PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts and Alot of Crow

Pages : [1] 2

SoCalBronco
10-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I am back...and a little bit more refreshed after taking my break.

As many of you here may have read, I mentioned alot of things in my last post...mainly about how I was getting sick and tired of this place for a number of reasons. I had mentioned in that post that perhaps what I needed was a break. So I went ahead and took a break. I had to get out of here for awhile...as I mentioned to Taco a couple days ago, it was getting to my blood pressure and affecting my health and that's not a good thing. It was good to get away and observe things from afar. I know there will be people that will think that I stayed away because I was "pissed" or angry that Josh was doing well. That's a bunch of crap. The people who would believe that have an amazing disregard for facts. I said upfront that maybe it was time to take a break because I was getting sick of it, and that was right after Game 1, hardly a great performance. I also went out of my way to give Nolan and the D major props after that game. I would not head out there every summer if I didn't really love them. I took a break because it was affecting me and I said that up front. If you don't believe that...I don't know what to tell you. You can believe whatever you like. I've enjoyed what the staff has been able to do with this team. They're doing a great job and they are making me eat a ton of crow. I will definitely give them their hard earned props.

I mentioned during the summer that McD would get an oppurtunity to prove his true mettle. Personally, I didn't think he was great either as a coach or as an administrator. I thought he was a disaster of biblical proportions. He's definitely proven me wrong so far. He deserves alot of credit. I will give him his props. He's earned it and he deserves it. I was wrong about his coaching ability. He may very well be a worthy heir to Shanahan. I still love Mike. That man meant alot to me. Many of the best days of my life came because of him and I suppose I held an emotional attachement to him over the summer. That obviously reflected in some over the top hatred towards Josh. I admit that. I still disagree with Josh on a few things. I still strongly disagree with the Cutler trade. Jay has mostly performed well (with the noted exception of a few games) playing with dog****. Outside of a few rough patches, he's shown he's a true talent in the games and I'd love to have him here, still. I still wish he was here (and I still root for him to do well because he's my 2nd favorite player) and I still disagree with that move.

But McD and McCoy are to be commended with their work with Orton. Purely in the abstract, Kyle Orton is nothing special, but the staff has done an excellent job not only in terms of minimizing his weaknesses, but one can also see the progression of his game from week to week with their coaching.
It's not unlike Ryan Harris's progression as a starter last year. It's like night and day. First, he was shaky and mediocre (CIN), and then he became a more steady game manager (CLE and OAK) and then the coaches took him to a higher level of play (arguably elite) in the last three game stanza in particular, where he is actually making plays, while still maintaining efficiency and risk averse play. McD is doing a fine job making lemonade out of lemons on that front. McD is doing things with Kyle that the large majority of the league could not do and that alone illustrates his superior acumen with QB's.

Regarding FA, McD and Xanders have also done a stellar job. I liked the Hill signing but I was on record as being lukewarm about Dawkins. They hit a homerun with him. They also had the foresight to make it a short term deal as protection against aging. Nolan and his staff have also done a phenomenal job with the defense. I mentioned this summer that I did not care for the 3-4 in terms of how it meshed with our front seven personnel, but Nolan's definitely proven he's a miracle worker, especially with the front three. I am most happy about how the staff is helping DJ's development. You couldn't even imagine how happy I was during the SD game when he was tearing into Philip Rivers repeatedly in the 4th quarter and balling the whole Dallas game esp with that hit on Roy Williams. I am very happy with how they are developing the talent on that side of the ball. Doom is amazing standing up as an OLB and Davis is doing a fine job vs. the run. You can even see flashes of brilliance from time to time with Ayers. It will take some time, even Mayock said it, but he'll be a good SOLB fairly soon and should overtake Haggan by the end of the year. The turnaround on that side of the ball has been nothing short of amazing. I'm still not sure how they are doing it with that no name front three, but they are definitely doing it. While he doesnt coach that side of the ball, McD is to be commended for his judgement in terms of hiring the DC and various position coaches he did. They also did a good job in evaluation: they didn't spend a ton of cash but found good system fits.

One more thing. I would like to apologize to people who felt offended by me this offseason. My tirades were based on genuine feelings of disappointment and dispair at developments. As noted above, I still am upset on the Cutler trade, but Josh has done such a fabulous job of individual QB coaching, he's been able to make it work increasingly well without as much talent. He's making it work in alot of ways and proving me wrong on alot of different points. While I find tsiguy96 annoying at times, I think he was probably right to say we should have waited. In any case, I can see how certain people would be upset with me. I understand their rationale. I apologize for my clear role in making it a more unpleasant place. I'm sure there are several folks who also found the place more and more unpleasant (as I did) in some measure because of me. That's fine. I was upset but I see how that can make others feel when I project the anger constantly. I can see where my friend Popps and some others on the other side of the argument are coming from on that point. I will eat the crow. Josh and his staff definitely deserve their props on the coaching front. They've already accomplished a season's worth of expected wins in 6 games.

As a gesture of good faith, when we get avatars back, I will voluntarily put up a pic of Josh for two weeks. In the meantime, I realize I deserve some (alot) of ribbing and criticism and I'm ready to take it.

broncocalijohn
10-26-2009, 11:07 PM
who are you? No thanks, we have broncos warrior instead!
Hogan has a nice avatar for you of McDaniels serving crow while in a chef outfit... it would be perfect. Also, it seems someone found a post with your name on a Bears or football website around 9/2. Wasnt that you? Maybe it wasnt a Bears website so I hope I am confused on that. Anyways, enjoy the crow, welcome back and cut n paste that post to BF so she can get her butt back in here too.

OABB
10-26-2009, 11:10 PM
welcome back...

TheReverend
10-26-2009, 11:11 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/wak34/whatwhat.gif

Kidding. Good post and welcome back.

Hogan11
10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=25193&stc=1&d=1255375575

Serving a table for one.......FWIW, I ate my crow on the Dawk signing eons ago. Welcome back.

SureShot
10-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Burn him!

TheDave
10-26-2009, 11:16 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=25193&stc=1&d=1255375575

Serving a table for one.......FWIW, I ate my crow on the Dawk signing eons ago. Welcome back.

I just love that picture... ;D

Good to see you're back SoCal.

azbroncfan
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Welcome back we all have had our share of crow. DJ is playing great and you know I have been one of the biggest haters of him but this new system and coaching is working for him. I got drunk on the first preseason game and said the Defense still sucked. Glad I am eating it on both.

broncocalijohn
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Theres the pic! That is socal's new avatar once TJ lets us have them back.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 11:18 PM
tanned and well-rested.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Too late, I already ate all the crow. I'm such a glutton.

SoCalBronco
10-26-2009, 11:20 PM
who are you? No thanks, we have broncos warrior instead!
Hogan has a nice avatar for you of McDaniels serving crow while in a chef outfit... it would be perfect. Also, it seems someone found a post with your name on a Bears or football website around 9/2. Wasnt that you? Maybe it wasnt a Bears website so I hope I am confused on that. Anyways, enjoy the crow, welcome back and cut n paste that post to BF so she can get her butt back in here too.

I haven't posted on a Bears site or any other NFL team site this season....and yes, that Hogan crow pic would make a fine avatar.

Rigs11
10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Orton nothing special? Have you freaking watched the games?If you're gonna eat crow than have a full helping, don't just nibble on a wing...

OABB
10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
You know Cutler has 10 picks right? and 9 of them have been in their 3 losses?

SoCalBronco
10-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Orton nothing special? Have you freaking watched the games?If you're gonna eat crow than have a full helping, don't just nibble on a wing...

In the abstract...he is nothing special. But with the coaching he's got from McD and McCoy, they've turned him into something he hasn't even remotely resembled since he's been in the league. They got him up to game manager level and now they've got him even higher than that....but yes...I think purely in the abstract, he isn't special. They're just doing a super job of coaching him up and they definitely deserve super props for individual (position) coaching ability.

OABB
10-26-2009, 11:26 PM
In the abstract...he is nothing special. But with the coaching he's got from McD and McCoy, they've turned him into something he hasn't even remotely resembled since he's been in the league. They got him up to game manager level and now they've got him even higher than that....but yes...I think purely in the abstract, he isn't special. They're just doing a super job of coaching him up and they definitely deserve super props for individual (position) coaching ability.

He's bright, understands the game, and is a winner. None of these are new. He just is allowed to throw the ball in a more qb friendly system.

SoCalBronco
10-26-2009, 11:26 PM
You know Cutler has 10 picks right? and 9 of them have been in their 3 losses?

He continues to throw some high risk passes, but he's looked pretty damn good more often than not. I wish he'd cut down on the risk taking, but it seems that's just part of the game. If you took the gunslinger element out of his game, while he'd have alot fewer picks, you'd also rob him of all the great plays. They go hand in hand. Just like Favre.

broncocalijohn
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Socal, not to let the cat out of the bag but Favre is a winner and always has been.

OABB
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
He continues to throw some high risk passes, but he's looked pretty damn good more often than not. I wish he'd cut down on the risk taking, but it seems that's just part of the game. If you took the gunslinger element out of his game, while he'd have alot fewer picks, you'd also rob him of all the great plays. They go hand in hand. Just like Favre.

Just like the farve that sucks. When Farve wins, it's when he is more like Orton, and less like Cutler. I'm sick of this comparison, because it only highlights the good about Farve and ignores all the bad years he has had and the 4 int playoff games...

When Farve plays well, he doesn't throw picks and he is a three time mvp.

Cutler is not anything like that Farve.

Clockwork Orange
10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Good to see you again SoCal. :)

Rigs11
10-26-2009, 11:31 PM

Yeah lets throw ints in the first 3 quarters so that we fall behind and i can come out gunslinging in the 4th, makes sense..Oh and he aint anywhere near what Favre is.

Popps
10-26-2009, 11:34 PM
SoCal,

As I have mentioned on many occasions... you were definitely friendly fire in this whole thing. There are a bunch of no-shows who I think most of us are glad are history. You weren't one of them. When on top of your game, you are among the most interesting posters on this entire forum to read.... and you're on my short-list of "posters worth paying attention to."

A few thoughts...

Actually, one demand...

You will NEVER let this nonsense affect your personal well-being again. This is a football forum filled with morons, on a good day. This stuff is to be taken for what it's worth, and forum-smack is just that. Promise me you'll never take any of this nonsense seriously again. (By nonsense, I mean this forum... not your love for your team.)

Beyond that... props for eating crow. We were lucky to have Shanahan. You know damned well that very few posters around here racked up as many frequent apology miles for Mike as I did. I defended him from the Brian Griese crowd, the Ashley Lelie crowd, the Jake Plummer haters... etc. We've been blessed to have the guy and had him for a LONG time.

But, things move on... and we're once again blessed with the chance to have a great young mind coaching the team. McDaniels would cut off a finger-a-week from here out if it meant this team winning. The guy is possessed. As a Broncos fan, you HAVE to love that.

Now, beyond that... you've just got a couple of small areas to tighten up to regain your OM HOF status...

-Jay Cutler is garbage. Just realize that, get on with life... and you'll find enjoyment in every interception he throws, like most of us. Honestly. He's NFL-trash. Might be a great guy to have a beer with, but he's a garbage NFL QB, at this stage.

-D.J. Williams is good, not great. :) (BTW, you should be thanking McD and Nolan for finding a way to cover up that dude's lack of instincts and making him a play-maker.)

Anyway, I think I've covered everything. Now, please resume posting quality football X's and O's type **** that makes for good reading around here.

Popps
10-26-2009, 11:36 PM
"Mopey Mafia Member."

LOL

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 11:41 PM
As a gesture of good faith, when we get avatars back, I will voluntarily put up a pic of Josh for two weeks.

Don't hold your breath on avatars ... :oyvey:

How about changing yer handle to SoCalMcBronco instead? If I can do it, you can too.

Nice to see you back buddy :thumbs:

BroncoDoug
10-26-2009, 11:42 PM
page 1!! welcome back socal

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
There are a bunch of no-shows who I think most of us are glad are history.
Who?

Can't count footsteps, I can personally vouch his departure was for other reasons, and was planned for this fall a long time ago.

maher_tyler
10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
People need to stop comparing Cutler to Favre...there not even close..at this point, its a joke at best!!

OABB
10-26-2009, 11:53 PM
People need to stop comparing Cutler to Favre...there not even close..at this point, its a joke at best!!

socal is cominga round. He was sooooooooooooo wrong about a lot of things, that it isn't easy to come back to reality.

But I think he has come very far. let's let him have this for a bit.

tsiguy96
10-27-2009, 12:12 AM
and we got another fan on board...

BroncoBuff
10-27-2009, 12:18 AM

Well, Jay is way ahead of Brett comparing each of their first three seasons, which as Herc-Rock will tell you is the only way to compare.

24champ
10-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Was wondering if I would ever see you post again, especially since the Penguins will play the Kings in the Cup finals this year. :)

bronco610
10-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Welcome back SoCal, Ive missed you. Personally I dont give a damn one way or another about past posts, your opinion was your opinion. I thought thats what BB's were for.

lex
10-27-2009, 01:11 AM

As many of you here may have read, I mentioned alot of things in my last post...mainly about how I was getting sick and tired of this place for a number of reasons. I had mentioned in that post that perhaps what I needed was a break. So I went ahead and took a break. I had to get out of here for awhile...as I mentioned to Taco a couple days ago, it was getting to my blood pressure and affecting my health and that's not a good thing. It was good to get away and observe things from afar. I know there will be people that will think that I stayed away because I was "pissed" or angry that Josh was doing well. That's a bunch of crap. The people who would believe that have an amazing disregard for facts. I said upfront that maybe it was time to take a break because I was getting sick of it, and that was right after Game 1, hardly a great performance. I also went out of my way to give Nolan and the D major props after that game. I would not head out there every summer if I didn't really love them. I took a break because it was affecting me and I said that up front. If you don't believe that...I don't know what to tell you. You can believe whatever you like. I've enjoyed what the staff has been able to do with this team. They're doing a great job and they are making me eat a ton of crow. I will definitely give them their hard earned props.

I mentioned during the summer that McD would get an oppurtunity to prove his true mettle. Personally, I didn't think he was great either as a coach or as an administrator. I thought he was a disaster of biblical proportions. He's definitely proven me wrong so far. He deserves alot of credit. I will give him his props. He's earned it and he deserves it. I was wrong about his coaching ability. He may very well be a worthy heir to Shanahan. I still love Mike. That man meant alot to me. Many of the best days of my life came because of him and I suppose I held an emotional attachement to him over the summer. That obviously reflected in some over the top hatred towards Josh. I admit that. I still disagree with Josh on a few things. I still strongly disagree with the Cutler trade. Jay has mostly performed well (with the noted exception of a few games) playing with dog****. Outside of a few rough patches, he's shown he's a true talent in the games and I'd love to have him here, still. I still wish he was here (and I still root for him to do well because he's my 2nd favorite player) and I still disagree with that move.

But McD and McCoy are to be commended with their work with Orton. Purely in the abstract, Kyle Orton is nothing special, but the staff has done an excellent job not only in terms of minimizing his weaknesses, but one can also see the progression of his game from week to week with their coaching.
It's not unlike Ryan Harris's progression as a starter last year. It's like night and day. First, he was shaky and mediocre (CIN), and then he became a more steady game manager (CLE and OAK) and then the coaches took him to a higher level of play (arguably elite) in the last three game stanza in particular, where he is actually making plays, while still maintaining efficiency and risk averse play. McD is doing a fine job making lemonade out of lemons on that front. McD is doing things with Kyle that the large majority of the league could not do and that alone illustrates his superior acumen with QB's.

Regarding FA, McD and Xanders have also done a stellar job. I liked the Hill signing but I was on record as being lukewarm about Dawkins. They hit a homerun with him. They also had the foresight to make it a short term deal as protection against aging. Nolan and his staff have also done a phenomenal job with the defense. I mentioned this summer that I did not care for the 3-4 in terms of how it meshed with our front seven personnel, but Nolan's definitely proven he's a miracle worker, especially with the front three. I am most happy about how the staff is helping DJ's development. You couldn't even imagine how happy I was during the SD game when he was tearing into Philip Rivers repeatedly in the 4th quarter and balling the whole Dallas game esp with that hit on Roy Williams. I am very happy with how they are developing the talent on that side of the ball. Doom is amazing standing up as an OLB and Davis is doing a fine job vs. the run. You can even see flashes of brilliance from time to time with Ayers. It will take some time, even Mayock said it, but he'll be a good SOLB fairly soon and should overtake Haggan by the end of the year. The turnaround on that side of the ball has been nothing short of amazing. I'm still not sure how they are doing it with that no name front three, but they are definitely doing it. While he doesnt coach that side of the ball, McD is to be commended for his judgement in terms of hiring the DC and various position coaches he did. They also did a good job in evaluation: they didn't spend a ton of cash but found good system fits.

One more thing. I would like to apologize to people who felt offended by me this offseason. My tirades were based on genuine feelings of disappointment and dispair at developments. As noted above, I still am upset on the Cutler trade, but Josh has done such a fabulous job of individual QB coaching, he's been able to make it work increasingly well without as much talent. He's making it work in alot of ways and proving me wrong on alot of different points. While I find tsiguy96 annoying at times, I think he was probably right to say we should have waited. In any case, I can see how certain people would be upset with me. I understand their rationale. I apologize for my clear role in making it a more unpleasant place. I'm sure there are several folks who also found the place more and more unpleasant (as I did) in some measure because of me. That's fine. I was upset but I see how that can make others feel when I project the anger constantly. I can see where my friend Popps and some others on the other side of the argument are coming from on that point. I will eat the crow. Josh and his staff definitely deserve their props on the coaching front. They've already accomplished a season's worth of expected wins in 6 games.

As a gesture of good faith, when we get avatars back, I will voluntarily put up a pic of Josh for two weeks. In the meantime, I realize I deserve some (alot) of ribbing and criticism and I'm ready to take it.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. 40% of the people here wear cowboy boots and have tumbleweeds in their front yards and another 40% doesnt even own a pair of shoes and have chickens in their front yards.

Killericon
10-27-2009, 01:16 AM
It's great to have you back, man. Could you do me a favour and go back to the land of not-here and get -Slap- to come back, too?

Seriously, it's great to have you back, and I think we all ate crow this year....But it's such delicious crow.

Drek
10-27-2009, 04:14 AM
I'd suggest some usage of this as an avatar at some point as well:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gbn8JWfyK3tZ/340x.jpg

DJ has come alive in this defense. He gets to make use of all those diverse talents and they give him a wingman in Andra Davis who stuffs the gaps and plows through trash for him.

Now they just need to get Spencer Larsen healthy and draft someone like Rolando McClain to give him a young bull to make sure he's given the same freedom for many seasons to come.

BroncoInSkinland
10-27-2009, 04:38 AM
Welcome back SoCal, glad you got some needed rest, and it is good to have you back.

Broncoman13
10-27-2009, 04:44 AM

Glove off Orton is as accurate as any QB in the game right now... I had my doubts about Orton too SoCal, but as they say, "Proof is in the puddin" and all he's done is lead this team to victory from 10 points down against the Cowboys then Patriots, and then went on the road to SD and put up a double digit win.

Orton isn't managing games at this point. . . He is winning them.

Mediator12
10-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Welcome back partner! I really missed your opinions, candor, and analysis. Very few left around here to debate with on X's and O's and your presence will be welcome.

As for the rest of your diatribe though, let's leave it to new discussions ;D

theAPAOps5
10-27-2009, 05:39 AM
The only thing that needs to be said is Hi guys I'm home!

Welcome back buddy can't wait to read your thoughts again!

Rohirrim
10-27-2009, 05:43 AM
So Cal was gone? ???

theAPAOps5
10-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Who?

Can't count footsteps, I can personally vouch his departure was for other reasons, and was planned for this fall a long time ago.

Yep he wrote a goodbye said he is focusing on his business interests.

broncogary
10-27-2009, 05:52 AM

Maybe you're using the wrong abstract. hmmm...

Anyway, welcome back. :thumbsup:

Broncoman13
10-27-2009, 05:53 AM
The only thing that needs to be said is Hi guys I'm home!

Welcome back buddy can't wait to read your thoughts again!

I agree... and like Shanny I bet SoCal has went and studied the 3-4 and will offer some damn good insight into what Nolan is doing that is so damn effective.

SoCal, remember in camp when we were walking around and taking notes of all the tackling drills. Best tackling team in football right now. What do you think?

bronclvr
10-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. 40% of the people here wear cowboy boots and have tumbleweeds in their front yards and another 40% dont even own a pair of shoes and have chickens in their front yards.

What....this isn't normal? I am crushed.........

Ironlung
10-27-2009, 05:59 AM

He's more into the throw off the back foot kind of Qb.

baja
10-27-2009, 06:21 AM
If we loe this week does that mean So Cal is bad mojo?

j/k Welcome back So Cal

I agree with popps don't take this so serious. This should be a place to get away from all the very serious events going on all around us in our world today.

Really glad you are back. ;D

chadta
10-27-2009, 06:24 AM
welcome back an all dood,

but seriously i think this pic might make better avatar for you.

http://mystuffspace.com/graphic/drama-queen-2.gif

:wave:

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 06:31 AM
When will the book ("SoCal, the SAGA") be published?:wiggle:
I want to get an autographed copy.

Steve Prefontaine
10-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Welcome back SoCal!

Dukes
10-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. 40% of the people here wear cowboy boots and have tumbleweeds in their front yards and another 40% dont even own a pair of shoes and have chickens in their front yards.

Leave Spider alone! ;D

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 07:08 AM
. I know there will be people that will think that I stayed away because I was "pissed" or angry that Josh was doing well. That's a bunch of crap.

I tried, but can't resist.

:rofl:LOL:rofl:

cmhargrove
10-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Welcome back.

Buy yourself some brown and yellow socks, say three McMea Cuplas and we'll call it good.

BroncoInferno
10-27-2009, 07:21 AM

First off, welcome back. That was a helluva game between Clemson-Miami last Saturday, though I'm sure I'm happier with the result than you are ;D

Anyway, while I agree that McD and McCoy deserve a ton of credit for their work with Orton, I think Orton deserves a lot more credit than what you appear willing to give him. As myself and others tried to show in the offseason, Orton was never as bad in Chicago as people made it seem. When you put in all in perspective--his poor OL, poor WR, mediocre running game--Orton's 18 TD 12 INT performance from a season ago does not look too bad at all. Now, we all see Jay struggling with the same OL (actually, it was supposed to be improved with the addition of Pace at LT plus former 1st rounder Chris Williams stepping in from injury at RT), the same lame WRs, and running game that has actually gotten worse since Orton's departure (this, despite all the Cuterlites saying that he would open up the running game because teams would fear his arm). Honestly, Chicago would be better off if Cutler played more like what Orton did. Orton knew the limitations of his offense (as well as his own) and did not try to force the issue and create turnovers that would put the D in a bad spot (his D wasn't that great last season either--21st in the league). I think Orton, while perhaps not possessing jaw-dropping physical skills, has always had the ability to do what he is doing now. He simply had been playing with--as you put it--"dogg****" until this season. Honestly, I don't see how the Bears are any better with Jay than they were with Orton. Jay probably won two games that Orton wouldn't have (Steelers, Seahawks) but he also lost a couple of games that I don't think they lose with Orton because he would have been more careful with the ball (Packers, Falcons). In short, I don't think this is a case of a coaching staff turning crap into gold. I think McD saw all lot of good things from Orton on tape, things most people wouldn't pay attention to, and saw that he was a much better player than people were giving him credit for.

Anyway, like I said, glad to have you back :thumbsup:

gunns
10-27-2009, 07:23 AM
I know there will be people that will think that I stayed away because I was "pissed" or angry that Josh was doing well. That's a bunch of crap. The people who would believe that have an amazing disregard for facts.

So true.....and speaking of the devil......

While I find tsiguy96 annoying at times, I think he was probably right to say we should have waited.

True but regardless of his ego, that was the ONLY thing he or anybody else was right about. They may have thought someone was going to be good but no one knew.

and we got another fan on board...

He was never off board as far as the Broncos went. He had his own opinion about how they were being run....something you need to learn to accept.

So glad to have a true fan back and one whose posts are anticipated.

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 07:33 AM
So glad to have a true fan back and one whose posts are anticipated.

Yep, the true fans always jump off the wagon when their vast football knowledge "TELLS THEM" we ARE going to SUCK. They are so sure so sure of imminent failure they have to take a break from the team and discussions about football.

As my daughter would say: "WhatEVER".

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2009, 07:33 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8EibLa0FTE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8EibLa0FTE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 07:36 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8EibLa0FTE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8EibLa0FTE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rofl:

End Thread.

SWAK

:rofl:

BlaK-Argentina
10-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Great to have you back SoCal!

baja
10-27-2009, 07:37 AM

Perfect post for you Beantown.

Clever!

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm getting the creepy crawlies from all the hugging and kissing. How sweet.

gunns
10-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Yep, the true fans always jump off the wagon when their vast football knowledge "TELLS THEM" we ARE going to SUCK. They are so sure so sure of imminent failure they have to take a break from the team and discussions about football.

As my daughter would say: "WhatEVER".

As he said

I know there will be people that will think that I stayed away because I was "pissed" or angry that Josh was doing well. That's a bunch of crap. The people who would believe that have an amazing disregard for facts.

As my grandson would say "Believe it or not". Just nice to have him back. Is that all the nose rubbing we will have from you or can we expect more?

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 07:48 AM
As he said

As my grandson would say "Believe it or not". Just nice to have him back. Is that all the nose rubbing we will have from you or can we expect more?

I'm waiting for BroncoBuff to come in and start his version of the lovefest.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Welcome back Michael.

Perhaps this has been a valuable learning experience for you.

Judge not lest ye be judged for in the end the Football Gods will judge you on how you judged....

or something like that. Glad to have you back.

baja
10-27-2009, 07:57 AM
You can't come back now So Cal. You see we are 6 & 0 with you staying away so you can't break the trend.

You must stay away or we will lose and it will be your fault

You are going to have to take one for the team and stay away so we can go 19 & 0 ;D

gunns
10-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Welcome back Michael.

Judge not lest ye be judged for in the end the Football Gods will judge you on how you judged....

LOL That was great!

Meck77
10-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Welcome back SoCal. The reality is dude nobody's posts on this site are that important or worth a hill of beans when it comes to the team. Get out to a game if you can and enjoy this season. That's the only way to really get involved in the game IMO. The only Bronco expert around is coach McD as he is the one who holds the keys. The rest of us are just fans. It's much easier to just stay a fan and roll with the punches.

What an exciting season it's been. Go Broncos!

fdf
10-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Dang. So there ya go. That's what's wrong with me.

Dagmar
10-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Orton only wins because of his system...check
Jay Cutler Only loses because of the players around him...check
McDaniels has done well so far... (when does it become, McDaniels has done well, full stop?)

Don't let this place affect your health SoCal, but dude, it's obvious your opinions have barely changed.I started reading with a "Yay! SoCals back... and finished with an "oh dear. SoCal's back. :("

azbroncfan
10-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Well, Jay is way ahead of Brett comparing each of their first three seasons, which as Herc-Rock will tell you is the only way to compare.

Hadn't Brett actually been to the playoffs and won a game? Brett's first year was a drunken party on the bench anyway. Jay and Brett maybe alike in physical skills but Jay can't hold his jockstrap in any other way.

azbroncfan
10-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Welcome back SoCal. The reality is dude nobody's posts on this site are that important or worth a hill of beans when it comes to the team. Get out to a game if you can and enjoy this season. That's the only way to really get involved in the game IMO. The only Bronco expert around is coach McD as he is the one who holds the keys. The rest of us are just fans. It's much easier to just stay a fan and roll with the punches.

What an exciting season it's been. Go Broncos!

Yep Meck, I think too many of us here think we are better football minds than MCD when in reality none of us could even hold the playbook for him.

SouthStndJunkie
10-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Nice to see you posting again SoCal....never let a message board get to you to the point your blood pressure rises or endangers your health....**** like this is supposed to be an escape and a form of enjoyment and entertainment.

Same with Montrose....if you have to see a shrink and you are told to stay away from a message board, then you are taking it way too seriously.

Kaylore
10-27-2009, 09:07 AM
http://g.orkutnow.com/orkutnow/en/scraps1/welcome/sexy_welcome.gif

Seriously welcome back, chief. I thought about calling you, but I figured you needed your space. I did too. It's actually not that bad here anymore. We're slowly returning to normalcy.

Eldorado
10-27-2009, 09:11 AM
pppffffht. Hater. The wagons full, sry.

j/k welcome back.

BroncoBuff
10-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm waiting for BroncoBuff to come in and start his version of the lovefest.

I LOVE YOU GUYS! :vermeil:

Rohirrim
10-27-2009, 09:18 AM
:nutkick

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I LOVE YOU GUYS! :vermeil:

That's pretty weak.

BroncoBuff
10-27-2009, 09:22 AM
That's pretty weak.

:strong:

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 09:24 AM
:strong:

That's not the universal smilie for weak. I was expecting a bit of hutzbah snuggling.:wiggle:

The Joker
10-27-2009, 09:29 AM
The assertion that Cutler has looked good so far is pretty funny.

Still, you're a good poster more often than not so good to have you back.

55CrushEm
10-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Orton only wins because of his system...check
Jay Cutler Only loses because of the players around him...check
McDaniels has done well so far... (when does it become, McDaniels has done well, full stop?)

Don't let this place affect your health SoCal, but dude, it's obvious your opinions have barely changed.I started reading with a "Yay! SoCals back... and finished with an "oh dear. SoCal's back. :("

:giggle:

lex
10-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome back Michael.

LOL. Not really. When you boil it down, this is about scrutiny vs blind acceptance. There will be and always should be scrutiny. Whats been laughable is the amount of people who said the naysayers wanted the team to lose so they can be right but, where has that been the case? Meanwhile you have people who were apologizing for losing in advance claiming faux victories.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2009, 10:45 AM
How about an unofficial tribute to Socal from the Mane (thank you, Jay Cutler):

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hAaOwb9Rho&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hAaOwb9Rho&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 10:52 AM
How about an unofficial tribute to Socal from the Mane (thank you, Jay Cutler):

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hAaOwb9Rho&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hAaOwb9Rho&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

You ****ing rock!

A fitting tribute. Hilarious!

wolf754life
10-27-2009, 11:06 AM
it was time so cal, it was just time............4 a change!

skpac1001
10-27-2009, 11:18 AM
LOL. Not really. When you boil it down, this is about scrutiny vs blind acceptance. There will be and always should be scrutiny. Whats been laughable is the amount of people who said the naysayers wanted the team to lose so they can be right but, where has that been the case? Meanwhile you have people who were apologizing for losing in advance claiming faux victories.

Certainly true. There were some that accepted whatever the FO told them. There were some who accepted whatever Cutler and the media told them or just joined the pessimism of the day. And there were some who waited for the actual product on the field.

Drek
10-27-2009, 11:59 AM

Yep.

I and several others scrutinized the off-season and pointed out the many good football moves we where making, while many just blindly accepted the mainstream media's star****er mindset of "without Cutler we suck".

Good to know we're all on the same page.

BroncoInferno
10-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Yep.

I and several others scrutinized the off-season and pointed out the many good football moves we where making, while many just blindly accepted the mainstream media's star****er mindset of "without Cutler we suck".

Exactly. Scrutiny does not equal hatred of every move. It's looking to see the rationale behind each move and judging its merits. Some of us liked most of the offseason moves, not because of blind acceptance, but because after careful scrutiny we could see the logic in what McD was doing.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-27-2009, 12:03 PM

Whats silly is scrutinizing and and assuming without one shread of empirical evidence. You, like many others, claimed the broncos made asinine decisions before you saw the new team even take a snap. Assumptions are based solely on human thought and expectation and, if we know one thing about both these things, they are usually not very accurate.

OABB
10-27-2009, 12:06 PM

or, more fittingly, intelligence versus stupidity. Anyone who would complain about a product without ever testing it is a moron. Scrutiny towards something not seen is ok, as long as there is a caveat stated that we shall wait and see.

for instance, having an upside down bronco logo as your avatar would fall under the category "idiotic".

Socal admittedly had an emotional bias in his resentment.

When you are biased and negative because your mangina is hurt, that does not qualify as scrutiny, it is pandis.

and you all deserve to constantly have it shoved in your face so that you can be humiliated into a more intelligent person. And if you refuse, well than that only clarifies that you are a moron.

like, remember that time you said Kobe never hit a game winning shot? You deserve to have that brought up again and again, not because it's fun to insult how stupid you are, but because you may learn to think before you open your stupid mouth.

Socal is back, and hopefully his vagina is de-sanded.

Rock Chalk

Obviously you missed the point of the lesson he could have learned.

Not to blindly accept failure or success, but to wait and see.

You obviously still are retarded.

TonyR
If "blind acceptance" means giving the benefit of the doubt to Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels over a bunch of know-it-all dopes on a message board then I'm guilty as charged.

Inkana7
10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Scrutiny is saying "I'm not so sure this is gonna work." What you were doing, lex and others, was claiming that the sky was falling.

TheReverend
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM

I still think it's just more indicative of personality traits.

Going from a known quantity to an unknown and adding several controversial moves is going to have different reactions, imo.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2009, 12:19 PM

Going from a known quantity to an unknown and adding several controversial moves is going to have different reactions, imo.

I dont disagree and I dont fault people for being cynical.

But statements like "The franchise has been set back 10 years" without ever seeing what our new squad could do was moronic and borderline retarded.

TheReverend
10-27-2009, 12:26 PM

But statements like "The franchise has been set back 10 years" without ever seeing what our new squad could do was moronic and borderline retarded.

Agreed

http://i30.tinypic.com/2a5hhub.gif

missingnumber7
10-27-2009, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Rock Chalk;2620165]But statements like "The franchise has been set back 10 years" [QUOTE]

Would that be such a horrible thing?

chex
10-27-2009, 12:33 PM

I disagree.

It's completely retarded.

missingnumber7
10-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I disagree.

It's completely retarded.

And thats why opinions are like Arseholes.

broncocalijohn
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM

right when we were welcoming YOU back, you come in with that retarded post. If that was true and it is far from it, 95% would have been correct on the whole McDaniels vs Shanny and Orton vs Cutler. You were wrong big time so please tell us your home surroundings so we can say 100% of such and such are complete morons that think they know Broncos football. I am sure those that wear cowboy boots are now considered stupid. I guess you like nothing that surrounds Denver, just the team and nothing it represents for the Rocky Mountain Region.

Mediator12
10-27-2009, 12:40 PM

Its emotional rationale and broken expectations that cause such irrational behaviors from people. Socal is pretty passionate, but I did not know he had that level of frustration just ready to explode.

Lex, well, anything that does not agree with the lex is just wrong ROFL!

broncocalijohn
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
If "blind acceptance" means giving the benefit of the doubt to Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels over a bunch of know-it-all dopes on a message board then I'm guilty as charged.

+1. Add me to that list. Lex just doesnt learn. Why cant the naysayers take it all in and accept it? Why do you guys have to add comments that gives you wiggle room to say, "I knew it couldnt be true." You know who you are and it is almost as annoying as when you were the doubters of Shanny gone, Cutler being traded and the draft. Good thing is you still give us material to respond and that makes a great opinionated message board. We really do need them.

lex
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM

No, you should be thanking me for taking something you said and making it more relevant or poignant, even if by correction. Acquiescence, which you're advocating, is blind acceptance. So again, it goes back to blind acceptance vs. scrutiny.

lex
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Yep.

I really dont think SoCal needs the media to spoonfeed him what to think. I think he's probably very capable of thinking critically on his own. And that goes for several others who werent blindly accepting or tailoring their opinion into acceptance (as you are saying).

But again, even with those who were blindly accepting, several were making excuses for losing in advance, which is basically an open acknowledgment that it could be an ugly season. So that element is no better, yet you see this retarded chest pounding like they have something to feel triumphant about that others dont.

cutthemdown
10-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Your still wrong though. Cutler just isn't a very good QB and we are lucky to be rid of him and his playing style.
Unless he catches magic like Favre did that style does not wash in the NFL anymore.

You are also still wrong about Orton. He is special. You say he is nothing special but the guy is special. He's a winner and that's the best kind of special you can be.
He won before McCoy and Mcdaniels came along, and is still a winner now.

So whatever your back. I could care less and I think your post is just more of the same ole crap. It's hardly eating any crow.
Any moron can point out I guess I was wrong about Dawkins.

Then you say he may very will be the heir to Shanny. You don't say he is, you leave window open to still be right on that on eh?

Cool your a diehard Broncos for and for that we all love you, but you and others like you made the board stink and the offseason tougher then it had to be.

cutthemdown
10-27-2009, 01:40 PM
+1. Add me to that list. Lex just doesnt learn. Why cant the naysayers take it all in and accept it? Why do you guys have to add comments that gives you wiggle room to say, "I knew it couldnt be true." You know who you are and it is almost as annoying as when you were the doubters of Shanny gone, Cutler being traded and the draft. Good thing is you still give us material to respond and that makes a great opinionated message board. We really do need them.

IMO people that say I was wrong we are a lot better then I though, I give Mcdaneils credit.

Then in next breath say we would be better with Cutler still don't get it. When they say I think we could also be doing this under Shanny they don't get it.

Mcdaneils changed the whole culture of the team. Cutler would have destroyed that, and Shanny would never have cultivated it.

Shanny treated defense like a step child.

OABB
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I really dont think SoCal needs the media to spoonfeed him what to think. I think he's probably very capable of thinking critically on his own. And that goes for several others who werent blindly accepting or tailoring their opinion into acceptance (as you are saying).

But again, even with those who were blindly accepting, several were making excuses for losing in advance, which is basically an open acknowledgment that it could be an ugly season. So that element is no better, yet you see this retarded chest pounding like they have something to feel triumphant about that others dont.

what about those that waited to see what would happen before commenting at all. where do we fall?

oh and remmeber how you said Kobe never hit a game winning shot and that we shouldn't have drafted Clady?

It's still funny.

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM

You just can't fix Stupid.

Drek
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM

Some people on both sides of the coin where retarded, sure.

But to make statements like somehow the skeptical side was the rational side? I don't think SoCal would say he had the most rational of opinions this off-season.

You insist that your Pollyanna bull**** was you being a skeptical, critical fan. In fact you did VERY little to support it with rational arguments, and typically responded to the reasoning of others with what amounted to "you're wrong because I don't agree".

If you want to spout on and on about how a few people tempered their belief in the new regime with lowered expectations for this season then great, keep that confined to conversations with those people. But you don't, you paint with far too wide a brush and those of us who where behind the off-season moves but at the same time conceded that a losing season would still be a failure and disappointment will continue to call you on that bull****.

The part that really irritates me? How many of the wailing and gnashing of teeth crowd would cite the media as sure fire proof that trading Cutler, who had no desire to play football here, was a deathblow to this organization for years to come. That mindset is being a star****er at its finest. This isn't the NBA though and that mindset typically gets proven wrong, just like the Broncos are proving it wrong this season.

cutthemdown
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM

A lot of us said Mcdaniels a good coach and the team will win under him, but also that we thought it could take awhile to fix the mess on defense left by Shannahan.

Just because we may have not realized how fast Nolan could turn it around doesn't diminish the fact we had faith, and the rest of you didn't.

Cutler leaving Denver the best thing since Elway coming to Denver.

OABB
10-27-2009, 01:46 PM
It's funny how all the guys who put their own foot in their mouths and have the record of their immense wrongness copy and pasted day in and day out still argue a point as if they haven't blown all of their credibility.

Lex, bob, broncofan7, socal etc etc... were wrong, many many times over. When you are constantly wrong you should just shut the **** up and keep your posts to just stating facts and withholding opinions.

TailgateNut
10-27-2009, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Rock Chalk;2620165]But statements like "The franchise has been set back 10 years" [QUOTE]

Would that be such a horrible thing?

:wiggle:

:wiggle: (wouldn'd we want to step back 12 and win 2 in a row again?)

lex
10-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Some people on both sides of the coin where retarded, sure.

But to make statements like somehow the skeptical side was the rational side? I don't think SoCal would say he had the most rational of opinions this off-season.

You insist that your Pollyanna bull**** was you being a skeptical, critical fan. In fact you did VERY little to support it with rational arguments, and typically responded to the reasoning of others with what amounted to "you're wrong because I don't agree".

If you want to spout on and on about how a few people tempered their belief in the new regime with lowered expectations for this season then great, keep that confined to conversations with those people. But you don't, you paint with far too wide a brush and those of us who where behind the off-season moves but at the same time conceded that a losing season would still be a failure and disappointment will continue to call you on that bull****.

The part that really irritates me? How many of the wailing and gnashing of teeth crowd would cite the media as sure fire proof that trading Cutler, who had no desire to play football here, was a deathblow to this organization for years to come. That mindset is being a star****er at its finest. This isn't the NBA though and that mindset typically gets proven wrong, just like the Broncos are proving it wrong this season.

This is pure nonsense. I always said I didnt like the offense that Ive seen from New England over the past few years. I cited numerous times that NE lost the SB two years ago because they were too pass happy. Ive also said that was a big problem with our team last year. In one sense, I was wrong because the offense has been more balance than I thought and certainly more balanced than the past couple of years. But on the other hand I was right, because reasserting balance in the offense has been evident both on the field and in offseason moves. Yet when Id voice my conserns about McDaniels being to pass happy, a majority of the blowback was talking about how great the 07 Patriots were, essentially defending being too pass happy. So dont give me this crap that the Josh-heads were "right" in defending him blindlessly.

Also this relentless Patriot worship that has existed here has been disgusting. Essentially, the biggest thing McDaniels did was make people accountable, which ties back to Shanahan tolerating Sundquist and keeping people like Burney and Slowik around. I was in the camp that thought the firing Shanahan for keeping Slowik was justifiable. But then bringing in a guy who lost a SB because he fell in love with the pass became the next focus. But that ties me back to my previous paragraph about restoring balance.

I still have my concerns about the offense and the approach of tailoring your gameplan to each opponent to the degree they have but at the same time, I like winning and wasnt going to give McDaniels a pass for losing, given the offseason.

Ive given credit where credit is due which is why I laugh when people who defended going 4-12 or being pass happy try to say they were right.

chex
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM

To lump people into two groups is a bull**** statement.

Just because people chose to adopt a "let's see how this goes" attitude, it hardly defines blind acceptance.

Equally so, it's bull**** when people like you and others proclaimed as fact the season a disaster and the franchise set back a decade because of what happened. In fact, I really can't remember too many people coming out and saying that because of the moves we'd be a great team from day 1, so there was never a sense of acceptance or knowing. I know, because I was one of the 'let's see' crowd.

Be real here, you had no clue at the time what the difference was between McDaniels, Morris, and Spagnoulo. No one did.

Well, except maybe for the one guy that matters most.

You're just trying to save face as best you can deflecting criticism onto others by trying to point out they were just as wrong, which is funny because you're basically incorrectly criticizing people for doing the exact same thing you were doing. The only opinion that was ever presented as 100% slam dunk hard fact was that the franchise was in ruins. Everyone else was shouted down as being a homer, and called other childish names.

baja
10-27-2009, 02:14 PM

Clearly!

baja
10-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Also clearly true.

BroncoInferno
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Actually, lex, what many of us would say when you'd voice concerns about McD being too pass happy was that in 2008 the Pats DID run a balanced offensive attack, with a near 50/50 ratio between run and pass. We also pointed out that the offseason moves seemed geared towards feilding a strong rushing attack (signing Buckhalter and Jordan, drafting Moreno in the first round, drafting a blocking TE in the 2nd). In other words, we gave you very reasoned argument as to why your concerns in that regard were probably for nothing.

DarkHorse30
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM
if........Denver starts to suck after your thankyewjesus post; I will blame it on you, SoCal......

I'm just sayin'

theAPAOps5
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Man nothing says welcome back to the Mane like a good old back and forth argument! :)

lex
10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Actually, lex, what many of us would say when you'd voice concerns about McD being too pass happy was that in 2008 the Pats DID run a balanced offensive attack, with a near 50/50 ratio between run and pass. We also pointed out that the offseason moves seemed geared towards feilding a strong rushing attack (signing Buckhalter and Jordan, drafting Moreno in the first round, drafting a blocking TE in the 2nd). In other words, we gave you very reasoned argument as to why your concerns in that regard were probably for nothing.

I realize that and its not that I totally disregarded that it might be more balanced in terms of run/pass ration. But to drill into it further, Ive seen NE run A LOT out of SG, which was set up by the Welker screen in a way that might be described as "not passing" as opposed to running. So, my concern about balance and the running game wasnt purely tethered to play distribution. I was also concerned about having a lot of the running game funneled through one passing play. But like I said, my concern about the running game has to a large extent been assuaged to this point. Its not without flaw and I still prefer our old one but I constantly have to remind myself that Shanahan wasnt delivering our old running game either towards the end.

BroncoBuff
10-27-2009, 02:46 PM

About as moronic as many of the Cutler-hater statements in here, yours included.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2009, 02:49 PM
About as moronic as many of the Cutler-hater statements in here, yours included.

No, Cutler hater statements arise from the fact that Cutler isn't a Bronco anymore and in fact, bitched and moaned his way out of town and then proceeded to call Bronco fans a 6 while saying Chicago fans were a 9.

If you really were a Bronco fan, which you obviously are not because you are a total douche all the time on every thread and still hate everything Broncos, you would realize teh Cutler hate on this forum is not only warranted, but should be expected.

BroncoBuff
10-27-2009, 02:49 PM

A skeptical reaction is far more reasonable than blind acceptance. That's true in every phase of life (see Bush, George W.)

Of course there are extremes to both positions, which are never good. But a reasonable scrutiny is almost always the right approach.

BroncoBuff
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
No, Cutler hater statements arise from the fact that Cutler isn't a Bronco anymore and in fact, b****ed and moaned his way out of town and then proceeded to call Bronco fans a 6 while saying Chicago fans were a 9.

If you really were a Bronco fan, which you obviously are not because you are a total douche all the time on every thread and still hate everything Broncos, you would realize teh Cutler hate on this forum is not only warranted, but should be expected.

Hate everything Broncos, me?!

You ruined an otherwise good post with that ... in fact, that justification is the kryptonite to my argument about delusional Jay-haters, and one I've rarely (if ever) heard in rebuttal.

Too bad about the "Buff, you hate the Broncos" part of that post, because you almost nailed it. Almost!

Douche. :~ohyah!:

epicSocialism4tw
10-27-2009, 03:38 PM

Ironically, DJ Williams has been the major beneficiary of the new system and the new staff. He has developed into a pro-bowl level player, and is arguably the most improved player on the team.

Dont let it get to ya man. Its a game, and if it becomes a neusiance to you then its not worth it any more. You dont have to prove anything to anyone here. :thumbs:

Welcome back. Enjoy what has fast become an outstanding season of Broncos football. :thumbsup:

We're a rock 'em sock 'em team of tough-minded warriors who make the Chargers look like a bunch of whiny punks, beat down the glitz-and-glamour Cowboys, and out execute the New England Patriots in the 4th quarter. Whats not to like? Ha!

Mr.Meanie
10-27-2009, 04:00 PM
what about those that waited to see what would happen before commenting at all. where do we fall?

oh and remmeber how you said Kobe never hit a game winning shot and that we shouldn't have drafted Clady?

It's still funny.

That was classic. One of the most epic beatdowns I've seen on the internet. Ha!

SureShot
10-27-2009, 04:03 PM

epicSocialism4tw
10-27-2009, 04:06 PM
It's funny how all the guys who put their own foot in their mouths and have the record of their immense wrongness copy and pasted day in and day out still argue a point as if they haven't blown all of their credibility.

Lex, bob, broncofan7, socal etc etc... were wrong, many many times over. When you are constantly wrong you should just shut the **** up and keep your posts to just stating facts and withholding opinions.

SoCal has been around for a long time here.

We all have our opinions. I'm sure that you have been wrong before as well.

broncogary
10-27-2009, 04:24 PM
A skeptical reaction is far more reasonable than blind acceptance. That's true in every phase of life (see Bush, George W.)

Of course there are extremes to both positions, which are never good. But a reasonable scrutiny is almost always the right approach.

I must be pretty healthy. I'm very skeptical of the current Nobel Peace Prize winner. :wiggle:

broncogary
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Anyway, SoCal, the new big shot on the board is Bronco Warrior. He took over from you and TheReverend, although the Rev helped make him what he is today.

gunns
10-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by TonyR

Some of these know-it-all dopes have been around to see more than one coach leave and to see this organization hire someone, let's say they didn't enhance the abilities of the team. At those times it was acceptance and let's see, maybe this will be good and it wasn't. They've seen this organization make some incredibly bad moves in the draft, in free agency, on the field. Some are very passionate and when it looks like the team may be in trouble they react. It doesn't mean they aren't a fan, quite the opposite, they lash out, in a sense out of support for the team. It may be irrational, but none of us react the same way. And it doesn't make either a bad fan.

TotallyScrewed
10-27-2009, 05:12 PM

I think SoCal is absolutely correct about him making excellent progress as the season progresses. There was nothing remotely special in the Cinci game but he has performed quite well in the last few games and I'm hoping for more and better yet to come. I do think he owes his receiving corp a turkey dinner with all the fixins'.

skpac1001
10-27-2009, 05:19 PM

I still think you and lex are cherry picking what you are skeptical about. Reasonable people are skeptical about any position that doesn't have much evidence. Many people are skeptical about one position BECAUSE they are blindly accepting of the opposite position.

Bronx33
10-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Not good enough you must suffer through this..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pSoiau6kaYo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pSoiau6kaYo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

garandman
10-27-2009, 05:33 PM
So Cal, I am not a "regular" poster here but a lot of my feelings reflected your own, I too was pleasantly surprised by being wrong.. It's all good Brother, we are here as die-hards, as far as I am concerned we only want the best for our team...

azbroncfan
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
I think SoCal is absolutely correct about him making excellent progress as the season progresses. There was nothing remotely special in the Cinci game but he has performed quite well in the last few games and I'm hoping for more and better yet to come. I do think he owes his receiving corp a turkey dinner with all the fixins'.

He was lucky to even be playing after an open dislocation. In fact he didn't start playing great til the glove came off.

OABB
10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
SoCal has been around for a long time here.

We all have our opinions. I'm sure that you have been wrong before as well.

I was only wrong in thinking that the rev was heterosexual. But, in my defense, it is hard to get to know anyone on a message board.

Ironlung
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
He was lucky to even be playing after an open dislocation. In fact he didn't start playing great til the glove came off.

Exactly. Go slice your index finger to the bone, get it stitched, then go try to throw a football in your backyard. Then imagine having to win an nfl game with that wound. I think hes a tough sob.

TonyR
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Many people are skeptical about one position BECAUSE they are blindly accepting of the opposite position.

Now that's some well said shiz right there. Nailed it.

Al Wilson
10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I don't post much, but WELCOME back SoCal. I know you're a great passionate fan and you love the Broncos. We all have our doubts sometimes (I know I did), but you never know until you watch the team play.

Welcome Back Dude.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
They were winning w/o you here, if they start losing GTFO again.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Some of these know-it-all dopes have been around to see more than one coach leave and to see this organization hire someone, let's say they didn't enhance the abilities of the team. At those times it was acceptance and let's see, maybe this will be good and it wasn't. They've seen this organization make some incredibly bad moves in the draft, in free agency, on the field. Some are very passionate and when it looks like the team may be in trouble they react. It doesn't mean they aren't a fan, quite the opposite, they lash out, in a sense out of support for the team. It may be irrational, but none of us react the same way. And it doesn't make either a bad fan.

Yeah, wrong.

First of all, any retard lashing out at draft picks has their head up their ass*. Second, the people who were irrational were irrational because they lost their butt buddy in Cutler and they lost the one coach who brought John Elway a superbowl and had been riding on those laurels ever since. It has to do with change and them not wanting to accept it, thats it, nothing more. They didnt WANT to give McD a shot, they didn't WANT to see that with the change of the blocking scheme we needed a REAL ****ing running back. They didn't WANT to see that the FA pickups all fit the mold of what he was trying to do here.

They just wanted to **** the bed and moan and whine and cry about Shanahan getting **** canned and Cutler sent packing to QB hell. That's all they saw. You included.

You finally get your safety, and you still complained all offseason. Does that make you a bad fan? No, but it does make you a stupid one.

Except Shanahan defensive draft picks.

GreatBronco16
10-27-2009, 09:41 PM
That big long post, and you are STILL upset about Jay being traded???

Maybe you need to take yet another break and try to get rid of your serious feelings toward Jay and learn to cope without him. Jeez man.

baja
10-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah, wrong.

First of all, any retard lashing out at draft picks has their head up their ass*. Second, the people who were irrational were irrational because they lost their butt buddy in Cutler and they lost the one coach who brought John Elway a superbowl and had been riding on those laurels ever since. It has to do with change and them not wanting to accept it, thats it, nothing more. They didnt WANT to give McD a shot, they didn't WANT to see that with the change of the blocking scheme we needed a REAL ****ing running back. They didn't WANT to see that the FA pickups all fit the mold of what he was trying to do here.

They just wanted to **** the bed and moan and whine and cry about Shanahan getting **** canned and Cutler sent packing to QB hell. That's all they saw. You included.

You finally get your safety, and you still complained all offseason. Does that make you a bad fan? No, but it does make you a stupid one.

I love gunns but that is a damn funny post right there.

GreatBronco16
10-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I love gunns but that is a damn funny post right there.

Sad thing is he is spot on.

HAT
10-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey Socal.....If I call you a female will you ban me again?

Just testing the boundaries after your melt down.....If it's all good, welcome back.

If you are going to be a little bitch again and let your personal feelings toward this team affect your Mod duties.....Then GTFO again.

Let me know bro.

Dagmar
10-27-2009, 10:18 PM
This isn't the awful love fest I was expecting

*watches his words in case SoCal bans him*

SoCalBronco
10-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey Socal.....If I call you a female will you ban me again?

Just testing the boundaries after your melt down.....If it's all good, welcome back.

If you are going to be a little b**** again and let your personal feelings toward this team affect your Mod duties.....Then GTFO again.

Let me know bro.

I've never allowed my personal feelings about the team to affect my mod duties. You were banned because you deserved to be banned. Another poster was in a heated debate with Blue and said "you're retarded..arent you?" to her.

You quoted his post and said "close..female". Attacking another person's intelligence on the basis of their gender as you did in that case with her is pigheadedly sexist and unnacceptable. It has nothing to do with my "feelings about the team" or me being a "little biatch". It's all fact intensive. You degraded a female poster simply because she was female. Not acceptable. Period. It's no different than if you would have said "close...black" or "close...asian". It would be totally bigoted either way and just as unacceptable.

Dagmar
10-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I've never allowed my personal feelings about the team to affect my mod duties. You were banned because you deserved to be banned. Another poster was in a heated debate with Blue and said "you're retarded..arent you?" to her.

You quoted his post and said "close..female". Attacking another person's intelligence on the basis of their gender as you did in that case with her is pigheadedly sexist and unnacceptable. It has nothing to do with my "feelings about the team" or me being a "little biatch". It's all fact intensive. You degraded a female poster simply because she was female. Not acceptable. Period. It's no different than if you would have said "close...black" or "close...asian". It would be totally bigoted either way and just as unacceptable.

Seriously? Go back and ban all the people who pulled the same "close...skirt wearer" in reference to my nationality. Gonna ban them? Nah, didn't think so hypocrite.

Banning someone for close...female? Dude, weak.

Seriously.

Dude.

http://www.amcgltd.com/archives/dude_weak.jpg

ScottXray
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Welcome back So Cal. Looking forward to some more analysis. Hope you aren't a jinx....

As far as the Crow...Theres plenty being served up for everyone.

SoCalBronco
10-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Seriously? Go back and ban all the people who pulled the same "close...skirt wearer" in reference to my nationality. Gonna ban them? Nah, didn't think so hypocrite.

Banning someone for close...female? Dude, weak.

Seriously.

Dude.

http://www.amcgltd.com/archives/dude_weak.jpg

I never saw anyone attack you on the basis of your nationality. Had I seen it, they would have been dealt with. I'm sorry that someone was low enough to attack you because of your Scottish heritage.

Hogan11
10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
The pansy Pens still suck ;D

Dagmar
10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I never saw anyone attack you on the basis of your nationality. Had I seen it, they would have been dealt with. I'm sorry that someone was low enough to attack you because of your Scottish heritage.

It happens often! And not always just Rock Chalk!

Banned for "close...female"? http://argyle365.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/puke.gif

If we ever get sigs back...

SoCalBronco
10-27-2009, 10:43 PM
The pansy Pens still suck ;D

9-2, man. :)

I'm still waiting for Sid and Geno to turn it up, though. They've gotten off to kind of a slow start...although most of the problem is due to guys like Kunitz and Dupuis having stone hands and failing to convert chances. When they heat up, it's going to be totally lights out. I'm surprised they are 9-2 without the expected point production of their top two players.

I'm surprised that the Flyers are only 5-4-1....they are built for now with Pronger, etc. They're gambling they can win it in the next couple years before the cap eats them for lunch....and they just might do it. I expected them to start off a little faster. I am a little surprised that Ray Finkle's Rangers are doing so well. I know they improved their offense with Gaborik but I didn't think they would be this strong.

HAT
10-27-2009, 10:43 PM

Fair enough dude.......But I still contend that a poster outright calling another poster "retarded" is worse than me calling that same poster "female".

But whatever....Welcome back and GO MF'ING BRONCOS!

Never seen a two word post be banned in my internetz history. Congrats!
:notworthy

Dagmar
10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Fair enough dude.......But I still contend that a poster outright calling another poster "retarded" is worse than me calling that same poster "female".

But whatever....Welcome back and GO MF'ING BRONCOS!

Never seen a two word post be banned in my internetz history. Congrats!
:notworthy

Hmmm... retards... females... http://www.edge-kimbell.com/scales.gif

http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/gif/scheminguc2.gif

http://i43.tinypic.com/f37qiv.gif

baja
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM

You mean you have never seen any of the hundreds of posts slandering my supposed Hispanic heritage.

SureShot
10-27-2009, 10:52 PM
You mean you have never seen any of the hundreds of posts slandering my supposed Hispanic heritage.

Whoa! You are Hispanic? I thought you were Mexican.

baja
10-27-2009, 10:55 PM

Oh That's right ....

Well I'm old ya know.

Oh, now I suppose you're going to bust on that.;D

DHallblows
10-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Ooooh Orange Mane, what would I do without you? Oh, that's right: lead the same ****ing life and not b**** about it.
Welcome back SoCal, don't get stressed over a forum for a sport tsk tsk :wiggle:

ZONA
10-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Welcome back dude. Next time don't take such a long break, just go lift some weights or run a mile. That knocks off stress big time.

HAT
10-28-2009, 12:09 AM

Close...Latino.

ROFL!

HAT
10-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh That's right ....

Well I'm old ya know.

Oh, now I suppose you're going to bust on that.;D

Close...Not young.

Awww crap...That's three words. I'm slipping.

We all have something to shoot for now......A one word post that gets you banned. :strong:

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:26 AM

LOL ... classic

broncogary
10-28-2009, 05:05 AM

Everyone knows he's only Mexican because he's on the lam from Meth Alley. :~ohyah!:

errand
10-28-2009, 06:23 AM
..and yet another one of the numerous who bitched and moaned about McDaniels and Orton, and bowlen. Who spewed doom and gloom about the very team he allegedly loves....now he wants us to let him back in the fold. Talk about making people feel sick.

Whatever dude....

TonyR
10-28-2009, 06:25 AM
...any retard lashing out at draft picks has their head up their ass*. Second, the people who were irrational were irrational because they lost their butt buddy in Cutler and they lost the one coach who brought John Elway a superbowl and had been riding on those laurels ever since. It has to do with change and them not wanting to accept it, thats it, nothing more. They didnt WANT to give McD a shot, they didn't WANT to see that with the change of the blocking scheme we needed a REAL ****ing running back. They didn't WANT to see that the FA pickups all fit the mold of what he was trying to do here.

If there is a "post of the month" award I nominate this one. Solid.

gunns
10-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Yeah, wrong.

Wrong, asphault hopscotch drawing utensil boy. First off, I didn't complain all off season and there isn't a poster on this board that didn't complain about something, yourself included. Those bumped threads sure woke some holier-than-thou posters up about themselves, you for one. Second, I never complained about Shanahan being fired, I was calling for it. I didn't complain about Orton as I felt all we needed was a QB to maintain the game, we needed a defense. I did post, after his 3 INT preseason game that if this was a rebulding year maybe we should start our other QB's, try them out. I didn't complain about Jay being traded, see above, plus I didn't like the way he threw his teammates under the bus. No McD was not my first choice, I wanted a defensive minded coach. I was wrong there, but I did not complain about it. I did take a wait and see attitude. You didn't.

What I questioned was why everyone ass/u/me that Jay was the only one at fault. It takes two to tango. BUT, I knew I didn't know what really happened and neither did anyone else. I didn't like the lies that may have been told. No I wasn't thrilled about the Moreno pick as I wanted defense. Didn't lash about it though. And look at your post calling people retards for lashing out at the draft picks but then saying it was okay with Shanahan's defensive picks. Did they know when they were picked? No more than the ones picked this year. Idiot.

I did wonder if Dawkins was past his prime. Didn't lash about it though, I was excited as hell to see what he could do. All I wanted was to see improvement and that took a definite wait and see attitude.

What it comes down to is there isn't one person that didn't complain about something. Does it make them or me or YOU a bad fan, a hater? No, but what was bred was the holier-than-thou posters who tried to make themselves judge and jury about other posters fandom, opinions, and mental capacity. Trying to feel like men, pounding their chests, saying "you were wrong". Look in the mirror, teachers tool, you were right there with what you now complain about.

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Wrong, asphault hopscotch drawing utensil boy. First off, I didn't complain all off season and there isn't a poster on this board that didn't complain about something, yourself included. Those bumped threads sure woke some holier-than-thou posters up about themselves, you for one. Second, I never complained about Shanahan being fired, I was calling for it. I didn't complain about Orton as I felt all we needed was a QB to maintain the game, we needed a defense. I did post, after his 3 INT preseason game that if this was a rebulding year maybe we should start our other QB's, try them out. I didn't complain about Jay being traded, see above, plus I didn't like the way he threw his teammates under the bus. No McD was not my first choice, I wanted a defensive minded coach. I was wrong there, but I did not complain about it. I did take a wait and see attitude. You didn't.

What I questioned was why everyone ass/u/me that Jay was the only one at fault. It takes two to tango. BUT, I knew I didn't know what really happened and neither did anyone else. I didn't like the lies that may have been told. No I wasn't thrilled about the Moreno pick as I wanted defense. Didn't lash about it though. And look at your post calling people retards for lashing out at the draft picks but then saying it was okay with Shanahan's defensive picks. Did they know when they were picked? No more than the ones picked this year. Idiot.

I did wonder if Dawkins was past his prime. Didn't lash about it though, I was excited as hell to see what he could do. All I wanted was to see improvement and that took a definite wait and see attitude.

What it comes down to is there isn't one person that didn't complain about something. Does it make them or me or YOU a bad fan, a hater? No, but what was bred was the holier-than-thou posters who tried to make themselves judge and jury about other posters fandom, opinions, and mental capacity. Trying to feel like men, pounding their chests, saying "you were wrong". Look in the mirror, teachers tool, you were right there with what you now complain about.

There is a difference between "disagreement" and "complaining." Pretyy much everyone did the former regarding some moves, but there were some of us who didn't resort to outright bitching and moaning. For instance, I disagree with the selection of Richard Quinn in the 2nd round. I felt like like it was a luxury pick since we already had two very capable TEs in Graham and Scheffler, and I also felt it was a bit of a reach. That said, I also acknowledged that I could see the rationale behind the pick, which was that having two top level blocking TEs gives you more options in short yardage and goaline situations, as well as in the running game in general. That's a reasoned disagreement. Had I complained, I would have said something like this: "Goddamn, what a stupid pick! Mel Kiper projected this guy as an undrafted FA for chrissake! Plus we already have two good TEs and haven't drafted a 3-4 DL yet! McPoopypants is so stupid, he continues to set the franchise back with every move he makes!"

I trust you can see the difference. In short, you are wrong; there were some of us who didn't resort to complaining.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 07:16 AM

Hahaha I nearly soiled myself.

gunns
10-28-2009, 07:18 AM
There is a difference between "disagreement" and "complaining." Pretyy much everyone did the former regarding some moves, but there were some of us who didn't resort to outright b****ing and moaning. For instance, I disagree with the selection of Richard Quinn in the 2nd round. I felt like like it was a luxury pick since we already had two very capable TEs in Graham and Scheffler, and I also felt it was a bit of a reach. That said, I also acknowledged that I could see the rationale behind the pick, which was that having two top level blocking TEs gives you more options in short yardage and goaline situations, as well as in the running game in general. That's a reasoned disagreement. Had I complained, I would have said something like this: "Goddamn, what a stupid pick! Mel Kiper projected this guy as an undrafted FA for chrissake! Plus we already have two good TEs and haven't drafted a 3-4 DL yet! McPoopypants is so stupid, he continues to set the franchise back with every move he makes!"

I trust you can see the difference. In short, you are wrong; there were some of us who didn't resort to complaining.

So the **** what if someone has a different opinion and expresses it differently? Don't read them if you don't like them or express your opinion like they did, but of course with "reasoned disagreement". And thank you Mr. Webster for that rationalizing post about the difference between complaining and disagreement. Might I add, aren't you special since you have a reserved form of complaining, yes complaining. It's no different than someone else saying they don't like something. Has TJ said we are adopting your form of "reasoned disagreement" as a way for everyone to respond? For me, thank God for the differences of everyone on this board. How boring if we all did everything the same way. I appreciate your opinion, I trust you see the difference in my opinion and sweetie that's all all of this is, is someone else's opinion. No one is right or wrong.

TonyR
10-28-2009, 07:20 AM

It's clear that a lot of people still can't see the difference. To me it wasn't just the complaining, it was the constant, over the top complaining about everything and the nature of the comments and criticisms. It's fine to scrutinize and criticize and disagree, but wrong to condemn almost every move and call people who don't idiots and sheep.

broncogary
10-28-2009, 07:21 AM
So the **** what if someone has a different opinion and expresses it differently? Don't read them if you don't like them or express your opinion like they did, but of course with "reasoned disagreement". And thank you Mr. Webster for that rationalizing post about the difference between complaining and disagreement. Might I add, aren't you special since you have a reserved form of complaining, yes complaining. It's no different than someone else saying they don't like something. Has TJ said we are adopting your form of "reasoned disagreement" as a way for everyone to respond? For me, thank God for the differences of everyone on this board. How boring if we all did everything the same way. I appreciate your opinion, I trust you see the difference in my opinion and sweetie that's all all of this is, is someone else's opinion. No one is right or wrong.

If I say "female," do I get banned? :)

Beantown Bronco
10-28-2009, 07:25 AM
If I say "female," do I get banned? :)

It's times like this that I look to Michael Scott for guidance:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFejNW1HiKY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFejNW1HiKY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheDave
10-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Constant complaining about people who were complaining is... well...

I'm guessing most of you are missing the irony in this.

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 07:32 AM

I never claimed that SoCal set the board back a decade. ;D

Rohirrim
10-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Man, you people are ****ed up.

I was right the whole time. 8')

Meck77
10-28-2009, 07:43 AM

LESSON LEARNED:

Wait for the season to start before complaining. Complaining leads to more complaining.

Oh and you just never know if your team starts out 6-0 and you look like a total jackass who gave up on your team.

I couldn't have written a better script of comedy for this off season and the results thus far.

Oh and I'm not complaining. I'm loving it.

SouthStndJunkie
10-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Some of you mother****ers can argue about anything and beat it into the ground like nothing else has ever been beaten into the ground in the history of all mankind.

Ray Finkle
10-28-2009, 07:44 AM

Welcome back, bitch ass....

so to recap, Finkle right, Socal wrong :D

Meck77
10-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Some of you mother****ers can argue about anything and beat it into the ground like nothing else has ever been beaten into the ground in the history of all mankind.

You'll eat some crow when you finally realize that Jay is just another average QB who won't bring you playoffs wins or a SB ring. I seem to recall you using that franchise tag for that loser more than once. Jay is not a franchise QB.

Please disregard this post if you've already eaten your crow on Cutler. I may have missed it. :)

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 07:50 AM

You're right. The naysayers did beat their unreasoned hatred of McDaniels into the ground.

baja
10-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot

Hahaha I nearly soiled myself.

So Cal why are these two crackers not banned?

baja
10-28-2009, 08:08 AM

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 10-28-2009 at 07:45 AM..

Which part required your editing?

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Quote:

Because he has less sand in his vagina than he did back then? Or he has realised that banning HAT was a complete abuse of his mod powers and is feeling guilt and shame and not posting to embarrass Taco any more?

HAT
10-28-2009, 08:13 AM

Dude...that is so friggin' racist to croutons everywhere. BAN!!!

Beantown Bronco
10-28-2009, 08:16 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXjcf47y-zk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXjcf47y-zk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 10-28-2009 at 07:45 AM..

Which part required your editing?

A spelling mistake....I don't need to go back and edit things I have stated....but I am a stickler for spelling and punctuation issues.

baja
10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
A spelling mistake....I don't need to go back and edit things I have stated....but I am a stickler for spelling and punctuation issues.

LOL you must hate reading Spider's posts then. mine too for that madder.

SouthStndJunkie
10-28-2009, 10:53 AM
You'll eat some crow when you finally realize that Jay is just another average QB who won't bring you playoffs wins or a SB ring. I seem to recall you using that franchise tag for that loser more than once. Jay is not a franchise QB.

Please disregard this post if you've already eaten your crow on Cutler. I may have missed it. :)

I don't need to apologize or eat crow about Jay Cutler because you or anyone else tells me to. He plays for the Bears and not the Broncos.

I admitted that I was wrong about McDaniels a few times and that is enough.

Nobody is any more pleased about how the team is doing than I am....and I don't need a big old bus to prove my fan-hood to others.

McDaniels and company have impressed me and the future looks bright.

SouthStndJunkie
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
LOL you must hate reading Spider's posts then. mine too for that madder.

Indeed.

baja
10-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't need to apologize or eat crow about Jay Cutler because you or anyone else tells me to. He plays for the Bears and not the Broncos.

I admitted that I was wrong about McDaniels a few times and that is enough.

Nobody is any more pleased about how the team is doing than I am....<b>and I don't need a big old bus to prove my fan-hood to others.</b>

McDaniels and company have impressed me and the future looks bright.

http://aimhigh12.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/bra1.jpg

Oh you said bus never mind....

SouthStndJunkie
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM
http://aimhigh12.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/bra1.jpg

Oh you said bus never mind....

If I had a big old bust like that, I would be at home, playing with myself, and not posting here.

SureShot
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Quote:

Can I make it up to you with a taco?

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:13 PM

Sheesh, what a d!ck. This time I'm not kiddng, you should be ashamed of that.

OABB
10-28-2009, 12:15 PM

why? he's right.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 12:17 PM

You still seem to think I give a **** what you think James. Count yourself among the stupid, slow, and retarded that decided to bash all things Broncos this offseason without waiting at least to see what was put on the field.

Click on User CP in the top Menu.
On the left menu, scroll down to Edit Ignore List. Click that link.
In the box provided type in Rock Chalk. Click the Okay button.

Problem solved.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:22 PM
why? he's right.
"Right" is subjective.

But I was commenting on the form of his post, which was over the line imo. If he wants to do like Popps and use this place as a dumping ground to vomit up all the anger and frustration in his life, fine. But I don't have to like it. The tone of that post was childish, offensive and not something any of us should be proud of, especially toward somebody cool like gunns.

Just my opinion.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:24 PM
You still seem to think I give a **** what you think James. Count yourself among the stupid, slow, and retarded that decided to bash all things Broncos this offseason without waiting at least to see what was put on the field.

Click on User CP in the top Menu.
On the left menu, scroll down to Edit Ignore List. Click that link.
In the box provided type in Rock Chalk. Click the Okay button.

Problem solved.

You just made my point for me there, Mr Angry :thumbs:

Blueflame
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Why are the most well-intentioned of threads turning into total flamefests? What's wrong with Broncos fans that we appear incapable of just enjoying the success of our team without feeling the need to bash other members of the same fanbase?

SoCal is probably thinking now that he came back too early from his sabbatical the way this thread's headed....

OABB
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
"Right" is subjective.

But I was commenting on the form of his post, which was over the line imo. If he wants to do like Popps and use this place as a dumping ground to vomit up all the anger and frustration in his life, fine. But I don't have to like it. The tone of that post was childish, offensive and not something any of us should be proud of, especially toward somebody cool like gunns.

Just my opinion.

Dude, its Rock Chalk.....

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Why are the most well-intentioned of threads turning into total flamefests? What's wrong with Broncos fans that we appear incapable of just enjoying the success of our team without feeling the need to bash other members of the same fanbase?

SoCal is probably thinking now that he came back too early from his sabbatical the way this thread's headed....

My point exactly.

OABB
10-28-2009, 12:31 PM

As soon as your noses have been rubbed in the dirt to our satisfaction, it will all cease.

Every time you guys pretend like we are over the top for being angry in our responses after having to put up with endless babble and constant whining that you all put us through it makes me want to attack all the more.

just admit that you guys sucked a big one this offseason, and that you have learned from your mistakes, and that you won't react like jilted women every time something new happens.

It was you guys that made this board so terrible.

Eating Crow means that you eat crow! It doesn't mean all is forgiven.

You have to take it for as long as it takes.

It's called eating Crow, not birthday cake.

So suck it up, and enjoy your reeducation.

jhns
10-28-2009, 12:33 PM
People that actually get upset because others don't like something need to get off these boards and go find some friends. Just a suggestion. You could always just stay and heart attack out because I doubt you will find a subject everyone agrees on. So many people take forums far to serious. I don't even understand. Is this your only source for friends or what?

Also, the ones that have an opinion are the ones that make conversation possible. If everything was "let's just wait and see" with no speculation or stance, there wouldn't be a single conversation that goes more than 5 posts. Most of the fun of talking about football is the speculation. Anything can happen in this sport but that shouldn't stop people from expressing their opinions. Why are you here reading this crap if you don't like opinions? There are far better places to learn about football and get news if that is your answer.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
You still seem to think I give a **** what you think James. Count yourself among the stupid, slow, and retarded that
decided to bash all things Broncos this offseason without waiting at least to see what was put on the field.
Oh, and by the way Mr. Unresolved Anger ... you're wrong, yet again. I was one of the very first to say I loved the McD hire.

Want me to link to that, or will you just take my word and apologize now?

Rohirrim
10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Oh, and by the way Mr. Unresolved Anger ... you're wrong, yet again. I was one of the very first to say I loved the McD hire.

Where's my 100 bucks?

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
People that actually get upset because others don't like something need to get off these boards and go find some friends.
/thread.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Gross.

Bronx33
10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok everybody has gotten that out of their systems can we go back to what it was like in the olden days it was shyt like this that made socal leave in the first place crow has been served now lets move the **** on and enjoy our broncos.

welcome back socal.

OABB
10-28-2009, 12:43 PM
/thread.

I think he was talking about you. But, since you went all big bold font and stuff, I should cower in fear of your awesome HTML abilities.

jhns

If you complained about one thing, you bashed everything. You didn't know that is how it works? The best part is when people actually expect you to argue some stance that you never took because of this.

Blueflame
As soon as your noses have been rubbed in the dirt to our satisfaction, it will all cease.

Every time you guys pretend like we are over the top for being angry in our responses after having to put up with endless babble and constant whining that you all put us through it makes me want to attack all the more.

just admit that you guys sucked a big one this offseason, and that you have learned from your mistakes, and that you won't react like jilted women every time something new happens.

It was you guys that made this board so terrible.

Eating Crow means that you eat crow! It doesn't mean all is forgiven.

You have to take it for as long as it takes.

It's called eating Crow, not birthday cake.

So suck it up, and enjoy your reeducation.

Not happening. Sorry. I'm gonna enjoy the season regardless of anyone else's desire to "rub noses in the dirt".

OABB
Ok everybody has gotten that out of their systems can we go back to what it was like in the olden days it was shyt like this that made socal leave in the first place crow has been served now lets move the **** on and enjoy our broncos.

welcome back socal.

Only if he does the truffle shuffle.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Where's my 100 bucks?
Well, your anti-Jay comment was even before the draft (and tongue in cheek if I'm not mistaken) ... seems like a gray area. How about this ... we'll make a poll (bad idea for me, I'll lose), but we can quote the deal, then have options of 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100. You think I won't honor it, but I will.

Pretty surprising more of the blowhard 'Jay-hater-come-latelys' didn't take advantage of that offer :~ohyah!:

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 12:46 PM
/thread.

Stop being obtuse, buff. You know damn well that nobody had a problem with reasoned dissent. It the method of dissent that was the issue--endless whining and bitching about McDaniesl, and constant condescion towards those who did not share in their doom and gloom. To be fair, I don't really count you among those, but the posters who did contribute to that deserve to be called out on it. Save the "oh why can't we just enjoy the success of Broncos! pap. Those posters tried to sap the joy out of being a Bronco fan for months. They deserve to get called out on that.

SureShot
10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Why don't we all agree on a statute of limitations for this ****? Week 11? Once the Broncos clinch a playoff spot?

OABB
10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Not happening. Sorry. I'm gonna enjoy the season regardless of anyone else's desire to "rub noses in the dirt".

Good for you. oh and by the way you were totally totally out of control and wrong for like months...

I mean Bobo wrong...

I mean it was epic.

I thought you hated anything that had to do with the patriots....hmmm.

Well I'm glad you are enjoying the season...That's really really good to hear.

but just for the record, you were like way way way way way way wrong.

Lex wrong.

like IRaqi minister of defense wrong.

like the guy who had sex with the aids infested monkey for the first time wrong.

I would be really embarrassed, but than again, I have pride.

well. enjoy the season.

Rohirrim
10-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Well, your anti-Jay comment was even before the draft (and tongue in cheek if I'm not mistaken) ... seems like a gray area. How about this ... we'll make a poll (bad idea for me, I'll lose), but we can quote the deal, then have options of 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100. You think I won't honor it, but I will.

Pretty surprising more of the blowhard 'Jay-hater-come-latelys' didn't take advantage of that offer :~ohyah!:

Just promise me you won't come after me with the big letters. Yikes!

I never liked Jay. I liked his arm. Actually, in that draft I think I was high on Leinart. That worked out real well. Anyway, I'm just messing with ya. Give all the money to TJ.

OABB
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
like really really wrong.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 12:54 PM
If you complained about one thing, you bashed everything. You didn't know that is how it works? The best part is when people actually expect you to argue some stance that you never took because of this.

Exactly! Like the way Alec just spewed out his broad-spectrum anger toward me, without pausing to recall that I was all on board with Josh as the coach from Day 1. He wanted to project that opinion on me to make his tirade appear more justified. It's just lazy, and nothing more that the "you're either with us or against us" nonsense all over again :oyvey:

OABB
10-28-2009, 12:55 PM
like really really really REALLY wrong.

Blueflame
10-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Good for you. oh and by the way you were totally totally out of control and wrong for like months...

I mean Bobo wrong...

I mean it was epic.

Lex wrong.

like the guy who had sex with the aids infested monkey for the first time wrong.

well. enjoy the season.

Know what? I don't care. Being a human being means being fallible (capable of making mistakes/being wrong). It's not the first time... nor will it be the last... that I've been wrong about something. I make no apologies for it.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Why don't we all agree on a statute of limitations for this ****? Week 11? Once the Broncos clinch a playoff spot?

We've tried that so many times ... nobody can stick to it, including me.

And look at orangeandblueblooded in here ... is that the kind of person who would honor a cease-fire?

Actually, o&b-blooded was one of the loudest Josh-haters at first ... took him quite awhile to come around. But you don't see us (those of us who liked Josh the coach from the beginning), demanding he eat crow.

TheDave
10-28-2009, 01:07 PM

And give up the irony of watching people b**** and moan like jilted lovers about people who previously b****ed and moaned like jilted lovers...

Sorry, but that kind of stupid is just going to have to play itself out.

HAT
10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
What's wrong with Broncos fans that we appear incapable of just enjoying the success of our team........

Are you really enjoying it Blue? Like deep down enjoying it?

If so, great. But how is that possible for you when McD is a "Patriot"? (Your words, not mine).

He wears a hoodie, brought Gaff over, cut Leach for Paxton, kept Jordan and worst of all was mentored by the evil one himself! He was a part of an organization that "cheated"! The man has no respect for Denver Bronco tradition for god sakes. The "Patriot Way" sucks!

SureShot
10-28-2009, 01:18 PM
And give up the irony of watching people b**** and moan like jilted lovers about people who previously b****ed and moaned like jilted lovers...

Sorry, but that kind of stupid is just going to have to play itself out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ih6W19KTlZo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ih6W19KTlZo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 01:20 PM

If so, great. But how is that possible for you when McD is a "Patriot"? (Your words, not mine).

He wears a hoodie, brought Gaff over, cut Leach for Paxton, kept Jordan and worst of all was mentored by the evil one himself! He was a part of an organization that "cheated"! The man has no respect for Denver Bronco tradition for god sakes. The "Patriot Way" sucks!

Yeah, I don't buy for a second that she is getting as much pleasure out of this season as she claims. She made clear that one of her main beefs with McD was that he was a former Patriot, and she had no interest in success if it came via the Patriot system.

Blueflame
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM

Why does it matter to you what I think? I'm "just a female; hence the same as retarded"... an idiot, a moron, ignorant, deliberately obtuse" (all of these insults and far worse were aimed my direction during the offseason).

I have my thoughts but will keep them all to myself, thank you very much.

Blueflame
10-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I don't buy for a second that she is getting as much pleasure out of this season as she claims. She made clear that one of her main beefs with McD was that he was a former Patriot, and she had no interest in success if it came via the Patriot system.

And I don't care what you think, buy or believe. It doesn't matter anyway.

19Morton77
10-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Know what? I don't care. Being a human being means being fallible (capable of making mistakes/being wrong). It's not the first time... nor will it be the last... that I've been wrong about something. I make no apologies for it.

it isnt about being wrong. It was about being completely, over the top, annoying wrong. Your basis was completely irrational. You were plain nutso wrong.

Like Mock ,pre-PB days, nutso wrong.

I think it will haunt you on this board for awhile. I think hearing from you what makes McDaniels a great coach for this team can wipe away a ton of "disrespect" for you or your opinions. I just dont think you could ever do something like that because you think giving satisfaction to the masses would not be part of your personality to do so. You gave a ton of hate speech on McDaniels before the season, but dont want to come correct. Give us that at least. We read your opinion for many months, can we at least get some type of retraction?

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 01:32 PM
And I don't care what you think, buy or believe. It doesn't matter anyway.

You obviously do care. That is clear by the fact that you bother to respond as well as the clear tone of annoyance in your posts. You made clear that a big reason you didn't like McD was because he came from the Patriots, and that if he was going to use the methods he learned from the Patriots in order to be successful then you wouldn't like it. Well, he is taking the methods he learned with the Patriots and having success with it. You can pretend you are thrilled about it all you want, but you indicated otherwise all offseason long. Those of us who read your posts know better.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 01:46 PM
I think the distinction between correct and incorrect on one hand, and like and dislike on the other, is at the center of the schism around here.

Like SoCal, I went way overboard when Jay was traded. But it was emotional - I really loved the guy. It wasn't about "right or wrong" ... in fact even the day of the trade I thought it might work out pretty well if we could get good quarterback play somewhere. Rather it was about touchy-feely emotions ... Jay was kinda "tattooed" on my Broncos identity. Those who felt like me, about Jay or Mike or whomever, were UPSET ... but they were not necessarily predicting doom and gloom, and they were not "abandoning" the team. Despite this distinction, (or perhaps because of it), the blue-sky people (the angry ones anyway), used these "upset" feelings against those who expressed them, by (as jhns pointed out), projecting a "doom and gloom" and "Bronco-hater" mindset onto these people. This was done sometimes on purpose to build a justification to pour out some of their anger. Not unlike the McCarthy Un-American hearings actually ... this subject matter of course not nearly that important, but there are similarities.

When people say "you're wrong" about something you FEEL ... that "you're wrong" about what you LIKE and DON'T like, you shouldn't be surprised when your target turns hostile and defensive.

It's exactly like CSI: Miami ;D

BroncoInferno
10-28-2009, 01:48 PM
I think the distinction between correct and incorrect on one hand, and like and dislike on the other, is at the center of the schism around here.

Like SoCal, I went way overboard when Jay was traded. But it was emotional - I really loved the guy. It wasn't about "right or wrong" ... in fact even the day of the trade I thought it might work out pretty well if we could get good quarterback play somewhere. Rather it was about touchy-feely emotions ... Jay was kinda "tattooed" on my Broncos identity. Those who felt like me, about Jay or Mike or whomever, were UPSET ... but they were not necessarily predicting doom and gloom, and they were not "abandoning" the team. Despite this distinction, (or perhaps because of it), the blue-sky people (the angry ones anyway), used these "upset" feelings against those who expressed them, by (as jhns pointed out), projecting a "doom and gloom" and "Bronco-hater" mindset onto these people. This was done sometimes on purpose to build a justification to pour out some of their anger. Not unlike the McCarthy Un-American hearings actually ... this subject matter of course not nearly that important, but there are similarities.

When people say "you're wrong" about something you FEEL ... that "you're wrong" about what you LIKE and DON'T like, you shouldn't be surprised when your target turns hostile and defensive.

It's exactly like CSI: Miami ;D

But SoCal did predict doom and gloom. He said the franchise was set back a decade. How is that not doom and gloom?

HAT
10-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Why does it matter to you what I think? I'm "just a female; hence the same as retarded"... an idiot, a moron, ignorant, deliberately obtuse" (all of these insults and far worse were aimed my direction during the offseason).

You asked a general question...Why can't we as Broncos fans just enjoy the success so far? (paraphrasing).

That prompted me to ask if you, as a Bronco fan, are really enjoying it given the Head Coach's lineage?

Simple enough question IMO....Are you enjoying it or does it make you feel dirty to cheer for "The Patriot Way" ? :blueflame:bronxrox::moody:

HAT
10-28-2009, 02:02 PM
And OBTW...I never said you were "just a female" and I certainly never said you were retarded (idiotic, obtuse, etc.) I think you are confusing me with moose?

DomCasual
10-28-2009, 02:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ih6W19KTlZo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ih6W19KTlZo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watching this video has justified listening to all you whiny douchebags. Awesome!

HAT
10-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Claire Standish: I didn't mean it that way. You guys are putting words into my mouth.

John Bender: Well, if you'd just answer the question.

Brian Johnson: Why don't you just answer the question?

Andrew Clark: Be honest.

John Bender: No big deal.

Brian Johnson: Yeah answer it.

Andrew Clark: Answer the question, Claire.

John Bender: Talk to us.

Every one: C'mon, answer the question. Come on. Answer it.

John Bender: C'mon, it's easy. It's only one question.

Claire Standish: NO I AM NOT ENJOYING IT!!!

:~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
But SoCal did predict doom and gloom. He said the franchise was set back a decade. How is that not doom and gloom?

My points were more general actually ... and yes, he predicting some negative things, in the depths of his upset-"ness,"

Atwater His Ass
10-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Because that's what he thought. So did a lot of people. You people still think that those of us that predicted failure acutally wanted the team to fail. You are incapable of seperating the two.

It's a lot easier to sit on the fence and play the "wait and see" game and then where the cards fall, go over to that side and play the "i told you so game", then to actually man up and express an opinion about something.

OABB
10-28-2009, 03:45 PM

That's awesome Blue. I wish that I could take that kind of stand.

You see when I am so terribly terribly wrong (you know to the point where I should be embarrassed for being so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so wrong) I think that I would admit it at least, or even apologize for ruining everyones time.

LIke if I went to a party, got soooooooooo drunk that I vomited all over the hosts furniture, I would love to say "you know what, I puked, we all puke when we get ****-housed, this won't be the last time that I spew my vile stomach bile all over your precious personal items, and I refuse to make any apologies for it, I'm human"

I would love to than act angry and say "I can't believe that guy won't invite me over to his house anymore, we all love to party and we should all just enjoy it together, who cares if I sprayed stomach soup all over his coffee table, we should all just enjoy it, together."

God I wish I was as awesome as you....

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM
You people still think that those of us that predicted failure acutally wanted the team to fail. You are incapable of seperating the two.

Good post, but actually most of them ARE capable of separating the two. They choose not to, because lumping them together makes some of us "easy targets" to lash out against ... and they NEED to lash. It's a personal problem.

HAT
10-28-2009, 04:41 PM
You people still think that those of us that predicted failure acutally wanted the team to fail. You are incapable of seperating the two.

:wave:

Am I the only one that hopes he fails miserably? I do not like him and will take a 0-16 season to get his ass out of Denver.

I hope McDaniels does well enough to win one game, but that's it. 1-15.

I do not believe this guy will succeed long term. I'd much rather the team crash in 2009, Bowlen realize that, and fire him sooner rather than he win 6 games this year and be allowed to drive the franchise into the ground for the next 10 years.

It is like asking the question 'if I were a Lions fans, do I want Matt Millen to succeed?'. I KNOW he's a moron and the team will go nowhere with him, ever. I'd rather lose NOW, and get him out of town, than win a few games, just enough for the ownership to think things are on the right track.

gunns
10-28-2009, 04:51 PM

I mean Bobo wrong...

I mean it was epic.

Lex wrong.

well. enjoy the season.

Be embarrassed.

Broncomutt
10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Because that's what he thought. So did a lot of people. You people still think that those of us that predicted failure acutally wanted the team to fail. You are incapable of seperating the two.

It's a lot easier to sit on the fence and play the "wait and see" game and then where the cards fall, go over to that side and play the "i told you so game", then to actually man up and express an opinion about something.

The "sit on the fence" analogy fits you because it bails you out.

The truth is we are the "won't join your lynch mob, not at least until we see an actual game" group. Well that and the local sports store was out of pitchforks and rope.

Welcome back Ass. :wave:

gunns
10-28-2009, 04:53 PM

You see when I am so terribly terribly wrong (you know to the point where I should be embarrassed for being so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so wrong) I think that I would admit it at least, or even apologize for ruining everyones time.

LIke if I went to a party, got soooooooooo drunk that I vomited all over the hosts furniture, I would love to say "you know what, I puked, we all puke when we get ****-housed, this won't be the last time that I spew my vile stomach bile all over your precious personal items, and I refuse to make any apologies for it, I'm human"

I would love to than act angry and say "I can't believe that guy won't invite me over to his house anymore, we all love to party and we should all just enjoy it together, who cares if I sprayed stomach soup all over his coffee table, we should all just enjoy it, together."

We do too.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 05:06 PM

Dude, you're obsessed.

Leave it alone ... you've more than made your point.

HAT
10-28-2009, 05:07 PM
You people still think that those of us that predicted failure acutally wanted the team to fail.

Well, at least 22 of you did.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79530

It's too bad this question was never answered:

I wonder if TJ can see who votes what?

BlaK-Argentina
10-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Stupid discussion to say the least. What if Blue isn't enjoying McD's success? That's her problem. She says she is, so good for her.

Jeez, instead of trying to make other people enjoy the season or whatever, YOU enjoy the damn season and the success we're having!

19Morton77
10-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Be embarrassed.

i dont know what he has to be embarrassed about but she should be for making a complete fool of herself. You always seem to be around Gunns defending your flock especially BF. She came out of the woodshed finally so let her take it since she stuck out her neck so far or actually come back and respond to some of the unanswered questions. You are like a public spokesman(lady) telling us what we saw, we really didnt see and to spin it a completely different way. Where is Beantown to put in that movie clip from Meet the Parents when he is on the plane. This would be classic right about here.

lex
10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
i dont know what he has to be embarrassed about but she should be for making a complete fool of herself. You always seem to be around Gunns defending your flock especially BF. She came out of the woodshed finally so let her take it since she stuck out her neck so far or actually come back and respond to some of the unanswered questions. You are like a public spokesman(lady) telling us what we saw, we really didnt see and to spin it a completely different way. Where is Beantown to put in that movie clip from Meet the Parents when he is on the plane. This would be classic right about here.

What exactly does Blueflame have to answer for? Did she make a prediction? Or did she simply not like the idea of bringing in someone from the patriots? Unless she was lying about not liking the idea of bringing in a patriot, how was she wrong exactly?

Atwater His Ass
10-28-2009, 08:05 PM
The "sit on the fence" analogy fits you because it bails you out.

The truth is we are the "won't join your lynch mob, not at least until we see an actual game" group. Well that and the local sports store was out of pitchforks and rope.

Welcome back Ass. :wave:

I'm not looking for nor do I need a "bail out". I couldn't be happier that I was completely wrong about the success of this team this year. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that I was completely wrong about that and that my 4-12 prediction coulnd't be farther from the truth.

The only issue I have left is that I disagree with trading Cutler. McD has proven himself to be a great coach up to this point, and I think he really could have helped Cutler get to the next level. Considering our offense is just average at best, McD + Cutler could have been a very explosive combination for years to come.

And I never left.