PDA

View Full Version : CHFF Power Rankings

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/10_235_Power_Rankings%3A_a_tale_of_two_positions.h tml

3. DENVER (6-0). Last week: 34-23 win at San Diego. Since 1960, only three QBs have thrown one or fewer INTs in 150+ attempts while leading their team to a 6-0 start Ė Roger Staubach (1977 Cowboys), Roman Gabriel (1969 Rams) and Kyle Orton this year. And the one interception was an end-of-half heave vs. New England. Gabriel reached the playoffs and Staubach won the Super Bowl

20. SAN DIEGO (2-3). Last week: 34-23 loss vs. Denver. When itís time to move the chains, call on WR Vincent Jackson. In 2008, 88.1 percent of his catches went for first downs, tops in the league. This year, heís at 87.5 percent, second behind Santonio Holmes among players with 15+ catches.

26. OAKLAND (2-4). Last week: 13-9 win vs. Philadelphia. Just Shock The S--- Out Of America, Baby! The Eagles simply did not show up. Despite the NFL's No. 2 ranked Defensive Hogs, they failed to overwhelm Oakland's 32nd-ranked Offensive Hogs.

30. KANSAS CITY (1-5). Last week: 14-6 win at Washington. The Chiefs are 25th or worse in points, yards, rush yards and pass yards Ö on offense and on defense. And their highest ranking in any of our Quality Stats is 17th. So yeah, the Chiefs arenít good.

Pontius Pirate
10-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Great!
Awesome!
Yes!

missingnumber7
10-22-2009, 11:24 AM
So yeah, the Chiefs arenít good.

Well duh.

socnorb777
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
My power rankings are up over at VerticallyStripedSocks.com. I don't have the Broncos QUITE as high as 3, but I never thought they'd sniff the top ten this season when it started. I'm very pleasantly surprised by McDaniels and this amazing team.

http://www.verticallystripedsocks.com/2009/10/nfl-powerlines-week-6.html

crowebomber
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
My power rankings are up over at VerticallyStripedSocks.com. I don't have the Broncos QUITE as high as 3, but I never thought they'd sniff the top ten this season when it started. I'm very pleasantly surprised by McDaniels and this amazing team.

Hmm, thought we beat that #4 team?

socnorb777
10-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Hmm, thought we beat that #4 team?

Indeed we did, and I hope we can do it again in the playoffs as I hate those guys.

Rohirrim
10-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Roman Gabriel. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Bronco LB52
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM

The greatest North Carolina State quarterback of all-time. Sorry Philip Rivers fans.

Pontius Pirate
10-22-2009, 12:16 PM
For reals
Under Oakland is probably Tampa, right?
Crazy
Kansas City sucks

Yes, SD sucks
Oakland is the worst though
Understandably

Forget all this nonsense though
Anyways
Great discussion guys
So moving!

Cito Pelon
10-22-2009, 12:36 PM

Staubach is another name you don't hear often. He seldom gets mentioned as one of the all-time greats.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StauRo00.htm

He was the Elway before Elway.

gunns
10-22-2009, 12:38 PM

I used to have a preteen crush on him. I loved the Rams and the fearsome foursome but just thought Gabriel was so cute! Then I went to a preseason game here in SLC that featured the Denver Broncos and the Boston Patriots and the Rams were out the windown and the Broncos and Floyd Little were my absolute favs.

The guy who wrote those rankings is a semi idiot. I do believe the Titans would like a defense as well as a QB. You don't just need an efficient QB and running game. You must have that D and since Schwarz left, the Titans look like us last year.

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I used to have a preteen crush on him. I loved the Rams and the fearsome foursome but just thought Gabriel was so cute! Then I went to a preseason game here in SLC that featured the Denver Broncos and the Boston Patriots and the Rams were out the windown and the Broncos and Floyd Little were my absolute favs.

The guy who wrote those rankings is a semi idiot. I do believe the Titans would like a defense as well as a QB. You don't just need an efficient QB and running game. You must have that D and since Schwarz left, the Titans look like us last year.

His rankings are based on the cold hard football facts lady.

For the record, his Defensive Hog Index has predicted the superbowl winner since he started this site and guess who is #1 in the Defensive Hog Index? Denver, that's who.

Superbowl or bust.

lostknight
10-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I love CHFF. Their analysis is much better then any of the drivel from NFL or ESPwannabes.

I agree with their rankings. Our offense still needs improvement.

lex
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Indeed we did, and I hope we can do it again in the playoffs as I hate those guys.

Youre giving way too much love to the Pats. The #4 team has two losses, while the #6 team has none. The #4 team has lost to the #6 team as well losing to a team thats 3-3. The #4 team ran up the score on a winless team but the week before, they were shut out in the second half against the #6 team. The #4 team won the turnover margin against the #6 team and your #6 team still beat your #4 team. The #6 team has given up how many points in the 2nd half to Palmer, Romo, Brady, and Rivers? But I guess if you run up the score on a winless team, that merits being #4.

lex
10-22-2009, 12:55 PM

Its kind of a funny stat that he is on this list considering Roman Gabriel at one time (and might still be) the record holder for lost fumbles. So, when I see a record with him avoiding INTs, I have to wonder how many times he fumbled.

Crushisback
10-22-2009, 01:48 PM

Yeah these are horrible rankings. Vikings and Broncos should flip flop, SD is too high, and you have the Raiders above the Jags.

bronco militia
10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
For reals
Under Oakland is probably Tampa, right?
Crazy
Kansas City sucks

Yes, SD sucks
Oakland is the worst though
Understandably

Forget all this nonsense though
Anyways
Great discussion guys