PDA

View Full Version : Ya think every hard working, smart football player FA now has us first in mind?

baja
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Ya think every want to win, love the game free agent types will have denver at the top of their wish list?

Popps
10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Only if the price is right. :)

No, I definitely believe there's more than just money at a root of a lot of these decisions. Clearly, money is #1... but I don't think it's a tough sell to bring guys in when you're winning and you've built a proper structure.

I love my work and probably would choose it over another gig even at the loss of a few bucks. A lot of psychology goes into these decisions.

But, at the end of the day... the real key here is the guys WE target. The problem hasn't been people wanting to come to Denver, it's been choosing Marlon McCree and Boss Bailey as the answer to fixing a horrible defense.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 12:19 PM
You think guys will give us discounts?

BMarsh615
10-22-2009, 12:19 PM

Orton better!

Pontius Pirate
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I hear Patrick Ramsey is building a house in Denver.

Rohirrim
10-22-2009, 12:22 PM
The ones to look out for are those vet stars who have made the money and now want a ring. Remember Neal Smith?

skpac1001
10-22-2009, 12:23 PM

In a way, I do. Players will ask for more money to go to teams with bad management and no chance of superbowl. Our coaching staff puts players in positions to succeed and we are becoming contenders, so in a way I do think we get discounts like most well run contenders do.

The Joker
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
It's natural that guys will want to play for a better team if possible.

You're not going to go to Kansas instead of the Patriots if the money on offer is roughly similiar from both teams.

Money is still the primary factor for most players, but being a consistently competitive organisation helps too. Hopefully we'll be able to say that in a few years. Lot of work to do to get to that point though.

baja
10-22-2009, 12:41 PM

Do you think it is always just about the money?

baja
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Damn I meant to make this multi choice.

Man-Goblin
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Do you think it is always just about the money?

Most of the time.

Do you have any names in mind? You're not talking about the Niko Kootuhveedeez of the world, are you?