PDA

View Full Version : The Overly Dramatic Referee

listopencil
10-25-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm watching SF @ HOU and I see that one of my favorite refs is calling the game. I don't know his name, he's a black guy and he usually announces the penalties. Anybody familiar with him? Earlier there was a Pass Interference call made. Cracked me up. He made the hand motion for the call...said "Pass Interference...." and he had his right arm parallel to his waist. He began pointing in the direction of the D, then whipped his arm around and pointed the other way, said,"...Offense!"

Anybody watching 9ers at Houston? He just made an Unnecessary Roughness call at the end of the game.

jhat01
10-25-2009, 01:14 PM
i think his last name is Carey

listopencil
10-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Cool, thanks.

TexanBob
10-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Mike Carey. IMO, one of the best in the NFL. This year, there's another black guy named Carey who is also the referee for NFL games but he is chubbier and lighter-skinned than Mike.

But if you want drama from a referee, here's Ben Dreith:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eslz06J9hFw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eslz06J9hFw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

listopencil
10-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Mike Carey. IMO, one of the best in the NFL. This year, there's another black guy named Carey who is also the referee for NFL games but he is chubbier and lighter-skinned than Mike.

Ah, OK. Mike Carey. I like the guy. Speaks very clearly, crisp hand gestures, flair for the dramatic.

bombay
10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Carey's a good official.

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 01:45 PM
My favorite is the black guy with the lisp!

Oh dear lord that leads to some hilarious calls...

"Offthides... numbah thixty three fiye yard penalty. Replay firtht down"

Rock Chalk
10-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Mike Carey is my favorite referree in the NFL.

Him and Hochuli. Hochuli made a mistake last year but that dude is as consistent as they come and between him and Carey they are the two best Ref's in the businesss IMO.

DarkHorse
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Agree, Carey is my favorite current official. In the past my all time favorite ref was Jerry Seeman.

BlaK-Argentina
10-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Mike Carey is my favorite referree in the NFL.

Him and Hochuli. Hochuli made a mistake last year but that dude is as consistent as they come and between him and Carey they are the two best Ref's in the businesss IMO.

I agree. Carey is fun though. It can be a 40-3 game but he stills does his dramatic calls. :giggle:

Inkana7
10-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh! Are you talking about ridiculously in shape black ref? I love that guy.

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh! Are you talking about ridiculously in shape black ref? I love that guy.

Could be. I'm usually too busy laughing at the effeminate lisp to notice anything else.

bamanjam
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Come on, y'all by far the best ref is Hochulli. According to all Chargers fans, he is our savior...

listopencil
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Come on, y'all by far the best ref is Hochulli. According to all Chargers fans, he is our savior...

I like the guy, regardless of the Charger call. He did admit that he screwed up badly.

missingnumber7
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
I like the guy, regardless of the Charger call. He did admit that he screwed up badly.

And he still messed up the situation because the call should have been an in advertant whistle.

But all in all Ed is a standup guy and official.

bamanjam
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Agreed. I think Ed is one of the best. I just couldn't resist a cheap Charger shot...

And he still messed up the situation because the call should have been an in advertant whistle.

But all in all Ed is a standup guy and official.