PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

24champ
05-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Odom was money and Gasol was his normal dominant self too... Totally dismantled the suns!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/bf/fullj.0124ec6e005bbcbf9cb44bafa1ae537e/0124ec6e005bbcbf9cb44bafa1ae537e-getty-98859827kd001_phoenix_suns_.jpg

24champ
05-17-2010, 11:28 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/35l821x.jpg

Hilarious!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-18-2010, 12:04 AM

Hilarious!

Ha!

This could be a short series for the Suns - but if you're Grant "Over The" Hill, it will probably seem like an eternity.

ZONA
05-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Hilarious!

and Phil was complaining about Nash palming the ball, jesus.

ZONA
05-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Where did the thread about Phil Jackson talking trash go? That one was funny. One person claimed Phil's mind games get the Lakers more calls. Well for a seventh time in 11 playoff games, the Lakers opponent shot more free throws then them. The Suns shot 32 to the Lakers 22. The Lakers opponents have shot more free throws then them in the playoffs. The refs must be trying to keep these games close.

I know it's hard for you Laker fans to remember anything besides what Kobe's sack looks like but if you remember, I said I don't know why Jackson does that because the refs DON'T change how they call the game. I said I think the refs have actually been calling pretty damn good games so far in this years playoffs. So whine all you want about it but I haven't seen anybody in here saying that the Lakers get all the calls. Can you show a quote from somebody who is saying that?

Yeah, Kobe went off tonight, he can do that. It's nice to have the best player in the league aint it? It spoils you. One of the best shooting nights by the Lakers in a long time. I seriously doubt they shoot it that well next game.

Bring on the Celtics you say huh? You guys are about as lame as it gets. So Boston win one game and they are automatically in the Finals. Sheeesh.

broncocalijohn
05-18-2010, 12:46 AM
lol! Maybe it is because we want the Celtics to get revenge. We already played Orlando so time to make Boston our biatch. Zona, you are better off not posting for awhile. Spoils us for the best coach, forwards and guard in the league. It spoils us with guys that want to win and experience to win.

ZONA
05-18-2010, 12:56 AM
lol! Maybe it is because we want the Celtics to get revenge. We already played Orlando so time to make Boston our biatch. Zona, you are better off not posting for awhile. Spoils us for the best coach, forwards and guard in the league. It spoils us with guys that want to win and experience to win.

It will take alot more then a handful of Laker fans to run me off of a Broncos forum. Nice try though.

Jason in LA
05-18-2010, 01:02 AM
I know it's hard for you Laker fans to remember anything besides what Kobe's sack looks like but if you remember, I said I don't know why Jackson does that because the refs DON'T change how they call the game. I said I think the refs have actually been calling pretty damn good games so far in this years playoffs. So whine all you want about it but I haven't seen anybody in here saying that the Lakers get all the calls. Can you show a quote from somebody who is saying that?

Yeah, Kobe went off tonight, he can do that. It's nice to have the best player in the league aint it? It spoils you. One of the best shooting nights by the Lakers in a long time. I seriously doubt they shoot it that well next game.

Bring on the Celtics you say huh? You guys are about as lame as it gets. So Boston win one game and they are automatically in the Finals. Sheeesh.

Don't be so butt hurt ;D

I wasn't referring to you as the one who said that the Lakers got all the calls. In that thread somebody said that Phil Jackson's mind games worked on the refs and that it got them more calls. I pointed out that the Lakers have shot less free throws than their opponents in the playoffs by a lot.

As for the Lakers shooting well, they shot the ball really well in their sweep over Utah. They seemed to have woken up after getting blown out in game 4 against the Thunder. They've been playing extremely well since, and have shot the ball very well. They are really hot. Don't count on them cooling off yet.

Jason in LA
05-18-2010, 01:03 AM
So Boston win one game and they are automatically in the Finals. Sheeesh.

Nope, Boston isn't, but the Lakers nearly are. lol

Jason in LA
05-18-2010, 01:05 AM
It will take alot more then a handful of Laker fans to run me off of a Broncos forum. Nice try though.

I think he meant in this thread. It's just going to get worse.

HAT
05-18-2010, 01:09 AM

I think most Laker homers are just wishful thinking here....Celts win & Lakes get home court. I wish it were so.

In reality....Boston has a less than a 10% chance of taking 'Lando down in the ECF.

Orlando is still my odds on Fav to win it all.

OBF1
05-18-2010, 01:10 AM

You whine more than a $2 whore who just got stiffed... Ha!

PS: What is it like having Kobe Sack Envy KSE???

cutthemdown
05-18-2010, 01:15 AM
About what I expected. Lakers probably win a couple games like this in this series. Suns just don't have the size or a player who can stop Kobe.

Looks like another trip to the finals for the Lake Show.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-18-2010, 02:20 AM
You whine more than a $2 whore who just got stiffed... Ha!

PS: What is it like having Kobe Sack Envy KSE???

Ha! ROFL!

Jason in LA
05-18-2010, 08:14 AM
I think most Laker homers are just wishful thinking here....Celts win & Lakes get home court. I wish it were so.

In reality....Boston has a less than a 10% chance of taking 'Lando down in the ECF.

Less than 10% chance of winning? Are you serious? That's wishful thinking so your pick would be right. That series is not a wrap for the Celtic in any way, but right now I'd give them more than a 50% chance of winning. If tonight goes anything like game 1 then this series is a wrap.

And Lakers fans don't want the Celtics simply because of home court advantage. It's the Celtics! Beating them for the title is way better than beating the Magic because of the history between the two teams, especially because of two years ago. It means a whole lot more. When the Lakers won their second title in the 3 peat, I was rooting for the Celtics to beat the 76ers in the eastern conference finals so the Lakers could beat the crap out of them. It's all about history.

ohiobronco2
05-18-2010, 08:26 AM
And a big 19/19 for "The Human Swiss Army Knife." :~ohyah!:

http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2009/09/lamar_odom2.jpg

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/stunoicecluh7.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

BUT BUT BUT.....Kobe's supporting cast isn't as good as LeBron's......Blah.Blah.Blah....The Cavs had the best record so his team must be better....Blah.Blah.Blah. Odom is one of the most versitile players in the NBA. Very underrated. He would start on most teams.

ohiobronco2
05-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Less than 10% chance of winning? Are you serious? That's wishful thinking so your pick would be right. That series is not a wrap for the Celtic in any way, but right now I'd give them more than a 50% chance of winning. If tonight goes anything like game 1 then this series is a wrap.

And Lakers fans don't want the Celtics simply because of home court advantage. It's the Celtics! Beating them for the title is way better than beating the Magic because of the history between the two teams, especially because of two years ago. It means a whole lot more. When the Lakers won their second title in the 3 peat, I was rooting for the Celtics to beat the 76ers in the eastern conference finals so the Lakers could beat the crap out of them. It's all about history.

Yeah. I'd say that the Celtics will beat Orlando in 6 or better. For most casual basketball fans, they would probably like to see Celtics vs. Lakers as well.

ohiobronco2
05-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Went fishing and sporting this tee...
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2009/06/21/0621_lebron_57433ex_james_b-gr_01-1.jpg

http://people.ucsc.edu/~bberg/hook.jpg

Beantown Bronco
05-18-2010, 08:33 AM

In reality? What "reality" would that be?

Mr.Meanie
05-18-2010, 08:42 AM

previous page:
****ing POS refs keep handing the Lakers these games. Bastards!

Jason in LA
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
So whine all you want about it but I haven't seen anybody in here saying that the Lakers get all the calls. Can you show a quote from somebody who is saying that?

I don't see the thread that you started about Phil Jackson's comments. There were at least two people in that thread who said that the Lakers get all the calls, and one said that if Kobe simply gets touched he gets a foul called. If that thread is still up then I could send you those quotes.

24champ
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
BUT BUT BUT.....Kobe's supporting cast isn't as good as LeBron's......Blah.Blah.Blah....The Cavs had the best record so his team must be better....Blah.Blah.Blah. Odom is one of the most versitile players in the NBA. Very underrated. He would start on most teams.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/Blaakmajik/3074315863_8a78a77bcb_o.jpg

ohiobronco2
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/Blaakmajik/3074315863_8a78a77bcb_o.jpg

Sorry. Can't see your picture. It's going to take you years to be able to post crappy Youtube videos at this rate.

azbroncfan
05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Until road team wins it isn't a series. No need to get all excited and call it a sweep or 5 game series. If i remember correctly the Nugget fans did same thing in round one. Granted LAL are much better than Denver.

broncocalijohn
05-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Until road team wins it isn't a series. No need to get all excited and call it a sweep or 5 game series. If i remember correctly the Nugget fans did same thing in round one. Granted LAL are much better than Denver.

and why we are chipping with attitude. Plus, we are much better than the Suns.

24champ
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
By Bill Plaschke

"What do you think?" Bryant said, glaring.

Well, Monday night, after watching a golden rage pour out of him like pure lava from jagged and smoldering rocks, here's what I think.

This is Kobe with a bigger chip on his shoulder than in his knee. This is Kobe holding a memory as painful as his finger. This is, on or off the court, the most unstoppable Kobe that anybody can encounter.

This is payback Kobe.

"It's never personal with me," Bryant said late Monday, smiling.

Which means it's always personal, and certainly against a Suns team Bryant had just knocked silly with his baggage in the Lakers' 128-107 victory at Staples Center in the Western Conference finals opener.

You want to pin the Lakers' previous postseason failures against the Suns under his watch on him? Pin this — 40 points in 35 minutes on 23 shots, wow after wow after wow.

"Part of it was to show them that we're a different team than the one that they face,'' he said, clearly referring to previous playoff losses. "It was important in Game 1 to show them that this was going to be a fight.''

You want to think his drained right knee is too sore? Drain this — 21 points in a third quarter in which he attempted 16 field goals and free throws and missed only three.

"Just lost weight,'' he said of the effects of draining on his knee, a procedure that The Times reported occurred earlier this spring. "Lost a couple of pounds.''

You think he's too old to hang against a running team? Run with this —leading by seven at the start of that third period, he scored on a fadeaway, a floater, a three-pointer, a layup, two jump shots, three free throws and a dunk in the first nine minutes.

He showed the grinding teeth. He showed the angry stare. He would dribble into Grant Hill's face, then fall backward for two. He would muscle around Jared Dudley, then fall forward for two more.

"He hit some shots,'' said the oft-beaten Hill, pausing, correcting himself. "He hit some tough shots.''

Dudley shrugged and said, "He just had it going today. I mean, he really had it going.''

Bryant didn't just beat the Suns on the court, he beat them in their heads, with Hill and Dudley exhausting so much effort on defense that they combined to go two for 13.

"He kind of controlled the whole game," Suns Coach Alvin Gentry said of Bryant. "Those shots he was making, you can't do anything about.''

Bryant obviously benefitted from a week's worth of rest — he had not really practiced since the Lakers finished their four-game sweep of the Utah Jazz.

My legs benefited a lot,'' he said. "Take some time off. Just get stronger. like a training camp all over again. ... Now I feel I have two legs to play with.''

But he was also fueled by three years' worth of haunting.

Surely you remember the 2006 and 2007 playoff losses to the Suns? They were the Lakers' first postseason games since the trade of Shaquille O'Neal, the first chance for Bryant to show his stuff as a team leader, and he failed miserably.

The first series ended with Bryant's alleged tanking of Game 7, a charge he vehemently denied again several days ago.

The second series ended with Bryant openly complaining about a lack of help, a public gripe session that devolved into a summer-long sass.

In many ways, good ways, he is a different Bryant now. But in many ways —the ways that win championships — he is not.

He works a grudge like he was working an undersized forward. He strives not only for victory, but vindication. When he took the court Monday, he didn't see just see a team from Phoenix, he felt the tug of one of the most miserable times of his career, and he was prepared to finally tug back.

"He was going to shoulder the game," Coach Phil Jackson said. "He was going to take it on.''

And when he did, even his teammates shook their heads.

"You kind of get used to it,'' Shannon Brown said. "But then sometimes, you're out there like, 'Wow.'''

Bryant answered last week's question from Brad Turner with more than just a question.

After saying, "What do you think?'' he paused, looked at Turner, and said, "You already know.''

We do now.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20100518,0,1999405.column?page=2

cutthemdown
05-18-2010, 03:08 PM
The suns lakers series is already over. Anyone who thinks Suns have a shot is kidding themselves and ignoring the obvious. If Kobe or Gasol go down then Suns have a chance. Otherwise it will be over in 4 or 5 games.

Lopez being back gave them some life, but i bet he get's worst as series goes on.

FADERPROOF
05-18-2010, 03:19 PM
The best player in the game shows why he is.

ohiobronco2
05-18-2010, 03:41 PM
The suns lakers series is already over. Anyone who thinks Suns have a shot is kidding themselves and ignoring the obvious. If Kobe or Gasol go down then Suns have a chance. Otherwise it will be over in 4 or 5 games.

Lopez being back gave them some life, but i bet he get's worst as series goes on.

I'd say Pheonix takes one game at home. I expect it to be over in 5. The Lakers big men are too skilled.

ohiobronco2
05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
:spit: Look at Kobe in this picture. Damn Brown was high.

cutthemdown
05-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I'd say Pheonix takes one game at home. I expect it to be over in 5. The Lakers big men are too skilled.

It really is a complete package though. Size, skill, star power, coaching, tradition, confidence. Lakers have it all.

cutthemdown
05-18-2010, 04:13 PM
How many teams have a players like Odom on the bench? Sure he hasn't played as well as he should in that 6th spot but now that playoffs are here he's a huge factor.

He would start on most of the teams Lakers face.

TDmvp
05-18-2010, 04:40 PM
How many teams have a players like Odom on the bench? Sure he hasn't played as well as he should in that 6th spot but now that playoffs are here he's a huge factor.

He would start on most of the teams Lakers face.

The Celtics ... Davis , Wallace .

cutthemdown
05-18-2010, 04:48 PM
The Celtics ... Davis , Wallace .

And what 2 teams seem headed for a showdown? Exactly.

It's going to come down to another epic Lakers/Celtics championship.

Maximus
05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
:spit: Look at Kobe in this picture. Damn Brown was high.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wa1GKF2gBA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wa1GKF2gBA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Man-Goblin
05-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Washington should have to forfeit the 1st pick because their uniforms and team name suck so bad.

Maximus
05-18-2010, 06:44 PM
The Clippers should be banned from the lottery... They are in it every year!!!

2KBack
05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Washington should have to forfeit the 1st pick because their uniforms and team name suck so bad.

Agreed. It's even worse considering the bullets were one of the better team names.

RhymesayersDU
05-18-2010, 07:20 PM

I agree and disagree at the same time. I agree, I hate the name Wizards and hate their color scheme. BUT the reason for the change I think was noble (owner didn't want to continue with violent connotations) and wasn't a play to make money off merchandise like so many do these days.

If any franchise needed this, it's them. They can really let Gilbert rot now.

RhymesayersDU
05-18-2010, 11:01 PM
So I'm slowly talking myself into the Celts/Lakers being a GREAT finals.

I just think that (1) Rondo will rape and (2) KG will negate Pau, Big Baby can negate Bynum who is on one leg, etc.

I still think the Lakers win because Kobe isn't going to be denied, but I think the Celts can combat a lot of the length that the Lakers have, which is the key to their success.

I know I'm going to get lambasted by the Laker contingent, but I think the Finals potentially could be really competitive.

Jason in LA
05-18-2010, 11:05 PM

So you were saying?

ZONA
05-18-2010, 11:51 PM
So I'm slowly talking myself into the Celts/Lakers being a GREAT finals.

I just think that (1) Rondo will rape and (2) KG will negate Pau, Big Baby can negate Bynum who is on one leg, etc.

I still think the Lakers win because Kobe isn't going to be denied, but I think the Celts can combat a lot of the length that the Lakers have, which is the key to their success.

I know I'm going to get lambasted by the Laker contingent, but I think the Finals potentially could be really competitive.

Nah, that doesn't happen here. Hilarious! Guys like Kobe don't come around often at all. One day he will retire and I doubt they get that lucky again, to find a player like him. Yep, I'd say in about 4 years there will be no more Kobe, no more Jackson, no more winning............muahahahaha.

I just hope to hell Amare doesn't bail on the Suns and go land in showtown. Nah, they can't afford it. I'm sure they're already way over the cap as it is.

broncocalijohn
05-19-2010, 01:07 AM
LOL! And you think guys like Steve Nash are going to live forever? Lakers vs Celtics is what everyone is rooting for. Sorry, but a Magic vs Suns matchup would suck balls. That last line is for Zona and his love affair with guys junk.

ZONA
05-19-2010, 01:58 AM
LOL! And you think guys like Steve Nash are going to live forever? Lakers vs Celtics is what everyone is rooting for. Sorry, but a Magic vs Suns matchup would suck balls. That last line is for Zona and his love affair with guys junk.

Nice try flamer, I'm not the one holding a pink trophy. :strong:

cutthemdown
05-19-2010, 03:14 AM
No doubt Lakers and Celtics will be an epic battle. Looks like it is headed that way that is. Really until Lakers get up by 2 games Suns still could make a comeback. it's a slim chance though.

I do think that Celtics match up well with Lakers. It would be a huge, physical series.

ZONA
05-19-2010, 03:32 AM
No doubt Lakers and Celtics will be an epic battle. Looks like it is headed that way that is. Really until Lakers get up by 2 games Suns still could make a comeback. it's a slim chance though.

I do think that Celtics match up well with Lakers. It would be a huge, physical series.

Yeah, they should. They beat em 2 years ago and if anything, Rondo is a much better player then he was before. The Celtics are by far the best defensive team this year, and especially of late.

cutthemdown
05-19-2010, 04:06 AM
Yeah, they should. They beat em 2 years ago and if anything, Rondo is a much better player then he was before. The Celtics are by far the best defensive team this year, and especially of late.

What people over look about the Lakers defense is the 3 point defense. No team get's after 3 point shooters like the Lakers do. I think they key to beating them is not taking the 3. Teams have trouble not taking 3's though. it's a new fad of the NBA last 5-6 yrs.

I guess the main advantage Lakers have is Kobe. He is just a level more special then any one player on the Celtics. Even as big of a star as KG has been.

I think after Kobe was asked by Shaq what his rectum tastes like Kobe has been on a mission. The fact people don't like him is what fuels his killer instinct.

Kobe one of those players who makes a team pay when they play bad defense. He doesn't let them off the hook. If you are lazy playing back he will pop a 3, if you play to tight he will go around you, if you play him perfect he just hits a fall away with you in his face.

The reason I feel he is best NBA is because even when you physically play him perfect he can still beat you. IMO Lebron just a freak who dominates you with his athletic prowess.

ZONA
05-19-2010, 05:01 AM
What people over look about the Lakers defense is the 3 point defense. No team get's after 3 point shooters like the Lakers do. I think they key to beating them is not taking the 3. Teams have trouble not taking 3's though. it's a new fad of the NBA last 5-6 yrs.

I guess the main advantage Lakers have is Kobe. He is just a level more special then any one player on the Celtics. Even as big of a star as KG has been.

I think after Kobe was asked by Shaq what his rectum tastes like Kobe has been on a mission. The fact people don't like him is what fuels his killer instinct.

Kobe one of those players who makes a team pay when they play bad defense. He doesn't let them off the hook. If you are lazy playing back he will pop a 3, if you play to tight he will go around you, if you play him perfect he just hits a fall away with you in his face.

The reason I feel he is best NBA is because even when you physically play him perfect he can still beat you. IMO Lebron just a freak who dominates you with his athletic prowess.

True, but Kobe was still doing his thing and the Celtics still beat them. If it is the Lakers vs Celtics, it's going to be interesting to see if Jackson decides to comeback if they lose. If they win, I think he comes back for another year for sure. But, I'm still not counting the Suns out yet. If they go down 2-0 then it's going to be almost impossible to win the series. But they still have a chance to steal home court tonight. I mean, the Lakers were shooting RED hot and everything was falling for them and the Suns were still within 8 or 10 points for most of the game, and they didn't shoot so great. We'll see if they can get those shots falling the next game. I know the Laker fans will start blasting away that there is no chance at all, but I've seen stranger things in sports, and that's why they play the games.

Damn, 4AM - I better get to bed and get some sleep. Damn golf game is so addicting, can't stop playing, lol.

Beantown Bronco
05-19-2010, 05:06 AM
So you were saying?

Seriously. Hat's statement was laughable enough when he said it. Now? Unreal level of comedy gold.

Man-Goblin
05-19-2010, 07:58 AM
I agree and disagree at the same time. I agree, I hate the name Wizards and hate their color scheme. BUT the reason for the change I think was noble (owner didn't want to continue with violent connotations) and wasn't a play to make money off merchandise like so many do these days.

If any franchise needed this, it's them. They can really let Gilbert rot now.

I understand why they changed the name. But it still doesn't excuse them for creating something so offensive to my eyes.

Also, if they are going to succeed, they need Gilbert to perform. They can't trade him and his contract limits them from going out and getting players to surround Wall.

Jason in LA
05-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Seriously. Hat's statement was laughable enough when he said it. Now? Unreal level of comedy gold.

I wonder if he'll be back in this thread after that statement. Talk about epic fail.

broncocalijohn
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Nice try flamer, I'm not the one holding a pink trophy. :strong:

I dont select them, just win 'em. Plus, pink bowling balls are... yes, pretty gay.

24champ
05-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Lets go Lake Show!

http://i46.tinypic.com/14wu4r5.gif

PaintballCLE
05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
I dont select them, just win 'em. Plus, pink bowling balls are... yes, pretty gay.

441 - 3 game series? so a 147 average gets you a trophy? LOL

ZONA
05-19-2010, 09:10 PM

That's why it was pink. It was for the guy who rolled the worst 3 game average. :thumbs:

But I couldn't average 147. I suck at bowling. I always had a knac for getting splits and could not overcome the rage. :giggle:

ZONA
05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Lets go Lake Show!

That's pretty damn funny. Gasol on the drums, hahaha. Who was the stupid team who let him go anyway? Morons.

ZONA
05-19-2010, 09:15 PM
So what's your take on the new Russion billionaire saying he thinks the Nets could be in the finals next year? I think they could have a decent team but if they land a big FA, they certainly could be in the playoffs.

From winning 12 games to the playoffs, would that be the best turnaround in NBA history?

RhymesayersDU
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
lets go lake show!

best. Gif. Ever.

TDmvp
05-19-2010, 09:20 PM
best. Gif. Ever.

nah ... I vote this ...

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk14/a7xgino/lakers.gif

http://digitalderek.typepad.com/sawxblog/photos/2008/regular_season/may/BEAT_LA.jpg

24champ
05-19-2010, 09:27 PM
nah ... I vote this ...

http://digitalderek.typepad.com/sawxblog/photos/2008/regular_season/may/BEAT_LA.jpg

8')

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/eureca323/greentogold.jpg

Jason in LA
05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
well at least the Suns showed up tonight... and still lost by double digits.

Maximus
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
best. Gif. Ever.

Hys-Fuggin-Sterical Gif Hilarious!

24champ
05-19-2010, 09:47 PM
well at least the Suns showed up tonight... and still lost by double digits.

I thought the Lakers played crappy on D, Kobe missed some assignments and doubled on Grant Hill of all people on the Suns. Lakers and Phil Jackson have a couple days to make some adjustments.

azbroncfan
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow Utah played LA tougher than the SUNS. Hard to win allowing 120 plus pts a game.

ZONA
05-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Man alive is Amare dissappointing. His offense is hurting a bit in this series but it's his horrible defense that is just killing the Suns. They were right in this game despite Amare basically just letting guys walk right to the rim. On that screen late in the game, he's just standing flat footed with no anticipation or anything. He has no defensive awareness at all. He's a good shot blocker but there's not much more he's good at on the defensive side of the ball.

Oh well, it's going back to Phoenix now. I expect Frye to shoot better at home (he always does) and Farmar and Artest should shoot worse, since they always do on the road. The Suns actually had decent perimeter defense tonight. It's just Amare can't play any defense on the inside at all. If he was even decent at it, they easily could have won that game. I just can't believe he is that bad on defense. It's painful to watch.

Props to Hill for a great game. And Dudly also, doing it on both ends. If the rest of the Suns could only play defense half as good as Dudley, oh well, they don't so it doesn't matter.

Jason in LA
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Man alive is Amare dissappointing. His offense is hurting a bit in this series but it's his horrible defense that is just killing the Suns. They were right in this game despite Amare basically just letting guys walk right to the rim. On that screen late in the game, he's just standing flat footed with no anticipation or anything. He has no defensive awareness at all. He's a good shot blocker but there's not much more he's good at on the defensive side of the ball.

Oh well, it's going back to Phoenix now. I expect Frye to shoot better at home (he always does) and Farmar and Artest should shoot worse, since they always do on the road. The Suns actually had decent perimeter defense tonight. It's just Amare can't play any defense on the inside at all. If he was even decent at it, they easily could have won that game. I just can't believe he is that bad on defense. It's painful to watch.

Props to Hill for a great game. And Dudly also, doing it on both ends. If the rest of the Suns could only play defense half as good as Dudley, oh well, they don't so it doesn't matter.

If he played better on D, they would of had a better chance, but lets not get carried away and say they could have easily won.

If the Lakers take care of business in Game 3 then we can really start talking about Lakers vs. Celtics. It's going to be awesome!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Man alive is Amare dissappointing....

Softamire is letting his trash-talking, alligator mouth outstrip his hummingbird ass in this series so far.

I guess Lamar Odom had another one of those "lucky" games.

Anybody care to know how many "lucky" games LO has had against the Suns?

2008-01-17: 19 pts, 19 reb
2006-04-28: 15 pts, 17 reb
2005-11-03: 23 pts, 16 reb
2007-04-26: 18 pts, 16 reb
2007-04-22: 17 pts, 16 reb
2006-05-02: 18 pts, 15 reb
2004-11-19: 18 pts, 15 reb
2006-04-23: 21 pts, 14 reb
2007-12-25: 15 pts, 14 reb
2007-04-08: 10 pts, 14 reb
2007-04-13: 16 pts, 13 reb
2006-10-31: 34 pts, 13 reb
2007-04-29: 19 pts, 13 reb
2006-01-20: 15 pts, 12 reb
2004-12-08: 19 pts, 12 reb
2008-02-20: 22 pts, 11 reb
2006-05-04: 22 pts, 11 reb
2006-04-16: 14 pts, 11 reb
2006-04-07: 17 pts, 11 reb
2007-05-02: 33 pts, 10 reb

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
8')

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/eureca323/greentogold.jpg

Ha!

You can always tell it's that time in the post season when Lebron has gone fishing - that's when TDmvp jumps on the Smeltics bandwagon and starts posting on NBA-related threads. :D

TDmvp
05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Softamire is letting his trash-talking, alligator mouth outstrip his hummingbird ass in this series so far.

I guess Lamar Odom had another one of those "lucky" games.

Anybody care to know how many "lucky" games LO has had against the Suns?

Yea man , dude needs to shut the hell up and maybe show the hell up .

This crap is why he will never be a true 1st option , he runs his mouth and never shows up in meaningful games.

And calling a guy lucky who just powed you always comes off brilliant ...

But this is why there is trade rumors about this guy every year .

He will never be the go to guy on a winner , a good 2nd option / bit man.

Robin to a Batman at best. Nothing more.

Bring on Celts Lakers and lets get this show on the road....

Go Celts.

TDmvp
05-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Ha!

You can always tell it's that time in the post season when Lebron has gone fishing - that's when TDmvp jumps on the Smeltics bandwagon and starts posting on NBA-related threads. :D

Dude ... I've never posted anything close to saying i was a Lebrag fan...

Maybe you have me confused with someone else from Ohio...

As a Elway fan Clev teams are off limits... and they suck so...

All my life Clev. fans/people who lived there have road me for liking Elway.
So in return I wish slow painful seasons on all their teams...

I've always liked the Pacers , Celts , and shocking to you i bet , the Lakers pre Phil. I hate him from the Bulls years ... But never the cavs , sorry.

O well carry on...

24champ
05-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Ha!

You can always tell it's that time in the post season when Lebron has gone fishing

http://i39.tinypic.com/2chkuix.gif

azbroncfan
05-19-2010, 10:57 PM

Really? I thought I was discussing his terrible defense with you earlier in this thread around trade deadline. Maybe that was the Cavs fan but someone was defending him.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I just think that (1) Rondo will rape...

That's what they said about Westbrook and D-Will. As long as the Lakers keep Rondo out of the paint and force him to be a jump shooter, we can probably live with the results.

and (2) KG will negate Pau, Big Baby can negate Bynum who is on one leg, etc.

Are you kidding me?

This isn't the KG of two years ago. Pau will have his way with KG. So will Odom.

And Davis can "negate" Bynum? Please! Even at <100% Bynum will make life difficult for both Davis and Perkins.

Perkins, BTW, looks like a stud in this ECF because he only has to worry about guarding one big man - not a Lakers front line with two 7-footers (who are more multi-faceted than Dwight) and no let-up when Odom comes off the bench.

Our length won't be as huge of an advantage as it has been so far in these playoffs, but it will still be advantage Lakers - not just because of the length itself, but because of how skilled and versatile our bigs are.

You won't get lambasted on that account because you're right - it will be a competitive series (I would explain why this is so, but that would require me to compliment "THOSE GUYS" - something I would rather gargle with broken glass than do.) ;)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Wow!

Amare is getting hammered on Twitter by Suns fans, Lakers fans, and NBA fans...

http://twitter.com/#search?q=amareisreal<!-- m --> Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2chkuix.gif

:giggle: :laugh:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx346/lakershd/Kobe_vs_Suns.gif

azbroncfan
05-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Wow!

Amare is getting hammered on Twitter by Suns fans, Lakers fans, and NBA fans...

http://twitter.com/#search?q=amareisreal<!-- m --> Ha!

No surprise. He is a better scoring version of Boozer that doesn't rebound anywhere as good as Boozer and doesn't defend like him. Boozer is very average defender to almost bad defender.

HAT
05-19-2010, 11:25 PM
As a Lakes fan, I hope the Celts go through for HCA but I think you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves thinking 'Lando is done.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-19-2010, 11:28 PM
As a Lakes fan, I hope the Celts go through for HCA but I think you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves thinking 'Lando is done.

Really?

I don't think any East team has ever advanced to the finals after losing the first two games of the ECF on their home court.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Boston has exposed the chink in Orlando's armor, i.e., if you have a big man who can do a good job of defending Dwight 1-1 in the post, then you limit Orlando's 3pt shooting - and Orlando is still a team that lives and dies by the 3 - don't care what anybody says. Plus, Orlando is not as good without Turkoglu - not just because of the long range shooting he gave them, but because he's a much better play maker than Vince Carter.

TDmvp
05-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Boston has exposed the chink in Orlando's armor, i.e., if you have a big man who can do a good job of defending Dwight 1-1 in the post, then you limit Orlando's 3pt shooting - and Orlando is still a team that lives and dies by the 3 - don't care what anybody says. Plus, Orlando is not as good without Turkoglu - not just because of the long range shooting he gave them, but because he's a much better play maker than Vince Carter.

They don't even look the same in tight games without Turk. Carter is a total choke artist .

He's like M.J. minus the killer instinct , clutch shots , and the ability to take over a game that matters in crunch time.

Basically a dunk highlight reel is about it.

cutthemdown
05-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Lakers playing some amazing basketball. Even the bench playing well.

broncocalijohn
05-20-2010, 12:46 AM

16 people at Rockabilly weekend. I take it the other 15 bowl as often as me and that is once a year. My average is 134 so I will take that average anyday. To keep this on topic, Lakers 2, Zona's hurt ass ZERO.

Jason in LA
05-20-2010, 12:49 AM

When you're in a hole, stop digging.

ZONA
05-20-2010, 01:03 AM
16 people at Rockabilly weekend. I take it the other 15 bowl as often as me and that is once a year. My average is 134 so I will take that average anyday. To keep this on topic, Lakers 2, Zona's hurt ass ZERO.

It aint that hurt. It's not like the Suns are my #1 favorite team. They're my fav NBA team but it's nothing even close to how much I love the Broncos. When the Broncos lose, it totally ruins my day, even sometimes a few days in a row. I walk around all pissed off, especially if we lose a division game. A suns loss hurts for about 30 minutes. Unlike some of the Laker fans here, I doubt they love the Broncos more then they do the Lakers.

FYI, you need to upload a video showing us you trashed that pink trophy. I think you still have it and love on it every day.

24champ
05-20-2010, 01:16 AM
It aint that hurt. It's not like the Suns are my #1 favorite team. They're my fav NBA team but it's nothing even close to how much I love the Broncos. When the Broncos lose, it totally ruins my day, even sometimes a few days in a row. I walk around all pissed off, especially if we lose a division game. A suns loss hurts for about 30 minutes. Unlike some of the Laker fans here, I doubt they love the Broncos more then they do the Lakers.

Soooo...let me get this straight. We're in the offseason mode and some of us happened to grow up watching the Lakers, and yes we have a lot of pride in our Lakers. However to insinuate that because we are Laker fans, we are less of a Bronco fan...is plain stupid.

GTFO Beeotch.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx346/lakershd/Kobe_vs_Suns.gif

cutthemdown
05-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Being a long time Laker fan, and a long time Bronco fan I can say for sure they are 2 totally different experiences.

Broncos losses hurt way more then Lakers. For some reason basketball just not the all encompassing obsession football is.

Lakers losses hurt only about 1/5 as much as Broncos. The joy of them winning I would say about half as exciting as when Broncos win.

broncocalijohn
05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
No, broncos mean way more than the Lakers. Out of the 4 major sports, baseketball is the bottom. When you have lived in SoCal your whole life, Lakers encompass the whole region. There is really no split. I mean Clippers take maybe 4% of the population at most and many are from East Coast and cant ever root for the Lakers and need a local team. We have Dodgers vs Angels vs Padres and Kings vs Ducks but here in SoCal, there is absolutely no disagreement on the team that brings everyone together and that is the Lakers. Zona, you came in here like you were some big time basketball fan and now making it sound like , "No biggie, I have other interest." Too late to back out. Even though it is on the bottom of my fan frenzy scale, I am a SoCal guy and it would kill me if we lost again to the Celtics. Local pride. Dont hide it. Yes, that pink ball trophy is displayed on my shelf at my office. First trophy I won since coming in 3rd place for a wrestling tournament my sophmore year. It isnt the color of the award but the meaning. I doubt Suns will be getting a runner up conference championship trophy.

Jason in LA
05-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Zona really put his foot in his mouth with that comment. I don't know how he came to that assumption.

I'd say that it depends on a person's favorite sport. NFL football is by far my favorite sport, so the Broncos come 1st. NBA basketball is my second favorite, so the Lakers are second. I'll admit that I don't watch all 82 Laker games. I don't plan my day or evening around the games. And a lot of the games I just watch parts of them. The regular season really doesn't matter. I always watch the highlights and check the box scores, but it's not all that big of a deal to sit and watch all those meaningless games. If those games really meant a lot then the Cavs would still be playing and the Magic wouldn't be getting killed (they have the best two records).

I plan my day around Broncos games and I don't miss them. I post on a Broncos message board (I don't post on Lakers message board). Really thinking about it, the Lakers get me through the offseason. Well, until the summer.

I'm a huge Lakers fan, but I'm a way bigger Broncos fan. It's not even close.

worm
05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Zona really put his foot in his mouth with that comment. I don't know how he came to that assumption.

I'd say that it depends on a person's favorite sport. NFL football is by far my favorite sport, so the Broncos come 1st. NBA basketball is my second favorite, so the Lakers are second.

UCLA basketball isn't #2 for you?

24champ
05-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Easy, he was looking for a way to bail out of this thread. He's a flake. Came in talking big about how his Suns beat the Spurs and so on. Now he wants to back out and claim it's not a big deal to him. Hilarious!

Jason in LA
05-20-2010, 01:07 PM
UCLA basketball isn't #2 for you?

Nope, and I went to UCLA. My list would go:
1. Broncos
2. Lakers
3. UCLA football
4. UCLA basketball

I'm a bigger football fan than basketball fan, and I'm a bigger pro sports fan than college sports fan, so the Lakers come before UCLA football. College basketball just isn't appealing to me, so if UCLA isn't in the mix I'm not even watching that sport. I don't watch much of the NCAA tournament. But I'll watch a lot of the big college football games and the big time bowl games.

HAT
05-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Unlike some of the Laker fans here, I doubt they love the Broncos more then they do the Lakers.

To quote Mock...."rediculous"

1) Broncos season
2) Broncos preseason
3) Broncos draft season
4) Broncos FA season
5) Broncos TC season
6) Broncos OTA season
7) USC Football
8) Angels Baseball
9) Lakers Hoops
10) Kings Hockey.

HAT
05-20-2010, 04:29 PM
When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Won't be easy but I wouldn't be totally shocked to see them come back to Orlando tied 2-2.

Likely? Hell no. 33% chance IMO.

ZONA
05-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Easy, he was looking for a way to bail out of this thread. He's a flake. Came in talking big about how his Suns beat the Spurs and so on. Now he wants to back out and claim it's not a big deal to him. Hilarious!

You're such a tool. I in no way implicated that I was bailing on this thread or bailing out on supporting the Suns. Can't you ****in read? That one guy said I was all hurt because they lost and I said I an't that hurt. I also said I'm generally pissed off for about half an hour after each Suns loss but that it's not comparable to how I feel after a Broncos loss. How the F is that backing out of anything? Spin it however you want, so that it looks how you want it to look. I always thought you were a cool dude but now you're looking like a major Ahole to me right now. Yeah, you don't care, neither do I. But get your damn facts straight. If I was backing out, I wouldn't be back in this topic every day checking on things and makings posts. I thought the Lakers fans probably liked the Lakers more then the Broncos because of all the success the Lakers have had. Okay, probably a lame assumption, but for you to try and proclaim I'm backing out is insane.

You Laker fans want to gang up and punk on me go right ahead. For **** sake, all I said was I aint that hurt. Oh god, somebody call 911. Zona is backing out of this thread because he said he aint that hurt.

You guys need to take a ****in chill pill already.

24champ
05-20-2010, 11:53 PM
You're such a tool.

Look in the mirror...

http://baysideproducts.com/store/images/victoria_cheval_mirror.jpg

Can't you ****in read? That one guy said I was all hurt because they lost and I said I an't that hurt.

It is hard to read when you type like a monkey. My reading comprehension is fine...thanks.

I also said I'm generally pissed off for about half an hour after each Suns loss but that it's not comparable to how I feel after a Broncos loss. How the F is that backing out of anything?

First of all, the Broncos have had absolutely nothing to do with this thread, you brought them up and started doing the tru-fan Bulls*** because your butthurt that the Lakers were kicking your teams ass. Conveniently at the same time, you state that the Suns aren't a big deal to you when you have been posting in this thread a lot as well as us Laker fans. (That's called a cop out)

I always thought you were a cool dude but now you're looking like a major Ahole to me right now. Yeah, you don't care, neither do I.

Uh...alrighty then. :saywhat:

I thought the Lakers fans probably liked the Lakers more then the Broncos because of all the success the Lakers have had. Okay, probably a lame assumption,

First correct thing you have said in a while. Maybe now you would want to stop and think before you post asinine assumptions about others.

broncocalijohn
05-21-2010, 01:24 AM
You're such a tool. I in no way implicated that I was bailing on this thread or bailing out on supporting the Suns. Can't you ****in read? some blah blah. How the F is that backing out of anything? Spin it however you want, so that it looks how you want it to look. I always thought you were a cool dude but now you're looking like a major Ahole to me right now. Yeah, you don't care, neither do I. But get your damn facts straight. more blah blah
You Laker fans want to gang up and punk on me go right ahead. For **** sake, all I said was I aint that hurt. Oh god, somebody call 911. Zona is backing out of this thread because he said he aint that hurt.

You read that above then you get the greatest quote of the whole thing which is below.

Calling the kettle black?
When the series goes back to Phoenix and they win one, I hope you are as laid back as when they lost the second one. After all, no big deal with basketball for you.

ZONA
05-21-2010, 01:42 AM
It is hard to read when you type like a monkey. My reading comprehension is fine...thanks.
First of all, the Broncos have had absolutely nothing to do with this thread, you brought them up and started doing the tru-fan Bulls*** because your butthurt that the Lakers were kicking your teams ass. Conveniently at the same time, you state that the Suns aren't a big deal to you when you have been posting in this thread a lot as well as us Laker fans. (That's called a cop out)
Uh...alrighty then. :saywhat:
First correct thing you have said in a while. Maybe now you would want to stop and think before you post asinine assumptions about others.

Well, somebody's got to take the high road here or this BS will never stop. Sorry to call you a tool, I don't actually think you are one. I've always thought you actually made good posts and I just let the rage take over. And no, it's not rage from the games and I'm not all butt hurt because the Suns are down 2 games to the defending champs just in case anybody actually really believes that, or maybe they just like to say it to try and and push my buttons. So from this point forward, you or McLA or whoever can talk all the crap you want about me but I'm just going to keep it mello.

Jason in LA
05-21-2010, 11:17 AM
You're such a tool. I in no way implicated that I was bailing on this thread or bailing out on supporting the Suns. Can't you ****in read? That one guy said I was all hurt because they lost and I said I an't that hurt. I also said I'm generally pissed off for about half an hour after each Suns loss but that it's not comparable to how I feel after a Broncos loss. How the F is that backing out of anything? Spin it however you want, so that it looks how you want it to look. I always thought you were a cool dude but now you're looking like a major Ahole to me right now. Yeah, you don't care, neither do I. But get your damn facts straight. If I was backing out, I wouldn't be back in this topic every day checking on things and makings posts. I thought the Lakers fans probably liked the Lakers more then the Broncos because of all the success the Lakers have had. Okay, probably a lame assumption, but for you to try and proclaim I'm backing out is insane.

Your comment does give the impression that you were backing out, or trying to change the debate. The Suns getting their butts kicked twice kind of back you into a corner in this thread, and the comment that you're hurt by the losses looks like it really struck a nerve, so you fired back with a really lame assumption. It changed the debate. You really couldn't attack our arguments about the Lakers being the better team, so you questioned our love for the Broncos. That's really lame.

As for your comment about us ganging up on you, I don't think anybody tried to gang up and punk you in this thread until that lame comment. Up to that point it was just a basketball debate. Sorry, but we kind of took it personal when you questioned our love for the Broncos, so the gloves came off.

Jason in LA
05-21-2010, 11:25 AM
So from this point forward, you or McLA or whoever can talk all the crap you want about me but I'm just going to keep it mello.

Hold up. When did I talk crap about you? I debated your points about this series, but when did I act in a disrespectful manner to you? I didn't call you any names. Just because you disagree with somebody and debate with them doesn't mean you're talking crap about them. The only issue that I've had in this debate is when you questioned the Lakers fans love for the Broncos. Even then I wasn't disrespectful to you.

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2010, 05:42 AM

*cough* *cough*

The hole you're digging keeps getting deeper and deeper.

gunns
05-23-2010, 07:51 AM

1) Broncos season
2) Broncos preseason
3) Broncos draft season
4) Broncos FA season
5) Broncos TC season
6) Broncos OTA season
7) USC Football
8) Angels Baseball
9) Lakers Hoops
10) Kings Hockey.

I'm just wondering if #1 includes the Bronco's post season, BECAUSE I DON'T SEE IT!

Jason in LA
05-23-2010, 07:58 AM
*cough* *cough*

The hole you're digging keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Yes, epic fail. It keeps getting epiccer. Wait, that's not a word, but it fits. ;D

Jason in LA
05-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Sometimes you have to be careful when you get what you ask for. Because Lakers fans really want Boston. The way they are playing that's going to be a war. I'm not so worried about the Celtics offense. And I'm not worried about the mismatch at point guard. The Lakers have been on the wrong side of the mismatch at point guard in each series and they've been fine. The thing that worries me about Boston is their defense. That team has grit. They fight on that end of the court. They're going to make life hell for the Lakers there. But home court advantage is going to be huge, and the Lakers are the better team. Boston won't be lighting up scoreboard against them. Beating Boston for the title is going to be awesome, but it's going to be very hard.

24champ
05-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Halftime...Suns up by 7 and get 20 free throws while the Lakers get a grand total of 3 free throws. 5 on 8 basketball at its finest.::)

SoCalBronco
05-23-2010, 07:56 PM

1) Broncos season
2) Broncos preseason
3) Broncos draft season
4) Broncos FA season
5) Broncos TC season
6) Broncos OTA season
7) USC Football
8) Angels Baseball
9) Lakers Hoops
10) Kings Hockey.

After U$C gets taken to the woodshed by the NCAA..hopefully they will fall to 10th on your list. I'm NOT a Kings fan (or a fan of LA sports teams...in fact I detest them), but you are really missing out if you have them dead last. IMO....that team probably has the best and most exciting future of any of the LA sports clubs.

ohiobronco2
05-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Halftime...Suns up by 7 and get 20 free throws while the Lakers get a grand total of 3 free throws. 5 on 8 basketball at its finest.::)

http://canuckjihad.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crybaby.png?w=300&h=425

ohiobronco2
05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
After U$C gets taken to the woodshed by the NCAA..hopefully they will fall to 10th on your list. I'm NOT a Kings fan (or a fan of LA sports teams...in fact I detest them), but you are really missing out if you have them dead last. IMO....that team probably has the best and most exciting future of any of the LA sports clubs.

I hope USC gets taken behind the woodshed, I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

azbroncfan
05-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Do you Laker fans ever point to the officials for some of your wins? All you do when you lose is point the finger to FT statistics.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Do you Laker fans ever point to the officials for some of your wins? All you do when you lose is point the finger to FT statistics.

Nah, we played a pretty crappy game today.

- P & R defense was horrible (mainly for the big guys.)
- Didn't make adjustments to zone defense
- Lamar Odom had a horrible game
- We shot too many threes
- Too many turnovers

Still, PHX +22 in FT attempts? Gimme a break!

Gasol didn't even get to the line until ~1:00 left in the game.

With the pounding by the media Softamire has been taking, he was due for a big game.

At any rate, even though we played poorly, we still had a chance to win it.

That's just the way this particular group rolls - they only exert as much effort as it takes to win a game or a series, and they don't always show up for games they don't have to win. It can be frustrating if you're a Lakers fan, but we'll be OK.

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-23-2010, 10:21 PM

FTA differential so far:

Game 1: Suns +10
Game 2: Lakers +8
Game 3: Suns +22

Jason in LA
05-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Sorry, but it's hard to believe that the Kings have a better future than the Lakers or USC football. USC will get slapped on the wrist, but that won't do them in. If I were a USC fan I'd be more worried about their head coach blowing it than NCAA violations. And the Lakers, well, are the Lakers. They'll always have a bright future. They're the Lakers!

Jason in LA
05-23-2010, 10:43 PM

The opposite can be said about Lakers haters. When they win in the playoffs it's because the league is fixed.

BTW, in the Lakers 13 playoff games they've only shot more free throws than their opponent 5 times, and their opponents have shot more free throws than them over the course of the playoffs. So even in wins there isn't much pointing to the refs.

SoCalBronco
05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Sorry, but it's hard to believe that the Kings have a better future than the Lakers or USC football. USC will get slapped on the wrist, but that won't do them in. If I were a USC fan I'd be more worried about their head coach blowing it than NCAA violations. And the Lakers, well, are the Lakers. They'll always have a bright future. They're the Lakers!

The Kings have a dominant young blueline. I have not seen such a collection of young, talented defenseman on one team in a long time. The Kings will have an excellent future. The Lakers have an excellent present....but Kobe is in his 30s and when he hits the wall, they will go back to being simply a good team. U$C is not going to continue their current pace...they will be sanctioned...its NOT going to be slap on the wrist...the NCAA has put too much time and effort into it preparing a voluminous report. There would be a huge loss of credibility if U$C didn't get a substantial punishment. They simply will not be the same team after the loss of scholarships. Incidentally, it doesn't take a ton of lost scholarships to derail this program.....the Pac-10 is becoming so competitive that even if U$C only loses about 10-15 scholarships over 4 years, that might be enough to really cut out their quality depth.

I don't care for the Kings (or the Lakers, or U$C or the Dodgers or the Angels or any of these teams).....but if you really paid attention to hockey, you would know just how how great their defense is going to be....and their defenseman can score, too. They have a sick collection of talent on the blueline. It's going to be amusing seeing all these bandwagoning LA fans pretend to be hard core Kings fans all along when they dont know ****....really, this fanbase doesn't deserve the success its teams have had. It's truly a shame that all these good teams aren't in a city of better fans.

ZONA
05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to say hi, don't want anybody thinking I've bailed on this thread.

And thanks goes out to the Lakers........for bringing that cooler weather with you. I was actually a little chilly going to the store just now.

Oh yeah, and a nice win by the Suns. Until next game folks, cya.

24champ
05-23-2010, 11:11 PM
FTA differential so far:

Game 1: Suns +10
Game 2: Lakers +8
Game 3: Suns +22

Normally the Home team gets about 10 calls more than the visiting. Tonight was just laughable, couldn't even breath on Amare. Lopez elbows Fisher in the head and Fisher gets a technical too.

Funny enough, before the game tonight, Phil spoke of watching/scouting the Magic vs. Celtics.

Q. What do you look for when you guys are watching the game?

COACH JACKSON: Everything. First of all, you look for the officials, who is officiating the game. (Laughter) Itís just what you do. You just look at it. And then you watch what the demeanor of the gameís going to be, how itís going to start out, who is going to run what plays to start off the game, and go from there.

Other than that crap, I felt the Lakers shot too many threes and didn't attack enough did us in. Lakers shot themselves in the foot.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Just wanted to say hi, don't want anybody thinking I've bailed on this thread.

I doubt anyone was expecting you to bail after today's game.

The surprise would have been you not showing up.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Normally the Home team gets about 10 calls more than the visiting. Tonight was just laughable, couldn't even breath on Amare. Lopez elbows Fisher in the head and Fisher gets a technical too.

Right.

You notice that in game 1 PHX was +10 in FTA. So much for "normally," eh?

(Not that the officiating was the only thing that cost us the game - we played pretty poorly.)

24champ
05-23-2010, 11:22 PM

Socal is right, Kings have one of the youngest, if not the youngest team in the NHL, just made the playoffs and played 6 tough games in the playoffs. Their farm club in the AHL (Triple A Hockey for those not familiar) is the youngest team in the AHL and they went 6 games in their Conference finals. The future is pretty bright for the Kings, just need to continue on developing and hopefully get Kovalchuk this offseason. Kings also have like 6 Draft picks in the first 3 rounds this year.

I don't know if you still work for that Magazine you did photography for, but I would look into doing a feature of Wayne Simmonds (Google if you don't know him). He's a fan favorite.

Jason in LA
05-23-2010, 11:56 PM
The Kings have a dominant young blueline. I have not seen such a collection of young, talented defenseman on one team in a long time. The Kings will have an excellent future. The Lakers have an excellent present....but Kobe is in his 30s and when he hits the wall, they will go back to being simply a good team. U$C is not going to continue their current pace...they will be sanctioned...its NOT going to be slap on the wrist...the NCAA has put too much time and effort into it preparing a voluminous report. There would be a huge loss of credibility if U$C didn't get a substantial punishment. They simply will not be the same team after the loss of scholarships. Incidentally, it doesn't take a ton of lost scholarships to derail this program.....the Pac-10 is becoming so competitive that even if U$C only loses about 10-15 scholarships over 4 years, that might be enough to really cut out their quality depth.

I don't care for the Kings (or the Lakers, or U$C or the Dodgers or the Angels or any of these teams).....but if you really paid attention to hockey, you would know just how how great their defense is going to be....and their defenseman can score, too. They have a sick collection of talent on the blueline. It's going to be amusing seeing all these bandwagoning LA fans pretend to be hard core Kings fans all along when they dont know ****....really, this fanbase doesn't deserve the success its teams have had. It's truly a shame that all these good teams aren't in a city of better fans.

Like I said. It's the Lakers! End of discussion!

Their future is always bright. Kobe slowing down isn't going to change that. When Kobe is finished somebody else will emerge as a super star player. Most likely through free agency. The Lakers can attract the best players and coaches. Sorry, but they aren't going to be an average team. Sure, they'll hit some bumps in the road here and there, but more titles will come. They are the Lakers!

I'm sure the Kings have developed a nice little team, but unless they are on the verge of winning multiple titles, I'm not hearing that they have any type of future like the Lakers have.

And USC can still attract the top talent in the nation. That hasn't changed. The punishment won't derail them. People want a harsh punishment, but that's not going to happen.

You're saying that a team that lost in the first round of the playoffs and has no tradition of winning has a brighter future than two teams that have been winners for decades and have the ability to attract the best so they can continue to win.

ZONA
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
The officiating was fine. It has been all series long. The difference in this game really was that Odom had a very poor game and the Suns zone defense did just enough. That and Lopez is finally getting some conditioning back and able to stay on the floor longer. He helps against those Lakers bigs.

But I gotta say, wtf is up with Frye? This is one of the worst shooting slumps I've ever seen by a player. If he keeps this up, his price value is sinking and fast. He's a FA next year and if he wants to command any sort of price, he better come alive fast.

And where are the Boston and Orlando fans? Hardly any comments about that series at all. Strange.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2010, 06:11 AM
And where are the Boston and Orlando fans? Hardly any comments about that series at all. Strange.

Because it's not a series. You have to have two teams showing up to call it a series.

In all seriousness, though, aside from Jason and I ribbing Hat for his comments about "10% chance the Celtics beat Orlando" after game one, there really hasn't been a lot of talk about it.....besides the play of Rondo.

ohiobronco2
05-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Right.

You notice that in game 1 PHX was +10 in FTA. So much for "normally," eh?

(Not that the officiating was the only thing that cost us the game - we played pretty poorly.)

Yeah. Odom and Artest really didn't show up and the Lakers shot a very poor FG percentage. I'm sure that will be corrected in game 4. Suns seemed to be the more aggressive team.

azbroncfan
05-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Nah, we played a pretty crappy game today.

- P & R defense was horrible (mainly for the big guys.)
- Didn't make adjustments to zone defense
- Lamar Odom had a horrible game
- We shot too many threes
- Too many turnovers

Still, PHX +22 in FT attempts? Gimme a break!

Gasol didn't even get to the line until ~1:00 left in the game.

With the pounding by the media Softamire has been taking, he was due for a big game.

At any rate, even though we played poorly, we still had a chance to win it.

That's just the way this particular group rolls - they only exert as much effort as it takes to win a game or a series, and they don't always show up for games they don't have to win. It can be frustrating if you're a Lakers fan, but we'll be OK.

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Finally someone talks about a reason other than the refs. Sure the SUNS shot more FT's. Just look how the teams played. LA just kept launching jumpshots against the Zone D and missing. Your not going to get fouled much when the other teams play zone and you have to shoot them out of a zone which LA failed to do. When they hit there shots it will get the SUNS out of that zone in a hurry.

Inkana7
05-24-2010, 11:29 AM
This is what happens when you rely on Ron Artest as a viable offensive option. It worked great in Games 1 and 2. Not so much last night.

ZONA
05-25-2010, 04:37 PM
This is what happens when you rely on Ron Artest as a viable offensive option. It worked great in Games 1 and 2. Not so much last night.

Artest hit a few key shots. It wasn't like he launched a ton of shots and only made a few. He didn't shoot all that much. To me, the biggest difference was the Lakers depend on Odom for bench scoring and he didn't give them that in game 3. Of course Kobe is the leader and the main cog but I've heard many many people say so goes Odom, so go the Lakers. I don't follow the Lakers alot but I remember when the Suns pounded them just after Christmas, Odom didn't score alot of points that game either. And the last game they played them in the regular season, he had a terrible game and the Lakers barely squeaked that one out. Obviously the first two games of this WCF series, he had great games and the Lakers won. Then in game 3 he was bad and they lost. Seems to me, at least against the Suns, the Lakers really do need Odom to play well if they want to sorta coast, if you can say that. They will always have a chance to win no matter how Odom plays because of Kobe but lets just say that a great game from Odom really makes it hard for the Suns to win. If he's off his game, the Suns can hang with the Lakers, no matter if Kobe has a great game or not.

Maximus
05-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Like I said. It's the Lakers! End of discussion!

Their future is always bright. Kobe slowing down isn't going to change that. When Kobe is finished somebody else will emerge as a super star player. Most likely through free agency. The Lakers can attract the best players and coaches. Sorry, but they aren't going to be an average team. Sure, they'll hit some bumps in the road here and there, but more titles will come. They are the Lakers!

I'm sure the Kings have developed a nice little team, but unless they are on the verge of winning multiple titles, I'm not hearing that they have any type of future like the Lakers have.

And USC can still attract the top talent in the nation. That hasn't changed. The punishment won't derail them. People want a harsh punishment, but that's not going to happen.

You're saying that a team that lost in the first round of the playoffs and has no tradition of winning has a brighter future than two teams that have been winners for decades and have the ability to attract the best so they can continue to win.

I was just talking about this with my barber about this on saturday. I told him we would get the best center and probably wind up with Durant when kobe is gone

Jason7730
05-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Let's go Sun's! Beat those LA Lakers/Raiders!!!

ZONA
05-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I was just talking about this with my barber about this on saturday. I told him we would get the best center and probably wind up with Durant when kobe is gone

Durant doesn't strike me as the kinda of guy who cares so much about the limelight of holywood. In fact, I really see him as the kinda guy who would rather not play in a city like LA. I think he just wants to be the best player he can and obviously make as much money as he can (who wouldn't) and I don't see OKC not giving this guy the max (and his home team under the rules is allowed to pay him more then anybody else).

Maximus
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Durant doesn't strike me as the kinda of guy who cares so much about the limelight of holywood. In fact, I really see him as the kinda guy who would rather not play in a city like LA. I think he just wants to be the best player he can and obviously make as much money as he can (who wouldn't) and I don't see OKC not giving this guy the max (and his home team under the rules is allowed to pay him more then anybody else).

WTF are you talking about??? Every player in the league wants to win a championship and get paid. The Laker organization isn't about limelight... it just comes with the territory. What you really are conveying is your fear of the lakers ability to get any player in the league to play for them including Durant!

Maximus
05-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Is anyone else aggravated with the constant changes in camera coverage and angles during the playoffs. Why are TNT and ABC so insistent on messing up the perspective of the game. I couldn't take it anymore so I sent an email to the league office. If you feel the same way hit them right here ---> http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I can't believe how horrible the Lakers 3 point defense has been. They aren't guarding 3 point shooters who don't have the ball. When the Suns swing the ball over you see a Laker running at him as he's taking a wide open 3. How about guarding the guy before he gets the ball. That's really been the difference in this game. The Suns have been nailing wide open all night.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow, we may have a series on our hands after all.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:28 PM

It's not about Hollywood, which is really a small part of Los Angeles and its culture. It's about playing for titles, and players want to go to the Lakers because they win titles... and you get to live in LA. Damn, sounds like the perfect life for a NBA player.

I don't think people really understand these max deals. Like, they say that Cleveland can pay LeBron $30 million more than any other team, so he'd be losing $30 million by signing somewhere else. But that's not true. The bulk of that $30 extra million that the Cavs can pay him comes in the 6th year of the contract, where other teams can only offer him 5 years. But I'm pretty sure that a year after the 5 year contract is over he'll be making max money from the new team, or some other team. So he really isn't leaving that much money on the table by leaving the Cavs. Point is, in Durant's case, he won't be losing that much by leaving.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Is anyone else aggravated with the constant changes in camera coverage and angles during the playoffs. Why are TNT and ABC so insistent on messing up the perspective of the game. I couldn't take it anymore so I sent an email to the league office. If you feel the same way hit them right here ---> http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

Yeah, my pops and I have been super annoyed by that. Those other camera angles are cool for instant replays, but not during game action. Just leave it on the standard angle. Makes it harder to follow the game. One angle looked like some dude in the stands had a camera.

ohiobronco2
05-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Ruh Roh
http://blogs.courant.com/colin_mcenroe_to_wit/Scooby-Doo-tv-06.jpg

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:32 PM

Ah... What do the raiders have to do with this? Please... never never never ever again link that team with the Lakers. Thank you.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:35 PM

The Lakers offense isn't the problem. I'm getting annoyed about hearing about the Suns zone defense. The Lakers have put up points against it.

The last two games the Lakers have been horrible on defense. It's kind of like a football team losing 49 to 42 and everybody blaming the offense. How about not giving up 49 points.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Ah... What do the raiders have to do with this? Please... never never never ever again link that team with the Lakers. Thank you.

Yep - that was just weak! :oyvey:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 09:50 PM
The Lakers offense isn't the problem. I'm getting annoyed about hearing about the Suns zone defense. The Lakers have put up points against it.

The last two games the Lakers have been horrible on defense. It's kind of like a football team losing 49 to 42 and everybody blaming the offense. How about not giving up 49 points.

Looks like the league wants to extend the series - it's the OKC series all over again.

Suns +20 in FTA for the second game in a row.

Not saying that the FT differential was the only deciding factor in the game, but you can see our bigs are tentative on defense and reluctant to crash the glass when they know they are going to get called for every little touch foul.

Look for game 5 to be another epic beat down by the Lakers.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Really LABF? That's all you can say? NBA conspiracy?

You can do better.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Really LABF? That's all you can say? NBA conspiracy?

You can do better.

You must have missed the part where I said that the FTA differential wasn't the only deciding factor.

In any case, if you don't understand that the way games are officiated (and discrepancies therein) have an influence on the outcome then you're just naive.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I do understand the nuances in officiating, differences in officials, etc. I get some officials can be intimidated by the home crowd, etc. I understand that NBA officiating needs to work every single day at getting better. It's far from perfect.

But to start out with, "well the NBA wants extend the series" IMO is just an easy excuse.

ohiobronco2
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
You must have missed the part where I said that the FTA differential wasn't the only deciding factor.

In any case, if you don't understand that the way games are officiated (and discrepancies therein) have an influence on the outcome then you're just naive.

Yeah. How about the Suns being the more aggressive team. Shot lights out from 3. Had a productive bench. Played decent zone D. Out rebounded the Lakers. You could have mentioned any of those.

ohiobronco2
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM

But the Zone D has made a difference. I understand what you are trying to say, but their D has cut the Lakers scoring down. They averaged 126 ppg in the first 2 wins, but in the next two games they averaged 107.5 ppg. Thats a big difference.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah. How about the Suns being the more aggressive team. Shot lights out from 3. Had a productive bench. Played decent zone D. Out rebounded the Lakers. You could have mentioned any of those.

It's easy to go +15 on the offensive glass when you're allowed to pin Pau's arm and go over the back of both Pau and Andrew.

Suns +2 (58-56) in Games 1 & 2, Suns +41 (74-33) in Games 3 & 4...that's just absurd. The Lakers were getting hacked all over the place. Kobe bumped on the only jumper he missed in the fourth, Pau had Amare on his back on the put back slam, Amundson had a straight arm on Jordan's back when he got called for stepping out of bounds...all came at game changing times.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah. How about the Suns being the more aggressive team.

It's hard for the Lakers' bigs to be aggressive on defense and crash the offensive glass when they know they're going to get called for every little touch foul.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
But the Zone D has made a difference. I understand what you are trying to say, but their D has cut the Lakers scoring down. They averaged 126 ppg in the first 2 wins, but in the next two games they averaged 107.5 ppg. Thats a big difference.

No, I'm not hearing that. There's a major problem if you have to score 120+ points to win a game. It's called playing horrible defense. Zone defense just sucks a little less than their regular defense.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Interesting fact: The Suns were never in the penalty in this game. I don't think I've ever seen a team avoid getting in the penalty for all four quarters.

broncocalijohn
05-25-2010, 10:34 PM
I thought last game was pretty obvious of the foul differential but when you get free shots at the charity strip, it makes a huge difference. Nice win and the series will have to go back to Phoenix like i didnt expect. Let us see how fouls go with Lakers being at home. Amazing what home court advantage will do for fouls being dropped.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 10:34 PM
No, I'm not hearing that. There's a major problem if you have to score 120+ points to win a game. It's called playing horrible defense. Zone defense just sucks a little less than their regular defense.

Foul numbers for two games in Phoenix:

Suns FTA: 74
Amare's FTA: 30
Lakers FTA: 33
Suns personal fouls: 33
Lakers personal fouls: 51

Lakers total FGs made in both games: 42(9 treys) + 45 (9 treys) = 87 FGM
Suns total FGs made in both games: 38 (5 treys) + 41 (11 treys) = 79 FGM

Regardless of rebounds or turnovers, we have made more FGs and have actually shot a better % in both games.

The difference is FT attempts.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 10:43 PM
More fun facts:

2010 Playoffs so far:

FTA Differential

Orlando +44

Phoenix +18

Boston -4

Los Angeles -87 (#16 of 16 of all playoff teams)

gunns
05-25-2010, 10:44 PM

Then you proceeded to say you see our bigs are tentative on defense and reluctant to crash the glass when they know they are going to get called for every little touch foul. If you don't want the Lakers to be referenced in the same sentence as the Raiders don't sound like a Raiders fan. tsk tsk

Broncobiv
05-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Isn't it possible, I mean at all possible, that the Lakers simply committed more fouls than the Suns during the last 2 games?

Does there really always have to be a conspiracy/horrible officiating once FTA are skewed in favor of one team over a game or two? ???

Yes LABF, I read the post where you listed several instances where you felt the Suns got away with non-called fouls. Too bad there isn't a biased Suns fan in this discussion who'd be able to give a similar analysis for the other side of the coin (fouls that the Lakers committed that were not called by officials).

The Lakers fouled a lot more than the Suns did in the Phoenix games. The Suns won those games. Get over it and move no to Game 5.

Broncobiv
05-25-2010, 10:54 PM
More fun facts:

2010 Playoffs so far:

FTA Differential

Orlando +44

Phoenix +18

Boston -4

Soooooo.....the Lakers take a lot more chances going for the ball, attacking on offense and defense, compared to their opponents. And therefore, they get called for a lot more fouls. Seems to me it's a risk/reward pattern.

You should be happy. So far, it's been more reward.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Then you proceeded to say you see our bigs are tentative on defense and reluctant to crash the glass when they know they are going to get called for every little touch foul.

And both statements were true (if you can wrap your mind around that.)

If you don't want the Lakers to be referenced in the same sentence as the Raiders don't sound like a Raiders fan. tsk tsk

Only a moron who knows nothing about sports would make such a statement in the first place, so it's doubtful that anything I might say would deter him.

Broncobiv
05-25-2010, 10:58 PM
It just sickens me that some fans (and some coaches) complain just for the simple fact that their opponents get more FTA's than they do. Wanna know how to reverse that trend? Stop fouling so much! It's like you expect foul numbers to be called equally, regardless of how the games are going. Why should you expect both teams in a series to automatically have a near-equal number of fouls called for each team? Stop fouling, and you won't get called for so many fouls! How hard is that??

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Too bad there isn't a biased Suns fan in this discussion who'd be able to give a similar analysis for the other side of the coin (fouls that the Lakers committed that were not called by officials).

There's the problem with your argument in a nutshell: There is no "other side of the coin."

The numbers don't lie:

Foul numbers for two games in Phoenix:

Amare's FTA: 30

Regardless of rebounds or turnovers, we have made more FGs and have actually shot a better % in both games.

The difference is FT attempts.

Now if you want to argue that this is because the Lakers' opponents simply don't foul and/or that the Lakers are a team that commits an inordinate number of fouls, then you'll just end up embarrassing yourself.

ZONA
05-25-2010, 11:05 PM

I've always hated that crap. Just show the entire half court. I don't mind if they pan around say just behind half court and show the entire half court from another view but I can't stand those ankle shots for 3 minutes.

Do I want Durant to sign with LA someday? No. But I'm sure LA fans wouldn't want him to sign here either. That's just common sense. Duh. All I'm saying is I think alot of guys are attracted to the Lakers because they get to play in front of celebs, and you can't balk at that because I've heard players say so. They get to make friends with holywood actors and music icons, yeah and sometimes they even get to wed female celebs and singers. I don't think Durant gives a damn about that and that has nothing to do with why I wouldn't want him to sign with the Lakers. I think he doesn't give a damn about holywood types, that's just how I read the guy. More kept to himself and not all about the status thing.

Anyway, that's another year and another story.

TIED UP 2-2 BABY !!!!!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 11:07 PM
It just sickens me that some fans (and some coaches) complain just for the simple fact that their opponents get more FTA's than they do. Wanna know how to reverse that trend? Stop fouling so much!

This is a simpleton argument from someone who obviously doesn't know much about the game.

It's not just a question of how many fouls a team commits - it's also a question of whether or not the game is called evenly (which is the real issue here) in terms of calls and no-calls.

Your argument just boils down to "the refs are always right."

ZONA
05-25-2010, 11:09 PM
It's not about Hollywood, which is really a small part of Los Angeles and its culture. It's about playing for titles, and players want to go to the Lakers because they win titles... and you get to live in LA. Damn, sounds like the perfect life for a NBA player.

I don't think people really understand these max deals. Like, they say that Cleveland can pay LeBron $30 million more than any other team, so he'd be losing $30 million by signing somewhere else. But that's not true. The bulk of that $30 extra million that the Cavs can pay him comes in the 6th year of the contract, where other teams can only offer him 5 years. But I'm pretty sure that a year after the 5 year contract is over he'll be making max money from the new team, or some other team. So he really isn't leaving that much money on the table by leaving the Cavs. Point is, in Durant's case, he won't be losing that much by leaving.

That's true. However, I know it doesn't happen often, but a dude could come down with a major injury and you never know what kind of player you will be after it. That extra $30 million could be a nice insurance policy. Don't matter though, I think James is going to NY so he can hang with JZ........boyyeeee.

DHallblows
05-25-2010, 11:19 PM
It just sickens me that some fans (and some coaches) complain just for the simple fact that their opponents get more FTA's than they do. Wanna know how to reverse that trend? Stop fouling so much! It's like you expect foul numbers to be called equally, regardless of how the games are going. Why should you expect both teams in a series to automatically have a near-equal number of fouls called for each team? Stop fouling, and you won't get called for so many fouls! How hard is that??

Oh no, you said something he disagrees with. Clearly you don't understand basketball...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Oh no, you said something he disagrees with. Clearly you don't understand basketball...

Either that, or he doesn't actually watch games.

Maybe he listens to them on the radio. Ha!

Jason7730
05-25-2010, 11:36 PM

Only a moron who knows nothing about sports would make such a statement in the first place, so it's doubtful that anything I might say would deter him.

Whoa Sport! I'm a Sun's fan. I do not like the Lakers. On this Broncos board I was comparing this to my dislike of the Raiders, who at one time played in LA. So, if you don't like that, tough titty. I think a lot of Laker fans are obnoxious like a lot of Raider fans. Not all of course....

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Whoa Sport! I'm a Sun's fan. I do not like the Lakers. On this Broncos board I was comparing this to my dislike of the Raiders, who at one time played in LA. So, if you don't like that, tough titty. I think a lot of Laker fans are obnoxious like a lot of Raider fans. Not all of course....

Nice backpedal.

Here's your quote:

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 11:44 PM
More fun facts:

2010 Playoffs so far:

FTA Differential

Orlando +44

Phoenix +18

Boston -4

The Lakers have shot more free throws than their opponents in 5 of 14 playoff games. I find it funny when people think that the league is fixed for the Lakers or that Kobe gets all kind of calls.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Then you proceeded to say you see our bigs are tentative on defense and reluctant to crash the glass when they know they are going to get called for every little touch foul. If you don't want the Lakers to be referenced in the same sentence as the Raiders don't sound like a Raiders fan. tsk tsk

The Lakers and Raiders have nothing to do with each other. Nothing in common at all. It was a silly statement.

Jason7730
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Nice backpedal.

Here's your quote:

You didn't get the analogy? lol!

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Isn't it possible, I mean at all possible, that the Lakers simply committed more fouls than the Suns during the last 2 games?

Does there really always have to be a conspiracy/horrible officiating once FTA are skewed in favor of one team over a game or two? ???

Yes LABF, I read the post where you listed several instances where you felt the Suns got away with non-called fouls. Too bad there isn't a biased Suns fan in this discussion who'd be able to give a similar analysis for the other side of the coin (fouls that the Lakers committed that were not called by officials).

The Lakers fouled a lot more than the Suns did in the Phoenix games. The Suns won those games. Get over it and move no to Game 5.

The free throw difference won't be nearly as big, and the Lakers might even have an edge, in LA. That's how the NBA works, and it is really annoying. Home team gets way more calls.

Jason7730
05-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Really though, I hope that nobody hear doesn't think that kobe and the lakers don't get their fair share of call's. It does seem to pretty much even out in the end, imo.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Soooooo.....the Lakers take a lot more chances going for the ball, attacking on offense and defense, compared to their opponents. And therefore, they get called for a lot more fouls. Seems to me it's a risk/reward pattern.

You should be happy. So far, it's been more reward.

Have you analyzed that and found it to be true, or are you just filling in your own made up explanation?

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Do I want Durant to sign with LA someday? No. But I'm sure LA fans wouldn't want him to sign here either. That's just common sense. Duh. All I'm saying is I think alot of guys are attracted to the Lakers because they get to play in front of celebs, and you can't balk at that because I've heard players say so. They get to make friends with holywood actors and music icons, yeah and sometimes they even get to wed female celebs and singers. I don't think Durant gives a damn about that and that has nothing to do with why I wouldn't want him to sign with the Lakers. I think he doesn't give a damn about holywood types, that's just how I read the guy. More kept to himself and not all about the status thing.

Anyway, that's another year and another story.

Again with this Hollywood stuff? If that's the case, the Clippers have like $18 million of cap space. Lets see how many super stars are running to sign there.

You want to know why players want to play in LA? Because of the Lakers. 15 titles are up on that wall at Staples and more will be going up. Players want to be a part of that. And seeing that they are super stars, they want a chance to get their jersey on the wall next to Magic, Kareem, Wilt, West, and the other Lakers greats. When a player plays for the Lakers he's playing for titles. He's playing for history. People make too much of a big deal out of the celebs and Hollywood lifestyle. Like I said, the Clippers would love to have a super star sign with them. Chris Bosh could sign with them, but the Lakers are on his list, and the Lakers don't even have room for him.

Inkana7
05-26-2010, 12:05 AM
If you take more 3s, youll get less FTAs. In games 3 and 4, the Lakers have doubled the amount of 3s they've taken, and as a result, they've seen their FTA numbers go down.

It ain't hard.

cutthemdown
05-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Gentleman we have a series. I still think lake show takes the next game and the series, but man Suns laid down a 40 point quarter.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Really though, I hope that nobody hear doesn't think that kobe and the lakers don't get their fair share of call's. It does seem to pretty much even out in the end, imo.

The Lakers are a negative 87. That's not going to even out. And the refs haven't given them much help all year. They were 17th in the league in free throw attempts. Looks like they are doing their winning on their own.

NFLBRONCO
05-26-2010, 12:10 AM
The Lakers will win this series. I'm not a die hard of NBA never will be because not enough good teams to make things interesting. The other turnoff is the crying over the refs all the time its a drag. So the Suns got the calls tonight its not like the Lakers never get plenty of games where they get the calls. Just enjoy the rings we collect. The Suns rebounded and played faster tonight they deserved the win.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 12:11 AM
If you take more 3s, youll get less FTAs. In games 3 and 4, the Lakers have doubled the amount of 3s they've taken, and as a result, they've seen their FTA numbers go down.

It ain't hard.

In Game 4 the Suns took more 3 pointers than the Lakers did but had 19 more free throw attempts.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Again with this Hollywood stuff? If that's the case, the Clippers have like $18 million of cap space. Lets see how many super stars are running to sign there.

You want to know why players want to play in LA? Because of the Lakers. 15 titles are up on that wall at Staples and more will be going up. Players want to be a part of that. And seeing that they are super stars, they want a chance to get their jersey on the wall next to Magic, Kareem, Wilt, West, and the other Lakers greats. When a player plays for the Lakers he's playing for titles. He's playing for history. People make too much of a big deal out of the celebs and Hollywood lifestyle. Like I said, the Clippers would love to have a super star sign with them. Chris Bosh could sign with them, but the Lakers are on his list, and the Lakers don't even have room for him.

Nice try. The clippers get Billy Crystal to the games and who else? Cmon, it's not even close. The celebs go to Laker games, not Clipper games. Don't even throw that out there. Nobody is saying the Lakers don't attract good players because they're a good franchise. I'm just saying, the bling of Holywood is a very nice Ace up the sleeve so to speak.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Nice try. The clippers get Billy Crystal to the games and who else? Cmon, it's not even close. The celebs go to Laker games, not Clipper games. Don't even throw that out there. Nobody is saying the Lakers don't attract good players because they're a good franchise. I'm just saying, the bling of Holywood is a very nice Ace up the sleeve so to speak.

Again, it's not the stars in the crowd. There are stars at Knicks games, but who wants to go there? Everybody wants to play for the Lakers because of the titles. The Lakers are always championship contenders and they have a tradition of greatness. That's bigger than any stars in the crowd.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
In Game 4 the Suns took more 3 pointers than the Lakers did but had 19 more free throw attempts.

But the Suns always shoot alot of 3's and they are the only team in the NBA regular season to hit 40% of their 3's. I don't think that's even been done before. Frye's slump sorta hurt their playoff % but the fact is, they are deadly from 3 point range. LA doesn't shoot them as a team all that good (except for Kobe, he probably could shoot 40% from half court) and if they end up almost doubling how many they take, that doesn't usually work out well for them.

One more thing, if you see Fisher out there in LA, tell him to lay off the nose already, lol.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
The Lakers have shot more free throws than their opponents in 5 of 14 playoff games. I find it funny when people think that the league is fixed for the Lakers or that Kobe gets all kind of calls.

Exactly.

But pointing out the facts never seems to stop them from spouting the same old BS.

BTW, the Suns were whistled for 12 fouls. Total. In the game. 12 fouls. Never seen anything like it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 01:09 AM

Ooops! Ha!

ZONA
05-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Will the world stop if the Suns win game 5? It could happen. Good lord, I think Jack might actually go off the deep end, hahahaha.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Exactly.

But pointing out the facts never seems to stop them from spouting the same old BS.

BTW, the Suns were whistled for 12 fouls. Total. In the game. 12 fouls. Never seen anything like it.

It happens. I'm sitting on this side saying the the refs called a good game. I also have said the refs have called every game in this series well, even when Phoenix lost the first 2. I wasn't in here complaining about the refs. You're the only one (plus a few other Laker fans) who are saying the refs are costing the Lakers wins, essentially. You honestly think the Refs don't like the Lakers or something and are biased? You actually think the refs are making up fouls on the Lakers just because? What's your reason for complaining about the officiating? I think they are calling good games. The Lakers are simply fouling alot more. Period. I'm sure there were some fouls they didn't call on the Suns but I also saw about at least 6 or 7 fouls they didn't call on the Lakers, so the bad or missed calls usually wash out.

azbroncfan
05-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Let me guess without going through the posts the Laker fans are pointing to refs? Going out on a limb.

cutthemdown
05-26-2010, 04:33 AM
I didn't watch it I was rehearsing. I'm sure refs did a good job though. There are bad calls every game.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 06:07 AM
It happens. I'm sitting on this side saying the the refs called a good game. I also have said the refs have called every game in this series well, even when Phoenix lost the first 2. I wasn't in here complaining about the refs.

Ha ha ha! Ha!

Unbelievable.

Why would you complain?

After all, the FTA differential has favored the Suns every single game in this series so far except game 2 (which only slightly favored the Lakers.)

You're the only one (plus a few other Laker fans) who are saying the refs are costing the Lakers wins, essentially. You honestly think the Refs don't like the Lakers or something and are biased? You actually think the refs are making up fouls on the Lakers just because? What's your reason for complaining about the officiating? I think they are calling good games. The Lakers are simply fouling alot more. Period. I'm sure there were some fouls they didn't call on the Suns but I also saw about at least 6 or 7 fouls they didn't call on the Lakers, so the bad or missed calls usually wash out.

Once again, why should we be surprised that you think the officiating has been great when it has overwhelmingly favored your team?

Meanwhile, anyone who actually watched tonight's game noted that:

* The Suns were allowed all sorts of contact that wasn't called.

* Conversely, if a Suns player fell on the floor, it was called a foul.

* Kobe shot just 4 free throws (1 being a T) even though he attacked the paint all game.

* Lakers players were getting shoved out of bounds w/ no call.

* Many of your offensive rebounds came easy because our bigs were being held and you were getting away with it.

* Your players were clearing our guys out - but getting the call in their favor.

*Suns +2 (58-56) FTA in Games 1 and 2, Suns +41 (74-33) FTA in Games 3 and 4.

On top of that, the missed calls were just absurd. Kobe getting bumped on the only fourth quarter shot he missed, Amar'e riding on Pau's back on his put back slam off Artest's miss, Amundson with the straight arm in Farmar's back when he turns it over for stepping on the line, and on and on.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Will the world stop if the Suns win game 5?

I wouldn't get your hopes up - chances are you wont be awarded 20 more FT attempts than the Lakers when you come back to L.A.

Anything less than that won't be enough to keep you in the game. Ha!

Inkana7
05-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Ooops! Ha!

No, not oops. The Suns' offense is predicated on shooting 3s and a pick and roll inside game. The Lakers are not a 3 point shooting team. Their offense has changed due to this Zone defense.

Stop whining.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Let me guess without going through the posts the Laker fans are pointing to refs? Going out on a limb.

I'm more annoyed at the Lakers lazy defense against 3 point shooters who didn't have the ball. To many wide open three point shots because of lazy defense.

The Lakers can't control the refs, but they can control how they play defense, and they failed at that.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 07:52 AM
No, not oops. The Suns' offense is predicated on shooting 3s and a pick and roll inside game. The Lakers are not a 3 point shooting team. Their offense has changed due to this Zone defense.

Stop whining.

That's besides the point. The point is that the Suns shot more 3 pointers but still got to the free throw line way more. So the point that the Lakers settled for three point shots is the reason why they didn't get to the line as much is not true.

BTW, the Suns were 7th in the league in three point shot attempts. The Lakers were 10th.

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up - chances are you wont be awarded 20 more FT attempts than the Lakers when you come back to L.A.

Anything less than that won't be enough to keep you in the game. Ha!

The Refs.....Losers are always crying about the refs. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.

http://www.moviecatcher.net/images/sean-connery-in-the-rock1.jpg

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 08:29 AM
The Suns are the more aggressive team. They have the more athletic guards. Kobe is really the only guard (Brown is explosive but does not play a lot) in that lineup who can easily finish at the rim. Nash isn't the most explosive guy, but the guards who come off the bench for Pheonix and Richardson are very explosive and athletic. Lakers have not taken enough advantage of their height inside. Gasol and Odom need to back down defenders, take the double team, kick out and the Lakers need to hit the open 3's. Is there a solid 3 point option for the Lakers outside of Bryant and Fisher? Also, Bynum and his knee have not helped LA's chances.

gunns
05-26-2010, 09:14 AM

Well damn, maybe that's why the Jazz lost....Lakers 118 free throws, Jazz 107. Yeah that's it. I know, I know, that's an even amount to you. Yes I know the game, been watching since Russell became the greatest player. I watch a lot of sports and the one thing I know is you don't blame the refs calls. There is too much game played otherwise to do that. And I referenced the other person's Raider call, I was referencing Raider fans who are known for blaming everything bad that has ever happened to the Raiders on the refs.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 12:10 PM
I think people are over analyzing certain aspects of why the Lakers lost two games.

Was it the zone defense? I say hell no. Lakers averaged 107.5 points per game and shot 48.3% against it. Okay, so the Lakers didn't average like 128 points per game like they did in Games 1 and 2. All that's telling me is that the zone defense is just a little less crappy than their man defense. The Lakers put up a lot of points in Phoenix.

Was it the refs? I'd say the refs played a part, but that's not where I'd put the bulk of the blame. Going into the games at Phoenix I knew that the Suns would get a lot more calls. That's how the NBA works. Home team gets more calls to go their way. The two teams could have played the exact same way in LA and the free throws would have been near even. The Lakers may have even had an edge. In the playoffs we can really see that because the same teams play each other game after game. There is no way that the Suns shoot 20+ more free throws than the Lakers in LA.

But again, that's not where I'd put the blame.

Kobe was asked about the Suns zone defense, and asked if Pau needed to be more involved in the offense. Kobe pretty much summed up exactly why the Lakers lost. He was like "no, our defense sucked."

That's really it right there. The Lakers can't control what the refs do, and they know that they aren't going to get the calls in Phoenix, so just get over that one. Road team takes the **** end of the stick, that's just how it is in the NBA. The Lakers played really good on offense, out shooting the Suns from the field in both games. But the 3 point defense, which is totally in their control, was embarrassingly bad. A lot of those made 3 point shots by the Suns were wide open 3s. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The ball would be on one side of the court, and on the other side of the court there would be a 3 point shooter standing behind the 3 point line pretty much unguarded. Like, his defender (Odom a few times), was playing more towards the middle of the court. I guess he was thinking that by the time the ball gets over to that shooter he'll rotate over. Well the Lakers defenders were wrong over and over on that one. Two quick passes and the ball is now in that wide open 3 point shooters hands and you see a Lakers defender running at him trying to defend the shot, but he can't, because he was out of position. If he was guarding his man when the ball was on the other side of the court then the Phoenix player probably wouldn't have even taken the shot by the time it was swung around to him, and if he did it probably would have been a miss because he would of had a hand in his face. Take away some of those 3 point baskets and the Lakers win, even with the Suns getting 20+ more free throw attempts.

The Lakers got killed in something that they had total control of. That's why I'm not so quick to jump on the refs. I do believes that the refs played a role, but if the Lakers take care of business on something so simple then they don't have to worry about the refs giving the home team all the calls. When you're on the road you have to play flawless. It's like that in most sports.

Mr.Meanie
05-26-2010, 12:26 PM
I think people are over analyzing certain aspects of why the Lakers lost two games.

Was it the zone defense? I say hell no. Lakers averaged 107.5 points per game and shot 48.3% against it. Okay, so the Lakers didn't average like 128 points per game like they did in Games 1 and 2. All that's telling me is that the zone defense is just a little less crappy than their man defense. The Lakers put up a lot of points in Phoenix.

Was it the refs? I'd say the refs played a part, but that's not where I'd put the bulk of the blame. Going into the games at Phoenix I knew that the Suns would get a lot more calls. That's how the NBA works. Home team gets more calls to go their way. The two teams could have played the exact same way in LA and the free throws would have been near even. The Lakers may have even had an edge. In the playoffs we can really see that because the same teams play each other game after game. There is no way that the Suns shoot 20+ more free throws than the Lakers in LA.

But again, that's not where I'd put the blame.

Kobe was asked about the Suns zone defense, and asked if Pau needed to be more involved in the offense. Kobe pretty much summed up exactly why the Lakers lost. He was like "no, our defense sucked."

That's really it right there. The Lakers can't control what the refs do, and they know that they aren't going to get the calls in Phoenix, so just get over that one. Road team takes the **** end of the stick, that's just how it is in the NBA. The Lakers played really good on offense, out shooting the Suns from the field in both games. But the 3 point defense, which is totally in their control, was embarrassingly bad. A lot of those made 3 point shots by the Suns were wide open 3s. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The ball would be on one side of the court, and on the other side of the court there would be a 3 point shooter standing behind the 3 point line pretty much unguarded. Like, his defender (Odom a few times), was playing more towards the middle of the court. I guess he was thinking that by the time the ball gets over to that shooter he'll rotate over. Well the Lakers defenders were wrong over and over on that one. Two quick passes and the ball is now in that wide open 3 point shooters hands and you see a Lakers defender running at him trying to defend the shot, but he can't, because he was out of position. If he was guarding his man when the ball was on the other side of the court then the Phoenix player probably wouldn't have even taken the shot by the time it was swung around to him, and if he did it probably would have been a miss because he would of had a hand in his face. Take away some of those 3 point baskets and the Lakers win, even with the Suns getting 20+ more free throw attempts.

The Lakers got killed in something that they had total control of. That's why I'm not so quick to jump on the refs. I do believes that the refs played a role, but if the Lakers take care of business on something so simple then they don't have to worry about the refs giving the home team all the calls. When you're on the road you have to play flawless. It's like that in most sports.

Exactly. well said. It was so frustrating to see wide open bench players sitting there, nailing 3 after 3 after 3 in the 4th quarter. I would rather have Stoudamire go off for 45 points and lock down the perimeter.

If they don't get that under control they have no business making the Finals.

azbroncfan
05-26-2010, 12:50 PM

Stop whining.

Exactly when you play a zone you won't foul as much and the only way to get people out of a zone is to make your outside shots. LA was shooting 60 percent in game 1 and 2 which isn't sustainable for many more games. Suns shot the 3 bad in first couple games plus Amare played like Jane in those games. I hope they can go to LA and steal game 5 but I doubt it will happen. Stern wants his LA/Boston matchup.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I hope they can go to LA and steal game 5 but I doubt it will happen. Stern wants his LA/Boston matchup.

Enough of this BS. Suns fans are telling Lakers fans to shut up about the refs, but a comment like this is doing the same exact thing. He's getting his complaining in before the game.

The Lakers are better, and the better teams usually wins series. Chances are that the Suns aren't going to win a game in LA. Not because there is some kind of fix, but because the Lakers are better. They earned home court advantage because they are the better team. So they don't have to win in Phoenix. I hope they do win in Phoenix to get this series over asap, but they've earned the right not to have to do so.

Sorry, but it doesn't have to be fixed for the better team to win. And if you want to scream fix, who has gotten the bulk of the calls this series? Yeah, that's what I thought. So far the refs aren't doing the Lakers any favors.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Look - there is no fix, and the Lakers are just getting out played right now. Period. That's what's going on here folks. Cry about it all you want. The Suns got outplayed in Games 1 and 2 and LA got outplayed in games 3 and 4. Game on. Are the Lakers the better team, as McLA is boasting? We shall see. All I know is if the Suns win game 5, I don't want to see any of this BS about the Lakers being the better team and that the refs are pissing on their Finals chances. If the Lakers win game 5, then so be it. Say what you want as the series moves back to Phoenix.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Exactly when you play a zone you won't foul as much and the only way to get people out of a zone is to make your outside shots. LA was shooting 60 percent in game 1 and 2 which isn't sustainable for many more games. Suns shot the 3 bad in first couple games plus Amare played like Jane in those games. I hope they can go to LA and steal game 5 but I doubt it will happen. Stern wants his LA/Boston matchup.

Ha ha ha! ROFL!

First you scold the Lakers fans for suggesting that there's something fishy about the FT differential over the last two games, and then you end your post with a statement indicating you believe the fix is in for the finals.

You couldn't have summed up the Laker hater mentality more accurately.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 06:48 PM

Lakers: 60 3PTA vs 33 FTA = .55 free throw attempts per 3 pt attempt
Suns: 50 3PTA vs 74 FTA = 1.48 free throw attempts per 3 pt attempt

There goes that argument....

Lakers shoot a better FG%, we have less turnovers, more assists - aside from rebounding our numbers looked good, but Phoenix gets bailed out with almost three times as many FTs.

Reffing has been so inconsistent. Touch fouls every time we try to play defense on Phoenix while Gasol gets pinballed around inside and not a single call. Lucky for us, Gasol can still finish even with a shove a good portion of the time.

I remember one call on Fisher where Doug Collins was saying "that was an unfortunate call on Fisher - basically every contact can be called a foul, but in the NBA, calls are made only if someone ends up getting an advantage. I don't know if Fisher got an advantage on that one."

At the start of the 4th Q the refs blew the whistle like 3 times in a maybe 20 seconds and just blew away our defensive effort.. one call was where the guard ran into Bynum's hip instead of Bynum hip checking..

Stop whining.

Stop burrying your head in the sand - you're just another hater who wants to see the Lakers lose no matter how it happens, and everyone knows it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Interesting excerpt from a Charley Rosen analysis on foxsports.com...

OK, what can be expected when the series returns to L.A.?

Phoenix probably won’t shoot as well on a foreign court.

The Suns won’t get the benefit of so many questionable foul calls.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Los-Angeles-Lakers-have-problems-to-solves-in-West-finals

Maximus
05-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Its not the zone it's ****ty defense. The Lakers are not closing out on shooters and making stupid fouls

Maximus
05-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I can't believe how horrible the Lakers 3 point defense has been. They aren't guarding 3 point shooters who don't have the ball. When the Suns swing the ball over you see a Laker running at him as he's taking a wide open 3. How about guarding the guy before he gets the ball. That's really been the difference in this game. The Suns have been nailing wide open all night.

Man... I had to close my window!!! How can you be one of the best three point defending teams in the league and just fall asleep against one of the best 3 point shooting teams ??? talk about pissed!!!

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Look - there is no fix, and the Lakers are just getting out played right now. Period. That's what's going on here folks. Cry about it all you want. The Suns got outplayed in Games 1 and 2 and LA got outplayed in games 3 and 4. Game on. Are the Lakers the better team, as McLA is boasting? We shall see. All I know is if the Suns win game 5, I don't want to see any of this BS about the Lakers being the better team and that the refs are pissing on their Finals chances. If the Lakers win game 5, then so be it. Say what you want as the series moves back to Phoenix.

Lakers are being outplayed? Hmmm. Well they did out shoot the Suns in both games at Phoenix. And yes, they are the better team. You're hoping that the Suns can "steal" game 5. You said that yourself. If the Suns were the better team they wouldn't have to steal it, it would be their game to lose. But it's not, and don't count on a win.

And like I implied, there is no fix. Your fellow Suns fan implied that.

Jason in LA
05-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Man... I had to close my window!!! How can you be one of the best three point defending teams in the league and just fall asleep against one of the best 3 point shooting teams ??? talk about pissed!!!

I was watching the game with my pops and he had to tell me a few times to calm down. Like, I can understand a team hitting tough shots. But wide open shots? That's not acceptable. Guard some of those three point shooters before they get the ball and the Lakers probably win the game.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Lakers are being outplayed? Hmmm.

Yes, outplayed. And even sometimes by the Phoenix bench to boot?

Well they did out shoot the Suns in both games at Phoenix.

If they did it wasn't by much. And Phoenix "outshot" LA when it counted, down the stretch.

And yes, they are the better team. You're hoping that the Suns can "steal" game 5. You said that yourself. If the Suns were the better team they wouldn't have to steal it, it would be their game to lose. But it's not, and don't count on a win.

To steal the game implies getting a win on the other teams court. It doesn't mean the other team is better, especially in a tied series, jesus.

And like I implied, there is no fix. Your fellow Suns fan implied that.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't refering that you said that.

And I would just like to add, don't forget LA is fouling the Suns like 5 or 6 times at the end of the game to try and see if the Suns will miss free throws. That's 10 foul shots right there. So it's not as lopsided as you are exasperating.

azbroncfan
05-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Ha ha ha! ROFL!

First you scold the Lakers fans for suggesting that there's something fishy about the FT differential over the last two games, and then you end your post with a statement indicating you believe the fix is in for the finals.

You couldn't have summed up the Laker hater mentality more accurately.

No that is all you do is complain about the refs. I said that because the home team always gets the calls. The Lakers happen to be the game 5 home team which is the biggest game in the series when it is 2-2. All I know is if the Lakers win you will say it's because they are a better team and if they lose you will point out the FT's. The team that shoots the most FT's usually wins how coincidence is that.

Maximus
05-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I was watching the game with my pops and he had to tell me a few times to calm down. Like, I can understand a team hitting tough shots. But wide open shots? That's not acceptable. Guard some of those three point shooters before they get the ball and the Lakers probably win the game.

Yeah, that game was tough to watch. It's the first time I didn't watch the press conferences after the game. I just read the Latimes article about the game a few minutes ago and guess who agrees with us?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-web-20100527,0,1746277.story

Said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson: "I don't know. We shot 49%, didn't we? That's pretty good. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't say we're struggling against the zone. I think we're struggling at the defensive end. That's where I see it."

Kobe Bryant, who had 38 points and 10 assists, concurred. But he put it a little more bluntly when asked about his taking only four shots in the fourth quarter.

"We didn't lose the game because of that," he said. "We lost the game because our defense sucked."

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 09:40 PM
No that is all you do is complain about the refs. I said that because the home team always gets the calls.

Facts mean absolutely nothing to you, obviously.

I already posted the numbers showing that the Suns have been awarded more FTs in this series in every game except game 2.

The Lakers happen to be the game 5 home team which is the biggest game in the series when it is 2-2. All I know is if the Lakers win you will say it's because they are a better team and if they lose you will point out the FT's. The team that shoots the most FT's usually wins how coincidence is that.

I know that if the Lakers win, then it won't be because they were given 20+ more FTs than the Suns, that much is certain.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Well they did out shoot the Suns in both games at Phoenix.

Exactly.

That was my point - the FT differential is what made the difference.

Oh well, I guess Lakers fans can take it as some sort of tacit compliment that the league needs to handicap us in order to extend a playoff series. Ha!

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Its not the zone it's ****ty defense. The Lakers are not closing out on shooters and making stupid fouls

A near 20 point disparity. Sorry, it is partially the zone D. Not entirely, but partially. Yes I agree, the Lakers also player shi**y D. I'd also like to add that it is entirely likely that the Suns got some favorable calls at home, but that does happen in the NBA. There is no conspiracy against the Lakers here. The SUNS have at times forced the issue, created the contact and put the Lakers in foul trouble. They are making the refs blow their whistles. You Laker fans on here are too quick to either blame the officials for a Laker loss or the Laker players. Perhaps you should give some credit to the Suns for their wins. Many teams would have folded like a cheap tent down 2-0 against a team like LA, the Suns did not, give them some props.

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Good for Orlando. I thought that Boston was going to bring out the brooms but Orlando has fought back.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 09:54 PM
There is no conspiracy against the Lakers here.

No, but if you don't think the NBA tries to influence the outcome of games in order to extend playoff series (which = >$$$ for all interested parties) then you are just naive.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Laker fans on here still sticking with their +20 FTA crap. Not even one of you has addressed my statement about 10 of those FT's coming at the end of the game in the last minute. Which means the Suns shot 10 more foul shots during the course of the game exluding the last minute when the Lakers just purposly fouled. Let's see, doesn't 10 foul shots = 5 fouls. You guys don't have a leg to stand on when you are whining about the refs over 5 fouls. Oh yeah, and I think the Suns even shot a few technical free throws. Let's knock that differential down yet again. Hahahahahaha.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:01 PM
You Laker fans on here are too quick to either blame the officials for a Laker loss or the Laker players. Perhaps you should give some credit to the Suns for their wins. Many teams would have folded like a cheap tent down 2-0 against a team like LA, the Suns did not, give them some props.

Pointing out the ridiculous FTA disparity in the series doesn't mean discounting anything the Suns have done right or excusing anything the Lakers have done wrong - please don't confuse the two issues.

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 10:03 PM
No, but if you don't think the NBA tries to influence the outcome of games in order to extend playoff series (which = >$$$ for all interested parties) then you are just naive.

We are all either too naive or don't watch enough NBA. Thankfully we have you to point that out to us. You are my compass. :approve:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/637933/2/istockphoto_637933-compass-vector-old-look-with-windrose.jpg

Seriously though, nothing would surprise me, but I find it much more likely that the Suns have just wanted these last 2 games more than the Lakers.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:03 PM
A near 20 point disparity. Sorry, it is partially the zone D. Not entirely, but partially. Yes I agree, the Lakers also player shi**y D. I'd also like to add that it is entirely likely that the Suns got some favorable calls at home, but that does happen in the NBA. There is no conspiracy against the Lakers here. The SUNS have at times forced the issue, created the contact and put the Lakers in foul trouble. They are making the refs blow their whistles. You Laker fans on here are too quick to either blame the officials for a Laker loss or the Laker players. Perhaps you should give some credit to the Suns for their wins. Many teams would have folded like a cheap tent down 2-0 against a team like LA, the Suns did not, give them some props.

Dude, seriously. You're asking Laker fans to give credit to their opponent. Not gonna happen. If the Lakers lose, it's because the refs, or the stars were aligned wrong. It couldn't possibly be that their team got outplayed.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Laker fans on here still sticking with their +20 FTA crap. Not even one of you has addressed my statement about 10 of those FT's coming at the end of the game in the last minute. Which means the Suns shot 10 more foul shots during the course of the game exluding the last minute when the Lakers just purposly fouled. Let's see, doesn't 10 foul shots = 5 fouls. You guys don't have a leg to stand on when you are whining about the refs over 5 fouls. Oh yeah, and I think the Suns even shot a few technical free throws. Let's knock that differential down yet again. Hahahahahaha.

Nice attempt to avoid the big picture, i.e., the FTA differential for the entire series so far.

What's your excuse for the 20+ in favor of the Suns in game 3, BTW?

Maximus
05-26-2010, 10:05 PM

http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox2/Playoff%20Averages.jpg

The Lakers scored 1 point above their playoff average ( 105 ppg ) and you say it was the zone Ha! On the other hand they gave up 14 points more than their average. Sounds like defense to Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Jason and all the rest of the Laker fans including me!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Dude, seriously. You're asking Laker fans to give credit to their opponent. Not gonna happen. If the Lakers lose, it's because the refs, or the stars were aligned wrong. It couldn't possibly be that their team got outplayed.

This isn't about giving credit or taking away credit from either team - it's simply about the mind-boggling FTA differential favoring one team.

Why must you confuse the issue?

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:10 PM

The Lakers scored 1 point above their playoff average ( 105 ppg ) and you say it was the zone Ha! On the other hand they gave up 14 points more than their average. Sounds like defense to Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Jason and all the rest of the Laker fans including me!

I think the Zone has changed how the Lakers have been scoring somewhat. Not as many easy buckets in the paint as before and they've had to shoot more outside shots. Kobe last night was just making everything from outside. Seemed like every time a Suns player made a 3 pointer, Kobe was saying I'm not letting this game get away from us and kept making his own clutch 3 pointers. It became a back and forth scoring fest and that's what the Suns like. If the Lakers are going to clog up the middle with bigs, it's going to be hard for them to get outside to the shooters.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:12 PM
This isn't about giving credit or taking away credit from either team - it's simply about the mind-boggling FTA differential favoring one team.

Why must you confuse the issue?

and why must you continue to not addresss the issue I already asked you about. Take the last game, 5 fouls by Lakers in last minute of game = 10 FT's. How many times do I have to frickin say this. Like I said, it's easier for you Laker fans to stick with your +20 crap.

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 10:14 PM

This is simple math. First two games the Suns gave up 128 and 124 points. In the next two they gave up 109 and 106. I could care less about the Lakers average during the regular season against teams not named Pheonix. This is a Lakers-Suns series, no other teams are relevant. I already admited that the Lakers D has sucked these last two games, but Pheonix has also improved their D.

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Pointing out the ridiculous FTA disparity in the series doesn't mean discounting anything the Suns have done right or excusing anything the Lakers have done wrong - please don't confuse the two issues.

Fair enough, however it would be interesting to see what you perceive that the Suns have done right in this series. I have the last 6 pages from you and other Laker fans telling me what the refs and Lakers have done wrong.

azbroncfan
I have a feeling you could pull up last 3 years of NBA threads and LABF would be saying the same garbage about the refs. What about the Utah series dude? LA shot more FT's there.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
and why must you continue to not addresss the issue I already asked you about. Take the last game, 5 fouls by Lakers in last minute of game = 10 FT's. How many times do I have to frickin say this. Like I said, it's easier for you Laker fans to stick with your +20 crap.

There you go ignoring the big picture again...

Series so far:

Game 1 - Suns +10
Game 2 - Lakers +8
Game 3 - Suns +22
Game 4 - Suns +19Foul numbers for two games in Phoenix:

Amar'e FTA: 30

Regardless of rebounds or turnovers we have made more FGs and have actually shot a better % in both games. The difference is FT attempts.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:18 PM
This is simple math. First two games the Suns gave up 128 and 124 points. In the next two they gave up 109 and 106. I could care less about the Lakers average during the regular season against teams not named Pheonix. This is a Lakers-Suns series, no other teams are relevant. I already admited that the Lakers D has sucked these last two games, but Pheonix has also improved their D.

And everybody is always quick to say the Suns defense sucks. Well, it was better then the other teams defense quite a bit this year and in the playoffs it has been better then Portlands, San Antonio's and thus far, just as good as the Lakers'.

Maximus
05-26-2010, 10:19 PM
I think the Zone has changed how the Lakers have been scoring somewhat. Not as many easy buckets in the paint as before and they've had to shoot more outside shots. Kobe last night was just making everything from outside. Seemed like every time a Suns player made a 3 pointer, Kobe was saying I'm not letting this game get away from us and kept making his own clutch 3 pointers. It became a back and forth scoring fest and that's what the Suns like. If the Lakers are going to clog up the middle with bigs, it's going to be hard for them to get outside to the shooters.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox2/Phoenix%20Playoff%20Averages.jpg

Our style may have changed but their defense didn't stop us read the stats. Their defense gives up 101 ppg. We scored 106. So much for stopping us! They average 107 ppg and we gave up 115 points

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:22 PM
There you go ignoring the big picture again...

Series so far:

OK - let me break this down for you bro.

This is your chart:

Game 1 - Suns +10
Game 2 - Lakers +8
Game 3 - Suns +22
Game 4 - Suns +19

Let me fix this chart for you to show the TRUE FT attempts and not the garbage fouls at the end of the last 2 games. The Suns did a tad of that in game 2 but not much and there was no need in game 1 since it was a blowout.

Game 1 - Suns +10 (5 fouls)
Game 2 - Lakers +8 (4 fouls)
Game 3 - Suns +14 (7 fouls)
Game 4 - Suns +10 (5 fouls)

The first 2 games really cancel eachother out. So the last 2 games, the Lakers have been called for about 13 more fouls that were not garbage time fouls. Sound about right? Trust me, the Lakers coaches and players know this and they are going to be trying to fix the real issue, not worrying about a handful of calls.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:25 PM
http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox2/Phoenix%20Playoff%20Averages.jpg

Our style may have changed but their defense didn't stop us read the stats. Their defense gives up 101 ppg. We scored 106. So much for stopping us! They average 107 ppg and we gave up 115 points

Why in the hell are you looking at playoff avg's instead of series avg's? The Lakers almost scored 130 in the first two games and now they hardly get over 100. I'd say that the ZONE has done something. And it has also changed in how the Lakers have been scoring. Look at point in the paint the first two vs last two and tell me what you find. Doh.

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Somebody has been noticeably absent from this thread since the Lakers lost in game 4. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Cough.....24Champ......Cough.

azbroncfan
05-26-2010, 10:29 PM
It's hard to beat a team that shoots just under 60 percent from the field and over 50 percent from 3 like LA did first two games. Now the zone still is allowing them to get those shots they just aren't knocking them down like they were because the stats will equal out over the long haul.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Let me fix this chart for you to show the TRUE FT attempts and not the garbage fouls at the end of the last 2 games.

Ha ha ha! :laugh:

Trying to make those numbers say what you want them to say is sort of a "which came first - the chicken or the egg?" problem.

You can just as easily make the case that the Lakers wouldn't have been in a position where they needed to take those garbage time fouls had the first three quarters been called evenly. Ignore this, and you ignore the fact that the way games are called have a direct effect on how aggressive a team can play.

In both of your home games, you have been allowed a VERY disproportionate amount of contact, i.e., on the other end it has been "breathe on a Sun and it's a foul."

In game 1 in L.A. you were +10 in FTA and lost.
Game 2 in L.A. was just +8 Lakers.

Inkana7
05-26-2010, 10:35 PM
ha ha ha! :laugh:

Trying to make those numbers say what you want them to say is sort of a "which came first - the chicken or the egg?" problem.

you can just as easily make the case that the lakers wouldn't have been in a position where they needed to take those garbage time fouls had the first three quarters been called evenly. ignore this, and you ignore the fact that the way games are called have a direct effect on how aggressive a team can play.

In both of your home games, you have been allowed a very disproportionate amount of contact, i.e., on the other end it has been "breathe on a sun and it's a foul."

in game 1 in l.a. You were +10 in fta and lost.
Game 2 in l.a. Was just +8 lakers.

lol

Maximus
05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Why in the hell are you looking at playoff avg's instead of series avg's? The Lakers almost scored 130 in the first two games and now they hardly get over 100. I'd say that the ZONE has done something. And it has also changed in how the Lakers have been scoring. Look at point in the paint the first two vs last two and tell me what you find. Doh.

Ha! I'm trying to let you have an argument. Hell the season average differential was +15 in favor of the Lakers. The regular season stats over all or playoff stats show the best defensive trends not individual match ups. The The lakers scoring figure is remaining constant while phoenix is scoring more in the playoffs because they don't play good defense so they try to out score opponents.

For instance the Lakers only gave up 96.97 ppg in the regular season versus 101 now. Phoenix gave up 105.32 during the regular season so... where is the defense for both teams. Its not phoenix its the Lakers playing zero defense

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:40 PM
How about Nash creating space on Fisher all game?
How about Drew getting shoved in the back on that late dunk by Dumbly?
How about J-Rich going to the hole and clearing out the defender every time?
Barbosa the same?
Kobe getting hit every time he went to the hole?
Pau, Drew and LO all getting hacked to bits going for rebounds?

Only Suns fans and Laker haters failed to notice.

Maximus
05-26-2010, 10:52 PM

BTW we averaged 108 ppg to 101 ppg head to head in the regular season matchup so, its just another example of us not playing good defense. Bottom line they are not stopping us with that sissy defense. The problem is we're not playing our normal defense against them!

http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/team_splits.html
http://www.nba.com/suns/stats/team_splits.html

http://www.frontiernet.net/~junkmailbox2/Western%20Averages.jpg

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Barbosa the same?

How about all of those calls that didn't get called against the Lakers in the first four games. Or how about all of those calls that were bad calls made against the Suns. Listen, you can play the victim all you want here. We can go back and forth as to what is the real reason why the series is tied 2-2. It won't change anything. Now, when can I expect to see you admit that the Suns are a solid team and are partially responsible for their success thus far. It is much easier to say that the FT determined the game and the Lakers played poorly than it is to admit the Suns were simply the better team the last 2 games.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:59 PM
The problem is we're not playing our normal defense against them!

Hard to do that when you get called for every little touch foul.

Eventually our guys become more tentative on defense.

And don't forget all the offensive fouls they never called. One of the more blatant ones was Amare's missed dunk over Pau where Pau went up to contest and Amare bent him over backwards with his off arm fully extended. No call.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 11:02 PM
How about all of those calls that didn't get called against the Lakers in the first four games.

Such as?

Give us your list.

BTW, do you not realize that the Suns were also +10 in FTA in game 1 in L.A.?

Now, when can I expect to see you admit that the Suns are a solid team and are partially responsible for their success thus far.

When they win a game that's called evenly.

Maximus
05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Hard to do that when you get called for every little touch foul.

Eventually our guys become more tentative on defense.

And don't forget all the offensive fouls they never called. One of the more blatant ones was Amare's missed dunk over Pau where Pau went up to contest and Amare bent him over backwards with his off arm fully extended. No call.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that at all. The officiating played a factor but the GCF was lack of intensity when closing out the 3 point shooters.

ohiobronco2
05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Such as?

Give us your list.

BTW, do you not realize that the Suns were also +10 in FTA in game 1 in L.A.?

When they win a game that's called evenly.

I don't have the games Tivo'd. I don't have a list because I'm not looking for an excuse for when my team loses. I'm not desperately trying to defend my team on a message board. I really don't have a dog in this fight (other than trying to get you to give credit to other teams. Obviously a losing battle). But much like you assumption that I must be naive not to believe that the NBA has a financial interest not to extend a series, I think you must be naive if you think that the Lakers have been called for every foul they have committed. I could care less if the Suns attempted more FT in game one. I don't think a fix is in. I think LA won the first two games because they played better and I think the Suns won the next two because they played better. It's really that simple to me.

Jason in LA
05-27-2010, 12:47 AM
And I would just like to add, don't forget LA is fouling the Suns like 5 or 6 times at the end of the game to try and see if the Suns will miss free throws. That's 10 foul shots right there. So it's not as lopsided as you are exasperating.

Oh that's BS. In Game 3 I believe the Suns had 20 free throw attempts to the Lakers 3 at halftime.

And when you say steal a game, it does mean win a game that you're really not supposed to. If the Lakers had won either game at Phoenix, it wouldn't have been stealing it. The better team would have just won. If the Lakers win Game 5, they won't be trying to steal Game 6, they'll be looking to close out the series. The phrase "steal a game" is never used with the better team, it is always used for the underdog, and usually the underdog doesn't steal the game.

Jason in LA
05-27-2010, 12:50 AM
No that is all you do is complain about the refs. I said that because the home team always gets the calls. The Lakers happen to be the game 5 home team which is the biggest game in the series when it is 2-2. All I know is if the Lakers win you will say it's because they are a better team and if they lose you will point out the FT's. The team that shoots the most FT's usually wins how coincidence is that.

Actually that's not true. Higher shooting percentage and more rebounds have more of a factor, well, unless one team shoots 20+ more free throws than the other team. That's when it becomes a factor.

Jason in LA
05-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Dang, you act like we're sitting here waiting to respond to every post you leave.

I responded to it, and it's BS. The Suns are ahead in free throws the entire game.

ZONA
05-27-2010, 12:57 AM
I think LA won the first two games because they played better and I think the Suns won the next two because they played better. It's really that simple to me.

It is simple. Because that's exactly correct. The Laker fans just can't give anybody else any credit at all. If their team loses, there must be some other explanation other then their team got outplayed.

I'm ready for tomorrow man. I'll give the Lakers credit if they win but I betcha if the Suns win, the Laker fans here will be in rare form, lol.

Jason in LA
05-27-2010, 12:59 AM
I have a feeling you could pull up last 3 years of NBA threads and LABF would be saying the same garbage about the refs. What about the Utah series dude? LA shot more FT's there.

From what I remember the FTs were pretty close in that series. I believe the Lakers had a very slight edge. But in the first round and this round they are getting a lot less free throw attempts than their opponent, especially on the road.

ZONA
05-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Oh that's BS. In Game 3 I believe the Suns had 20 free throw attempts to the Lakers 3.

And when you say steal a game, it does mean win a game that you're really not supposed to. If the Lakers had won either game at Phoenix, it wouldn't have been stealing it. The better team would have just won. If the Lakers win Game 5, they won't be trying to steal Game 6, they'll be looking to close out the series. The phrase "steal a game" is never used with the better team, it is always used for the underdog, and usually the underdog doesn't steal the game.

I'm sorry but you are clueless. I wish some other NBA fans would come in here and confirm this. Even when the Suns were up against the Spurs 2-0, you hear the players and coaches say, we need to steal a game on their home court. That's what that means. It has nothing to do with the win/loss records of the teams. It's all about home court. Go look it up dude. I can't believe you think it's not that.

Here are just a few quotes I looked up just now. These were before the Magic and Celtics even played game 1 in their series.

bleacherreport.com "If the Magic allow them to steal one in Orlando, that puts all the pressure on them"

nba.com "Roll in the fact that they are one of the better road teams in the NBA, and I like the Magic to steal one of the first 2 in Boston"

Good god, I can't believe you think it's about who's the better team. Only in LA I guess.

Jason7730
05-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Barbosa the same?

Oh boy, somebody call the whambulance....:rofl:

Jason in LA
05-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm sorry but you are clueless. I wish some other NBA fans would come in here and confirm this. Even when the Suns were up against the Spurs 2-0, you hear the players and coaches say, we need to steal a game on their home court. That's what that means. It has nothing to do with the win/loss records of the teams. It's all about home court. Go look it up dude. I can't believe you think it's not that.

Here are just a few quotes I looked up just now. These were before the Magic and Celtics even played game 1 in their series.

bleacherreport.com "If the Magic allow them to steal one in Orlando, that puts all the pressure on them"

nba.com "Roll in the fact that they are one of the better road teams in the NBA, and I like the Magic to steal one of the first 2 in Boston"

Good god, I can't believe you think it's about who's the better team. Only in LA I guess.

Sorry, but that's not how I view it. Stealing a game means that the team really wasn't supposed to win that game in the first place. The Lakers have a better chance of winning in Phoenix than the Suns do of winning in LA. If the Lakers win this in 6 it's not because they stole a game. Championship teams don't steal games. They are supposed to win those games. Underdogs steal games.

BTW, you use those quotes as if there is a factual way to use that phrase. That is a phrase, just like a lot of phrases, that can be interpreted in different ways. So you can save that clueless BS. I guess everybody who disagrees with you is clueless. lol