PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts and Alot of Crow

Pages : 1 [2]

JCMElway
10-28-2009, 09:11 PM
He continues to throw some high risk passes, but he's looked pretty damn good more often than not. I wish he'd cut down on the risk taking, but it seems that's just part of the game. If you took the gunslinger element out of his game, while he'd have alot fewer picks, you'd also rob him of all the great plays. They go hand in hand. Just like Favre.

Which is probably the exact reason that Josh was looking for different options at QB. He wanted a QB who could make plays but also minimized risk. I think both teams got what they wanted out of the deal.

And welcome back Socal! It's not the Mane without you.

bombay
10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Good gawd.

BroncoInSkinland
10-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Be embarrassed.

We should all be embarrassed. 10 pages? And this is the best we can do to welcome back one of the most respected members of our community? No wonder 5,000 post+ people are leaving for other sites. God help any of us that are wrong at some point in our lives, because apparently no one else will. Good job all you self righteous SOB's, pat yourselves on the back now, and piss off.

I said it before, and I will say it again, welcome back SoCal. I for one am glad you are back, posting, part of the community, and rooting for the Broncos regardless of what some insecure douchebags who need to validate their opinions of themselves may say. Good job owning up to some bad calls. I had a rough time with it for a while as well, but now I love the new direction of the team. :thumbsup:

baja
10-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Sheesh, what a d!ck. This time I'm not kiddng, you should be ashamed of that.

Except for the part where he included gunns he is 100% right so how can he be a dick.

I know for you Biff the un- sugared truth is traumatic but it does not change the fact it is the truth. ;D

BroncoInSkinland
10-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Except for the part where he included gunns he is 100% right so how can he be a dick.

I know for you Biff the un- sugared truth is traumatic but it does not change the fact it is the truth. ;D

Doesn't change the fact that you are taking a dump on a guy you KNOW is a Broncos fan either. So which is more important, supporting your fellow Broncos fans, or being right?

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 09:41 PM

baja, you'd figure you'd be the first to want to hold the OM hands across america and heal the forum once and for all.

Be a Mexican, not a MexiCANT.

baja
10-28-2009, 09:53 PM
"Right" is subjective.

But I was commenting on the form of his post, which was over the line imo. If he wants to do like Popps and use this place as a dumping ground to vomit up all the anger and frustration in his life, fine. But I don't have to like it. The tone of that post was childish, offensive and not something any of us should be proud of, especially toward somebody cool like gunns.

Just my opinion.

I thought it was funny as hell but them I'm not much on political correctness. I'm from Maine and I like when people speak their mind.I find it refreshing.

And it's a bonus getting to point these things out to you.

baja
10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Why are the most well-intentioned of threads turning into total flamefests? What's wrong with Broncos fans that we appear incapable of just enjoying the success of our team without feeling the need to bash other members of the same fanbase?

SoCal is probably thinking now that he came back too early from his sabbatical the way this thread's headed....

I think his crow was disingenuous to a degree and he got off mildly no body called him out at all. Clearly no one has problem one with So Cal so why would it be too early. Blue you come up with some real head scratchers some times.

I mean good lord what time is the tea & crumpets served?

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Why doesn't SoCal abuse his mod powers and ban some folk and clean this thread up. Or Blue could get in on the act?

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:02 PM

One difference between you and me is that I'm smart enough to know which issues are OB-jective and which are SUB-jective. You obviously do not :(

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I think his crow was disingenuous to a degree and he got off mildly no body called him out at all. Clearly no one has problem one with So Cal so why would it be too early. Blue you come up with some real head scratchers some times.

I mean good lord what time is the tea & crumpets served?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2619745&postcount=68

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:04 PM

That's sad. In fact, there is no "except for the gunns part" part.

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
One difference between you and me is that I'm smart enough to know which issues are OB-jective and which are SUB-jective. You obviously do not :(

You come across as an arrogant douche though.

baja
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
As soon as your noses have been rubbed in the dirt to our satisfaction, it will all cease.

Every time you guys pretend like we are over the top for being angry in our responses after having to put up with endless babble and constant whining that you all put us through it makes me want to attack all the more.

just admit that you guys sucked a big one this offseason, and that you have learned from your mistakes, and that you won't react like jilted women every time something new happens.

It was you guys that made this board so terrible.

Eating Crow means that you eat crow! It doesn't mean all is forgiven.

You have to take it for as long as it takes.

It's called eating Crow, not birthday cake.

So suck it up, and enjoy your reeducation.

Rep.

Hell I'm still eating crow for Darius Watts on occasion. I get it it's cool

I agree with this poster in a more light hearted sort of a way. ;D

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
You come across as an arrogant douche though.

Probably, yes. But for me, I prefer arrogant to angry, hostile and insulting.

Lemme ask you RS: baja stated something was "truth," when in fact it was obviously opinion. How would you suggest I correct him?

TheReverend
What a mess...

If this hits 15 pages, it's getting hampster jacked.

baja
Oh, and by the way Mr. Unresolved Anger ... you're wrong, yet again. I was one of the very first to say I loved the McD hire.

Want me to link to that, or will you just take my word and apologize now?

I'd like to see a link please.

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Doesn't Taco still get crap for Griese? Or hating Plummer? WHy do we stop giving Blue and SoCal crap about Cutler or McDaniels? Because they are sensitive mods?

Or ladies?

:angel:

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:10 PM
I'd like to see a link please.

Wanna bet first? Got the stones for that?

baja
10-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Where's my 100 bucks?

I'm a witness. ;D

TheDave
10-28-2009, 10:13 PM
What a mess...

Why wait?

http://www.dailypets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/hamster1.jpg

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:13 PM

Lemme ask you RS: baja stated something was "truth," when in fact it was obviously opinion. How would you suggest I correct him?

Really, a discussion of "truth" vs "opinion"?

Are you trying to get this thread to 100 pages?

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Why wait?

Because right now the maturity level makes me feel right at home.

http://i34.tinypic.com/23lmlio.jpg

SureShot
10-28-2009, 10:16 PM
What a mess...

I say why wait?

This thread is annoying.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2dnt4y.gif

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:17 PM

According to Webster’s (2005), an opinion is “a belief not based on absolute certainty or positive knowledge but on what seems true, valid, or probable in one’s own mind.” On the other hand, according to Webster’s, a fact is “the state of things that are; reality; actuality; truth.”

So how can someone differentiate between opinion and fact? Although it seems this would be simple, it isn’t, mainly because politicians, church leaders, writers, newscasters, talk-radio personalities, and even parents and friends often appear to be stating a fact when they are instead stating an opinion, which is a personal belief that is emotional, biased, and often totally unfounded. (Chaffee, 2000)

To complicate matters, when people express their opinions, they rarely, if ever, identify these as personal beliefs because they want other people to accept these personal beliefs as facts, not opinions.
Each Truth Is Relevant in Its Time

Some people argue that one can know something is true and, therefore, not an opinion, if it is supported by credible reasons and evidence. The problem with this argument, according to Joseph Campbell, noted philosopher and author of such esteemed works as The Power of Myth, is that each truth is relevant in its own time. (Guerin, 1992)

What Campbell means is that what is accepted as fact and, therefore, truth can change because the reasons and evidence offered in support of that fact have changed, and when reasons and evidence cease to be valid, they lose their credibility. As a result, what was once true becomes untrue.

Read more: http://philosophy.suite101.com/article.cfm/what_is_truth#ixzz0VILo7efm

Oh, and...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-hamster-kiss-glass.jpg

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/funny-dog-pictures-hamster-dares-cat-to-come-get-him.jpg

http://www.myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/ban-hamster.jpg

Rock Chalk
I dont know Rev, I got some awesome reps from this thread.

Maybe I should throw a couple more grenades.

Buff seems to think im an angry fellow, yet he met me and admitted I am nothing of the sort. Im quite a jolly fellow, though not fat so Im unlike Santa Clause, and I dont give out presents, especially to non-Christians as they shouldn't be celebrating a Christian holiday since Christmas is about Christ hence the word Christ in Christmas.

I just like to throw grenades, its fun. The most hilarious part is most people think I am going to read their replies as if they are important or something. Buff is particularly funny because he tends to send me a rep on a post hoping that I will come back and read his reply when I never do. I'd put Buff on ignore because he is mostly an idiot and never has any real football knowledge to offer but its pointless because he is probably the singularly most quoted tampon on this site.

Oh, and it depends on how many posts per page you have set for it to reach x number of pages. If you have it set at 20 posts per page, it is likely already at 15, or 14 at the least. Mine is at 40 per page so there for only at 7 pages deep.

Here is truth: Denver is undefeated and people need to have their doom and gloom shoved in their face for AT LEAST as long as they shoved their doom and gloom down the rest of our throats during the offseason.

So get used to it girls and boys, you got a lot more of it coming.

TheDave

Now that's sayin' something Hilarious!

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Alec lol ...you're angry on here, but jolly in person.

True.

Like most Internet tough guys.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Now that's sayin' something Hilarious!

Yeah I thought about putting that several different ways, but that one seemed to be the most universally appealing.

baja
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Not happening. Sorry. I'm gonna enjoy the season regardless of anyone else's desire to "rub noses in the dirt".

I always thought a fair amount of good natured ribbing was how it works.

I't kind a the way of things in the football fandom message board world so I thought. Maybe it's pretty please this and awe shucks that, if that is how it's supposed to work let me know.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 10:21 PM
LOL Alec ...you're angry on here, buy jolly in person.

True.

Well, you are a moron on here and a moron in person, so at least you're consistent :)

Im not angry. You assume Im angry because I throw insults? 9 times out of 10 Im laughing at you. Not with you, at you. How would that make me angry?

Im quite happy bashing you. I find it amusing.

You think Im angry because you have nothing. Nothing but your continually wrong opinions. You are bordering or Taco legendary status with your wrong opinions.

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Well, you are a moron on here and a moron in person, so at least you're consistent :)

Im not angry. You assume Im angry because I throw insults? 9 times out of 10 Im laughing at you. Not with you, at you. How would that make me angry?

You think Im angry because you have nothing. Nothing but your continually wrong opinions. You are bordering or Taco legendary status with your wrong opinions.

No! Chris Simms is our best QB!

baja
10-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Why don't we all agree on a statute of limitations for this ****? Week 11? Once the Broncos clinch a playoff spot?

Week 11, 2015 good, done.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Here is truth: Denver is undefeated and people need to have their doom and gloom shoved in their face for AT LEAST as long as they shoved their doom and gloom down the rest of our throats during the offseason.

So get used to it girls and boys, you got a lot more of it coming.

The rest was fun to read but way too long to respond to.

This part: Eh. Could shove numerous posts in your face where you trashed McDaniels because all New England assistants were miserable failures elsewhere. But who cares? When he got here, you liked what he did, and supported the team, and it's all good.

I didn't like a lot of what he did, but supported the team, and now we're winning, and it's all good.

Wrong at different spots on different things.

People are more than welcome to shove being wrong in my face, because I simply don't care and depending on beverage type, may get a good-hearted "**** you".

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:26 PM

Yet again you make my point for me.

Yeah Alec, keep trying to convince yourself you don't read my posts, or don't care what anybody thinks. If that were really true, you wouldn't take the time to type it out.

And you say you insult "just for fun." Dude, it's more than that! All your ****ing **** strips the place of class, and breeds an environment of hostility.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:27 PM

Yeah Alec, keep trying to convince yourself you don't read my posts, or don't care what anybody thinks. If that were really true, you wouldn't take the time to type it out.

And you say you insult "just for fun." Dude, it's more than that! All your ****ing **** strips the place of class, and breeds an environment of hostility.

Not getting involved / 10

...but I respond to a lot of people I genuinely could care less about or don't care what they think if I'm bored or want to toy with them.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 10:30 PM

This part: Eh. Could shove numerous posts in your face where you trashed McDaniels because all New England assistants were miserable failures elsewhere. But who cares? When he got here, you liked what he did, and supported the team, and it's all good.

By all means. I'll eat my crow on it like a man. I didn't want McDaniels and have never claimed differently. The moment the Cutler thing happened I fell in love with McD. Because I also make no bones about never, EVER liking Cutler and wanting him off the team. His arm was awesome, but his attitude sucked ass and I knew that was not a winner. Choker in college, choker in the pros, choker in life.

I didn't like a lot of what he did, but supported the team, and now we're winning, and it's all good.

People are more than welcome to shove being wrong in my face, because I simply don't care and depending on beverage type, may get a good-hearted "**** you".
I dont shove it in your face Rev or haven't you noticed? You are too much like me. What good is it going to do when you dont give a ****?

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Seriously, why is everyone ok with SoCal banning someone for a sexist remark, one of hundreds on here everyday that JUST HAPPENED to occur during his meltdown that he has just returned from? Yet the many sexist remarks, plus semi-racist remarks that are subjected to many posters are not bannable?

Abusing mod powers is ok, is that what we are supposed to assume?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-27744509796426_2070_5061319

SureShot
10-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Not getting involved / 10

...but I respond to a lot of people I genuinely could care less about or don't care what they think if I'm bored or want to toy with them.

Haha oh wait.

http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php/i432_shockeyshocked.gif

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Alec lol ...you're angry on here, but jolly in person.

True.

http://www.motivationalz.com/pictures/internet_tough_guys.jpg

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Wanna bet first? Got the stones for that?

Guess you don't have the stones there baja.

Okay, post #3, a day or two after he was hired: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76088

I'll wait for your apology.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:34 PM
I dont know Rev, I got some awesome reps from this thread.

I say you're lying.

Take a screenshot, redact the usernames and post here. You got 5 minutes.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 10:34 PM

It is not more than that but hey, keep telling yourself that.

I didn't strip this place of class, mock did that before I ever even got here.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.motivationalz.com/pictures/internet_tough_guys.jpg

I'll happily cop to being the least tough guy on the Mane.

That kid in the pic could kick my ass ROFL!

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Seriously, why is everyone ok with SoCal banning someone for a sexist remark, one of hundreds on here everyday that JUST HAPPENED to occur during his meltdown that he has just returned from? Yet the many sexist remarks, plus semi-racist remarks that are subjected to many posters are not bannable?

You're really taking up a crusade for a completely unjust cause, here. It was wrong and should've been banned, imo. One night drunk I think I said something on a similar level to gunns. It was like 4 am, and she was thick-skinned about it and didn't report it, so no mod saw it, but honestly, I would've completely understood if I got banned for a while for it. Feel bad to this day over it, and think it was about McD so she was right in the end anyways Ha!

Regardless, if I were SoCal I would've banned HAT just for being such a douchebag in general.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I didn't strip this place of class, mock did that before I ever even got here.

Now THAT'S funny too ....nice to see this thread turn genuinely funny.

Later guys

/out

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I dont shove it in your face Rev or haven't you noticed? You are too much like me. What good is it going to do when you dont give a ****?

I know, and I agree.

A smarter, more athletic, significantly better looking and classier version, but I agree.

lex

No one was wrong for not blindly accepting McDaniels because they were under no obligation to do so. McDaniels was never entitled to blind acceptance. It was his job to earn support. A lot of this still goes back to this issue.

Dagmar
You're really taking up a crusade for a completely unjust cause, here. It was wrong and should've been banned, imo. One night drunk I think I said something on a similar level to gunns. It was like 4 am, and she was thick-skinned about it and didn't report it, so no mod saw it, but honestly, I would've completely understood if I got banned for a while for it. Feel bad to this day over it, and think it was about McD so she was right in the end anyways Ha!

Regardless, if I were SoCal I would've banned HAT just for being such a douchebag in general.

ok.... homosexual.

(I am guessing from those photos you posted)

:twokisses

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I say you're lying.

Take a screenshot, redact the usernames and post here. You got 5 minutes.

I got 5 minutes to what? Care?

SureShot
10-28-2009, 10:39 PM
ok.... Homosexual.

(i am guessing from those photos you posted)

burn!

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:40 PM
ok.... homosexual.

(I am guessing from those photos you posted)

ok..... homosexual

(I am guessing from those skirts you wear)

http://i44.tinypic.com/200chaq.gif

tsiguy96
10-28-2009, 10:40 PM
dont think people understand. maybe if the doom and gloomers didnt spend every waking minute telling people who wanted to see the team how stupid they were, how bad this team will be and why there is no hope, this wouldnt be such an issue. why do you think so many of us are still bitter? you spent all summer calling us moron homer koolaid drinkers for agreeing with anything. you didnt just "question" moves or predict a bad record, several people who supported mcdaniels predicted bad records because of new systems, our supposed lack of talent on defense etc. they took it to another level and made sure everyone knew that mcdaniels destroyed this team and anyone who supported him was an idiot.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
I know, and I agree.

A smarter, more athletic, significantly better looking and classier version, but I agree.

More athletic? Maybe.

Smarter? Doubtful.

Better looking? Depends on who you ask.

Classier? WHo gives as hit. I make more money.

Dagmar
ok..... homosexual

(I am guessing from those skirts you wear)

http://i44.tinypic.com/200chaq.gif

SoCal!!!!!!! Save me!!!!!!

TheReverend
dont think people understand. maybe if the doom and gloomers didnt spend every waking minute telling people who wanted to see the team how stupid they were, how bad this team will be and why there is no hope, this wouldnt be such an issue. why do you think so many of us are still bitter? you spent all summer calling us moron homer koolaid drinkers for agreeing with anything. you didnt just "question" moves or predict a bad record, several people who supported mcdaniels predicted bad records because of new systems, our supposed lack of talent on defense etc. they took it to another level and made sure everyone knew that mcdaniels destroyed this team and anyone who supported him was an idiot.

Eh, I just knocked you for being spineless and having your opinion dictated by the FO.

BroncoInSkinland
10-28-2009, 10:45 PM

If a cop pulls you over and you tell him "All the other cars were going 85 just like me", you are going to get a ticket for going 85. If you aren't prepared to be banned for sexist or semi-racist remarks, the solution is simple, don't make them. I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I am ok with SoCal "banning someone for a sexist remark" is because that someone made a sexist remark.

The error in your logic is that sexist/semi-racist remarks are not bannable. They are, just sometimes posters get away with them, just like sometimes you get away with speeding, sometimes you don't. Is it a perfect system? No. But overall they do a pretty good job. I have been on the wrong side of a ban hammer on this forum, and to this day I don't even know why I got a ban. I suck it up, continue to post, and generally have a good time doing it. The day I don't have a good time doing it is the day I will leave.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:45 PM
More athletic? Maybe.

Smarter? Doubtful.

Smarter is a lock. :)

"Depends on who you ask"... your mother might have your back :wiggle:

Make more money is a lock right now (unemployed for my move coming on Monday) and probably will be when I'm in Jax as long as we're only talking personally earned income and not actual wealth from coming from rich families... You "new money" peasants disgust me :)

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:47 PM
SoCal!!!!!!! Save me!!!!!!

Oh please, no chance in hell you genuinely think that's on par with referring to the female sex as "retarded".

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:48 PM
If a cop pulls you over and you tell him "All the other cars were going 85 just like me", you are going to get a ticket for going 85. If you aren't prepared to be banned for sexist or semi-racist remarks, the solution is simple, don't make them. I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I am ok with SoCal "banning someone for a sexist remark" is because that someone made a sexist remark.

The error in your logic is that sexist/semi-racist remarks are not bannable. They are, just sometimes posters get away with them, just like sometimes you get away with speeding, sometimes you don't. Is it a perfect system? No. But overall they do a pretty good job. I have been on the wrong side of a ban hammer on this forum, and to this day I don't even know why I got a ban. I suck it up, continue to post, and generally have a good time doing it. The day I don't have a good time doing it is the day I will leave.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

lex
10-28-2009, 10:48 PM

...and thats why you're such a champion!

HAT
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
A) It was wrong and should've been banned, imo.

B) Regardless, if I were SoCal I would've banned HAT just for being such a douchebag in general.

A) Your missing the point Rev....Moose or whoever was outright calling her a ruh-tard....I merely (jokingly) said "close".

B) That's sexist!!!

:wiggle:

tsiguy96
10-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Eh, I just knocked you for being spineless and having your opinion dictated by the FO.

it wasnt, i was always of the opinion i liked what i saw and completely understand rationale, but wanted to see teh team play. like i said several times in the offseason, if you see the team on the field and they suck, flame away at mcdaniels.

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
A) Your missing the point Rev....Moose or whoever was outright calling her a ruh-tard....I merely (jokingly) said "close".

B) That's sexist!!!

I know. Calling someone a "retard" as an insult is ok. Calling someone "female" as an insult, is not. All coincidently during SoCals meltdown.

http://healium.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/hmmm1.jpg

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM

B) That's sexist!!!

Hey, I never read it. Just saying if that's what happened, it was deserved. It's definitely something I could've done, but I would've accepted the consequences for sure.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 10:54 PM
it wasnt, i was always of the opinion i liked what i saw and completely understand rationale, but wanted to see teh team play. like i said several times in the offseason, if you see the team on the field and they suck, flame away at mcdaniels.

Eh, I'm talking about your voting flip-flop in the Shanahan voting for no reason, nothing else.

lex
10-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Eh, I'm talking about your voting flip-flop in the Shanahan voting for no reason, nothing else.

I forgot about that. The fat girlfriend episode was a good time too.

HAT
10-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh please, no chance in hell you genuinely think that's on par with referring to the female sex as "retarded".

Again....I never referred to anyone as retarded. If someone tried to tell me that the Patriots had a perfect record 2 years ago and my comment back was..."close, 18-1" Is that me calling the Patriots perfect?

Regardless....I could give a **** about the ban itself. So I had to ghost for a month. No biggie.

And it wasn't the double standard either b/c the cop anology used earlier kinda works.

My only problem with it from day one was that it was post count related. I was mostly a lurker at the time....The bottom line is if I had 5 digit post count OR been a Cutler/Shanny widow. That ban does not happen.

Besides, there's better things to talk about in this thread....Like weather or not blue is enjoying the season.

baja
10-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Because that's what he thought. So did a lot of people. You people still think that those of us that predicted failure acutally wanted the team to fail. You are incapable of seperating the two.

It's a lot easier to sit on the fence and play the "wait and see" game and then where the cards fall, go over to that side and play the "i told you so game", then to actually man up and express an opinion about something.

I liked every off season move, true some took a little thinking about but I came around quickly to liking all the moves (except Quinn / just never understood it) and I was not the only one. You seem to think there were only two groups at issue here, fence sitters and haters, truth is there was and is a substantial group that mostly liked the off season moves from the get go!.

lex
10-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Again....I never referred to anyone as retarded. If someone tried to tell me that the Patriots had a perfect record 2 years ago and my comment back was..."close, 18-1" Is that me calling the Patriots perfect?

Regardless....I could give a **** about the ban itself. So I had to ghost for a month. No biggie.

And it wasn't the double standard either b/c the cop anology used earlier kinda works.

My only problem with it from day one was that it was post count related. I was mostly a lurker at the time....The bottom line is if I had 5 digit post count OR been a Cutler/Shanny widow. That ban does not happen.

Besides, there's better things to talk about in this thread....Like weather or not blue is enjoying the season.

Do you mean "like the weather and blue is not enjoying the season." Or do you mean, "like whether or not blue is enjoying the season."?

HAT
10-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Do you mean "like the weather and blue is not enjoying the season." Or do you mean, "like whether or not blue is enjoying the season."?

Wow, lex, wow....Spelling smack?

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 11:04 PM

I understand exactly what you're saying, but I couldn't disagree more.

SoCal and I go way back here and generally also happen to have very similar views on many of the team's issues and players (DJ Williams and Ian Gold aside). We've also gotten along well since my day 1.

Anyways, I've gotten several warning PMs from him in the past about things that haven't even broken the rules and despite our long-standing internet relationship, I don't think he'd hesitate to ban me at all.

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.deeppencil.com/images/online-dating-poster1.jpg

lex
10-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I liked every off season move, true some took a little thinking about but I came around quickly to liking all the moves (except Quinn / just never understood it) and I was not the only one. You seem to think there were only two groups at issue here, fence sitters and haters, truth is there was and is a substantial group that mostly liked the off season moves from the get go!.

Yeah, I was the same way. There were several moves where I was like, "huh?" But then through mental gymnastics I was able to tailor my opinion to be accepting of everything. I was definitely on board with trying to get Cassel and get rid of Cutler but I was then even more on board with the 180 of McDaniels holding up Cutler's jersey and appealing to him through the media. Again, two polar opposite moves but both made sense because Im awesome at tailoring my opinion into accepting what Im spoonfed.

lex
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Wow, lex, wow....Spelling smack?

Its not as lame as your last 5 pages of "poor me" diatribe.

baja
10-28-2009, 11:08 PM
baja, you'd figure you'd be the first to want to hold the OM hands across america and heal the forum once and for all.

Be a Mexican, not a MexiCANT.

Where's the fun in that???

tsiguy96
10-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I was the same way. There were several moves where I was like, "huh?" But then through mental gymnastics I was able to tailor my opinion to be accepting of everything. I was definitely on board with trying to get Cassel and get rid of Cutler but I was then even more on board with the 180 of McDaniels holding up Cutler's jersey and appealing to him through the media. Again, two polar opposite moves but both made sense because Im awesome at tailoring my opinion into accepting what Im spoonfed.

except the guy who spoonfed it is 6-0, while you still have essentially zero knowledge of NFL playcalling, positional teaching or GM duties.

Dagmar
10-28-2009, 11:10 PM
http://www.keepaa.com/images/anon/2009/200902/20090227/94d089512b3d56ebf924b943e8a268f2.jpg

lex
10-28-2009, 11:11 PM
except the guy who spoonfed it is 6-0, while you still have essentially zero knowledge of NFL playcalling, positional teaching or GM duties.

The guy who spoonfed it? So was it McDaniels spoonfeeding the spin when the team was told to not be excited for Marshall after he won his court case...or was that George Bush Lite?

tsiguy96
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
The guy who spoonfed it? So was it McDaniels spoonfeeding the spin when the team was told to not be excited for Marshall after he won his court case...or was that George Bush Lite?

or was it mcdaniels apologizing to marshall because a junior level PR guy said that? or is mcdaniels the guy who is 6-0 and getting non stop praise from essentially every player on the team? you might be confused

baja
10-28-2009, 11:15 PM

Go get the post you are talking about and we will see it his facts are correct or incorrect.

BTW How about that link to the post saying you were a supporter od McD early on.

HAT
10-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Anyways, I've gotten several warning PMs from him in the past .

And there ya go.

High post count, past relationship, on the same side of the fence of all the changes in 2009 = Warning.

Low post count, mostly lurker, on the opposite side of said fence = Ban.

Onward!

lex
10-28-2009, 11:20 PM
or was it mcdaniels apologizing to marshall because a junior level PR guy said that? or is mcdaniels the guy who is 6-0 and getting non stop praise from essentially every player on the team? you might be confused

I was the one asking you. You just seem rather selective on who you attribute what to. And along those lines, seeing you answer with a question (a nonanswer) is not at all surprising.

And we all know Denver is 6-0 but that doesnt change the fact that at one point in time McDaniels was trying to get Cassel/get rid of Jay and over the next month he was holding up Cutler's jersey and pandering to bring him back into the fold.

And whats also funny is how many here now go into the schadenfreude threads and talk up McDaniels being all about getting rid of Jay. I guess its easy to forget about a month of seeing McDaniels holding up his jersey and pandering to him through the media and say McDaniels was all about getting rid of Cutler.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 11:22 PM
And there ya go.

High post count, past relationship, on the same side of the fence of all the changes in 2009 = Warning.

Low post count, mostly lurker, on the opposite side of said fence = Ban.

Onward!

No, no, no... You missed a key component, I said none of it was outside the rules. I genuinely think that had I said what you said, he would've banned me the same.

baja
10-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave
Why wait?

http://i34.tinypic.com/23lmlio.jpg

LOL Well if I spewed out all the crap you two did I'd try and play the aloof card too.

Don't think I don't know if the table was turned we would be getting a boat load of call out especially from you two. But I get it you're now too mature for all this. LMAOROTF.

Human nature is a crack up. ;D

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 11:28 PM
LOL Well if I spewed out all the crap you two did I'd try and play the aloof card too.

Don't think I don't know if the table was turned we would be getting a boat load of call out especially from you two. But I get it you're now too mature for all this. LMAOROTF.

Human nature is a crack up. ;D

Who's playing aloof? TheDave and I have both had crow threads, acknowledged everything great Josh is doing and that he now has earned his benefit of the doubt.

Also, I never said I was above it. I just really don't mind or care if anyone wants to throw anything in my face.

baja
10-28-2009, 11:34 PM

Assignment; write a mission statement as to what constitutes a classy message board.

TheReverend
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Assignment; write a mission statement as to what constitutes a classy message board.

Done.

"My presence"

baja
10-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Guess you don't have the stones there baja.

Okay, post #3, a day or two after he was hired: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76088

I'll wait for your apology.

Why are you working so hard to get me to think you are a schmuck.

"Stones to bet" LOL

HAT
10-28-2009, 11:48 PM
No, no, no... You missed a key component, I said none of it was outside the rules.

No, I got that part....I just don't think that a 2 word post.....99.99% of 2 word posts, are either.

baja
10-28-2009, 11:58 PM

Very funny

Were those the horrid deeds that set the franchise back 10 years?

McD looked real thrilled holding up that Jersey didn't he. Personally I thought he looked like he was going to puke.

Blueflame
10-29-2009, 03:15 AM
it isnt about being wrong. It was about being completely, over the top, annoying wrong. Your basis was completely irrational. You were plain nutso wrong.

Like Mock ,pre-PB days, nutso wrong.

I think it will haunt you on this board for awhile. I think hearing from you what makes McDaniels a great coach for this team can wipe away a ton of "disrespect" for you or your opinions. I just dont think you could ever do something like that because you think giving satisfaction to the masses would not be part of your personality to do so. You gave a ton of hate speech on McDaniels before the season, but dont want to come correct. Give us that at least. We read your opinion for many months, can we at least get some type of retraction?

Yeah, that worked so well for SoCal... no one's bashing him anymore at all now that he's tried to extend the olive branch, right? Oh wait.... nevermind.

Cito Pelon
10-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Doesn't change the fact that you are taking a dump on a guy you KNOW is a Broncos fan either. So which is more important, supporting your fellow Broncos fans, or being right?

Well, myself I ended up putting many, many of the ultra-negative posters on ignore. Because it wasn't rational criticism. It was rabid, hysterical, foaming at the mouth diatribes.

I've seen many of the "just relax and see how it turns out" crowd say they've been chastising the negative posters so they don't irrationally and emotionally go off the deep end again.

It's a good lesson to learn, and in fact are being done a favor by those chastising them.

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah, that worked so well for SoCal... no one's bashing him anymore at all now that he's tried to extend the olive branch, right? Oh wait.... nevermind.

Riiiight. You mean the giant essay where he praised Cutler, bashed Orton for only being successful because of a system and admitted begrudgingly that McDaniels has been successful but only "so far".

Even females ( :-* ) could see he wrote it through gritted teeth.

BroncoInSkinland
10-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, myself I ended up putting many, many of the ultra-negative posters on ignore. Because it wasn't rational criticism. It was rabid, hysterical, foaming at the mouth diatribes.

I've seen many of the "just relax and see how it turns out" crowd say they've been chastising the negative posters so they don't irrationally and emotionally go off the deep end again.

It's a good lesson to learn, and in fact are being done a favor by those chastising them.

The guy came back and admitted he was wrong. He, like many others was stating his opinion during the preseason of what was going on with the team. Since then, like all of us, he has watched and, I am sure, enjoyed seeing the Broncos win games. The crowd wanting to lynch him now because of his takes during the off season are far worse than those they are complaining about.

Even if it was "rabid, hysterical, foaming at the mouth diatribes" they were directed, for the most part, at the team, not at fellow posters and fans. All off-season I kept hearing how winning would cure everything, now we are wining, and some of it is healing, but some people want to keep ripping open the wound. As for the concern regarding his character, I doubt that such compassion drives the majority of posters stance on this issue, and even if it does, I would say thanks, but don't do me any favors.

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Why are you working so hard to get me to think you are a schmuck.

"Stones to bet" LOL
You can just send me a check.

Now say something insulting that you'll follow up with a rep saying, "Just kidding ya Buff" :~ohyah!:

baja
10-29-2009, 09:08 AM
You can just send me a check.

Now say something insulting that you'll follow up with a rep saying, "Just kidding ya Buff" :~ohyah!:

Never saw a poster drop in credibility quite as fast as you Biff.

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 09:16 AM

Let me tell you about this guy called SoCal...

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 09:17 AM

"Just joshin ya Buff"

Or maybe I should post all your reps, saying "you're perfect mod material" ROFL!

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 09:21 AM
More athletic? Maybe.

Smarter? Doubtful.

Well, the Rev's definitely not a "dish it out but can't take it" child like yourself. You're one of those kids everybody hated in grade school, insulting and calling everybody names, probably mirroring what you heard at home.

Since I started giving you back the hostility you spew out, you've folded up like a cheap lawn chair. Alec, you are the classic guy who dishes it out but just.can't.take.it.period.

Dude, people giving you crap doesn't mean they don't like you. I like you quite a lot actually, despite this thread and even if you have me on "ignore," I'll keep chatting with you on FB all day, you're cool. But don't spew out all this crap at others and then act offended when you get it back.

Rohirrim
10-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Well, the Rev's definitely not a "dish it out but can't take it" child like yourself. You're one of those kids everybody hated in grade school, insulting and calling everybody names, probably mirroring what you heard at home.

Since I started giving you back the hostility you spew out, you've folded up like a cheap lawn chair. Alec, you are the classic guy who dishes it out but just.can't.take.it.period.

Dude, people giving you crap doesn't mean they don't like you. I like you quite a lot actually, despite this thread and even if you have me on "ignore," I'll keep chatting with you on FB all day, you're cool. But don't spew out all this crap at others and then act offended when you get it back.

This may come as a surprise, but what I have noticed through this whole thing is that you are one of the chief "goaders" on the site. You are almost constantly shoving the shiv into people you disagree with while at the same time pretending to "be above it all." It's getting old.

baja
10-29-2009, 09:29 AM
"Just joshin ya Buff"

Or maybe I should post all your reps, saying "you're perfect mod material" ROFL!

Yes I think you should it would be better than looking for board creditability through innuendo and implied statements

I have been trying to coach you back to respectability but you seem hell bent on self destruction credibility wise. You should take a hint of what I speak from Rock Chalk, through all his acidity there is good perception.

I used to think you were such a good poster that I looked for your takes but now not so much. I don't know if it is a case of given enough exposure time a guy will eventually show his true personality or you just changed. Which is it? What is the reason for your fall from the good takes ranks? ;D

baja
10-29-2009, 09:33 AM

Deep down you know you are a jerk don't ya Biff. The more you post the more of us are realizing that too.

i have been trying to save you from exposing yourself but you are relentless. ;D

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 09:36 AM
This may come as a surprise, but what I have noticed through this whole thing is that you are one of the chief "goaders" on the site. You are almost constantly shoving the shiv into people you disagree with while at the same time pretending to "be above it all." It's getting old.

Really? More than Alec? I'll cop to being an "arrogant p***", like Rusty said, but no way I'm even one-tenth as insulting as Alec.

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 09:43 AM
You are almost constantly shoving the shiv into people you disagree with while at the same time pretending to "be above it all." It's getting old.

There's a distinction there, one I've always stressed: What I consider being "above it all" is more an argument on style, about guys who says things like "cum-guzzler" and "butt buddies" and "ass rape" ... and all the ****ing **** stuff.

I'm definitely above all that (this post excepted). If you like that stuff, fine. But I don't, and I'm not gonna pretend it's funny nor give a pass to those who throw out that crap.

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Really? More than Alec? I'll cop to being an "arrogant p***", like Rusty said, but no way I'm even one-tenth as insulting as Alec.

I said douche I think, I don't even know what p*** could mean!

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I said douche I think, I don't even know what p*** could mean!

LOL ... ends in 'ck', I'll cop to either one.

Baja that's funny ... if you really think so little of me, then why do you follow me around this site like Lassie after Timmy?

TonyR
10-29-2009, 09:50 AM

He doesn't pretend to be above it all.

You take middle of the road positions, or positions on both sides of the fence, but constantly side with and defend the offseason bashers/haters/chicken littles. I'm not exactly sure what the latter means but from where I sit it appears to betray your true beliefs. I think along with a lot of the negative offseason crowd you're struggling with how wrong you were in the offseason, how bad you look in hindsight, and how to spin it so you don't look so bad. The more crafty among the crowd have deftly changed their tunes and "fit in". They're hiding in plain sight. They're not constantly defending themselves and trying futile counter-offensives but instead just go about their business and now mostly look like they've been on the bandwagon all along. I'm not sure which is "worse", but I know who's got better PR people!

lex
10-29-2009, 09:51 AM

Baja that's funny ... if you really think so little of me, then why do you follow me around this site like Lassie after Timmy?

I thought I was the only one that had that. TonyR, OBB, all fall in that category but probably the best example is TailgateOVary who claims to have me on ignore yet somehow manages to post immediately after me A LOT.

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 09:54 AM
BTW How about that link to the post saying you were a supporter od McD early on.
Should I pm you my address?

lex
10-29-2009, 09:54 AM
He doesn't pretend to be above it all.

You take middle of the road positions, or positions on both sides of the fence, but constantly side with and defend the offseason bashers/haters/chicken littles. I'm not exactly sure what the latter means but from where I sit it appears to betray your true beliefs. I think along with a lot of the negative offseason crowd you're struggling with how wrong you were in the offseason, how bad you look in hindsight, and how to spin it so you don't look so bad. The more crafty among the crowd have deftly changed their tunes and "fit in". They're hiding in plain sight. They're not constantly defending themselves and trying futile counter-offensives but instead just go about their business and now mostly look like they've been on the bandwagon all along. I'm not sure which is "worse", but I know who's got better PR people!

Sorry but the term "chicken littel" is rendered meaningless by the number of people who were apologizing for losing in advance. You cant have it both ways. You cant speak in terms of going 4-12 and then throw it in someones face later for doing the same thing just because you tried to spin 4-12 as a positive.

BroncoInferno
10-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Sorry but the term "chicken littel" is rendered meaningless by the number of people who were apologizing for losing in advance. You cant have it both ways. You cant speak in terms of going 4-12 and then throw it in someones face later for doing the same thing just because you tried to spin 4-12 as a positive.

You keep saying this as if it describes everyone who was positive about the changes. I predicted 10-6 and the playoffs. I probably could have accepted 8-8, but anything less than that would have been a disappointment to me. Stop painting everyone with the same broad brush.

TonyR
10-29-2009, 09:59 AM

You keep selling this pathetic argument but nobody's buying. You either need a new ad campaign or, better yet, a new product.

Dagmar

p rick has 5 letters buddy!

Dagmar
Should I pm you my address?

Why keep it secret? Show the world!!

lex
10-29-2009, 10:20 AM
You keep selling this pathetic argument but nobody's buying. You either need a new ad campaign or, better yet, a new product.

Its not surprising that no one is buying it considering its more convenient for them to ignore it, which is more of the same. Theres a lot of subjectivity going on when guys like you try to build your arguments, lassie.

For example, Blueflame said she didnt like McDaniels on the basis that he was a patriot. I dont recall her making a prediction. Unless she was lying about not liking McDaniels, how exactly was she wrong? I asked this before and no one answered. Again, probably because its more convenient to overlook something like this and run with a flawed argument that she was somehow wrong for saying something negative that some people could discern as subjective preference.

Again, I dont recall blueflame making a prediction. Unless she did, there is nothing per se that she was wrong about the she needs to answer to, as some here have asked for.

In the end, a lot of the calling out is being done by people who are talking out of their ass and who are not able to discern being negative from being wrong. Youre a perfect example of this. You tried throwing out the word rudderless but when you were asked to do so, you couldnt reconcile what was going on in a meaningful way to prove that the team didnt lack direction in January. You simply couldnt do it then just like you cant do it now. But this doesnt stop you from popping off, which again ties back to how you like to follow people around and talk out of your ass.

If you want to see another example of people like you talking out of their ass, go check out all the Cutler schadenfreude threads. There are countless posts that run with the idea that McDaniels was dead set on getting rid of Cutler. But they obviously somehow have forgotten the existence of countless photos of Josh holding up Jay's jersey and trying to reach out to Jay through the media. Sorry, but holding up Jay's jersey and reaching out to him through the media doesnt really reconcile with being all about getting rid of him.

It actually suggests that it was more about bringing in Matt Cassel. But there is a camp of people who will say that KC overpaid for Cassel and that it might have been a mistake.

According to a large element of people, McDaniels was dead set on getting rid of Cutler and his liabilities. This can not be reconciled with what actually happened. Also, those same people would try get behind the idea that McDaniels is never wrong but at the same time, theyll try to say Cassel (the same guy McDaniels wanted) was a mistake for KC.

Theres a whole lot of talking and not a lot of making sense going on. Like I said, there are a lot of people like you who are presently talking out of their ass and not a lot of reconciliation going on to back it up.

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 10:24 AM
You take middle of the road positions, or positions on both sides of the fence, but constantly side with and defend the offseason bashers/haters/chicken littles
I definitely do that, but it's more of a personality thing. I'm a big defender of the "underdog" at all times and in all aspects of life. When somebody is getting hammered on, my reflex is to help. I've defended Bob, gaffney, mock (the old mock) and most of the "downtrodden" :~ohyah!:

I think along with a lot of the negative offseason crowd you're struggling with how wrong you were in the offseason, how bad you look in hindsight, and how to spin it so you don't look so bad. The more crafty among the crowd have deftly changed their tunes and "fit in"

from where I sit it appears to betray your true beliefs
I'm not sure how this narrative has entered the mainstream, but it's wrong:

1) I predicted the same record as most of the "blue sky" crowd, between 6 and 9 wins.
2) I've never complained about the Josh hire, never. In fact I loved it (baja where's that check?)
3) 99% of my complaining - way over the top complaining, lots of which I'm not proud of - was about Cutler. And what I perceived as Josh the GM's handling of Jay. I like the guy too much to just start hating him on a dime. And I can't follow the "cool crowd" to laugh when he throws a pick. Yes, he was an immature baby - I've always said that. He's an immature player, too. But I like him ... I'm not "changing my tune" on that, and I won't "betray that belief." I like him and hope he grows up and does well. Starting next year.

So I don't think I'm "changing my tune," or "betraying my true beliefs." Quite the opposite.

Along those lines, I still think Goodman is responsible for the best drafts in franchise history, and much of this excellent roster of talent. One year ago, EVERYONE thought that. But now that he's gone, THEY'VE changed their tunes, they've betrayed their principles by pretending otherwise.

Rock Chalk
10-29-2009, 10:48 AM

Im not sure what you mean by can't take it.

I get bashed all the time.

bpc and crash will neg rep bomb me but you will not see me return the favor. Does that sound like someone that cant take it?

If I give it out and I get it back, I will give it back out again. I can take whatever you or anyone else decides to throw at me. Like most people here, I draw the absolute line in teh sand when it comes to talking about family however. I have been upset exactly one time on this message board, when whatever douche it was wished my daughters to be raped by Mexicans.

Outside of that, say what you will about me, to me or whatever. It does not phase me one bit. I don't get upset at the words of feeble minded, cantankerous old codgers like yourself.

Further more, that's a great attempt at pseudo psychology you have there but here's the deal. In grade school, all 6 of the schools I went to, I was one of the most popular kids in class. I was well liked, and had a fruitful, fun childhood.

You claim you have been dishing it out, but I have yet to see one logical post from you. Ever. You haven't dished out much but nonsensical madness which makes sense since you are one of the dumbest people I have ever encountered in my life.

Concerning facebook, you say you chat with me and think I am cool or whatever, yet on facebook when you send me a message it is an insulting one every single time. Do I whine at you about that? no. In fact, I give it right back, further proof that you once again - do you see a pattern here - are wrong that I cannot take "it".

gunns
10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Well, at least 22 of you did.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79530

It's too bad this question was never answered:

Dude, you seriously need to get a life and probably lay off the board/internet for awhile. This pseudo life as a board detective/egomaniac is getting old for the rest of us. You may think you are embarrassing others but damn dude, you should be the one that is embarrassed.

SureShot
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Can we change the title to "Some thoughts and ALOT of Drama"?

gunns
10-29-2009, 10:55 AM

You too.

Rock Chalk
10-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Can we change the title to "Some thoughts and ALOT of Drama"?

Well **** man, we'd have to change every thread title :)

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Im not sure what you mean by can't take it.

I get bashed all the time.

bpc and crash will neg rep bomb me but you will not see me return the favor. Does that sound like someone that cant take it?

If I give it out and I get it back, I will give it back out again. I can take whatever you or anyone else decides to throw at me. Like most people here, I draw the absolute line in teh sand when it comes to talking about family however. I have been upset exactly one time on this message board, when whatever douche it was wished my daughters to be raped by Mexicans.

Outside of that, say what you will about me, to me or whatever. It does not phase me one bit. I don't get upset at the words of feeble minded, cantankerous old codgers like yourself.

Further more, that's a great attempt at pseudo psychology you have there but here's the deal. In grade school, all 6 of the schools I went to, I was one of the most popular kids in class. I was well liked, and had a fruitful, fun childhood.

You claim you have been dishing it out, but I have yet to see one logical post from you. Ever. You haven't dished out much but nonsensical madness which makes sense since you are one of the dumbest people I have ever encountered in my life.

Concerning facebook, you say you chat with me and think I am cool or whatever, yet on facebook when you send me a message it is an insulting one every single time. Do I whine at you about that? no. In fact, I give it right back, further proof that you once again - do you see a pattern here - are wrong that I cannot take "it".

Holy crap dude. What the **** is wrong with people?!?!

And you guys are facebook friends! That's awesome. :egbgb::egbgb:

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM

Maybe make it like the Mc... thing. All threads have to automaticall have "...and A LOT of drama" at the end! :thumbs:

chex
10-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Its not surprising that no one is buying it considering its more convenient for them to ignore it, which is more of the same. Theres a lot of subjectivity going on when guys like you try to build your arguments, lassie.

For example, Blueflame said she didnt like McDaniels on the basis that he was a patriot. I dont recall her making a prediction. Unless she was lying about not liking McDaniels, how exactly was she wrong? I asked this before and no one answered. Again, probably because its more convenient to overlook something like this and run with a flawed argument that she was somehow wrong for saying something negative that some people could discern as subjective preference.

Again, I dont recall blueflame making a prediction. Unless she did, there is nothing per se that she was wrong about the she needs to answer to, as some here have asked for.

In the end, a lot of the calling out is being done by people who are talking out of their ass and who are not able to discern being negative from being wrong. Youre a perfect example of this. You tried throwing out the word rudderless but when you were asked to do so, you couldnt reconcile what was going on in a meaningful way to prove that the team didnt lack direction in January. You simply couldnt do it then just like you cant do it now. But this doesnt stop you from popping off, which again ties back to how you like to follow people around and talk out of your ass.

If you want to see another example of people like you talking out of their ass, go check out all the Cutler schadenfreude threads. There are countless posts that run with the idea that McDaniels was dead set on getting rid of Cutler. But they obviously somehow have forgotten the existence of countless photos of Josh holding up Jay's jersey and trying to reach out to Jay through the media. Sorry, but holding up Jay's jersey and reaching out to him through the media doesnt really reconcile with being all about getting rid of him.

It actually suggests that it was more about bringing in Matt Cassel. But there is a camp of people who will say that KC overpaid for Cassel and that it might have been a mistake.

According to a large element of people, McDaniels was dead set on getting rid of Cutler and his liabilities. This can not be reconciled with what actually happened. Also, those same people would try get behind the idea that McDaniels is never wrong but at the same time, theyll try to say Cassel (the same guy McDaniels wanted) was a mistake for KC.

Theres a whole lot of talking and not a lot of making sense going on. Like I said, there are a lot of people like you who are presently talking out of their ass and not a lot of reconciliation going on to back it up.

So what is the difference between blind acceptance and blind hatred?

Remember all the cute sigs and avis implying the turn-for-the worse moves we made? Upside down or shattered logos? That's not making a statement? Making a predicition is more than just saying how many wins we'll have. Coming out as definitively as people did saying the franchise was dead because of the offseason moves is as much a prediction as wins and losses.

The tact now being taken by the preachers is they were wrong, but not wrong for being wrong. It's all spin and semantics at this point.

But please, tell us how liking or even being ambivalent to the changes was blind acceptance, whereas the hatred being spewed for months wasn't blind hatred.

gunns
10-29-2009, 11:05 AM

Remember all the cute sigs and avis implying the turn-for-the worse moves we made? Upside down or shattered logos? That's not making a statement? Making a predicition is more than just saying how many wins we'll have. Coming out as definitively as people did saying the franchise was dead because of the offseason moves is as much a prediction as wins and losses.

The tact now being taken by the preachers is they were wrong, but not wrong for being wrong. It's all spin and semantics at this point.

But please, tell us how liking or even being ambivalent to the changes was blind acceptance, whereas the hatred being spewed for months wasn't blind hatred.

Why ask the question if you were going to answer it? And limit yourself to one paragraph next time because until I got to the last paragraph I thought it was a description of babble or rambling. Oh BTW, you are perfect. Proceed.

lex
10-29-2009, 11:05 AM

subjective preference

HAT
10-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Dude, you seriously need to get a life and probably lay off the board/internet for awhile. This pseudo life as a board detective/egomaniac is getting old for the rest of us. You may think you are embarrassing others but damn dude, you should be the one that is embarrassed.

Riiiiight....I can see how my 700 posts since 2002 would make you think that I'm a post-whoring egomaniac. Especially to someone with 8 times the posts I have in the same time frame.

And besides....My post that you quoted with the link has nothing to do with being a "board detective" (whatever the **** that is?)

It was a direct response to refute a false claim. Somebody said that even the doubters did not want to see McD or the Broncos fail. I hit the search button for a few minutes and posted links to show that wasn't the case.

That's a problem for you how exactly?

baja
10-29-2009, 11:10 AM

I don't know. I'm trying to get help for it though.

TonyR
10-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I predicted the same record as most of the "blue sky" crowd, between 6 and 9 wins.

You and lex, among others, keep using this record prediction as some type of justification but you're both missing the point and it's a major flaw in your position. My issue has never been with predictions. My issue has been with the manner and volume of the negativity spewed during the offseason. Please stop bringing up the win/loss predictions because that's never been my argument.

Buff, you generally were not among those being overly negative. But your constant defending of those people makes you guilty by association. Like I said in my previous post, the people who look the best right now are those who've admitted they were off base in the offseason and have stopped trying to defend themselves and justify their wrongheadedness. That or you can do what lex is doing and post long, self delusional posts trying in vain to explain how the people who weren't bashing the organization, its owner and new coach, and declaring doom all offseason are the ones who are/were wrong.

TonyR
10-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Why ask the question if you were going to answer it? And limit yourself to one paragraph next time because until I got to the last paragraph I thought it was a description of babble or rambling. Oh BTW, you are perfect. Proceed.

I notice your location is "in denial". Fitting.

HAT
10-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Dude, you seriously need to get a life and probably lay off the board/internet for awhile. .

* Total Posts: 722
* Posts Per Day: 0.29
* Find all posts by HAT
* Find all threads started by HAT

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w19/figmentPez/Old%20Motivators/DoubleFacepalmMotivator.jpg

Hercules Rockefeller
10-29-2009, 11:15 AM

Says the person who still cannot get over the 2002 draft.

Ed Reeeeeeeeeedddddddd!!!!!

TheReverend
10-29-2009, 11:16 AM
16 page threads should belong to something like this:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4I9IWr-5Xs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4I9IWr-5Xs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

lex
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
You and lex, among others, keep using this record prediction as some type of justification but you're both missing the point and it's a major flaw in your position. My issue has never been with predictions. My issue has been with the manner and volume of the negativity spewed during the offseason. Please stop bringing up the win/loss predictions because that's never been my argument.

Buff, you generally were not among those being overly negative. But your constant defending of those people makes you guilty by association. Like I said in my previous post, the people who look the best right now are those who've admitted they were off base in the offseason and have stopped trying to defend themselves and justify their wrongheadedness. That or you can do what lex is doing and post long, self delusional posts trying in vain to explain how the people who weren't bashing the organization, its owner and new coach, and declaring doom all offseason are the ones who are/were wrong.

Trust me, youve been called out for more than just also predicting a bad record. Previously, you (collectively and specifically) were called out as being in the "jay cutler sucks" crowd even though youre patron saint, Josh McDaniels, spent several weeks in the offseason parading Jays jersey around and reaching out to him through the media. But again, Im just reiterating what I know youve seen before and are choosing to ignore.

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I've insulted you on FB? I don't think so. Unless you think when I say "you weiner" in a chat box, that I'm insulting you.

And what do you mean you "give it right back"? You honestly think you're somehow on the defensive here? You are ALWAYS on offense ... compared to you, I don't even know what an insult is. I've never called you "stupid," a "moron," "nonsensical," "the dumbest poster ever," "ignorant," or "idiot." WHen did those words stop being defined as insults? You pretend they're not, but they are (far more of insults than saying you seem like you were the mean kid in grade school). And you've thrown these insults at me literally hundreds of times. And I've thrown them at you, like, never. Still, I like you. But you are definitley a dish-it-out-but can't-take-it guy.

DomCasual
10-29-2009, 11:24 AM
It's a little ridiculous that this thread is still going. Last I checked, it was on page 11, or something.

gunns
10-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Riiiiight....I can see how my 700 posts since 2002 would make you think that I'm a post-whoring egomaniac. Especially to someone with 8 times the posts I have in the same time frame.

And besides....My post that you quoted with the link has nothing to do with being a "board detective" (whatever the **** that is?)

It was a direct response to refute a false claim. Somebody said that even the doubters did not want to see McD or the Broncos fail. I hit the search button for a few minutes and posted links to show that wasn't the case.

That's a problem for you how exactly?

I didn't say you were a post-whoring egomaniac. Just simply an egomaniac. You figured out what a board detective was just by your statements. Making sure you prove everyone wrong let's do some research because the fact the team is winning just aint good enough. Pound your chest Tarzan, what a man!

gunns
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Says the person who still cannot get over the 2002 draft.

Ed Reeeeeeeeeedddddddd!!!!!

I'm over it.

Brian Daaaaaaaaaawkins

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 11:30 AM
* Find all posts by HAT

Good comeback, nice zinger.

But she's still right.

2KBack
10-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I didn't say you were a post-whoring egomaniac. Just simply an egomaniac. You figured out what a board detective was just by your statements. Making sure you prove everyone wrong let's do some research because the fact the team is winning just aint good enough. Pound your chest Tarzan, what a man!

I can't say if you were one of the oens that were proven wrong by a little board research, because i don't pay enough attention. I do find it interesting though that the people who make statements that are then proven to be wrong are very abusive towards the "board detectives" that do the proving.

Make false claims and you should be prepared to have someone call you on them. It's not the fault of the person doing the calling.

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 11:34 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/veuij8.jpg

Rohirrim
10-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't know. I'm trying to get help for it though.

Tell him you just got used to the biscuits.

HAT
10-29-2009, 11:35 AM

I don't know why you are personalizing this but I'll just say that there is a big difference between trying to "prove someone wrong" and stating that something that was said is simply not true or factual.

Rohirrim
10-29-2009, 11:36 AM
It's a little ridiculous that this thread is still going. Last I checked, it was on page 11, or something.

Well, work is just boring compared to this. ;D

TonyR
10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Trust me, youve been called out for more than just also predicting a bad record. Previously, you (collectively and specifically) were called out as being in the "jay cutler sucks" crowd even though youre patron saint, Josh McDaniels, spent several weeks in the offseason parading Jays jersey around and reaching out to him through the media. But again, Im just reiterating what I know youve seen before and are choosing to ignore.

You're clearly flustered to the point of incoherence.

I admittedly thought a record in the 6-10 to 8-8 territory was possible. But unlike you I didn't take an idiotic stand that the organization was "rudderless" and doomed. I didn't choose to bash the owner and new coach at every turn and presume the worst possible outcome was a forgone conclusion. You did. No matter how you spin it.

I don't think Jay Cutler "sucks" but I do dislike him, root against him, and rip him. I also enjoy seeing people like you get a rise out of the Cutler bashing. It's very silly to be so defensive about, and supportive of, a former Bronco.

And the part I bolded above suggest you don't like Josh McDaniels. I do and make no apologies for it. I've rooted for him to succeed from day 1 and will continue to do so.

Rohirrim
10-29-2009, 11:37 AM

Looks like the leather sectional was behind door number three.

HAT
10-29-2009, 11:38 AM

:thanku:

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 11:39 AM

I dunno, I'm kinda liking this ... after Roh's post on top, I've been thinking about the imponderables:

"What's the difference between an insult and just an aggressive style?"

"what's the difference between self-confidence and ass****ish-ness?"

I'm not even kidding.

gunns
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
* Find all posts by HAT

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w19/figmentPez/Old%20Motivators/DoubleFacepalmMotivator.jpg

I should have known you wouldn't get it. DOH!

lex
10-29-2009, 12:00 PM

Not at all. BTW, Im still waiting for you to reconcile what you were asked to.

I admittedly thought a record in the 6-10 to 8-8 territory was possible. But unlike you I didn't take an idiotic stand that the organization was "rudderless" and doomed. I didn't choose to bash the owner and new coach at every turn and presume the worst possible outcome was a forgone conclusion. You did. No matter how you spin it.

No spin. Reconcile what I asked you to, which is there in black and white and a large component of it is something Ive posted numerous times. It should be easy for you to find Bowlens transcript. Good luck trying to reconcile that and making the case that the team had direction in January.

I don't think Jay Cutler "sucks" but I do dislike him, root against him, and rip him. I also enjoy seeing people like you get a rise out of the Cutler bashing. It's very silly to be so defensive about, and supportive of, a former Bronco.

Awesome double talk in the works here. You make a thread about Orton outperforming Cutler, yet its all about Orton being better than Cutler and not Cutler sucking? No amount of schadenfreude there? Please, and to think you actually invoked the word 'incoherant'. Theres no way you can sell that without double talk, which is to say, there's no way you can sell this idea.
And the part I bolded above suggest you don't like Josh McDaniels. I do and make no apologies for it. I've rooted for him to succeed from day 1 and will continue to do so.

Funny. Some people were and are more pro Broncos than they are pro McDaniels. Ill reiiterate something that raised the ire of people like "apoligize in advance" types all offseason: McDaniels had a lot to prove. And, likewise, I stand by that. You guys were cringing and dreading getting off to a bad start because you knew it was a real possibility, which is why you resorted to the double talk and speaking in terms of going 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10. You felt you had to get in front of it because you knew/believed it was a possibility. But in the process of doing that, you undid yourselves with double talk. You cant have it both ways.

In bold.

gunns
10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
I don't know why you are personalizing this but I'll just say that there is a big difference between trying to "prove someone wrong" and stating that something that was said is simply not true or factual.

If you had just stated it, I wouldn't have said what I said. Researching for past posts = proving someone wrong. Believe it or not, most of us have lived through the past year on this board. We know how some felt. I'm sure when Atwaterhisass said that he was referring to the majority of people who were in opposition, himself included. Unfortunately, he's not a board detective, but you are, you proved him wrong.

Rohirrim
10-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I dunno, I'm kinda liking this ... after Roh's post on top, I've been thinking about the imponderables:

I'm not even kidding.

Follow me, young padawan. For the way is narrow and fraught with danger.

We accept all donations through Paypal. ;D

baja
10-29-2009, 12:11 PM

I'm not even kidding.

the viewer

SureShot
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM

So can you have that done by the end of the day? Thanks.

TonyR
10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
No spin. Reconcile what I asked you to, which is there in black and white and a large component of it is something Ive posted numerous times. It should be easy for you to find Bowlens transcript. Good luck trying to reconcile that and making the case that the team had direction in January.

I get it. You think the team was "rudderless" because Bowlen's actions sometimes contradicted his words. What you don't know, however, is whether or not this was intentional. Also, you're trying to spin that you only thought the team had a problem in January when your posts from February through August clearly show you thought the team was doomed beyond January. Just admit it and let's move on. You were very wrong. Takes a man to admit it sometimes.

Awesome double talk in the works here. You make a thread about Orton outperforming Cutler, yet its all about Orton being better than Cutler and not Cutler sucking? No amount of schadenfreude there? Please, and to think you actually invoked the word 'incoherant'. Theres no way you can sell that without double talk, which is to say, there's no way you can sell this idea.

Where's the "double talk"? I posted an article someone else wrote on a topic people love to discuss. Even if I do think Orton is better than Cutler that doesn't mean I think Cutler "sucks". You're wrong again.

Funny. Some people were and are more pro Broncos than they are pro McDaniels. Ill reiiterate something that raised the ire of people like "apoligize in advance" types all offseason: McDaniels had a lot to prove. And, likewise, I stand by that. You guys were cringing and dreading getting off to a bad start because you knew it was a real possibility, which is why you resorted to the double talk and speaking in terms of going 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10. You felt you had to get in front of it because you knew/believed it was a possibility. But in the process of doing that, you undid yourselves with double talk. You cant have it both ways.

Give me a break, this is such a weak and silly argument and you know it. Of course McD had a lot to prove. I was willing to give him a chance to prove it, you weren't. You declared him doomed from the word go. And I can have it both ways. I can support the guy and at the same time think it's possible the team will struggle in the first year of a rebuild with a tough schedule.

I thought the team was headed in the right direction and was willing to give the new administration a chance to prove it, while allowing the possibility this year would be a struggle. You, on the other hand, thought the organization was doomed, weren't willing to give them a chance since they had already failed, and predetermined that it was going to be a struggle while at the same time demanding instant success.

You were the one who had an upside down Broncos logo as your avatar. You were the one who had cute comments in your avatar which were condemnations of Pat Bowlen. You were the one who was negative about almost everything the organization did in the offseason.

lex, to put it as succinctly as possible, you were wrong. Are you man enough to admit it?

My responses are bolded above.

Popps
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM

I admittedly thought a record in the 6-10 to 8-8 territory was possible. But unlike you I didn't take an idiotic stand that the organization was "rudderless" and doomed..

Oh, he did worse than that. He demanded that the coach be fired before coaching a single game.

As I've said, some people have gracefully admitted that they were off-base. (Like the creator of this thread... after an absence.)

Others are just going to try to find new ways to spin their behavior.

The whole "you didn't predict 6-0 so you must have hated the team as much as me" angle is the bull**** argument du juor being proffered by the numb-skulls around here.

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
the viewer
There are empirical truths in this world, not everything is subjective.

If everything were subjective, then all the haters would be eunuchs.

baja
10-29-2009, 01:39 PM
<b>There are empirical truths</b> in this world, not everything is subjective.

If everything were subjective, then all the haters would be eunuchs.

Explain miracles.

TheDave
10-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Explain miracles.

a colorful attempt to explain a statistical anomaly... :welcome:

bronco militia
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Explain miracles.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/1029/20091029_011508_bronx4_300.jpg

HAT
10-29-2009, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=gunns;2623021]If you had just stated it, I wouldn't have said what I said. Researching for past posts = proving someone wrong. Believe it or not, most of us have lived through the past year on this board. We know how some felt. I'm sure when Atwaterhisass said that he was referring to the majority of people who were in opposition, himself included. Unfortunately, he's not a board detective, but you are, you proved him wrong.[/QUOTE

Ay, ya, ya....

So let me get this straight......

Stating that something that somebody said is inaccurate, even if that is just my own speculation, opinion or recollection= OK by you.

Stating that something that somebody said is inaccurate and then following it up with a link or a quote to show how I came to the conclusion that the original statement is in fact inaccurate = gets your panties in a bunch and makes me an 'egomaniac' & 'board detective'

Gotcha.

I didn't realize using the search function was such a crime in your eyes.

http://fc.bullis.org/~john_Portlock/FOV2-0001DED1/S01043F80.0/detective%2839%29.gif Hilarious!

lex
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
My responses are bolded above.

Originally Posted by lex

I get it. You think the team was "rudderless" because Bowlen's actions sometimes contradicted his words. What you don't know, however, is whether or not this was intentional. Also, you're trying to spin that you only thought the team had a problem in January when your posts from February through August clearly show you thought the team was doomed beyond January. Just admit it and let's move on. You were very wrong. Takes a man to admit it sometimes.

Im still waiting for you to reconcile what was said with what actually happened especially considering that a month later Goodman was gone. Again, go look at the transcript and check out what was said with what actually happened. I keep asking you to do it but you keep avoiding it because you know its there in black and white and delving into it. Its obvious why youve resorted to tapdancing.

Where's the "double talk"? I posted an article someone else wrote on a topic people love to discuss. Even if I do think Orton is better than Cutler that doesn't mean I think Cutler "sucks". You're wrong again.

Sure. So, youve made no rebuttal posts in threads where people were defending/praising Jay? Im not buying it dude. Youre too much of an "all in" guy.

Give me a break, this is such a weak and silly argument and you know it. Of course McD had a lot to prove. I was willing to give him a chance to prove it, you weren't. You declared him doomed from the word go. And I can have it both ways. I can support the guy and at the same time think it's possible the team will struggle in the first year of a rebuild with a tough schedule.

Its not silly at all. Your own words have put you on the hook and now youre trying to downplay it. Its not going to work. Ill continue throwing this in your face all day as long as theres going to be this kind of back and forth. So, you better get used to it. Some people see 4-12 as a reason for a coach to get fired. You think 4-12 is a reason to love him more.

Again, you cant have it both ways.

I thought the team was headed in the right direction and was willing to give the new administration a chance to prove it, while allowing the possibility this year would be a struggle. You, on the other hand, thought the organization was doomed, weren't willing to give them a chance since they had already failed, and predetermined that it was going to be a struggle while at the same time demanding instant success.

Once again, more double talk. Youve already admitted believing the team migh go 4-12, yet Im the one who believed the organization was doomed? LOL. Where did I predict 4-12? Go ahead, find it. And try to reconcile Bowlens press conference to what actually happened while your at it.

You were the one who had an upside down Broncos logo as your avatar. You were the one who had cute comments in your avatar which were condemnations of Pat Bowlen. You were the one who was negative about almost everything the organization did in the offseason.

Yeah, Im not the kind of guy who sees Bowlen as Father Bronco. Im not the kind that is apt blindly follow. People like that (like you) end up wearing robes and withouth their genitals.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/applewhite.jpg

lex, to put it as succinctly as possible, you were wrong. Are you man enough to admit it?

Who predicted 4-12?

underlined

lex
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh, he did worse than that. He demanded that the coach be fired before coaching a single game.

As I've said, some people have gracefully admitted that they were off-base. (Like the creator of this thread... after an absence.)

Others are just going to try to find new ways to spin their behavior.

The whole "you didn't predict 6-0 so you must have hated the team as much as me" angle is the bull**** argument du juor being proffered by the numb-skulls around here.

Like I just told Tony, you're the one who predicted 4-12. For me, 4-12 is grounds for being fired. For you, thats a reason to love the coach even more. Some people will follow others because theyll believe cutting off their genitals and boarding a comet will take them to heaven. Unlike you, Im not so apt to believe in people without making them prove themselves.

TonyR
10-29-2009, 05:47 PM
lex, regarding your post above (#413), please show everyone where I predicted the Broncos would go 4-12. When you have such evidence then perhaps your ridiculous post will have at least a shred of credibility. Until then, we'll run with the assumption that the post is just part of your ongoing, failing attempt to obfuscate anyone other than yourself.

Further, I've now stated multiple times that predictions aren't the issue. And yet you cling to them like a fat girl to her box of donuts. Please show some ability to follow along and comprehend, it's getting very old.

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
a colorful attempt to explain a statistical anomaly... :welcome:

Wow ... concise and spot on.

Here's my take ... if there exists an entity capable of making miracles happen, s/he is far too conservative in using that power.

lex
10-29-2009, 06:09 PM
lex, regarding your post above (#413), please show everyone where I predicted the Broncos would go 4-12. When you have such evidence then perhaps your ridiculous post will have at least a shred of credibility. Until then, we'll run with the assumption that the post is just part of your ongoing, failing attempt to obfuscate anyone other than yourself.

Further, I've now stated multiple times that predictions aren't the issue. And yet you cling to them like a fat girl to her box of donuts. Please show some ability to follow along and comprehend, it's getting very old.

You said 5-11 or 6-10, no? Others in your camp said 4-12. I toggle back and forth between you specifically and you collectively. Besides, its kind of silly to form a rebuttal based on a distinction of 4-12 and 5-11. LOL

Further, you can say what you want. Im not buying what youre selling so youre simply going to have to put up with being called to the carpet on stuff youd like to be dismissive about.

BTW, multiple times Ive requested you to reconcile what Pat said with what actually happened. Im still waiting on that.

TonyR
10-29-2009, 06:34 PM
You said 5-11 or 6-10, no?

BTW, multiple times Ive requested you to reconcile what Pat said with what actually happened. Im still waiting on that.

I said 6-10 to 8-8 wouldn't surprise me. I also explained why this isn't relevant to the discussion. You're trying to make it relevant in an attempt to change the argument. It's not going to work.

I also responded to your second inquiry. You don't read well, do you? Frankly I don't care what Mr. Bowlen said compared to what he did. It's his team and he can do what he wants. And since it's hard to argue with the results of his decisions this offseason what is there to discuss?

DomCasual
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3151/2549700994_f407f477eb.jpg

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Socal should delete the thread, those that car about post counts will cry!!!

BroncoBuff
10-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Socal should delete the thread, those that car about post counts will cry!!!

SoCal hasn't been in here since what, 8 pages ago?

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 07:25 PM
SoCal hasn't been in here since what, 8 pages ago?

Well his "crow eating" was actually more negative orton/ McDaniels has done well "so far" / jay cutler praising so what exactly do you expect?

Not that you would understand as I believe you were on the surfboard with SoCal when he jumped the shark.

OABB
10-29-2009, 07:27 PM
O.K. how about this.

We all start fresh and forgive everyone starting now.

now!

OABB
10-29-2009, 07:55 PM
o.k. I'll start...I forgive you blue for your overreacting, Socal for your admitted mancrush on shanny, and everyone else.

Let's all band together and root for our team. we are 6-0 and arguably the best team in the league.

We've put up with crap for too long to have butthurt or pandis with eachother.

Let the healing begin!

Go broncos, and go **** yourself Lex.

Boobs McGee
10-29-2009, 09:05 PM
o.k. I'll start...I forgive you blue for your overreacting, Socal for your admitted mancrush on shanny, and everyone else.

Let's all band together and root for our team. we are 6-0 and arguably the best team in the league.

We've put up with crap for too long to have butthurt or pandis with eachother.

Let the healing begin!

Go broncos, and go **** yourself Lex.

+1

especially the last sentence.

and p.s., is there a cliff notes version of the thread from about page 5 on?

werd to your respective mothers.

baja
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
+1

<b>and p.s., is there a cliff notes version of the thread from about page 5 on?</b>

You're dumb

No you're dumb

You need to apologize

I'll never apologize.

I was right

let's let bygones be bygones

let's put all this behind us

STFU noob

He was sorta sorry

no he wasn't

can't we just get along

F you.

Dagmar
10-29-2009, 09:25 PM
+1

and p.s., is there a cliff notes version of the thread from about page 5 on?

http://lonestar.texas.net/~mseifert/arguing.gif

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/cute-puppy-pictures-blah-blah-talking.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee193/Seedy_r0m/arguing.gif

http://plig.org/things/pictures/tn/arguing.med.jpg

Boobs McGee
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
in words AND pics.

oh how i heart cliff notes.

gracias senors

HAT
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Answer the question Claire....C'mon, answer it!

:yayaya:

randomtask
10-29-2009, 11:03 PM
This is 18 pages. It deserves a Hamster jack.

BMarsh615
11-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I am back...and a little bit more refreshed after taking my break.

As many of you here may have read, I mentioned alot of things in my last post...mainly about how I was getting sick and tired of this place for a number of reasons. I had mentioned in that post that perhaps what I needed was a break. So I went ahead and took a break. I had to get out of here for awhile...as I mentioned to Taco a couple days ago, it was getting to my blood pressure and affecting my health and that's not a good thing. It was good to get away and observe things from afar. I know there will be people that will think that I stayed away because I was "pissed" or angry that Josh was doing well. That's a bunch of crap. The people who would believe that have an amazing disregard for facts. I said upfront that maybe it was time to take a break because I was getting sick of it, and that was right after Game 1, hardly a great performance. I also went out of my way to give Nolan and the D major props after that game. I would not head out there every summer if I didn't really love them. I took a break because it was affecting me and I said that up front. If you don't believe that...I don't know what to tell you. You can believe whatever you like. I've enjoyed what the staff has been able to do with this team. They're doing a great job and they are making me eat a ton of crow. I will definitely give them their hard earned props.

I mentioned during the summer that McD would get an oppurtunity to prove his true mettle. Personally, I didn't think he was great either as a coach or as an administrator. I thought he was a disaster of biblical proportions. He's definitely proven me wrong so far. He deserves alot of credit. I will give him his props. He's earned it and he deserves it. I was wrong about his coaching ability. He may very well be a worthy heir to Shanahan. I still love Mike. That man meant alot to me. Many of the best days of my life came because of him and I suppose I held an emotional attachement to him over the summer. That obviously reflected in some over the top hatred towards Josh. I admit that. I still disagree with Josh on a few things. I still strongly disagree with the Cutler trade. Jay has mostly performed well (with the noted exception of a few games) playing with dog****. Outside of a few rough patches, he's shown he's a true talent in the games and I'd love to have him here, still. I still wish he was here (and I still root for him to do well because he's my 2nd favorite player) and I still disagree with that move.

But McD and McCoy are to be commended with their work with Orton. Purely in the abstract, Kyle Orton is nothing special, but the staff has done an excellent job not only in terms of minimizing his weaknesses, but one can also see the progression of his game from week to week with their coaching.
It's not unlike Ryan Harris's progression as a starter last year. It's like night and day. First, he was shaky and mediocre (CIN), and then he became a more steady game manager (CLE and OAK) and then the coaches took him to a higher level of play (arguably elite) in the last three game stanza in particular, where he is actually making plays, while still maintaining efficiency and risk averse play. McD is doing a fine job making lemonade out of lemons on that front. McD is doing things with Kyle that the large majority of the league could not do and that alone illustrates his superior acumen with QB's.

Regarding FA, McD and Xanders have also done a stellar job. I liked the Hill signing but I was on record as being lukewarm about Dawkins. They hit a homerun with him. They also had the foresight to make it a short term deal as protection against aging. Nolan and his staff have also done a phenomenal job with the defense. I mentioned this summer that I did not care for the 3-4 in terms of how it meshed with our front seven personnel, but Nolan's definitely proven he's a miracle worker, especially with the front three. I am most happy about how the staff is helping DJ's development. You couldn't even imagine how happy I was during the SD game when he was tearing into Philip Rivers repeatedly in the 4th quarter and balling the whole Dallas game esp with that hit on Roy Williams. I am very happy with how they are developing the talent on that side of the ball. Doom is amazing standing up as an OLB and Davis is doing a fine job vs. the run. You can even see flashes of brilliance from time to time with Ayers. It will take some time, even Mayock said it, but he'll be a good SOLB fairly soon and should overtake Haggan by the end of the year. The turnaround on that side of the ball has been nothing short of amazing. I'm still not sure how they are doing it with that no name front three, but they are definitely doing it. While he doesnt coach that side of the ball, McD is to be commended for his judgement in terms of hiring the DC and various position coaches he did. They also did a good job in evaluation: they didn't spend a ton of cash but found good system fits.

One more thing. I would like to apologize to people who felt offended by me this offseason. My tirades were based on genuine feelings of disappointment and dispair at developments. As noted above, I still am upset on the Cutler trade, but Josh has done such a fabulous job of individual QB coaching, he's been able to make it work increasingly well without as much talent. He's making it work in alot of ways and proving me wrong on alot of different points. While I find tsiguy96 annoying at times, I think he was probably right to say we should have waited. In any case, I can see how certain people would be upset with me. I understand their rationale. I apologize for my clear role in making it a more unpleasant place. I'm sure there are several folks who also found the place more and more unpleasant (as I did) in some measure because of me. That's fine. I was upset but I see how that can make others feel when I project the anger constantly. I can see where my friend Popps and some others on the other side of the argument are coming from on that point. I will eat the crow. Josh and his staff definitely deserve their props on the coaching front. They've already accomplished a season's worth of expected wins in 6 games.

As a gesture of good faith, when we get avatars back, I will voluntarily put up a pic of Josh for two weeks. In the meantime, I realize I deserve some (alot) of ribbing and criticism and I'm ready to take it.

I blame you :~ohyah!:

Liebs
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
The Internet: Serious Business

Cito Pelon
11-02-2009, 09:39 AM
These "crow" threads are like the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. Let's review, there's Plague, War, Famine, Pestilence, Crow threads.