PDA

View Full Version : Possible "Flex" games

Kaylore
10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Here's most of the pertinent rules of Flex Scheduling.

# Begins Sunday of Week 11
# In effect during Weeks 11-17
# Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
# The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
# # Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.Here are the eligible games:

Week 11: SD @ DEN *
Week 13: DEN @ KC
Week 14: DEN @ IND *
Week 15: OAK @ DEN
Week 16: DEN @ PHI *
week 17: KC @ DEN
*"marquis matchups"

Basically the SD game could flex because the rivalry is hot, and the Bolts season could be on the line. I question whether they'd do that since we played them already on MNF, though. Also with Philly at Chicago and Atlanta at the Giants that week, it's tough to see them picking a likely beat-down to the Bolts. I think this goes to an Atlanta Vs New York game.

Den at Indy is very intriguing. Best QB against best defense (assuming both are still there). And it could even be a battle of the last un-beatens. Unlikely, but if it's the case then this one's a slam dunk. If not, there's Green Bay at Chicago, Philly at NY, and Cincinnati at Minnesota. However those are the only three that are close to looking good. I'm willing to bet this one goes prime time.

Denver at Philly is interesting. This is assuming the Eagles don't completely implode. If they are in contention in the NFC, facing us at home is intriguing, especially if we're fighting for home field and they're going for the wild card. Not the hottest matchup but it's a soft week. The only other games that are "sexy" are SEA @ GB, BAL @ PIT and HOU @ MIA.

It will be interesting to see what they do. I can't make a reasonable case for any of the other games getting flexed, though.

DivineBronco
10-22-2009, 11:44 PM
I was just thinking about what the flex rules and such were....you clearly read my mind and I thank you for the info

spdirty
10-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Think since the Indy and Philly games are morning time starts they can only bump em up to the afternoon slots.

atomicbloke
10-23-2009, 12:20 AM
I hope they don't bump the OAK @ DEN game, since I am going to that one, and my flight out from DIA is at 8pm.

extralife
10-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I'd say the Indy game would be a lock, but Giants/Eagles the same week makes it a coin toss. If that game is anywhere near as intriguing as us and Indy, they'll go with the east coast option every time.

Archer81
10-23-2009, 12:37 AM
They wont put Oakland or KC on national television, and the Eagles and Colts are 11am games...Maybe SD...possibly. Maybe.

:Broncos:

Bronco LB52
10-23-2009, 12:46 AM
I think CBS will fight to keep Broncos-Colts and probably move it to a 2 pm start for the majority of the country to see.

Taco John
10-23-2009, 01:20 AM
We're going to be on Monday Night Football like 12 times next year.

BroncoMan4ever
10-23-2009, 01:32 AM
I'd say the Indy game would be a lock, but Giants/Eagles the same week makes it a coin toss. If that game is anywhere near as intriguing as us and Indy, they'll go with the east coast option every time.

plus with Giants Eagles having the added bonus of being a divisional game it will be the most likely moved, especially if both are still legit contenders.

the only way Indy versus Denver gets moved over the Giants Eagles game is if the Eagles implode and both Indy and Denver remain unbeaten.

also with Indy versus Denver being an early morning game, that makes it even less likely that it gets moved.

MechanicalBull
10-23-2009, 04:24 AM
Is there a list out yet on what games CBS and FOX protected so they can't be moved to SNF?

Broncobiv
10-23-2009, 04:33 AM
I hope they don't bump the OAK @ DEN game, since I am going to that one, and my flight out from DIA is at 8pm.
This is what bugs me about flex scheduling. Sometimes, 12 days just isn't enough for people from out of town to change plans and reservations and flights.

I wonder how many fans miss games and lose out on a lot of money because of flex scheduling each game.

Jens1893
10-23-2009, 05:00 AM
I think CBS will fight to keep Broncos-Colts and probably move it to a 2 pm start for the majority of the country to see.

Yep, I can see CBS protecting the Colts game especially as the Colts already have 5 prime time appearances this season and CBS would probably like to have at least one of the big Colts games. Indy currently has 3 on NBC, 1 on NFLN and 1 on ESPN.

-----

Also bear the rules for the prime time games in mind

Only 3 teams can appear a maximum of 6 times on NBC, ESPN or NFLN, everyone else gets 5 max. 4 appearances on NBC max.

SoDak Bronco
10-23-2009, 05:31 AM
I am going to the San Diego home game, do you know when they would announce that game if it is moved up? I am flying out Monday, so I don't care either way.

BroncoInSkinland
10-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Den at Indy is very intriguing. Best QB against best defense (assuming both are still there). And it could even be a battle of the last un-beatens. Unlikely, but if it's the case then this one's a slam dunk. If not, there's Green Bay at Chicago, Philly at NY, and Cincinnati at Minnesota. However those are the only three that are close to looking good. I'm willing to bet this one goes prime time.

Denver at Philly is interesting. This is assuming the Eagles don't completely implode. If they are in contention in the NFC, facing us at home is intriguing, especially if we're fighting for home field and they're going for the wild card. Not the hottest matchup but it's a soft week. The only other games that are "sexy" are SEA @ GB, BAL @ PIT and HOU @ MIA.

It will be interesting to see what they do. I can't make a reasonable case for any of the other games getting flexed, though.

Denver at Colts is a very likely one, the Phil-NY game could be for the division if Philly steps back up though, and that might make it the go to game. Besides according to every expert the NFC East is the best division in football, so of course they will want to show a Division rivalry game.

Denver at Philly has possibility too, there I would say it will depend on how the AFC East is panning out. If Balt-Pit has clear cut playoff implications I would expect to see that, particularly if it is for the division title, and the other is looking at a wildcard slot. The last assumes the Bengals trail off, I think they may have a hot start here but fizzle.

Jens1893
10-23-2009, 06:07 AM
I am going to the San Diego home game, do you know when they would announce that game if it is moved up? I am flying out Monday, so I don't care either way.

12 days for Weeks 11-16, 6 days for Week 17.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-23-2009, 06:34 AM

Here are the eligible games:

*"marquis matchups"

Basically the SD game could flex because the rivalry is hot, and the Bolts season could be on the line. I question whether they'd do that since we played them already on MNF, though. Also with Philly at Chicago and Atlanta at the Giants that week, it's tough to see them picking a likely beat-down to the Bolts. I think this goes to an Atlanta Vs New York game.

I'd be shocked if Den @ Indy wasn't flexed.

I'd be shocked if BAL @ PIT wasn't flexed.

And hell, if Richard Seymore is right and the Raiders are in the hunt for the playoffs (not buyin' it), maybe Oak @ Den... but i doubt it.

missingnumber7
10-23-2009, 06:54 AM

Here are the eligible games:

*"marquis matchups"

I'd be willing to bet that the Indy game is the only one, GB and Chi town already played on prime time, Pilly/NY??? eh maybe, and Cinci Minni don't draw...The matchup has intrigue, and with the past history between the teams, it COULD play a deciding role in home field advantage even if one or both teams had lost by this point.

UboBronco
10-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Only game I see that has a chance would be Denver @ Philly... And no, it does not matter if it is an early start game, what they do, is if they choose a late game, they move another game to fill out the late television slate.

It would replace Dallas at Washington, wow, would Jerry Jones hate losing that exposure... But right now it does not appear to be an attractive matchup. The only other game of interest I could see, Baltimore at Pittsburgh, would be a rematch of an earlier Sunday night game, so I doubt that would happen.

Plus, you have to think, if we continue on this nice pace, NBC would want to have us on at least once during the season.

So my guess, Denver @ Philly will get moved..

CBS however, may hold this game back, since they would only get to show Philly twice every year and only had them against KC earlier this year. Also, CBS has the doubleheader schedule for this weekend..

Mr.Meanie
10-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Considering Denver has 2 Monday night and 1 Thursday night, I bet they only have a shot at being flexed twice this year, which would most likely be DEN/IND (massive playoff implications) or DEN/PHI.

Colts have 3 Sunday nights already shown though, and 1 Monday, which could decrease the chance they show the Denver/Indy one.

broncocalijohn
10-23-2009, 08:00 AM

you never, ever leave the day of the game. You cant tailgate afterwards and always a rush getting out of Invesco to rsuh to airport. Probably cheaper flight, though with the holidays around the corner.

Hogan11
10-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Colts & Philly are likely canadates, but I wouldn't be surprised if neither game gets flexed

GoHAM
10-23-2009, 08:11 AM
I'd be surprised if they flexed the SD game since we play the next Thursday, it would make a very short week even shorter.

The Indy game if not protected by CBS, is the game I'd put my money on.

Kaylore
10-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I'd be surprised if they flexed the SD game since we play the next Thursday, it would make a very short week even shorter.

That actually would really suck. Not that the extra hours are that huge, but for recovery purposes and potential injuries it makes us more vulnerable.

atomicbloke
10-23-2009, 10:47 PM

It happened in the 2006 season. We played the Chargers at home on Sunday night and then traveled to Arrowhead to play the Chiefs, on Thursday night, which was thanksgiving.

Btw, those were Jake Plummer's last 2 games. :thanku:

Kaylore
10-23-2009, 10:52 PM
It happened in the 2006 season. We played the Chargers at home on Sunday night and then traveled to Arrowhead to play the Chiefs, on Thursday night, which was thanksgiving.

Btw, those were Jake Plummer's last 2 games. :thanku:

Those two games sucked too. I remember the Chiefs literally pretending they had won the Super Bowl.

KipCorrington25
10-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, does the nation want to see a KFC game? That's ratings suicide.

BroncoBuff
10-23-2009, 11:36 PM
those two games sucked too. I remember the chiefs literally pretending they had won the super bowl.

:rofl:

chadta
10-24-2009, 05:50 AM
i hope the philly game gets flexed cuz ill be in myrtle beach and i dont know what game will de shown there, and i dont wanna have to watch it on the laptop again