PDA

View Full Version : TO's career probably over

Gort
10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
"I hear that he's one of the greatest of all time, but I don't buy it – never did," said one general manager. "He drops balls. He's not a natural catcher. He's not a great route runner, blah, blah, blah. He's big and strong and good with the run after the catch, if he catches it. I can give you 100 negatives. It's just not worth it."http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-owensfall102209

ha ha. schadenfreude is fun!

RhymesayersDU
10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Bring him in for a look, I say. [Serious]

socnorb777
10-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Prima Donna wideouts take note. If you act like a jerk and carry yourself like you're better than everyone else, the instant your skills erode, you will be dropped like a bad habit AND you will leave a negative legacy despite your numbers.

I'd rather be a good character guy who has less drama like Rod Smith rather than a drama queen like T.O. Can't say I'm sorry to see him struggle.

55CrushEm
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Are you crazy? TO is a locker room destroyer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats have a look-see, though.

FISH
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Prima Donna wideouts take note. If you act like a jerk and carry yourself like you're better than everyone else, the instant your skills erode, you will be dropped like a bad habit AND you will leave a negative legacy despite your numbers.

I'd rather be a good character guy who has less drama like Rod Smith rather than a drama queen like T.O. Can't say I'm sorry to see him struggle.

I like where you are coming from on this...I really do...but even if you aren't a pain in the rear you will most likely get dropped like a bad habit....see Marvin Harrison

baja
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM

Dawkins would not even allow a social call from TO here would be my bet.

RhymesayersDU
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM

Maybe. BUT if we gave him a basic one-year deal that kept him on the straight and narrow, could you believe having Marshall at WR1, TO at WR2, and Royal in the slot terrorizing defenses like Welker?

I know it'd never happen, but this offense would be unstoppable.

Gort
10-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I like where you are coming from on this...I really do...but even if you aren't a pain in the rear you will most likely get dropped like a bad habit....see Marvin Harrison

Marvin Harrison shot a guy (allegedly). We'll call him the victim.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Marvin-Harrison-Prime-Suspect-In-Philadelphia-Bar-Shooting-Blog-8600

...and later the victim accused Harrison of hiring the gunman who later shot him 7 more times.

http://www.syracuse.com/today/index.ssf/2009/07/shooting_victim_accuses_former.html

...several weeks later, the victim died from those wounds.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/Harrison_accuser_shot_again_killed_20090909

so Marvin Harrison is out of the league for an entirely different reason.

HEAV
10-22-2009, 01:04 PM
He could play TE in the right offense. But he would never commit to the move and will most likely chase a reciever job on bad teams looking for ticket sales.

loborugger
10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
His day in the sun is done.

One wonders how many million reasons he has to stay alive these days?

rastaman
10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Great article. I'd disagree a bit with what NFL excutive(s) are saying somewhat. Every athlete slows down and they all age differently in terms of performance. However, I think TO still has a alot left in the tank merely because over his career he's never suffered catastrophic injuries to his ankles, knees, and hips. In other words his legs are in great shape and WR's need their Legs to be in great shape to a good WR in the NFL.

At this stage in TO's career he would be a valued addition to a team that is already surrounded by talent and a great system. If he can't get off-line like he use to, put him motion and let him "juke" his way off the line! see simple!

Is TO the same TO of 5 years ago! Ahhhhhh....nope, but this isn't to say he's washed and ready for Glue Factory. If O. Newsome still has animostity-hurt feelings about TO from the 2004 spat...."forget-about-it"....its not about Newsome, its about whether Flacco has the type of WR's he can use to get himself and the team to he next level. TO will still be a factor and great contributor with any team that has a robust passing attack. Lets just say opposing DC and players won't ignore him when he's on the field.

However, at this stage in his career he can no longer be a difference maker with teams that are in total dis-repair like the Buffaloe Bills. TO now needs a team that has a great supporting cast offensively.

Any takers!!!

rastaman
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM

No big deal. Only go where you are wanted and needed.

cmhargrove
10-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Can we just get him his own locker room?

rastaman
10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
We all know TO isn't washed up.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM

You're are obviously POSSESSED BY SATAN! :satan:

Submit to exorcism at once!!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/6/128757430485470679.jpg

Merlin
10-22-2009, 01:34 PM
I would not be surprised if Chicago picks him up. He could become Cutler's little BM ;D

HEAV
10-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I would not be surprised if Chicago picks him up. He could become Cutler's little BM ;D

49 yards after the catch for T.O. that isn't going to help anyone.

d bronx42
10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Terrell Owens is still in the NFL...? Since when?

GreatBronco16
10-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Ok, I really don't understand the hate on this guy. What exactly has he done wrong since he left Philly? He was one of the top WRs in the league in his time with Dallas when people thought he was washed up. He didn't talk his way out of Dallas, and hasn't done or said anything wrong while in Buffalo even though the QBs can't get him the ball.

I understand the hate from what he did in San Fran and in Philly, but he has done nothing but produce since then and kept his mouth shut pretty much. Also, I don't ever recall him being in trouble with the law outside of the game.

So why all the hate?

Paladin
10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Mullets? Would that be a fit?

Dozi
10-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Did he honestly think it would work out in Buffalo? I didn't..

Merlin
10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I understand the hate from what he did in San Fran and in Philly
Are you actually suggesting he did nothing wrong/stupid during his Dallas tenure?
To paraphrase, there millions of reasons to think his tenure there was disruptive to say the least.

Will Wayfarer
10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Everywhere he has played he has undermined his quarterback. Don't you remember last year when he said that Romo and Garret were conspiring to keep the ball away from him?

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
His day in the sun is done.

One wonders how many million reasons he has to stay alive these days?

If only rod smith had talked with TO early in his career TO could have been a legend if he had taken a different path.

GreatBronco16
10-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Are you actually suggesting he did nothing wrong/stupid during his Dallas tenure?
To paraphrase, there millions of reasons to think his tenure there was disruptive to say the least.

I might have missed something, but I don't remember any problems from him out of Dallas. Maybe you can refresh my memory.:angel:

Pontius Pirate
10-22-2009, 05:28 PM
T.o me
O.nly desperate teams take him

Hey, this reminds me
Anybody hear the latest T.O. rumor?
Don't even want to talk about it here

Seriously, it's messed up
Even tough guys would find it upsetting
Xerxes him self would be upset

Which reminds me
I'm thinking we are set at WR?
Totally solid corps in Bmarsh and Royal
Hell yes

Only question now is...
Really, how about that punter?
To me, he needs to go
Only 30th in the league?
Nevermind...

Spider
10-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Maybe. BUT if we gave him a basic one-year deal that kept him on the straight and narrow, could you believe having Marshall at WR1, TO at WR2, and Royal in the slot terrorizing defenses like Welker?

why in the hell demote Royal ? watch some of the tape , the kid is a phenom , very un-selfish player ......Demoting Royal for butthead .......

Pontius Pirate
10-22-2009, 05:38 PM
T.o me
O.nly desperate teams take him

Hey, this reminds me
Anybody hear the latest T.O. rumor?
Don't even want to talk about it here

Seriously, it's messed up
Even tough guys would find it upsetting
Xerxes him self would be upset

Which reminds me
I'm thinking we are set at WR?
Totally solid corps in Bmarsh and Royal
Hell yes

Only question now is...
Really, how about that punter?
To me, he needs to go
Only 30th in the league?
Nevermind...

Wait...what?

cutthemdown
10-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I think he goes one more yr. If that one doesn't go better then maybe he's done.

Then again if he doesn't have some good games at some point I could see it be sooner rather then later.

Garcia Bronco
10-22-2009, 06:22 PM

Marvin Harrison has a lot of negative press...from murders..to weapons charges...to having his buddies get physical with young kids.

Garcia Bronco
10-22-2009, 06:23 PM

That's Snyder football.

Chris
10-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't know what TO put in his knee before that SB but he's never been the same since.

Karenin
10-22-2009, 10:17 PM

He's not even good enough to play for Buffalo, what exactly makes you think he'd be good enough to play #2 for the Broncos?

Raidersbane
10-22-2009, 10:24 PM
It might work for Oakland. Cable would throat punch and **** stomp him into conformity with twelve witnesses that will not be able to recall what exactly it was that they saw.

baja
10-22-2009, 11:19 PM
He's not even good enough to play for Buffalo, what exactly makes you think he'd be good enough to play #2 for the Broncos?

Did I miss something?

Karenin
10-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Probably, you miss a lot.

TailgateNut
10-23-2009, 06:45 AM
This message is hidden because Terrell Owens is on your ignore list.

Hogan11
10-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Personally, I can't wait till he's finally gone.

crawdad
10-23-2009, 08:04 AM

Truly will be a blessing!

Rohirrim
10-23-2009, 08:05 AM

He'll never be actually gone. He'll do one of those Dennis Rodman things where he commits acts of public insanity and indecency for years while trying to cling desperately to the last tattered remains of his fame.

TailgateNut
10-23-2009, 08:08 AM
He'll never be actually gone. .

Herpes, type 3.

Hogan11
10-23-2009, 08:09 AM
He'll never be actually gone. He'll do one of those Dennis Rodman things where he commits acts of public insanity and indecency for years while trying to cling desperately to the last tattered remains of his fame.

Who's Dennis Rodman? ???

Rohirrim
10-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Who's Dennis Rodman? ???

Are you kidding? You don't know about the original flava clown?

http://superstarsofsport.com/images/dennis-rodman-33682.jpg

TheReverend
10-23-2009, 08:58 AM

They're good friends, actually.

baja
10-23-2009, 09:02 AM
They're good friends, actually.

I know but I would bet he doesn't want him on this team.

I think this team is starting to really think they could win it all if they stay focused and continue to play hard.

oubronco
10-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Along with his buttbuddy Favre

kamakazi_kal
10-23-2009, 09:08 AM

I thought he's done a good job at keeping his mouth shut this year for how bad the bills are doing and how little he's involved in the game plan.

I could see him in a Pats uni though.

TheReverend
10-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I know but I would bet he doesn't want him on this team.

I think this team is starting to really think they could win it all if they stay focused and continue to play hard.

Fair enough. I really can't imagine anyone wants him on this team.

baja
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Fair enough. I really can't imagine anyone wants him on this team.

Alright I want to know who stole Rev's account password. These are not Rev responses.

TheReverend
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Alright I want to know who stole Rev's account password. These are not Rev responses.

?

Why in god's name would I want TO here? We already have a massive logjam at receiver to the point where Stokely doesn't get as many reps as I'd like him to. Owens would be our 4th receiver at best, imo.

If it was a defensive end or nose tackle with his attitude but talent, then it might garner some consideration, but at our deepest position on the team? No thanks...

baja
10-23-2009, 09:45 AM
?

Why in god's name would I want TO here? We already have a massive logjam at receiver to the point where Stokely doesn't get as many reps as I'd like him to. Owens would be our 4th receiver at best, imo.

If it was a defensive end or nose tackle with his attitude but talent, then it might garner some consideration, but at our deepest position on the team? No thanks...

No I mean your answers are too polite and calm to be the real Rev. and I want to know what you did with him.

Popps
10-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Buffalo was such a weird fit for TO from the get-go.

He's probably done, though I wouldn't rule out a trade to a team like Chicago, etc. Basically, a team that believes they have playoff capabilities this year and need to rent a WR for 9 games. To my knowledge, TO hasn't been a locker room issue in Buffalo. Some team will figure they can keep him quiet for 9 games, I'd guess.

Possibilities...?

-Miami
-Chicago
-San Diego (!?)
-Washington
-Baltimore (though the article says no way in hell)
-Seattle

rastaman
10-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Like I said, TO has plenty of POPP left.

TheReverend
10-23-2009, 10:33 AM
No I mean your answers are too polite and calm to be the real Rev. and I want to know what you did with him.

That's a lot more rare than it seems to be. I seem to be a magnet for misinformed, stupid people and playing with them is just too fun to ignore.

TheReverend
10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Buffalo was such a weird fit for TO from the get-go.

He's probably done, though I wouldn't rule out a trade to a team like Chicago, etc. Basically, a team that believes they have playoff capabilities this year and need to rent a WR for 9 games. To my knowledge, TO hasn't been a locker room issue in Buffalo. Some team will figure they can keep him quiet for 9 games, I'd guess.

Possibilities...?

-Miami
-Chicago
-San Diego (!?)
-Washington
-Baltimore (though the article says no way in hell)
-Seattle

Miami? With Parcells?

PS. Trade deadline come and gone, bro.

jhns
10-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I remember a story that I learned about TO around the time he had that pill OD. It was about him hooking up with the girl next door. His dad had to stop the relationship. He told TO it's because the girl is his sister that he had not been told about. In other words, TO used to bang his sister. We don't need that on this team. Plus, when he sees the picture of Orton giving some guy head, he will have no choice but to constantly remind him that he is gay. We know how he hates gay QBs. It is what started all of the TO career drama.

crowebomber
10-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I would rather pick up a cut Joey Galloway than make some sort of trade for TO. He'll end the year with the Bills simply because his stock has dropped so much.

Popps
10-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Miami? With Parcells?

PS. Trade deadline come and gone, bro.

Didn't realize that was the case. Thought it was approaching.

In that case, hard to say. I know he'll try to catch on somewhere next season if released.

Hogan11
10-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Are you kidding? You don't know about the original flava clown?

http://superstarsofsport.com/images/dennis-rodman-33682.jpg

No, I know.....his fate is that of other showman who felt the need to offset thier marginal talent with bullshat. IOW, he's now only an answer to a trivia question.

Bob
10-23-2009, 12:18 PM

Last thing we need is TO giving Marshal advice -- pass....