PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

spdirty
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
****in stepped out. **** these refs.

That idiot call by a ****ing nba ref probably decides a playoff game. Again.

Dagmar
04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
These refs were shocking, but we shat the bed to end the 1st half.

spdirty
04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Damnit, this isnt gonna be a 5 game series.

broncswin
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
wow...billups had his head up his a$$ tonight...between him and the zebras...the nuggs were terrible. How the hell do you miss a guy putting his whole fing foot out of bounds, while you are watching him-----------this question is for you zebra

Paladin
04-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Fugginf refs were sucking off the Utah Jizz tonight! Absolutely horribly officiated game. I don't want no damm Jizz fan to come in here and brag about that sorry arsed game. Those sons of b*tching refs were the worse crew I have ever seen in the NBA, and I have seen several. Gowddamm flopppers, and the dumarsed refs fell for it. I have no respect whatsoever for the Utah Jizz now.

So, after I calm down, I will tell you how I really feel about the Jizz and the fugging refs.....

Broncosfreak_56
04-19-2010, 10:54 PM
The nuggets are playing like the 08 team. No excuses for them. I am so pissed, mostly at the play of the nuggets. So goddamn inconsistent.

azbroncfan
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
****in stepped out. **** these refs.

That idiot call by a ****ing nba ref probably decides a playoff game. Again.

That call on Melo was well deserved. He was hacking the crap out of him and why was he playing so tight with 5 fouls. In fact as I type this up both Kenny and Charles are talking about the exact thing that there was no need for it and it took him out of the game. I like physical games and it was called pretty even on both sides, lots of no calls, lots of tick/tack fouls, offensive, etc. That is basketball.

Side note did you guys notice Champ and couldn't tell who was with him giving DWill the hand shake and pat on the back?

Paladin
04-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Pretty even your arse. There were no blocking fouls called on the Flopping Jizz. In fact, the Flopping Jizz got a lot of "charging" calls which were aided by flops. That fugging ref had his frigging hands on Williams' dyck the whole night.
That's why he coupdn't see the foot out of bounds before the Mello call. Not a fricking thing even about it......

Orange4Life
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Even Champ loves Deron

azbroncfan
04-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Pretty even your arse. There were no blocking fouls called on the Flopping Jizz. In fact, the Flopping Jizz got a lot of "charging" calls which were aided by flops. That fugging ref had his frigging hands on Williams' dyck the whole night.
That's why he coupdn't see the foot out of bounds before the Mello call. Not a fricking thing even about it......

You guys are just about as bad as SUNS fans for calling out the refs. I don't care to look it up but I'll dare say the foul shots were within 5 and the Jazz shot 4 at the end with intentional fouls. Of course Williams got the calls just like Melo did they both played aggressive. That's how you get calls go hard to the hoop. Melo had forearm on Miles with right arm and arm bar with the left pushing him out of bounds. Did the announcers or any post game guys say it was a bad call? No they all said it was the right call and Melo was stupid for taking himself out of the game. It's one game and you guys are melting down. Utah played well undermanned and it would still take a miracle to win this series. Either way either team is going to get killed next round.

watermock
04-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Weird calls.

Melo wanted Kobe calls.

Pretty simple, didn't happen.

Buy a clue.

spdirty
04-19-2010, 11:23 PM
That call on Melo was well deserved. He was hacking the crap out of him and why was he playing so tight with 5 fouls. In fact as I type this up both Kenny and Charles are talking about the exact thing that there was no need for it and it took him out of the game. I like physical games and it was called pretty even on both sides, lots of no calls, lots of tick/tack fouls, offensive, etc. That is basketball.

The call was possibly a game decider. If it goes the other way, we have one of the best closers out there down 1 with 30 seconds left. Instead it was down 3 without your best player. And his foot was all the way out of bounds. Right in front of the ref. And then to say that Kenny and Chuck saying it was melos fault was chicken****. He was tight, yeah, but he played the kind of clutch defense that SHOULD have helped win the game. Watching that play in real time, my first reaction was it was a stupid play by melo. Slow it down, he actually made a great play and got screwed.

I hate these kinds of games. The kinds where if there were a different officiating crew this game might have a different outcome. Just bull****. I started these playoffs hoping not to blame the refs for any loss we might have, then this happens.

Anyway, enough b****ing. The game is over, and the Jazz kept coming. And kept us from getting that game sealing run that we had in game 1. They stayed in the game and gave themselves a shot. They deserve at least that much credit.

Hopefully we get 1 of the next 2. But if this is the kind of officiating we get on our home court, not gonna have a shot in hell when we go over there.

FADERPROOF
04-20-2010, 02:40 AM
death, taxes, and nuggets fans blaming the refs for playoff losses.

We really could save time and just copy and paste from last years NBA playoff thread.

watermock
04-20-2010, 03:33 AM
Mello looked tired.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Denver plays reckless and undisciplined. They come off as frontrunnners that only jump and hype when things are going their way. Adversity brings them down in a hurry and they don't recover well. What was that mess at the end? Praying for a blocking foul when the ballhandlers clearly bulled their ways into the defenders? They're still a good team, but they still don't appear ready to handle the rigors of playoff basketball.

There's no sense in playing the ref card, either. It does go both ways, regardless of what Tim Donaghy tells people.

Man-Goblin
04-20-2010, 06:04 AM
wow...billups had his head up his a$$ tonight...between him and the zebras...the nuggs were terrible. How the hell do you miss a guy putting his whole fing foot out of bounds, while you are watching him-----------this question is for you zebra

Ultimately, it may be the far superior play by Williams that wins the series for the Jazz. He's been so good and so much better than Chauncey that it's almost like it's superseding everything else in the series, including talent and depth.

What a far cry from last year where Chauncey clearly outplayed in succession Chris Paul, Jason Kidd and whatever crap PG the Lakers threw out there. I just hope he's not finished.

ColoradoBuff
04-20-2010, 07:17 AM

I agree.....Billups played one of his worst games in awhile! The refs were horrible, but if we would have showed any emotion in the first half....the refs would never have been in the equation! oh well...it is what it is. on to utah friday!

Triplelefthook
04-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Holy ****, game 3 isn't until Friday? Wow, playoff scheduling sucks ass.

who cares? gives kenyon more rest, which is good

Triplelefthook
04-20-2010, 08:14 AM
The nuggets are playing like the 08 team. No excuses for them. I am so pissed, mostly at the play of the nuggets. So goddamn inconsistent.

This.

Look, the refs were bad, but the Nuggets have to get over the refs and play better. They should have beaten this team without the refs being a factor

bronco militia
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM
http://funnycrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/NBA-Finals-ab0420101.gif

FADERPROOF
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Looks like a Cavs-Celtics showdown in round 2

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Playoffs start today for the back to back.

Hoping for the back2back, but at the rate we're going with injuries, we might have to ask Brian Shaw and Rick Fox to suit up. ;)

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

ZONA
04-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Nice to see the REAL Suns out there tonight. No Amare and Nash for the entire 4th QTR, resting up after thumping the Blaze. Nothing quite like losing game 1 of the series to wake your arse up eh?

Irish Stout
04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/339947/miles.jpg

azbroncfan
04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/339947/miles.jpg

Yes when you ride someone out of bounds it is a foul.

Irish Stout
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
This.

Look, the refs were bad, but the Nuggets have to get over the refs and play better. They should have beaten this team without the refs being a factor

I agree. Nugs aren't playing with the heart they have played with this year on D. They need to play better D or they are just the same old team as they were in 08...

DHallblows
04-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes when you ride someone out of bounds it is a foul.

...if the foul had been called at that point

Paladin
04-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Aw.....How sweet. The Jizz fans are taking the high road and telling me not to blame the refs..... And some Nugget supporters are falling for the call for the "sportsmanship card" by blaming the nuggets for not playing very well. Bull shyte.

The Flopping Jizz were flopping the whole frigging night and the refs fell for it, and rewarded them for that fake crap. In other words, Jizz fans are condoning cheating. Figures.

I hope the Suns or Mavs just flop all over the Jizz when and if they reach the next level. May your fricking ox get gored......

Punisher
04-22-2010, 04:59 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uRvMlglVLng&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uRvMlglVLng&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

azbroncfan
04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Aw.....How sweet. The Jizz fans are taking the high road and telling me not to blame the refs..... And some Nugget supporters are falling for the call for the "sportsmanship card" by blaming the nuggets for not playing very well. Bull shyte.

The Flopping Jizz were flopping the whole frigging night and the refs fell for it, and rewarded them for that fake crap. In other words, Jizz fans are condoning cheating. Figures.

I hope the Suns or Mavs just flop all over the Jizz when and if they reach the next level. May your fricking ox get gored......

Like someone said earlier birth, death, taxes, and nugget fans complaining about the refs. It was an even officiated game. Foul shots were pretty even without even looking it up I would dare say. There were bad calls, no calls, ticky tack, fair calls, missed calls both ways. It is basketball and there was no guarantee that Denver would of won even if they would of called Miles out of bounds. I still think Denver wins the series.

azbroncfan
04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Nuggets destroying the Jazz and unsurprisingly, azpieceo***** is nowhere to be found.

OK dude you post this ten minutes after game 1 and you haven't posted at all after game 2. Who is the chickensh!t here. Your dad should of pulled and shot you on your mom's belly and saved us all from you worthless BS.

azbroncfan
04-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Well it turns into a series once a road team wins. Next game is a must win for Denver and refs can't be used as an excuse tonight. Utah shot a bad first quarter while Denver shot 60 percent and were only down a couple. Then a small Millsap dominated the three big amigo's from Denver for 22 and 19 while Deron well was Deron.

Dogsweat
04-23-2010, 10:29 PM
http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2007/12/Donny-Marie-Posters.jpgTonight's game was hideous. Nuggets are in deep piss.

FADERPROOF
04-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Someone wire me some money, I'll bet on the Jazz...Im a complete jinx to any team I bet on...Bet Cavs in game 3, Nuggs in both 2 and 3, Charlotte in game 2, Lakers in game 2...all lost on spreads...help out your nuggets by letting me bet on the Jazz!

bombay
04-24-2010, 09:15 PM
The Zombie Sonics crush la, series tied at two.

Once the Nuggets finish their vanishing act, I think I'll pull for OKC the rest of the way.

ZONA
04-24-2010, 11:41 PM
The Zombie Sonics crush la, series tied at two.

Once the Nuggets finish their vanishing act, I think I'll pull for OKC the rest of the way.

That Durant kid is totally the real deal. I'm not talking good player real deal or even great player real deal. This guy is pushing Kobe and LeBron for best player in the league real deal. Youngest guy ever to win scoring title. He rebounds great, passes great, defends good. OKC will always have a chance in every game they play if this kid ties up the laces.

And the fact he doesn't pound his chest after every good play or shake his head back and forth like he's saying no, you can't defend this. He's humble and a very likable guy. Love his game and his persona.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-25-2010, 03:58 AM
The Zombie Sonics crush la...

...playing 8 on 5 the whole way...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2778/chart1a.png

There's your ball game right there.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 04:17 AM
Hilarious!...playing 8 on 5 the whole way...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2778/chart1a.png

There's your ball game right there. LOL the ref excuse again.

gunns
04-25-2010, 06:45 AM

:Whaaaa!: I thought I was reading Raider fans. Yes I live in Utah but I'm a Celtic fan. Have to say it's surprising to see the Nuggets have this much trouble with a team with injuries. Maybe they should stop playing gangsta ball, bitching, and do what they do best. Even in the first game they acted like this series was going to be handed to them. Just a thought.

And yes, I know the Celtics are done in this next series. Let me just say I'm just giddy about the Lakers series! :giggle:

TheChamp24
04-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Yeah if the Nuggets can barely handle a team who has injuries to two of its starters, I don't see them doing anything in the postseason if they do get past the Jazz.

DefensiveBehavior
04-25-2010, 05:39 PM
It's about that time, ladies and gentlemen.

The season officially tips off TONIGHT!

This should be a pretty interesting season. Lakers still the favorites, but will get some competition from the likes of Denver, San Antonio, Portland, etc.

The East should be good with Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando going at it.

Predictions? Thoughts? Hopes? Fears?

(Go Nuggets!)

http://www.la.cityzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/254px-nba_logo.png
Chris "turdman" Anderson is the sole reason denver will lose 4-1 to utah. Instead of signing a legit bigman this offseason,they thought it would be a good ideal to maxout turdman because he can block a couple shots off the weakside. He cant gaurd anyone straight up, and has the worst hands of any basketball player i have ever seen..completely worthless cocaine addict. Nice job on that one karl. Carmelo is a total bum,and should be traded to golden state for montae ellis,morrow to free up cap space to bring in joe johnson,and a legit bigman... Nene is never going to be more than a 13-5 guy, and JR smith is a great reg season player in about 15 home games a season. Blow
this thing up. Fire karl,and blow this thing up. Sickening to watch anymore. But GO NUGBONES!!!! YAY

Dogsweat
04-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Anybody but the Jazz---Anybody.

Go Nuggies!!!

Inkana7
04-25-2010, 05:44 PM
If LA had any semblance of transition defense, maybe there wouldn't be such a discrepancy in FTA.

Unfortunately, they're old and never really liked the whole "defense" thing anyways.

24champ
04-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Lakers will still come out on top. I'm not really worried about one bad game.

This series reminds me a lot of last years Rockets series. That went 7 games and the Lakers still won. We got home court, until we lose at home...I won't be worried.

Inkana7
04-25-2010, 06:21 PM

This series reminds me a lot of last years Rockets series. That went 7 games and the Lakers still won. We got home court, until we lose at home...I won't be worried.

By the end of that series, half of Houston's roster was injured. And this Thunder team is a lot better than that team.

DefensiveBehavior
04-25-2010, 06:30 PM

This is typical laker play, they can turn it on at any point, and will slaughter OKC in games 5,6. Put a bitch on that....

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
It's too bad Llama doesn't talk hoops anymore. I sure he was on Dirk and the Mav's dinks at the end of the season only to watch Dallas do what they do best......Choke.

My favorite statement was Get your brooms out for the Heat!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-25-2010, 07:23 PM

This.

The huge disparity in FT attempts hitherto in this series is all about Emperor "do not question my decrees" Stern doing everything he can to extend the series and build up a new NBA franchise base.

We'll be fine.

DefensiveBehavior
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
These mother****ers suck. Its a shame we have to witness a game 5. Well those who will actually want to be subjected to this garbage

DefensiveBehavior
04-25-2010, 07:38 PM
This.

The huge disparity in FT attempts hitherto in this series is all about Emperor "do not question my decrees" Stern doing everything he can to extend the series and build up a new NBA franchise base.

We'll be fine.

Stern is a huge scumbag.... and yes kevin durant,brandon roy, derron williams,amare stoudemire should all be prepared to accept the fact that they will never get a fair shake

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Jazz playing some inspired basketball short handed I must admit. Fes is playing well for Fes. Jerry usually flips a coin between Koufus and him on who to trot out there. It helps Denver's bigs aren't one on one players and more hustle garbage point players. Never thought they could give Nuggets a series and would be lucky to get it to 6 games.

spdirty
04-25-2010, 08:37 PM
sure as hell looks like a carbon copy of the nugs from 2 years ago. Well, since the nuggets have quit on this series, Im gonna quit on them. 4 minutes left in the 3rd. If they dont play inspired ball these 4 minutes Im done.

DefensiveBehavior
04-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Turned it off long ago. Done with brotha bounce till that punk quitter carmelo is booted out of town

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 08:48 PM
sure as hell looks like a carbon copy of the nugs from 2 years ago. Well, since the nuggets have quit on this series, Im gonna quit on them. 4 minutes left in the 3rd. If they dont play inspired ball these 4 minutes Im done.

I'd say. Nuggets play terrible D and aren't very good at rebounding. Either Millsap or Booze has had a huge rebounding game every game so far and the other usually is in double digits to go along with it.

spdirty
04-25-2010, 08:49 PM
WTF?????? Petro just had the most blatant double dribble I have ever seen, Bavetta is making the motion that he double dribbled, and no whistle is blown!!!

Then they make up for it by giving Williams a foul when he wasnt even touched!!!

**** this ****, **** this team, **** these refs. Im done watching the nba this year.

spdirty
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
I'd say. Nuggets play terrible D and aren't very good at rebounding. Either Millsap or Booze has had a huge rebounding game every game so far and the other usually is in double digits to go along with it.

Rebounding is about want to. The nugs have the bigs where they should be killing in rebounding. ESPECIALLY with Kirilenko and Okur out. Instead, in probably the most important quarter of the season, Jazz have like 8 or 10 second chance points in the quarter and the nugs have 6 turnovers.

Tebow really needs to get his ass over there and lead and inspire them.

But im done. Another garbage time 4th quarter. They dont care about this series. They are looking forward to the golf course and the offseason. And that includes Chauncey. **** em. They arent worth the time.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Getting interesting. 8 pt game Denver ball.

spdirty
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Getting interesting. 8 pt game Denver ball.

and if I start watching the lead will balloon up to 25 before you can blink. Better to just keep watching the pacific.

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
and if I start watching the lead will balloon up to 25 before you can blink. Better to just keep watching the pacific.

It was interesting for a few minutes. Now do you know where sixtimeseight has been SP? Haven't seen him since 10 minutes after game 1?

spdirty
04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
It was interesting for a few minutes. Now do you know where sixtimeseight has been SP? Haven't seen him since 10 minutes after game 1?

Last I heard he was bragging about how he has the mane on ignore.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Wow...this is one of the very best Jerry Sloan coaching jobs ever.

Dogsweat
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I detest the Jazz----but it's over.....

Maybe next year Nuggies.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
If LA had any semblance of transition defense, maybe there wouldn't be such a discrepancy in FTA.

Defense had nothing to do with it.

I posted the shot charts for both teams which were fairly identical.

That means OKC didn't attack anymore than we did - yet they had 20 more free throws.

In game 3, not one player on the entire Lakers team even made it to the free throw line until the end of the first half.

The officiating wasn't the only thing that cost the Lakers game 4, but if you don't think it influenced the outcome then you are either naive or don't know the game very well.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-25-2010, 10:52 PM
But im done. Another garbage time 4th quarter. They dont care about this series. They are looking forward to the golf course and the offseason. And that includes Chauncey. **** em. They arent worth the time.

Wow.

Way to give up on your team.

24champ
04-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Anyone see ESPN's segment on George Karl? He looks pretty beat up from the chemo and radiation therapy. Sad to see.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5134631

Hope he recovers ASAP.

spdirty
04-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Wow.

I wont stick with a team that plays no defense, constantly gets outhustled, and quits on the game. They have no heart, so why should anyone stick with em?

When I watched em tonight and Friday night, it looked to me a team that didnt want to be there and wanted the season to be done. Its been that way about half of all the games since George Karl couldnt coach anymore.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Wow...this is one of the very best Jerry Sloan coaching jobs ever.

Or one of the very worst Adrian Dantley coaching jobs ever...

BroncoBuff
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow.

So how you feelin' right about now, Mr. Showtime?

My Sonics giving you a run for your money? ;D

spdirty
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Ha! Its the refs fault.

worm
04-26-2010, 12:38 AM

Are people up there supporting the Thunder....or turning their back on them?

I don't know if I could support the Broncos if they ever bolted from Denver.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-26-2010, 01:10 AM

"Your" Sonics?

I thought you were a Nuggets fan?

Or was that just last year? Ha!

At any rate, no, the league is just trying to extend the series and build up a new NBA franchise base.

Been there/seen that before.

Lakers in 6 - if we take care of business in game 6. If not, then Lakers in 7.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Ha! Its the refs fault.

Whereas you never complain when your team is on the receiving end of the bad officiating, right? :oyvey:

spdirty
04-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Whereas you never complain when your team is on the receiving end of the bad officiating, right? :oyvey:

For a guy always ridiculing us for complaining about the refs, its just funny as hell that you'd resort to the same damn thing.

Unapologetic as hell when they favor your team, crying like a stuck pig when they dont.

TerrElway
04-26-2010, 09:04 AM
I gotta admit - I gave up on the Jazz after Okur went down. I have been very impressed as a Jazz fan because I have questioned their mental toughness all year.

Dantley is in a tough spot, win and it's nothing he did, he just kept the train running. Lose and he's blamed for screwing everything up.

Don't know if they showed it on TNT but the local broadcast here in Utah showed Melo and Birdman going out of the game late in the first and walking right by Dantley and ignoring him completely when he reached out to them. They made a big deal about it on the local broadcast.

bronco militia
04-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Karl said watching the Nuggets' games from home was an uncomfortable experience.

"It's an awful feeling," he said. "It's not nervousness, it's scared. Fear. I don't like it. I mean, I've missed games, skipped games. I was just too stressed out to worry. The game gets off to a bad start, and I don't watch them at all."

azbroncfan
04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Melo blaming his teamates. What about how many TO's he had. Once he drives to the paint just defend him he doesn't pass out of it and if he does he isn't very good at it.

I hope the broncos can draft and evalute talent like Jerry and Jazz front office outside of big white centers. This team was built on 2nd round picks and undrafted FA's. The only first round picks I believe are Williams, AK47, and Koufus which Williams is the only one contributing. Matthews was a hell of a find undrafted as a rookie out of Marquette. Jazz caught heat for taking DWILL over Paul but it's paying off now and there hasn't been a player that Utah let go that did anything anywhere else.

Inkana7
04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Defense had nothing to do with it.

I posted the shot charts for both teams which were fairly identical.

That means OKC didn't attack anymore than we did - yet they had 20 more free throws.

In game 3, not one player on the entire Lakers team even made it to the free throw line until the end of the first half.

The officiating wasn't the only thing that cost the Lakers game 4, but if you don't think it influenced the outcome then you are either naive or don't know the game very well.
I watched that game, there were few, if any phantom calls like the ones Wade was getting against Boston last night.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
"Your" Sonics?

At any rate, no, the league is just trying to extend the series and build up a new NBA franchise base.

Yes, MY SONICS! (j/k)

But sure you wanna go there? If the league fixes games, what does that say about your major market championships? Uhh

Might kinda tarnish them ???

Are people up there supporting the Thunder....or turning their back on them?

Mostly no one cares ... but young people hate the Thunder HUGELY.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-26-2010, 11:15 PM
For a guy always ridiculing us for complaining about the refs, its just funny as hell that you'd resort to the same damn thing.

When I ridiculed you for complaining about the refs, it was retaliatory.

Remember: It's people like you who are always first to play the "tin foil hat" card anytime anyone suggests anything even remotely conspiratorial in any facet of life.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-26-2010, 11:18 PM
if the league fixes games, what does that say about your major market championships?

Same thing it says about the losses in '04 and '08.

The league doesn't give a sh_t whether we win or lose - only the ratings matter at the end of the day.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-26-2010, 11:37 PM
I watched that game, there were few, if any phantom calls like the ones Wade was getting against Boston last night.

Then you must have been watching with some sort of special glasses that alter reality.

The refs were calling every little touch foul against the Lakers while it was no call after no call as the Lakers got hacked over and over again on the other end.

No matter how you try to spin it, the FT differential in game 4 (+20 OKC) was ludicrous. Further, in game 3, no one on the entire Lakers team attempted a FT until the end of the second half.

spdirty
04-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Then you must have been watching with some sort of special glasses that alter reality.

The refs were calling every little touch foul against the Lakers while it was no call after no call as the Lakers got hacked over and over again on the other end.

No matter how you try to spin it, the FT differential in game 4 (+20 OKC) was ludicrous. Further, in game 3, no one on the entire Lakers team attempted a FT until the end of the second half.

So your saying that they influence games in order to get the winner they want right?

spdirty
04-27-2010, 06:27 AM
When I ridiculed you for complaining about the refs, it was retaliatory.

Remember: It's people like you who are always first to play the "tin foil hat" card anytime anyone suggests anything even remotely conspiratorial in any facet of life.

No, I just like to make fun of troofers.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
So your saying that they influence games in order to get the winner they want right?

They influence games to get the ratings they want and to build up specific markets. This doesn't necessarily translate into your team winning.

ohiobronco2
04-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Wow.

Hilarious! Says the man who's team wins all the time. Tell us about how loyal you are to a team who wins all the time. Seriously, it's like Yankees fans calling people bad fans. Hilarious! Please tell us about the time when Kobe was raping every woman in sight and there was so much stress in Laker land. LOL

azbroncfan
04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
lol suns.

man, all the suns and jazz trolls sure cleared out of here in a hurry. seems like just yesterday they were talking about how quiet this thread had become. how ironic.

Where you been Toolbox? You haven't repsonding since bragging Denver up 1-0. Nice job shows your hoop knowledge. Home wins mean nothing unitl game 7 unless a team wins on the road just like Utah did. Typical fashion you vanish just like you did with your fake wagering ticket.

spdirty
04-27-2010, 09:55 PM
They influence games to get the ratings they want and to build up specific markets. This doesn't necessarily translate into your team winning.

OK fine.

But you just said the NBA, through its refs, INFLUENCES games.

Interesting admission from a Laker fan.

DefensiveBehavior
04-27-2010, 10:19 PM

Welcome to the feeling of being a denver fan, but for us it doesnt last 2 games. Try a lifetime. That scumbag david stern should be castrated with a dull pocket knife

24champ
04-27-2010, 10:28 PM
See I wasn't worried...Lakers come alive and destroyed the Thunder.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/35/fullj.70a5deda7774cbe8e80d6bbd6918a7aa/70a5deda7774cbe8e80d6bbd6918a7aa-getty-98244836ng013_thndr_lakrs.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM

What a difference it makes when the refs let them play and/or call the game evenly, eh?

But then you have too many people changing the channel, right?

If not for the huge disparity in FT attempts in games 3 and 4, this thing would have been over in four - and you know the league doesn't want that.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Hilarious! Says the man who's team wins all the time. Tell us about how loyal you are to a team who wins all the time.

Most ignorant post ever.

Do you even watch basketball?

Tell me how easy it was to be a Lakers fan from 2003-2008, among other periods I could mention.

The expectations are a lot higher, so the highs are extreme and the lows are like rock bottom "pass the cyanide capsules" lows.

Please tell us about the time when Kobe was raping every woman in sight and there was so much stress in Laker land. LOL

I take back what I just said - this is the most ignorant post ever.

24champ
04-27-2010, 11:07 PM
What a difference it makes when the refs let them play and/or call the game evenly, eh?

But then you have too many people changing the channel, right?

If not for the huge disparity in FT attempts in games 3 and 4, this thing would have been over in four - and you know the league doesn't want that.

Did you know Lakers are 18-0 at home in game 5's? Interesting stat.

As for the reffing, I do think there is some influencing going on, but I think that is largely attributed to the OKC home crowds that are very loud. That can be intimidating to the referees.

We'll see how game 6 goes. Hope we win, so we can rest up for what's looking like a Jazz matchup in the second round. Sloan's teams always play hard.

24champ
04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Tell me how easy it was to be a Lakers fan from 2003-2008, among other periods I could mention.

The 90s were pretty tough to be honest, as I just started out as a Laker fan in the early 90s. Before Kobe came along, Eddie Jones was my favorite player.

http://photos.upi.com/topics-LA-Lakers-Eddie-Jones/7a06e7c0769561ee39f81e6a9c678616/E.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Did you know Lakers are 18-0 at home in game 5's? Interesting stat.

As for the reffing, I do think there is some influencing going on, but I think that is largely attributed to the OKC home crowds that are very loud. That can be intimidating to the referees.

We'll see how game 6 goes. Hope we win, so we can rest up for what's looking like a Jazz matchup in the second round. Sloan's teams always play hard.

Conspiracy or no, we ran them out of our gym tonight with no help from the refs (FT attempts were pretty even, and a lot of ours were in garbage time) whereas they needed a +20 FT differential to do the same thing on their home court.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2010, 12:06 AM
The 90s were pretty tough to be honest, as I just started out as a Laker fan in the early 90s. Before Kobe came along, Eddie Jones was my favorite player.

http://photos.upi.com/topics-LA-Lakers-Eddie-Jones/7a06e7c0769561ee39f81e6a9c678616/E.jpg

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/stunoicecluh7.gif

Was basically born into a Lakers household - folks are from Minnesota and have been fans since the team was in Minneapolis. http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2010, 12:08 AM

We should own the Jazz (as usual) insofar as our front line will just mow their bigs down.

ZONA
04-28-2010, 02:44 AM
We should own the Jazz (as usual) insofar as our front line will just mow their bigs down.

With no AK47 and no Okur, they don't have many bigs left.

I hope Lopez comes back soon for the Suns. I think he is. Suns going to need him against the Spurs.

spdirty
04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Someone needs to tell Petro that he isnt cool enough to wear that arm sleeve thing.

bombay
04-28-2010, 08:33 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2827249 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827249"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">-27-2010, 11:59 PM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)
L.A. BRONCOS FAN (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=363) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because L.A. BRONCOS FAN is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR><!-- / main bar --></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827249 --><!-- post #2827251 --><!-- open content container -->
<!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827251 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827251"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827251) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 12:03 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)
L.A. BRONCOS FAN (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=363) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because L.A. BRONCOS FAN is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR><!-- / main bar --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827251 --><!-- post #2827252 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827252 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827252"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827252) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 12:07 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=3674)
24champ (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3674) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because 24champ is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827252 --><!-- post #2827258 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827258 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827258"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827258) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 12:16 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=3674)
24champ (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3674) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because 24champ is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827258 --><!-- post #2827287 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827287 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827287"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827287) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 01:04 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827287 --><!-- post #2827288 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827288 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827288"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827288) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 01:06 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827288 --><!-- post #2827290 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827290 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827290"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827290) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 01:08 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827290 --><!-- post #2827320 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827320 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ff0000 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 03:44 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

la must have finally had a decent game?

spdirty
04-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Kinda figured this woulda happened. Friday its off the Salt Lake, where I expect a horrible effort and a 20-30 point loss. Hope Im wrong.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM
^ Hey, do you see that everybody?

He has me on ignore!

Yeah, genius, the Lakers "finally" had enough "decent" games to finish as the #1 seed in the West also (but if you watch basketball then you know this, right?)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Kinda figured this woulda happened. Friday its off the Salt Lake, where I expect a horrible effort and a 20-30 point loss. Hope Im wrong.

Hey - I thought you said you were done with the Thuggets?

spdirty
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2827249 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827249"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">-27-2010, 11:59 PM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)
</TD></TR><!-- / main bar --></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827249 --><!-- post #2827251 --><!-- open content container -->
<!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827251 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827251"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827251) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 12:03 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827251 --><!-- post #2827252 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827252 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827252"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827252) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 12:07 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=3674)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827252 --><!-- post #2827258 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827258 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827258"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827258) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 12:16 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=3674)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827258 --><!-- post #2827287 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827287 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827287"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827287) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 01:04 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827287 --><!-- post #2827288 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827288 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827288"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827288) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 01:06 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827288 --><!-- post #2827290 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827290 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2827290"><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2827290) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 01:08 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=363)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #2827290 --><!-- post #2827320 --><!-- open content container --><!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE class=tborder id=post2827320 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ff0000 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-28-2010, 03:44 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

la must have finally had a decent game?

Just so you don't have to speculate.

Conspiracy or no, we ran them out of our gym tonight with no help from the refs (FT attempts were pretty even, and a lot of ours were in garbage time) whereas they needed a +20 FT differential to do the same thing on their home court.

Was basically born into a Lakers household - folks are from Minnesota and have been fans since the team was in Minneapolis.

With no AK47 and no Okur, they don't have many bigs left.

spdirty
04-28-2010, 10:24 PM
^ Hey, do you see that everybody?

He has me on ignore!

Yeah, genius, the Lakers "finally" had enough "decent" games to finish as the #1 seed in the West also (but if you watch basketball then you know this, right?)

just quoting you so bombay sees it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Just so you don't have to speculate.

Wow - it's fascinating to see how much importance you assign to my posts.

Sort of reminds me of all those "beat L.A." signs you see the yokels at Pepsi Center waving whenever the Lakers are in town.

BTW, did you ever wonder why you never see any "beat Denver" signs when the Thugs play at Staples?

spdirty
04-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Hey - I thought you said you were done with the Thuggets?

changed my mind. Till the middle of the 3rd quarter Friday night. Oh, and bombay, this is for you as well.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2010, 10:26 PM
just quoting you so bombay sees it.

That's who I was talking to - not you.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-28-2010, 10:30 PM
changed my mind. Till the middle of the 3rd quarter Friday night. Oh, and bombay, this is for you as well.

Now that's a true fan. Ha!

spdirty
04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Wow - it's fascinating to see how much importance you assign to my posts.

When another poster is deprived of your posts because he has you on ignore, then wonders what you and other posters he has on ignore are saying, and feels the need to advertise the fact that he has you or other posters on ignore, I kind of take on the duty of showing that poster what you or other posters have said.

Sort of reminds me of all those "beat L.A." signs you see the yokels at Pepsi Center waving whenever the Lakers are in town.

BTW, did you ever wonder why you never see any "beat Denver" signs when the Thugs play at Staples?
Im not even gonna start with the **** talking with laker fans. Wrong year for a nug fan to be doing that. Unless we pull out the miracle and get to round 2, then the **** talking starts. But not now.

spdirty
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM
That's who I was talking to - not you.
Then why did you quote me?

spdirty
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Now that's a true fan. Ha!

Well, I dont react well when my teams play f_ck f_ck in very important games. Besides, I dont owe the nuggets, buffs, broncos, avalanche, or rockies anything. They should all be grateful that I even give them the time of day, as well as some of my disposable income.

azbroncfan
04-28-2010, 10:46 PM

Hard to win on the road when your bench players don't show up and the Nuggets shot as well as they did. Good win but historically Utahs bench plays 3 times as well at home and Williams and booze played well enough to win this one just got no help. Battle on friday.

spdirty
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Hard to win on the road when your bench players don't show up and the Nuggets shot as well as they did. Good win but historically Utahs bench plays 3 times as well at home and Williams and booze played well enough to win this one just got no help. Battle on friday.

I dont think it will be much of a battle. Especially with those damn refs.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Then why did you quote me?

I didn't quote you.

I used the "^" character in an attempt to point to bombay's post, but you slipped one in there between his and mine.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-29-2010, 02:53 AM

Don't worry - after you choke, we'll take care of the Jazz for you. :~ohyah!:

ohiobronco2
04-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Most ignorant post ever.

Do you even watch basketball?

The expectations are a lot higher, so the highs are extreme and the lows are like rock bottom "pass the cyanide capsules" lows.

I take back what I just said - this is the most ignorant post ever.

Shut the fvck up you stupid di** bag. They didn't make the playoffs once from 03-08. Oh no, tell me about the tough times. The Lakers have won around 15 titles in their history. Once again, must be tough to be a Laker fan. You're such a dumbass.

azbroncfan
04-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Don't worry - after you choke, we'll take care of the Jazz for you. :~ohyah!:

Other than I am a Jazz fan and it will be a success with a second round appearence with the injuries that we have had. You have been around here long enough to know that.

bombay
04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
It's possible the Nuggets may play better without Nene.

azbroncfan
04-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Well what happened to all the Mavs fans that used to frequent the NBA threads a few years ago? Good thing for them their team still chokes come playoff time.

24champ
04-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Well what happened to all the Mavs fans that used to frequent the NBA threads a few years ago? Good thing for them their team still chokes come playoff time.

If I recall correctly, Llama/McSkillet stopped watching the NBA because he truly feels it is rigged.

gunns
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Have to say the Mavs have to be the #1 chokers of the NBA.

azbroncfan
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Here were some of Llama's best quotes and why he has most of us on ignore and doesn't talke basketball anymore.

Originally Posted by angryllama
The real Mavericks are going to roll out onto the floor starting this Sunday. The playoff Mavs that clinically took apart the Western Conference last season are better than they were last year.

They chose the Warriors.

Dallas will win in 4 games.

Quote:
Shakin' in my tennies, there bub.
The Golden State Warriors scare the crap out of me.

This is the same team (but better) that beat San Antonio on their own floor in game 7 last season. They arent afraid of jack, son. You can roll whoever you want out there.

Quote:
The Warriors have not seen a motivated Mavs team. I'm not worried by them at all. I've seen enough Nellieball to know that it will not beat a team like Dallas in the playoffs.

2. Posted in last years finals with mavs up 2-0.
Quote:
I wonder if the mavs should get the brooms out for this one as Miami isn't nearly anywhere in the league of Dallas.

Quote:
Im expecting between 67-69 wins. A record of that significance (good for top 10 in NBA history...better than the showtime Lakers) will pretty much guarantee an MVP for Nowitzki. Even the doubters cant frown on Dirk if he places himself next to Jordan among the all-time greats

.-They will be the FIRST to lose to 8 seed with 7 games and FIRST with that many wins to not win it all.

BroncoBuff
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
It's possible the Nuggets may play better without <span style="text-decoration: line-through;"> Nene</span> Adrian Dantley.

Fixed it for you.

spdirty
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
If I recall correctly, Llama/McSkillet stopped watching the NBA because he truly feels it is rigged.

Go to bodog.com, any website, or Vegas and see if you can place a wager on any of tomorrows games. You cant. Why? The bookies wait till the NBA announces who the refs will be for every game before setting a betting line.

Now why in the hell do you suppose that is? Hell, what your Laker buddy just said when talking about the free throw differential of one of the games of the series you care about most, if true, is nothing less than an indictment of the league.

spdirty
04-29-2010, 10:08 PM
It's possible the Nuggets may play better without Nene.

Now how in the hell are they going to play better with Johan Petro taking a significant amount of Nenes minutes?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Shut the f*** up you stupid di** bag.

Gee, did something I said touch a nerve, Tourette's Boy? :D

azbroncfan
04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
The lines on my betting site is Utah -4.5, OKC -1.5, and can't remember exactly but -4 in the other game.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-29-2010, 10:13 PM
You're such a dumbass.

This from the same mouth-breathing ignoramus who just claimed that Kobe was "going around raping every woman in sight?" :mullet1:

Keep the thigh-slappers coming, pinhead. :laugh:

spdirty
04-29-2010, 10:15 PM
The lines on my betting site is Utah -4.5, OKC -1.5, and can't remember exactly but -4 in the other game.

Really. What betting site is that? Bodog doesnt have a betting line yet.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Here were some of Llama's best quotes and why he has most of us on ignore and doesn't talke basketball anymore.

The real Mavericks are going to roll out onto the floor starting this Sunday. The playoff Mavs that clinically took apart the Western Conference last season are better than they were last year.

They chose the Warriors.

Dallas will win in 4 games.

Quote:
Shakin' in my tennies, there bub.

2. Posted in last years finals with mavs up 2-0.
Quote:
I wonder if the mavs should get the brooms out for this one as Miami isn't nearly anywhere in the league of Dallas.

Quote:
Im expecting between 67-69 wins. A record of that significance (good for top 10 in NBA history...better than the showtime Lakers) will pretty much guarantee an MVP for Nowitzki. Even the doubters cant frown on Dirk if he places himself next to Jordan among the all-time greats

.-They will be the FIRST to lose to 8 seed with 7 games and FIRST with that many wins to not win it all.

The Golden State Warriors scare the crap out of me.

This is the same team (but better) that beat San Antonio on their own floor in game 7 last season. They arent afraid of jack, son. You can roll whoever you want out there.

Quote:
The Warriors have not seen a motivated Mavs team. I'm not worried by them at all. I've seen enough Nellieball to know that it will not beat a team like Dallas in the playoffs.

Classic! :rofl:

bombay
04-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Now how in the hell are they going to play better with Johan Petro taking a significant amount of Nenes minutes?

Did you miss the 2nd half Wednesday?

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Really. What betting site is that? Bodog doesnt have a betting line yet.

Playersonly.com

http://www.playersonly.com/livesports/indexmember.php?sportsname=basketball

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Did you miss the 2nd half Wednesday?

Denver shot lights out and Utah got no bench scoring whole game other than Millsap's 16. He is really a starter too. Smith had his good game that he has about every 4 or so. I like Utah's chances tonight and I would much rather face #27 than Nene.

Cleo McDowell
04-30-2010, 12:25 PM
umm..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNBsg43cdTc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNBsg43cdTc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

spdirty
04-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, started out great, then Sloan takes a timeout, chews some ass, now its looking like a 30 point loss. But hey, Rockies up 1-0!

ohiobronco2
04-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Oklahoma has such a talented and young group of players. They are going to be solid for the next several years. Much like Portland, if they could stay healthy.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2010, 08:14 PM
umm..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNBsg43cdTc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNBsg43cdTc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jeez LA Broncos Fan stop trying to seduce Kobe. Nothing good can come of it. Sure, his wife will get an expensive piece of jewelry, but Kobe's image will be tarnished again. As for you, you'll have a restraining order taken out against you. To make matters worse you will have to apply ointment to your sore a** in the back of your car with a sock. Those inflatable rings will provide no relief.

spdirty
04-30-2010, 08:29 PM
wow, nugs closed it down to 3. Not gonna watch. I watch they go down 15, stop watching and they play good.

The OK City-Laker game is fun.

DHallblows
04-30-2010, 09:05 PM
It's just so painful watching basketball sometimes. God forbid they make it a contact sport and just have 77-70 wins.
At best, with calls going both ways, it's still a battle of who can run head first into a defender and throw up a lob hoping for an and1 or flopping against said guy when he bumps you ever so slightly.

SureShot
04-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Nice to see Carmarshmelo show up for the biggest game of the year.

spdirty
04-30-2010, 09:19 PM

NFLBRONCO
04-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Note to Nuggets

GET ANOTHER BIG MAN they get out rebounded all the time.

spdirty
04-30-2010, 09:40 PM
well, time to panic and blow it.

Man-Goblin
04-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Bull**** call. Wow. Just trying to stop him from getting the and 1 after the flop.

NFLBRONCO
04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Utah deserves this series

Paladin
04-30-2010, 09:47 PM
The Flopping you-tau Jizz and their toady officals win out. Gee. Ya think?

I am gonna flat out enjoy watching the Fakers demolish the Flopping you-tau Jizz because the Fakers are the league favorites..... And the Floping Jizz suck arse.....

NFLBRONCO
04-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Lakers will sweep the Jazz

spdirty
04-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Another idiotic lose your heads down the stretch kind of game. Kinda fitting that this kind of bull**** would be the final nail in their coffin.

spdirty
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh boy now lets put the clown in for the last 4 minutes.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Jeez LA Broncos Fan stop trying to seduce Kobe. Nothing good can come of it. Sure, his wife will get an expensive piece of jewelry, but Kobe's image will be tarnished again. As for you, you'll have a restraining order taken out against you. To make matters worse you will have to apply ointment to your sore a** in the back of your car with a sock. Those inflatable rings will provide no relief.

:stupid:

What are you?

12 years old?

Still waiting for you to back up your statement re: Kobe "raping every woman in sight."

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Lakers will sweep the Jazz

Lakers advance. http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/stunoicecluh7.gif

Freethrows:

Thunder 31
Lakers 14

-17 freethrow differential.

How amazing is this team to survive that? http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 10:19 PM

Freethrows:

Thunder 31
Lakers 14

How amazing is this team to survive that? http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

You sure like that FT stat. They won because Durant went 5-20 something from the field. I was laughing at the Jazz Nuggets game because all I have been hearing on here is all the FT's Utah had been getting and Denver had been averaging 1 more FT per game.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-30-2010, 10:24 PM
You sure like that FT stat.

When the differential is +20 in favor of your opponent (game 4) or your team doesn't even attempt a FT until the end of the second half (game 3) then you'd be a fool not to notice.

They won because Durant went 5-20 something from the field.

And why did Durant shoot so poorly?

A: Defense.

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 10:27 PM
And why did Durant shoot so poorly?

A: Defense.

I didn't say it wasn't but I'll bet he missed some wide open ones too. Anyways I hate the FT excuse and will never use it. As a Laker fan you shouldn't either.

azbroncfan
04-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh boy now lets put the clown in for the last 4 minutes.

What is wrong with Smith? He needs to be sent out of town if I was a Denver fan. Shooting around when coach drawing up plays, just generally looking disinterested.

24champ
04-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Lakers advance...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b5/fullj.858250c20fcd2f6137adeb4c25d9806e/858250c20fcd2f6137adeb4c25d9806e-getty-98242271lm047_lakers_thunder.jpg

bring on the Jizz, I hate that team. Sweep em!

ZONA
04-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Lakers advance...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b5/fullj.858250c20fcd2f6137adeb4c25d9806e/858250c20fcd2f6137adeb4c25d9806e-getty-98242271lm047_lakers_thunder.jpg

Geez, those two look like they just won the championship or something. And what the hell is that brown crap on stick boy's face?

24champ
04-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Geez, those two look like they just won the championship or something. And what the hell is that brown crap on stick boy's face?

They won at the last second in a tough building, probably tougher than the E Center.

And in at least one regard there isn't a tougher opponent remaining in the playoffs.

"We won't see another team that athletic the rest of the way," Bryant said.

cutthemdown
05-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Same as last yr Lakers struggle first round against a fired up young team. Now Lakers will probably only lose 2 maybe 3 more games total.

Same as last yr baby.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Lakers advance...

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/stunoicecluh7.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Pau got to be the closer tonight... http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/jam2.gif

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrnJRT5oyTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrnJRT5oyTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Pau should have had an and-1 too. Check it out...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b7/fullj.1889b0e548a6c5542e1d9d27b60ac377/1889b0e548a6c5542e1d9d27b60ac377-getty-98242271lm045_lakers_thunder.jpg

broncocalijohn
05-01-2010, 01:01 AM

Freethrows:

Thunder 31
Lakers 14

and they cant say the refs wanted to give it to the Lakers (ala Kings). This one earned. To all those Nuggets fans talkin' crap......... Utah was your bitch!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-01-2010, 01:03 AM
and they cant say the refs wanted to give it to the Lakers (ala Kings).

If anything, the refs worked hard to keep OKC in the series and to extend it.

24champ
05-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Reporter "How did you guys limit Durant tonight?"

Ron Ron: "I guess you're lookin' at him"

^5

DB-Freak
05-01-2010, 02:06 AM
The FT numbers aren't that astounding.

In the playoffs, starters play basically all of the minutes and none of the laker starters are big on drawing FT's expect Kobe. But Kobe has been terrible on jumpers to set up any of his drives. And Kobe takes most of the shots for the lakers.

While Durant has been a leader in FTA and Russell is top 5 in his position at FTA's.

ohiobronco2
05-01-2010, 07:58 AM
:stupid:

What are you?

12 years old?

Still waiting for you to back up your statement re: Kobe "raping every woman in sight."

Fine, I'll admit. It was a stupid statement. We all really know that Kobe didn't rape that girl. She was just looking for a payday. I posted it simply to be a pr*ck and get under your skin. I'm tired of coming to this site and seeing fans like you. The I'm a better fan than you bs is played out. I see if on here in regards to football and basketball. Now, you need to admit that it's easy to be a fan of a team who wins all of the time. Don't give me that "cyanide pills low" bullsh*t either. Try and be a Cleveland fan, those poor people have went nearly 50 years without a championship. Those hardcore fans know what it is like to go through tough times, not you or any LA fan for that matter, knows what that is like. Either way, I'm done with you.

FADERPROOF
05-01-2010, 08:02 AM
I still wish bad things on benedict Boozer but I have other things on my mind...

GO CAVS TONIGHT!!!!

ohiobronco2
05-01-2010, 08:15 AM
I still wish bad things on benedict Boozer but I have other things on my mind...

GO CAVS TONIGHT!!!!

Ha!Ha! I hope he never wins a title. Was a stupid move by the Cavs ownership, but Boozer was and is a scumbag for what he did to the Cavs.

gunns
05-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Fine, I'll admit. It was a stupid statement. We all really know that Kobe didn't rape that girl. She was just looking for a payday. I posted it simply to be a pr*ck and get under your skin. I'm tired of coming to this site and seeing fans like you. The I'm a better fan than you bs is played out. I see if on here in regards to football and basketball. Now, you need to admit that it's easy to be a fan of a team who wins all of the time. Don't give me that "cyanide pills low" bullsh*t either. Try and be a Cleveland fan, those poor people have went nearly 50 years without a championship. Those hardcore fans know what it is like to go through tough times, not you or any LA fan for that matter, knows what that is like. Either way, I'm done with you.

I'm just wondering if you feel that way about Cleveland Brown fans, being a Bronco fan and all. And if you are old enough you'd know what the Bronco fans went through before winning a SB. So does that mean Pittsburgh and Dallas fans are "easy" fans? You are referring to bandwagon fans and EVERY team has them. I doubt LABronco is one, as he just went through a long drought with the Lakers as well. Now if you are going after those that constantly assess one's fanhood, you might want to address Tsiguy.

gunns
05-01-2010, 08:23 AM

GO CAVS TONIGHT!!!!

Being a Celtics fan I would love to see Boston win, but wouldn't have a problem with the Cavs winning, love Lebron. Think they have the best chance, in the end, of beating the Lakers. Living in Utah, glad not to be a Jazz fan as they are extremely frustrating to their fans, but I enjoy seeing them win. Absolutely love Williams. Benedict Boozer? Hmmm, an athlete watching out for himself. What a novel concept.

azbroncfan
05-01-2010, 08:39 AM
lol suns.

man, all the suns and jazz trolls sure cleared out of here in a hurry. seems like just yesterday they were talking about how quiet this thread had become. how ironic.

Nuggets destroying the Jazz and unsurprisingly, azpieceo***** is nowhere to be found.

You'd think that this idiot would realize that there's no point in trolling me anymore.

p.s. Nugs 1 - Jazz 0

Where you been p&ssy? Just like the fake gambling thread you dissappeared fast. It's funny you want to fight me because I have frauded you so many a times and showed what a spineless F&*KUP you are. That's the only reason you have me and however many else you have on ignore is because your a weak minded POS. It's too bad your parents failed in raising a man. I was here the whole time you were here well till after game 1. I'll remember this thread for next year when you pop out of the wood works.

FADERPROOF
05-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Being a Celtics fan I would love to see Boston win, but wouldn't have a problem with the Cavs winning, love Lebron. Think they have the best chance, in the end, of beating the Lakers. Living in Utah, glad not to be a Jazz fan as they are extremely frustrating to their fans, but I enjoy seeing them win. Absolutely love Williams. Benedict Boozer? Hmmm, an athlete watching out for himself. What a novel concept.

I fully expect this series to go at least 6 games, cavs have so much trouble in the garden and Mike Brown really needs to start paying attention to matchups out there or this is gonna come down to the wire.

As far as Boozer goes, everyone knows the situation, Cavs had a team option and wanted to give him a nice payraise(he was making 2nd round draft pick money as an NBA all-star) so they verbally agreed with Boozer/Boozer's agent on a new contract and opted him out of contract. Then a day later he doesnt sign the contract and takes the deal with the Jazz instead.

Outsider opinion could be looking at it like he is just taking care of himself, but how would you feel as a Boston fan if Rajon Rondo did that to the celtics?

gunns
05-01-2010, 09:46 AM
I fully expect this series to go at least 6 games, cavs have so much trouble in the garden and Mike Brown really needs to start paying attention to matchups out there or this is gonna come down to the wire.

As far as Boozer goes, everyone knows the situation, Cavs had a team option and wanted to give him a nice payraise(he was making 2nd round draft pick money as an NBA all-star) so they verbally agreed with Boozer/Boozer's agent on a new contract and opted him out of contract. Then a day later he doesnt sign the contract and takes the deal with the Jazz instead.

Outsider opinion could be looking at it like he is just taking care of himself, but how would you feel as a Boston fan if Rajon Rondo did that to the celtics?

I know the story, and as you said they agreed with Boozers agent, Boozer can do what he wants. I don't know how I'd feel. I just look at Elway and Manning. Although they had no contract that they opted out of, they took the same heat. Let SD, Colts say what they want, worked out for Manning and Elway.

broncswin
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Where you been p&ssy? Just like the fake gambling thread you dissappeared fast. It's funny you want to fight me because I have frauded you so many a times and showed what a spineless F&*KUP you are. That's the only reason you have me and however many else you have on ignore is because your a weak minded POS. It's too bad your parents failed in raising a man. I was here the whole time you were here well till after game 1. I'll remember this thread for next year when you pop out of the wood works.

wow...you two are in love:sunshine:

bombay
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Go Spurs! And Jazz.

Paladin
05-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Ypuv'e got it wrong. The Flakers need to beat the living h3ll outta the you-tau Flopping Jizz, then the Suns can beat the living h3ll outta the Flakers. I really don't care after that. Just beat the freaking flopping Jizz, and then get the Flakers some humble pie from the Suns.....

May Tebow make it so......

cutthemdown
05-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Wishful thinking. Deep down you all know Jazz and Suns can't beat Lakers in a 7 game series.

They can win 1-2 even 3 games but Lakers will prevail unless they get a major injury.

Another championship......coming up.

Los Angeles Lakers are the greatest sports franchise in history.

SureShot
05-01-2010, 03:07 PM

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/Nibbler2535/kick.gif

Haha I done think so.

http://www.baseballflagsandpennants.com/images_products/new_york_yankees_championship_banner_10033big.jpg

bombay
05-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Yankees and it isn't close.

27 World Championships.

DB-Freak
05-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Baseball is not a sport.

azbroncfan
05-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Ypuv'e got it wrong. The Flakers need to beat the living h3ll outta the you-tau Flopping Jizz, then the Suns can beat the living h3ll outta the Flakers. I really don't care after that. Just beat the freaking flopping Jizz, and then get the Flakers some humble pie from the Suns.....

Wishful thinking. I know the lakers will beat up my Jazz but I would be highly surprised to see the SUNS get past the Spurs. If they did the Lakers would pound them too. It is pretty much a given that the Lakers are getting to the finals.

DHallblows
05-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Baseball is not a sport.

That's a valid point, but neither is basketball then.

DB-Freak
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
That's a valid point, but neither is basketball then.

That's interesting cause basketball is probably just as much athleticism as football with bigger people than football.

DB-Freak
05-01-2010, 06:21 PM
By the way, my baseball comment was tongue in cheek.

But I'm willing to bet far more nba players would make it in the nfl than nfl players making it in the nba.

azbroncfan
05-01-2010, 06:54 PM

17 titles — Boston Celtics (1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008)

DHallblows
05-01-2010, 07:07 PM

But I'm willing to bet far more nba players would make it in the nfl than nfl players making it in the nba.

Hmm. I don't know if Kobe could go from flopping when someone makes contact equivalent to a high 5 to actually being tackled by a LB. Maybe NBA players could be DBs. Or punters.

DB-Freak
05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Hmm. I don't know if Kobe could go from flopping when someone makes contact equivalent to a high 5 to actually being tackled by a LB. Maybe NBA players could be DBs. Or punters.

Or be a college basketball reject like Antonio Gates and dominate in the NFL?

TheChamp24
05-01-2010, 07:18 PM
And I bet maybe a handful of players could actually become MLB players, making it the far more difficult sport to actually compete in.

DHallblows
05-01-2010, 07:22 PM
OK, I'm not gonna get into ridiculous arguments about tennis player starting to swim and a golfer boxing. The real point here is that we both agree baseball isn't a sport.
The punter comment a was tongue in cheek, too btw.

Flex Gunmetal
05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Baseball and golf require similar levels of athletic prowess. They are games.

azbroncfan
05-01-2010, 07:49 PM
And I bet maybe a handful of players could actually become MLB players, making it the far more difficult sport to actually compete in.

What about the difficulty of playing pro golf vs pro baseball?

Paladin
05-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Ya know, one could argue that basket ball at the pro level is a circus show put on by corporate level "P. T. Barnums". The shows are staged by the minions called referees, and the "fans" are called suckers.....

gunns
05-01-2010, 10:01 PM
17 titles — Boston Celtics (1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008)

Thank you.

gunns
05-01-2010, 10:03 PM
That's interesting cause basketball is probably just as much athleticism as football with bigger people than football.

While I'll agree to the athleticism, I'd say NBA players are taller but not bigger.

worm
05-01-2010, 10:25 PM
This thread cracks me up every year.

Go Lakers.

OABB
05-01-2010, 11:51 PM
This is my favorite offseason thread. Especially with the nuggs fans here crying about the refs. Good times!

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Yankees and it isn't close.

27 World Championships.

Going by the percentages of titles that the teams have won for their given sport, it's very close. Remember, the Yankees have about a 50 year head start on the Lakers. That's why they have more titles. They've both won titles at a similar rate.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:21 AM

I'd agree with that, but it's not because of the athletic abilities, it's the height. Most DBs and RBs, who have great athletic abilities, couldn't play in the NBA. They aren't tall enough. A lot of the WRs don't have the height either.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 01:25 AM

Kobe isn't known as a flopper. I'm just saying. With his body type it would be hard to put him in any position.

He's a tough basketball player, but one NFL player said it best (I forgot who). Take the toughest NBA player and put him on an NFL team and he'd be the softest player on the team (not counting kickers and punters). Take the toughest NFL player and put him on an NBA team and he'd be the toughest player on that team.

DHallblows
05-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Kobe isn't known as a flopper. I'm just saying. With his body type it would be hard to put him in any position.

He's a tough basketball player, but one NFL player said it best (I forgot who). Take the toughest NBA player and put him on an NFL team and he'd be the softest player on the team (not counting kickers and punters). Take the toughest NFL player and put him on an NBA team and he'd be the toughest player on that team.

I know, Kobe gets the calls without having to flop, just trying to get a rise from LA fans. I shoulda said Manu Ginobili clearly.
And your second paragraph is right on regardless of what some may think

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-02-2010, 02:33 AM
I know, Kobe gets the calls without having to flop, just trying to get a rise from LA fans.

:laugh:

You must not watch many Lakers games.

Kobe can't even get calls on his home court.

He gets WAY fewer calls than almost any other so-called "superstar" in the league.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-02-2010, 02:35 AM

Hilarious!

You really think the Suns are going to beat the Lakers four times when the Lakers have HCA?

You've gotta introduce me to your dealer. :laugh:

cutthemdown
05-02-2010, 04:15 AM
Hilarious!

You really think the Suns are going to beat the Lakers four times when the Lakers have HCA?

So hard to beat the lakers size 4 games out of 7.

Lakers not playing well so if a team puts together a great series it ca be done but they will have to be a really talented and deep team. Not sure that is the suns, well, I'm sure it's not the suns.

Could be some East team but in the West I think Lakers will slug there way to victory. I see them taking Suns easier the Thunder. It's young fervor, speed and athletic prowess that lakers struggle against.

Suns have that?

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 07:48 AM

He gets WAY fewer calls than almost any other so-called "superstar" in the league.

That's pretty much true.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Hilarious!

He probably does believe that. Dude called me a homer last year for simply saying that the Lakers could win a game in Denver. The Lakers go on to win two games in Denver and if I'm remembering right he didn't post in that thread again. I'm still waiting for my response. ;D

DHallblows
05-02-2010, 10:18 AM

I watch enough to know he gets enough.

Paladin
05-02-2010, 11:13 AM
He probably does believe that. Dude called me a homer last year for simply saying that the Lakers could win a game in Denver. The Lakers go on to win two games in Denver and if I'm remembering right he didn't post in that thread again. I'm still waiting for my response. ;D

Not true, dude, but you can go ahead and enjoy your ........... chemically unduced "dream".

It seems to me that it is true that Flaker fans are the bigggest boatload of braggarts and blowhards on the internet sports scenes......

RhymesayersDU
05-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Rhymes was banned for something stupid.

(wink, wink)

ANYWAYS.

Yeah the key for the Nuggies here is holding down home court. The Nuggs have played like complete crap down the stretch so I don't see them winning a playoff game @ Utah, which is probably the best home court in the league.

As a Nuggs fan I'm hoping Nuggies in 7. I mean, I'm hoping Nuggies in 4, but that's not realistic, obviously. I think this home court is pretty crucial in this series. Suns did the Nugs a huge favor by beating Utah the other night.

Quoting myself... I mean, err... Some noob.

Anyways. Nuggs couldn't hold down HC, and as such, they lost. Just like I said. I take no pleasure in being correct on this, but it is what it is. When you take a team that doesn't have the heart to win and then compound that with injuries to key players AND missing the head coach, and it's pretty easy to see they weren't going far. They were never going to win a game in Utah. Period. I'm pretty frustrated with the team. I'm ready to blow it up minus Lawson, Afflalo, and Birdman. I know Bird had a down year after signing that contract, but I believe it was due to his knee tendinitis. If he can get healthy I love him off the bench. Anyways, yes, you'll notice Carmelo isn't on that list. I'm 50/50 on the guy at this point. Maybe I'm being too hard on him, but on the other hand, he's supposed to be one of the best players on the planet. We should be hard on him.

The problem is the team lacks heart, and I believe it stems from the best player on down. I hate to say that. I want so badly for Carmelo to lead us to the promised land. I've loved and defended him since day one. But now I don't know. Maybe he's a Paul Pierce guy. Super talented but needs good help. Who knows. I mean, maybe the problem is the team hasn't given him a true solid #2. Chauncey was able to put it together for a year, but he hasn't played well either. I don't know.

Here's what I do know, and why I keep banging the "this team has no heart" drum. It was game 3 or 4, and there were AT LEAST 5-6 loose balls that game, balls that were 50/50. Every single time, a member of the Utah Jazz would hit the floor and grab it. I saw Carlos Boozer hit the floor. The second best player on their team. I saw Kenyon once or twice bend over and give a half-hearted attempt. But actually dive? No, can't be bothered to do that. The other times I can't remember who was in the vicinity but they gave similar efforts. That's where the games are won and lost. That's heart. It's hustle. It's not waiting for somebody else to dive for the ball. It was disgusting.

Don't even get me started on JR, that ninny Nene, or anybody else on the roster. It's just not working. And I obviously know you can't just blow up a team in one offseason, but I really hope the front office has some sort of plan.

Congrats to az. Deron is phenomenal. I mean, we all knew he was good. But he's next level. I was telling somebody he could end up better than Stockton. And I truly believe that. I actually can't wait for Chris Paul to get healthy, because now we have a legitimate debate. I want to watch these two players for the next 10 years and see where the chips fall.

cutthemdown
05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Lakers are improving as playoffs go. They are going to do it again!!

Today the heros are Gasol and Odom who played really hard and unselfishly. Then of course Kobe as usual at the end and in 4th quarter.

Phil Jackson never loses a series when he wins first game so really Jazz are through. You have to take first game to have a good chance vs the Purple and Gold championship machine.

Man if only the Broncos could be like the Lakers...that would be sweet.

cutthemdown
05-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Not true, dude, but you can go ahead and enjoy your ........... chemically unduced "dream".

It seems to me that it is true that Flaker fans are the bigggest boatload of braggarts and blowhards on the internet sports scenes......

Well that's what happens when you win all the time. A few cities have teams like that. Yankees, Lakers have it, Broncos, Nuggets don't. Just be happy Broncos won a couple. But imagine if the Broncos had won 4 or 5 more in last 10 yrs. Don't you think you would be a little arrogant to Raider and Chief fans, or the NFL in general.

Inkana7
05-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Phil Jackson never loses a series when he wins first game so really Jazz are through.
What's that saying? Something about counting chickens before they something?

cutthemdown
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM

It's really hard to beat the Lakers 4 out of 7. EVen though other west teams really good none of them have a super special player like Kobe. In basketball that is everything so right off the bat you are under the gun. All the Lakers, with Kobe, have to do is play .501% and they win it all. That's why football is so much different. You have to be 100% winning % or your out.

So once you lose the first game vs lakers now you have to beat Kobe and the Lakers 4 out of 6 games.

So you are right, nothing over, anything can happen. Of course I realize it's not really officially over and until it is anything can happen.

But seriously if I told you I would bet you right now on the series, give you 2-1 odds, but say it has to be 500 bucks minimum.

So what I am saying is I will bet you right now lakers take the jazz. If I win you give me 500 bucks. If I lose I will give you 1000. Any real gambler would say you are crazy, those odds stink, you have to give me more. So what do you say do you want that action?

Boobs McGee
05-02-2010, 03:55 PM

what he's saying, is history appears to be on the Lakers' side, with Jackson's teams going 44-0 after winning Game 1.

;D

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/phil-jackson/

Inkana7
05-02-2010, 04:01 PM
It's really hard to beat the Lakers 4 out of 7. EVen though other west teams really good none of them have a super special player like Kobe. In basketball that is everything so right off the bat you are under the gun. All the Lakers, with Kobe, have to do is play .501% and they win it all. That's why football is so much different. You have to be 100% winning % or your out.

So once you lose the first game vs lakers now you have to beat Kobe and the Lakers 4 out of 6 games.

So you are right, nothing over, anything can happen. Of course I realize it's not really officially over and until it is anything can happen.

But seriously if I told you I would bet you right now on the series, give you 2-1 odds, but say it has to be 500 bucks minimum.

So what I am saying is I will bet you right now lakers take the jazz. If I win you give me 500 bucks. If I lose I will give you 1000. Any real gambler would say you are crazy, those odds stink, you have to give me more. So what do you say do you want that action?

Sir, not only am I a college student without any money, but I think the Lakers are going to win the series. I just think it's incredibly arrogant to say that "the jazz are basically through."

FADERPROOF
05-02-2010, 04:12 PM
45-0 when winning the 1st game of a series, sorry Jazz...

azbroncfan
05-02-2010, 06:11 PM

The reason that any real gambler would think you were crazy is you would be ripping them off giving them bull**** odds. I'll bet the odds for the Jazz winning the series now is somewhere in the 8-10 to 1 ball park. Lakers were probably 2-1 before today or worse.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I watch enough to know he gets enough.

"Enough?"

What does that even mean?

Way to bring the stats! :oyvey:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Now, you need to admit that it's easy to be a fan of a team who wins all of the time.

OK - then you can pick up the tab for my season tickets next time. Ha!

DHallblows
05-02-2010, 09:33 PM
"Enough?"

I really enjoy the fact that your rebuttal was brimming with stats.

And if you can't see the irony of a Lakers fan complaining about calls, there's no point in me responding to you.

24champ
05-02-2010, 10:04 PM
OK - then you can pick up the tab for my season tickets next time. Ha!

Should have included the 25 dollar parking, and 10 dollar beers too.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I really enjoy the fact that your rebuttal was brimming with stats.

If you actually knew anything about the NBA, I wouldn't need to provide you with the stats, but here you go:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6853/76197003.png

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/stats/leaders/postseason/yearly/NBA/FTA

As you can see, Kobe ranks 6th in FT attempts behind Deron Williams, Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, and LaMarcus Aldridge.

The only other Laker who even makes the list is Pau Gasol at #18. Both Billups and Nene are ahead of Gasol on the list, BTW.

And if you can't see the irony of a Lakers fan complaining about calls, there's no point in me responding to you.

This would only be "ironic" if your suggestion that Kobe and/or the Lakers get more calls than others were based in fact.

It's not.

ZONA
05-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Time for the Suns to put a spanking on those Spurs. Lopez they are saying could be back by game 2 and I think that is really going to give them a boost. I'll be quite honest, this is the best Suns team I think there has been in quite awhile. This one actually plays defense. I don't think I ever saw the Suns trap a single time during the years of D'Antoni and during the playoffs I've seen them trap at least 5 times per game. They actually rotate on defense now and surprisingly enough, the Suns are one of the better shot blocking teams in the NBA. And on many occasions they outrebound their opponent. Obviously they match up better with the Spurs with a healthy Lopez at center but I still think they Suns have too much offense to go along with a much improved defense and the Spurs won't be able to deal with it for 7 games. And when was the last time the Suns were known for having a deeper and better bench then the Spurs? Funny huh. I still think it's possible for the Spurs to win the series but only if they can contain Richardson. If he goes off for 25+ each game, then I think the Suns handle them.

DHallblows
05-02-2010, 11:28 PM
...I really don't see how you're proving your point. He's #6 in free throws attempted...so he gets plenty of calls. I just picked Kobe because he's a high profile player and 50% of the people still in this thread are LA fans.
Thank you for giving the stats to prove my point. I'm pretty happy with "enough"= #6 in FTA in the playoffs so far. I'll stand by that statement.

Jason in LA
05-02-2010, 11:49 PM

What are you talking about its not true? You never responded. I thought it was really funny that just because I said that the Lakers could win, not would win, but simply could win a game in Denver, you called me a homer. When the Lakers won the first game in Denver you didn't post in that thread anymore. The other Nuggets fan finally showed up after I called both of you out a number of times.

About a month ago one of you Nugget fans said that the Lakers wouldn't make the NBA Finals because the Nuggets were going to make it through this year. That was pretty funny.

cutthemdown
05-03-2010, 12:07 AM
The reason that any real gambler would think you were crazy is you would be ripping them off giving them bull**** odds. I'll bet the odds for the Jazz winning the series now is somewhere in the 8-10 to 1 ball park. Lakers were probably 2-1 before today or worse.

I agree. Which is why I said no real gambler would take that bet. it's almost 90% Lakers take it based on talent and the fact they are up 1-0, and jacksons record being up 1-0, and the home court advantage, and they are champs, which was why it was a great example of proving why I am so confident.

It's not over confidence when the people making the money doing this stuff would agree with you.

Like you said pretty much you would have to give 7 or 8 to 1. Maybe even 9-1. At least right now, obviously once jazz win a game, if they even series etc that would go down.

Like I said though it's pretty much over. That was my point and it sounds like you agree with me.

Obviously though only a fool would take that bet. It wasn't a serious offer because i wouldn't really expect someone to be that dense. I expected for it to make him say would I want that bet? Hell no I wouldn't. Then he says I guess I understand now why he feels so confident etc etc.

cutthemdown
05-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Kobe never got the treatment from refs Jordan got. Early in career teams were super physical on Jordan but once he was a star he got all the calls. Even when he wasn't fouled he got calls.

Kobe never really got a change. He takes a lot of hits that would have been whistles for Jordan.

Kobe if he leads Lakers to this championship really elevates himself into the upper upper echelon of NBA elite.

I'd say one more ring and he goes past Magic Johnson and becomes the greatest Laker ever.

cutthemdown
05-03-2010, 12:11 AM
We may not see a player with the all around game, basketball smarts, offense, defense, able to play hurt skill set Kobe has in a long long time. He probably isn't likeable enough to really reach that for everyone, but for Laker fans we know.

He's a friggin god of basketball. Gretzky good, Pele good, Joe Montana good.

cutthemdown
05-03-2010, 12:16 AM
"Enough?"

I would say Kobe get's most calls that are obvious fouls. I would also say Kobe doesn't get calls that maybe other stars would get.

Overall I don't think Kobe or us Laker fans really have a problem with the calls. It's only when other teams say that's why we win that we cry foul. The reality is Lakers win because they have size, 2-3 really good players, and then the special ingredient of a super special all time great player, and a legend of a coach.

Most teams only have really good players and a really good coach. Hard to beat a team with something that only comes around once every 25 yrs.

Anything could happen though because Artest hasn't really made Lakers better. Thank god Odom hung around. I really think he is the luxury that helps Lakers through tough series.

You know Gasol can battle all game and be pretty good. He's long, causes problems. Kobe likewise sort of gives you expected production each night. Lakers know not much can happen at PG. Fish about all we have. But if ODOM or Walton start pitching in it becomes too much for teams to withstand. It's hard enough just stopping kobe from getting 40 points.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-03-2010, 01:20 AM
...I really don't see how you're proving your point. He's #6 in free throws attempted...so he gets plenty of calls. I just picked Kobe because he's a high profile player and 50% of the people still in this thread are LA fans.
Thank you for giving the stats to prove my point. I'm pretty happy with "enough"= #6 in FTA in the playoffs so far. I'll stand by that statement.

Your use of vague language like "enough" and "plenty" doesn't make any sort of "point" for you - unless the point is that you don't really follow the NBA.

ZONA
05-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Speaking of calls, I've watched quite a few playoff games this year and one thing I really really like is that the refs have swolled the whistles on the weak stuff. I'm seeing alot more non calls then ever before. I'm not seeing offensive players who plow right into defensive players, just holding their ground, and getting rewarded with a foul. Not as often anyhow. I just wish the refs would call games like this for the entire year. I hate when guards just dash to the paint and jump into people because they know the refs are going to call a foul if there's contact. It's frustrating to see a defensive player move his feet and get into position, not necessarily trying to take a charge, but just cutting somebody off, and the ref calls them for a foul. I think that's why there has been an increase in defensive players flopping over the past 10 years of so. Quit bailing the offensive player out all the time and I bet you would see less acting/flopping from the defense.

DHallblows
05-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Your use of vague language like "enough" and "plenty" doesn't make any sort of "point" for you - unless the point is that you don't really follow the NBA.

You keep your "us against the world" mentality and I'll keep my discussions limited to the other, sane Lakers fans.

ohiobronco2
05-03-2010, 07:29 AM
We may not see a player with the all around game, basketball smarts, offense, defense, able to play hurt skill set Kobe has in a long long time. He probably isn't likeable enough to really reach that for everyone, but for Laker fans we know.

I like Kobe. He's been a great player for a long time now. He will definitely be considered one of the all time greats when all is said and done. However, if Lebron gets a few titles and stays healthy, when he is finished, he will be the best to ever play the game. Just my opinion. I think LeBron is a better shooter, better passer and better rebounder. Kobe is a better one on one defender and he definitely the most clutch player in the NBA. LeBron can also play more positions than Kobe, frankly I think LeBron could play 1-4 comfortably and could play 5 if necessary. Kobe can't do that.

ohiobronco2
05-03-2010, 07:32 AM

This is your bread and butter. Just cause someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they don't watch enough basketball.

broncofan2438
05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Speaking of calls, I've watched quite a few playoff games this year and one thing I really really like is that the refs have swolled the whistles on the weak stuff. I'm seeing alot more non calls then ever before. I'm not seeing offensive players who plow right into defensive players, just holding their ground, and getting rewarded with a foul. Not as often anyhow. I just wish the refs would call games like this for the entire year. I hate when guards just dash to the paint and jump into people because they know the refs are going to call a foul if there's contact. It's frustrating to see a defensive player move his feet and get into position, not necessarily trying to take a charge, but just cutting somebody off, and the ref calls them for a foul. I think that's why there has been an increase in defensive players flopping over the past 10 years of so. Quit bailing the offensive player out all the time and I bet you would see less acting/flopping from the defense.

Not sure what game you are watching but the refs need to shove that whistle up their ass and keep it there. Its to inconsistent. Howard got into foul trouble every game, melo would get into foul trouble evey other game.

oubronco
05-03-2010, 08:32 AM

I love the Lakers but what about Lebron he's going to be a legend when he's done

Mr.Meanie
05-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I like Kobe. He's been a great player for a long time now. He will definitely be considered one of the all time greats when all is said and done. However, if Lebron gets a few titles and stays healthy, when he is finished, he will be the best to ever play the game. Just my opinion. I think LeBron is a better shooter, better passer and better rebounder. Kobe is a better one on one defender and he definitely the most clutch player in the NBA. LeBron can also play more positions than Kobe, frankly I think LeBron could play 1-4 comfortably and could play 5 if necessary. Kobe can't do that.

While I agree Lebron could possibly end up being the best to ever play, you can't really compare Kobe and Lebron because they play 2 different positions. It would be like comparing Kobe to Chris Paul or Tim Duncan... it's apples and oranges. A better comparison for Kobe would be another 2 Guard like Jordan.

I think Lebron is a better passer, and by nature of his position a better rebounder, but Kobe is by far the better shooter and it really isn't even close. He is one of the best pure shooters in the league, and one of the best of all time. Lebron is can knock down shots but his game is mostly having everyone clear out of the lane so he can put his head down and bull-rush to the basket and get the foul (which he gets almost every time whether he initiates the contact or not) or kick out to an open perimeter guy.

ohiobronco2
05-03-2010, 12:27 PM
While I agree Lebron could possibly end up being the best to ever play, you can't really compare Kobe and Lebron because they play 2 different positions. It would be like comparing Kobe to Chris Paul or Tim Duncan... it's apples and oranges. A better comparison for Kobe would be another 2 Guard like Jordan.

I think Lebron is a better passer, and by nature of his position a better rebounder, but Kobe is by far the better shooter and it really isn't even close. He is one of the best pure shooters in the league, and one of the best of all time. Lebron is can knock down shots but his game is mostly having everyone clear out of the lane so he can put his head down and bull-rush to the basket and get the foul (which he gets almost every time whether he initiates the contact or not) or kick out to an open perimeter guy.

I agree. LeBron does rush down the lane often and gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to foul calls. But we all know that happens with star players. What is so impressive to me is how he gets half of those contested shots to fall. The kid is really strong and it shows when defenders are all over you and you still can finish at the rim. Concerning who is the better shooter, LeBron has a higher FG percentage but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with his finishing at the rim where Kobe may settle for jump shots more often. As Kobe gets older and loses his explosiveness he will have to settle for jump shots more often, like MJ in his later years. Would be interesting to see a side by side comparison of FG% at varying distances from the rim concerning Bryant and James.

TheChamp24
05-03-2010, 02:18 PM

Gretzky shattered NHL records, Montana was the MVP of how many Super Bowls and Pele, well, thats soccer.

My comparison for Kobe? Emmitt Smith. A guy who is amazing, and one of the best to ever play, but there are others who you would take over him. Not a knock on Kobe, just the way I feel about him.

ZONA
05-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Not sure what game you are watching but the refs need to shove that whistle up their ass and keep it there. Its to inconsistent. Howard got into foul trouble every game, melo would get into foul trouble evey other game.

Mostly I've been watching Blazers/Suns and Mavs/Spurs and there was a ton of no calls in both those series and it was great. I did watch 2 of the Hawks games and 1 Lakers game and that's what I've seen so far.

FADERPROOF
05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Gotta suck for Lakers fans to hear Magic Johnson call LeBron the best player in the game and that the torch is passed from Kobe to him.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-03-2010, 05:03 PM
You keep your "us against the world" mentality and I'll keep my discussions limited to the other, sane Lakers fans.

That's the whole point - you're not really discussing anything substantial here.

You're just throwing out vague comments like "Kobe gets 'enough' calls," or "Kobe gets 'plenty' of calls" with no context and no reference to actual games, stats, etc.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-03-2010, 05:04 PM
This is your bread and butter. Just cause someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they don't watch enough basketball.

Then show me where I'm wrong where he is concerned.

DHallblows
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
That's the whole point - you're not really discussing anything substantial here.

You're just throwing out vague comments like "Kobe gets 'enough' calls," or "Kobe gets 'plenty' of calls" with no context and no reference to actual games, stats, etc.

...hahahaha no, YOU'RE not discussing anything substantial here and I'm just responding to your dribble because it's funny.
I was talking with normal basketball fans about comparisons to other sports and made the mistake of saying the K word in the only thread you frequent on a Broncos board. You hopped in, team insecurities swinging, attacking anyone disagreeing with you. So keep being captain super fan and having your fellow LA fans embarrassed for you while I continue proving my point without a quarter of the basketball knowledge.
Kobe gets plenty of calls...which you proved. Thanks. Sorry I didn't go into an essay explaining what that word meant, everyone else was intelligent enough to figure it out.

worm
05-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Gretzky shattered NHL records, Montana was the MVP of how many Super Bowls and Pele, well, thats soccer.

My comparison for Kobe? Emmitt Smith. A guy who is amazing, and one of the best to ever play, but there are others who you would take over him. Not a knock on Kobe, just the way I feel about him.

Seriously? This comparison makes no sense to me.

Emmitt Smith was a product of his environment...Kobe is in the top 5 to ever play the game. Huge difference.

RhymesayersDU
05-03-2010, 07:42 PM

This is ridiculous. You have to compare Kobe to some kind of QB. QB's win championships. As does a star playing in the NBA. If anything, Kobe is Aikman and a guy like Gasol is his Emmitt. I know that Kobe won 3 rings as a second fiddle to Shaq, but still, calling him Emmitt is vastly underrating him.

24champ
05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Before someone else posts this. I am not sure what Kobe is doing...and Kobe himself thinks its crazy.

http://www.latimesmagazine.com/2010/05/kobe-white-hot.html

How the hell did this happen? Absolutely—every time. Like I’m sitting here right now. [Nods toward the two ladies primping him.] You know what I mean? This is dream s--t. Wardrobe that’s all white? This just doesn’t happen. Not for me. This is crazy.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0134802f972f970c-800wi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecfff7b8970b-800wi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecfff5a4970b-800wi

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-03-2010, 08:21 PM
...hahahaha no, YOU'RE not discussing anything substantial here and I'm just responding to your dribble because it's funny.
I was talking with normal basketball fans about comparisons to other sports and made the mistake of saying the K word in the only thread you frequent on a Broncos board. You hopped in, team insecurities swinging, attacking anyone disagreeing with you. So keep being captain super fan and having your fellow LA fans embarrassed for you while I continue proving my point without a quarter of the basketball knowledge.
Kobe gets plenty of calls...which you proved. Thanks. Sorry I didn't go into an essay explaining what that word meant, everyone else was intelligent enough to figure it out.

Holy crap! Now you're just making up history as you go along. :crazy:

Gotta love the Internet - people like you can revise history and the facts any way that suits them.

DHallblows
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
And scene

cutthemdown
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM

Well unitl he wins championships we won't know. Also to tell you the truth I haven't watched Lebron enough to say.

The thing with Kobe is his amazing ability to stay focused and work hard towards getting better.

Lebron is bigger but he's not a better shooter then Kobe. I will give you the rebounding. Also all around defense Lebron can't match the Mamba.

Lebron a great player though and like you said he could get better. If he get's better then like you say he could become best ever.

Right now though Kobe is top dog.