BroncoDoug
10-24-2009, 01:46 AM
My door is always open.

i bet bob is happy that it is...

Killericon
10-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Why?

Seriously...Why?

Another question...Of your recent 1st round draft picks, who do you think are gonna be busts? I don't think it's a stretch to say that one of these guys isn't gonna pan out.

ak1971
10-24-2009, 01:52 AM
My door is always open.

do you go to missy b's alot?

Rocket 7
10-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Who was your teacher in 93. Last time you won a playoff game?

Rocket 7
10-24-2009, 01:57 AM
We think Bob is a dumbass. How do you feel?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Why?

Seriously...Why?

Another question...Of your recent 1st round draft picks, who do you think are gonna be busts? I don't think it's a stretch to say that one of these guys isn't gonna pan out.

Derrick Johnson.

Soft, doesnt consistantly make the big plays he was touted for

Tamba

Average, limited pass rush moves, short arms, lacking in speed but very quick and uses leverage well, but has a huge heart and is mentally strong.

Bowe

Good pick IMHO even with the drops

Dorsey

I would have said "most likely to bust" a couple months ago, but is playing like a man possesed in recent weeks against good competition, coming around

Albert

Very talented but has a way to go and might end up at guard or rt. Chosen at #15 doesnt make him a bust. He has handled some very good competition so far without too many blemishes on his resume. Not as good as Clady, but only gave up 4 sacks as a rook. Struggled with injuries so far this year.

Id have to say that out of those players, Derrick Johnson is "the most likely to be called a bust"

We tried to trade him before the deadline but nobody made a worthy offer.

Is in Haleys dog house because of being a yo-yo player, good for one half a game then disapears for two or three games.

Has had his best games against you guys since he got here.

Honestly, if it werent for the games he has had against the Broncos he would probably be labeled a bust by now.

Kinda player that will excell with more talent around him once he goes elsewhere.

Rocket 7
10-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Tell the truth. Are you 20 and trying to make a point? How old are you?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:00 AM
do you go to missy b's alot?

I live in CR,IA and dont know what your speaking of

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Who was your teacher in 93. Last time you won a playoff game?

too much bong resin and malted hops to remember.

I can remember my english teachers name was mrs gustafson.

Does that help?

And yes, I miss Montana.

19Morton77
10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Futility. Is there more to this than your football team? Does it apply to anything else in your life?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Tell the truth. Are you 20 and trying to make a point? How old are you?

I just want to be able to come here every few days and ask opinions from you guys, its always nice to have an opposing fans perspective. It helps draw to better conclusions.

Exactly what point do you think I am trying to make?

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Derrick Johnson.

Soft, doesnt consistantly make the big plays he was touted for

Tamba

Average, limited pass rush moves, short arms, lacking in speed but very quick and uses leverage well, but has a huge heart and is mentally strong.

Bowe

Good pick IMHO even with the drops

Dorsey

I would have said "most likely to bust" a couple months ago, but is playing like a man possesed in recent weeks against good competition, coming around

Albert

Very talented but has a way to go and might end up at guard or rt. Chosen at #15 doesnt make him a bust. He has handled some very good competition so far without too many blemishes on his resume. Not as good as Clady, but only gave up 4 sacks as a rook. Struggled with injuries so far this year.

Id have to say that out of those players, Derrick Johnson is "the most likely to be called a bust"

We tried to trade him before the deadline but nobody made a worthy offer.

Is in Haleys dog house because of being a yo-yo player, good for one half a game then disapears for two or three games.

Has had his best games against you guys since he got here.

Honestly, if it werent for the games he has had against the Broncos he would probably be labeled a bust by now.

Kinda player that will excell with more talent around him once he goes elsewhere.

Solid take.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Futility. Is there more to this than your football team? Does it apply to anything else in your life?

not really, but thanks for your genuine concern.:thumbsup:

cutthemdown
10-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Problem is Chiefs need high impact players and they aren't finding them.

Bowe is an impact player IMO even with the problems.

Albert= decent olineman, not elite, not impact
Johnson= below avg backer, not elite, not an impact player
Dorsey= Jury still out but so far not an impact player
Tamba= Not an impact player.

Things like that will not make you much better when you had very few impact players to begin with. In fact your 2 biggest impact player.

1-Jared Allen= traded
2-Tony G=traded

Chiefs are in trouble unless some players like Charles, Cassel etc can make a big impact soon.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Solid take.

thanks

I:strong:

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:16 AM
Problem is Chiefs need high impact players and they aren't finding them.

Bowe is an impact player IMO even with the problems.

Albert= decent olineman, not elite, not impact
Johnson= below avg backer, not elite, not an impact player
Dorsey= Jury still out but so far not an impact player
Tamba= Not an impact player.

Things like that will not make you much better when you had very few impact players to begin with. In fact your 2 biggest impact player.

1-Jared Allen= traded
2-Tony G=traded

Chiefs are in trouble unless some players like Charles, Cassel etc can make a big impact soon.

Aint gonna happen

We have enough holes, that we need two slam dunk off seasons to get back to having thoughts of even making the playoffs...let alone winning game once there.

Hopefully some guys step up and make unexpected contributions similarly to what happened for you guys

Pat Bowlen
10-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Did you eventually realize you were a masochist after becoming a Chiefs fan, or was that the initial reason for doing so?

Rocket 7
10-24-2009, 02:21 AM
I like Bosschief. Is a fan.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Id also like to say that (and I hope this is within the tos) I come from the Chiefscoalition board and would welcome any and all of you there if your ever interested in an opposing fans perspective. I post under the same username everywhere I have an account.

Its a good group of people there and we are lacking a quality Denver Broncos fan in the mix...

Id post a link, but Im not sure if that is ok here.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:32 AM
Did you eventually realize you were a masochist after becoming a Chiefs fan, or was that the initial reason for doing so?

I enjoy your wittiness Mr. Bowlen

Archer81
10-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Being nice to chief fans...6-0 has made us soft as a group.

Any rate, have you or do you have a mullet?

Your feelings on brother-sister marriages.

Do you have the remains of a Camaro in your back yard?

The uniform looks like a used tampon...thoughts?

Isnt Boss and chief in the same s/n redundant?

Is Carl Peterson your hero?

How does it feel to know the last time your team won a meaningful game...Nixon was president?

Do you know Bob, and if so, is it true he has saggy man boobies?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood...would he start in your secondary?

Todd Haley: Drama queen?

How come KC smells like feet?

:Broncos:

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Being nice to chief fans...6-0 has made us soft as a group.

Any rate, have you or do you have a mullet?

Your feelings on brother-sister marriages.

Do you have the remains of a Camaro in your back yard?

The uniform looks like a used tampon...thoughts?

Isnt Boss and chief in the same s/n redundant?

Is Carl Peterson your hero?

How does it feel to know the last time your team won a meaningful game...Nixon was president?

Do you know Bob, and if so, is it true he has saggy man boobies?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood...would he start in your secondary?

Todd Haley: Drama queen?

How come KC smells like feet?

No, to the mullet question

only brothers and sisters by marriage, not blood :rofl:

I own a Maxima, never had a camaro. I go mechanic, only changing oil and other things they could get a monkey to do, I do live in a mobile home or as some would say "trailer" but it is a nice one and I own it outright.

no

Carl Petersons my hero in an alternate universe, one where he could read and write, among other things.

It sucks

Who is this bob you people speak of? Do you have another resident Chiefs fan here?

Outside of our nickle corner that keeps getting burnt over and over, our secondary is solid. Its after the six second in the pocket mark where coverage breaks down against us. I surely would give said "woodchuck" a shot at the nickle role if he can pass a physical and our team conditioning test. Send him out, Ill let Scott know hes on his way. Thanks in advance!

Sure is, past players of his have been coming out in droves to say how much they credit him for their success, so Ill take the drama if it "wakes the sleeping giant" in these kids. If you wanna see a hilarious thread, go to chiefsplanet and read the history of Haley topic. It will show you something you havent seen from an NFL coach, Im sure he has gotten letters from the league because of his use of cussing, everytime a player makes a mistake the camera goes to a tight shot of Haleys face, he is the easiest person to ever lip read.

You obviously havent been to KC, if feet smell like the best barbeque in the world, gimme a full slab of feet, some baked beans and a loaded up baker!

does that help?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 02:59 AM
how come you cant have avatar pics or signature pics here?

kinda blah....

Blart
10-24-2009, 03:03 AM
Which 5 current Broncos do you wish played for the Chiefs?

Archer81
10-24-2009, 03:07 AM
how come you cant have avatar pics or signature pics here?

kinda blah....

During the season, the board has alot of traffic from brand new posters and fans of teams we play. Just easier to keep things rolling to take them down. In the offseason they are up.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Which 5 current Broncos do you wish played for the Chiefs?

Clady-this would move Albert to LG where he would be a all pro and give us a all pro left side to build from

Elvis-would pair nicely with Hali to put consistent pressure on opposing qbs, IMO our biggest weakness, and has been since the disastrous trade of Jared Allen

Marshall-would give us one of the best reciever duos in the league and for a long time.

Harris-We need a right tackle BAD and hes a good one

Moreno-do I need to explain?

Blart
10-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Only one from the defense huh? Interesting.

Miss I.
10-24-2009, 04:09 AM
I like Bosschief. Is a fan.

This.

Good to have a rival fan who appears to have a working braincell, makes the discussion and smack talk more interesting. :sunshine:

BossChief
10-24-2009, 04:22 AM
Only one from the defense huh? Interesting.

Our biggest weakness is a tie between oline and pass rush

I fixed both in five players.

No Mas problemo

I also hate to say it and hope I dont upset many people by this but,

I think your defenses ranking is more to do with two factors not including talent

1) Mike Nolan, the man has always ran top defenses...just isnt a good HC

2) ineffectiveness of opponent offenses. It seems the only strengths opposing teams have, have matched up well with the limited talent your unit has. No offense meant by this statement.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 04:50 AM
What five players would you guys take from the current Chiefs?

The Joker
10-24-2009, 05:07 AM

Albert would make a great LG to replace Hamilton. Would really help our short yardage issues.

Brandon Flowers is a very good CB, would be nice to have another young option at that position.

Tyson Jackson. Guy was a massive reach in the last draft by Kansas, but he looks to be a prototypical 3-4 DE.

Dwayne Bowe. Is a good deep ball receiver, would really help Denver stretch the field and open up stuff underneath for Marshall and Royal.

Matt Cassel. It's always handy to have a solid back-up QB around. :haw!:

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Albert would make a great LG to replace Hamilton. Would really help our short yardage issues.

Brandon Flowers is a very good CB, would be nice to have another young option at that position.

Tyson Jackson. Guy was a massive reach in the last draft by Kansas, but he looks to be a prototypical 3-4 DE.

Dwayne Bowe. Is a good deep ball receiver, would really help Denver stretch the field and open up stuff underneath for Marshall and Royal.

Matt Cassel. It's always handy to have a solid back-up QB around. :haw!:
nicely played sir!

...but Orton wouldnt start over Cassel. ;)

Put Cassel behind that line and with those recievers and backs and you have.....well.....6-0....? HMMMMMM

NYBronco
10-24-2009, 07:41 AM

Thanks Pat for Josh McDaniels.

Crushisback
10-24-2009, 09:27 AM
My door is always open.

Have you ever heard of the 100 post rule?

Crushisback
10-24-2009, 09:36 AM

I if we are taking thier current contracts my list is very short.

CB-Brandon Flowers

DE-Alex Magee

P-Dustin Colquitt

Ahh throw in Brian Waters. That guy deserves a shot at a playoff win at least? He's seen the favor they did Tony G and JA, he's got to be miserable.

oubronco
10-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Why don't you just hop on the Broncos wagon and ride it to a winning season since it's been a long time since the Queefs have had one?

Kaylore
10-24-2009, 11:20 AM
This.

Good to have a rival fan who appears to have a working braincell, makes the discussion and smack talk more interesting. :sunshine:

Rausch and SNRChief are good posters. I like both of them.

Carmelo15
10-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Branden Albert, Brandon Flowers, Tyson Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Glenn Dorsey

baja
10-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Crazyhorse too

Kaylore
10-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Crazyhorse too

That goes without saying anymore.

dumpy
10-24-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm selling my house in KC. do you want it?

Miss I.
10-24-2009, 11:49 AM

Okay you know who I was referring to and also some Raider fans (which really being a Raider fan does tend to put one in the hole right away).

cutthemdown
10-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Crazyhorse I like quite a bit. That's good man right there regardless of what team you pull for.

IMO 400 and Boltaneer both tolerable Chargers fans. For as much as there team was crushing us they didn't troll us too bad, mostly just talked football.

loborugger
10-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Crazyhorse I like quite a bit. That's good man right there regardless of what team you pull for.

IMO 400 and Boltaneer both tolerable Chargers fans. For as much as there team was crushing us they didn't troll us too bad, mostly just talked football.

Ya, I like both those guys, too.

_Oro_
10-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Our biggest weakness is a tie between oline and pass rush

Ouch.

Archer81
10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Asking a chief fan is like calling miss cleo...

ohiobronco2
10-24-2009, 02:48 PM
too much bong resin and malted hops to remember.

I can remember my english teachers name was mrs gustafson.

Does that help?

And yes, I miss Montana.

Max Goldman: You mean the low-life, ass-wipe, egg-sucker John Gustafson?
Snyder: Have you seen him?
Max Goldman: The man's crazy. Loco. Always hanging out around those kinky strip bars. You know, the ones where the men take their clothes off. That's of course if he's taken his medication.
Snyder: Medication?
Max Goldman: Yes, without it he could be anywhere. Wandering around talking to the trees. I'm telling you the man's a menace, he's always drinking, starting fights.

http://oconallstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/grumpy-old-men.jpg

KCStud
10-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Kinda interesting how you see it. Carl really did screw up the team for so long.

Can you imagine how good the Chiefs would be if Jared Allen wasn't traded, if Albert Hayneworth OR John Henderson was taken instead of Ryan Sims, if Carl drafted Troy Polamolu instead of LJ like everyone wanted, if Carl wouldn't have pissed off John Tait and forced a trade, if he wouldn't have let Donnie Edwards go in his prime????

It's sad because the team would have made noise in the playoffs every year. Best OL and TE in the NFL, pro bowl QB, RB and FB. Defense was horrible, but a defense with Troy Polamolu, Jared Allen and Albert Hayneworth/John Henderson would have been crazy.

Oh well. I have hope in Pioli/Haley. I think they can put together a playoff caliber team in a within a couple of years.

Merlin
10-24-2009, 03:04 PM
To be honest, I certainly hope so. I really dislike how much AFCW teams have sucked the past couple of yrs. This division use to be deadly. Well, at least Denver is on its way. With some luck KC, might begin to get there (they do have some pieces). SD is doomed until they fix the FO fiasco. I can't believe they entrusted a potential SB team with excellent players in their prime to Norv. Now they will never find out. The Raiders...lets just say Davis still thinks JR needs to be given some time, that says it all for that organization.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Have you ever heard of the 100 post rule?

no, how does it go, I'm on the edge of my seat...

:yayaya:

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
During the season, the board has alot of traffic from brand new posters and fans of teams we play. Just easier to keep things rolling to take them down. In the offseason they are up.

ic

does that avoid board crashes and what not?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks Pat for Josh McDaniels.

If thats really Pat, can you ask him if I can get a loan?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:34 PM

Those two are quality posters on one of the other boards I post on as well.

Bronx33
10-24-2009, 05:35 PM
What does a wolf have to do with the Kansas City Chiefs?

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Asking a chief fan is like calling miss cleo...

Even Ms Cleo couldnt see the Broncos start to the season.:thumbsup:

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Kinda interesting how you see it. Carl really did screw up the team for so long.

Can you imagine how good the Chiefs would be if Jared Allen wasn't traded, if Albert Hayneworth OR John Henderson was taken instead of Ryan Sims, if Carl drafted Troy Polamolu instead of LJ like everyone wanted, if Carl wouldn't have pissed off John Tait and forced a trade, if he wouldn't have let Donnie Edwards go in his prime????

It's sad because the team would have made noise in the playoffs every year. Best OL and TE in the NFL, pro bowl QB, RB and FB. Defense was horrible, but a defense with Troy Polamolu, Jared Allen and Albert Hayneworth/John Henderson would have been crazy.

Oh well. I have hope in Pioli/Haley. I think they can put together a playoff caliber team in a within a couple of years.

Troy was taken 11 spots before LJ....

Funny, but LJ swears that Pittsburg called him and said they were gonna take him then selected Troy......ohhhh burn.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 05:42 PM
What does a wolf have to do with the Kansas City Chiefs?

good question, always wondered that.

Maybe dances with wolves had a part to play in it.

BroncoInSkinland
10-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Actually BossChief was pretty good in another thread, rolls with the punches, and keeps the gloves up. I am sure he would be taking a few shots if the Broncos weren't 6-0, but I would expect that.

To BossChief, Bob is the absolute definition of a troll. Further he is a bet welching liar, and he has wished death upon a fellow chiefs fan who had a life threatening medical condition. If some of the members of this board seem more hostile than even a division rival fan deserves, Bob is probably the cause of it. While I like hearing your opinions even though you root for a team that I loathe, Bob is less useful to me than a 50 lb bag of human feces and urine.

BroncoInSkinland
10-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Question to BossChief, how long a leash in years does Pioli have from you to provide a winning season or a playoff berth before you would want him removed, and can you give us some of the factors that would play into your decision regarding when to yank him?

Clockwork Orange
10-24-2009, 05:59 PM
What year is your Camaro?

/obligatory ;)

BossChief
10-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Question to BossChief, how long a leash in years does Pioli have from you to provide a winning season or a playoff berth before you would want him removed, and can you give us some of the factors that would play into your decision regarding when to yank him?
Good question!

I think Pioli should be given 3 years to right the ship, or at least make us a division contender. That includes this year.

I dont think that is too much to ask.

Next year he shoulod be putting almost all resources into fixing the oline. We are terrible up front and it makes our offense look terrible.

By 2011, he needs to add a long term premier pass rusher to the mix, our secondary would EXPLODE onto the scene as a top five NFL unit if they were afforded a good pass rush. As I said before, the breakdowns in coverage happen after 5-6 seconds for us.

Some factors I would consider if he would be considered for replacement would be:

Not drafting properly
making little to no effort to fix obvious need points on team
making short term decisions
Signing players that dont impact the team
Letting players go that leves a void on our team ***cough JARED ALLEN cough cough***

He seems to know what he is doing so far.

first move-fired the Herminator/Gunther
Second move-hire a Parcells tree HC with scouting experience and a life of scouting talent as well GREAT FIT
third move-trade for a young possible franchise qb
fourth move-freeze ticket prices (except club seats)
fifth move-draft Tyson Jackson instead of Curry/Orakpo/etc...he understands (unlike most KC fans) that you have to have your foundation built before you start adding the luxury pieces.

I think he will be the difference between us and the rest of the AFCW going into the next decade of NFL football.

time will tell

Id like to thank all the great fans here for their kind words of me, they are definatly appreciated and I look forward to a few years of bumping this thread and commenting on the moves made by both teams, maybe Ill even shed some ligght on some Broncos situations most Bronco fans would miss because of being a fan.

I think Im pretty objective:thumbsup:

BossChief
10-24-2009, 06:33 PM
What year is your Camaro?

/obligatory ;)

I kinda wanted a firebird as a kid.

Bronx33
10-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Whats your favorite tractor john deere or Massey Ferguson?

BroncoInSkinland
10-24-2009, 06:57 PM
One more serious one, although the Mullet head barbs are pretty amusing. :)

How do you think your O-line/pass blocking will hold up against the Broncos when we play? (Please focus on what your concerns regarding the Broncos side of the equation are if you think you have seen enough of our D to answer adequately, if not generalities about the Chiefs line/ability of the receivers to shake our secondary will probably afford some insights.)

BossChief
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
One more serious one, although the Mullet head barbs are pretty amusing. :)

How do you think your O-line/pass blocking will hold up against the Broncos when we play? (Please focus on what your concerns regarding the Broncos side of the equation are if you think you have seen enough of our D to answer adequately, if not generalities about the Chiefs line/ability of the receivers to shake our secondary will probably afford some insights.)

To tell you the truth, I cant really say cause as you said I havent seen enough of them to formulate an intelligent opinion.

The answer also would require where the game is played, we seemed to handle your front last year fairly well last year.

Vonnie might have some ill will for KC and might play with hair up his arse.

It would also depend on if Brandon Albert is healthy for the game, as well as the health of the other linemen.

We got a long way to go till we play and alot can happen.

Que
10-24-2009, 10:12 PM
So in Chiefland... how does the rags to riches story of the turnaround of the Broncos D play? Forget the Orton story and the offense being good. You guys probably just see that as business as usual. But when you essentially replace 75% of the D in the off season without one marquee free agent signing (Dawkins was marginal in hype regard) and have this sort of turn around, it would seem to me that if I were a Chefs fan, I would start expecting miracles rather than a 3 year rebuild.

By the way, good thread.

lazarus4444
10-24-2009, 10:28 PM
To tell you the truth, I cant really say cause as you said I havent seen enough of them to formulate an intelligent opinion.

The answer also would require where the game is played, we seemed to handle your front last year fairly well last year.

It would also depend on if Brandon Albert is healthy for the game, as well as the health of the other linemen.

Bolded part is where 5 of 6 teams we've played this year made a mistake in assuming our D-line was like last years. I think only NE was ready for the difference and it still didn't matter for them...

BossChief
10-24-2009, 10:42 PM
So in Chiefland... how does the rags to riches story of the turnaround of the Broncos D play? Forget the Orton story and the offense being good. You guys probably just see that as business as usual. But when you essentially replace 75% of the D in the off season without one marquee free agent signing (Dawkins was marginal in hype regard) and have this sort of turn around, it would seem to me that if I were a Chefs fan, I would start expecting miracles rather than a 3 year rebuild.

By the way, good thread.

thanks

A lot of us wanted Nolan as our DC, its the dragging of the feet in the hiring of SP/firing of Herm that made it impossible.

I got a better question, how do you not think Dawkins is a marquee free agent?

I am realistic in my expectations because I have been heartbroken so much.

If we start winning again, Im sure Ill homer up again.

Killericon
10-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I got a better question, how do you not think Dawkins is a marquee free agent?

Everyone thought he was done.

BossChief
10-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Everyone thought he was done.

So, what you're saying is that "everyone" didnt watch any Philly games for the last few years?

Dawkins might start declining in a year or so, but hes just one of those players that makes his teammates better and brings energy and leadership on gameday

Oh but we got Mike Brown....gimme a break.

Now that is a player "everyone" thought was done.

Killericon
10-24-2009, 11:27 PM
So, what you're saying is that "everyone" didnt watch any Philly games for the last few years?

Dawkins might start declining in a year or so, but hes just one of those players that makes his teammates better and brings energy and leadership on gameday

Oh but we got Mike Brown....gimme a break.

Now that is a player "everyone" thought was done.

This is true. Dawkins looked very bad in coverage in Philly last year. I'm not saying people considered him to be as done as Mike Brown, but he wasn't "Marquee".

BossChief
10-24-2009, 11:37 PM
This is true. Dawkins looked very bad in coverage in Philly last year. I'm not saying people considered him to be as done as Mike Brown, but he wasn't "Marquee".

Sorry, but I disagree wholeheartedly.

Sorry, but if you put Dawkins on any defense, they go up 5-7 spots in team defense and more than that in scoring defense.

Having a defender like Dawkins is like having 12 men on defense.

I bet money that whenever your defense needs a big play EVERY DEFENDER looks to Dawkins for leadership and they play better because they dont want to "let him down" similar to the effect Ray Lewis has. Those twos energy is unmatched in the NFL IMO.

Have you seen the effect his pregame rituals have on his teammates?

Im gonna stop.

Honestly, if I were to pinpoint one single player most responsible for the defenses performance so fat, it has to be Dawkins...I know DOOM and all that, but I bet Elvis looks to Dawkins for leadership too.

Killericon
10-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Sorry, but I disagree wholeheartedly.

Sorry, but if you put Dawkins on any defense, they go up 5-7 spots in team defense and more than that in scoring defense.

Having a defender like Dawkins is like having 12 men on defense.

I bet money that whenever your defense needs a big play EVERY DEFENDER looks to Dawkins for leadership and they play better because they dont want to "let him down" similar to the effect Ray Lewis has. Those twos energy is unmatched in the NFL IMO.

Have you seen the effect his pregame rituals have on his teammates?

Im gonna stop.

Honestly, if I were to pinpoint one single player most responsible for the defenses performance so fat, it has to be Dawkins...I know DOOM and all that, but I bet Elvis looks to Dawkins for leadership too.

Okay, well, I certainly agree with all that, I just seemed to recall an overall sense that we were getting Dawkins well past his prime when the signing was announced. I looked at some stories, though, I seem to be wrong.

BroncoInSkinland
10-25-2009, 01:21 AM

By the way, good thread.

Whoa, hey please don't get me confused with a chiefs fan. BossChief seems to be a good guy, and Crazyhorse is, of course, the man, but to me, calling a guy a chiefs fan is fightin words. i'd hate ta hafta send spider over to throat punch ya. ;)

Que
10-25-2009, 01:23 AM
No, the vibe on Dawk when we signed him was veteren leadership rather than a player in his prime. So when I say marquee the hype around the signing at the time wasn't on the order of an Ed Reed or the like. People didn't view it as a game changer. Now in reality I agree with you - Dawk is huge on this D and probably the major reason for the change.

Could also be that the league was also going through the WTF McDaniels Cutler broohaha reaction at the time too and we could have signed Jesus and people would have poopooed it unless the son of god was a RB eating NT slab of beef in the middle.

BroncoInSkinland
10-25-2009, 01:26 AM

I agree it is a ways off, but if you expect to see anything resembling the line from last year you are in for one hell of a surprise. I was actually down on our line all off season, had concerns that we weren't bringing in any quality guys to replace what I figured to be the worst unit on our team, but I will tell you now, that the FA's they managed to acquire are unbelievable. Do your self a favor, and check out our line work the next time you can find a Denver game. You will be much happier if you see what you are gonna be up against ahead of time. Guys with their hands on the ground this year vs last year is like night and day.

BossChief
10-25-2009, 02:26 AM
I agree it is a ways off, but if you expect to see anything resembling the line from last year you are in for one hell of a surprise. I was actually down on our line all off season, had concerns that we weren't bringing in any quality guys to replace what I figured to be the worst unit on our team, but I will tell you now, that the FA's they managed to acquire are unbelievable. Do your self a favor, and check out our line work the next time you can find a Denver game. You will be much happier if you see what you are gonna be up against ahead of time. Guys with their hands on the ground this year vs last year is like night and day.

I look forward to our meeting!

Some of us might even engage in some harmless sig/avatar bets for use during the whole offseason when they are allowed to make things more interesting.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 01:17 AM
boy did it get ugly today!

BossChief
11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
any questions?

BuckinKaeding
11-11-2009, 02:02 PM
How does it feel knowing that the San Diego Chargers have won 13 Division titles compared to your lowly 7? Only the Seahawks have less than you.

Pick Six
11-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Branden Albert, Brandon Flowers, Tyson Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Glenn Dorsey

Bowe has a severe case of the dropsies. Tyson Jackson....MAYBE. The rest of the list is good...

Tom A Hawk
11-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Being nice to chief fans...6-0 has made us soft as a group. --yes it has

Any rate, have you or do you have a mullet?never, but you would look good in one

Your feelings on brother-sister marriages.no, don't marry your sister

Do you have the remains of a Camaro in your back yard?no, why do you want one?

The uniform looks like a used tampon...thoughts?that is a good way to describe those brown and mustards the Broncos wear

Isnt Boss and chief in the same s/n redundant?yes

Is Carl Peterson your hero?Carl who?[/I]

How does it feel to know the last time your team won a meaningful game...Nixon was president?[I]Remembering Nixon????? good memories

Do you know Bob, and if so, is it true he has saggy man boobies?I think Bronco fans on this board know best. He was here an awful lot showing them to you....or was that his ass?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood...would he start in your secondary?Not today, but in his day Chuck Woodson would have

Todd Haley: Drama queen?golf pro

How come KC smells like feet?you need to quit hanging out in the industrial district. Everyone knows KC smells like BBQ. Ask Whitlock

Let me help the bossman answer these questions

BossChief
11-24-2009, 12:09 AM
So, need any words of wisdom from "the outside in"? Being I have pretty much nailed every post I have typed into this site...

Broncos_OTM
11-24-2009, 01:26 AM
congrats to the chiefs yesterday. and the raiders. man i hate the chargers.

Archer81
11-24-2009, 01:50 AM
How does it feel knowing that the San Diego Chargers have won 13 Division titles compared to your lowly 7? Only the Seahawks have less than you.

Huh...how many Lombardis do you have?

BossChief
11-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Huh...how many Lombardis do you have?

I dont have any.

The team has one though.:thumbsup:

Check back in a couple years...

Archer81
11-24-2009, 02:26 AM
I dont have any.

The team has one though.:thumbsup:

Check back in a couple years...

Its been 50 years...why hurry it?

BossChief
11-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Its been 50 years...why hurry it?

if you were talking about the Chargers, which I think you were, I believe their count still rests firmly at 0

watermock
11-24-2009, 02:56 AM
I remember.

I was so pissed off I beat up my best friend in the front yard.

In football. Kinda. I was 9.

BossChief
11-24-2009, 03:00 AM
I remember.

I was so pissed off I beat up my best friend in the front yard.

In football. Kinda. I was 9.

best defense ever

#1 scoring d
#1 rush d
#1 pass d
#1 sacks

"65 toss power trap...its gonna bust wide open boys!"

Archer81
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
if you were talking about the Chargers, which I think you were, I believe their count still rests firmly at 0

Yup.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
My door is always open.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/csl0852l.jpg

:welcome: