PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Captain 'Dre
11-24-2009, 07:24 AM
LOL

Yea, Cutler really has Orton outdone in the heart department.

But, at least Jay didn't throw any teammates under the bus this week. At least not publicly.

Yet.

That is the ONE area of Jay's 'game' that he seems to have improved. Ha!

Haven't heard about him tossing teammates under the bus in what seems like WEEKS!

Circle Orange
11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
well its painfully clear his teammates aren't that crazy about him. At best you hear lukewarm support from only a couple of players (the politically correct stuff).

But that cannon arm IS, as we are constantly told, the reason that he'll be ultimately great no matter how he f***s up. :rofl:

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Worry about that.

All I said is Cutler broke a sweat.

Well, I guess the Bears organization can see that as a positive when they shell out the $20 million he sweated.

Meck77
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Aside from not making the playoffs as a Bronco I really believe that his diabetes factored into him being traded. Why would an owner want to invest $60MM bucks on a player who's health is in question. Yeah I know people can live with diabetes but I don't think an NFL qb with beetus can last too long.

I've said it plenty of times. I doubt Cutler will even be in the league too many more years as it is.

Now just imagine being the man who has to write that check.

colonelbeef
11-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Now just imagine being the man who has to write that check.

for better or worse, it's not just about the product on the field.

Cutler has already paid for himself in Jerseys sold, seats sold, and hype. The bears have been on national football nearly every week it seems, and that is not because of Greg Olsen.

Just like Manny Ramirez with the dodgers this year- he missed 50 games and still makes that team money.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
for better or worse, it's not just about the product on the field.

Cutler has already paid for himself in Jerseys sold, seats sold, and hype. The bears have been on national football nearly every week it seems, and that is not because of Greg Olsen.

Just like Manny Ramirez with the dodgers this year- he missed 50 games and still makes that team money.

then the fans can get on the owners in a year or two when they arent winning. The jerseys sales will end (I cant imagine many knowledgeable fans are buying his jersey right now and Christmas sales are based on grandma not knowing better) soon enough, the hype is pretty much over and ticket sales will drop. If we arent on prime time, what better team and guy to be on national tv than Cutler? What would you rather watch, Nascar accidents or Cutler throwing a game deciding INT?

TailgateNut
11-25-2009, 11:42 AM
then the fans can get on the owners in a year or two when they arent winning. The jerseys sales will end (I cant imagine many knowledgeable fans are buying his jersey right now and Christmas sales are based on grandma not knowing better) soon enough, the hype is pretty much over and ticket sales will drop. If we arent on prime time, what better team and guy to be on national tv than Cutler? What would you rather watch, Nascar accidents or Cutler throwing a game deciding INT?

I'd rather have a daily colon exam than to watch Nascar.:yayaya:

Let me guess: he's going into a left turn.Hilarious!

Talk about a gathering of rednecks.

azbroncfan
11-25-2009, 11:53 AM
lovie smith and the defense. I already knew about cutler, and what i knew was that the guy can't win, is not my idea of a leader and was not a good fit for this team. So i would not have brought him in. But the bears did, and cutler is what he is -- jeff george in a bears uniform. Where's the surprise? I'll tell you where: The other side of the ball with a defense that smith took over before this season. He was supposed to make it better, but the bears aren't better. They're awful, and i say that after watching them disintegrate in first halves of losses to cincinnati and arizona -- games where each opponent scored touchdowns on its first four possessions. Someone explain that to me. No, lovie explain it. It's his defense. He makes the calls. He devises the scheme. And don't tell me about injuries. Everyone has them now. This defense stinks, and that is not chicago bears football. judge