PDA

View Full Version : Sock fines.

Old Dude
10-21-2009, 02:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/12/fines-not-expected-for-broncos-sock-twisting/

So, if I understand this right, Gaffney and the others won't be fined unless the complainants (whoever they might be) can somehow prove that none of the original Broncos from 60-61 (a good number of whom are probably dead by now) never twisted their own socks as a fashion statement.

And since there is hardly any film from those days ...

But what about Stokely who wore two pair to create a checkerboard effect?

baja
10-21-2009, 02:40 PM
no fun league

PRBronco
10-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Naw Stokely folded them down on themselves and then back up, I'll try and find a pic, brb!

*edit* Balls, I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a pic out there of him celebrating his TD with Haggan, and you can see that his socks are folded over.

Old Dude
10-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Naw Stokely folded them down on themselves and then back up, I'll try and find a pic, brb!

Well, that would seem to fall into the same category as twisting them.

It's kind of like speculating what color the dinosaurs were.

baja
10-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, that would seem to fall into the same category as twisting them.

It's kind of like speculating what color the dinosaurs were.

Everyone knows it's green right???

DomCasual
10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Everyone knows it's green right???

No, it's purple.

tsiguy96
10-21-2009, 03:12 PM
want a pic of stokelys!

BigPlayShay
10-21-2009, 04:00 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/b9ddab75-a78d-4c68-bed6-c7100c892dd6.jpg

atomicbloke
10-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Does the NFL also regulate with which hand can the players jerk off?

How much is the fine if a player jerks off with the wrong hand?

Gort
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Does the NFL also regulate with which hand can the players jerk off?

How much is the fine if a player jerks off with the wrong hand?

the league makes them wear pink gloves. for the rest of the season, if you see a player wearing pink gloves... that's what it means. true story.

maher_tyler
10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
If this turns out to be true...it is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard!

PRBronco
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm going to miss those jerseys so much :(

bronco militia
10-21-2009, 04:59 PM
old dude should be banned for this thread

the story is from 10 days ago and there will no fines given out to the broncos players

Fines not expected for Broncos sock-twisting
Posted by Mike Florio on October 12, 2009 8:47 AM ET
Multiple Broncos players had a new twist for the vertically-striped socks on their throwback uniforms.

They twisted them.

The maneuver, performed most noticeably by receiver Jabar Gaffney, might have induced nausea if the color scheme of the uniforms hadn't already done the trick.

Many of you have asked whether the players who did it will be fined, so we asked NFL spokesman Greg Aiello whether the barber-pole effect is a violation of league rules.

"It will be a close shave," Aiello said. (Well played, Aiello. Well played.)

Aiello then added, only a bit more seriously, that the players will not be fined unless it can be definitively proven that the Broncos never twisted their socks when wearing the uniforms in question.

Bottom line? The league probably wasn't thrilled with the maneuver, but even the Park Avenue fashion police surely realize that there's a limit to the public's tolerance of fining players for their efforts to inject a hint of individuality or creativity into the game.

For more on Sunday's Patriots-Broncos game -- and every other game played on Sunday -- check out The Morning Aftermath.

Circle Orange
10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/12/fines-not-expected-for-broncos-sock-twisting/

So, if I understand this right, Gaffney and the others won't be fined unless the complainants (whoever they might be) can somehow prove that none of the original Broncos from 60-61 (a good number of whom are probably dead by now) never twisted their own socks as a fashion statement.

And since there is hardly any film from those days ...

But what about Stokely who wore two pair to create a checkerboard effect?

I saw that! I mentioned it in another thread...the vibrating lines distracted me enough to forget who it was.

And the twisty taffy thing is even uglier and thus, more effective.

SJ Bronco
10-21-2009, 09:13 PM
I think those socks make the other team nauseous if you run fast enough, thus making us 2-0 with them

Garcia Bronco
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
The socks are ****ing awesome

Kaylore
10-22-2009, 09:35 AM
The socks are ****ing awesome

This!

Peoples Champ
10-22-2009, 09:43 AM
that is bs if they do fine them. The fact that they styled them up is causing a craze for people to buy them. Wasnt the Bronco store sold out ? It seems like a lot of the ppl on the omane were trying to get them. I want a pair.

supermanhr9
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I like the home jerseys better,,,,, it's gonna be funny now to watch them back in the current uniforms in 1 1/2 weeks.

scorpio
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/b9ddab75-a78d-4c68-bed6-c7100c892dd6.jpg

Stokely always has the goofiest look on his face when he's playing

The Joker
10-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I like the home jerseys better,,,,, it's gonna be funny now to watch them back in the current uniforms in 1 1/2 weeks.

I love how the same pair of pants is used for both jerseys even though they clearly don't go with the white jerseys.

bap454
10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
The league cant possibly prove without a doubt that the socks weren't twisted/folded within the action of the game. It is a contact game. This is just silly. Wont happen.

Pontius Pirate
10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Gosh those socks are nifty
Anyone know where I can buy 'em?
You know I like funny socks

That reminds me
Has anyone seen what socks they're wearing next?
Really interesting subject actually
Everyone is talking about it
And socks are important
Damn.

missingnumber7
10-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Stokely always has the goofiest look on his face when he's playing

Dude he's a kid in a 33 yr old body...he looks like he is loving every snap on the field...thats why he's one of my favorite players on this team.