PDA

View Full Version : Its not Cutlers fault

Pages : 1 [2]

rastaman
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
You obviously must have forgotten your last post where you called someone so many names I can't mention them all....I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be?

You must have forgotten that the person I called all those names had first called me a multitude of names as well! Funny how you missed that fact!;)

LostPines
10-28-2009, 04:45 PM
He is not like Elway that could carry a team on his back himself. Cutler is little above average passer. Just forget him cuz he is not on Bronco team for god s sake!

Circle Orange
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
my favorite stat of the day:

"Rex Grossman threw interceptions on 3.64 percent of his attempts before getting booed out of a job in Chicago; Jay Cutler throws interceptions on 4.78 percent of attempts here in 2009."

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/10_235_Power_Rankings%3A_what_a_difference_a_year_ makes.html

Funny, Chicago still can't let Grossman go, despite having run him out of town. Talk about jilted lovers.

Broncomutt
10-28-2009, 05:04 PM
He is not like Elway that could carry a team on his back himself. Cutler is little above average passer. Just forget him cuz he is not on Bronco team for god s sake!

I hear you pines, but his failure almost assuredly means a better Bronco 1st round draft pick next year. Right?:sunshine:

Circle Orange
10-28-2009, 05:09 PM
The Bears are commited to winning with Cutler. They are on a 2-4 year plan to turn the Bears back to the Monsters of the Midway. Cutler has no other joice but to prove the Chicago didn't make a mistake. Once the Bears surrounds Cutler with an infrastructure necessary with all the parts in key areas, Cutler will prove he wasn't a mistake. You watch and see.

The Bears SHOULD be committed...straight to the happy hatch.

Any franchise and fan base that clings to ONE qb (Luckman) that played 50 years ago as a sample, is sorry indeed. And still clueless about qbs after all these decades. Add loudmouth to the mix and they deserve each other.

BTW, Cutly doesn't seem all that well liked by his teammates. Just sayin.'

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll answer that. They planned all along to trade Cutler but they had to appear not over anxious to dump him so as to maximize his value. Truth be told they played the whole event masterfully.

Man, that is just plain dumb.

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 05:20 PM
On draft day what draws in the fans attention? THE PLAYERS, During training camp what draws in the fans....THE PLAYERS. During the preseason games what draws in the fans......THE PLAYERS. During the regular season where can you find the fans....in the stadium, sports bars, and in private homes....all watching and rooting for the PLAYERS.

So I'd say the PLAYERS are the most important asset to the NFL, the owners, the fans, and the coaches. The owners need them, the HC needs them, and the FANS need the players to show up and perform.

IT'S A PLAYERS LEAGUE AND FANS PUT THE PLAYERS FIRST......DEAL WITH IT.:strong:

It is the players working together as team that makes football the ultimate team sport. It is also the sport that has the smallest dropoff from the stars to the backups other than the HOF's. Individual players that don't buy into the team don't do well. Always been that way and always will. Without the fans like I said before, most of these players would be in jail or detriments to society. Without the players the fans could still live their same life and watch another sport or find something else to do with their time.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
He is not like Elway that could carry a team on his back himself. Cutler is little above average passer.
You're right about the Elway comment, but wrong about the passer evaluation. Cutler has the best career completion percentage of any Broncos quarterback ever ... even with the risk-taking and throwing off his back foot.

Cue the rationalizers ....

Circle Orange
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/forbes.html

Washington Redskins NFL Daniel Snyder $1.1 billion

Dallas Cowboys NFL Jerry Jones $923 million

Houston Texans NFL Robert McNair $905 million

New England Patriots NFL Robert Kraft $861 million

Philadelphia Eagles NFL Jeffrey Lurie $833 million

Denver Broncos NFL Pat Bowlen $815 million

It's probably safe to say Pat has 185 million tied up in other ventures.

Okay ladies, hit it! Shake those moneymakers. These opportunities won't last forever! :clown:

azbroncfan
10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
You're right about the Elway comment, but wrong about the passer evaluation. Cutler has the best career completion percentage of any Broncos quarterback ever ... even with the risk-taking and throwing off his back foot.

Doesn't Chad Pennington have the highest percentage of any QB to ever lace them up? Cutler's pretty good to both teams as well.

errand
10-28-2009, 07:26 PM
You must have forgotten that the person I called all those names had first called me a multitude of names as well! Funny how you missed that fact!;)

So two wrongs DO make a right....interesting.

BroncoBuff
10-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Doesn't Chad Pennington have the highest percentage of any QB to ever lace them up? Cutler's pretty good to both teams as well.

I happen to LIKE Chad Pennington ....

rastaman
10-29-2009, 05:35 AM
So two wrongs DO make a right....interesting.

Yes!:~ohyah!:

lex
10-29-2009, 11:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/mcdaniels-models-cutler-jersey-300x.jpg

lex
10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/mcdaniels-models-cutler-jersey-300x.jpg

BTW, Im just bumping this because if Cutler is such garbage and McDaniels is so smart, then why does this picture exist if McDaniels was all about getting rid of Jay (because he's garbage)?

Peoples Champ
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
BTW, Im just bumping this because if Cutler is such garbage and McDaniels is so smart, then why does this picture exist if McDaniels was all about getting rid of Jay (because he's garbage)?

thats photoshopped, it really says Orton

lex
10-29-2009, 01:43 PM
thats photoshopped, it really says Orton

No its not. Its from the owners meetings which took place before they traded Jay. The ones with Orton are photoshopped.

Peoples Champ
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
No its not. Its from the owners meetings which took place before they traded Jay. The ones with Orton are photoshopped.

Im just messing with you.

Dedhed
10-29-2009, 01:46 PM

Do INTs count for completion %?

anon
10-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't think McD wanted to get rid of Cutler, but that was before Jay showed his "leadership" attributes and went "full retard" on the Broncos.

Peoples Champ
10-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't think McD wanted to get rid of Cutler, but that was before Jay showed his "leadership" attributes and went "full retard" on the Broncos.

Ya, nobody thinks McDaniels wanted to get rid of Cutler. Thats because he came out to the public and said "we want Jay as our QB".

But then Jay started the baby act and the attitude, and McDaniels says, we cant have this attitude on our team, no matter how talented Mr. Jay is. Im just Mcdaniels was thinking, this kid is good, but he aint that good.

Rock Chalk
10-29-2009, 02:35 PM

Im ignoring your parenthesis because everyone knows thats not why McD got rid of Jay but what you say outside of that has a lot of merit.

If McD was so intent on getting rid of Jay, why would he do this in the midst of the Jaygate controversy?

The reason is simple and one so many people still do not WANT to accept.

McD didnt want to get rid of Jay. Bowlen forced his hand when Jay wouldn't answer/return Bowlen's phone calls.

People will continue to say Bowlen never called him, but if that was the case, why would Bowlen, on record, offer to show his phone records over the past 3 months?

Jay forced his way out and people do not want to accept it. They call McD the liar, even though McD and Jay have BOTH acknowledged either directly or indirectly (in Jay's case) that Jay was the baby.

I dont know why anyone still has love for a guy that hated Denver. Hated Denver's fans, and has been a major douche since Shanahan got fired.

lex
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Im ignoring your parenthesis because everyone knows thats not why McD got rid of Jay but what you say outside of that has a lot of merit.
If McD was so intent on getting rid of Jay, why would he do this in the midst of the Jaygate controversy?

The reason is simple and one so many people still do not WANT to accept.

McD didnt want to get rid of Jay. Bowlen forced his hand when Jay wouldn't answer/return Bowlen's phone calls.

People will continue to say Bowlen never called him, but if that was the case, why would Bowlen, on record, offer to show his phone records over the past 3 months?

Jay forced his way out and people do not want to accept it. They call McD the liar, even though McD and Jay have BOTH acknowledged either directly or indirectly (in Jay's case) that Jay was the baby.

I dont know why anyone still has love for a guy that hated Denver. Hated Denver's fans, and has been a major douche since Shanahan got fired.

Thats not true. There are plenty of people claiming who are claiming that Jay is garbage. The Hanie threads and comparisons to Jeff George (even though Jay was statistically better in his 3rd year than George ever was during his entire career) accomplish as much.

Regardless, I know its a spot on point. There are a lot of people carrying on as though Jay sucks and McDaniels was all about getting rid of him (as opposed to being more for getting Cassel). If McDaniels was all about getting rid of Jay, how do you explain those pictures, especially considering holding up the jersey had to be humiliating.

Perhaps its time to just feel fortunate that Orton has turned out ok so far and stop pretending like getting rid of Cutler was part of some larger plan.

Rock Chalk
10-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Thats not true. There are plenty of people claiming who are claiming that Jay is garbage. The Hanie threads and comparisons to Jeff George (even though Jay was statistically better in his 3rd year than George ever was during his entire career) accomplish as much.

Regardless, I know its a spot on point. There are a lot of people carrying on as though Jay sucks and McDaniels was all about getting rid of him (as opposed to being more for getting Cassel). If McDaniels was all about getting rid of Jay, how do you explain those pictures, especially considering holding up the jersey had to be humiliating.

Perhaps its time to just feel fortunate that Orton has turned out ok so far and stop pretending like getting rid of Cutler was part of some larger plan.

Jay does suck.

He cant win without loads of talent aroudn him but McD didnt get rid of him because of that.

lex
10-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Jay does suck.

He cant win without loads of talent aroudn him but McD didnt get rid of him because of that.

Its not that he cant win as much as its a case that he cant do it all him self. Its a team game.

BTW, now youre saying McD got rid of him when you previously admitted it was Bowlen who made this decision.

errand
10-29-2009, 03:55 PM

It's probably a press release photo, and usually they go with the QB's jersey....and since Jay did make the Pro Bowl and he's definitely got a huge following of gay men on here, it would make sense to use his jersey. And Josh never said Jay was garbage....heterosexual posters on the mane did.

errand
10-29-2009, 03:57 PM
of course another way to look at it is, those mustard and brown uniforms with the vertical striped socks were burned in a bonfire at a practice...perhaps Josh was just getting ready to toss it on a fire?

lex
10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
It's probably a press release photo, and usually they go with the QB's jersey....and since Jay did make the Pro Bowl and he's definitely got a huge following of gay men on here, it would make sense to use his jersey. And Josh never said Jay was garbage....heterosexual posters on the mane did.

This post is a good example of what I was talking about. I really thought people would be scared away from fessing up to doing this but then along comes errand and unknowingly makes himself the posterchild for this kind of revisionist speak.

Well done, errand. All I have to do is leave a little cheese and you wont know any better.

RMT
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Its not that he cant win as much as its a case that he cant do it all him self. Its a team game.

BTW, now youre saying McD got rid of him when you previously admitted it was Bowlen who made this decision.

a real "franchise QB" makes those around him BETTER. he doesn't have to wait on talent to win games on his own. cutler is no franchise QB.

rastaman
10-29-2009, 06:31 PM
a real "franchise QB" makes those around him BETTER. he doesn't have to wait on talent to win games on his own. cutler is no franchise QB.

Can you list the QB's who are winning games in today's NFL w/o TALENT!!!:sunshine:

OABB
10-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Can you list the QB's who are winning games in today's NFL w/o TALENT!!!:sunshine:

Jay Cutler.:wiggle:

lex
10-29-2009, 07:09 PM

He does make those around him better. What he doesnt do is block, tackle, or run the football 20 times a game.

Bronco Yoda
10-29-2009, 08:21 PM

Because... he wanted to rub it in his face in the future.... that we were going to be 6-0 without him.

It was foretold in this photo....We were going to have 6 wins without #6 wearing that very legacy jersey on the 6th game. BWHHhhhhhahahahaaaa:devil:

RMT
10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
He does make those around him better. What he doesnt do is block, tackle, or run the football 20 times a game.

no he doesn't - and he doesn't play his position well in spite of the lack of talent around him.

elway and montana didn't have to have all of those things to be able to pull out a win.

cutler isn't able to take over a game, yet so many people call him a "franchise qb" - he is not that and never will be.

RMT
10-29-2009, 09:31 PM

if cutler is as good as you THINK he is, he could win games in spite of the faux pas events cause by some of his teammates. elway was able to take marginal players around him and make them above average. his teammates rose to the occasion because of elway. same could be said of montana. cutler has never and never will be able to accomplish that as a qb. he doesn't have the leadership skills or moxie for that.

lex
10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
no he doesn't - and he doesn't play his position well in spite of the lack of talent around him.

elway and montana didn't have to have all of those things to be able to pull out a win.

cutler isn't able to take over a game, yet so many people call him a "franchise qb" - he is not that and never will be.

This argument is full of flaw.

First of all, Elway is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game. Apparently you have to be Elway's equal to qualify as a franchise QB. Also, Elway had to score on a lot of drives at the end of games (which he did) but he wasnt required to score on every drive of every game.

Also, youre wrong. Jay CAN take over games...just not every game. But that doesnt mean he's not a franchise QB. That just means he's not Peyton Manning or Drew Brees.

tsiguy96
10-29-2009, 09:46 PM

First of all, Elway is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game. Apparently you have to be Elway's equal to qualify as a franchise QB. Also, Elway had to score on a lot of drives at the end of games (which he did) but he wasnt required to score on every drive of every game.

Also, youre wrong. Jay CAN take over games...just not every game. But that doesnt mean he's not a franchise QB. That just means he's not Peyton Manning or Drew Brees.

but for every game he takes over, half the time he was the one who put them in the position to need that 4th quarter drive. you will never understand soemthing like that however.

lex
10-29-2009, 09:52 PM
but for every game he takes over, half the time he was the one who put them in the position to need that 4th quarter drive. you will never understand soemthing like that however.

Youre right. Im not really sure what youre saying with that.

tsiguy96
10-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Youre right. Im not really sure what youre saying with that.

the reason he has to bring them back from behind in the 4th quarter is because he PUTS them there with his interceptions, fumbles and mistakes.

bombay
10-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Los of blather about some sub-.500 qb.

RMT
10-29-2009, 10:01 PM

you have such a "i'm right and everyone else is wrong" mentality ... i'm done responding to your self-serving posts.

Archer81
10-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Why are we arguing about a player who didnt win when he was here?

Let it go...

:Broncos:

lex
10-29-2009, 10:03 PM
you have such a "i'm right and everyone else is wrong" mentality ... i'm done responding to your self-serving posts.

Well that was easy. All I had to do was deconstruct your "everything has to be like Elway to be good" argument for you to give up.

Tschuss.

baja
10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Best thing Cutler ever did as a Bronco?

He brought us 2 first round picks and a franchise QB and a third round pick.

Not Bad - Thanks Jay!

RMT
10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
the reason he has to bring them back from behind in the 4th quarter is because he PUTS them there with his interceptions, fumbles and mistakes.

exactly - and cutler does NOT have to be elway to be considered a franchise QB but cutler himself made such a comparison.

he has done very little to earn a "franchise qb" label in the first place. most of the reasoning behind why he is a "franchise qb" revolves around what was wrong with EVERYTHING else on teams he was on rather than the intangibles he possessed to warrant such a lofty reputation.

RMT
10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Why are we arguing about a player who didnt win when he was here?

Let it go...

because lex is still sucking on cutler's sack and wants to remind us just how great those schwedy balls taste after a hard-fought loss.

lex
10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
because lex is still sucking on cutler's sack and wants to remind us just how great those schwedy balls taste after a hard-fought loss.

Is that so? How exactly have I put Jay on a pedastal in this thread? Ive acknowledged he has flaws. Youre mistaking not acquiescing and not signing off on your bull **** with obsessing over him.

BTW, I thought you were walking away from this one? I knew I could change your mind with a little tweaking.

OABB
10-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Is that so? How exactly have I put Jay on a pedastal in this thread? Ive acknowledged he has flaws. Youre mistaking not acquiescing and not signing off on your bull **** with obsessing over him.

BTW, I thought you were walking away from this one? I knew I could change your mind with a little tweaking.

you are udderless.

JCMElway
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Thought I'd use an existing Cutler thread for the comparison.

Orton:

Yards: 1,465
TD: 9
Comp Pct: 64%
INT: 1
QB rating: 100.1
Wins: 6

Cutler:
Yards: 1,452
TD: 11
Comp Pct: 65%
INT: 10
QB rating: 83%
Wins: 3

lex
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
you are udderless.

lol

RMT
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM

Orton:

Cutler:

yeah, but cutler doesn't have a good defense, running game, o-line, or wr corp ... that accounts for the poorer stats. damn those other players. how dare they disrespect the "franchise"

rastaman
10-30-2009, 04:58 AM

Orton:

Cutler:

While you're posting stats why not post the stats of the defense and running attack of both teams as well for a fair comparision on why both QB's have the stats they have and won-loss record.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 05:11 AM
yeah, but cutler doesn't have a good defense, running game, o-line, or wr corp ... that accounts for the poorer stats. damn those other players. how dare they disrespect the "franchise"

Figures you and your Ilk arrogantly-ignorantly believe Orton is 6-0 all by his lonesome b/c he's a game manger!!! You do realize in conjunction with Orton's game management, the Defense has helped Orton tremendously and so has the Offensive Line.

Can't have a 100.0 QB rating if your front 5 can't protect the QB! And you can't get away with throwing 9 TD's in 6 games and achieve a 6-0 record if you don't have a smothering Defense that stop oppossing teams from scoring. Face it RMT you are behaving narrow mindedly and cherry picking to win your arugment/opinions. At least your not alone.....if thats any victory.

But hey, continue to live in your own self-indulged fantasy....I don't want to disturb you or wake you up to reality.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 05:39 AM
Jay Cutler.:wiggle:

Didn't you and your ilk say that Cutler is not a winner. Can't have it both ways......make up your mind.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 06:38 AM

Actually McD wanted Cassel b/c he raised him from a puppy! So does that sound like McD wanted Cutler! McD only wanted Cutler after the Cassel deal didnt fall thru. To make matters worse! McD lied and said he didn't try to make a deal for Cassel, then when the truth came out rather than apolize for lying, McD came off with the smug attitude..."Yeah I wanted Cassel...and I can't ever promise you that I won't entertain further trades when it comes to you!"

McD went on to say....."Now I know I just lied to your face earlier....but now since we are stuck with each other, I demand that you trust me and buy into my plans and schemes." Of course the rest is history.

RMT
10-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Actually McD wanted Cassel b/c he raised him from a puppy! So does that sound like McD wanted Cutler! McD only wanted Cutler after the Cassel deal didnt fall thru. To make matters worse! McD lied and said he didn't try to make a deal for Cassel, then when the truth came out rather than apolize for lying, McD came off with the smug attitude..."Yeah I wanted Cassel...and I can't ever promise you that I won't entertain further trades when it comes to you!"

McD went on to say....."Now I know I just lied to your face earlier....but now since we are stuck with each other, I demand that you trust me and buy into my plans and schemes." Of course the rest is history.

yeah, if McD were the liar you portray him to be, the locker room (you know - the PLAYERS, the group you staunchly defend all the time) would not be buying into anything he is selling, perhaps that speaks greater volumes about the support (or lack thereof) cutler had in the Broncos' locker room. even marshall has bought into the program. who would have ever thought that marshall would eventually be MORE mature than cutler.

RMT
10-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Figures you and your Ilk arrogantly-ignorantly believe Orton is 6-0 all by his lonesome b/c he's a game manger!!! You do realize in conjunction with Orton's game management, the Defense has helped Orton tremendously and so has the Offensive Line.

Can't have a 100.0 QB rating if your front 5 can't protect the QB! And you can't get away with throwing 9 TD's in 6 games and achieve a 6-0 record if you don't have a smothering Defense that stop oppossing teams from scoring. Face it RMT you are behaving narrow mindedly and cherry picking to win your arugment/opinions. At least your not alone.....if thats any victory.

But hey, continue to live in your own self-indulged fantasy....I don't want to disturb you or wake you up to reality.

cutler has greater mobility than orton and the o-line actually performed better last year for him last year and orton STILL outperforms cutler in the QB rating.

who cares about the record - this is apples to apples. take a bit bite ya bitch

rastaman
10-30-2009, 07:18 AM
yeah, if McD were the liar you portray him to be, the locker room (you know - the PLAYERS, the group you staunchly defend all the time) would not be buying into anything he is selling, perhaps that speaks greater volumes about the support (or lack thereof) cutler had in the Broncos' locker room. even marshall has bought into the program. who would have ever thought that marshall would eventually be MORE mature than cutler.

No one said that McD LIED to the entire Team......McD just got caught lying to Cutler and he was called out on it!!! Consider the incident a lessons learned and McD realized the rest of the team would view him with more scrutiny, thus making McD behave more honestly inorder to sell his theory and schemes to the players; while getting the players to buy into what Josh was selling. I say it all worked out for the betterment of all. Remember it only takes a few seconds or minutes to tell the TRUTH! And hours, weeks, months, and years to cover a lie and to continue to lie.

Speaking of Brandon, he still has a lot of haters around the OM.....he's just one "Aw Shiiiat" away from the fans treating him with the same hatred they now have for Cutler! Go figure!

Brandon's is a businessman and knows the NFL ain't like college. Marshall hasn't really so much as bought into McD's system as he has realized he must produce inorder to remain attractive to other teams during FA. BMarsh needs to use McD's system for success as much as McD is using him for success.

But hold on to your seats come FA time with Brandon.....McD and Bowlen won't be able to get Marshall to sign for a bargain price......they had a chance to do this back in April or after his trial. Simply put, Marshall will be much more expensive to sign come next years FA.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 07:26 AM
cutler has greater mobility than orton and the o-line actually performed better last year for him last year and orton STILL outperforms cutler in the QB rating.

who cares about the record - this is apples to apples. take a bit bite ya b****

Okay....RMT. We both agree Orton's QB rating of 100.0 has much to do with the running attack and his offensive line.....Agreed?

Peoples Champ
10-30-2009, 07:26 AM
yes yes yes, my thread is 13 pages long, and all I wrote is 1 sentence. New record for me.

OABB
10-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Didn't you and your ilk say that Cutler is not a winner. Can't have it both ways......make up your mind.

he wins games...just less than he loses them.

bombay
10-30-2009, 09:13 AM
The bears are super bowl contenders.

Popps
10-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Okay....RMT. We both agree Orton's QB rating of 100.0 has much to do with the running attack and his offensive line.....Agreed?

Hilarious!

Poor guy.

Some people just have enough sense to know when they were on the wrong side of an issue, and some don't.

You seem to need a lot of "look at me" time around here, though. I guess this is part of keeping that up.

tsiguy96
10-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Hilarious!

Poor guy.

Some people just have enough sense to know when they were on the wrong side of an issue, and some don't.

You seem to need a lot of "look at me" time around here, though. I guess this is part of keeping that up.

i thought cutler played with teh same WR and RB attack (with higher YPC too). wonder why he posted an 86. maybe because he turned the ball over too many times, and even though the defense sucked, he didnt help, whereas orton is a complement to this defense.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
yes yes yes, my thread is 13 pages long, and all I wrote is 1 sentence. New record for me.

Congratulations....great work! The OM benefits from folks who think outside the box to come up with threads that does not have "Group Think Infection"!:approve:

CEH
10-30-2009, 09:50 AM
While you're posting stats why not post the stats of the defense and running attack of both teams as well for a fair comparision on why both QB's have the stats they have and won-loss record.

Do you think or know that through 6 games the CHI running game is markly worst that it was through 6 games in '08?

I think the answer might suprise you

rastaman
10-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Hilarious!

Poor guy.

Popps how many months have you been walking Upright? Sore Knuckles aside you are the epitome of Look At Me!.....I can walk Upright---unassisted.

You're proof there's hope for the human evolution journey.:sunshine:

tsiguy96
10-30-2009, 09:53 AM
funny how rastaman and company spent all offseason telling us why cutler is going to do GREAT as a bear, why they are going to the super bowl and why we will suck. now they spend every waking minute making excuses for why we are doing GREAT and the bears SUCK. are they really denver fans?

OABB
10-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Popps how many months have you been walking Upright? Sore Knuckles aside you are the epitome of Look At Me!.....I can walk Upright---unassisted.

You're proof there's hope for the human evolution journey.:sunshine:

You are proof that there is not.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 09:59 AM
i thought cutler played with teh same WR and RB attack (with higher YPC too). wonder why he posted an 86. maybe because he turned the ball over too many times, and even though the defense sucked, he didnt help, whereas orton is a complement to this defense.

Orton isn't playing with a Defense in Denver thats giving up 27-30 points a game as Cutler was playing with last year. Cutler is posting a QB rating of 86 partly b/c this years Bears Defense is injury riddled, the O line is at times horrendous and Ike Forte can't run the ball b/c i.e. the O Line ain't showing up.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
You are proof that there is not.

You are proof that the Neaderthals are not extinct!ROFL!

OABB
10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Orton is playing with a Defense in Denver thats giving up 27-30 points a game as Cutler was playing with last year. Cutler is posting a QB rating of 86 partly b/c this years Bears Defense is injury riddled, the O line is at times horrendous and Ike Forte can't run the ball b/c i.e. the O Line ain't showing up.

It's amazing that wherever Cutler goes his defense tends to trend downward.

It's almost as if double digit turnovers some how benefit the opposing teams offense...

hmmm...

nah.....it's the injuries. you are right.

OABB
10-30-2009, 10:03 AM
You are proof that the Neaderthals are not extinct!ROFL!

here's a tip, if you have to put a smilie at the end of your sentence laughing....it probably wasn't that funny to begin with.

CEH
10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Orton isn't playing with a Defense in Denver thats giving up 27-30 points a game as Cutler was playing with last year. Cutler is posting a QB rating of 86 partly b/c this years Bears Defense is injury riddled, the O line is at times horrendous and Ike Forte can't run the ball b/c i.e. the O Line ain't showing up.

So Forte's 3.8 yards per rush is '08 so much better than than his 3.5 ypc this year. Anything below 4 is unacceptable so Forte was uncceptable last year for Orton as well. Next

rastaman
10-30-2009, 10:15 AM
funny how rastaman and company spent all offseason telling us why cutler is going to do GREAT as a bear, why they are going to the super bowl and why we will suck. now they spend every waking minute making excuses for why we are doing GREAT and the bears SUCK. are they really denver fans?

Yes Tsiguy0, we are still Bronco fans. We just aren't blind-all-for-nothing fanatical Bronco fans like you and you're Ilk!!!

According to your 20th century logic Cutler is at the end of his career at the conclusioin of the 09 season; and he's cursed to having the next 10-12 seasons as his 09 season. Do you see how illogical your 20th Century narrow mind thinks (and say you think lightly). You don't think ..... you only react!

Only in your limited ill-rationalization can you Call The Broncos "GREAT" after just 6 games played! But I digress.....I understand I'm dealing with borderline retardness---so I must be as empathetic as my patients will allow when dealing with you.

You are truly a legend in your mind......at least (what's left).

rastaman
10-30-2009, 10:22 AM
So Forte's 3.8 yards per rush is '08 so much better than than his 3.5 ypc this year. Anything below 4 is unacceptable so Forte was uncceptable last year for Orton as well. Next

All I know is the Forte of 2008 had over 1,200 yards rushing! The 09 Ike Forte' is on his way to rushing for how many yards in 09?

Point is, Jay has no running attack right now to keep teams honest---CONSISTENTLY!!! So its up to Cutler to move the team offensively. Another point, this years Bears O Line is as inconsistent as the 07 Broncos O line.

Back to the 2008 Broncos, Cutler only had two separate RB's rush for 100 yards all season! So ya see, once again there wasn't consistency at the RB spot last year, just as the 2009 Bears Running attack lacks consistency.

These FACTS you can't deny.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 10:26 AM
he wins games...just less than he loses them.

Great "Dodge" and Ill-Rationalization. I knew you would come thru in the clutch.

2KBack
10-30-2009, 10:29 AM

I'm gonna expand on this due to boredom.

First 6 games
Chi defense 2008: 310.6 yds per game, 11 takeaways
Chi defense 2009: 329.8 yds per game, 10 takeaways

a 20 yards difference... whoopty freakin do. Chicagos defense didn't suddenly get worse from last year, they are practically the same. what has changed though is that in 2008 the offense gave it up 10 times in the first 6 games (4 times by Orton), but in 2009 they have 13 giveaways (10+ by Cutler).

Dukes
10-30-2009, 10:29 AM
All I know is the Forte of 2008 had over 1,200 yards rushing! The 09 Ike Forte' is on his way to rushing for how many yards in 09?

Point is, Jay has no running attack right now to keep teams honest---CONSISTENTLY!!! So its up to Cutler to move the team offensively. Another point, this years Bears O Line is as inconsistent as the 07 Broncos O line.

Back to the 2008 Broncos, Cutler only had two separate RB's rush for 100 yards all season! So ya see, once again there wasn't consistency at the RB spot last year, just as the 2009 Bears Running attack lacks consistency.

These FACTS you can't deny.

You don't think there's any coincidence in a deterioration of the running game in a Cutler led offense?

scorpio
10-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Your arguments are invalid because Jay Cutler is a bunny rabbit.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/cutore.jpg

rastaman
10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
You don't think there's any coincidence in a deterioration of the running game in a Cutler led offense?

How so? Has Cutler suddenly been given the responsibility to open up holes off Tackle for Ike Forte to run thru???

OABB
10-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Great "Dodge" and Ill-Rationalization. I knew you would come thru in the clutch.

I didn't dodge. the question was name a qb who wins and has no talent...it was never said that he had to have a winning record.

I'm bowing out now...you are making me feel dumber.

LRtagger
10-30-2009, 11:05 AM
How so? Has Cutler suddenly been given the responsibility to open up holes off Tackle for Ike Forte to run thru???

No but with his superman abilities and the fact that he is infinitely better than Orton, defenses supposedly should have to respect the pass and not have 8 in the box like they were doing all of last year.

Yet here we are with franchise savior Jay Cutler behind center...and Forte has a lower per rush average and opposing defenses are averaging more than 2 takeaways a game (almost 2 INTs per).

Brewer
10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey Pastaman- Ike Forte never played for the Bears. Ever. (You make yourself look, well, rather foolish throughout this thread.) Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Football Fans

CEH
10-30-2009, 11:24 AM

First 6 games

a 20 yards difference... whoopty freakin do. Chicagos defense didn't suddenly get worse from last year, they are practically the same. what has changed though is that in 2008 the offense gave it up 10 times in the first 6 games (4 times by Orton), but in 2009 they have 13 giveaways (10+ by Cutler).

Every Cutler apologetic is using straw man arguments to support how badly Cutler is doing but fails to realize Orton had the same exact team in '08 and was 1 sec away from 10-6 . In fact Orton is 3 games away from having a better record than Cutler ever did in Denver.

Cutler is a poor man's Carson Palmer. He's a quality QB that needs alot of help and right now is not worthy of 2 #1s and a #3 when the guy we traded for a #5 for had performed just as well through 6 games in '08 as Cutler has in 6 games in '09.

Cutler needs to step his game up. When the D continues to see the O give up points with silly and unnecessary turnovers it has to have an negative effect on the psyche of the defense.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
I didn't dodge. the question was name a qb who wins and has no talent...it was never said that he had to have a winning record.

I'm bowing out now...you are making me feel dumber.

Bye-Bye! Remember your genetics and DNA are responsible for how you Feel Dummy!!:wave:

RMT
10-30-2009, 11:57 AM
It's amazing that wherever Cutler goes his defense tends to trend downward.

It's almost as if double digit turnovers some how benefit the opposing teams offense...

hmmm...

nah.....it's the injuries. you are right.

exactly - perhaps the reason cutler-led teams defenses end up giving up more points is because of cutler's turnovers. the other team has more possessions and more time of possession.

and his turnovers in the red zone sometimes end up being a 14 point swing for the opponent.

bombay
10-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Cutler is playing so well because Chicago is a 9.

RMT
10-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Cutler is playing so well because Chicago is a 9.

yeah, cutler's about to find out what a 9 is like in Chicago when you are an underachieving QB. i will give them this - they will far more brutal than Broncos' fans.

i like what Brian Dawkins said about Broncos' fans during TC, that the fans here appreciate the team and players and are generally much more grateful and positive than the eagles' fans. he said he enjoyed the atmostphere the fans brought to TC and was looking forward to playing here.

Archer81
10-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Eh. Its over with. No point getting so worked up over Sweet baby Jay.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 12:13 PM
exactly - perhaps the reason cutler-led teams defenses end up giving up more points is because of cutler's turnovers. the other team has more possessions and more time of possession.

and his turnovers in the red zone sometimes end up being a 14 point swing for the opponent.

Meh! You guys crack me up foolishly believing that Cutler will continue to "Throw-Off" his Back Foot & Bad Reads for his entire NFL career. Some of you hating fools hav even said gone as far as to predict (perhaps hoping) that diabtes curtails and ends his career prematurely!!!

Oh the hatred and lack of humanity displayed by some fans is utterly amazing.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Eh. Its over with. No point getting so worked up over Sweet baby Jay.

Ah....what the hell! Here's to both Orton and Cutler both making the Pro Bowl this year. Life is too short to wish ill-will and hatred toward any NFL player. :peace:

RMT
10-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Meh! You guys crack me up foolishly believing that Cutler will continue to "Throw-Off" his Back Foot & Bad Reads for his entire NFL career. Some of you hating fools hav even said gone as far as to predict (perhaps hoping) that diabtes curtails and ends his career prematurely!!!

one constant about cutler ... he loses everywhere he goes and doesn't make those around him better. hardly worthy of a "franchise" qb label.

bfoflcommish
10-30-2009, 12:19 PM

Yeah I know right? I mean it's only been happening since day 1 of college, why would we even think that?

Archer81
10-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah I know right? I mean it's only been happening since day 1 of college, why would we even think that?

Eh...probably popwarner.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Pastaman- Ike Forte never played for the Bears. Ever. (You make yourself look, well, rather foolish throughout this thread.) Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Football Fans

Thank you Chuckle Nutzs. I mis-spoked and should have said MATT FORTE! There hows that you self-appointed anal grammar-editor-n-Chief! HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!:wiggle:

rastaman
10-30-2009, 12:34 PM
one constant about cutler ... he loses everywhere he goes and doesn't make those around him better. hardly worthy of a "franchise" qb label.

So how long will Cutler be a loser!!! His entire career??

RMT
10-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Eh...probably popwarner.

yeah, but his defenses were awful the entire time Hilarious!

rastaman
10-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Once the Bears rebuild around this guy, the scenario will be very interesting and could change the core of Bears Football for decades.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 12:40 PM

I have no idea why the Cutler haters would ever think that way! Maybe its just a character flaw.

Makes me wonder which will end first......The hatred for Cutler or Cutler no longer being a turn over prone QB?

I'm hoping for both!

RMT
10-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Once the Bears rebuild around this guy, the scenario will be very interesting and could change the core of Bears Football for decades.

i'm certainly not going to hold my breath ... the bears strength of schedule at the start of this season was #32. and they traded away their 1st AND 2nd round picks in next year's draft.

RMT
10-30-2009, 12:53 PM
So how long will Cutler be a loser!!! His entire career??

who said anything about his ENTIRE career? every post was about what he HAS done to this point - which is lose and turn over the ball on a regular basis.

until he changes that he will be nothing more than an average QB with an above average arm and skill set who underachieves because of what's between his ears more than what talent (or lack thereof) surrounds him. he has a lot of work to do on himself which is why people should stop excusing him by pointing to everything else as reasons why he's struggled so much over the course of his college and pro career.

Brewer
10-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Thank you Chuckle Nutzs. I mis-spoked and should have said MATT FORTE! There hows that you self-appointed anal grammar-editor-n-Chief! HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!:wiggle:

"Chuckle Nutzs?" ROFL! How many different people are you going to call that in a single day? http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86098&page=9 (See post #214) Let me guess: a lot. Probably every single poster who points out your lack of football knowledge and your monumental inability to grasp reality? Yeah, that's what I thought. Please continue, though, because its great entertainment. You have managed to keep one of the longest threads alive with your witty banter. Soldier on, Jay. (I mean Pastaman.)

RMT
10-30-2009, 02:23 PM
which one is pastaman, A or B? hole, that is -

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vmpisOn4FmE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vmpisOn4FmE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rofl:

and how he LIKES it ...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZX9Rv_2_C0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZX9Rv_2_C0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

errand
10-30-2009, 02:57 PM

This is his fourth year in the NFL, and he's still doing the same crap he did at Vanderbilt. And I'd suspect he did it in high school as well....so for the past 12 years he's done this. Like they say, old habits die hard.

As for the prediction that his diabetes will prematurely end his career, that's not hatred, it's just playing the odds.

I do find it odd that you're bitching about people hating on Jay but stood idly by while your cronies attacked McDaniels, Bowlen and Orton. None of whom had ever said that the fans in Denver sucked.

errand
10-30-2009, 02:59 PM
what's real funny is Sports Illustrated picked the Bears to play in Super bowl this season....

Ambiguous
10-30-2009, 03:15 PM
what's real funny is Sports Illustrated picked the Bears to play in Super bowl this season....

Were they the ones who predicted Bears/Chargers? Cause then it gets even more funny.

rastaman
10-30-2009, 06:59 PM
"Chuckle Nutzs?" ROFL! How many different people are you going to call that in a single day? http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86098&page=9 (See post #214) Let me guess: a lot. Probably every single poster who points out your lack of football knowledge and your monumental inability to grasp reality? Yeah, that's what I thought. Please continue, though, because its great entertainment. You have managed to keep one of the longest threads alive with your witty banter. Soldier on, Jay. (I mean Pastaman.)

Hey chuckle nutzs I'm glad you enough ENOUGH humanity in your jaded soul to even have the human ability to ROFLing....ya had me worried for awhile.;)

Ya know Brewy you're starting show you're not that of a poster to have on the OM.:sunshine:

rastaman
10-30-2009, 07:13 PM
who said anything about his ENTIRE career? every post was about what he HAS done to this point - which is lose and turn over the ball on a regular basis.

until he changes that he will be nothing more than an average QB with an above average arm and skill set who underachieves because of what's between his ears more than what talent (or lack thereof) surrounds him. he has a lot of work to do on himself which is why people should stop excusing him by pointing to everything else as reasons why he's struggled so much over the course of his college and pro career.

Okay RMT.....whatever you say. Lets just agree to disagree at this point. I'll give Cutler 2-3 to prove whether he's a Bust.

Circle Orange
10-30-2009, 07:38 PM
This is his fourth year in the NFL, and he's still doing the same crap he did at Vanderbilt. And I'd suspect he did it in high school as well....so for the past 12 years he's done this. Like they say, old habits die hard.

As for the prediction that his diabetes will prematurely end his career, that's not hatred, it's just playing the odds.

I do find it odd that you're b****ing about people hating on Jay but stood idly by while your cronies attacked McDaniels, Bowlen and Orton. None of whom had ever said that the fans in Denver sucked.

It's like the big fish in a small pond syndrome...put him in front of the lights and like a roach, he scatters. :clown:

Brewer
11-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey chuckle nutzs I'm glad you enough ENOUGH humanity in your jaded soul to even have the human ability to ROFLing....ya had me worried for awhile.;)

Ya know Brewy you're starting show you're not that of a poster to have on the OM.:sunshine:

What in hell did you just try to say? :thumbsup:

Merlin
11-01-2009, 05:28 PM
What is interesting about this thread is how it contrasts with the threads regarding today's loss by Denver. All the Orton lovers (whom I have defended to some degree) are giving all kinds of excuses for his mediocre performance, yet he received far more support today than virtually every game Cutler has played this yr with the Bears. Cutler in contrast has kept the Bears competitive in every loss except the Cinci game (in each loss he gave his team a lead with less than a couple of minutes left), and been instrumental in their wins. That is, in every game (except today since it is Cleveland), the Bears have had a worse defence than Denver put out today, a worse running game, far inferior protection and skilled players for support, yet his offense has done far better (which in this case says a lot because the Bears' offense has been mediocre) than Orton today. Does it mean Denver should dump Orton? No, McD has shown he can work with him. But it certainly means all the threads about Orton's superiority and Cutler's mediocrity are filled by hate and ignorance, and rely on little football facts (i.e. facts that are honest when they compare the performance of both QBs).

Boltjolt
11-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Cutler sucks and is not a big game player. He is in no way close to Rivers as a QB but being on your team you guys drank the koolaid which is expected. Now you see what a wuss and a bad decision maker he is.

Orton isnt fancy by any means but he doesnt kill you with mistakes though he has had some INT's dropped but still,...Cutler was a drive killer in crunch time.

baja
11-01-2009, 05:41 PM
What is interesting about this thread is how it contrasts with the threads regarding today's loss by Denver. All the Orton lovers (whom I have defended to some degree) are giving all kinds of excuses for his mediocre performance, yet he received far more support today than virtually every game Cutler has played this yr with the Bears. Cutler in contrast has kept the Bears competitive in every loss except the Cinci game (in each loss he gave his team a lead with less than a couple of minutes left), and been instrumental in their wins. That is, in every game (except today since it is Cleveland), the Bears have had a worse defence than Denver put out today, a worse running game, far inferior protection and skilled players for support, yet his offense has done far better (which in this case says a lot because the Bears' offense has been mediocre) than Orton today. Does it mean Denver should dump Orton? No, McD has shown he can work with him. But it certainly means all the threads about Orton's superiority and Cutler's mediocrity are filled by hate and ignorance, and rely on little football facts (i.e. facts that are honest when they compare the performance of both QBs).

F^^k logic he dissed us . ;D

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 06:17 PM

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

Merlin
11-01-2009, 06:19 PM
...Cutler was a drive killer in crunch time.
He certainly has a serious problem with judgment in the RZ, however, he has had very poor running game on both his teams in the RZ, so it is hard to know how much of his poor decision making is a result of the cards being dealt. If he does not learn to address that problem (and lets remember that is still young), then I would agree that he will always just be a physically gifted QB that is above avg in the NFL ranks. If he does fix it, then he will become one of the elite 3 in the league.

As to Rivers, I have been critical of him in the past. There was a time where he handled pressure from the D very poorly, but as he aged he solved that problem. His leadership and skills make him a top 10 QB, but he will never be a top 3. That being said, at this moment he is better than Cutler, and the vast majority of all other NFL QBs, Orton included. But you guys still blew it. The guy you dropped was the better QB, and I'm happy to see him gone. Brees is not only a great QB, but a class act, two things Rivers will never be (but he is and will continue to be a VERY good QB).

hookemhess
11-01-2009, 06:24 PM

Decades?

Williams
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Decades?

Yeah... don't you mean centuries?? ???

Boltjolt
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
He certainly has a serious problem with judgment in the RZ, however, he has had very poor running game on both his teams in the RZ, so it is hard to know how much of his poor decision making is a result of the cards being dealt. If he does not learn to address that problem (and lets remember that is still young), then I would agree that he will always just be a physically gifted QB that is above avg in the NFL ranks. If he does fix it, then he will become one of the elite 3 in the league.

As to Rivers, I have been critical of him in the past. There was a time where he handled pressure from the D very poorly, but as he aged he solved that problem. His leadership and skills make him a top 10 QB, but he will never be a top 3. That being said, at this moment he is better than Cutler, and the vast majority of all other NFL QBs, Orton included. But you guys still blew it. The guy you dropped was the better QB, and I'm happy to see him gone. Brees is not only a great QB, but a class act, two things Rivers will never be (but he is and will continue to be a VERY good QB).

Brees isnt really better than Rivers. He just throws more and gets more yards. IMO if Brees is better than Rivers, it is very miniscule and he has been a starter for 4 or 5 more seasons. Rivers will pass him by. He is right there already.
Rivers had a better yards per pass last year than Brees and had he thrown as many passes he would of had more yards and TD's...which he had more of already.
Brees had 3 INT's and a fumble last week. Rivers hasnt thrown 3 INT's in a game EVER in his NFL career and only had 11 all year last season. Only had 9 two seasons ago. Counting today, he has 89 TD passes and 40 INT's in his career. Eli who many think is this great QB has 82 INT's counting today. I think Rivers is much better than Eli.

The only thing Brees does better than Rivers imo is he is more mobile and can avoid a rush better. I dont know why you are happy to see Brees gone. He never won a game against the Broncos.

Rivers is finally getting some recognition around the NFL and rightly so and he will be a top 5 easily...if not a top 3 before it is all said and done. He has a crap OL right now and no running game. And, Brees is a terrific human being and so is Rivers. They are friends. You guys will just never know because of what happened between him and Cutler which...once again, Cutler started and dont want to see anything else.
Rivers has three Daughters, been married since college, doesnt curse and is very curtious. You just dont see it since you dont follow them.

Cutler , no matter what you want to say had a better running game than we did last year and i dont care if you had 6 RB's on IR. Your YPC were much better than ours no matter who you stuck on there because your OL is much better.
You guys would be b****ing non stop if you had our running game the past two seasons.

azbroncfan
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM

First 6 games

There Defense wasn't that great last year and was just considered good on the few years before reputation.

Merlin
11-02-2009, 02:20 PM

First 6 games

This is a perfect example of poor statistical analysis being used to support a biased conclusion. If the argument had any validity there would be two critical numbers 2K totally ignores (and it is unclear whether it is from statistical ignorance or purposely). The two critical questions are, how many points has the D allowed, and how many points has the opposition converted from turnovers. First off, last yr Chicago allowed 14 points in its first six games. Care to guess how many points they allowed in the first six this year? 24. Ten points more per game this yr. As to the giveaways, there are two stats obviously missing from your analysis. How many points has the opposition scored off of Cutler's turnovers? How does the teams OL and running game compare to last yr? Anyone that has watched the Chicago games can tell you Orton would have gotten killed there this yr. The offensive line provides virtually no protection. Cutler's mobility keeps their drives alive almost as much as his arm. Second, the running game is non existent this yr. Forte was a force last yr (no pun intended), but this yr (whether due to the line playing worse or injuries) he is below avg. To assume those changes do not affect turnovers is to not understand the game. There is a reason Cutler was given a hefty extension by the Bears this season despite his Int., and it is because their FO can see how he is able to keep the team alive despite their incompetence, something Orton would never be able to do.

That being said, in McD's system (or any system that gives him excellent protection and only requires short and midrange passes) I think Orton will do well.

And despite Cutler's gifts, he really needs to understand the importance of not turning the ball over in the RZ (even if he doesn't get support for the OL and running game).

rastaman
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
F^^k logic he dissed us . ;D

Meh! Cutler didn't diss us. McD said he wasn't sure Cutler was in the future plans for his NE West coast offense nor could he promise Cutler he wouldn't be traded from year to year, although Cutler was under contract. Cutler just left Denver to go to where he was really WANTED.:thumbs:

rastaman
11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

Yes MFer....I speak INGLISH DO YOU!:wiggle:

Popps
11-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Meh! Cutler didn't diss us. McD said he wasn't sure Cutler was in the future plans for his NE West coast offense nor could he promise Cutler he wouldn't be traded from year to year, although Cutler was under contract.

Cutler just left Denver to go to where he could land a new contract and not be held accountable for his play or his team's results. :

Fixed it up for you.

Bronx33
11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Ha!

Karenin
11-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Brees isnt really better than Rivers.

It's funny that Chargers' fans think that if they repeat this enough, someone might actually think it's true. Next tell us more about how LT is better than Turner and how moon face is better than Schottenheimer.

Circle Orange
11-02-2009, 09:52 PM

Based on absolutely nothing at all other than insane wishful thinking in Chicago. Teams don't just "go" to the superbowl out of nowhere with so many obvious faults.

SI keeps feeding the foolishness.

tsiguy96
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Based on absolutely nothing at all other than insane wishful thinking in Chicago. Teams don't just "go" to the superbowl out of nowhere with so many obvious faults.

SI keeps feeding the foolishness.

yea they bought into the "cutler will turn this 9-7 team into 13-3, despite an aging defense and AWFUL oline" juice.

Circle Orange
11-02-2009, 09:58 PM

Don't you know? Throwing for 4,000 yards in the NAFL (New Arena Football League) where half the qbs have ratings over 90 proves he's great! Just have a big arm! Stand tall and make faces! Wave your arms and yell a lot! Scream at officials, bark at teammates! Point and complain about every ref call! Pose impressively on the sidelines! What other proof be needed?

So what if jerks like Peyton, Eli, Brady, Ben, and Warner have rings. They need to learn what a real franchise qb is!

TonyR
11-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Ron Turner's seat getting warm in Chicago
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 5, 2009 4:52 PM ET

When the Chicago Bears traded for Jay Cutler this off-season, they were supposed to have the final piece of the puzzle in place. Instead, the Bears' offense has been woeful this season, and there's growing talk in Chicago that offensive coordinator Ron Turner is to blame.

Even though the Bears are coming off a 30-6 blowout win over the Browns, Turner has been the object of scorn in the Chicago media this week for the team's lackluster performance on offense. And Neil Hayes of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Turner's is the head most likely to roll after the season if the Bears miss the playoffs.

The Bears likely wouldn't want to buy out the contract of head coach Lovie Smith, and Smith seems to have the complete support of the locker room, so his job appears to be safe. General Manager Jerry Angelo likely wouldn't be the one to go if the Bears make changes after the season, either: Angelo has a contract that runs through 2013. But getting rid of Turner after the season wouldn't be so difficult. And so Turner may be coaching for his job over the rest of the year.

As for Cutler, the Bears have gone all in on their quarterback, so it's up to Turner to find the right way to use Cutler's skills. Cutler said he talked to Turner after the win over the Browns and found him to be frustrated. And Cutler said frustration is exactly what Turner should be feeling right now.

''I talked with him Monday for a long time,'' Cutler said. ''He's just as frustrated as a lot of us are. He's the one calling the shots. Whenever we struggle he's going to be frustrated, and rightly so.''

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/05/ron-turners-seat-getting-warm-in-chicago/

Circle Orange
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
LOL, Don Quixote is loose here and charging this windmill, no matter what anyone says. ROFL!

The NFL isn't Vandy...can't hide. I don't know about his career, but Cutler will be in a body sling by week 12 with that O line.

But I sure those "9" Bears fans will soothe his wounds. Not to mention a few million reasons he left town. SKOAL, Bus Cook! :clown:

jhat01
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
''He's just as frustrated as a lot of us are. He's the one calling the shots. Whenever we struggle he's going to be frustrated, and rightly so.''

Get ready to be tossed headlong under the bus Ronnie! JC6 takes no blame!

Soul-Bronco
11-05-2009, 06:39 PM
LOL jay cutler is a budding coach killer!

RMT
11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Ron Turner's seat getting warm in Chicago
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 5, 2009 4:52 PM ET

When the Chicago Bears traded for Jay Cutler this off-season, they were supposed to have the final piece of the puzzle in place. Instead, the Bears' offense has been woeful this season, and there's growing talk in Chicago that offensive coordinator Ron Turner is to blame.

Even though the Bears are coming off a 30-6 blowout win over the Browns, Turner has been the object of scorn in the Chicago media this week for the team's lackluster performance on offense. And Neil Hayes of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Turner's is the head most likely to roll after the season if the Bears miss the playoffs.

The Bears likely wouldn't want to buy out the contract of head coach Lovie Smith, and Smith seems to have the complete support of the locker room, so his job appears to be safe. General Manager Jerry Angelo likely wouldn't be the one to go if the Bears make changes after the season, either: Angelo has a contract that runs through 2013. But getting rid of Turner after the season wouldn't be so difficult. And so Turner may be coaching for his job over the rest of the year.

As for Cutler, the Bears have gone all in on their quarterback, so it's up to Turner to find the right way to use Cutler's skills. Cutler said he talked to Turner after the win over the Browns and found him to be frustrated. And Cutler said frustration is exactly what Turner should be feeling right now.

''I talked with him Monday for a long time,'' Cutler said. ''He's just as frustrated as a lot of us are. He's the one calling the shots. Whenever we struggle he's going to be frustrated, and rightly so.''

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/05/ron-turners-seat-getting-warm-in-chicago/

"frustrated" is a RELATIVE term ... turner is frustrated that the offense is not performing well

cutler is frustrated with everyone else for making him look so bad.

huge difference

watermock
11-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Shouldn't we be talking about our 3 of 13 performance? Or 7 points?

RMT
11-05-2009, 07:34 PM

yeah, but this is related to the Broncos 1st round draft pick next year, courtesy of the bears

tsiguy96
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM

cutler has 11 interceptions through 7 games. come on, you think hes putting his team in position to win every game he plays?

GreatBronco16
11-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Shouldn't you be at JC6 website gawking over his pics?

Circle Orange
11-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Funny how the previous guy got run out of Chicago with this goober as coodinator...yet, with Cutler it's the coach only. Chi town was so pressed to claim Jaybee a 'messiah' they never looked under the hood. Now it's everyone but the qb...before everything was the qb's fault. Go figure.

When the gloss is off this apple, who's gonna bite it?

Popps
11-05-2009, 09:41 PM

Sure, Mock. You've been waiting all season for a bad day and you finally got it. I can't blame you for wanting to celebrate our failure. You were patiently trashing the team the past 6 months. This is your week, buddy. Enjoy.

Br0nc0Buster
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Funny how the previous guy got run out of Chicago with this goober as coodinator...yet, with Cutler it's the coach only. Chi town was so pressed to claim Jaybee a 'messiah' they never looked under the hood. Now it's everyone but the qb...before everything was the qb's fault. Go figure.

no worries
All Jay needs is a stud oline, stud recievers, stud running game, stud coordinator, and stud defense

Shouldnt take too long

RMT
11-05-2009, 10:12 PM
no worries
All Jay needs is a stud oline, stud recievers, stud running game, stud coordinator, and stud defense

Shouldnt take too long

odd - i thot "franchise QBs" made everyone around them better ...

azbroncfan
11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Sure, Mock. You've been waiting all season for a bad day and you finally got it. I can't blame you for wanting to celebrate our failure. You were patiently trashing the team the past 6 months. This is your week, buddy. Enjoy.

His posting has really dwindled over to the WPR forum until this last week.

Xenos
11-05-2009, 10:47 PM

Brees went to a system that fit him more than the one in San Diego. He's a great QB when he's on his game, but he has problems when his flow get interrupted. He presses too much when that happiness and is more prone to turn over the ball than Rivers is, and isn't the best at making comebacks when the game is on the line. Though how much of that is on him and how much is on the defense, I couldn't say. He is doing a much better job of that this year though, the game against Miami being a great example. But that's after like 8 years starting in the NFL though. Right now they're about equal considering the difference in NFL experience.

Popps
11-06-2009, 01:09 AM
His posting has really dwindled over to the WPR forum until this last week.

He holds the franchise in total disdain. I can't imagine why he posts here, outside of just having nothing else to do.

Popps
11-06-2009, 01:11 AM
odd - i thought "franchise QBs" made everyone around them better ...

ROFL!

Funny.

I spent all off-season warning people about improper use of the word "franchise," and... here we are....

RMT
11-06-2009, 01:14 AM
ROFL!

Funny.

I spent all off-season warning people about improper use of the word "franchise," and... here we are....

thx ... i always felt the title "franchise qb" was something that was to be earned, not something a young qb was anointed with.

Br0nc0Buster
11-06-2009, 06:15 AM
odd - i thot "franchise QBs" made everyone around them better ...

unless you have a really strong arm, then you dont actually have to play at a high level to be a franchise quarterback, just make a few really nice throws here and there for Sportcenter

CEH
11-06-2009, 06:23 AM
CHI has one of the worst RZ % couple that with the fact they are top 6 in number of trips inside the RZ. Forte is not getting the carries but his avergae is similar through 7 games. Last year through seven games, Orton had a 10 and 4 TD/INT ratio Cutler 11/11.

RMT
11-06-2009, 07:53 AM
CHI has one of the worst RZ % couple that with the fact they are top 6 in number of trips inside the RZ. Forte is not getting the carries but his avergae is similar through 7 games. Last year through seven games, Orton had a 10 and 4 TD/INT ratio Cutler 11/11.

rep!

excellent point ... and the one COMMON DENOMINATOR in your analysis is jay cutler ... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.

but like we say in statistics ... torture numbers and they will confess to anything. the fact that cutler supporters go above and beyond in digging for positive statistics only confirms that their position is a very tenuous one.

Gort
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM

the same thing happened here. in his first year, everyone said "he's a rookie. he'll learn and get better". then in year 2, they said "well, this is his first year as a starter. he'll learn and get better". then last year, "it was the defenses' fault." the problem is the sports media has built Cutler up into some sort of near savior for Chicago. once people drink that kool aid, it'll take a couple of years for it to wear off. if only Cutler had better receivers... or a better line... or better coaching... or a running game... etc. around the time his contract runs out, it will begin occurring to Bears fans that perhaps, Cutler is the problem. that's why i expect his next stop to be Oakland. Al Davis is desperate for somebody like Cutler. he will forgive alot.

Soul-Bronco
11-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Truth is only denver fans watch EVERY snap of broncos football. Analyst only see numbers and the highlights thier bosses tell them to show. Chi fans all looked at JC numbers on the internet and pre mature ejaced all over themsleves. If they would of watch every snap im sure they would have had a diffrent opinion of jay baby cutler

Peoples Champ
11-13-2009, 12:37 PM
its still not cutlers fault, haahahaha just kidding.

Peoples Champ
10-04-2010, 02:09 PM
he still needs an Oline

Sassy
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
he still needs an Oline

Even the announcers last night said most of it wasn't the oline's fault. Cutler just plain out took too much time to find an open receiver....granted most of the time they weren't open.

NYBronco
10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Orton has his own oline problems (and noodle arm) with 6 sacks from the Titans and still managed a good game and victory on the road.

Archer81
10-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Even the announcers last night said most of it wasn't the oline's fault. Cutler just plain out took too much time to find an open receiver....granted most of the time they weren't open.

Jay always looks for the big play downfield. Thats not a bad thing, especially when he has the o line in front of him to give him the 5-8 seconds to let the WR get downfield. Chicago does not have that line. Jay wants the 80 yard TD passes. He had several WR's open underneath and didnt even give them a look.

Considering he is a what, 5th year player? He should not be doing that at this point.

Popps
10-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Orton has his own oline problems (and noodle arm) with 6 sacks from the Titans and still managed a good game and victory on the road.

And the worst rushing output since the 1970s.

But, yea... Jay has a rocket arm, so... yea.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Jay always looks for the big play downfield. Thats not a bad thing, especially when he has the o line in front of him to give him the 5-8 seconds to let the WR get downfield. Chicago does not have that line. Jay wants the 80 yard TD passes. He had several WR's open underneath and didnt even give them a look.

Considering he is a what, 5th year player? He should not be doing that at this point.

I was amazed, but Super-Bears Homer Extraordinaire Mike Wilbon even ripped on Cutler's decision making in that game last night. Said the exact same thing: He had receivers underneath, and he was choosing to go long.

Actually seemed a lot like Rex Grossman. "**** it. I'm going long."

Dedhed
10-04-2010, 04:28 PM

That's the difference between a QB and a ball-chucker.

Dedhed
10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Actually seemed a lot like Rex Grossman. "**** it. I'm going long."

That's what happens when you put yourself ahead of the team. Orton was in the same boat in the 1st quarter yesterday, but stayed humble took what the defense gave him and created momentum for his team.

Cutler took it personally, got taken out of the game plan and made things worse for everyone. When he gets smacked around a little, he takes on an "I'll show them persona" that totally disregards the team, it's all about showing off his cannon, or showing up his teammates.

What I wonder is how anyone is surprised by this. He did the exact same thing EVERY TIME he got punched in the mouth while he was here.

Hamrob
10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Cutler got rocked! Hate him all you want...but, not many QB's would have done much better against the Giants last night. Maybe Manning, Brees, but not many.

I really didn't think it was all on the Oline...Jay has to get that ball out of there quicker. The thing I couldn't understand was why they didn't adjust. You could see what Jay was looking at. The rush was coming and his receivers were running 20yd routes.

I think there's alot of shared failure for that game. Jay must take his fair share for not getting the ball out quicker, for not throwing the ball away more and for not being a good leader. Body language says alot and he still plays like a punk....and I'm a fan of his.

When your line is getting schooled you have to pick them up. If they see that you are confident, they'll start playing better.

As much as I like JC..."Come on man"!

Hamrob
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I was amazed, but Super-Bears Homer Extraordinaire Mike Wilbon even ripped on Cutler's decision making in that game last night. Said the exact same thing: He had receivers underneath, and he was choosing to go long.

Actually seemed a lot like Rex Grossman. "**** it. I'm going long."They just showed each of the sacks on the NFLN and sure he had a couple short routes, but they were covered. Most of his WR were running 20 yd routes. Why Martz didn't switch that up and have him start throwing TE dumps, quick slants, outs etc. is beyond me. Sure, Cutler should have thrown more balls into the turf instead of taking the sacks...but, he didn't have guys open down the field. He could have thrown the ball too spots and hoped for the best...but, he probably would have had several more Int's.

Like I said...when you play like the Bears Offense did last night...there's lots of fail to go around.

And yes, so far this Season...Orton is out performing Cutler...there really isn't any argument to be made there!

Circle Orange
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
He just needs a good defense, a good offensive line, a good running game, a #1 receiver. Can anyone think of anything else?

Predictably, I raced gleefully here. Cutler is GREAT, don't you understand? He has a strong arm...he NEEDS nothing else! Ha!

Yes, as Tom Jackson painfully pants at his "skill set" one can only wonder if he is on Cutler's payroll, along with Mariucchi. The slobbering is getting a lil' sticky.

I think Cutler needs a head coach, too...preferably a good one. :clown:

But in truth lady fans find themselves distracted by his bouncing chins. :sunshine:

Rock Chalk
10-04-2010, 05:48 PM
They just showed each of the sacks on the NFLN and sure he had a couple short routes, but they were covered. Most of his WR were running 20 yd routes. Why Martz didn't switch that up and have him start throwing TE dumps, quick slants, outs etc. is beyond me. Sure, Cutler should have thrown more balls into the turf instead of taking the sacks...but, he didn't have guys open down the field. He could have thrown the ball too spots and hoped for the best...but, he probably would have had several more Int's.

Like I said...when you play like the Bears Offense did last night...there's lots of fail to go around.

And yes, so far this Season...Orton is out performing Cutler...there really isn't any argument to be made there!

I watched the game. I saw open receivers in the 5-15 yard range that Cutler never even looked at and they were effing open all night long.

Cutler looked 1 of two places most of the night. Deep and staring at the carpet.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Poor Jay. Welcome to the mike martz offense. You have to get the ball out quick. If your receivers aren't open you throw interceptions. If you hold it you get killed because Martz likes to send everyone down the field. Getting Mike Martz was the worst thing that could happen to him. He can't get mad about it publically because then he becomes Jeff George. He's living in his own Kobayashi Maru.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2010, 06:17 PM
They just showed each of the sacks on the NFLN and sure he had a couple short routes, but they were covered. Most of his WR were running 20 yd routes. Why Martz didn't switch that up and have him start throwing TE dumps, quick slants, outs etc. is beyond me. Sure, Cutler should have thrown more balls into the turf instead of taking the sacks...but, he didn't have guys open down the field. He could have thrown the ball too spots and hoped for the best...but, he probably would have had several more Int's.

Or keep people in to block...ya know. Teach them to read the blitzs.

Circle Orange
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Poor Jay. Welcome to the mike martz offense. You have to get the ball out quick. If your receivers aren't open you throw interceptions. If you hold it you get killed because Martz likes to send everyone down the field. Getting Mike Martz was the worst thing that could happen to him. He can't get mad about it publically because then he becomes Jeff George. He's living in his own Kobayashi Maru.

The boy's just slow...some of those pass rushes were RIGHT IN HIS FACE and he STILL didn't move, taking the sack.But it was a joy seeing him kiss the carpet so many times. :clown:

baja
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM

I really respect Orton and am glad he's the guy for us but can you imagine if Cutler had made the effort to stay in Denver what his game would look like today.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I really respect Orton and am glad he's the guy for us but can you imagine if Cutler had made the effort to stay in Denver what his game would look like today.

It'd be the same.

baja
10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Or keep people in to block...ya know. Teach them to read the blitzs.

Read blitzs???
Dude they were sending the house. Only way to beat that is quick outs but Jay/Martz didn't do that so NY jut kept doing what was working.

What I wonder is if Jay really had a concussion or was he hiding in the shower?

Hamrob
10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
No, I think Cutler would be looking pretty good had he stayed. It's the leadership that's the real issue. You have to pick guys up and get them to fight for you. I'm sorry to say...I just don't see that in Jay.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2010, 06:35 PM
What I wonder is if Jay really had a concussion or was he hiding in the shower?

Either way....he earned it.

Hamrob
10-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Read blitzs???
Dude they were sending the house. Only way to beat that is quick outs but Jay/Martz didn't do that so NY jut kept doing what was working.

What I wonder is if Jay really had a concussion or was he hiding in the shower?You know, when they first said that he wasn't coming out for the 2nd half...I wondered if he hadn't given up.

If they guy is defeated...and you can see it on his face...then, I'd tell him to take the rest of the night off too. To me, he looked like he wanted to quit.

baja
10-04-2010, 06:45 PM
<b>You know, when they first said that he wasn't coming out for the 2nd half...I wondered if he hadn't given up. </b>

If they guy is defeated...and you can see it on his face...then, I'd tell him to take the rest of the night off too. To me, he looked like he wanted to quit.

I should make a poll I bet alot of people here had that thought.

McDman
10-04-2010, 09:16 PM
No, I think Cutler would be looking pretty good had he stayed. It's the leadership that's the real issue. You have to pick guys up and get them to fight for you. I'm sorry to say...I just don't see that in Jay.

I disagree. He's always going to be a Qb with a huge upside as well as a huge downside. When he drops back he back peddles, that's a major no-no if you're a qb. It makes you throw off of your back foot which makes your passes quite a bit more inaccurate.

I actually heard Elway talking about this and he said it needed to be fixed. I honetly think the guy just doesn't have the heart to work hard enough to become an elite qb despite having the natural talent. He'd rather date reality tv stars and get drunk.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-04-2010, 09:18 PM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/92D15qtI_Gk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/92D15qtI_Gk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

TonyR
10-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Ditka and Kurt Warner criticizing Cutler.

Former Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka said he would have gone ballistic if he had been on the sideline Sunday night when the Bears lost 17-3 to the New York Giants.

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was sacked nine times, and Ditka said part of the problem was the time it took Cutler to release the ball.

"I don't think anybody was open downfield, because they had seven in coverage, but the quarterback has to get the ball out of his hands, too," Ditka said Monday on "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on ESPN Radio. "He looked like he was not even aware of the pressure around him.

"That's all part of football, the quarterback has to have that little clock in his head that says 'I have to get rid of the football.' Jay Cutler didn't have it yesterday, that's for sure. "

Former NFL MVP Kurt Warner played in offensive coordinator Mike Martz's system and agrees with Ditka.

"[The Bears] are going to keep the pedal down, they're going to continue to take chances but so much of it as a quarterback is just making quick decisions, understanding what's going on up front and that you can't sit back and just wait for the big play every time," Warner said Monday on "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on ESPN Radio. "Sometimes you've just got to say it's not there initially, let's just get the ball out of my hands and let somebody else do something with it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5647783

barryr
10-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Some QB's are more worried about style points and trying to make the impossible throws instead of just taking what the defense gives you.

jhns
10-05-2010, 06:43 AM
I honetly think the guy just doesn't have the heart to work hard enough to become an elite qb despite having the natural talent. He'd rather date reality tv stars and get drunk.

Don't worry, that is just you trying to validate the trade. It is funny that you guys can't do that while being honest.

You do know Cutler was considered one of the hardest workers here, right? You do know that he hasn't even taken an offseason because he works the entire time, right? One season he came here to learn a system. Then he went to Atlanta the next year with teammates. Then he came here to learn McDaniels system this past season. That sure sounds like a guy that isn't willing to put in the work. All of the guys that don't want to work put in a ton more hours than required, during vacation time....

LOL

You girls are just funny.

TotallyScrewed
10-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Ditka and Kurt Warner criticizing Cutler.

Ditka said part of the problem was the time it took Cutler to release the ball.

"I don't think anybody was open downfield, because they had seven in coverage, but the quarterback has to get the ball out of his hands, too," Ditka said Monday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5647783

I agree with this. The other part of the problem is his o-line sucks. But whatever.

Continue to hit each other with the Nerf batons.

Bahshay
10-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Don't worry, that is just you trying to validate the trade. It is funny that you guys can't do that while being honest.

You do know Cutler was considered one of the hardest workers here, right? You do know that he hasn't even taken an offseason because he works the entire time, right? One season he came here to learn a system. Then he went to Atlanta the next year with teammates. Then he came here to learn McDaniels system this past season. That sure sounds like a guy that isn't willing to put in the work. All of the guys that don't want to work put in a ton more hours than required, during vacation time....

LOL

You girls are just funny.

If he is working that hard and still hasn't fixed his flaws, then the trade is validated because he just isn't a good enough QB.

I'm not talking about the throwing into coverage and trying to do too much. That is just his style and, like Favre, that will never change. You simply hope the good outweighs the bad with that. But if he is putting in that much work and can't stop back-pedaling and throwing off his back foot, he simply isn't as talented as his arm strength suggests.

I had high hopes for the guy when he was here, but at some point you have to wonder why the 4th year quarterback is still making so many rookie mistakes.

jhns
10-05-2010, 07:03 AM
If he is working that hard and still hasn't fixed his flaws, then the trade is validated because he just isn't a good enough QB.

I'm not talking about the throwing into coverage and trying to do too much. That is just his style and, like Favre, that will never change. You simply hope the good outweighs the bad with that. But if he is putting in that much work and can't stop back-pedaling and throwing off his back foot, he simply isn't as talented as his arm strength suggests.

I had high hopes for the guy when he was here, but at some point you have to wonder why the 4th year quarterback is still making so many rookie mistakes.

Cutler is not the first QB that didn't play with perfect mechanics. In fact, there are multiple HOF QBs, incuding Elway, that didn't throw the "right way" all the time. Elway would throw it the "wrong way" up until he retired. It is what QBs with big arms do. They don't have to plant the same to get the ball down field.

Anyways, here is where you lose me. Cutler is 3-0 when he plays an entire game this year. Cutler has led 2 4th quarter comebacks in the 3 games he has finished. He did all of this with a **** offense around him. Yes, he will need to get rid of the ball sooner but he is playing way better than Orton did last season and has the same amount of experience as Orton did last season. If he is that far behind in his developement then Orton must also be a lost cause that will never be good.

Again, you guys try validating this trade with the dumbest logic.

Eldorado
10-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Orton had a rating of 101.8 through 4 games last year. So Cutler is not playing way better than Orton through the given time period. You fail.

Missouribronc
10-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Orton had a rating of 101.8 through 4 games last year. So Cutler is not playing way better than Orton through the given time period. You fail.

Oh my.

Bahshay
10-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Cutler is not the first QB that didn't play with perfect mechanics. In fact, there are multiple HOF QBs, incuding Elway, that didn't throw the "right way" all the time. Elway would throw it the "wrong way" up until he retired. It is what QBs with big arms do. They don't have to plant the same to get the ball down field.

Anyways, here is where you lose me. Cutler is 3-0 when he plays an entire game this year. Cutler has led 2 4th quarter comebacks in the 3 games he has finished. Yes, he will need to get rid of the ball sooner but he is playing way better than Orton did last season and has the same amount of experience as Orton did last season. If he is that far behind in his developement then Orton must also be a lost cause that will never be good.
Again, you guys try validating this trade with the dumbest logic.

Dumb logic? You're considering him a good QB because he is 3-0 this year. The Bears are 21st in the league in scoring offense. They are 10th in scoring defense. Which side of the ball is 3-1?

3-0 when he plays an entire game is another good one. You claim my logic is dumb, and then you choose to throw away Cutler's last awful performance because it was only half of a game? The game went into halftime 3-0. Jay had half the game to give his team a lead and he failed.

You're right, Elway wasn't perfect and is still a HOF and arguably the best QB ever. Wtf does that have to do with Cutler? Just because one guy can do it doesn't mean everyone can. It is ridiculous to believe Cutler can do it because Elway did.

Orton is a lost cause? At the quarter turn, he is in the MVP discussion. What's Cutler doing?

jhns
10-05-2010, 07:23 AM

Cutler has a better rating with way less talent around him....

You fail.

jhns
10-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Dumb logic? You're considering him a good QB because he is 3-0 this year. The Bears are 21st in the league in scoring offense. They are 10th in scoring defense. Which side of the ball is 3-1?

3-0 when he plays an entire game is another good one. You claim my logic is dumb, and then you choose to throw away Cutler's last awful performance because it was only half of a game? The game went into halftime 3-0. Jay had half the game to give his team a lead and he failed.

You're right, Elway wasn't perfect and is still a HOF and arguably the best QB ever. Wtf does that have to do with Cutler? Just because one guy can do it doesn't mean everyone can. It is ridiculous to believe Cutler can do it because Elway did.

Orton is a lost cause? At the quarter turn, he is in the MVP discussion. What's Cutler doing?

Orton being a lost cause is proof of that logic being dumb....

You are claiming it is dumb to take out the last game but it is pretty easy to show that Cutler has been his best late in games. He has won two with fourth quarter comebacks. You show their scoring and such when it went down becuase Cutler didn't play most of the last game. Notice how the offense never picked up without him and they didn't have a chance in the 4th. I would say the last game is great proof of the impact Cutler has on that team. He isn't there, they don't win. He is there, they do. Pretty simple stuff.

The Elway thing proves that a QB doesn't have to have great mechanics or they will fail, as was being said. Is that really hard to figure out?

Eldorado
10-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Man, that was a great trade. I can't believe there are still retards out there dangling from cutler's nuts. Even the media is bashing cutler now.

jhns
10-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Man, that was a great trade. I can't believe there are still retards out there dangling from cutler's nuts. Even the media is bashing cutler now.

LOL

The same media you guys call retarded with every article they write? Now they are proof of something?

LOL

You do know McDaniels, Elway, Shanahan, Bowlen, and others that are actually in the NFL have lots of good things to say about Cutler, right? The media and you guys know more about football and playing QB though. We should just listen to the crybabies that got their feelings hurt by a player...

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 07:36 AM

Getting rid of Cutler will go down as one of the best moves in franchise history.

Missouribronc
10-05-2010, 07:37 AM
LOL

The same media you guys call retarded with every article they write? Now they are proof of something?

LOL

You do know McDaniels, Elway, Shanahan, Bowlen, and others that are actually in the NFL have lots of good things to say about Cutler, right? The media and you guys know more about football and playing QB though. We should just listen to the crybabies that got their feelings hurt by a player...

Or we could listen to you, who is clearly objective.

Carry on.

jhns
10-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Or we could listen to you, who is clearly objective.

Carry on.

It is pretty easy to show that you guys don't even believe most of the crap you spew. It is also easy to prove you guys don't really think we have won that trade yet.

Just look at the Marshall situation. It looks like we have actually replaced him with good players and now no one cares about him. He isn't discussed anymore and arguments don't break out the few times he is mentioned. None of this is true with Cutler. This is because you guys aren't over Cutler like everyone got over Marshall...

Eldorado
10-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Getting rid of Cutler will go down as one of the best moves in franchise history.

1) Trading for Elway.
2) Trading for Champ.
3) Dumping the 'Frown Cannon'.

3 could move up to 2, depending on the next couple of years.

Peoples Champ
10-05-2010, 08:08 AM

I know I am being sarcastic

Bahshay
10-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Orton being a lost cause is proof of that logic being dumb....

You are claiming it is dumb to take out the last game but it is pretty easy to show that Cutler has been his best late in games. He has won two with fourth quarter comebacks. You show their scoring and such when it went down becuase Cutler didn't play most of the last game. Notice how the offense never picked up without him and they didn't have a chance in the 4th. I would say the last game is great proof of the impact Cutler has on that team. He isn't there, they don't win. He is there, they do. Pretty simple stuff.

The Elway thing proves that a QB doesn't have to have great mechanics or they will fail, as was being said. Is that really hard to figure out?

Never picked it up without him? It never picked up WITH him. The offense scored more without him that game. If he had done ANYTHING in the first half of the game, they wouldn't have needed a 4th quarter comeback. He was there half the game, they didn't just fall apart after he was knocked out.

The team scoring went down with him in the game as well. Again, 0 points in the first half. I repeat, since this is lost on you somehow, 0 points with Cutler in the first half.

Man, do most people just put you on ignore right away, or what?

Mediator12
10-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Cutler was great in 2008 due to the New offensive system. No one had tape of it, and the first four games of that year produced 36% of the points scored in the season. They were below average after that first 4 games with a scheme and tape advantage.

In 2009, he was flat terrible with a terrible OC in Ron Turner. No reason to even try and defend that poor offense he was running.

This year, he gets Mike Martz's high risk/high reward offense. To date he has played well in it, that is until he led the CHI offense to 22 yards of offense in the first half. He is going to get massacred in that offense if he does not get the ball out on his last drop step. That is exactly what happened last week. They made Cutler be a check down type QB, and he would not adjust. Exactly what teams did to him in 2008. Heavy doses of 2 deep zone and pressure.

Cutler has all types of skills as a passer, what he lacks is the ability to beat you in many different ways like the elite QB's in this league. Heck, Aaron Rodgers won a game throwing 3 TD's on 18 passes last week. He had to play the way the defense was giving him plays. Jay Cutler does not have the patience, mentality, or common sense to do just that. If he ever does, then we can talk. Until then, you are just a bunch of hot air with an opinion.

HAT
10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Cutler is 3-0 when he plays an entire game this year. .

Hilarious!

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Well said Med. You are a shutdown poster

Cutler was great in 2008 due to the New offensive system. No one had tape of it, and the first four games of that year produced 36% of the points scored in the season. They were below average after that first 4 games with a scheme and tape advantage.

In 2009, he was flat terrible with a terrible OC in Ron Turner. No reason to even try and defend that poor offense he was running.

This year, he gets Mike Martz's high risk/high reward offense. To date he has played well in it, that is until he led the CHI offense to 22 yards of offense in the first half. He is going to get massacred in that offense if he does not get the ball out on his last drop step. That is exactly what happened last week. They made Cutler be a check down type QB, and he would not adjust. Exactly what teams did to him in 2008. Heavy doses of 2 deep zone and pressure.

Cutler has all types of skills as a passer, what he lacks is the ability to beat you in many different ways like the elite QB's in this league. Heck, Aaron Rodgers won a game throwing 3 TD's on 18 passes last week. He had to play the way the defense was giving him plays. Jay Cutler does not have the patience, mentality, or common sense to do just that. If he ever does, then we can talk. Until then, you are just a bunch of hot air with an opinion.

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Man, do most people just put you on ignore right away, or what?

Yes, they do. I get a kick out of watching people fall on their face, so I still look at his posts.

But even I'm getting tired of him. He's too dumb to even realize he's being made a fool. It's funnier when people get all embarrassed when they fall. He doesn't even realize he's fallen.

Bronco Boy
10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Cutler is 3-0 when he plays an entire game this year.

Yes, and I personally am undefeated as a starting QB in the NFL. Entire game or not. So me > Cutler.

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:01 AM
LOL @ the stupidity of this site.

You guys spend way to much time trying to validate this move. No one that really believes it was a good move would care so much about it.

Keep reaching though. Someday you will convince yourselves.

Bronco Boy
10-05-2010, 09:03 AM

You guys spend way to much time trying to validate this move. No one that really believes it was a good move would care so much about it.

Feel free to leave at any time.

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Feel free to leave at any time.

Why would I leave?

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Yes, and I personally am undefeated as a starting QB in the NFL. Entire game or not. So me > Cutler.

Really? So 0-0 is better than 3-0?

That is an intelligent argument.

Bronco Boy
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Really? So 0-0 is better than 3-0?

That is an intelligent argument.

I don't think you understand my statistic. I am undefeated as a starting QB in the NFL over my entire career. Cutler is not. Therefore, Me > Cutler.

This statistic is about as useful as your 3-0 when finishing the game crap stat.

Mediator12
10-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Not really. We spend entirely too much time trying to respond to you and your one sided arguments. It is a social phenomenon, very likely on an internet fan site.

The thing is, people keep trying to change your deluded mind. However, you are so closed and determined it will never happen. You get a kick out of being contrary and demeaning. You love to tear people down and think you build yourself up by doing it. Good luck with that!

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't think you understand my statistic. I am undefeated as a starting QB in the NFL over my entire career. Cutler is not. Therefore, Me > Cutler.

This statistic is about as useful as your 3-0 when finishing the game crap stat.

LOL

OK, fine. Use the loss against Cutler. The two fourth quarter comebacks in three games(with the other not needing it) doesn't mean that he is playing his best ball late in games (when QBs are needed most). He lost the game even though he wasn't in for the majority of the game. What a great argument you have going.

"My 0 wins in the NFL is better than his 3 wins!"

LOL

Bronco Boy
10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
LOL

OK, fine. Use the loss against Cutler. The two fourth quarter comebacks in three games(with the other not needing it) doesn't mean that he is playing his best ball late in games (when QBs are needed most). He lost the game even though he wasn't in for the majority of the game. What a great argument you have going.

"My 0 wins in the NFL is better than his 3 wins!"

LOL

See, but you are twisting my statistic. I am UNDEFEATED as a starting QB in the NFL. My 0 losses in the NFL is better than Cutlers who knows how many losses.

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Not really. We spend entirely too much time trying to respond to you and your one sided arguments. It is a social phenomenon, very likely on an internet fan site.

The thing is, people keep trying to change your deluded mind. However, you are so closed and determined it will never happen. You get a kick out of being contrary and demeaning. You love to tear people down and think you build yourself up by doing it. Good luck with that!

LOL

I have not started a single Cutler thread through the history of this site. I was not involved in a lot of them until they were already pages long. You keep thinking people only talk about it to argue with me...

I tear people down? I always talked football with no insults. This site responded to my posts with exactly what I repond with now. You guys are not capable of having a rationale discussion when it comes to a large variety of topics. You guys do nothing but troll, talk ****, and call other posters childish names. I respond in kind and I am the devil. It is funny how sensitive the **** talkers are. If you respond to my posts without the whining and **** talking, I have no problem discussing the topics in a rationale and nice manner. That just doesn't play here. Not when it comes to stuff like this.

go_broncos
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Cutler will be responsible in getting Lovie fired.
I am glad that Mcd traded him.
Couple of things i will not question him is about the QB's and WR's he choses.

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:32 AM
See, but you are twisting my statistic. I am UNDEFEATED as a starting QB in the NFL. My 0 losses in the NFL is better than Cutlers who knows how many losses.

See but you are just twisting my statistics. Your 0 wins in the NFL are worse than Ryan Leafs who knows how many wins. That is just sad. You are a ****ty QB.

Bronco Boy
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
See but you are just twisting my statistics. Your 0 wins in the NFL are worse than Ryan Leafs who knows how many wins. That is just sad. You are a ****ty QB.

I agree, Ryan Leaf is definitely a better QB than me. What are you trying to say exactly?

Br0nc0Buster
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
TwinCities is pretty solid actually, I could be mistaken but if my sources are correct I believe he is undefeated as a starter in the NFL

Eldorado
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
jhns = cutler's fluffer.

Mediator12
10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
LOL

I have not started a single Cutler thread through the history of this site. I was not involved in a lot of them until they were already pages long. You keep thinking people only talk about it to argue with me...

I tear people down? I always talked football with no insults. This site responded to my posts with exactly what I repond with now. You guys are not capable of having a rationale discussion when it comes to a large variety of topics. You guys do nothing but troll, talk ****, and call other posters childish names. I respond in kind and I am the devil. It is funny how sensitive the **** talkers are. If you respond to my posts without the whining and **** talking, I have no problem discussing the topics in a rationale and nice manner. That just doesn't play here. Not when it comes to stuff like this.

Case in point, I said nothing about Cutler here. You generalize with "you guys", and "this site" and such. You create a you versus "us" mentality.

It's your condescending, one-sided, know it all attitude that you have become. Your points notwithstanding, and some have merit mind you, you are an adversary around here. And, you seem to relish that fact. If you truly want to talk football, and not just be noticed, you can do that whenever you want. Even, with "stuff like this". To date, it does not happen much anymore.

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I agree, Ryan Leaf is definitely a better QB than me. What are you trying to say exactly?

I am saying that we should start a Leaf movement. It wouldn't hurt to bring in competition.

Eldorado
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Case in point, I said nothing about Cutler here. You generalize with "you guys", and "this site" and such. You create a you versus "us" mentality.

It's your condescending, one-sided, know it all attitude that you have become. Your points notwithstanding, and some have merit mind you, you are an adversary around here. And, you seem to relish that fact. If you truly want to talk football, and not just be noticed, you can do that whenever you want. Even, with "stuff like this". To date, it does not happen much anymore.

BAM!!

wonderful, wonderful pwnage.

jhns
10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
If you truly want to talk football, and not just be noticed, you can do that whenever you want. Even, with "stuff like this". To date, it does not happen much anymore.

No, I really can't. Why would I try having a rationale discussion as a bunch of people are trolling my posts? That is exactly what happens becuase I don't agree with the Cutler trade. This is a sin in these parts. I'm not disagreeing with most of what you're saying. I'm just explaining why things are the way they are. I make sure that I enjoy my time here. It is as simple as that.

bowtown
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
No, I really can't. Why would I try having a rationale discussion as a bunch of people are trolling my posts? That is exactly what happens becuase I don't agree with the Cutler trade. This is a sin in these parts. I'm not disagreeing with most of what you're saying. I'm just explaining why things are the way they are. I make sure that I enjoy my time here. It is as simple as that.

But you don't enjoy your time here. You post out of a desperate necessity to get a rise out of people so that you can experience a reaction-any reaction- even if negative, because it's virtually the only attention you get from anyone at all in your miserable life. You would cry yourself to sleep most nights, if you still had enough emotion in you to actually cry, and you just generally feel very alone most of the time... but you aren't alone. You can get help for it. Just try. Life doesn't have to be like this.

Popps
10-05-2010, 10:06 AM
But you don't enjoy your time here. You post out of a desperate necessity to get a rise out of people so that you can experience a reaction-any reaction- even if negative, because it's virtually the only attention you get from anyone at all in your miserable life. You would cry yourself to sleep most nights, if you still had enough emotion in you to actually cry, and you just generally feel very alone most of the time... but you aren't alone. You can get help for it. Just try. Life doesn't have to be like this.

/Thread.

jhns
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM

LOL

You would think that I would be here more than just 8-5 on business days if I was that lonely. At least you are creative though.

bowtown
10-05-2010, 11:29 AM
LOL

You would think that I would be here more than just 8-5 on business days if I was that lonely. At least you are creative though.

And judging by how much you are on here between those hours, you seem to get no drive or passion from your professional life either. It must seem really dark behind your eyes sometimes. It just takes a phone call, dude. Do it for yourself.

jhns
10-05-2010, 11:33 AM
And judging by how much you are on here between those hours, you seem to get no drive or passion from your professional life either. It must seem really dark behind your eyes sometimes. It just takes a phone call, dude. Do it for yourself.

Who am I calling?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
LOL

Football take?

I would guess that half your post count is from posts like this. Just "Well I was fine before so and so called me a name, and then I started calling him a name. But he did it first!" nonsense.

Fact is, if you were really here to talk football, you could do so with impunity. You choose not to. You'd rather bait discussion with bull**** and baseless arguments.

In fact, much like your hero Jay Cutler, nothing is ever your fault. Hmmmm.

jhns
10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Football take?

Football take?

bowtown
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Who am I calling?

http://www.aplaceofhopefordepression.com/?gclid=CIXL2p-vvKQCFQo65QodrWv81w

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Football take?

Yep. We're waiting.

Eldorado
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Jays goin' semi, jhns. Get to fluffin'.

jhns
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Yep. We're waiting.

Football take?

jhns
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM

I got nowhere trying to dial that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM

LOL ROFL! :strong:

Ray Finkle
10-06-2010, 08:08 AM

Just put him on ignore Med. 90% of the site already has.

TonyR
10-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Collinsworth also pointed out that Sunday night's sack-fest at the New Meadowlands Stadium, which left Cutler with a concussion, may have strained the relationship between Martz and his new quarterback.

"I'm sure Mike Martz is sitting there going, probably not to Jay but, 'Why did he do that? Like we all were, 'Why was he holding the ball? Why was he not reading it quickly?' Because Martz had talked to us about he couldn't believe how quickly Jay was picking up the offense and knowing when he had to get the ball out of his hands and knowing when he could work it down the field and it was just the complete opposite of that in this game and I'm sure somewhere in the back of Jay Cutlers mind he's thinking, 'Is Mike Martz going to get me killed?'"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/collinsworth-thinks-bears-should-bring-in-warner-to-tutor-cutler/

Chris
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
This thread is.......

http://www.athlonelite.com/wp-content/uploads/image/Abs%20-%20Female.jpg
http://whataboutthat.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/cheerio600.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/06/30/gallery.scrambling/scrambling_flutie.jpg

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/creation/amber_work.jpg
http://historicromance.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/gigantic-ass.jpg

Absoflutie amberass!

Raidersbane
10-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Baltimore fans have great respect for Peyton and now I'm thinkin Josh McDaniels has made a major mistake. As a matter of fact, I'm startin ta think that McDaniels is a douche.

DivineBronco
10-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Baltimore fans have great respect for Peyton and now I'm thinkin Josh McDaniels has made a major mistake. As a matter of fact, I'm startin ta think that McDaniels is a douche.

what?

bowtown
10-13-2010, 06:11 AM
what?

I think he's refering to a parallel universe in which Josh McDaniels traded away Peyton Manning and anyone actually gives a **** what Baltimore fans think.

DivineBronco
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
I think he's refering to a parallel universe in which Josh McDaniels traded away Peyton Manning and anyone actually gives a **** what Baltimore fans think.

ok glad to know i wasn't the only one who missed the point on this one

Irish Stout
10-13-2010, 12:47 PM

Is this Mock's alterego?