PDA

View Full Version : Ravens don't have the corners to play with Broncos WR

cutthemdown
10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
The fact is simple. Neither Fabian Washington, nor Foxworthless can guard Royal or Marshall 1 on 1.

Add in the fact the Frank Walker and Chris Carr, the next 2 Cbs that play can't guard Gaffney or Stokely 1 on 1 either.

I think they have the linebackers and safety's to help cover but I think Broncos will be spreading the field and throwing to the WR a ton in this game.

I just don't see one corner on there team that would have a good 1 on 1 matchup with any of our WR, right down to our 4th on the depth chart.

Killericon
10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Ed Reed will, as always, prevent the deep throw, but I can see a lot of 5 yard completions coming up.

Let's just hope Orton hasn't bought into his own hype.

ward63
10-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Totally forgot about Fox being there. Marshall probably tore him up in practice when he was here and we did well again Fabian when he was in Oakland. They do have the game changers as killer said in Ed Reed

baja
10-22-2009, 03:07 PM
This is why we will run the ball to start the game.

Smiling Assassin27
10-22-2009, 03:18 PM
They don't really need CB's when they have a pass rush that is ridiculously good. Our OL will meet its match v the Ravens front 7. I do see us having trouble running as weigmann and hamilton may find it tough sledding as the Ravens go 295, 320, and 345 across the front 3.

This defense will be on a different level than what we've played thus far. But McD and the Pats beat Baltimore in 07, so I think he goes back and looks at that tape, plus our defense will keep us in the game, so we'll see how the Broncos respond to a stiff road test.

The Joker
10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
They don't really need CB's when they have a pass rush that is ridiculously good. Our OL will meet its match v the Ravens front 7. I do see us having trouble running as weigmann and hamilton may find it tough sledding as the Ravens go 295, 320, and 345 across the front 3.

This defense will be on a different level than what we've played thus far. But McD and the Pats beat Baltimore in 07, so I think he goes back and looks at that tape, plus our defense will keep us in the game, so we'll see how the Broncos respond to a stiff road test.

Have you seen the Ravens at all this year?

Their pass rush is no better than average this year. Losing Rex Ryan was massive, QB's have done very well against them. Even Brodie Croyle was 16-24 with 2 TD's and no picks against them.

They're not the same Defense they were last year, not by a long shot.

cutthemdown
10-22-2009, 03:24 PM

There pass rush has hasn't been very good. If they send linebackers, which IMO they will have to, that means that the 2 good safety's will have to watch the middle, at least on of them. That leaves 1-1 matchup, probably Royal vs Fabian Ithink. Not sure who plays what side to tell you the truth.

Broncos will do a ton of short throws to the WR because I think CBS will be forced to give a cushion. Ravens have to bring pressure, at least 5 pass rushers, that will leave the outside open to the WR because the safety's will have to cover the areas the linebackers vacate.

I really could see another 300 yrd game for Orton. Many of the same matchups they could get against the Patriots IMO.

cutthemdown
10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
A game were Marshall may get 4-5 short quick throws, and then only have CB to beat for say a 12 yrd gain, IMO bodes well for Denver. That throw is almost a gimme to a 6-5 220 pound WR going against a 5-11 180 pound CB.

It's a mismatch so glaring a better idea would be for the to bring corner all the way up, tell him do your best with Marshall off the ball, and then have cover 2 in behind that. But if they do that I think we can use Stokley and Gaffney to burn the linebackers and nickle backs on a spread formation.

IMO if you go by matchups we have a very good one with our passing game, wr, pass protection, agianst there corners, pass defense, and pass rush.

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Show run have the WRs take the CBs out on easter egg hunts and let sheff work the mid range passes. ( game over)

cutthemdown
10-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I think you only gut the middle with Sheff after you make them pull the safety's back to help both sides. These corners are the weakest link, IMO it will be the gameplan to make them show they can cover.

What we don't want is to force it to Sheff if Ed Reed is giving him attention. Now once reed and landry are busy trying to help outside, I think we will be able to go to Stokely and the TE's in the middle.

dextermilo
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Baltimore is also giving up a lot of big plays because of their wannabe mind reader of a safety. I think he gives up a lot more big plays than he makes, but he does make some.

HEAV
10-22-2009, 03:58 PM
That Raven D got old really fast. I thought they would better than this.

dbfan4life
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
That Raven D got old really fast. I thought they would better than this.

They can still cheap shot with the best of 'em, though.

Smiling Assassin27
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Have you seen the Ravens at all this year?

Their pass rush is no better than average this year. Losing Rex Ryan was massive, QB's have done very well against them. Even Brodie Croyle was 16-24 with 2 TD's and no picks against them.

They're not the same Defense they were last year, not by a long shot.

8th in the league in rush defense. 10th in total sacks. 5th in total interceptions. Granted, they aren't what they once were, but they usually bring the pain v the Broncos and still ain't slouches in these categories. It looks like they have trouble getting off the field, and our offense is one that can sustain drives with lots of plays. Short to intermediate passes might be the ticket.

fontaine
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
It really all depends on how they play our WRs. If they show a 7 yard cushion or play tight.

Thankfully, we've got the offense to handle both.

And let's not question our OL. Those guys have played well enough to not deserve that.

mr007
10-22-2009, 04:54 PM

I dunno man, I think the Raiders D is actually better from a front 7 perspective than Baltimores right now.

Rohirrim
10-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I think the team YAC stat is going up in Baltimore.