PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's Top 10 QBs List

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I've caught quite a few references to this during "game breaks" and the half-time show, but I missed it this morning.

Did anyone happen to catch it and can reconstruct the list as best as possible?

Conklin
10-25-2009, 12:13 PM
peyton
brees
eli
favre
orton
brady
big ben
shaub, flacco, & ryan (8-10, can't remember order)

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 12:17 PM
peyton
brees
eli
favre
orton
brady
big ben
shaub, flacco, & ryan (8-10, can't remember order)

Thanks. Can't imagine Brady OUTSIDE the top 5, though.

Conklin
10-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks. Can't imagine Brady OUTSIDE the top 5, though.

he was called out on that, responded that orton beat him head to head

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 12:20 PM
he was called out on that, responded that orton beat him head to head

Would personally still put him ahead of Eli, Favre and Orton...

NYBronco
10-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Brady hasn't looked that good today. Two picks and one in the red zone. But I'm sure its because he still is feeling the effects of last years injury and is still rusty.

theAPAOps5
I missed it and was curious what he would say regarding Orton. I was surprised he even listed him. But yeah Brady is a top 5 QB.

The Joker
Any list that doesn't have Peyton, Brady and Brees as the top 3 is absolutely retarded.

I like Orton, but one victory in a head to head makes him better than Tom Brady?

Surely Sanchez must be better than Brady too then?

Conklin
10-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Any list that doesn't have Peyton, Brady and Brees as the top 3 is absolutely retarded.

I like Orton, but one victory in a head to head makes him better than Tom Brady?

this is just through the first 6 weeks, not all time, used stats like sacks taken, passer rating, and ints thrown as important as well

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 12:27 PM

Eh... that's taking that comparison and twisting it a bit too far.

Orton's been playing safe to excellent football all season, and recently has been terrific. Sanchez... not so much.

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Come on Minnesota.............

NYBronco
10-25-2009, 12:43 PM

And Peyton... who has he played this year? At least Orton played through an injury to his throwing hand.

I think the list is made up more with respect to the first 6 weeks of the 2009 season and not based on past history performance.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Brady hasn't looked that good today. Two picks and one in the red zone. But I'm sure its because he still is feeling the effects of last years injury and is still rusty.

Nice. My sarcasm button just broke again.

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Brady is a product of alot of Shuck and jive and a system that propped him up. Now without Josh he has again appeared mortal and the Mancrushers can't cope! Orton would never have been on anybody's top list..even Chicago's without McD's system helping him out. Funny Josh beat Bill and everybody thinks the Pats are Passe' (I agree) then they get two Junior Colege teams in the Titans and the Bucs and they are on the top of the world again! Typical Pats love from the media..heaven forbid Boomer not jump back on that BandWagon!

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Brady is a product of alot of Shuck and jive and a system that propped him up. Now without Josh he has again appeared mortal and the Mancrushers can't cope! Orton would never have been on anybody's top list..even Chicago's without McD's system helping him out. Funny Josh beat Bill and everybody thinks the Pats are Passe' (I agree) then they get two Junior Colege teams in the Titans and the Bucs and they are on the top of the world again! Typical Pats love from the media..heaven forbid Boomer not jump back on that BandWagon!

You're aware that he's thrown for 2032 yards, 15 TDs and 4 INTs, and rushed for another TD, right?

Rock Chalk
10-25-2009, 01:58 PM
I dont know, this year for this year only, thats a pretty good top 10.

Miss I.
10-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I think Brady's a great QB, but while today was not a great night for him, he put up some serious yardage. The field I swear looked like the guys were slipping on it. Tampa Bay is really bad, they had turnovers from NE and could not capitalize, bad, very bad.

At any rate, I would say if you were spotlighting Tom's performance this season, top 10, but maybe not top 5, he's a bit off right now. Overall, in his career, no doubt he's top 5, system or no.

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 02:14 PM
You're aware that he's thrown for 2032 yards, 15 TDs and 4 INTs, and rushed for another TD, right?

take away the 6 against Tenessee (both starting corners out and Offense always has the advantage on snow) and the 3 against The JV team Tampa Bay... how many yards and TDs does that leave him? How about the ones against the Bills? (1-20 combined record) Good quality opposition there! Take away those games and he has how many against Us, Jets and Atlanta? 4? 5 tds? That is damn impressive! I stand corrected!

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 02:19 PM
take away the 6 against Tenessee (both starting corners out and Offense always has the advantage on snow) and the 3 against The JV team Tampa Bay... how many yards and TDs does that leave him? How about the ones against the Bills? (1-20 combined record) Good quality opposition there! Take away those games and he has how many against Us, Jets and Atlanta? 4? 5 tds? That is damn impressive! I stand corrected!

This is absurd... so we're cancelling out half his stats because you feel they don't apply, but leaving everyone else's in tact?

How many "JV" teams has everyone on that list played?

Peyton? Brees? Eli? Favre?

Answer: Many

Orton's played the least amount of scrub teams and that number is still 2 (potentially 3 if the Cowboys keeping looking this poor)

Gort
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Would personally still put him ahead of Eli, Favre and Orton...

it's a list based ONLY on the first 6 weeks of this season. that's how he ranks them so far. nothing about prior achievements was considered.

Drek
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Where's that franchise QB we traded this off-season? I'd assume a franchise QB who nets you a starting QB in the top 10, two firsts, and a third would be somewhere on this list.

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Cleveland isn't as bad as the Bills (Their only win) Tampa or Tennessee, and the Cowboys are beating Ne's only quality win Atlanta. I'm just saying that the crap he played has skewed his numbers THIS YEAR, and that even other years he has benefited from the same SYSTEM that has made a scrub like Orton suddenly a top 5 QB.

Conklin
10-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Cleveland isn't as bad as the Bills (Their only win) Tampa or Tennessee, and the Cowboys are beating Ne's only quality win Atlanta. I'm just saying that the crap he played has skewed his numbers THIS YEAR, and that even other years he has benefited from the same SYSTEM that has made a scrub like Orton suddenly a top 5 QB.

speaking of benifited, imagine how much flack you'd be receiving if your thread wasn't deleted after you were caught in a second lie, on one sight you claim a degree in psych and on another you claim you attended some college, how about you continue living fantasyland elsewhere

SureShot
10-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I mentored 6 of the QBs on the list.

Conklin
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I mentored 6 of the QBs on the list.

i know someone who married one of their coaches, we're besties

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Brady 5-2, Orton (and trust me I'm not a Orton lover) 6-0 including a head to head win! For this year..enough said! Even take away that joke in Tenessee his numbers aren't near as good as Orton's...if you took out a bad Orton game..was there one?

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 03:35 PM
i know someone who married one of their coaches, we're besties

I graduated with a psych degree... even though I never graduated. And I published an article even though I'm barely literate.

SureShot
10-25-2009, 03:37 PM
I bang totally hot chicks.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/cocktail_cougar.jpg

Mogulseeker
10-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Brady = most overrated athlete of all time.

But he wins, which is what Orton is doing, and Orton beat him head-to-head, so...

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 03:44 PM
speaking of benifited, imagine how much flack you'd be receiving if your thread wasn't deleted after you were caught in a second lie, on one sight you claim a degree in psych and on another you claim you attended some college, how about you continue living fantasyland elsewhere

LOL..I never intendd to keep it up after I got it formated right AS I CLEARLY STATED IN THE THREAD!
You' saying something is a lie doesn't make it not so. lol! And it's pathetic that you come trolling to this thread to still show how juvenille you are. I'm lying about my Comcast On Demand show too.
www.myspace.com/bandwagonpromotion
As for College, one year U. of Montana, redshirt transfer year at BYU and got hurt in the spring of my first eligable year at BYU, Graduated with a Bachelors in "clinical psych social work, sports emphasis",at BYU. Oh and I sing in an '80s tribute band called "Heavy Mental" among others.

There you can continue being a loser with nothing better to do without the thread that wasn't ever going to stay anyway! ;)

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
LOL..I never intendd to keep it up after I got it formated right AS I CLEARLY STATED IN THE THREAD!
You' saying something is a lie doesn't make it not so. lol! And it's pathetic that you come trolling to this thread to still show how juvenille you are. I'm lying about my Comcast On Demand show too.
As for College, one year U. of Montana, redshirt transfer year at BYU and got hurt in the spring of my first eligable year at BYU, Graduated with a Bachelors in "clinical psych social work, sports emphasis",at BYU. Oh and I sing in an '80s tribute band called "Heavy Mental" among others.

There you can continue being a loser with nothing better to do without the thread that wasn't ever going to stay anyway! ;)

If you keep saying things, eventually they'll come true.

For example, every night while I fall asleep I chant that tomorrow I'll knock up Shakira.

Conklin
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM

then answer this Mr. Webb:

Talon69 's Details
Here for: Networking, Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
Orientation: Straight
Hometown: So. Salt Lake, Utah
Body type: 6' 2" / Athletic
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Smoke / Drink: No / No
Children: Undecided
Education: Some college

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
I graduated with a psych degree... even though I never graduated. And I published an article even though I'm barely literate.

LMAO! Never said I never graduated, just didn't play football the rest of the time. Never confuse Rev with facts. With ignorance and self agrandisement being your strongest suits, who are you to speak on literacy?

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 03:49 PM
LMAO! Never said I never graduated, just didn't play football the rest of the time. Never confuse Rev with facts. With ignorance and self agrandisement being your strongest suits, who are you to speak on literacy?

See above, Mr "Some College" with a psych degree.

Also:

You'd have a properly formatted version had it been published genius.

Conklin
10-25-2009, 03:50 PM

see above post, its hopefully big enough for you to read

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 03:52 PM
then answer this Mr. Webb:

Talon69 's Details
Here for: Networking, Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
Orientation: Straight
Hometown: So. Salt Lake, Utah
Body type: 6' 2" / Athletic
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Smoke / Drink: No / No
Children: Undecided
Education: Some college

In my family anything less than a Master's is considered SOME COLLEGE!

Now you fags are stalking me on myspace! How pathetic! LMAO!!!!!

Conklin
10-25-2009, 03:53 PM

why can't i find you on u of Washington's history either "shepherd whom God chose to be not only His messenger but also the King of His people"?

EDIT: To remove the name of troll to protect his identity

Bronco Warrior
And we all know that Myspace is the absolute authority! LMAO!! Would it set your world right if i changed it? How sad!

TheReverend

Really?

This is really how you're gonna spin it? Ha!

Honestly, this is just too great.

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
And we all know that Myspace is the absolute authority! LMAO!! Would it set your world right if i changed it? How sad!

No... but you might want to consider telling the truth... or is lying to everyone and yourself how you cope with a worthless existence at your age?

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
lol..not U of Wash. Again Facts. What do you think of my CableTV show? Was I lying about that too?

extralife
10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
You know how sometimes people here link terrible threads from the message boards of other teams, and we make fun of how stupid they are? Lets just say plenty of those boards could link to this thread and have a bit of a lark.

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Worthless existance of my age? How pathetic a shot is that? lmao!! Haven't lied about anything, although you have certainly blown alot of it out of purportion, so who's fault is that? How sad is it that you have to nitpick a word like "mentor" as proof that I'm lying? lol!

24champ
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I bang totally hot chicks.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/cocktail_cougar.jpg

<object width="400" height="255" id="uvp_fop" allowFullScreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=v2164766&amp;eID=1301797&amp;lang=us&amp;enableFullScreen=0 &amp;shareEnable=1"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><embed height="255" width="400" id="uvp_fop" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="id=v2164766&amp;eID=1301797&amp;lang=us&amp;ympsc=4195329&amp;enab leFullScreen=1&amp;shareEnable=1" /></object>

SureShot
10-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Worthless existance of my age? How pathetic a shot is that? lmao!! Haven't lied about anything, although you have certainly blown alot of it out of purportion, so who's fault is that? How sad is it that you have to nitpick a word like "mentor" as proof that I'm lying? lol!

I think you need to take a moment and wonder what would Mike Holgrem think before you post.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
see above, mr "some college" with a psych degree.

Also:

You'd have a properly formatted version had it been published genius.

rofl!

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I think you need to take a moment and wonder what would Mike Holgrem think before you post.

Well he would be disappointed that everybody including me sometimes leaves the M out of his name!

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Well he would be disappointed that everybody including me sometimes leaves the M out of his name!

Oh that's hilarious.... I'll bet Mayock is gonna plagiarize that line.

TDmvp
10-25-2009, 04:13 PM

Anyone who has the band Poison and Brett Michaels in their top friends list and a bunch of whores who spam friend request that are most likely fake accounts/bots are totally douche bags...

Hell just add Nickelback and get it over with...

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Lost the final versin that I submitted when my laptop harddrive crashed why do you think I had to get it back from BF and repost it here. Learn to read! ;)

Conklin
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Lost the final versin that I submitted when my laptop harddrive crashed why do you think I had to get it back from BF and repost it here. Learn to read! ;)

can't read a thread that a pussy deleted

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Anyone who has the band Poison and Brett Michaels in their top friends list and a bunch of whores who spam friend request that are most likely fake accounts/bots are totally douche bags...

Hell just add Nickelback and get it over with...

You just wish that those girls were spam..lol...all of them are local and actually have been to my shows for the most part or are strippers that I know lol! See how many you can find that aren't withing 50 miles of me since you are so obsessed!. The bands are all local or started local with the exception of Poison..they did my TV show last year. Here's a pic or too for proof ;)

Bronco Warrior
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
can't read a thread that a p***Y deleted

Yeah I'm a Pussy because I deleted a thread and deprived you your sad existance of trying to belittle anybody who has even a claim to a life more interesting or meaningful than yours...lol! The thread was about aarticle I wanted critiqued and help to edit, not a thread to try to prove you are cooler than who I claim to be! Seriously sad!

SureShot
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I mentored the band Poison

Lev Vyvanse
10-25-2009, 04:58 PM
I was mentored by the band Poison.

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
I wrote an article that inspired the band Poison.

Lev Vyvanse
10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
I plagiarized that article.

SureShot
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I mentored your mentor.

Lev Vyvanse
10-25-2009, 06:07 PM
That makes you my grandmentor.

24champ
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I went to Harvard.

theAPAOps5
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I wrote an article that inspired the drummer of Def Leopard to cut his arm off as it would make his band that much more awesome. I am now suing him because I am that awesome!

SureShot
10-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I wrote an article that inspired the drummer of Def Leopard to cut his arm off as it would make his band that much more awesome. I am now suing him because I am that awesome!

I mentored his severed arm.

TheReverend
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I mentored his severed arm.

I sue all amputees over plagiarizing my idea.

Los Broncos
11-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I split the atom.