PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Ravens discussion thread

Rocket 7
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Bye week is over. We have the Ravens next.

tsiguy96
10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
hows their oline blocking? their pass rush isnt what it used to be and their pass defense just straight sucks, so if we can get orton cruising like last 2 weeks, we win no questions.

iDENVER
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
this will be the very first NFL game i attend so broncos will win:yayaya:

BlaK-Argentina
10-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Can't wait. I want to see how sharp we look after the bye. McD should have the team extra prepared.

Still think it'll be a tough game, I'm hoping for a convincing win to take the momentum all the way to Indy. ;D

Irish Stout
10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Can't wait. I want to see how sharp we look after the bye. McD should have the team extra prepared.

Still think it'll be a tough game, I'm hoping for a convincing win to take the momentum all the way to Indy. ;D

I hope so, but most of the guys went home or really just took a week off. Its nice for the rest home they come into practice this week with eager minds ready to learn how to take down another formidable opponent!

BRONCOS!!!

Rocket 7
10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
We still never won at that stadium.

BlaK-Argentina
10-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Party pooper. :rofl:

Rabb
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Ray Ray will chew off one of Royal's feet and throw it to Ed Reed for a 100 yard return for a score, then eat Royal's other foot

Ngata will sack Orton 65 or 66 times while running backwards

Flacco will pass for as many yards as touchdowns, 350...in the first half

infinity to -2 (we will actually give ourselves a safety) is my guess

Inkana7
10-25-2009, 07:53 PM

Didn't we beat em 12-10 in 2005? Or was that at Mile High?

NYBronc
10-25-2009, 07:59 PM

That was at mile high. But c'mon guys this is the Browns franchise, really, when you think about it. This is Art's team and we own Art.

SJ Bronco
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I think you should watch Oher VS Doom...gonna be a big difference if doom can get a rush. you saw what happened when the QB had time.

gyldenlove
10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Their offensive line is good without impressing, the run blocking is pretty good, they have a lot of power, but against quickness they can be beaten.

A quick breakdown reveals we match up well on the outside with our corners being better than their recievers so we should be able to man up 1 on 1 for long stretches so we can focus on taking away the ground game which is good and getting to Flacco. I think we see the same strategy we had against Gates and Witten and use a lot of pressure on the QB to keep the TE in short routes and blocking at the line rather than roaming down field.

On defense they are good but not great. A weakness they have is if you can get an OL to Ray Lewis then Gooden isn't nearly as good against the run so you can leave the RB to deal with him. Suggs is still a threat on the outside we have to account for him in both passing and running situations. Their cornerbacks are small (very small) and not very good 1 on 1, so I think Marshall will see a lot of Ed Reed, this should open up a lot of passes to Gaffney, Royal and Stokley and any matchup of Scheffler and Gooden or Landry is almost an auto win for Scheffler.

The way to win this one is going to be to keep the ball away from Ed Reed, keep Orton clean and use our speed up front to move the defense sideways, they don't do that as well and that will open lanes for Moreno and Buckhalter.

We need to make sure we don't lose the field position battle because they are very opportunistic and with Rice they have a guy who is a threat anywhere on the field. He is very elusive and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well any RB.

If we can keep their offense under control, and I think we can, then we have a pretty good matchup with our spread offense against their poor cornerbacks. I am looking for Gaffney to have a good game in this one.

gyldenlove
10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
I think you should watch Oher VS Doom...gonna be a big difference if doom can get a rush. you saw what happened when the QB had time.

If Gaither is ready to go then Dumervil will get a lot of him and some Oher, but I expect them to line up Ayers with Oher quite a bit since Ayers has done well against Oher in the past. If Gaither is out and Yanda is at RT then Dumervil will get him a lot, that could get ugly.

Bronx33
10-25-2009, 08:20 PM

mile high i was there..

Pony Boy
10-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I bet McDaniel's has already watched every piece of film on Flacco since he came out of the womb.....

SJ Bronco
10-25-2009, 08:27 PM
If Gaither is ready to go then Dumervil will get a lot of him and some Oher, but I expect them to line up Ayers with Oher quite a bit since Ayers has done well against Oher in the past. If Gaither is out and Yanda is at RT then Dumervil will get him a lot, that could get ugly.

Gaither might be back...good call...but i think Oher is a damn good pass blocking LT. He could be trouble on Ayers, but Ayers had some success in college. Either way, that's the battle to watch. Could be the difference in the game.

DenverBound
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Gaither might be back...good call...but i think Oher is a damn good pass blocking LT. He could be trouble on Ayers, but Ayers had some success in college. Either way, that's the battle to watch. Could be the difference in the game.

Gaither
-------
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 330

VS

Doom? I can't wait to see this. I think doom is going to have a field day with this ogre.

SJ Bronco
10-25-2009, 08:39 PM
I bet McDaniel's has already watched every piece of film on Flacco since he came out of the womb.....

you think Mcd actually waited till he was born...he probably scouted his mother after her first date with dear old dad

v2micca
10-25-2009, 08:44 PM
On Defense, Ray Rice concerns me more than any other player. Flacco is going to make some frustrating Houdini like escapes and pick up some first downs. But, I have confidence that our secondary can bottle up there vertical attack, forcing them to settle for underneath routes. I see us employing a similar strategy to what we used with Brady by giving him the Wes Welker Routes while taking away Randy Moss for most of the game. However, if we can't consistently stop Ray Rice with our front seven, we may be in for a long day. This guy is the real deal and how we handle him can make or break us in this game.

Offensively, I like our chances. They are reeling right now from injuries. I see healthy dose of Moreno and Buckhalter having some success early on in the game and steamrolling from there. If they leave any of their corners in man coverage on Marshall, it will probably get ugly. They know this and will probably roll safeties over to his side of the field. They have been exploited across the middle of the field several times. I could see Shefler having another big game against them if they try to contain him with Linebackers.

Rabb
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM

yep and word is Gaither will probably go, what a nice problem to have between those 2

Gaither is a monster, what a find...he makes Clady look small, .10 head though

Gort
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
That was at mile high. But c'mon guys this is the Browns franchise, really, when you think about it. This is Art's team and we own Art.

he only owns a 1% share now. sold the rest in 2004. Bisciotti owns the Ravens now.

BroncoMan4ever
10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
this will be the very first NFL game i attend so broncos will win:yayaya:

you do realize if we lose, you are banned from attending any future Broncos games as you will be classified as a jinx, and no one will want you to return.

jk....kind of.....have a good time though

BroncoMan4ever
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
you think Mcd actually waited till he was born...he probably scouted his mother after her first date with dear old dad

i hear he uncovered Flacco's ultrasound video and found weaknesses he plans to exploit just from that.

Sassy
10-25-2009, 10:40 PM

and Brady had never lost an OT game...
...and San Diego...can't remember...but we took them out of a record, too ;)

Sassy
10-25-2009, 10:41 PM
you do realize if we lose, you are banned from attending any future Broncos games as you will be classified as a jinx, and no one will want you to return.

Nah...that would be Phillybroncosnut ;D

Rocket 7
10-25-2009, 10:45 PM

I brought my sister to the GB Den game in 07. I was 13 and 0. We lost. She can't come with me again