PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thought about the Ravens game

Disco Man
10-21-2009, 09:59 PM
So here the Broncos sit at 6-0, the Raiders game and the Browns game have been the only two games the Broncos were not the underdog. The Broncos are at the Ravens next with both teams coming off a bye. As all of you know in recent years the Broncos have been no match for Ray Lewis & Co. when the game is played in Baltimore. The Ravens have not been great this year but have looked good at times. So what will Vegas think of this game????? I think the Broncos will be the underdog again, don't think they should be and I hope they are(has worked so far). I can see it now the Broncos will be a two point dog on the road.

BroncoFiend
10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
So here the Broncos sit at 6-0, the Raiders game and the Browns game have been the only two games the Broncos were not the underdog. The Broncos are at the Ravens next with both teams coming off a bye. As all of you know in recent years the Broncos have been no match for Ray Lewis & Co. when the game is played in Baltimore. The Ravens have not been great this year but have looked good at times. So what will Vegas think of this game????? I think the Broncos will be the underdog again, don't think they should be and I hope they are(has worked so far). I can see it now the Broncos will be a two point dog on the road.

4 point dog minimum, home teams get an automatic 3 points, and I think national opinion is still skeptical about the Broncos, so the thought would be that the Ravens edge them out on a neutral field.

Disco Man
10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
4 point dog minimum, home teams get an automatic 3 points, and I think national opinion is still skeptical about the Broncos, so the thought would be that the Ravens edge them out on a neutral field.

...I just don't think it will be as high as 4, they are starting to get some love around the NFL. If it is 4 I will pound it!!!!!!!!

broncocalijohn
10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Dipso, for what you put, could be reasons to put us as dogs. Plus, so much hype on the Ravens early in the year and the casual better might not see that their are kinks in that Ravens armor. If we are underdogs, I see 1 to 3 points. I want to see the line after it opens. If it starts at 3 and goes down to 1 or 1 1/2, then you know the public is believing the Broncos can finally win at Baltimore. BTW: I am not a betting guy.

Disco Man
10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Dipso, for what you put, could be reasons to put us as dogs. Plus, so much hype on the Ravens early in the year and the casual better might not see that their are kinks in that Ravens armor. If we are underdogs, I see 1 to 3 points. I want to see the line after it opens. If it starts at 3 and goes down to 1 or 1 1/2, then you know the public is believing the Broncos can finally win at Baltimore. BTW: I am not a betting guy.

....however you are a football guy and that's why you know it will open up 1-3 and then go down just like the Charger game went down 1/2 point

BroncoDoug
10-21-2009, 10:19 PM
...I just don't think it will be as high as 4, they are starting to get some love around the NFL. If it is 4 I will pound it!!!!!!!!

thats what she said!

baja
10-21-2009, 10:29 PM

That's what I'm thinkin

Rock Chalk
10-21-2009, 10:41 PM
If we open up as 4 point dogs even I will put money on the game.

ak1971
10-21-2009, 10:43 PM

pretty sure I will come out of sports betting retirement for this.

JCMElway
10-21-2009, 11:04 PM
I'd guess Denver starts as a 2 point dog. Maybe 1.5......

Disco Man
10-21-2009, 11:10 PM
If this game starts at 1 or 1 1/2 it will be a pick-em by Saturday night

OBF1
10-22-2009, 12:36 AM
-3.5 sounds about right on the road in Baltimore. We have not been given any respect yet, why start now on the road???

IHaveALight
10-22-2009, 05:11 AM
As all of you know in recent years the Broncos have been no match for Ray Lewis & Co. when the game is played in Baltimore.

The Broncos haven't played in Baltimore since 2003. Granted they've never beat the Ravens in Baltimore, but they haven't played there recently.

Broncoman13
10-22-2009, 05:24 AM

I'm with you. I think it will be 2 points... so a neutral site would be a 1 point Denver favorite.

Cito Pelon
10-22-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't see why BALT shouldn't be favored by at least 3.

ant1999e
10-22-2009, 09:27 AM
The Broncos haven't played in Baltimore since 2003. Granted they've never beat the Ravens in Baltimore, but they haven't played there recently.

I think all the teams we had problems with in the past is in the past. This is a new team with a new coach. I think the broncos have a clean slate to work with.

rbackfactory80
10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
No way this line opens by more than 2. This is a pickem if I have ever seen one.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2009, 09:31 AM
I can see a 3 point spread easily. First, the Ravens are at home. Secondly, they are coming off a bye. Third, they lost like 2 or 3 in a row before the bye, so they are motivated.

So basically it comes down to another game like Sandy Eggo where everyone is saying the Ravens backs are against the wall and the have to win this game.

Hence, 3 point spread for the Ravens.

Rohirrim
10-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I agree with the pick-em. Nobody is going to know what to think so everybody will play it conservative.

HAT
10-22-2009, 09:37 AM
No need to speculate.....(barring major news)

2009 NFL Week # 8 Lines
11/01/09 800 Broncos
+3.5

13:00 ET Ravens

Once this opens on a wider scale on Sunday, it will promptly get bet down to -3. I doubt it moves off of that throughout the week but the juice will move.

Open -3.5
-3 -110
-3 -105
-3 +100 (In other words, Denver +3 -120)

:pimp:

Disco Man
10-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Told you so................Denver +3 1/2 great isn't it

orinjkrush
10-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Psychologically, the Ravens have "owned" us recently. Sorta like the Chuggers have.

It will take another "demon" killing episode for a win.

broncogary
10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Psychologically, the Ravens have "owned" us recently. Sorta like the Chuggers have.

Yeah, but it's a lot easier to kill the demon when you actually have the better team. This year I think we do.

rastaman
10-26-2009, 07:57 PM
If Flacco had stud WR's I would give the Ravens the edge! Its going to be a hard hitting game thats for sure. Hopefully the trainers will have the ice soaking tubes ready for both teams after the game.

lex
10-26-2009, 08:01 PM

"Recently"...huh? The last time we played was 2006 and we won that game.

Disco Man
10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
"Recently"...huh? The last time we played was 2006 and we won that game.

..........that was in Denver as was the game before that, and we won both. Look at the games we have played in Baltimore, I think it was 2003 with Kanell as our QB. I don't care if it's reg. season or the playoffs(see 2001) we need a win on the road up there, or just to stay in the game at BWI(Baltimore airport code). The Broncos need to have a solid east coat game to get some love..........what will the line be when we play the Eagles??????? Don't give me this S*** that it will be like a home game cuz of all the respect for Dawkins, Hell this is the same crowd that had a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOO for Santa years back.
Just be happy we are a dog, it was worked so far why change now??????

Disco Man
10-26-2009, 10:17 PM
www.lasvegas.com
Just wait and see, this line WILL go down. Better get in on it A.S.A.P.!!!!!!!

lex
10-26-2009, 11:36 PM
..........that was in Denver as was the game before that, and we won both. Look at the games we have played in Baltimore, I think it was 2003 with Kanell as our QB. I don't care if it's reg. season or the playoffs(see 2001) we need a win on the road up there, or just to stay in the game at BWI(Baltimore airport code). The Broncos need to have a solid east coat game to get some love..........what will the line be when we play the Eagles??????? Don't give me this S*** that it will be like a home game cuz of all the respect for Dawkins, Hell this is the same crowd that had a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOO for Santa years back.
Just be happy we are a dog, it was worked so far why change now??????

"Recently"...?

Maybe if you're a geologist.

Kaylore
10-26-2009, 11:51 PM

This is a myth being perpetuated around the Mane for some weird reason. In the last two meetings between the Ravens we've won. Two in a row isn't "owning" us.

Now we haven't won in Baltimore since they were the Colts, I believe, so that's another story. But this idea that "we always lose to the Ravens" is bogus.

TheReverend
10-26-2009, 11:53 PM
This is a myth being perpetuated around the Mane for some weird reason. In the last two meetings between the Ravens we've won. Two in a row isn't "owning" us.

Now we haven't won in Baltimore since they were the Colts, I believe, so that's another story. But this idea that "we always lose to the Ravens" is bogus.

This.

On a different note on the topic, this Broncos team is currently more Baltimore Ravens than the Baltimore Ravens are.

I'm not claiming our style of play is theirs, considering our style of play is more smart/prepared ala New England, I'm just saying that we're playing a lot more aggressive and physical than they are these days.

barryr
10-27-2009, 07:37 AM
This will be a tough game and with the Ravens having lost a home game already, the defense will need to force 2-3 turnovers to win this game.

Old Dude
10-27-2009, 08:19 AM
For the record, the last time Denver won in Baltimore was in 1983. (17-10 vs. the Colts)

ant1999e
10-27-2009, 09:26 AM

I understand what you are saying but I believe with the new regime all bets are off.