PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal activity??

Soul-Bronco
10-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Anyone see this flick yet?? looking to catch a good horror movie, heard this one is really good

Baba Booey
10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I've heard mixed things...some say it was scary as ****, others say it was horrible.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-23-2009, 03:03 PM
its ok

houghtam
10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
If you don't go into it expecting them to set the new standard for horror movies, and just go in looking for a fun flick with a few really good screams, you'll enjoy it.

I would also recommend going on a weekend when you can guarantee there will be plenty of people in the theater. The experience I had was made more enjoyable by watching the crowd's reaction. Although you're always rolling the dice with that if your local theater doesn't crack down on talking and texting during the feature.

As someone who runs a movie theater, I can say that the reports of people leaving the movie in tears are true. We've had quite a bit of that.

Tyrant
10-23-2009, 08:29 PM
If you liked the Blair Witch Project, you'll like this. Agree with the watching it in a theatre comment. The atmosphere made the movie.

oldustyballs
10-23-2009, 09:18 PM
You have to see it in a busy theater. The crowd experience is great.
See it late at night before you go to bed, I have heard a lot of people say they did not get scared until they tried to sleep.
If you believe in hauntings this movie will give you a couple good scares.

smalltowngrll
10-24-2009, 01:02 AM
My daughter loves horror flicks and just told me today that this wasn't worth the time.

I'm not a fan of horror flicks AT ALL!

Prodigal19
10-24-2009, 01:42 AM
I watched it alone in my room (perhaps not by exactly legal means) alone with the lights off and couldn't sleep that night and I rarely actually find movies to be scary. If you watch it with a good audience or watch it alone, you will enjoy it and find it scary.

TheDave
10-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Saw it with the wife today while the kids were at school... Two thumbs up!

Mr. Elway
10-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Tried to talk my wife into seeing it but she got scared watching the trailer!

ant1999e
I watched it alone in my room (perhaps not by exactly legal means) alone with the lights off and couldn't sleep that night and I rarely actually find movies to be scary. If you watch it with a good audience or watch it alone, you will enjoy it and find it scary.

The movie bothers me when I'm laying down for bed. Makes me wonder what goes on in my house while I slumber.

Mr. Elway
The movie bothers me when I'm laying down for bed. Makes me wonder what goes on in my houde while I slumber.

You wear a hoodie to bed?

ShutDownPoster
10-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Even though not 'great' I felt it was much better then Blair Witch Project. But kudos to the makers of the movie - such a return on investment - brilliant marketing.

Lycan
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Watched it late at night right before bed, slept like a baby. My sister watched it and she couldn't sleep at all that night. This is one of those movies you either love or hate. I found it kind of funny actually.
<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>

ant1999e
10-30-2009, 08:38 PM
You wear a hoodie to bed?

Fixed it. I was wearing a broncos hoodie when I watched the movie.ROFL!

Broncos4tw
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Blair Witch is one of the most un-scary movies.. like.. ever.

Broncotilldeath
10-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Just got home from watching it and I want a refund.

spdirty
10-30-2009, 10:35 PM

When you go into it actually thinking its a real documentary its pretty good.

spdirty
10-30-2009, 10:38 PM
BTW, can I take my 4 and 7 year olds? My 7 year old I think would get scared shltless and my 4 year old would use that opportunity to screw with him.

kent156
10-31-2009, 04:10 AM

When you go into it actually thinking its a real documentary its pretty good.

that's what got me about blair witch until well you know

Beantown Bronco
10-31-2009, 05:30 AM
BTW, can I take my 4 and 7 year olds? My 7 year old I think would get scared shltless and my 4 year old would use that opportunity to screw with him.

absolutely.....it's not like it's Ghostbusters or anything.

Hogan11
10-31-2009, 06:33 AM

Blair Witch was a hype driven, cheesy ripoff that exploited the public's gullability. The film is still reviled today because it suckered millions out of their time and money, offering virtually nothing in return other than a feeling a chumpdom. The Last Broadcast was a better film in a similar vein but never had the pub behind it to get it going.

From the concensus so far, Paranormal Activity appears to be the same mockumentary formula dusted off for a retread (afterall, it's been 10 years since Witch and a whole new generation of dupes with money to burn await).

I'll wait for the DVD to see for myself.

bap454
10-31-2009, 10:51 AM
for those thinking about going and watching this.... dont waste your money. While there were a couple of creepy parts, the majority of the crowd as we walked out were saying things like "that was stupid"," "what a waste of money". Have to say though, some people really were freaked out about it and others just laughed the whole time.

Lolad
10-31-2009, 02:33 PM
different strokes for different folks.. They milked everybody on this movie. I betcha you guys weren't aware that this movie came out 2 years ago?? You've been had if you paid to watch this movie. It's TERRIBLE! This movie proves that you can spend $10,000 and make millions by creating hype. The camera cost about half of the films budget the rest was advertisement.