PDA

View Full Version : Seymour says Raiders going to playoffs

ZONA
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
A friend said that he heard Seymour say on a radio show that he thinks the Raiders are going to the playoffs.

At 2-4 with a loss already to the Broncos and the Chargers, they sure have alot of work to do, and I'm not sure............strike that, I'm absolutely positive Russell cannot even get them close to the playoffs.

Archer81
10-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I heard the clip on NFLN, but he was laughing, but you never know. Raiders at 2-4 could string wins together...not like the middle tier teams going to the playoffs are going to have 10-6 or 11-5 records...

:Broncos:

broncocalijohn
10-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Looks like he found out that when you go to Oakland, you follow the company line. The line is lying, distorting and living in the past.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I heard the clip on NFLN, but he was laughing, but you never know. Raiders at 2-4 could string wins together...not like the middle tier teams going to the playoffs are going to have 10-6 or 11-5 records...

you have seen the Raiders play this year, correct? Regardless of the win vs Eagles. They suck bad.

Archer81
10-21-2009, 08:48 PM
you have seen the Raiders play this year, correct? Regardless of the win vs Eagles. They suck bad.

True. But crazier things have happened. Even blind, legless diseased squirrels get a nut from time to time. The two divisions in the AFC that could have multiple playoff teams are the AFC West and the AFC North, and as of right now, with 10 weeks remaining, one of those teams could be the raiders...but the odds would be better for a snowball to survive a weekend in hell.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Ummmm, guys? Where's the downside?

Would be GREAT if we could steal an easy win because the Raiders made it to the play offs.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq350/SSExpress22/JimMora.jpg

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

NFLBRONCO
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Well for Raiders to have a shot they better go 8-2 the rest of the way at worst.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
True. But crazier things have happened. Even blind, legless diseased squirrels get a nut from time to time. The two divisions in the AFC that could have multiple playoff teams are the AFC West and the AFC North, and as of right now, with 10 weeks remaining, one of those teams could be the raiders...but the odds would be better for a snowball to survive a weekend in hell.

they have 2 wins. Do you know how many nuts those blind, crippled squirrels need to find? 7 to 8 more. Not enough trees for that amount.

Archer81
10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
they have 2 wins. Do you know how many nuts those blind, crippled squirrels need to find? 7 to 8 more. Not enough trees for that amount.

I didnt say I think its a lock the Raiders make the playoffs, just saying with 10 weeks to go, it could happen, simply because its mathmatically possible.

JCMElway
10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Wow. Just wow. Although, the Raiders might be the second best team in the division. (Ew, I just soiled myself by saying that. Ick.)

They have to love his confidence, but in the AFC playoffs are probably:
Denver, New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, Cincy, with Baltimore, San Diego, and NY duking it out for the last wild card. Raiders D is good, but they have no QB play whatsoever.

RAIDERS SUCK!

MrPeepers
10-21-2009, 10:39 PM
i heard the broncos are going 3-13

ZONA
10-21-2009, 10:47 PM
This is what they got left

Jets
@ Chargers
Chiefs
Bengals
@ Cowboys
# Steelers
Redskins
@ Broncos
@ Browns
Ravens

I don't know, I count 6 more losses (could be more) so that puts them at 6-10 and out of the playoffs. Sounds about right.

TDmvp
10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
These guys couldn't make the gray cup playoffs...

atomicbloke
10-21-2009, 11:23 PM
What's Seymour supposed to say on TV when asked about his team' chances? That we suck and have absolutely no hope of winning another game, much less make the playoffs and the fans should just sell their tickets and forget about the team?

TDmvp
10-21-2009, 11:29 PM
What's Seymour supposed to say on TV when asked about his team' chances? That we suck and have absolutely no hope of winning another game, much less make the playoffs and the fans should just sell their tickets and forget about the team?

Well no .... But at least don't say something that is going to be plastered all over the place that makes you look like a fool or someone really bad at math.

Like you don't answer it that way you go with a

I think we can still get where we want to go "Phillip Rivers after the loss this week to Denver"

Cause saying it how he did makes you look delusional at least ...

Taco John
10-21-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't think they're selling tickets yet, Seymour.

Raidersbane
10-21-2009, 11:34 PM
I think it's more likely that a monkey will jump outta Seymour's ass.

OBF1
10-21-2009, 11:38 PM
He said they are going to the playoffs, not making the playoffs. I think he ment they already BOUGHT tickets for the post season :)

TDmvp
10-22-2009, 12:04 AM
He said they are going to the playoffs, not making the playoffs. I think he ment they already BOUGHT tickets for the post season :)

:thumbsup:

broncogary
10-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Funny thing is that if they'd gone with Jeff Garcia at QB, they'd probably be about a .500 team.

SoDak Bronco
10-22-2009, 05:26 AM
Let's hope to God we get to play this team in the playoff's. I would love to face Jaboomboom and Co. in the playoffs, lets hope they keep winning, that would be a cake walk.

fdf
10-22-2009, 05:35 AM
I think it's more likely that a monkey will jump outta Seymour's ass. . .

And yank Clady's hair like a little girl? Pretty sure that already happened.

TailgateNut
10-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Ummmm, guys? Where's the downside?

Would be GREAT if we could steal an easy win because the Raiders made it to the play offs.

I'm drawing the line in the sand.

NEVER ROOT for ANY RAIDER SUCCESS, what-so-ever.:wiggle:

TailgateNut
10-22-2009, 06:13 AM
This is what they got left

Jets
@ Chargers
Chiefs
Bengals
@ Cowboys
# Steelers
Redskins
@ Broncos
@ Browns
Ravens

I don't know, I count 6 more losses (could be more) so that puts them at 6-10 and out of the playoffs. Sounds about right.

I see 8 losses for their sorry a$$ team

dbfan21
10-22-2009, 06:47 AM

:rofl:

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-22-2009, 07:23 AM
There are so many bad teams this year that any one of them could put together a run. I don't see it happening with the Raiders, but stranger things have happened.

sisterhellfyre
10-22-2009, 07:36 AM
A friend said that he heard Seymour say on a radio show that he thinks the Raiders are going to the playoffs.

Sure, Seymour and a bunch of the guys are planning to buy tickets together for some playoff games. They can write it off on their taxes as an educational and professional development expense, so the Raiders can see how some real football teams play the game.

broncocalijohn
10-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Let's hope to God we get to play this team in the playoff's. I would love to face Jaboomboom and Co. in the playoffs, lets hope they keep winning, that would be a cake walk.

Highly unlikely. I am shooting for a first round bye and I dont think they can go on the road and win one. :thumbs:

Cool Breeze
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Didn't take long for him to hit the crackpipe...

socnorb777
10-22-2009, 10:57 AM

The Raiders found their nut last week against Philly. I don't know that they can find 7 or 8 more nuts the rest of the season which they will need to do in order to make the postseason. Seymour is clearly insane.

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 11:00 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO K Mr Seymour whatever it takes to make your stay in oakville better.

chadta
10-22-2009, 12:19 PM

ok now im the last person to make fun of spelling, but seriously

its the grEy cup

and its 97 years old this year

Orange_Beard
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
If they all go on Stub Hub, they could pick up some good seats for the AFC championship game in Denver.

TDmvp
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
ok now im the last person to make fun of spelling, but seriously

its the grEy cup

and its 97 years old this year

sorry I really had no idea it was E ... I've never seen a game of it or had any exposure to it's history ... my bad ... I always just thought it was like the color ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey
Grey (international and some parts of the U.S.) or gray (some U.S. only see spelling differences) describes the tints and shades ranging from black to white. These, including white and black, are known as achromatic colors or neutral colors. In recent years, "neutral colors" had been reclassified. These "new" neutrals have low colorfulness and/or chroma on the color wheel.

Irish Stout
10-22-2009, 12:29 PM
sorry I really had no idea it was E ... I've never seen a game of it or had any exposure to it's history ... my bad ... I always just thought it was like the color ....

What in the name of Kyle Orton is the Grey Cup?

Nevermind - looked it up, the Candian Football league's "superbowl"

Which also is their highest viewed sporting event.

chadta
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
funny thing is, until the 80s when the nfl got the big money tv contract, the 2 leagues actually competed for players, and the grey cup meant something, now the cfl is a minor league at best

TheChamp24
10-22-2009, 02:07 PM
They have a decent enough defense, but that offense is atrocious.

JCMElway
10-25-2009, 03:36 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA! HEE HEE HEE HEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!!!!

A playoff team! ROFLMAO!!!!!

HEE hee hee hee. heh heh. Heh.

bump

Gort
10-25-2009, 04:02 PM

anybody can go to the playoffs if they buy a ticket. that's what he meant to say. the Raiders are buying themselves tickets for the playoffs.

Paladin
10-25-2009, 04:21 PM
I bet he will go to Disneyland, too.......

Rocket 7
10-25-2009, 04:29 PM
I bet he will go to Disneyland, too.......

Might as well. He was talking about fairy tales.

Hulamau
10-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Chokeland and playoffs ..... in 2025 ....... at least 12 years after Davis kicks the bucket. It might take that long to clean up the mess.

Bronx33
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Biggest foot in mouth comment this year.

Cool Breeze
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Maybe he meant next year...

SJ Bronco
10-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Maybe he meant next year...

even that would have sounded stupid...I think he meant the raiders where NEVER gonna make the playoffs, and he just forgot a word....or maybe he meant to add "after Al Davis is buried under 6 feet of dirt with a silver bullet in his ass and a stake through his heart."