PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are ready to pay Orton?

Bob's your Information Minister
10-24-2009, 04:04 PM
His start has been impressive. Are you willing to fork over the dough now and pass on a rookie stud coming out next year or the year after?

Are you ready to go all in with Kyle Orton as your franchise quarterback?

Think about it, now.

Rocket 7
10-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Thinking of Italian tonight.

Dagmar
10-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Shepards pie tomorrow

Bronx33
10-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Juicy turkey burgers

INGREDIENTS
1 medium apple, peeled and finely shredded
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
2 tablespoons grated onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound ground turkey breast
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
6 lettuce leaves
6 tomato slices
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

Add to Shopping List
Customize Recipe
Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
If grilling the burgers, coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.

these turned out to be really good

long beach bronco
10-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I'll buy that for a dollar.

cutthemdown
10-24-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't pay Orton so I don't care.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't pay Orton so I don't care.

Come now. Surely you realize paying Orton means the Broncos will be committing to him as their quarterback? That means...no rookie stud...no big trades...Orton or bust!

Are you ready to accept that reality?

Man-Goblin
10-24-2009, 04:41 PM
If he's willing to spite that wife of his and go neckbeard 24/7/365, maybe.

Meck77
10-24-2009, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE

Are you ready to accept that reality?[/QUOTE]

Here is your reality you ****ing moron.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

gyldenlove
10-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Come now. Surely you realize paying Orton means the Broncos will be committing to him as their quarterback? That means...no rookie stud...no big trades...Orton or bust!

Seems better than Cassel or bust to me, so I will take it.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Kinda hard to give a crap when it's not my money.

Bronx33
10-24-2009, 04:45 PM
orton will work for whiskey ( top notch of course)

BMarsh615
10-24-2009, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't mind having Orton as our QB for the next 5 years or so. This system is a perfect fit for him. If I had to choose between Dumervil and Orton though.... I would choose Dumervil. I think McDaniels and QB's are like Shanahan and RB's.

Dagmar
10-24-2009, 04:59 PM
A Classic Beef Braised In Guinness Recipe Recipe

Add Step-by-Step Photos Notyourmomma / All my dishes
2 years ago
British favorite stew, great with dumplings. Can be made with lamb chunks for a flavorful twist
Prep:30m Cook:160m Servings:6

Notyourmomm

savorycomplexdeliciousrichbeefstew

Does this look good? Yeah! / Nope
Login to see if our Recipe Robot thinks you'll like this dish. [?] Fans

jenniferby
lor
Ingredients
2 1/2 lb (1.3kg) Boned Stewing Steak
1 oz (25g) Flour
2 Large Onions
1 lb (450g) Carrots
Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoons Lard or Oil
3 Bayleaves
1/2 pint (275ml) Guinness
2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
2 -3 sprigs Thyme
1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar

Directions
Trim the steak of all fat and gristle and cut into pieces. Roll in seasoned flour so that the pieces are lightly coated. Peel and slice the onions. Peel the carrots and cut them into thin rounds.
Heat the lard or oil in a casserole and first brown the bay-leaves in it to flavour the oil. Remove them and fry the meat, a few at a time, so that it is very well browned on all sides. Transfer the pieces to a dish as they become browned.
When the meat is a fine colour, brown the onions in the same fat. Then add the carrots and let them cook gently, turning them over with a wooden spoon, to coat them slightly with the fat. Stir in the remaining flour. Return the meat to the pan, pour on the guinness, let it bubble up, season with salt, pepper and brown sugar and a sprig or two of thyme. Bring to a slow simmer on top of the cooker and transfer to a low oven (325f / 160c / mark 3 ) for 2 hours.
Add the cider vinegar 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Serve very hot with dumplings.
Based on the Beef Braised in Guinness Recipe in:
British Cooking
by Caroline Conran (Treasure Press 1978).

Recent Gawkers

dayla
lghandle
way2nrml
crazeecn
otterpon
sacredsp
cohan41
steng200
joeywish
mjcmcook
notyourm
lor
Not quite what you're looking for? See more Main Dish / Beef
Or see more just like this
Comments
lor 1 year, 5 months ago said:
How could this recipe go unrated? I don't get it??? Honestly, your recipe is at the top of my list for the next time I cook a roast of beast! Thanks so much Notyourmomma for a "5" fork recipe.
Cheers!!!

Add a Comment
You must be logged in to comment on a recipe. Login
Alterations
No alterations yet

Suggest an Alteration
You must be logged in to suggest a recipe alteration. Login
Viewing A Classic Beef Braised In Guinness Recipe Recipe

Rocket 7
10-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Best Italian restaurant in Denver is......

Rock Chalk
10-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Smoked Bacon Cheese Burger Recipe

1 Ground Beef (weight depends on how many burgers)
1 Big Bowl
1 Bottle of Lean & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1 Bottle of Monterey Steak Seasoning
n Slices of Cheese
1 Log of Apple Wood
1 Package maple smoked bacon

Put ground beef in bowl, mix in worcestershire sauce (not too much, dont want the meat becoming too saturated, usually about five shakes per pound of beef), add in monterey steak seasoning, 4 shakes per pound, mix together well. Add more seasoning, 2 shakes per pound and mix again. Might need to add more worcestershire sauce.

Make Patties.

Start charcoal, wait till they turn 60% gray, throw apple wood log on back of pit.

Put your patties on the grill, leave cover on for 10 minutes, flip, leave cover on for 5 minutes, flip again, keep cover open, and leave as is for 5 minutes flip one more time and leave for 5 minutes. Put cheese on, cook another 2 minutes. Remove from grill.

Meanwhile, fry your bacon on the stove. If you get the good maple smoked bacon that is thick cut, one slice per burger should do it. Dont over cook the bacon, nothing worse than crunchy bacon on a burger. Get it to the point where it is just under crunchy but not too chewy.

Break each slice in half, serve on top of burger.

Promise, it will be the best burger you ever had.

BroncoInSkinland
10-24-2009, 05:28 PM
No slide thread this week? Coward.

maher_tyler
10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
This message is hidden because Bob's your Information Minister is on your ignore list.

loborugger
10-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Its kinda cold outside, so I threw together a huge pot of my "either-thing-but-the-kitchen-sink" stew. And, since the old man sent me a jar of NM green chile, it went in there, too. So, its beef (lotsa good beef, no veggie stew here), taters, onion, barley, and carrots chasing that green chile.

And, with a nice meal like that, a little Irish Whiskey is good, to boot. The wife loves it when I cook. Throw in that its Sat night, she also had some Irish Whiskey, and things are looking good.

Clockwork Orange
10-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I'll humor you, Bob, just for old times sake. ;D

When you say "fork over the dough" I'm going to assume that you mean pay Orton like a premier starter in the league. My answer to that question would be no. While Orton has played well and deserves full credit for the way he's handled both his on the field responsibilities and the stigma that came with coming over in the polarizing Cutler deal (none of which was of his doing or his fault), he's not in the class of the top tier QB's in the NFL and shouldn't be paid like one. He's a system QB, a game manager, not a franchise QB.

On that same token, unless all he's looking for is a fat payday, he'd do well to make sure he stays put. He's seen the benefit of playing in a QB friendly system with an outstanding pass blocking O-line and good receivers. If he'd give that up for more money, all the best to him and the Broncos will look for their next system QB to plug in. Thanks for the memories and best of luck.

So no, I'm not ready to shell out premier starter money for Kyle Orton. We'll leave that kind of classic overpayment to the Matt Cassel's of the world. :wiggle:

baja
10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE

Here is your reality you ****ing moron.

http://www.nfl.com/standings[/QUOTE]

Your standings sheet shows an interesting stat.

The Broncos have one more win than the rest of the division combined.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 06:40 PM

you're and idiot (as we would say on the planet)

If you have a QB that is a proven winner, you lock him up as long as you can.

If you guys select Bradford/McCoy in the next draft I would be very disapointed.

6-0 is all you need to know.

Look, The guy may not be a gunslinger like Favre, he wont go out and win games for you, very often anyway, with his arm...but more importantly he wont go out and lose games you otherwise would have won. (unless he goes back to throwing left handed interceptions in the endzone)

Orton should be your QB till he decides to retire, anything else would make me think you need a new gm.

Ironlung
10-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Nic recipes guys, sounds delicious!

Bronx33
10-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Nic recipes guys, sounds delicious!

I was really impressed with the turkey burger recipie it was really very good and healthy and yes the apple makes sense.

scorpio
10-24-2009, 07:52 PM
you're and idiot (as we would say on the planet)

If you have a QB that is a proven winner, you lock him up as long as you can.

If you guys select Bradford/McCoy in the next draft I would be very disapointed.

6-0 is all you need to know.

Look, The guy may not be a gunslinger like Favre, he wont go out and win games for you, very often anyway, with his arm...but more importantly he wont go out and lose games you otherwise would have won. (unless he goes back to throwing left handed interceptions in the endzone)

Orton should be your QB till he decides to retire, anything else would make me think you need a new gm.

You realize that's GoChiefs, right?

LRtagger
10-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Somebody's making turkey burgers tomorrowwwwwwwww

BroncoMan4ever
10-24-2009, 10:23 PM

rookie studs? why do so many throw that term around? in any given draft there is maybe 1 QB who goes on to become a stud. very rarely is there more than 1, and in most cases there isn't even 1. so with Bradford, McCoy, Sneed, Locker, Tebow coming out next season, it is safe to say that more than likely most or quite possibly all of them will fail.

why bother with an unproven rookie that will cost just as much as a proven veteran winner that will be only 27 at the start of next season?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
You realize that's GoChiefs, right?

that makes it kinda humorous.

I wanted to give this bob guy a hard time because a couple people said he is a pos.

kinda funny its gochiefs

That dude is ok, the newsletter he works for though, not so much.

what did he do in the past that pissed people off so bad?

Pat Bowlen
10-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Bob's not a POS, he's just a very sad, very pathetic and very annoying masochistic dumbass. For some reason a lot of people here spend a lot of time complaining about him while replying to his inane threads and posts.

Bronx33
10-24-2009, 10:39 PM
that makes it kinda humorous.

I wanted to give this bob guy a hard time because a couple people said he is a pos.

kinda funny its gochiefs

That dude is ok, the newsletter he works for though, not so much.

what did he do in the past that pissed people off so bad?

He doesn't piss people off he just posts nonsensical ramblings that never ever materialize taco allows his existance here for humor purposes only bob is the omane chew toy.

Fedaykin
10-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Hoping for company in the $60 million dollar backup QB club?

TDmvp
10-24-2009, 11:50 PM
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6043/boyszx1pr.jpg

:spit:

:thanku::thanku::thanku:

BroncoInSkinland
10-25-2009, 01:36 AM
He doesn't piss people off he just posts nonsensical ramblings that never ever materialize taco allows his existance here for humor purposes only bob is the omane chew toy.

Well, pissed off isn't exactly the term I would use for it. I realized he was a POS welcher that didn't have the fortitude to back up his word early on, but the one that really opened my eyes to how worthless he was as a human being was when he used Crazyhorses illness to try and "win" an argument. That was when I realized he was actually a waste of flesh. I had heard that term before, but never really found someone it applied to. Until that moment.

I like TJ and almost never question what he does on t(his) board, but I do wonder why we allow someone as abhorrently repulsive as Bob to post. Crazy has let it go because he is truely a nice guy and found there are more important things in life, and I am glad it didn't bother him. But for the simple fact that it was intended to be a barb in the side of a near fatally ill man, I hope Bob catches a painful venereal disease the first time he does manage to lose his virginity (which will probably be to a corpse).

TDmvp
10-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Well, pissed off isn't exactly the term I would use for it. I realized he was a POS welcher that didn't have the fortitude to back up his word early on, but the one that really opened my eyes to how worthless he was as a human being was when he used Crazyhorses illness to try and "win" an argument. That was when I realized he was actually a waste of flesh. I had heard that term before, but never really found someone it applied to. Until that moment.

I like TJ and almost never question what he does on t(his) board, but I do wonder why we allow someone as abhorrently repulsive as Bob to post. Crazy has let it go because he is truely a nice guy and found there are more important things in life, and I am glad it didn't bother him. But for the simple fact that it was intended to be a barb in the side of a near fatally ill man, I hope Bob catches a painful venereal disease the first time he does manage to lose his virginity (which will probably be to a corpse).

and he loves the goat taint ROFL!

Miss I.
10-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey all the info I got for food for today was really great. I have all the stuff to make nachos, meatballs, and a variety of other handy food stuffs. I couldn't find bratwurst at the the store here so that was disappointing, but much good beer.

TDmvp
10-25-2009, 02:06 AM

Yea know doubt , Who would I kill time by insulting and photo shopping...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5899/boyszx1.jpghttp://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4790/inthebutgb7.jpghttp://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5438/boyszx1rg0.jpghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5711/boyszx1prrf0.jpghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6043/boyszx1pr.jpghttp://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1856/bobballs.jpg

that last one is a actual quote ... you can't make that $hit up LOL

special thanks to Bob for posting his pic holding a piece of paper , and to my girlfriend for making the blank for me to change when needed LOLOL ....

Killericon
10-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Gay jokes. Boy, you've busted out the big guns tonight, TD.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4zbhqms.gif

TDmvp
10-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Gay jokes. Boy, you've busted out the big guns tonight, TD.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4zbhqms.gif

LOL yea ... I'm 34 going on 12 tonight ... I'll own it ...

But it's Bob ...

BossChief
10-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Yea know doubt , Who would I kill time by insulting and photo shopping.......

I think you meant -no- and -how-

:thumbsup:

TDmvp
10-25-2009, 02:33 AM
I think you meant -no- and -how-

:thumbsup:

no you are half right ... I did type the wrong know/no .... but I did mean Who as in who would i insult... I've been up 22 hours so grammar on the net is not my main focus ...

BossChief
10-25-2009, 02:44 AM
no you are half right ... I did type the wrong know/no .... but I did mean Who as in who would i insult... I've been up 22 hours so grammar on the net is not my main focus ...
its all good.

I had to read your post a couple times to try to gauge its meaning is all.

TDmvp
10-25-2009, 03:22 AM
its all good.

I had to read your post a couple times to try to gauge its meaning is all.

no biggie , it's just the net...

KillerBronco#76
10-25-2009, 07:11 AM
I heard he is willing to waive all monetary compensation if bowlen can arrange a lifetime supply of Woodford Reserve... doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.
http://jpr13.org/Images/Woodford%20Reserve/content/bin/images/large/Woodford_Reserve_24.jpg

watermock
10-25-2009, 07:57 AM
http://randygoat.com/showgallery.php?pictureid=158728888&galleryid=993134

Broncoman13
10-25-2009, 08:08 AM
I wouldn't mind having Orton as our QB for the next 5 years or so. This system is a perfect fit for him. If I had to choose between Dumervil and Orton though.... I would choose Dumervil. I think McDaniels and QB's are like Shanahan and RB's.

The good news is that Doom has a lot more market value outside of Denver. Unlike Kyle who must realize that he is in a perfect fit offense for him and likely wouldn't find anything even close to fitting his QB traits. I think Kyle will sign long term in Denver and the contract will be for plenty of $$$, but it won't be one of those blockbuster deals that you're seeing around the league. In fact, it will likely be less than what Matt Cassel signed in KC. 6 years $50m with 12-15 guaranteed. Orton has played in Chicago and understands how much a good situation means to his success and he'll ultimately ask himself, is $2 or $3m per year less worth being happy and having this kind of success?

Broncoman13
10-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Hey all the info I got for food for today was really great. I have all the stuff to make nachos, meatballs, and a variety of other handy food stuffs. I couldn't find bratwurst at the the store here so that was disappointing, but much good beer.

That's my Gina, always in search of a good sausage. :wiggle:

bowtown
10-25-2009, 08:11 AM
A Classic Beef Braised In Guinness Recipe Recipe

Add Step-by-Step Photos Notyourmomma / All my dishes
2 years ago
British favorite stew, great with dumplings. Can be made with lamb chunks for a flavorful twist
Prep:30m Cook:160m Servings:6

Have you made this? It looks awesome.

Doggcow
10-25-2009, 09:14 AM
He'll probably cost less than a "rookie stud" btw bobo

errand
10-25-2009, 10:04 AM

Well, either way he's better than the guy McDaniels initially wanted to bring in...now can you accept that reality?

rmsanger
10-25-2009, 10:07 AM
If he's to become a restricted free agent at the end of the season then what incentive do we have to make a move now?

cutthemdown
10-25-2009, 10:07 AM

I think he will only be a RFA, plus we have 2 transitions tags we could use. Broncos could easily make him wait until NFL has a new CBA before giving him a long term deal.

The smart move may be to wait and see how hi finishes the yr.

Then again do you really need better then a rating of 100? not to mention going against the toughest schedule of any of the unbeaten teams.

So no I would not care if Broncos locked him up. Rookie QBs are a crap shoot and many of the ones kicking ass last yr aren't doing as well this yr.

errand
10-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Another thought is this...Kyle has been running this offense for only several weeks now...and is playing at a high level in it.

Now, believing that he continues to improve weekly while running it, Orton would be the better option than some rookie hotshot coming in and making rookie mistakes like throwing INT's while forcing throws.

I'm sure he'll eventually toss a legitimate INT or lose a game and then the boo birds will be out if full force...but McDaniels doesn't strike me as one who would bow to fan pressure...especially if he reads this board and realizes what the rest of us already know...that fans like rastaman, and broncofan7 and lex have no idea what the hell they're talking about anyways.

Pony Boy
10-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Easily, the best 900K a year QB in the NFL....

SJ Bronco
10-25-2009, 03:46 PM
I'll give him 4 years and wait for Luck to come out of stanford

loborugger
10-25-2009, 04:51 PM
You guys ruined a perfectly good foodjacking.

Miss I.
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
You guys ruined a perfectly good foodjacking.

True dat.

I mean you guys do get what Bob is not so subtly trying to get you to do right? The Chiefs gave a career back up from NE an absurd amount of money based on one season of starting play that was very good when overall that guy has been a back up since high school. Now he wants us to walk into a trap saying, oh yes give Orton the money based on 6 games so far he's had with McDaniels (as was Cassel's tutelage was under McDaniels). He wants to correlate the two situations and get us to basically say that we would've paid Cassel too, if we were/are so willing to pay Orton. It's an asinine argument-trap he's trying to set, but that is what he's doing, IMHO.

Now, back to the real topic, food. The nachos and meatballs were very successful today and I thank all the kind people who helped make it possible. ;D

rastaman
10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
I'll give him 4 years and wait for Luck to come out of stanford

What happens if a team offers Orton more! Do the Broncos get into a bidding war? Question is, what's more important to Orton? Winning or Money?

Cool Breeze
10-25-2009, 06:21 PM
http://www.roadfood.com/photos/9773.jpg

Gotta love stuffed sopapillas!

Ironlung
10-25-2009, 06:26 PM
^^^Yes!

Peoples Champ
10-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Ya, its a good thing we are having the problem of who to pay to keep. The Chiefs are asking who do we cut?

SJ Bronco
10-25-2009, 06:42 PM
What happens if a team offers Orton more! Do the Broncos get into a bidding war? Question is, what's more important to Orton? Winning or Money?

I don't care, I just wanted an excuse to hype Luck for the board. :thumbs: I love my Cardinal almost as much as I love my broncos and sharks.!Booya!

SJ Bronco
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.roadfood.com/photos/9773.jpg

Gotta love stuffed sopapillas!

:o:ozowie!zowie!:gimme::letsgo:
Where is that from!