allen the sisters treatment from Shawshank Redemption.

Natedogg
06-06-2010, 09:04 PM

captions...

"My ****gga."

gunns
06-06-2010, 09:07 PM
It's a playoff game and the refs determined the outcome WTF Let them play

Ahhh the Raider fan. So obvious.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Instant replay clearly showed Garnett knocking the ball out of bounds
Artest clearly knocked the ball out... Phantom calls on Kobe Bryant... Disgusting

Wasn't that some bullsh*t, though?

So many bad calls at critical moments in the game for the Lakers.

Two of Kobe's five fouls were complete BS - even the ABC commentators said something about it.

Still, the C-bags brought their best effort, the Lakers played a pretty uninspired game, and, despite the BS calls, we only lost by 8.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh My God. Who else is disgusted about the FT disparity? 37-14. Ridiculous. LABF, are you as outraged as I am? :D

Ha ha ha! :rofl:

The Lakers finally come up on the plus side in FTAs on their home court, and then you complain?

Check the FTA differential for playoff teams so far in 2010 - Lakers are still -91 or something like that. Ridiculous!

bombay
06-06-2010, 09:25 PM
It would be funny if this never comes back to la.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Ha ha ha! :rofl:

The Lakers finally come up on the plus side in FTAs on their home court, and then you complain?

Check the FTA differential for playoff teams so far in 2010 - Lakers are still -91 or something like that. Ridiculous!

Not really complaining, just trying to mess with you. I'm not a fan of either team, just enjoying watching the series. Two really good teams. You have consistenly cried about the FT diffenential, just wondering if you will finally give your props to another NBA team that beat your beloved Lakers when the Lakers had the advantage from the strip. I won't be holding my breath.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM

Hilarious!LOL That might make my year.

Maximus
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Wasn't that some bullsh*t, though?

Two of Kobe's five fouls were complete BS - even the ABC commentators said something about it.

Still, the C-bags brought their best effort, the Lakers played a pretty uninspired game, and, despite the BS calls, we only lost by 8.

I expect Phil Jackson to get fined for popping off on the refs before the next game. The Celtics played a great game though

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm not a fan of either team, just enjoying watching the series.

Ha ha ha! :giggle:

You would have us believe you're not just another Laker hater rooting for the Smeltics?

Two really good teams. You have consistenly(sic) cried about the FT diffenential(sic)...

Whereas you have consistently downplayed and minimized that differential - even though the differential is enormous.

just wondering if you will finally give your props to another NBA team that beat your beloved Lakers when the Lakers had the advantage from the strip. I won't be holding my breath.

Sure - we expected the Smeltics to be ready to play today after getting humiliated in game 1. They were the team who had something to prove going into this game. Too bad the Lakers decided to go on cruise control, but we've all seen that before.

As for the "advantage" from the stripe - no complaints: it's about time the home team got more calls on its home court. Had the refs decided to blow the whistle, we would have gone to the line even more times tonight.

What bothers me about this game is not so much the FTA differential as the horrifically bad calls that hurt the Lakers at key moments in the game (even Van Gundy and Jackson commented on them) - but I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge those bad calls.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Ha ha ha! :giggle:

You would have us believe you're not just another Laker hater rooting for the Smeltics?

I don't like the Lakers, primarily because of obnoxious fans like yourself. Smeltics for example, not all that clever. Sure, I know Boston has them as well.

Whereas you have consistently downplayed and minimized that differential - even though the differential is enormous.

I don't believe that I have ever downplayed or minimalized, just noticed it was one of the main things you have continually complained about after a Laker loss. Never giving the other team credit, just blaming the refs.

Sure - we expected the Smeltics to be ready to play today after getting humiliated in game 1. They were the team who had something to prove going into this game. Too bad the Lakers decided to go on cruise control, but we've all seen that before.

As for the "advantage" from the stripe - no complaints: it's about time the home team got more calls on its home court. Had the refs decided to blow the whistle, we would have gone to the line even more times tonight.

What bothers me about this game is not so much the FTA differential as the horrifically bad calls that hurt the Lakers at key moments in the game (even Van Gundy and Jackson commented on them) - but I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge those bad calls.

Bad calls were going both ways, Davis clearly blocks Bynum and got a foul called on him, same with a block against Artest. It's a part of the game. Celtics were just the better team tonight..

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Lakers were out shot from the field, out rebounded, and turned the ball over more. Yep, that's a loss right there.

Lakers defenders need to do a better job in getting around those screens while chasing around Ray Allen. I don't think Allen will have another game like that, but he will be a problem for the Lakers.

The Lakers aren't in trouble, but they need to win either Game 3 or 4. Going down 3-1 would kill them. They can win in Boston.

TDmvp
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Dude you know who I want to win , but I agree ... Like my post said after game one said ,so many calls I just don't see on both teams...

In that post after last game I was saying I didn't see at least 3 of the ones on Kobe(who I'm not a fan of) but regardless I'm just not seeing some of these calls.

As far as the commentators go I've learned never to trust anything they say.

http://www.cleger.com/suffolk/celtics/images/SkyBox_Boston_Celtics.gif
:thumbs:

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Here and I'm starting to think he will return to Cleveland. I don't think he was a fan of either Brown or Ferry. Cavs can pay him the most and will do whatever they can to make him happy. Question is will the Cavs be able to land another big player (Bosh, Stoudamire) to put around LeBron. Financially, I don't see how that can happen.

I don't think that the Cavs being able to pay him more money is that much of an issue, because that $30 million more figure is way off. The Cavs can give LeBron a 6 year contract. All other teams can only give him a 5 year deal. I'd think that if LeBron goes somewhere else he'd still be playing the next year after that 5 year deal is over, so he'll make up the bulk of that money. I think he'd lose about $7 million by going somewhere else, if my math is right.

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 10:41 PM

Please do not jinx the Lakers chances by making another prediction. The last one ended really bad.

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I have seen Kobe getting raped multiple times when he's gone to the rim and no foul calls, but I've also seen a bunch of ticky tack fouls on the bigs. What gives?

The refs have sucked, but seeing that they've called bad fouls on both teams, neither team has gotten any help by the refs. The series is what it should be. Tied at 1.

TDmvp
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM

Yea that old crap 50 win team just keeps rolling on , wiping out the #1 seed and Lechoke James and then the team that was in the finals last year from the east.

And yea L.A. - Orlando last year was just so thrilling .... not ... :spit:

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2010, 12:03 AM

You mean the Orlando team that sucked in last year's Finals? The team that actually got worse this year by letting Hedo go and bringing in Vince Carter?

Yeah, the Finals would be awesome with those guys playing instead.

http://www.badtakes.com/HAT/Orlando.html

Dagmar
06-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Brilliant game tonight. That's all.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2010, 01:10 AM
I don't like the Lakers, primarily because of obnoxious fans like yourself.

::)

Where "obnoxious" translates as "exposes me as a Laker hater who doesn't know much about basketball."

In any event, lots of teams have "obnoxious" fans, so that doesn't really explain your habit of singling out the Lakers.

I don't believe that I have ever downplayed or minimalized, just noticed it was one of the main things you have continually complained about after a Laker loss. Never giving the other team credit, just blaming the refs.

More evidence of your lack of understanding of the game.

When the FTA differential is the difference in the game (referring to the OKC and PHX series) then fans have every right to talk about the officiating.

Bad calls were going both ways...

Yes, but the bad calls against the C-bags weren't game-changing to the same extent as the bad calls against the Lakers.

Those two bullsh*t fouls on Kobe (giving him 5 fouls) were huge for us.

Not saying the bad calls were the only reason the Lakers lost this particular game, but when you ignore those calls, it just shows you're far from the unbiased observer you claim to be.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Dude you know who I want to win , but I agree ... Like my post said after game one said ,so many calls I just don't see on both teams...

In that post after last game I was saying I didn't see at least 3 of the ones on Kobe(who I'm not a fan of) but regardless I'm just not seeing some of these calls.

As far as the commentators go I've learned never to trust anything they say.

Now that's a more "fair and balanced" take than I've heard from people here who claim not to have a horse in the race, as it were.

Yeah, the officiating has been really horrible all around. That said, I don't mind that the refs are calling this series fairly tight insofar as I don't want to see an injury (on either side) affect the outcome.

24champ
06-07-2010, 01:31 AM
First of all, Craptics were lucky to win that game. Usually when our frontcourt of Gasol and Bynum are having a great night, 9 times out of 10 we win. That's two games now where our frontcourt guys are owning Perkins/Garnett/Lardass Baby.

Secondly, the refs neutered Kobe Bryant tonight with a few phantom calls. So I am not surprised that he played a little differently down the stretch, he wasn't the closer he is capable of being. Craptics took advantage of the mistakes the Lakers made down the stretch and Ray Allen had a career night. The ball and calls didn't bounce our way tonight, we blew it but I am optimistic that Lakers will do their jobs in Boston, they have a great road record and should win a game or two there.

Phil Jackson said in the postgame interviews that his staff anticipated this, leads me to believe he was referring to the referees calling the game the way they did. I hope we don't see this crew again for the rest of the finals but move on from tonight and Kobe and Co. must continue to attack the Craptics in game three.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Secondly, the refs neutered Kobe Bryant tonight with a few phantom calls.

That was huge.

It allowed Gay Allen to go on a tear because Shannon Brown was guarding him.

(To say nothing of the extent to which it interrupted our rhythm on offense.)

24champ
06-07-2010, 01:55 AM
That was huge.

It allowed Gay Allen to go on a tear because Shannon Brown was guarding him.

(To say nothing of the extent to which it interrupted our rhythm on offense.)

Yeah it did. I'm not worried about it, Phil Jackson sounded really confident at the podium and said they (coaching staff) anticipated this loss.

It is what it is, and props to Ray Allen for breaking a record of threes but I feel pretty confident that the Lakers are going to win this series. Gasol and Bynum are just absolutely owning the Craptics frontcourt. Garnett is just a shell of himself.

brother love
06-07-2010, 03:11 AM
The celtics didn't shoot many free throws because Ray Allen hit everything he threw up and most the other guys all took jump shots. The Lakers did go inside much more. The worst call of the game though was the instant replay of Garnett knocking the ball out of bounds that they didn't overturn. That was a huge call. The lead went from 5 to 7 with like 1:30 left i think.

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2010, 04:58 AM
More Lakers fans need to take a queue from Jason.

You guys are embarrassing yourselves.

oubronco
06-07-2010, 07:27 AM
These refs suck!! What is up with getting hammered and no foul then someone looks at someone the wrong way and they call one? It's ridiculous just let them play ball

ohiobronco2
06-07-2010, 08:28 AM
::)

Where "obnoxious" translates as "exposes me as a Laker hater who doesn't know much about basketball."

Your bread and butter. I know plenty about basketball. You never give the other team credit. Your head is either buried in the sand or up your ...

In any event, lots of teams have "obnoxious" fans, so that doesn't really explain your habit of singling out the Lakers.

None more obnoxious than you. That is why I single out the Lakers. You constantly calls other teams childish names. Doesn't matter who you go up against. You are not the only one who does this.

More evidence of your lack of understanding of the game.

When the FTA differential is the difference in the game (referring to the OKC and PHX series) then fans have every right to talk about the officiating.

Keep trying that arguement it does nothing for you. Once again, FT differential does not always determine a game. Being out rebounded, out hustled, other teams playing better d and shooting at a higher percentage also help. You seem to just focus on the officials when another team beats yours.

Yes, but the bad calls against the C-bags weren't game-changing to the same extent as the bad calls against the Lakers.

You mean like in game one when Allen was on the bench early in game one and could never get into an offensive flow. Like that. I didn't see you up in arms over that. When the Celtics bigs all were in foul trouble all game long (game 2), when lesser plays have to matchup with Bynum and Gasol that does not favor the Lakers.

Those two bullsh*t fouls on Kobe (giving him 5 fouls) were huge for us.

Agree. I thought the Lakers had it in the bag with about 5 min left. Game was close and Celtics didn't pull away with Kobe being on the bench

Not saying the bad calls were the only reason the Lakers lost this particular game, but when you ignore those calls, it just shows you're far from the unbiased observer you claim to be.

I'd say I'm more unbiased than you are.

ohiobronco2
06-07-2010, 08:29 AM

Absolutely. Props to Jason, he knows it wasn't just the refs. The Celtics were just the better team last night.

Mr.Meanie
06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Ray Allen's multiple screens are absolutely killing the lakers. They hit all their shots, and those 3's were brutal.

The Lakers got outplayed last night. The refs were a factor though, with bogus calls on Kobe (basically taking him out of the 4th qtr), Davis, Allen, Fisher, etc. I wish the refs would let them play ball instead of dictating the pace of the game. And that out of bounds on Garnett was just unbelievable.

It was a great game though. I can't wait for Tuesday... I think the Lakers rebound and take at least 1 of the next 3 games. Hopefully this series goes to 7.

ohiobronco2
06-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Ray Allen's multiple screens are absolutely killing the lakers. They hit all their shots, and those 3's were brutal.

The Lakers got outplayed last night. The refs were a factor though, with bogus calls on Kobe (basically taking him out of the 4th qtr), Davis, Allen, Fisher, etc. I wish the refs would let them play ball instead of dictating the pace of the game. And that out of bounds on Garnett was just unbelievable.

It was a great game though. I can't wait for Tuesday... I think the Lakers rebound and take at least 1 of the next 3 games. Hopefully this series goes to 7.

Ray is an amazing shooter. He also works to get open, people compare him to Reggie for a reason. I'd expect the Lakers to take atleast one game in Boston. Most anybody who is just a fan of the NBA wants this series to go 7, two historic franchises facing off, makes for an exciting finals.

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 12:13 PM

I'm just trying to be objective on some level. I'm not going to be 100% objective because I am a fan. I'll always be slanted towards the Lakers, or the Broncos, but I try not to get blinded by my allengiance to my team. I'm pretty sure that on the Celtics message boards they are going nuts about how the refs are trying to give the series to the Lakers. The way I see it in an opinion based argument the truth usually is somewhere in the middle.

Taking it a step further, outside of this thread, this message board is a good example of that. There are some fans, especially two, who can't be objective to save their lives. One of them can't see any fault with the Broncos and constantly starts threads praising everything that the Broncos do and condemns anybody who questions any moves. Sometimes I just want to shake that guy. The other one is the exact opposite. He hates everything and is always complaining. To me both of them are equally annoying because neither can be objective about the Broncos in any way. Sorry, but as of right now the Broncos are not a 10+ win team on paper, and they aren't a 4 win team either. It's like they should have their own section of the message board so they can just argue it out and leave the rest of it out to have sane discussions about this team. There are a couple other posters who can join them.

azbroncfan
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM

I have been in Lake Powell for 5 days so I missed the games but let me guess. LA fans are blaming officials?

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 12:35 PM
As much as Ray Allen killed the Lakers, I don't think he was a major factor in the win. I don't want to down play what he did, because without him the Lakers may of had the lead at halftime and gone on to win the game. But after Allen cooled off the Lakers took the lead. They were right there to take this game with a few minutes to play. Then the bottom fell out. Their offense just went cold. The Celtics closed the game with a 16-4 run. There's your ball game right there. The Lakers offense went cold, and it seemed like the Celtics got every offensive rebound down that stretch.

Like I said before, Allen will give the Lakers problems, but I don't think he'll light them up like that again. Like any shooter he's streaky, and we saw that last night when he didn't do much in the second half. Even with his great play the Lakers were still there to win that game but failed to close out the game.

Actually, I was really surprised to see the Lakers get out rebounded like that, especially late. I think that who ever is guarding Rondo needs to box him out. He sneaks in there and grabs a lot of rebounds. Don't let him inside the three point line when the shot goes up.

I just looked up the play by play for the final minutes of the game. What I've pasted below was the difference in the game. From the point that the Lakers held a 90-89 lead, the Celtics got every rebound on both sides and built a 97-90 lead. That 4 minutes stretch, which was an 8-0 run by the Celtics, is the difference in the game, and it was led pretty much by rebounding the ball. The Celtics out rebounded the Lakers 8-0 and four of those rebounds were offensive rebounds. And the Lakers turned the ball over 3 times. That's just bad basketball at the end of a game.

5:01 Rajon Rondo makes driving layup 89-90
4:39 89-90 Andrew Bynum offensive foul (Rajon Rondo draws the foul)
4:39 89-90 Andrew Bynum turnover
4:16 Ray Allen misses 26-foot three point jumper 89-90
4:16 Boston defensive team rebound 89-90
3:55 89-90 Kobe Bryant misses 13-foot two point shot
3:53 Kevin Garnett defensive rebound 89-90
3:41 89-90 Ron Artest personal foul (Paul Pierce draws the foul)
3:32 89-90 Ron Artest personal foul (Paul Pierce draws the foul)
3:23 Pau Gasol blocks Kendrick Perkins's hook shot 89-90
3:20 Rajon Rondo offensive rebound 89-90
3:19 Rajon Rondo makes layup 91-90
3:05 Kevin Garnett personal foul (Pau Gasol draws the foul) 91-90
2:59 91-90 Ron Artest bad pass
2:59 Boston full timeout
2:38 Kevin Garnett makes 9-foot two point shot 93-90
2:14 93-90 Rajon Rondo blocks Derek Fisher's 25-foot three point jumper
2:12 Paul Pierce defensive rebound 93-90
2:08 Ray Allen misses layup 93-90
2:06 Boston offensive team rebound 93-90
2:00 Ray Allen misses 19-foot jumper 93-90
1:59 Boston offensive team rebound 93-90
1:50 Rajon Rondo makes 20-foot jumper (Ray Allen assists) 95-90
1:35 95-90 Kobe Bryant misses 25-foot three point jumper
1:34 Ray Allen defensive rebound 95-90
1:25 Boston 20 Sec. timeout
1:21 Kendrick Perkins makes two point shot (Kevin Garnett assists) 97-90
1:12 97-90 Kobe Bryant misses 8-foot jumper
1:12 Kendrick Perkins defensive rebound 97-90
1:12 97-90 Pau Gasol personal foul (Kendrick Perkins draws the foul)
1:12 Kendrick Perkins misses free throw 1 of 2 97-90
1:12 Boston offensive team rebound

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I have been in Lake Powell for 5 days so I missed the games but let me guess. LA fans are blaming officials?

Well that's your favorite topic. ;D

azbroncfan
06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Well that's your favorite topic. ;D

Kind of hard to avoid it although I wouldn't throw you into the it's the ref's fault Laker fans.

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I find it hilarious that in the Western Conference Finals there was tons of bitching about how the Suns got more calls at home. The suns were shooting many more FTs, Laker fan lamented.

Last night's FTs were 41-26 in favor of the Lakers but Laker fan still finds a way to complain. Incredible.

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I find it hilarious that in the Western Conference Finals there was tons of b****ing about how the Suns got more calls at home. The suns were shooting many more FTs, Laker fan lamented.

Last night's FTs were 41-26 in favor of the Lakers but Laker fan still finds a way to complain. Incredible.

One point I've made is that FGs, rebounds, and turnovers are usually more important than FTs.

In Game 1 the Lakers led in all three categories and won. In Game 2 the Celtics led in all those categories and won.

I was happy with Bynum's performance, but six rebouds isn't going to cut it. And where the hell is Odom? He knows the refs are calling the game super tight, so ease off a little bit and get some damn rebounds.

cutthemdown
06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Lakers can win at least 1, maybe 2 in Boston.

oubronco
06-07-2010, 01:08 PM

I really liked how Garnett would grab and hold the player getting screened he even grabbed two a few times

The refs suck

gunns
06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
It just trying to be objective on some level. I'm not going to be 100% objective because I am a fan. I'll always be slanted towards the Lakers, or the Broncos, but I try not to get blinded by my allengince to my team. I'm pretty sure that on the Celtics message boards they are going nuts about how the refs are trying to give the series to the Lakers. The way I see it in an opinion based argument the truth usually is somewhere in the middle.

Taking it a step further, outside of this thread, this message board is a good example of that. There are some fans, especially two, who can't be objective to save their lives. One of them can't see any fault with the Broncos and constantly starts threads praising everything that the Broncos do and condemns anybody who questions any moves. Sometimes I just want to shake that guy. The other one is the exact opposite. He hates everything and is always complaining. To me both of them are equally annoying because neither can be objective about the Broncos in any way. Sorry, but as of right now the Broncos are not a 10+ win team on paper, and they aren't a 4 win team either. It's like they should have their own section of the message board so they can just argue it out and leave the rest of it out to have sane discussions about this team. There are a couple other posters who can join them.

Excellent post.

SouthStndJunkie
06-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I find myself rooting for the Lakers in this series.

SouthStndJunkie
06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Derek Fisher has been clutch for the Lakers in the 4th quarter tonight.

OABB
06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
If the refs called a good game 2 it would be three to nothing now.

Pot stirred.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Derek Fisher has been clutch for the Lakers in the 4th quarter tonight.

He's killing the Celtics. He's not the flashiest player, just really solid. Very, very clutch.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 09:46 PM
if the refs called a good game 2 it would be three to nothing now.

Pot stirred.

rofl!

OABB
06-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Here comes another bad call against the lakers coming all joking aside. Rondo fouled odom.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Then Garnett fouls. Game over.

ZONA
06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I missed the game. Damn DirecTV and their crap ass 3D update did something to my HR20 and now it doesn't work. They're sending me a new one but no TV now for 3 days and all my saved programs lost. I wish they could get their **** together. Better believe I made them compensate me. My next month of service is free, no bill, hahaha.

OABB
06-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Then Garnett fouls. Game over.

Celtics are all heart, I never count them out.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Celtics are all heart, I never count them out.

I agree. This is why I expect a 7 game series.

SouthStndJunkie
06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Lakers 91

Boston 84

Lakers take a 2-1 lead in the series.

OABB
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I agree. This is why I expect a 7 game series.

I expected Boston in 6 but the lakers are a different team now. Lakers can do this in 6 if they win game 4. Celtics will win game three no doubt.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Celtics will win game three no doubt.

Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:02 PM
2-1, baby!

http://students.cup.edu/jac5307/lakers.bmp

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I find it hilarious that in the Western Conference Finals there was tons of b****ing about how the Suns got more calls at home. The suns were shooting many more FTs, Laker fan lamented.

Got reading comprehension?

No one was complaining about the FTA differential in game 2 - just the 5 fouls on Kobe (two of which were clearly bullsh*t) that effectively neutered the Lakers' offense.

OABB
06-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Ha!

I'm a lakers fan douchenugget.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 10:09 PM

You better be a 100% homer or you will feel his wrath. I could see it ending in 6 but it's going to be tough. Neither team is going to lay down for the other.

OABB
06-08-2010, 10:11 PM
You better be a 100% homer or you will feel his wrath. I could see it ending in 6 but it's going to be tough. Neither team is going to lay down for the other.

So far this has the makings of a classic.! Obviously the teams histories and the closeness of the games, but we have Ray Allens clinic in game 2 and fishers four on one layup that effectively won it. Celtics are a tough team. They are the only team I fear and game four is gonna be near impossible. If lakers win it, it's over IMO and the celtics know that.

Edit: I'm drunk and typing on an iPod so my posts may be mocklike soon... Just want to preempt grammer Nazis.

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
So far this has the makings of a classic.! Obviously the teams histories and the closeness of the games, but we have Ray Allens clinic in game 2 and fishers four on one layup that effectively won it. Celtics are a tough team. They are the only team I fear and game four is gonna be near impossible. If lakers win it, it's over IMO and the celtics know that.

I'd have to agree. You hate to count a team like Boston out, but if LA takes a 3-1 lead it's as good as done. I don't know if Allen will play that poorly again, sure the D of the Lakers was big, but Allen was missing open shots. Of course, I don't expect him to hit 8 threes again either. I'm not a fan of either team so I get to sit back and enjoy quality basketball.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Wow - touchy, aren't we?

I can't laugh at the fact that you posted "Celtics will win game 3 for sure?"

(Posted just minutes before the Lakers got the win.)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:22 PM
You better be a 100% homer or you will feel his wrath.

Says the Laker hater who claims not to have a horse in the race. Ha!

I could see it ending in 6 but it's going to be tough. Neither team is going to lay down for the other.

I could see the Lakers winning two games in Beantown.

OBF1
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Are the Sun's still out of the playoffs??? :thumbsup: !Booya!:spit:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:24 PM

Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
You better be a 100% homer or you will feel his wrath.

I know how I'm going to spend the next NFL season:

Busting your chops every time you don't give the Raiders props for something.

:D

OABB
06-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Wow - touchy, aren't we?

I can't laugh at the fact that you posted "Celtics will win game 3 for sure?"

(Posted just minutes before the Lakers got the win.)

Sure you can laugh. I thought that was a crying smilie.

OABB
06-08-2010, 10:35 PM
By the way, bronconia, stop singing and get in this thread. WTF?

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I know how I'm going to spend the next NFL season:
Busting your chops every time you don't give the Raiders props for something.

:D

I'm guessing in your mothers basement. :thanku:

worm
06-08-2010, 10:40 PM

I agree. It would be funny!

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Hey, he was channeling his inner Paul Pierce. :approve:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm guessing in your mothers basement. :thanku:

Weak! :oyvey:

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Weak! :oyvey:

It's a shame that you don't approve. I hold your opinion in such high regard. While I can't stand the Raiders, if they did something great, I would at the very least acknowledge it. I also would be able to keep an open mind if the Broncos lost to them. I wouldn't assume it was Ed Hochuli's fault. ;D

OABB
06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey, he was channeling his inner Paul Pierce. :approve:

Than he would fake a knee injury to gain support.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:46 PM

:laugh:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:47 PM
It's a shame that you don't approve. I hold your opinion in such high regard.

It's a shame you had no answer for my Raiders analogy.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 10:48 PM

:laugh:

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq220/lakerpride161724/wheelchair.png

ohiobronco2
06-08-2010, 10:51 PM

:spit: When Pierce did that it was weak. He was trying to have a MJ flu game moment.

Jason in LA
06-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Fisher really saved them, because Kobe pretty much shot the Celtics back into the game. Why was he taking all those off balanced long jump shots? He should have been driving to the basket.

Ray Allen, 0-13? Really? He had one good half of basketball and people were acting like he's the greatest shooter ever. And where is Pierce? Garnett showed up for a few minutes tonight, but I guess he got tired or something.

This win was pretty big. A few numbers to toss around. Since going to the 2-3-2 format, the series has been tied 1-1 10 times. The team that won game 3 has gone on to win the series all 10 times. In NBA Finals history the series has been tied 1-1 32 times. The team that won game 3 has gone on to win the series 28 times. Oh, and when a Phil Jackson team wins the first game they are like, what, 47-0, or something like that.

Now, even with those numbers, I'm not counting the Celtics out. But if the Lakers can win Game 4, it's a wrap. I really hope the Lakers can win Game 4 so the Celtics don't have any thoughts of coming back. I don't think home court really means much because both teams have shown that they can out play the other while on the road. It's really the first one to 4 wins, regardless of where the game is played.

As far as free throws goes, they both shot 24. The Lakers out shot the Celtics from the field, out rebounded the Celtics, and turned the ball over less. That's a win right there.

RhymesayersDU
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Got reading comprehension?

No one was complaining about the FTA differential in game 2 - just the 5 fouls on Kobe (two of which were clearly bullsh*t) that effectively neutered the Lakers' offense.

I realize that.

And look, I'll even agree with you he got caught on some bad calls.

But to clearly get the majority of the calls and still complain about the officiating is hysterical.

Boobs McGee
06-08-2010, 11:27 PM
By the way, bronconia, stop singing and get in this thread. WTF?

LOL wasuuuuuuuuup. Didn't really get to watch as intently as i would have liked...I was AT a sports bar, but tryin to run a little game, so had to switch between boobs and basketball.

IMO, it looked like our D really clamped down tonight. Hate the fact that we get such little recognition for being one of the best inthe league in that respect, but it showed tonight. There's a REASON jesus shuttlesworth went 0-13 :afro:

One of those nights where kobe reverted back to his old ways (shooting wise), but the good news is, he's still one of the best one on one defenders, and doesn't just shut it down circa 2004-2007. Fish is beast mode (although i think he's comin off the bench next year, so farmar better get his clutch shooting down). Odom looked great. Bynum was moving well. I really like the energy luke brought in the first half. We're just really clicking at the right time, and that was a HARD fought game we won.

The celtics, as much as I hate them, just wont ****ing die. That's why I love this series so much. This is one of the most exciting matchups, because on any given night, different superstars can step up and turn it around.

LOVE seein kobe out there coachin em up, I don't see him letting us lose 3 more. This is revenge tour 2010.

Still think this is going six, and kudos to the paddy's for showing incredible grit.

BUT.

Back to back, bitches.

and I'm really impressed with your drunk typing skills my friend. Hooray for predictive text haha. Now go do some inebriated wrestling with your wife and make us some more lakers fans ^5

Boobs McGee
06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
and p.s., the refs still suck. BOTH ways. After that whole tim donaghee (donaghue, donahoe? SP?) thing, I really became disenchanted with the NBA :(

It didn't feel NEARLY as "influenced" as I was expecting, which was nice

Boobs McGee
06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
and one more thing, I pretty much agree with all of Jason in McLa's points. well done sir

OABB
06-08-2010, 11:34 PM
LOL wasuuuuuuuuup. Didn't really get to watch as intently as i would have liked...I was AT a sports bar, but tryin to run a little game, so had to switch between boobs and basketball.

IMO, it looked like our D really clamped down tonight. Hate the fact that we get such little recognition for being one of the best inthe league in that respect, but it showed tonight. There's a REASON jesus shuttlesworth went 0-13 :afro:

One of those nights where kobe reverted back to his old ways (shooting wise), but the good news is, he's still one of the best one on one defenders, and doesn't just shut it down circa 2004-2007. Fish is beast mode (although i think he's comin off the bench next year, so farmar better get his clutch shooting down). Odom looked great. Bynum was moving well. I really like the energy luke brought in the first half. We're just really clicking at the right time, and that was a HARD fought game we won.

The celtics, as much as I hate them, just wont ****ing die. That's why I love this series so much. This is one of the most exciting matchups, because on any given night, different superstars can step up and turn it around.

LOVE seein kobe out there coachin em up, I don't see him letting us lose 3 more. This is revenge tour 2010.

Still think this is going six, and kudos to the paddy's for showing incredible grit.

BUT.

Back to back, b****es.

and I'm really impressed with your drunk typing skills my friend. Hooray for predictive text haha. Now go do some inebriated wrestling with your wife and make us some more lakers fans ^5

the wife is out of town so I'll be wrestling with little Jake tonight. Back to back bitches!

24champ
06-09-2010, 01:28 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/01/fullj.e9a4e2c4e7f3df2d2a93d48d62e8f5a0/e9a4e2c4e7f3df2d2a93d48d62e8f5a0-getty-bkn-nba_finals-lakers-celtics.jpg

cutthemdown
06-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Huge huge win for the purple and gold. It really is over but there is still plenty to watch.

azbroncfan
06-09-2010, 09:16 AM

How many times are you guys going to post this? Just because my name is AZBRONCFAN doesn't mean I am a SUNS fan. If you have been around the NBA threads long enough you would know who I pull for.

Jason in LA
06-09-2010, 09:26 AM
How many times are you guys going to post this? Just because my name is AZBRONCFAN doesn't mean I am a SUNS fan. If you have been around the NBA threads long enough you would know who I pull for.

The refs! ;D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. lol

azbroncfan
06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
The refs! ;D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. lol

LA won so we won't be hearing that til next loss. The only way LA can lose is the refs right? :)

Jason in LA
06-09-2010, 09:55 AM
LA won so we won't be hearing that til next loss. The only way LA can lose is the refs right? :)

Naw, if they get out shot from the field, out rebounded, and turn the ball over more, like they did in Game 2, then they'll lose. Well, unless they opponent win all of those categories and the opponent gets 20+ more free throws. ;D

missingnumber7
06-09-2010, 10:21 AM
If Boston can ever get the entire team on the same page the Lakers are done. And it isn't the great D from LA thats did Boston in last night...unless leaving a guy wide open to shoot is a new defensive strategy. Allen had many great looks and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. Pierce struggled for most of the game with plenty of open, or clean looks at the basket. Rondo, KG and Big Baby played good. KG had his best game of the series so far, now just to get KG, Allen, Rondo, and Pierce to have an average game on the same night...and LA is done.

Jason in LA
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM
If Boston can ever get the entire team on the same page the Lakers are done. And it isn't the great D from LA thats did Boston in last night...unless leaving a guy wide open to shoot is a new defensive strategy. Allen had many great looks and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. Pierce struggled for most of the game with plenty of open, or clean looks at the basket. Rondo, KG and Big Baby played good. KG had his best game of the series so far, now just to get KG, Allen, Rondo, and Pierce to have an average game on the same night...and LA is done.

If Elway could have played another five years then the Broncos could have kept on rolling.

Sorry, that just wasn't possible.

I don't see all those guys doing what you said in the same game.

ohiobronco2
06-09-2010, 01:18 PM
If Elway could have played another five years then the Broncos could have kept on rolling.

Sorry, that just wasn't possible.

I don't see all those guys doing what you said in the same game.

It's hard to put a complete game together. Lakers have some solid defenders. I think if 2 of the big 4 Celtic players are playing well they have a shot. In game 2 I think Rondo and Allen played well. Last night, I think only KG played well.

Jason in LA
06-09-2010, 01:28 PM
There is a reason why the Celtics can't get their best players on the same page. Because the Lakers are a very good team. I'd say that age does play a role, but when playing against the defending champs, who have very good players, it's tough.

24champ
06-09-2010, 02:07 PM
What now Wheelchair boy?!

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/305741_o.gif

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/0c/fullj.34ac80b3722885c3374509682048f81f/34ac80b3722885c3374509682048f81f-getty-101227377cc077_nba_finals_g.jpg

24champ
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Lakers just played harder and want it more than the Celtics do. Lakers are a great road team, and that hasn't been talked about a lot lately. The difference in this series is that the Lakers are really focused and determined to repeat. All you have to do is take a look at the hustle play by Kobe Bryant taking the ball away from KG and then tossing it to Bynum for a 3 point play. I don't even need to talk about Fisher and how bad he wanted game 3. Couple that with the fact that Boston can't defend our big guys, Bynum and Gasol have been doing a pretty good job the past 3 games. Lamar showed up in Game 3 as well. Celtics are in big trouble.

Kobe is due for a big game in this series, probably going to happen in game 4 and finish off the Celtics. Going to be tough, but the Lakers have a great chance to put the Celtics on the ropes tomorrow night.

Maximus
06-09-2010, 03:13 PM

All his shots were contested last night except for 1 or 2. Just admit it the Lakers played good defense.

cutthemdown
06-09-2010, 03:14 PM

Most people who watch a lot of bball don't agree with you.

Basketball folks see size as the reason, not talent or hustle.

The main reason for the Laker success is the fact Gasol/Bynum/Odom just too big for the Celtics. Throw in the best player in the NBA in Kobe and it's just too much for them. To even suggest the reason is just Celtics not playing up to there ability is a total joke and without merit.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Most people who watch a lot of bball don't agree with you.

Basketball folks see size as the reason, not talent or hustle.

The main reason for the Laker success is the fact Gasol/Bynum/Odom just too big for the Celtics. Throw in the best player in the NBA in Kobe and it's just too much for them. To even suggest the reason is just Celtics not playing up to there ability is a total joke and without merit.

What more can you expect from a Laker hater? :laugh:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Actually, FTAs in game 3 were dead even, and you know the results.

ohiobronco2
06-09-2010, 10:12 PM

Yeah, well the Celtics had more fouls called against them. :stirstir:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Both teams took the exact same number of foul shots. :welcome:

Look it up.

azbroncfan
06-09-2010, 10:22 PM

Right you guys only bitch in losses.

ohiobronco2
06-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Both teams took the exact same number of foul shots. :welcome:

Look it up.

I didn't say foul shots. I said fouls. Boston 27 LA 20. Look it up. :approve:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Right you guys only b**** in losses.

Reading comprehension just isn't your strong suit, eh?

It's not about wins and losses - it's about the fact that going into this series the Lakers were -91 in FTA for these playoffs. That's dead last among playoff teams. The next team on the list isn't even close.

If you think Lakers fans are wrong to question this status quo, then why don't you make your case explaining why none of the Lakers' opponents ever foul.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I didn't say foul shots. I said fouls. Boston 27 LA 20. Look it up. :approve:

Heard you the first time.

So what's your point?

In game 2, Kobe had five fouls by the start of the fourth quarter. Two of those fouls were clearly BS calls.

Can you point to any foul call(s) in game 3 that put the Smeltics at a comparable disadvantage?

ohiobronco2
06-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Heard you the first time.

So what's your point?

In game 2, Kobe had five fouls by the start of the fourth quarter. Two of those fouls were clearly BS calls.

Can you point to any foul call(s) in game 3 that put the Smeltics at a comparable disadvantage?

I don't have one. :stirstir:

OBF1
06-09-2010, 10:53 PM

Why are you even in this thread again??? If you are not a fan of either team.... Then you are just a hater, and no one likes a hater :wiggle:

OBF1
06-09-2010, 10:54 PM

It's not about wins and losses - it's about the fact that going into this series the Lakers were -91 in FTA for these playoffs. That's dead last among playoff teams. The next team on the list isn't even close.

If you think Lakers fans are wrong to question this status quo, then why don't you make your case explaining why none of the Lakers' opponents ever foul.

He can not make any valid points, Kind of like faider fan just running his pie hole :thumbsup:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't have one. :stirstir:

That much has never been in doubt. :D

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Why are you even in this thread again??? If you are not a fan of either team.... Then you are just a hater, and no one likes a hater :wiggle:

Exactly.

24champ
06-10-2010, 12:38 AM

Meanwhile, you can keep us updated on Gentry's golf game.

cutthemdown
06-10-2010, 02:47 AM
What more can you expect from a Laker hater? :laugh:

I sort of expect them to complain about the real reason Lakers win all the time. The fact it's unfair they always get the great FA or trade to make team the best in NBA. The fact players can make more here based on the exposure they get in LA.

Great for us here in southern california but not so great for people in Denver. Basketball more about the big cities then football is.

azbroncfan
06-10-2010, 06:48 AM

Has less to do with the refs and more to do with the fact that like the regular season LA doesn't go to the line as much as other teams. They are in the bottom half of the league and the teams they have played in playoffs have all been teams in that get to the line alot. Over 20 games that would mean the other team shot a little over 2 FT's a game which isn't that big of disparity. Go ahead and keep blaming refs though.

Jason in LA
06-10-2010, 07:39 AM

I've pointed out a few times that FGs, rebounds, and turnovers play more of a role in a win than fouls. So far the Lakers have won in each of those categories twice and they won both of those games, and the Celtics won in each of those categories once and they won that game.

Refs suck for both teams, so they haven't given anybody an advantage.

Jason in LA
06-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Has less to do with the refs and more to do with the fact that like the regular season LA doesn't go to the line as much as other teams. They are in the bottom half of the league and the teams they have played in playoffs have all been teams in that get to the line alot. Over 20 games that would mean the other team shot a little over 2 FT's a game which isn't that big of disparity. Go ahead and keep blaming refs though.

Yes, this really proves my point that FTs isn't as big of a factor as people make it out to be. Well, like I've said before, unless one team has a 20+ free throw advantage.

ohiobronco2
06-10-2010, 10:44 AM
That much has never been in doubt. :D

:rofl::spit:

ohiobronco2
06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I've pointed out a few times that FGs, rebounds, and turnovers play more of a role in a win than fouls. So far the Lakers have won in each of those categories twice and they won both of those games, and the Celtics won in each of those categories once and they won that game.

Refs suck for both teams, so they haven't given anybody an advantage.

I was just messing with him. This series has not been decided by the refs to this point. They have been terrible, but terrible to both teams. You're right.

OABB
06-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I was just messing with him. This series has not been decided by the refs to this point. They have been terrible, but terrible to both teams. You're right.

except for the five fouls on Kobe to start the 4th in a close game at home. Anyone that thinks he gets the calls of any other superstar is an idiot. I doubt Lebron would have five fouls to start a 4th at home in a finals game. Jordan? yeah right.

And I know Pierce got the calls, but he is a huge crybaby pussy and doesn't deserve them.

(stirring)

Jason in LA
06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I can't wait for tip off. The way I was thinking after Boston won Game 2 was that it would be in the Lakers best interest to win two games in Boston. Might as well do it tonight and not give Boston any hope in the series.

gunns
06-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Really? I've always loved Raider Haters.

gyldenlove
06-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Help me out here guys, I need a bit of knowledge on the NBA.

Let me first say I don't like the Cavaliers and I am not a big Lebron fan, but I am somewhat interested in following the situation they have going on. To my mind the supporting cast in Cleveland is nothing to write home about, and I believe that without Lebron or a suitable replacement that team will drop like a fat guy falling down a flight of stairs.

So what I am interested in working out, is how much would a good coach be able to compensate for the loss of Lebron and is there a player out there that Cleveland could get their hands on this offseason who could lessen the impact of losing Lebron?

ohiobronco2
06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I never thought I would say this.....Glen Davis......STUD.

Boobs McGee
06-10-2010, 09:56 PM
HELLUVA series. Only got to catch the last few minutes...but this is shaping up to be a 7 game bonanza. Kudos to the celtics (from what little I saw).

Jason in LA
06-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Damn Celtics are like roaches. They just won't go away. I'll give them credit. They have grit. And a lot of it.

The thing that jumps out to me was the Celtics getting offensive rebounds, and late in the game, just like Game 2, they got second chance points. They had 16 offensive rebounds to the Lakers 8. Not having Bynum hurt, but damn come on Lakers.

Jason in LA
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Help me out here guys, I need a bit of knowledge on the NBA.

Let me first say I don't like the Cavaliers and I am not a big Lebron fan, but I am somewhat interested in following the situation they have going on. To my mind the supporting cast in Cleveland is nothing to write home about, and I believe that without Lebron or a suitable replacement that team will drop like a fat guy falling down a flight of stairs.

So what I am interested in working out, is how much would a good coach be able to compensate for the loss of Lebron and is there a player out there that Cleveland could get their hands on this offseason who could lessen the impact of losing Lebron?

A short answer to your question is that if LeBron walks the Cavs are sunk. I don't know what their cap situation will be, but no top notch free agent will go there. Their only chance of remaining a playoff team is LeBron staying or a sign and trade that will get them some players back.

gunns
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Very proud of the Celtics, they do have grit. Don't know if they have what it takes to run the series, but I'm loving seeing them show what they didn't during the regular season. Being the off season I'm am thankful for this very good finals.

24champ
06-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Lamar is going to have to step up, and Bynum should benefit from the long lay off. Lakers should have won this game since they controlled the game until the 4th when the Celtics got some miracle performances from Nate and Big Turd.

I expect the Lakers to come out and win game 5, Kobe will rally the troops and finish them off.

MplsBronco
06-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Damn Celtics are like roaches. They just won't go away. I'll give them credit. They have grit. And a lot of it.

The thing that jumps out to me was the Celtics getting offensive rebounds, and late in the game, just like Game 2, they got second chance points. They had 16 offensive rebounds to the Lakers 8. Not having Bynum hurt, but damn come on Lakers.

Fuggin Odom is a liability at this point. They guy looks terrible this series and is getting beat to every loose ball. Davis is schooling him. Clearly the Celtics wanted it more tonight and shot their wad but the Lakers never did go away. That horrible blocking call on Kobe against Pierce in the last 2 mins was huge.

worm
06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Nate Robinson is a little bitch. Napoleon complex.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Yep - losing Bynum in the 4th quarter was huge as the Smeltics were able to take advantage in the paint. Pretty sub-par defensive performance from LO. Gotta wonder what PJ was thinking playing Kobe and Gasol so many minutes - he should have given both guys a rest to start the 4th. C-bags definitely played like their backs were against the wall (which they were) while our guys, not so much. Hopefully Bynum can take advantage of the extra day off to get treatment on the knee (which sounds pretty bad from the latest reports) and we take care of business on Sunday.

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Really? I've always loved Raider Haters.

The difference?

The Raider haters on this board are all Broncos fans - not "impartial observers."

ZONA
06-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Lamar is going to have to step up, and Bynum should benefit from the long lay off. Lakers should have won this game since they controlled the game until the 4th when the Celtics got some miracle performances from Nate and Big Turd.

I expect the Lakers to come out and win game 5, Kobe will rally the troops and finish them off.

Is there even such a thing as "should have won"? There is winning and losing and that's it.

cousinal11
06-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Proud of the Celts. They showed some teeth last night.

I still don't think they've played a good game yet, which is the only thing that gives me any comfort right now.

The extra day off will be good for those old legs, which continued to be a factor last night. It just seems like the Lakers get most of the loose balls, which I attribute to the age factor.

Gotta win Game 5 to have any chance. I just hope the zebras don't make a difference as I think we should all agree they have been really bad both ways, although last night was probably the least horrible they've been.

Beat LA!

Beantown Bronco
06-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Lakers should have won this game since they controlled the game until the 4th when the Celtics got some miracle performances from Nate and Big Turd.

Ummmm, last time I checked, the Celtics won 3 out of the 4 quarters last night.

ohiobronco2
06-11-2010, 08:17 AM

Yeah. The Celtics were just the better team, but it would be in your best interests to try not to argue with people who refer to the Celtics as the Smeltics and a player with the nickname of Big Baby as the Big Turd. :D

elsid13
06-11-2010, 09:04 AM
At some point the Celtics are going to start hitting those open jumpers and go on 2/3 game run. That has been their MO all season. Play crappy for a week then lights out for a week.

24champ
06-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Lakers controlled the pace and they were leading heading into the 4th quarter. They had several chances to blow the game open but Lakers shot themselves in the foot with poor rebounding and defense.

Beantown Bronco
06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Lakers controlled the pace and they were leading heading into the 4th quarter. They had several chances to blow the game open but Lakers shot themselves in the foot with poor rebounding and defense.

Controlled the pace? You've got to be kidding me. Just look at the scoring. Outside of the 2nd quarter, this was a typical Celtics "tough defense" game that the Lakers wanted no part of.

Typical. Some folks just can't give credit to the other team. When their team loses, it's always because they "gave it up" because of poor play, not "the other team played well and deserved to win".

azbroncfan
06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Controlled the pace? You've got to be kidding me. Just look at the scoring. Outside of the 2nd quarter, this was a typical Celtics "tough defense" game that the Lakers wanted no part of.

Typical. Some folks just can't give credit to the other team. When their team loses, it's always because they "gave it up" because of poor play, not "the other team played well and deserved to win".

Outside of LA jason there are no Laker fans here who give anyone else credit. It's always some unforseen factor and never that the Lakers got outplayed. Lakers gave it to them and should of done this should of done that, blah blah blah.

*WARHORSE*
06-13-2010, 12:24 AM
The Lackers wont win another game. This series is over imo.

Rivers sees that his bench: Sheed, Davis, Allen, Robinson ....along with Allen or Pierce can hang with the Lackers starters.

Having that crew come off the bench itching to let it all hang out is gonna prove to be the difference along with Bynums health.

The Lackers, other than Kobe, Fisher and Gasol, simply do not have the intensity that the Bosston green does. And they have it deep into their bench.

This team is peaking, and Bosston is no longer the big three, but the big Green now.

Its too late for the Lackers. Who do they have to match the intensity of the Bosston bench?

Luke Walton? Sasha? Odumn?

That Bosston grouping of Sheed, Allen, Allen, Robinson and Davis can come out and play balls to the wall, giving the Lacker starters all they can handle.
Kinda hard playing all out against Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Perkins and Rondo only to have that second group come in and run at you with FRESH legs.

Lackers wont win another game.:thanku:

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 07:28 PM
This is a must win game for Boston, no way they can pull out two games in LA.

Better cut down on the turnovers in the second half.

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Doesn't look good for the Lakers so far in the second half, they wont win this one playing defense like that.

azbroncfan
06-13-2010, 08:07 PM
If LA doesn't pull this one out what will the excuses will be?

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 08:09 PM
If LA doesn't pull this one out what will the excuses will be?

Odom will be the excuse, they cant give the ball to Kobe and just get out of the way each time down.

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Come on don't complain on every call Kobe.

Boobs McGee
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
WOW this is bad. If we lose tonight, it's gonna be AWFULLY hard to beat these guys twice in L.A.

COME ON KOBE, you've put this team on your back before, ONE MORE TIME!!!!

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
WOW this is bad. If we lose tonight, it's gonna be AWFULLY hard to beat these guys twice in L.A.

COME ON KOBE, you've put this team on your back before, ONE MORE TIME!!!!

Kobe cant do it all, they need more from the bench.

Boobs McGee
06-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Kobe cant do it all, they need more from the bench.

truth. But right now, don't think it's gonna happen. That's why I'm hoping Kobe can just work some magic.

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 08:34 PM
truth. But right now, don't think it's gonna happen. That's why I'm hoping Kobe can just work some magic.

It's going 7 for sure, it will be an epic game.

Boobs McGee
06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
It's going 7 for sure, it will be an epic game.

I know, right?

NOW COME ON D!!

Boobs McGee
06-13-2010, 08:37 PM
oooooo that woulda been a giant nail in the coffin by jesus shuttlesworth

Boobs McGee
06-13-2010, 08:42 PM
WOW fish just outjumped k.g.

Aaaaand, ron ron bricked two

ohiobronco2
06-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Jeez Kobe. Why don't you cry some more.

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Artest missed both! wow and then Kobe cries for a foul.

Boobs McGee
06-13-2010, 08:44 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuk. and rondo with a nice play.

DAMMIT

ohiobronco2
06-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Good thing this is a close game. That way the Lakers can foul and the FT disparity doesn't look that ridiculous. Wait, it's 26-13 as of now. Can't wait to see what the excuse will be tonight.

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Boston needed this game to have a chance it's going 7 games.

oubronco
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Funny went and watched the game at Buffalo wild wings and even the Boston fans thought LA got hosed

oubronco
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Good thing this is a close game. That way the Lakers can foul and the FT disparity doesn't look that ridiculous. Wait, it's 26-13 as of now. Can't wait to see what the excuse will be tonight.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many jumpshots and not enough driving to the hoop

TheChamp24
06-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Funny went and watched the game at Buffalo wild wings and even the Boston fans thought LA got hosed

What? How?

azbroncfan
06-13-2010, 09:15 PM

How was that?

montrose
06-13-2010, 09:16 PM
From a guy who hates both teams, LA got ****ing hosed on that Ray Allen shot hitting the rim - that shifted momentum completely.

azbroncfan
06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
From a guy who hates both teams, LA got ****ing hosed on that Ray Allen shot hitting the rim - that shifted momentum completely.

So let me get this straight, your saying LA lost because of that one play?

Vegas_Bronco
06-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Typical Laker's night off with Kobe playing with 4 other purple zombies.

TheChamp24
06-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Yeah, couldn't have been Ron Artest missing 2 free throws that would've made it a 3 point game.

ohiobronco2
06-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Or it could have something to do with the fact that Boston outscored LA in every quarter except the 4th. Oh and they also out rebounded them, did a better job sharing the orange and shot a higher FG%. That may have something to do with it. Kobe at the podium now. Will he demand a trade? Hilarious!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Typical Laker's night off with Kobe playing with 4 other purple zombies.

Yep.

The aforementioned officiating hose job notwithstanding, we didn't deserve to win this game insofar as Kobe was the only Laker on the floor who brought any sort of effort.

But anyone who knows this group knows they always seem to have to do things the hard way.

The fact that the Smeltics can win two games in a row on their home court shouldn't come as a big surprise.

We know the Lakers are capable of doing the same thing, and we know this particular group plays best with its back against the wall.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Kobe at the podium now. Will he demand a trade? Hilarious!

I guess this sort of thing helps you cope with the fact that your boy LeChoke is watching from his couch. :welcome:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah. The Celtics were just the better team, but it would be in your best interests to try not to argue with people who refer to the Celtics as the Smeltics and a player with the nickname of Big Baby as the Big Turd. :D

Are you really so clueless that you don't realize there's a rivalry between these two teams and their fans that makes Broncos/Raiders look tame by comparison?

Or are you just blinded by your hatred of all things L.A.?

ohiobronco2
06-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I guess this sort of thing helps you cope with the fact that your boy LeChoke is watching from his couch. :welcome:

Hey, LeBron and the Cavs lost to the Celtics in 6. So can the Lakers. Nyah!

Oh and LeBron didn't have Gasol, Artest, and Odom on his team. :rofl:

ohiobronco2
06-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Are you really so clueless that you don't realize there's a rivalry between these two teams and their fans that makes Broncos/Raiders look tame by comparison?

Or are you just blinded by your hatred of all things L.A.?

And this gives you an excuse to be obnoxious? I really don't hate LA, I just don't like how some of their fans have acted. You have used the FT excuse in nearly every loss, you have questioned people basketball knowledge repeatedly (you must not watch enough basketball) and you rarely give the opposition any credit. There are Boston fans in this thread and until recently I didn't see any name calling from them.

broncocalijohn
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Boston needed this game to have a chance it's going 7 games.

Bank on it. This is going to be one exciting ending. At least Lakers have 2 at home and no more excuses. Thank you Artest for not only a ****ty field goal % but missing 3 of 4 at the charity stripe when we were trying to close in with a few minutes left. Talking about a momentum killer.

TDmvp
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Blinded by your hatred of all things Kobe and Phil?

My bias aside , My god can Kobe knock down tough jumpers.

As much as I dislike Phil and Kobe , Kobe is just insane at times.

He gives me that same feeling I used to get cheering against the Bulls (or as I call them the M.J.'s).

Fear ...
And just praying god makes him stop.

At one point in time in the 3rd I actually tried to bargain with God , like I'll give up porn if you make Kobe foul out or pull a groin or wrongly get fast track deported under some new federal version of Arizona's SB1070 immigration law . ANYTHING !!! ... (sarcasm)

But I broke out the new Rondo Jersey I got for my birthday last Friday and was happy the Celts won , I'd never wear a basketball jersey out of the house but i'm sure it helps the Celts in some way if I wear it while watching the game in my room heheh ...

Now if they can just get one more...

montrose
06-13-2010, 11:00 PM
So let me get this straight, your saying LA lost because of that one play?

No, just a major momentum shift on a play that was a really bad call to me. Again, not complaining as I hate both teams - just thinking how much different the game goes without that play.

Yeah, couldn't have been Ron Artest missing 2 free throws that would've made it a 3 point game.

Oh that was the dagger, was just pointing out how much suck the NBA officiating contains, we may have had a completely different finish if that had been called correctly.

ZONA
06-13-2010, 11:49 PM
It seems as if Boston's defense keeps getting better every game. Kobe will always get his but they've done a great job at keeping Gasol frustated and quiet for the most part. I don't think LA can win either of the next 2 games (if it goes that far) unless Gasol can find his game again.

24champ
06-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Sucks to see Kobe's performance go to waste like that...

But it is what it is, and it's do or die now. Laker players like Pau Gasol, Lamar, Bynum, Artest...are going to have to look in the mirror and dig deep. Kobe and Fisher have been in this situation before (2002 vs Sacramento Kings), so I am not worried about them showing up for game 6.

Word on the postgame reports...is that Kobe, Fisher and Pau had a meeting before boarding the team bus. I hope they kicked some urgency into Pau Gasol.

ZONA
06-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Sucks to see Kobe's performance go to waste like that...

But it is what it is, and it's do or die now. Laker players like Pau Gasol, Lamar, Bynum, Artest...are going to have to look in the mirror and dig deep. Kobe and Fisher have been in this situation before (2002 vs Sacramento Kings), so I am not worried about them showing up for game 6.

Word on the postgame reports...is that Kobe, Fisher and Pau had a meeting before boarding the team bus. I hope they kicked some urgency into Pau Gasol.

I'm not sure Bynum needs to look into the mirror. The guy is pretty much playing on 1 leg. And Artest, sheesh, he's not exactly a look in the mirror type. He is what he is. Gasol, he is the one who needs to get it done. When the Lakers have lost, it's really been because Boston has shut him down. Tonight they had several guys swatting his shot and keeping him off the offensive glass for the most part, and the Lakers seem to not go to him much in the post lately. They should force it to him more often to try and get him going. It looks almost like the Boston defense is frustrating him to the point where he's just not as active throughout the whole game. Kinda the equivelent to taking plays off in football.

Beantown Bronco
06-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Can't believe people are saying that the ball didn't hit the rim. One angle from next to the basket clearly showed it hit and change direction before hitting the backboard. Yet the only angles they showed more than once were from the freaking rafters. Odd.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Hey, LeBron and the Cavs lost to the Celtics in 6. So can the Lakers. Nyah!

Oh and LeBron didn't have Gasol, Artest, and Odom on his team. :rofl:

But all season long we heard over and over, ad nauseum, that LeChoke had the supporting cast around him to win it all.

Amusing how you try to flip the script and throw that supporting cast under the bus when LeBron quits on them in the playoffs. :rofl:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2010, 06:08 AM
And this gives you an excuse to be obnoxious?

Where "obnoxious" = "anyone who calls me on my BS."

I really don't hate LA....

^ I really should stop reading right here. :oyvey:

Your hate for all things L.A. couldn't be more glaringly obvious.

In fact, Laker hate has been your sole raison d'Ítre on this thread.

You have used the FT excuse in nearly every loss...

The Lakers entered the finals -91 in FTA for these playoffs.

The fact that you don't question this stat only further demonstrates your bias.

you have questioned people basketball knowledge repeatedly (you must not watch enough basketball)...

And guess what?

Few (if any) of those people responded with anything that would prove otherwise.

Probably because they're just Laker haters like you.

There are Boston fans in this thread and until recently I didn't see any name calling from them.

Something tells me you don't stick up for Raiders fans around here when people on this forum call their team or their players names.

Your whole pretense to being some sort of impartial observer who doesn't have a horse in the race here is getting more ridiculous by the minute.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Can't believe people are saying that the ball didn't hit the rim. One angle from next to the basket clearly showed it hit and change direction before hitting the backboard. Yet the only angles they showed more than once were from the freaking rafters. Odd.

The ABC/ESPN cameras showed quite clearly that the ball didn't hit the rim.

cousinal11
06-14-2010, 06:17 AM
That was definitely a must win for Boston and I feel like Game 6 is as well.

Boston is a really good road team, but if this thing goes 7, I give a major edge to the lakers.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm not sure Bynum needs to look into the mirror. The guy is pretty much playing on 1 leg. And Artest, sheesh, he's not exactly a look in the mirror type. He is what he is. Gasol, he is the one who needs to get it done. When the Lakers have lost, it's really been because Boston has shut him down. Tonight they had several guys swatting his shot and keeping him off the offensive glass for the most part, and the Lakers seem to not go to him much in the post lately. They should force it to him more often to try and get him going. It looks almost like the Boston defense is frustrating him to the point where he's just not as active throughout the whole game. Kinda the equivelent to taking plays off in football.

The less effective Bynum becomes due to the knee, the more we lose our size advantage up front. It's like the line of scrimmage in football: the team that controls it usually wins. Bynum (who is a pure center) frees Gasol (a PF who can move over to the 5 when called upon) up to operate in the paint.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2010, 06:19 AM
That was definitely a must win for Boston and I feel like Game 6 is as well.

Boston is a really good road team, but if this thing goes 7, I give a major edge to the lakers.

If the Lakers don't win game 6 convincingly, then we don't deserve to win a title, no doubt about it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Gasol, he is the one who needs to get it done. When the Lakers have lost, it's really been because Boston has shut him down. Tonight they had several guys swatting his shot and keeping him off the offensive glass for the most part, and the Lakers seem to not go to him much in the post lately.

The C-bags were allowed to get away with a lot of hacking, shoving, pushing off, etc., on Gasol, that wasn't called.

Hopefully that won't be the case back in L.A.

Beantown Bronco
06-14-2010, 07:23 AM
The ABC/ESPN cameras showed quite clearly that the ball didn't hit the rim.

Because they only kept showing certain angles where that seemed to be the case. They showed one angle, only once for some reason (conspiracy theorists unite), that clearly showed the ball change direction twice. How could that happen unless the ball hit the rim? Did it somehow hit the backboard twice?

Beantown Bronco
06-14-2010, 07:24 AM
The C-bags were allowed to get away with a lot of hacking, shoving, pushing off, etc., on Gasol, that wasn't called.

Oh please. The refs were letting both sides play last night. And if anything, the Lakers got every questionable call. Feel free to ignore the 10 to 1 foul ratio against the C's up until the last two minutes of classic NBA "hack time" though, because it kills your argument.

oubronco
06-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Because they only kept showing certain angles where that seemed to be the case. They showed one angle, only once for some reason (conspiracy theorists unite), that clearly showed the ball change direction twice. How could that happen unless the ball hit the rim? Did it somehow hit the backboard twice?

Sorry Bean but that ball never hit the rim

ohiobronco2
06-14-2010, 08:22 AM
But all season long we heard over and over, ad nauseum, that LeChoke had the supporting cast around him to win it all.

Amusing how you try to flip the script and throw that supporting cast under the bus when LeBron quits on them in the playoffs. :rofl:

Prove it. Where did I say that. Find the post. Fact is Kobe has a much better team around him. This Cavs team was the best LeBron has been on, but he does not have a team around him like Bryant does

ohiobronco2
06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Where "obnoxious" = "anyone who calls me on my BS."

You haven't called me on anything. You're not nearly as sharp as you think you are. All you've done is whine and complain throughout this entire thread.

^ I really should stop reading right here. :oyvey:

Your hate for all things L.A. couldn't be more glaringly obvious.

In fact, Laker hate has been your sole raison d'Ítre on this thread.

I don't hate all things LA. Once again, just don't like your cry fest after every Laker loss. It's the refs. boo hoo.

The Lakers entered the finals -91 in FTA for these playoffs.

The fact that you don't question this stat only further demonstrates your bias.

And yet they have got the majority of the calls in this series, why are you bit***** again. Lakers have lost because the Celtics are better thus far.

And guess what?

Few (if any) of those people responded with anything that would prove otherwise.

Probably because they're just Laker haters like you.

Something tells me you don't stick up for Raiders fans around here when people on this forum call their team or their players names.

I give sh** to the Raiders fans on this site when they get out of line. Talk sh** about my team. Really I pity them because they've been so bad for so long. I have yet to see any of them cry like you do though. If you weren't acting like such a douche bag throughout all of this we wouldn't have this problem.

Your whole pretense to being some sort of impartial observer who doesn't have a horse in the race here is getting more ridiculous by the minute..

ohiobronco2
06-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Sorry Bean but that ball never hit the rim

It didn't hit the rim, but it is not why the Lakers lost. Celtics were in control the entire game until LA kept getting to the line at the end.

Jason in LA
06-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Before I get into my rant about this game I have to say, after watching the segment on Derek Fisher's daughter at half time, any Utah Jazz fan that booed him, kill yourself.

Now to the series, Game 7 is going to be awesome! Yes, I said that. The Lakers aren't losing Game 6 at home, and it won't be because of some NBA fix, which is what we'll probably hear.

Boston was better last night. They shot the ball really well and the Lakers, outside of Kobe, didn't shoot well at all. The last two games it looked like the Celtics were the longer team. 7 blocked shots last night to the Lakers 1.

Two plays that pissed me off big time, with the Celtics lead at 6, was when Rondo got that tip in over Odom, and the play where the ball looked like it may or may not of hit the rim. If the Lakers simply get that damn rebound then there is no debate over whether or not it hit the rim. Oh, and down by six, Odom on the fast break, kicks it out to Artist for a 3 point shot. Odom is just soft in the mind. He should have attacked the basket for a layup to cut it to 4.

But the Lakers did what they needed in Boston. It would have been great to get two wins there, but they needed 1. I really don't like that they are in the position to have to win both home games, but that's what home court advantage is about. The Celtics have just as much pressure on them as the Lakers do, because they're going to have to fight at an even higher level to win a close out game in LA.

This series has gone how it should have. The Celtics have had one extra game at home, and they have a one game lead. No surprise, and no need to panic. Home court is so huge in the NBA, and the Lakers will play a lot better at home.

Beating the Celtics in Game 7 puts a smile on my face. ;D That's way better than beating the Magic.

Jason in LA
06-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Another thing on this series, I was hoping that the Lakers would have won in five games because the timing of these games has become horrible. I was just promoted to sports editor of the paper that I write for (a weekly paper), and we go to print early Wednesday morning, which means that everything has to be in late Tuesday night. The paper comes out on Thursday. If the Lakers had won it last night, then the story would be complete. Lakers win, pretty simple. If the Lakers had won Tuesday night, I'd have to stay extra late, but the story would be done that night for Thursday's paper. Well both of those possibilities are out the window. Only thing left is writing a Celtics wins article, and I really don't want to write that one on Tuesday night. So if the Lakers win and there is a Game 7, an article on that will be written, but it will only be good for a day. By Friday the story will be old news. That's not a problem for a daily paper, but with a weekly paper you don't want the article to be old news after one day. A lot of people won't read the paper until Friday or Saturday, and by then the article won't be current. Also, the series wrap article will be a week late because it won't come out until a week later (same issue with the USC story, because it hit on Thursday by the time it comes out in the paper it's a week late).

Here's an even bigger problem. On Thursday, Game 7, my son has his middle school graduation and 5 pm. Oh that just sucks ass! Who schedules a middle school graduation that late? Just about every other school does late morning, early afternoon. My son is a huge Lakers fan and he's annoyed by it. I told him that we're taking photos at 4 pm, so any family member who wants a picture with him better show up early, because as soon as it's over we're out. Last night I told him that he should start a movement to move the start time up an hour. Get the kids to sign a petition. He's good friends with the class president and they're going to make it happen. It probably won't work, but why not give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll be showing up to the graduation with a wrap it up box. Anybody giving a long speech will be hearing the music.

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/chappelles_show/index.jhtml'>Chappelle's Show</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'></td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11879&title=wrap-it-up'>Wrap it Up!<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/'>www.comedycentral.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:11879' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://shop.comedycentral.com/?v=comedy-central_shows_chappelles-show&SESSID=870783e1901f9dd5c2769413fc45aa24'>Buy Chappelle's Show DVDs</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/chappelles_show/videos/index.jhtml'>Black Comedy</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11909&title=hes-rick-james'>True Hollywood Story</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Beantown Bronco
06-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Here's an even bigger problem. On Thursday, Game 7, my son has his middle school graduation and 5 pm. Oh that just sucks ass! Who schedules a middle school graduation that late? Just about every other school does late morning, early afternoon. My son is a huge Lakers fan and he's annoyed by it. I told him that we're taking photos at 4 pm, so any family member who wants a picture with him better show up early, because as soon as it's over we're out. Last night I told him that he should start a movement to move the start time up an hour. Get the kids to sign a petition. He's good friends with the class president and they're going to make it happen. It probably won't work, but why not give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll be showing up to the graduation with a wrap it up box. Anybody giving a long speech will be hearing the music.

Don't worry. The C's will ensure that this problem will never get past the "potential" stage. ;D

Paladin
06-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Go Celts!!!!!!

Beat LA!!!!!!!

broncofan2438
06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Go Celts!!!!!!

Beat LA!!!!!!!

X2

Beat LA

Beat LA

Beat LA

azbroncfan
06-14-2010, 09:45 AM

I agree and then the guys who complain make it sound like that play turned the outcome even though Kobe was given 3 pts on a foul on a 3 pter that was ticky tacky. To blame a game on one play is just plain naive and stupid.

ohiobronco2
06-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Before I get into my rant about this game I have to say, after watching the segment on Derek Fisher's daughter at half time, any Utah Jazz fan that booed him, kill yourself.

Now to the series, Game 7 is going to be awesome! Yes, I said that. The Lakers aren't losing Game 6 at home, and it won't be because of some NBA fix, which is what we'll probably hear.

Boston was better last night. They shot the ball really well and the Lakers, outside of Kobe, didn't shoot well at all. The last two games it looked like the Celtics were the longer team. 7 blocked shots last night to the Lakers 1.

Two plays that pissed me off big time, with the Celtics lead at 6, was when Rondo got that tip in over Odom, and the play where the ball looked like it may or may not of hit the rim. If the Lakers simply get that damn rebound then there is no debate over whether or not it hit the rim. Oh, and down by six, Odom on the fast break, kicks it out to Artist for a 3 point shot. Odom is just soft in the mind. He should have attacked the basket for a layup to cut it to 4.

But the Lakers did what they needed in Boston. It would have been great to get two wins there, but they needed 1. I really don't like that they are in the position to have to win both home games, but that's what home court advantage is about. The Celtics have just as much pressure on them as the Lakers do, because they're going to have to fight at an even higher level to win a close out game in LA.

This series has gone how it should have. The Celtics have had one extra game at home, and they have a one game lead. No surprise, and no need to panic. Home court is so huge in the NBA, and the Lakers will play a lot better at home.

Beating the Celtics in Game 7 puts a smile on my face. ;D That's way better than beating the Magic.

I didn't get to see the segment, what is the story with Fisher's daughter?

Jason in LA
06-14-2010, 11:13 AM
I didn't get to see the segment, what is the story with Fisher's daughter?

The story about his daughter having eye cancer when she was a baby. It was an interview of Fisher and his wife and what they had to go through to get their daughter healthy. It showed clips of their daughter when she was a baby and showed her looking like a normal healthy kid now. I couldn't hear the entire interview because a lot of people were talking where I was, so I'm not sure if they mentioned anything about the classless fans in Utah who booed him, but even if they didn't mention that it made Utah look really bad. The guy left to get his kid healthy, and he took a huge pay cut when he signed with the Lakers.

Jason in LA
06-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't worry. The C's will ensure that this problem will never get past the "potential" stage. ;D

That's one problem I'll gladly deal with. As soon as he walks the stage we're bouncing.

Jason in LA
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Go Celts!!!!!!

Beat LA!!!!!!!

Soooo... the Lakers couldn't win a game in Denver? Hilarious!

Paladin
06-14-2010, 02:36 PM
That was soooooo yesteryear. Gotta live in the past, eh, boy?

Jason in LA
06-14-2010, 03:51 PM
That was soooooo yesteryear. Gotta live in the past, eh, boy?

Wow, you dropped a "boy" label on me.

Anyway, seeing that pretty much every post I've had in this thread is about this year, I'm obviously not living in the past.

I brought that up because you pretty much punked out last year after you talked all that trash and didn't stick around to own up to it. That was pretty weak. I find your Lakers hatred extremely funny. It's pretty awesome. Sucks that your Nuggets can't win like my Lakers. Well, sucks for you, great for me.

azbroncfan
06-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Utah look really bad. .

Even though Utah let him out of his contract which they didn't have to do and he signed in LA within a couple days. It was classless of a couple fans to throw that in his face but the Utah organization handled him better than most would have.

azbroncfan
06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
LA fans have really died off this thread I noticed. They will be back after game 6 as I think LA will win that one.

ZONA
06-15-2010, 12:09 AM

It went both ways. There were 2 occasions I saw Gasol clearly push with both hands in the back to claim an offensive rebound and putback. Those blocked shots against him were lagit. He's now having to be the "bang" guy for the Lakers with Bynum not playing much and he's showing alot of banging gets to him. It goes with playing center.

24champ
06-15-2010, 02:02 AM
LA fans have really died off this thread I noticed.

Yeah...it really died off. ::)

It's been 7 hours since the last Laker fan that posted and you post that? It's a friggin off day for Christ sake. :rofl:

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Yeah...it really died off. ::)

It's been 7 hours since the last Laker fan that posted and you post that? It's a friggin off day for Christ sake. :rofl:

Jason from LA isn't grouped in with the rest of you obnonxious LA fans. All throught the playoffs you guys were posting left and right and now you guys have fallen off a bit. It's expected though because you guys have to be genuinely concerned now and are about out of excuses.

cousinal11
06-15-2010, 06:29 AM
It went both ways. There were 2 occasions I saw Gasol clearly push with both hands in the back to claim an offensive rebound and putback. Those blocked shots against him were lagit. He's now having to be the "bang" guy for the Lakers with Bynum not playing much and he's showing alot of banging gets to him. It goes with playing center.

That "charge" Kobe took in mid-air on Rondo was pretty awesome, too. The 2 fouls behind the 3-point line on Boston were weak, IMO.

Officials have been bad both ways. I feel like Game 1 was the worst, but I'm a Celtic fan.

Tonight is the series IMO. Should be a battle.

Jason in LA
06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Boston shot the lights out in Game 5 at home, I don't seem them shooting nearly as well in LA. In Game 5 they shot 56%, and were shooting like 70% through 3 periods. Teams always shoot better at home. The Lakers shot 39%. I'd say that they'll shoot better at home.

The Celtics bench has come up big the last two games, but that's what role players do at home. I don't think they'll be nearly as big in LA.

One thing that does worry me is Kobe wanting to win so bad that he tries to do it by himself. So his teammates better step up early in the game or he will take it upon himself to take over, and that won't be a good thing.

Jason in LA
06-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I looked at the NBA Finals since they went to the 2-3-2 format in '85. The road team has led 3-2 four times.

It appears that when the road team has a 3-2 advantage, they better win Game 6. That's what the Bulls did against Utah in '98. They had a 3-2 lead and won Game 6 at Utah. If Jordan was called for that push off on the game winning shot, if we go by history, Utah would have won that series in 7.

The '94 Rockets/Knicks series went exactly like this Lakers/Celtics series. They split the first two games in Houston, the Rockets won Game 3 and lost 4 and 5 in New York. Down 3-2 the Rockets won both games at home to win the title.

The '88 Lakers/Pistons series is almost like this Lakers/Celtics series. Only difference is that the Pistons won Game 1 in LA. The Lakers won Games 2 and 3 before going down 3-2 heading back to LA, where they won both games to win the title.

In the '85 Lakers/Celtics series they split the first two games in Boston, the Lakers won two of the games in LA. Up 3-2 heading back to Boston, the Lakers won the title in Game 6.

If we go by history, it's either the Celtics win in 6 games or the Lakers win in 7 games.

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 09:52 AM
The Celtics bench has come up big the last two games, but that's what role players do at home. I don't think they'll be nearly as big in LA.

Celtics bench didn't do much the last game. 9 total pts isn't what I would call coming up big. Last game was won by the big 4 and kobe ball. Your right though on road vs the home games with role players though.

worm
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Tonight is the Series. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

To be a great Champion...you need a worthy adversary. It is all there for the Lakers if they find a way to win the next two.

Mr.Meanie
06-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Celtics bench didn't do much the last game. 9 total pts isn't what I would call coming up big. Last game was won by the big 4 and kobe ball. Your right though on road vs the home games with role players though.

They won because of kobe ball? The only reason the Lakers were even within 2 possessions by the end of the game was Kobe's flat out dominance. Everyone else looked like complete garbage out there... especially the Amazing Disappearing Odom Act (again), and Artest being terrified to contribute even slightly on the offensive end.

cousinal11
06-15-2010, 10:05 AM
If we go by history, it's either the Celtics win in 6 games or the Lakers win in 7 games.

Agree 100%.

Jason in LA
06-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Kobe didn't shoot the Lakers out of Game 5, I'd say he shot them into Game 5. Now, he totally shot the Celtics back into Game 3. The team was shooting well, he was shooting bad, but he kept shooting. I was pretty pissed at that. Thanks for Fisher for saving Kobe's ass because if the Lakers had lost that game it would have been totally his fault. It allowed the Celtics to get back in the game. But when the team goes cold and Kobe is hot, then he has to take over. If he didn't the Celtics might have blown that Game 5 wide open.

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 10:50 AM
It appears that when the road team has a 3-2 advantage, they better win Game 6. That's what the Bulls did against Utah in '98. They had a 3-2 lead and won Game 6 at Utah. If Jordan was called for that push off on the game winning shot, if we go by history, Utah would have won that series in 7. .

Push off wouldn't of mattered either with if the NBA back then reviewed 3 pt shots. It would of taken off a Harper 3 that was a good second late and allowed an Eisley 3. That was a six point swing that I am still bitter about. Even after the Jordan push off Utah got a shot but just missed.

Jason in LA
06-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Push off wouldn't of mattered either with if the NBA back then reviewed 3 pt shots. It would of taken off a Harper 3 that was a good second late and allowed an Eisley 3. That was a six point swing that I am still bitter about. Even after the Jordan push off Utah got a shot but just missed.

True. But if it did go to a Game 7, I'd say that the Jazz would have taken it. Home teams historically win Game 7s. So the Celtics need to win tonight.

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 11:12 AM
True. But if it did go to a Game 7, I'd say that the Jazz would have taken it. Home teams historically win Game 7s. So the Celtics need to win tonight.

Yep just like you said it's boston in 6 or LA in 7.

24champ
06-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Jason from LA isn't grouped in with the rest of you obnonxious LA fans. All throught the playoffs you guys were posting left and right and now you guys have fallen off a bit. It's expected though because you guys have to be genuinely concerned now and are about out of excuses.

Oh I see, now Jason wasn't the kind of Laker fan you were referring to. Gee whiz, I should have known! I should have known that when you said "Laker fans" that it only applied to a couple people on this thread. ROFL!

But seriously, you're quickly challenging Zona for lamebrain poster of the NBA Thread title.

55CrushEm
06-15-2010, 12:38 PM
I looked at the NBA Finals since they went to the 2-3-2 format in '85. The road team has led 3-2 four times.

It appears that when the road team has a 3-2 advantage, they better win Game 6. That's what the Bulls did against Utah in '98. They had a 3-2 lead and won Game 6 at Utah. If Jordan was called for that push off on the game winning shot, if we go by history, Utah would have won that series in 7.

The '94 Rockets/Knicks series went exactly like this Lakers/Celtics series. They split the first two games in Houston, the Rockets won Game 3 and lost 4 and 5 in New York. Down 3-2 the Rockets won both games at home to win the title.

The '88 Lakers/Pistons series is almost like this Lakers/Celtics series. Only difference is that the Pistons won Game 1 in LA. The Lakers won Games 2 and 3 before going down 3-2 heading back to LA, where they won both games to win the title.

In the '85 Lakers/Celtics series they split the first two games in Boston, the Lakers won two of the games in LA. Up 3-2 heading back to Boston, the Lakers won the title in Game 6.

Another series where the "road" team lead after 5 games was the Bulls (who ultimately won) in 1993. They played Barkley's Phoenix Suns.....The Bulls won the first 2 games in Phoenix, then Phoenix won 2 of 3 in Chicago....then Chicago won game six in Phoenix. So, in summary.....in that 6 game series, the road team won every game except for one.....Phoenix was 0-3 at home that series. Chicago was 1-2.

55CrushEm
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
And another......in 2006, the "road" Heat led the Mavs 3-2 after 5 games, and won in 6....the Mavs actually took the first 2 at home, Miami then won all three at home, then took game 6 in Dallas, winning 4 in a row and upsetting the Mavs.

But you are right.......since the 2-3-2 format took effect in 1985, there have been 6 road teams leading 3-2 after five games. Four of them won the series in the 6th game, and two lost in 7. So, yes, history says the road team wraps it up in 6, or else they lose the series.

BUT, there have been 2 other teams, since the 2-3-3 format, that have won NBA Finals as the "road" team.....but they did it in 5 games or less.....i.e. the series never went back to the home teams' courts for a 6th or 7th game......and those were.....

1995 - Houston Rockets beat Orlando in a 4-0 sweep....winning the first 2 in Orlando, then the next 2 in Houston.

2004 - Detroit Pistons beat the Lakers 4-1.....splitting the first 2 in L.A., then winning all 3 games in Detroit.

So, in summary, in the 25 previous 2-3-2 format NBA Finals.....the team that did NOT have home court has won only six of the series.....Boston could be the seventh.

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 03:27 PM
But seriously, you're quickly challenging Zona for lamebrain poster of the NBA Thread title.

Lakers just played harder and want it more than the Celtics do. Lakers are a great road team, and that hasn't been talked about a lot lately. The difference in this series is that the Lakers are really focused and determined to repeat. All you have to do is take a look at the hustle play by Kobe Bryant taking the ball away from KG and then tossing it to Bynum for a 3 point play. I don't even need to talk about Fisher and how bad he wanted game 3. Couple that with the fact that Boston can't defend our big guys, Bynum and Gasol have been doing a pretty good job the past 3 games. Lamar showed up in Game 3 as well. Celtics are in big trouble.

Kobe is due for a big game in this series, probably going to happen in game 4 and finish off the Celtics.

What about this braindead prediction from you? Let me guess it is some outside force that is allowing Boston to beat up on LA and it isn't that they have just out played them.

bombay
06-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Celtics need to sack up tonight.

55CrushEm
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
What about this braindead prediction from you? Let me guess it is some outside force that is allowing Boston to beat up on LA and it isn't that they have just out played them.

Yeah.....Gasol has been forced to be the "physical" forward with Bynum now being a gimp.

In all 5 games, LA has scored fewer points than the game before, which includes Kobe's big outburst in game 5.

Once again, Doc Rivers is outcoaching the mighty Phil Jackson. LA had everything going for them entering this series.....

1. Best 2 players in the series (Kobe and Gasol)
2. Home court
3. "Best" coach

The local guys on the radio here in Boston made a good point today.....Boston is winning this series because they are the better "team".....and the reason is that the superstars all trust each other....totally. Anyone of them trusts the others to take over, or make the "big shot". Kobe, on the other hand, does not seem to totally trust his teammates.....there is doubt there....and that, expectedly and obviously, is effecting their chemistry....at least in this series.

Now.....with that said....this series is far from over....and I believe the refs will call it very tight tonight, forcing another free throw shooting contest, similar to games 1 & 2.....advantage Lakers in game 6.

gunns
06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
One thing that does worry me is Kobe wanting to win so bad that he tries to do it by himself. So his teammates better step up early in the game or he will take it upon himself to take over, and that won't be a good thing.

That's it exactly. Kobe can take over a regular season game, against some teams, but not in a finals, he needs the team.

24champ
06-15-2010, 05:58 PM

You're like the Bobo of this thread...deflect all you want from your lame post of Laker fans aren't posting enough to your liking on an off day. :giggle:

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 06:00 PM
You're like the Bobo of this thread...deflect all you want from your lame post of Laker fans aren't posting enough to your liking on an off day. :giggle:

Didn't keep you guys from yapping days on end up until game 4 of the finals. LA is unstoppable, refs are out against them, Queen James, etc. You guys would just go on and on now you have been much quieter which is expected. A loss tonight and you'll be back next year.

24champ
06-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Didn't keep you guys from yapping days on end up until game 4 of the finals. LA is unstoppable, refs are out against them, Queen James, etc. You guys would just go on and on now you have been much quieter which is expected. A loss tonight and you'll be back next year.

You and every Jizz fan are completely obsessed with the Lakers and its fans. I guess when Lakers oust your Jizz team seemingly every year, it's understandable why you would be grasping for straws in trying to flame Laker fans in this thread. Hilarious!