PDA

View Full Version : The Jeff Fisher "Manning Jersey" Psuedo-Controversy

RhymesayersDU
10-21-2009, 11:11 AM
I find it amusing because I think what would have happened if Shanny would have donned a Charger jersey last year at a charity event, trying to be funny, raise some money, etc.

Inevitably, half of you would take it to heart, and half of you wouldn't care because it's a stupid thing to get worked up over.

So VOTE!

(Note: See ESPN.com or another news outlet if you haven't seen it yet.)

BroncoDoug
10-21-2009, 11:13 AM
He's doing it because he wants to feel like a winner... well, WIN!

Blart
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM
What else could he get from the crowd besides laughs? Sympathy?

Rohirrim
10-21-2009, 11:21 AM
In these instances I just do what I always do: Refer to my Chuck Norris manual.

Answer: Round house kick to the side of the head. ;D

Taco John
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
If last year, we started the season 0-6, and Shanahan pulled on a Chargers jersey in public, I would have come to the conclusion that Shanahan had run his course in Denver right then and there. I don't know what Bowlen would have thought about it. I can't imagine he'd have been too impressed with it.

Broncosfreak_56
10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
He did it for charity. It was a joke. People need to get thicker skin. And the reason it was a Manning jersey was because he was introducing Tony Dungy.

HEAV
10-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Don't crap where you eat

Bronco Boy
10-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Coaches should never wear jerseys. Period.

dbfan21
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I think the move wasn't the slickest of all time. I mean, it's right in the thick of the season, the Titans may be the biggest surprise disappointment in the NFL this year and the city is wondering what the heck happened to the 13-3 team of last year....then your head coach pulls a stunt like this and says that he wanted to feel like a winner? That's not right. Should he be fired over this? No. Should he take harsh criticism? Maybe. Should Bud Adams yank his ass in the office and ask, What the eff were you thinking?" Yep!

If it was in March and the sting from a lousy season was worn off, then maybe it's okay. It was only, what, 2 weeks ago when the Colts and Manning annhilated the Titans on national tv?

In all, the move wasn't smart, the timing could have been better, but there are worse tragedies going on in the NFL...like the Browns! :giggle:

RhymesayersDU
10-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Coaches should never wear jerseys. Period.

So charity function be damned, proper attire comes first.

Interesting.

Miss I.
10-21-2009, 12:11 PM
You know theres another thread on this topic yes? And my position remains unchanged, this is not a big deal. If they fire fisher over it, they are morons with no sense of humor. The jersey was worn in honor of Tony Dungy, a retired head coach and all around decent human being. So ridiculous, getting knickers knotted over this.

RhymesayersDU
10-21-2009, 12:18 PM
You know theres another thread on this topic yes? And my position remains unchanged, this is not a big deal. If they fire fisher over it, they are morons with no sense of humor. The jersey was worn in honor of Tony Dungy, a retired head coach and all around decent human being. So ridiculous, getting knickers knotted over this.

But this one has a fancy poll!

Miss I.
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I do enjoy a good poll...;D

Killericon
10-21-2009, 12:22 PM
If we were 0-6 and McDaniels did it, I'd be pissed.

If we were 0-6 and Shanahan did it, I'd laugh.

It's different when it's a coach who's been around for forever.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
If we were 0-6 and McDaniels did it, I'd be pissed.

If we were 0-6 and Shanahan did it, I'd laugh.

It's different when it's a coach who's been around for forever.

I see it like this, but there's two other variables that make it more complicated, imo.

If Shanahan had put on a Rivers jersey, I'd have gone nuts mad.

BUT, Manning is also a Tennessee hero from his college days there and is decently loved besides being a division rival.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I do enjoy a good poll...;D

Yes, but this one isnt public. Wait, did you mean poll or POLE?

Miss I.
10-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, but this one isnt public. Wait, did you mean poll or POLE?

I'm sorry but my response isnt public either. ;D

RhymesayersDU
10-21-2009, 12:59 PM
I see it like this, but there's two other variables that make it more complicated, imo.

If Shanahan had put on a Rivers jersey, I'd have gone nuts mad.

BUT, Manning is also a Tennessee hero from his college days there and is decently loved besides being a division rival.

And that's the thing... It's not like he was walking around town with it on or something. He had specific reasons (Dungy; Manning in TN), and a good charity to think about. I don't have a huge problem with it given the fact that he was doing it for a good cause.

If he was just walking around the mall or something with it on, I'd have more questions.