PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Bye weeks!

DomCasual
10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
They're probably good for the players, and all of that. And they get the owners an extra week of TV money. But it sucks to be thinking of this weekend without a game - especially the way they're playing right now.

I don't have anything poignant to add here. I just wanted to share.

Anyone else feeling a little blasť heading into this weekend?

ak1971
10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
They're probably good for the players, and all of that. And they get the owners an extra week of TV money. But it sucks to be thinking of this weekend without a game - especially the way they're playing right now.

Im sure you could blow TheRev

DomCasual
10-21-2009, 04:53 PM

That's not really dependent in any way on it being a bye week, though - right?

I'm going to start calling you Captain Obvious.

Conklin
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM

gimme a pic to work with and i'll get it done

PRBronco
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
The key to making it tolerable is to get way too into your pick'em picks. I plan on spending at least 3 days poring over stats.

KS Bronco
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
ditto, not sure what to do this weekend, except wear my chiefs red and root for whomever is playing the faiders.
couldnt be happier with our situation tho, including lack of major injuries. this may be good timing, to let our secondary (bdawk, smith, jmfw) rest after a few injuries, as well as our o-line.

2KBack
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
I hate them as well, and usually don't know what to do with myself on Sundays. This year it came at a relatively good time though, I'm swamped with work and can use that time productively for once.

azbroncfan
10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I just hope they always fall during the ELK hunt or the Deer hunt so I don't miss a game but it hasn't been working that way. Luckily in Utah you can drive to any bar and any little town and Denver is the local team.

ksBRONCOfan
10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I might actually have to get off my ass and do something this weekend.

worm
10-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Going to the Saints\Dolphins game in Miami this weekend.

Sobe can cure almost anything.

atomicbloke
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Did you guys know that there is more to life than football?

maher_tyler
10-21-2009, 05:29 PM
I have a lot of **** i gotta get done before the movers come and pack up my ****...the bye week couldn't have come at a better time!!

PRBronco
10-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Did you guys know that there is more to life than football?

More to what than football?

Jk I just remembered I have canucks tickets on sunday, woots! Although they're losing the battle for my affection, by losing.

baja
10-21-2009, 05:33 PM

I look at this way atleast we got Cutler to watch. ;D

Bronco Warrior
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Heck the Extra Day till Monday nearly sent me over the edge! This is killing me!

HAT
10-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Heck the Extra Day till Monday nearly sent me over the edge! This is killing me!

Yup...Two Sundays in a row with no Bronco game? Ugh....

As much as I love MNF games once they get there....I'd rather be watching Denver at my sports bar on a Sunday amongst all of the other transplant fans/gamblers/FF players going nuts over all the games.

lex
10-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Look at it this way. If you think being prepared has been a strength, having an extra week might mean that much more.

I actually like it that its coming now. Its kind of fun watching the other teams scratch and claw when youre in good shape.