PDA

View Full Version : Lucid dreaming, anyone?

BlaK-Argentina
10-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Has anyone tried this? For those that don't know, it's the ability to become lucid while you're dreaming (duh), thus being able to go wherever you want and do whatever you want. This can be very difficult for some people but once you get the hang of it you can do it pretty much at will.

There are a number of different techniques to achieve lucidity, some of them require to fall asleep while actually being conscious (I've never been able to do this) and in others you'll need to recognize your "dream signs" or do "reality checks" to see if you are dreaming or not. Lucid dreams are usually very vivid so it really feels like real life. (except for all the non-sense that comes with dreaming)

I'm no expert but I've had a number of lucid dreams after practicing for a week and it was fun as hell. The first few times I actually got too excited after becoming lucid and woke up, but after that I had some dreams were some crazy things happened and I said to myself: "Ok, this is BS, I must be dreaming" and voila, suddenly it became really vivid, almost like real life and I could do whatever I wanted... didn't last long though, I woke up trying to take off and fly. :P

Maybe some of you have experienced what is called Sleep Paralysis, where you suddenly wake up and can't move your body. This can actually be pretty scary as some people see crazy things and hear screams and what not in this stage. Not being able to move is pretty scary in itself. This is a normal thing though, and we ALL go through this Sleep Paralysis stage when we're sleeping, as our mind shuts down our body to prevent us from falling out of our bed or start running while dreaming. SP is used to become lucid in a technique called WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming), where the person will consciously enter the SP stage and enter a dream from there.

Ok I know this may sound really crazy if you never heard of lucid dreaming before but it's not. If you're interested in this subject, check out www.dreamviews.com. There's a very cool forum there and a lot of FAQs with different techniques to induce lucid dreaming.

I'd like to hear from you guys, I'm sure someone must've had a lucid dream at some point in life.

Popps
10-23-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.ksco.com/pictures/hosts/artbell.jpg

Taco John
10-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I've had it happen one time in the middle of a dream where I was flying. I realize, "wait a minute, I can't fly - I must be dreaming." And then decided that I liked flying, and went with it.

Broncosfreak_56
10-23-2009, 05:19 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yCDiZuH9zmM/Ru30R9pj99I/AAAAAAAAAU0/nq4gtH794wc/s320/Herbert.gif

gunns
10-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I just hate waking up from some lucid dreams...you know the ones.

PRBronco
10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
As much as I like the idea of being able to take it to a pre Hepatitis Pamela Anderson on a nightly basis, that little blurb on sleep paralysis scared the bejesus out of me :(

BlaK-Argentina
10-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok I get it, you're making fun of me. You guys need to watch some more Discovery Channel. ;D
I guess I'm the only one that as a kid thought it would be cool to dream about whatever I wanted to (like in the Jetsons were they would program the kids' dreams) and later found out that it is actually possible?

BlaK-Argentina
10-23-2009, 05:41 PM
As much as I like the idea of being able to take it to a pre Hepatitis Pamela Anderson on a nightly basis, that little blurb on sleep paralysis scared the bejesus out of me :(

You don't need to go through that necessarily to dream lucidly. But yes, it happened to me before I researched it and found out what it was and it scared the hell out of me.

watermock
10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
heh. I used up all my frequent flyer miles for now....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HpY31CGgqY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HpY31CGgqY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pseudofool
10-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Watch the film, Waking Life. I think it's Richard Linklater who directed it. A cool flick on lucid dreaming.

Don Flamenco
10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I used to do it all the time until a couple of years ago. For some reason my mind, every time I was about to do I wanted to in the dream would wake me up. So then I would think that I would be awake while I was really still dreaming. After this happened a couple of times, I started realizing in my dream that I wasn't really awake, but then my dream would wake me up again, but I would still be in another dream.

For some reason i don't think my mind wants me to control my dreams.

watermock
10-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Thart's because when you realize you're lucid dreaming, you start taking control. Better if you just watch and observe, maintaining awareness.

Don Flamenco
10-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I was able to lucid dream taking almost complete control all my life until about 25.

It is muuuuch funner than just observing... But I see what you are saying

watermock
10-23-2009, 06:16 PM
In Castenada's books he always says to find your feet first.

I went from a brain dead state to visions for 2 months. They had to chill me to bring me back.

SportinOne
10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Wow, so there is a name for waking up and thinking you are having a seizure? I figured it was something normal but, yes, it IS scary the first couple times.

Regarding the lucid dreams, this reminds me of dosing LSD. Anything you want to see can be seen. Even better, you are awake.

Broncojef
10-23-2009, 06:30 PM

:thumbsup:

Hogan11
10-23-2009, 06:35 PM

I like Noory better myself.

As far as dreams go, I never put much stock in them.

Br0nc0Buster
10-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Iv had a few instances where I realized I was dreaming and then was able to control what was going on

For example I think my last one I was being chased by someone or something that wanted to kill me. Once I realized I was dreaming I stopped running and because I didnt want to do that anymore the person or thing chasing me just kinda dissapeared

Kinda hard to explain but there have been a few instances where I was able to tell it was a dream and then do things I otherwise might not of been able to

BlaK-Argentina
10-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Iv had a few instances where I realized I was dreaming and then was able to control what was going on

For example I think my last one I was being chased by someone or something that wanted to kill me. Once I realized I was dreaming I stopped running and because I didnt want to do that anymore the person or thing chasing me just kinda dissapeared

Kinda hard to explain but there have been a few instances where I was able to tell it was a dream and then do things I otherwise might not of been able to

That EXACT thing happened to me. That was my last lucid dream. Though I know who was chasing me: Ledger's Joker. :rofl:

Bronco X
10-23-2009, 07:18 PM
I never thought I'd see a lucid dreaming thread on this forum! Nice! Some people can do it naturally but others (like me) have to train themselves, and it's requires some dedication. It's a good idea to keep a dream journal... this is the best way to increase dream recall which is important for becoming familiar with dreams and recognizing dream signs.

Also as Blak said, doing reality checks, which is essentially asking yourself (and taking the question seriously) if you are dreaming, throughout the day. That might seem silly but if you don't do it while you are awake, you are unlikely to do it when you are dreaming. Also if you don't actually to some genuine analysis and accept that you are not dreaming immediately, you may wind up doing that when you are dreaming. Most people when they are dreaming think they are awake, so the reality checks are about training yourself to figure out you are dreaming when you are dreaming.

There are actually some great benefits to lucid dreaming. As others have said, you can immediately escape nightmares... often anxieties manifest themselves in dreams and you can actually ease these anxieties in life through lucid dreaming practice. You'd be surprised how much a dream can affect you when you're awake even if you don't remember them.

Also if you learn dream control, your dreams can be a virtual reality like experience where you can have vivid life like sex with super models, fly over majestic landscapes, win the Super Bowl for the Broncos... whatever.

A good book is "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen Laberge if you want to train yourself to lucid dream. I also second the recommendation of "Waking Life"... awesome flick.

Archer81
10-23-2009, 07:23 PM
I know when I am dreaming...so maybe it says something that I dont try to control it.

:Broncos:

Kid A
10-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Watch the film, Waking Life. I think it's Richard Linklater who directed it. A cool flick on lucid dreaming.

The film "Abre Los Ojos" (later remade as Vanilla Sky) got into that too, except much more of a sci-fi angle. Didn't know it was this accessible to so many people though. Fascinating.

BlaK-Argentina
10-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I never thought I'd see a lucid dreaming thread on this forum! Nice! Some people can do it naturally but others (like me) have to train themselves, and it's requires some dedication. It's a good idea to keep a dream journal... this is the best way to increase dream recall which is important for becoming familiar with dreams and recognizing dream signs.

Also as Blak said, doing reality checks, which is essentially asking yourself (and taking the question seriously) if you are dreaming, throughout the day. That might seem silly but if you don't do it while you are awake, you are unlikely to do it when you are dreaming. Also if you don't actually to some genuine analysis and accept that you are not dreaming immediately, you may wind up doing that when you are dreaming. Most people when they are dreaming think they are awake, so the reality checks are about training yourself to figure out you are dreaming when you are dreaming.

There are actually some great benefits to lucid dreaming. As others have said, you can immediately escape nightmares... often anxieties manifest themselves in dreams and you can actually ease these anxieties in life through lucid dreaming practice. You'd be surprised how much a dream can affect you when you're awake even if you don't remember them.

Also if you learn dream control, your dreams can be a virtual reality like experience where you can have vivid life like sex with super models, fly over majestic landscapes, win the Super Bowl for the Broncos... whatever.

A good book is "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen Laberge if you want to train yourself to lucid dream. I also second the recommendation of "Waking Life"... awesome flick.

Nice post! I haven't practiced my english much lately so I was having a bit of trouble explaining some things but you nailed it! :D

I had my first lucid dream thanks to reality checking; I would look at my hands and make sure they looked normal, as they look weird in dreams and usually have more fingers. ;D I tried the dream journal and after just a couple of days I could remember 4 or 5 dreams. Now I gave it up and I'm having a tough time remembering any. I want to get back to lucid dreaming though, it's fun as hell.

Cleo McDowell
10-24-2009, 10:08 PM
http://thisman.org/

crazy stuff.

Taco John
10-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I like Noory better myself.

As far as dreams go, I never put much stock in them.

Blasphemer. Noory made me leave the program. He couldn't match the master of the paranormal interview.

broncocalijohn
10-24-2009, 10:36 PM
i just dont want to buy BAZI with the dreaming. If this is some type of multi level dreaming where i have to pay to achieve a higher sensation, I will just go to my local Christian Scientist Hall.

worm
10-24-2009, 11:40 PM
I am almost positive that this Broncos season is just a very real, lucid dream.

No other explanation makes sense.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2009, 12:25 AM
I've had them, but usually get too excited when I realize its happening and then wake up.

Blart
10-25-2009, 02:37 AM
I dreamed the Broncos were 16-0 and going into game 1 of the playoffs vs the Chargers (it was a dream). Jake Plummer was on our team, much like Vick is to the Eagles, and he had some specialty plays in the Wild Horse formation where he'd do a handball move.

At halftime we were down 0 - 42 and the guys were really sad, very lonely, and all the fans were booing except me, and mcdaniels noticed my enthusiasm so he invited me to the locker room to give the boys a "pep talk". They took off their helmets and pads and they were so sweaty, the whole room smelled of Bronco musk. Needless to say they were late getting back on the field for the 3rd quarter but they dominated from that time on. 45-42 Denver was the final score.

Cleo McDowell
10-25-2009, 02:45 AM
I dreamed the Broncos were 16-0 and going into game 1 of the playoffs vs the Chargers (it was a dream). Jake Plummer was on our team, much like Vick is to the Eagles, and he had some specialty plays in the Wild Horse formation where he'd do a handball move.

At halftime we were down 0 - 42 and the guys were really sad, very lonely, and all the fans were booing except me, and mcdaniels noticed my enthusiasm so he invited me to the locker room to give the boys a "pep talk". They took off their helmets and pads and they were so sweaty, the whole room smelled of Bronco musk. Needless to say they were late getting back on the field for the 3rd quarter but they dominated from that time on. 45-42 Denver was the final score.

ummm...

NYBronco
10-25-2009, 05:53 AM
The PS I experience often but never knew until now that there was a name/explanation for it.

The LDing I believe I have also experienced in the form of flying and it only takes a minimal amount of effort in my dreams to get flying. Like a bouncier step in my walk and I usually control my height to tree top level. Again did not know there was a name let alone study on the event(s).

Thanks for the info and sharing Blak Argentina.

BossChief
10-25-2009, 06:08 AM
heh. I used up all my frequent flyer miles for now....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HpY31CGgqY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HpY31CGgqY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That must have been one of the best live shows of all friggin time!

watermock
10-25-2009, 06:36 AM
All 'cept the stupid pig....

Broncoman13
10-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Has anyone tried this? For those that don't know, it's the ability to become lucid while you're dreaming (duh), thus being able to go wherever you want and do whatever you want. This can be very difficult for some people but once you get the hang of it you can do it pretty much at will.

There are a number of different techniques to achieve lucidity, some of them require to fall asleep while actually being conscious (I've never been able to do this) and in others you'll need to recognize your "dream signs" or do "reality checks" to see if you are dreaming or not. Lucid dreams are usually very vivid so it really feels like real life. (except for all the non-sense that comes with dreaming)

I'm no expert but I've had a number of lucid dreams after practicing for a week and it was fun as hell. The first few times I actually got too excited after becoming lucid and woke up, but after that I had some dreams were some crazy things happened and I said to myself: "Ok, this is BS, I must be dreaming" and voila, suddenly it became really vivid, almost like real life and I could do whatever I wanted... didn't last long though, I woke up trying to take off and fly. :P

Maybe some of you have experienced what is called Sleep Paralysis, where you suddenly wake up and can't move your body. This can actually be pretty scary as some people see crazy things and hear screams and what not in this stage. Not being able to move is pretty scary in itself. This is a normal thing though, and we ALL go through this Sleep Paralysis stage when we're sleeping, as our mind shuts down our body to prevent us from falling out of our bed or start running while dreaming. SP is used to become lucid in a technique called WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming), where the person will consciously enter the SP stage and enter a dream from there.

Ok I know this may sound really crazy if you never heard of lucid dreaming before but it's not. If you're interested in this subject, check out www.dreamviews.com. There's a very cool forum there and a lot of FAQs with different techniques to induce lucid dreaming.

I'd like to hear from you guys, I'm sure someone must've had a lucid dream at some point in life.

All the time... I used to have a lot better control of it as a kid. As I grow older it seems I go longer and longer between episodes or events or whatever you'd like to call it. Generally, it starts off with a dream of playing basketball. I go up and dunk like a mad man and I get some serious hang time, that is my indicator that I'm dreaming ;D (really though) and that dream will undoubtedly turn into a dream in which I can fly. I'd venture to guess I've had flying dreams 500 times or more.

delany
06-14-2013, 04:32 PM
I had a lucid dream last night that the Broncos won the Super Bowl this year.

It was great.

There were midgets.

+EDV was better than keno.

Chris
06-14-2013, 04:39 PM
I had a lucid dream last night that the Broncos won the Super Bowl this year.

It was great.

There were midgets.

+EDV was better than keno.

I had a lucid dream that we won the SB and then thunder and I tag teamed the spice girls in their prime. High hoof five!

sisterhellfyre
06-14-2013, 06:41 PM
I'd venture to guess I've had flying dreams 500 times or more.

The best dreams I've ever had, and the worst, were both lucid dreams. Funny, but both the best and the worst were within the last couple years.

I've had flying dreams all my life, as far back as I can remember. They make a good barometer for how I feel my life is going at the time. Sometimes they're wildly freeing and fun, and I can swoop and soar all over the place, with aerobatics, to any altitude I want. Sometimes they're frustrating, because I can just barely get a couple inches off the ground, kind of like I was "step-sliding" on the air, but I can't get enough headway for a real takeoff. Other times, when I've been having a tough time in the waking world, my flying dreams disappear altogether for months at a time. Like when I was going through separation and divorce, back in 2000, or recovering from the kidney failure crash in 2004.

The best dream I've ever had was just a few days ago. It was a flying dream, but this time I realized (learned?) that I was actually in control of the dream. I hadn't ever noticed before that my previous flying dreams were rather "passive:" I was gliding, more than flying, and at the mercy of whatever elements, air currents, thermals, or whatever I found. (Tho I've never lost control and crashed in a flying dream.) For this recent dream, I could rise up off the ground at will, and go where I wanted for as long as I wanted, without concern about losing the mojo (or whatever) and having to come back to the ground.

It's probably not a coincidence that this best-ever flying dream comes at the same time as I'm buying my first house. Buying a home is something I'd never seriously thought I'd do, but I've been working with a realtor and mortgage broker the last few weeks. Assuming everything stays on track as planned so far, the closing date will be July 19th. (Which also happens to be the first day of the vacation time we planned back in March, before I'd even begun seriously thinking about buying a home or moving into it. The timing kinda transcends coincidence into synchronicity.)

In the worst dream I've ever had, I was trapped in some sort of dark, gritty, grim condition of life. My apartment was dirty and run down, I had a job I hated, the atmosphere was foul -- you name it, it was just bad. Sort of like living in a real-life cyberpunk film noir, something like Sin City crossed with Dark City crossed with Blade Runner and Taxi Driver. There was nothing left to enjoy in life, anything that had ever been good was lost, and everything was bleak. It was just drudgery living in that world. Getting up to go to work in the morning was almost more than I could bear to face.

Then my alarm clock went off, and I woke up with a huge sense of relief that it had only been a dream. I started to roll out of bed, and saw a cockroach on the floor. The bug proved I was awake, and I had all the normal bodily sensations that I don't have in my dreams. Reality crashed in as I looked around and realized that the grim, grey dreamworld was actually better than the world I'd awakened into. I wanted to cry, but there was no point to it. Why bother? So, instead, I said "**** it" to the terrible job, laid back down, and tried to go back to sleep again.

That dream-wake-back-to-sleep cycle repeated FIVE TIMES. It was so bad that when I did finally wake up, for real, I was afraid to believe my bedroom was real. What could really set this bedroom apart from the others where I'd woke up the previous five times? I had to go work that day, and I did, but I was utterly brain-dead and physically exhausted all day.

gyldenlove
06-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I rarely dream, but when I do, I often have control over events. I used to dream very vividly quite frequently it would often freak me out as a child, but I eventually got to the point of being able to quickly detect when I am dreaming and gain control of what is happening or if necessary wake up or just stop dreaming.

R8R H8R
06-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I rarely dream, but when I do, I often have control over events. I used to dream very vividly quite frequently it would often freak me out as a child, but I eventually got to the point of being able to quickly detect when I am dreaming and gain control of what is happening or if necessary wake up or just stop dreaming.

Maybe you meant this, but you dream every night. You just rarely remember them.

baja
06-14-2013, 07:53 PM
I have had that sleep paralysis many times. It freaks you out at first. I still fly in my dreams and the are very vivid.

ZONA
06-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Happens to me all the time and actually I don't like it. I'll wake up in the morning at like 4AM and say to myself I'm just going to lay here for a half an hour and I think of doing stuff and I say to myself alright, half hour is up and I look at the clock and 3 or 4 hours has gone by. I don't like that.

ghwk
06-14-2013, 08:41 PM
I had a lucid dream that I got a nuru massage and it cost me $150 bucks

It was awesome anyway.

Bronco X
06-14-2013, 08:49 PM
It'd kind of suck to have a lucid dream the Broncos won the Super Bowl. You'd know they really actually hadn't. Not sure not real there would be as satisfying as not real dream bangin' a super model.

Old Dude
06-14-2013, 09:19 PM
My favorite lucid dream started with me in a factory being overrun by zombies. I decided to levitate and fry them with lightning bolts.

Best dream, ever.

BroncoMan4ever
06-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I just hate waking up from some lucid dreams...you know the ones.

I'm going to assume these dreams star Eric Decker and a whip cream bikini?

Requiem
06-15-2013, 03:22 PM
The important thing is understanding what they mean (dreams). Very few people can achieve being lucid full fledged. Flying and doing cool **** does not imply lucidity.

broncocalijohn
06-15-2013, 03:29 PM
I have had that sleep paralysis many times. It freaks you out at first. I still fly in my dreams and the are very vivid.

You are not asleep. You are on drugs, hippie!

Chris
06-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I had a lucid dream that I got a nuru massage and it cost me $150 bucks

It was awesome anyway.

I've had that dream in Montreal.

broncolife
06-16-2013, 11:37 PM
My favorite lucid dream started with me in a factory being overrun by zombies. I decided to levitate and fry them with lightning bolts.

Best dream, ever.

Zombie dreams are some of my favorites

broncolife
06-17-2013, 12:05 AM
I hate the vivid nightmares though. In those dreams I wake up and cant move. The room is all dark and I can hear something running around in the room. I remember in one of them I managed to fall off the bed. Which was even scarier because I still couldn't move and was closer to whatever was in my room. One time I fell a sleep in the day time and woke up and couldn't move. This time I could see, since it was light and I saw two 2 or 3 foot creatures at my feet. Then all of a sudden a third creature appeared to left of my face and moved right in front of my face. Scared the living hell out of me since I have never seen anything like them. I can usually tell when I am going to have one of those types of dreams, so I usually leave the lights on so I can tell its a dream if its dark. I also remember a dream from like 30 years ago when I was a kid. We had a bunk bed and near the top bunk was a window. I was sleeping on the bottom bunk and woke up. I saw the wind blowing the curtain of the small window and I went up to close the window. I pulled the curtain back and I saw something close to the picture. Anyways I ran to my parents room but the door was locked. So I tried to yell but nothing came out, so I beat on the door. I then went into the living room then back to my room and hid underneath the bed. I woke up the next day under the bed.

broncolife
06-17-2013, 12:13 AM
This is not really a dream because I am awake. Sometimes when I wake I can see a big spider on the wall and then it disappears. I also see a black ball of string moving very strangely in the air. I am assuming it has something to do with the eyes.

ZONA
06-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Last night I only remember the tail end of a dream. I was playing whoops and somebody went past me as I was guarding them and and I reached out to try and grab them and I could feel my arm swing in real life and woke up that instant as my hand hit my headboard ........hahaha. Pretty funny.

broncosteven
06-17-2013, 11:49 AM
I have been able to control my dreams recently, I think the trick is that during the school year I would have to get up and drive my kid to school, most days when I didn't sleep well the night before I would go back to sleep when I got home, who am I kidding this was almost every day. The days where I fell right back to sleep I found I dreamt (sp?) more and was even able to dictate the outcome. The days where I would lay there and watch tv before dozing off I would maybe dream but it was short and uncontrolable(sp?).

I guess the key is waking up after a couple hours of sleep then going back to sleep quickly, but you have to have been up and aware of your actions before getting back into a sleep that you can dream in.

That and taking a handful of goofballs helps.

It is pretty cool when you get one that you can control. Most of the ones I control don't end they fade out and I know I am awake but I am still laying there trying to keep the dream going. Maybe that part is the sleep paralasis part?

Quoydogs
06-17-2013, 12:00 PM
The patch !

Every time I decide to quit smoking I go on the patch.

Thanks to the Patch I have vacationed in Alaska, had a mocha chick serve me naked and took a safari in Africa.

What he talks about is true. If you ever need a quick cheap get away hit the patch.

Craziest dreams you will ever have. I had to stop wearing them at night because even though I was sleeping my brain gets no rest.

Houshyamama
06-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I frequently have flying dreams, always very similar in nature. I suppose I know I'm dreaming and have a certain amount of control over my actions, but I can never control the setting. Very strange.

Houshyamama
06-17-2013, 12:25 PM
This is not really a dream because I am awake. Sometimes when I wake I can see a big spider on the wall and then it disappears. I also see a black ball of string moving very strangely in the air. I am assuming it has something to do with the eyes.

This happens to my girlfriend sometimes. I've looked into it and it's pretty common.

Bacchus
06-17-2013, 12:51 PM

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/6/3/12/anigif_enhanced-buzz-26714-1370275425-17.gif

55CrushEm
06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I'm lucid dreaming!!!!!

Requiem
06-17-2013, 01:01 PM
I frequently have flying dreams, always very similar in nature. I suppose I know I'm dreaming and have a certain amount of control over my actions, but I can never control the setting. Very strange.

Then you likely are doing well in life and don't have many stressors. Flying dreams usually, if not always happen when you break through a barrier or are going forward in motion. Really an easy symbolic thing to analyze. You aren't going to have these sort of dreams if you are in a bad way, super stressed, etc.

I probably have a flying dream once a month. However, I always have them after bouts with my kidney issues when I am on the mend. I also have a lot of dreams where I play musical instruments and fly when playing them too -- which is usually after a jam session or when I get done recording some stuff.

I've kept a dream journal ever since 2010 because it is a good training method for lucid and other types of dreaming. I was getting to the point where I would have 3-5 separate dreams a night and be able to recall them in detail each that would be several pages in length. When you become a lucid dreamer, astral projection becomes possible, though few ever get there.

I've had a lot of weird precognitive dreams and as of late, happen to talk to people in my dreams who I don't know, write down their names (when asking them in dream land) and oddly enough run into someone I have never met with that name within the next few days.

My craziest precognitive dream was about 4 or 5 months before I moved to Colorado, well before I had even made that decision. I was driving through the mountains and ended up stopping at a 7-11 gas station where there was an odd conversation discussing the amount of money it was going to cost to repair the gas lines at the store ($250,000) -- and how ridiculous the two male clerks thought it was that it cost so much, when they could likely get a better location for the same price and have a whole new store.

Low and behold, when I stop in Winter Park to get some stuff before moving into my place, that exact same conversation happens. I always carry my dream journal with my in my travel pack, so I went out to the car, ripped that page out and gave it to the guy who was working there.

Blew his mind, he tried yelling at me to come back in, but I knew I'd run in to him eventually. A few weeks later, I ran into him at a concert at a local bar and he had the page in his wallet, showed it to me and was like, "How the Hell can this be true?"

I just shrugged and laughed. How the Hell it works, I dunno. He was one of the best friends I made out there. Strange how things work out.

Johnykbr
06-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Because of some of the meds I'm on, pretty much 90 percent of my dreams are lucid. I actually really don't like it because I never wake up feeling rested.

Anikai
06-18-2013, 11:20 PM
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2wd93jr.jpg

theAPAOps5
06-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Holy thread bump! I was reading along thinking Blak had come back and was half spamming us with dream bazi stuff. Then all of a sudden there is mock posting. Talk about a jolt!

BlaK-Argentina
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Holy thread bump! I was reading along thinking Blak had come back and was half spamming us with dream bazi stuff. Then all of a sudden there is mock posting. Talk about a jolt!

:wave:

I'm still here man! I've been reading the Mane for at least a few minutes almost everyday, just haven't been posting.

Also haven't been logging in, just reading. But yeah, after seeing this one bumped I HAD to say something. :)

My love for the Broncos is still as strong as it ever was. :strong:

sutoazul
06-23-2013, 04:09 PM
This is very interesting. (same thing happened to me Apa, I was reading without checking the date and then saw Mock's message, had to do a double take) :))

The other day after reading this thread I had a dream that I woke up and sat in my bed and then my alarm went off to realize that it was all a dream. First time so it was weird. I remembered this thread immediately.