PDA

View Full Version : Indy, Scary

hambone13
10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Let's just say we stick within the odds, based on our 6-0 start and assume we are going to the playoffs. Being that we have to play the Colts during the season and inevitably would need to beat them in the play-offs, how does our OM ArmChair counsel feel about Indy as a team we need to beat at least once this year to get to the promised land?

I know I'm not following McD's system of only looking to the next game buuut:

How do we really stack up against them?

atomicbloke
10-22-2009, 06:23 PM
we will unleash the DOOOOOOM on them

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2009, 06:25 PM
if our offense continues to get better we can hang with them offensively. defensively if we continue on the pace we are, we can expect a close game. we match up pretty well with them. it is just going to come down to who can get the job done on the field. it will probably be a game where 1 or 2 plays either way wins it for 1 team. i expect a rough dog fight of a game.

Endzo
10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Indy hasn't played anyone. Let's let them play a semi-legit team before we make any predictions.

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 06:28 PM
The colts don't stand a chance...

RhymesayersDU
10-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Nothing new about stopping the Colts. Pressure Peyton. We all know that team begins and ends with him.

If Doom, etc, have a good day, we win. If not, we don't.

Br0nc0Buster
10-22-2009, 06:42 PM
run the ball and blitz the poo out of Manning

Steelers beat em that way

I think we can beat them, the way we play I feel we can compete with any team in the league

It would help if we were able to have Manning come to Denver if were we are to play them in the playoffs

hambone13
10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
The colts don't stand a chance...

When PM is at the helm, unfortunately Indy always stands a chance. I can't stand that guy. His phony public persona is elitist politics at best. However, the man can play some football. I'm always more worried about the Colts w/ PM than the Broncos @ Sand Diego w/ Slowik.

hambone13
10-22-2009, 06:45 PM
run the ball and blitz the poo out of Manning

Steelers beat em that way

I think we can beat them, the way we play I feel we can compete with any team in the league

It would help if we were able to have Manning come to Denver if were we are to play them in the playoffs

Miami had the recipe but choked it all away in the last 2 min....keep PM off the field...

Dandaman
10-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Don't the Colts typically play poorly against 3-4 teams (i.e. NE and SD)?

Also, I think all the talk of the broncos' past records against certain teams should be thrown out the window. This is a completely different team and we are hopefully setting a new trend around here. I would say that this includes the Colts and Raven's ownage over us and vice versa, our dominance over the Raiders and NE.

Mogulseeker
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Let's just say we stick within the odds, based on our 6-0 start and assume we are going to the playoffs. Being that we have to play the Colts during the season and inevitably would need to beat them in the play-offs, how does our OM ArmChair counsel feel about Indy as a team we need to beat at least once this year to get to the promised land?

I know I'm not following McD's system of only looking to the next game buuut:

How do we really stack up against them?

Not a system. More of a policy, and most coaches do it so...

hambone13
10-22-2009, 06:49 PM

Also, I think all the talk of the broncos' past records against certain teams should be thrown out the window. This is a completely different team and we are hopefully setting a new trend around here. I would say that this includes the Colts and Raven's ownage over us and vice versa, our dominance over the Raiders and NE.

"All the stats", of the recent broncos history is the concept that motivated me to start this thread. After last weeks win, I'm not looking at recent history for any of my opinions on what this team is capable of. I'm just lookin' for good solid banter around what we can do against our other most hated recent AFC foe...the dreaded Colts....I hate 'em.

SoDak Bronco
10-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Payton Manning is a freak, and can beat anyone and any defense, unless we get pressure like we got against Phillip in the 2nd half then we have a chance. Oh and make sure we don't have Lenny Walls in and Josh Bell playing.

loborugger
10-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Look at the teams that knocked Indy outta the play offs in the last decade. SD, NE, and Pitt. All ran a 3-4. Get Jughead dancing on his happy feet back there and give them 'protection issues' and they are done. Cant run the ball and arent a dominating 'D'. Pretty simple.

hambone13
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Not a system. More of a policy, and most coaches do it so...

huh?

tsiguy96
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM
run, run, rtun some more, even if it isnt working, keep at it.

hambone13
10-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Look at the teams that knocked Indy outta the play offs in the last decade. SD, NE, and Pitt. All ran a 3-4. Get Jughead dancing on his happy feet back there and give them 'protection issues' and they are done. Cant run the ball and arent a dominating 'D'. Pretty simple.

I love the Jughead reference. I just can't stand his presuming public arrogance through false humility..... (i.e. playing himself on that commercial where he talked about himself as though he were a fan. I always thought that was equivalent to referring to yourself in the 3rd person. Elway would never have done that commercial.)

mhgaffney
10-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Ball control and time of possession will be important.

hambone13
10-22-2009, 07:06 PM

Yep, that was Miami's recipe...

spdirty
10-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Knock Manning around, frustrate him, force some mistakes, control the clock, we can beat em. I know its a looooong way away but I really cant wait for that one. As well as the Steelers and Chargers again.

UberBroncoMan
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Yep, that was Miami's recipe...

Worked out well for them :wiggle: :~ohyah!:!

Pressure is the only way.

Make Manning fail and the entire team will fail.

gunns
10-22-2009, 08:01 PM

I've been thinking the same thing. This isn't the Broncos we've known for the past 30 years. This is more of the Orange Crush days, with a running game and better coaching. I think the Ravens realize that, I doubt the Colts do. What a surprise for them!

Gcver2ver3
10-22-2009, 08:10 PM
we appear to be possibly the best defense in the league at generating pressure (still hard to believe)...

pressure is the way to get to Peyton and he's struggled vs good 3-4 defenses because he can't always predict where the rush will come from so he can't tell his boys upfront how to block presnap...

with that said, i still believe the colts are the class of the AFC and that in the end Peyton will just be too much for us...

Peyton is playing at the highest level i've ever seen a QB play...

dragondawg
10-22-2009, 08:50 PM
put champ on reggie wayne, marvin harrison is not there anymore so champ won't have to cover him and let wayne burn the other corner

ZONA
10-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Peyton is no different then Rivers or Brady in that it's hard for them to hurt you when they are laying on their backs.

lex
10-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Miami had the recipe but choked it all away in the last 2 min....keep PM off the field...

Doesnt Miami have two rookies in their defensive backfield? I know they have at least 1 and they let two guys walk.

bpc
10-22-2009, 08:59 PM
The Colts have always had problems with the 3-4. I feel a lot better bringing a pass rush to the battle this time around.

Prodigal19
10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
One man.
Roc. Alexander.

Re-sign him and Payton stands no cahnce.

TheChamp24
10-22-2009, 09:08 PM
How about we worry first about finishing up the regular season.
Don't get too ahead of ourselves talking about how we match up with somebody in the playoffs.

Archer81
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Unicorn jizz has restorative properties.

:Broncos:

ak1971
10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Unicorn jizz has restorative properties.

are you still humping TheRev

Archer81
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
are you still humping TheRev

Wore the lil fellah out.

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Quite frankly, Im less worried about the Colts this year than I ever was under Shanahan. Peyton had Shanny's number, period. Will Peyton have McDs? I dont know, McD was on those Patriot teams that completely owned the Colts for many years. Hopefully he learned what is necessary to beat Peyton.

Mediator12
10-22-2009, 09:47 PM
While DEN is not the same this year, neither is INDY.

INDY is a lot better than they were starting out last year 3-3, and their defense is playing really sound without Bob Sanders, Kelvin Hayden, and Marlin Jackson in the secondary. Yes, they did get beat up in MIA, but Peyton took that 3-4 defense to school when the blitzed him. INDY has completely changed their 3-4 protection this year having to face a JAX team that has also ran a predominantly 3-4 base. Their running game is starting to get going since the passing game has been so precise.

What this game would be is 2 really solid fundamentally sound teams going at it. Right now, it would be a toss up as to who makes the least mistakes wins IMHO.....

Dr.5280
10-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Bad MoJo to be talking about the Colts till we beat the teams in front of them on the schedual. Quit flappin your lips.

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 09:59 PM
While DEN is not the same this year, neither is INDY.

INDY is a lot better than they were starting out last year 3-3, and their defense is playing really sound without Bob Sanders, Kelvin Hayden, and Marlin Jackson in the secondary. Yes, they did get beat up in MIA, but Peyton took that 3-4 defense to school when the blitzed him. INDY has completely changed their 3-4 protection this year having to face a JAX team that has also ran a predominantly 3-4 base. Their running game is starting to get going since the passing game has been so precise.

What this game would be is 2 really solid fundamentally sound teams going at it. Right now, it would be a toss up as to who makes the least mistakes wins IMHO.....

I dont know, Jacksonville lost this year but they were in it and Jacksonville isn't a really good team. Indy won by 2, at home. They only won by 4 against Miami (and they should have lost that game). Those are their two best opponents they have faced this year and if they were really as good as everyone is saying they would have handled up better than that if they were so much better like you say.

Indy is one of the top 4 teams in the league, dont get me wrong, and Peyton is still the best pure QB IMO to ever play the game, but their defense is atrocious. Bob Sanders might stop those big run plays from being HUGE but he isn't going to shut down the gaping holes in their run defense.

I think Denver matches up well with Indy this year. I dont know if they can win, being that its in Indy, but I like our matchup against this this year better than I have since Peyton entered the league.

Mediator12
10-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I dont know, Jacksonville lost this year but they were in it and Jacksonville isn't a really good team. Indy won by 2, at home. They only won by 4 against Miami (and they should have lost that game). Those are their two best opponents they have faced this year and if they were really as good as everyone is saying they would have handled up better than that if they were so much better like you say.

Indy is one of the top 4 teams in the league, dont get me wrong, and Peyton is still the best pure QB IMO to ever play the game, but their defense is atrocious. Bob Sanders might stop those big run plays from being HUGE but he isn't going to shut down the gaping holes in their run defense.

I think Denver matches up well with Indy this year. I dont know if they can win, being that its in Indy, but I like our matchup against this this year better than I have since Peyton entered the league.

The only "holes" in the run defense were against MIA's version of the wild cat. Since that game they have given up less than 150 yds rushing in 3 games. 40 of which came on the final drive by TEN with the game over. The run defense has improved dramatically unless you can run the MIA Wildcat.

As for the other games, you obviously did not watch them. JAX was only close becasue INDY turned the ball over 4 times to JAX, twice in the redzone. JAX's offense was Non-existent and got 9 points off those TO's. MIA was a fluke game. INDY did not play well defensively, but totally destroyed MIA's 3-4 Blitz packages. That was a road night game too. Then, you forgot the actual best opponent INDY has played. That would be another back to back road night game in ARI. You know where they shut down ARI's potent passing offense and allowed 20 yards rushing and 10 points.

Your points are outcome related and all I hear is idiots saying DEN should have LOST to CIN in their opener. Those people did not watch that game. DEN had every right to win that game and they got lucky with that bounce. Same thing about NE and winning the overtime coin toss. The only people who think that misse the whole game. Good teams overcome adversity and take victory from the less prepared. That is what DEN and INDY are doing so far.

And, the defense is second in the NFL Points per game. You should have noticed that when you were so stunned DEN was in 1st :welcome:

SonOfLe-loLang
10-22-2009, 10:57 PM
In my experience in watching peyton, the only way he seems to get disrupted is if you can get pressure on him from the middle of the pocket so he has trouble stepping up and throwing. He'll def. complete some anyway, but if you can successfully collapse the pocket on a consistent basis (from the middle), you have a good chance. Now, thats easier said than done.

BroncoMan4ever
10-22-2009, 11:53 PM
why is everyone so anti-Peyton?

i actually like the guy(when he isn't playing Denver, in that case i want him to end up buried under a mountain of blue and orange jerseys)

what is wrong with the guy taking advantage of the endorsement opportunities available to him? none of us complained at McCaffrey making a bit of a fool of himself with his old McDonald's commercials. why is it so evil of Manning to do the same thing?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Stinky threw us under the bus on BSPN today - picked the Colts.

I couldn't believe my ears. :oyvey:

Archer81
10-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Indi is only scary because of our lack of success against them. The game plan to beat the Colts is not mindwarping. Control TOP and get pressure on Manning to force 3 and outs or turnovers. Tennessee, NE and on occassion Jacksonville does it consistently.

BMarsh615
10-23-2009, 01:08 AM
The Colts haven't play anybody. I think the Chargers would have been undefeated right now with the schedule the Colts have.

cutthemdown
10-23-2009, 01:48 AM
They have some problems on the oline. IMO unless we exploit that they would be tough to beat. You have to beat Manning to beat the colts and that isn't super easy to do. We need better running game to keep him off the field.

Most important is inside pressure, and outside pressure. Manning hats pressure which is why he gets rid of ball so quick.

lazarus4444
10-23-2009, 02:30 AM
I really like manning too, he's goofy and when he's done just may be the best QB to ever play the game. Yes, even better than Favre but without all the nut sucking that favre gets.

cutthemdown
10-23-2009, 02:43 AM
The Colts easy schedule also a reason I feel they will be tough to beat. They probably get home field.

cmhargrove
10-23-2009, 06:17 AM
I heard if we pay this chick a couple grand, she could take out Dallas Clark for us.

jhns
10-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Indy will be tough now that they have a defense. Between them, the Steelers, and the Giants, I think we will have a good idea of where we stand before the playoffs start.

Gort
10-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Bad MoJo to be talking about the Colts till we beat the teams in front of them on the schedual. Quit flappin your lips.

i don't know if i agree with this bad mojo stuff about discussing future games... but anyone who is NOT scared by a matchup with Manning ought to have their head examined. he can beat even good teams by 3+ TDs. this Denver defense is still not proven against an offense like that. i hope McD and his staff are already working on a gameplan for them. we've not solved the Manning riddle yet and it's been 6 years since he first opened up a can of whupass on us in the playoffs (2003).

Gort
10-23-2009, 06:34 AM

i actually like the guy(when he isn't playing Denver, in that case i want him to end up buried under a mountain of blue and orange jerseys)

what is wrong with the guy taking advantage of the endorsement opportunities available to him? none of us complained at McCaffrey making a bit of a fool of himself with his old McDonald's commercials. why is it so evil of Manning to do the same thing?

part of it is the whining on the field to the refs. and getting his way when he does it. part of it is the winning. part of it is the media slobberfest. same reasons people dislike brady, except brady also beds supermodels.

Gort
10-23-2009, 06:38 AM
In my experience in watching peyton, the only way he seems to get disrupted is if you can get pressure on him from the middle of the pocket so he has trouble stepping up and throwing. He'll def. complete some anyway, but if you can successfully collapse the pocket on a consistent basis (from the middle), you have a good chance. Now, thats easier said than done.

here's how you beat the cowpies. right before the game, tell dawkins that manning called wolverine a p*ssy and a fag. tell him that manning said anyone who likes wolverine is a little girl. then play dawkins on every defensive play of the game. no breaks. no rest. let him have a career day out there. ;)

and just to make sure, before the game, smash up dawkins car and spray paint "wolverine is a fag" and "Colts Rule" all over it, just like spicoli did in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

hambone13
10-23-2009, 06:42 AM
The only "holes" in the run defense were against MIA's version of the wild cat. Since that game they have given up less than 150 yds rushing in 3 games. 40 of which came on the final drive by TEN with the game over. The run defense has improved dramatically unless you can run the MIA Wildcat.

As for the other games, you obviously did not watch them. JAX was only close becasue INDY turned the ball over 4 times to JAX, twice in the redzone. JAX's offense was Non-existent and got 9 points off those TO's. MIA was a fluke game. INDY did not play well defensively, but totally destroyed MIA's 3-4 Blitz packages. That was a road night game too. Then, you forgot the actual best opponent INDY has played. That would be another back to back road night game in ARI. You know where they shut down ARI's potent passing offense and allowed 20 yards rushing and 10 points.

Your points are outcome related and all I hear is idiots saying DEN should have LOST to CIN in their opener. Those people did not watch that game. DEN had every right to win that game and they got lucky with that bounce. Same thing about NE and winning the overtime coin toss. The only people who think that misse the whole game. Good teams overcome adversity and take victory from the less prepared. That is what DEN and INDY are doing so far.

And, the defense is second in the NFL Points per game. You should have noticed that when you were so stunned DEN was in 1st :welcome:

You analysis is what I've been privy to through the standard sporting news channels. They're pretty scary as far as I can tell. Manning was lights out against Miami given he only hit the 15 minutes. What I saw in that game was him abusing them when they decided to blitz.....we'll have to get pressure w/ our front in order to stay in the game.

hambone13
10-23-2009, 06:44 AM

Because he's a tool. They only criticisms of him in this thread were explained in pretty solid detail....

hambone13
10-23-2009, 06:45 AM
I really like manning too, he's goofy and when he's done just may be the best QB to ever play the game. Yes, even better than Favre but without all the nut sucking that favre gets.

You've been lured in and hooked by his phony sense of humility. He's far from it.

hambone13
10-23-2009, 06:48 AM
part of it is the whining on the field to the refs. and getting his way when he does it. part of it is the winning. part of it is the media slobberfest. same reasons people dislike brady, except brady also beds supermodels.

I don't really have anything against Brady. He seems pretty genuine. Manning just strikes me as an arrogant elitist who really likes to talk about himself in the 3rd person.

hambone13
10-23-2009, 06:49 AM
here's how you beat the cowpies. right before the game, tell dawkins that manning called wolverine a p*ssy and a fag. tell him that manning said anyone who likes wolverine is a little girl. then play dawkins on every defensive play of the game. no breaks. no rest. let him have a career day out there. ;)

and just to make sure, before the game, smash up dawkins car and spray paint "wolverine is a fag" and "Colts Rule" all over it, just like spicoli did in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Hilarious!

gyldenlove
10-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Peyton Manning scares me more than any other player in this league. If you can keep the pressure on with new looks and blitzes all game you can beat him, but if he figures you out he is going to serve you up a huge ****-sandwich to go with some serious beatdown.

TailgateNut
10-23-2009, 06:59 AM

That's the key. Add in a feew visits to the turf for Peeeyton and we can start the paaybaack.

lazarus4444
10-23-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't really have anything against Brady. He seems pretty genuine. Manning just strikes me as an arrogant elitist who really likes to talk about himself in the 3rd person.

Brady doesn't seem elitist to you? You've been sucked into his world of false humility then ;) Brady is an elitist a-hole. I respect him as a qb too of course but i just think your a little hypocritical, nothing personal.

gunns
10-23-2009, 07:22 AM
How about we worry first about finishing up the regular season.
Don't get too ahead of ourselves talking about how we match up with somebody in the playoffs.

Last time I checked Dec 13th is in the regular season. The team is unbeaten, like us, and has owned us for the most part the last couple of years. It's just that for once we have a team that can help us be respectable in a game against them. And we will have to beat PM. He is playing lights out this year, and he has the receivers to do it with. But he has little to no running game, plus our D can take care of that. Nolan will have to use the blitz he did in the 2nd half of the Chargers game.

WTF! You state he might be the best to play the game and then reference him to Favre??? If you want to make a point about possibly being the best you would reference him to the best, Elway. Favre, meh.

Peoples Champ
10-23-2009, 07:23 AM

oh man,

I hope Doom has a huge day here

Peoples Champ
10-23-2009, 07:38 AM

That would be sweet if Doom got like 3-4 sacks. I havent seen Manning that pressured since AFC champ against the steelers when they lost at home.

tsiguy96
10-23-2009, 07:43 AM
peytons good, but not as good as orton!!!

TheReverend
10-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I think the best way to ensure a victory would be 10 different defensive game plans and formations... a new one for every other new series. :)

hambone13
10-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Brady doesn't seem elitist to you? You've been sucked into his world of false humility then ;) Brady is an elitist a-hole. I respect him as a qb too of course but i just think your a little hypocritical, nothing personal.

Maybe I've missed something but I've never heard Brady was an elitist a-hole...on the contrary, I've always heard he was a pretty genuine dude. The fact that he can scoop super models up probably rubs some the wrong way. I know many, many Indy fans in Indy who have seen the real Peyton at work in his elitism.

AbileneBroncoFan
10-23-2009, 08:40 PM
This team scares me more than any other team in the league. Peyton Manning is going to retire as the greatest QB in history, and his having the best year of his career here. Everyone here is saying ball control, well Miami had 45 minutes of ball control, scored touchdowns doing it, got pressure on Manning, and still lost at home. I love our team and I think we have the makings to be very good for a very long time (like New England), but if we have to go to Indianapolis in the playoffs, we don't have a very good chance. If we want to beat them in the playoffs, it is a MUST to get them at Invesco.

That being said, if there's one team I could stomach losing to, it's Indy. They do things the right way.

lex
10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
This team scares me more than any other team in the league. Peyton Manning is going to retire as the greatest QB in history, and his having the best year of his career here. Everyone here is saying ball control, well Miami had 45 minutes of ball control, scored touchdowns doing it, got pressure on Manning, and still lost at home. I love our team and I think we have the makings to be very good for a very long time (like New England), but if we have to go to Indianapolis in the playoffs, we don't have a very good chance. If we want to beat them in the playoffs, it is a MUST to get them at Invesco.

That being said, if there's one team I could stomach losing to, it's Indy. They do things the right way.

Miami also had two rookies in the secondary and last I checked, Doom plays for us. Im not predicting we would do better than Miami but I also dont think you can base it too much on what happened in the Mia game.

AbileneBroncoFan
10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Miami also had two rookies in the secondary and last I checked, Doom plays for us. Im not predicting we would do better than Miami but I also dont think you can base it too much on what happened in the Mia game.

Champ Bailey was on the team when we got burned last time in the playoffs. My point is we can do everything right and still lose. That's just how it goes in the playoffs against a good team.

We need to be concerned with Baltimore anyway. That's the only team that matters right now.

Bronco Warrior
10-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Peyton needs to be on his back like Phyliis Rivers when the Fleet is in Port! Don't think Wayne is the only big play threat! Trust me Austin Collie is a Baller outta BYU, ( my School lol) and the "Waiter" is coming on too! I'm not too worried about that Indy Ground game and their pass rush is over rated! We match up well across the board but Nolan will have to be on his game and I think we see an advanced version of the "Wild Horse" that game. The 'Cat gave Indy fits in Miami!

Bronco Warrior
10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Miami's Defense didn't have the ability to Step on Indy and Mannings neck in the forth quarter like we do! That can and will be the difference!

jacob2125
10-23-2009, 10:18 PM

I know what you mean. But I still think back to when the Colts spanked us in the playoffs in back to back years. Until we beat them in a meaningful game I'm gonna keep seeing those images :-/

I think this years team could do it though. But it's not gonna be a blowout either way, it'd be a close hard-fought game with a couple errors being the difference.

broncocalijohn
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
even though the Colts havent played too tough of a schedule, they have Manning at the helm and that is almost everything. With Jeff Saturday anchoring that OLine, it isnt easy to get to Peyton. Now you have Sanders back at safety which already helps an undefeated team get better. Have SD beat them again in the playoffs then the Chargers come to us and we put another whip ass on them. I already have it mapped out so go get your playoff and Super Bowl tickets NOW! :)

Kaylore
10-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Manning owns us. Just like how changing coaches didn't change us owning Brady, I don't believe it will change Manning owning us - especially in their house. I will say that It will at least be close this time.

Broncos4tw
10-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Manning is a whiny bitch if he gets blitzed effectively. In the past against them, we'd rush 6 or even 7, and not get close. If we are for real, and can continue to bust through the middle, we'll make him an ordinary human for the day. Then they are quite beatable.

DarkHorse30
10-23-2009, 11:13 PM
i don't know if i agree with this bad mojo stuff about discussing future games... but anyone who is NOT scared by a matchup with Manning ought to have their head examined. he can beat even good teams by 3+ TDs.

Rockchalk brought up the point that Peyton owned Shanahan. Much like Shanahan owned NE...but why? I just think Shanahan's teams thought they would lose to Indy, because they had to outscore a very talented offense, and I honestly don't think they believed they could. Remember that Denver's offensive talent level dropped off dramatically after Elway, TD, Sharpe and McCaffrey left the team. Who were the starting WRs in both of Denver's oft-remembered punkings by Indy 03 and 04? Rod Smith and...........Ashley Lelie. Rod did his part, but who else was there to throw to?

Shanahan gets a lot of blame for the past 10 years of mediocrity but he often got his teams to play better than they were. Jake may not have been a top5 QB but Mike got the most out of him...unfortunately he didn't have a lot of talent around him at the time. Like it or not, those teams were made to order for Indy and their LOADED roster.

this Denver defense is still not proven against an offense like that. i hope McD and his staff are already working on a gameplan for them. we've not solved the Manning riddle yet and it's been 6 years since he first opened up a can of whupass on us in the playoffs (2003).

On both sides of the ball, Denver is better than they were in 03, and 04. I think that Nolan's ability to adjust, and McDaniels grinding/chain-moving plays and the gelling of our young and talented offense is a good combination. I can't wait to see what THIS team can do against the colts.

You can talk about who Indy has played, but we've heard the same thing about who Denver has played, except for the last 2 games. The difference that I can see is that Indy seems to be pulling wins out of their arse against mediocre to bad teams, while Denver is progressing towards a very good O and a very good D. Every week the Broncos are doing MORE against better and better teams. I don't see that with Indy, although I will give Manning all the credit he deserves. He is a great QB.

lex
10-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Champ Bailey was on the team when we got burned last time in the playoffs. My point is we can do everything right and still lose. That's just how it goes in the playoffs against a good team.

We need to be concerned with Baltimore anyway. That's the only team that matters right now.

I was responding to the notion that Miami did everything right.

Archer81
10-24-2009, 02:10 AM

Even Peyton avoided throwing at Bailey in those games...Both Clark and Stokley had monster games against our undrafted FA nickle corner...

Bronco Warrior
10-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Phyllis "Cry me a " Rivers Owned us too rememeber? Manning is beatable and if we get them down and keep them there we win!

hambone13
10-24-2009, 08:21 PM

and Miami threw that game away with poor clock management and further disorganization and a penalty(s). Miami had them on the ropes and they're through ball control and time of possession alone. Well, not alone, effective wildcat disbursement throughout their offensive game plan is what made it happen IMO....

And another thing....I can NEVER stomach being beaten by the Colts...makes me sick.

hambone13
10-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Manning owns us. Just like how changing coaches didn't change us owning Brady, I don't believe it will change Manning owning us - especially in their house. I will say that It will at least be close this time.

There's as much lack of logical correlation in our pattern of owning Brady and potential owning Peyton now. It's not because he "owns us" because we're the Broncos. He's owned us because we never matched up well with them and he's a ridiculously effective talent. :GAG:

MOCRUSH
10-25-2009, 06:03 AM
Peyton needs to be on his back like Phyliis Rivers when the Fleet is in Port! Don't think Wayne is the only big play threat! Trust me Austin Collie is a Baller outta BYU, ( my School lol) and the "Waiter" is coming on too! I'm not too worried about that Indy Ground game and their pass rush is over rated! We match up well across the board but Nolan will have to be on his game and I think we see an advanced version of the "Wild Horse" that game. The 'Cat gave Indy fits in Miami!

Hey, don't be bad mouthing sailors like that, uncalled for. I think a reference to Peyton's bromance with Kenny Chesney would be more appropriate, not that there is anything wrong with that.