PDA

View Full Version : Something New, Something Old

RhymesayersDU
10-20-2009, 04:40 PM
So the Bears play the Bengals this coming week. The question is simple. Who do you want to win?

(Something new - The Bengals/AFC Playoff issue; Something old - Another Cutler circle jerk)

Pat Bowlen
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Why do I have to hate Cutler in order to root for a higher pick?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

RhymesayersDU
10-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Pat, can I buy you a drink?

TheReverend
10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Every Bears game is a win/win for me.

gyldenlove
10-20-2009, 04:59 PM
We have the tie breaker with the Bengals and they will lose enough games to not be an issue anyway.

Bronx33
10-20-2009, 05:08 PM
I Want The Bengals To Win! I Dislike Cutler, AND We Get A Better Draft Pick!

Dedhed
10-20-2009, 05:25 PM
we're already 3 games up on the Bengals, so of course the better draft pick.

ColoradoDarin
10-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Bengals win or lose, we still own our playoff seeding by the way we play the rest of the year. The Bears need to lose for us to get a better draft pick.

Man-Goblin
10-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Why do I have to hate Cutler in order to root for a higher pick?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Short term memory loss, Pat?

ColoradoDarin
10-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Short term memory loss, Pat?

You don't have to hate to root for Cutler to lose.

BroncoInSkinland
10-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Bengals winning is good for causing disruption int hat division as well. I would like the Steelers and Ravens to have something to focus on for at least the next three weeks.

Mogulseeker
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Why bother? We are in the drivers seat for our division.

Drek
10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Bears losing is optimal. We got the tie breaker on Cincy and them feeling tough will only help turn that division into a quagmire. Bears losing makes our pick a little better each time. A 7-9 Bears team giving us a 8-12 pick would be ideal.

Majik
10-20-2009, 07:47 PM
My dislike for Cutler has become Favre like, I hope the Bengals destroy them.

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 06:58 AM

:~ohyah!:

Man-Goblin
10-21-2009, 07:43 AM
You don't have to hate to root for Cutler to lose.

Correct. I love to root for Cutler to lose.

Irish Stout
10-21-2009, 08:01 AM
People who want Bears to win because of a worry about the AFC playoff race are silly. If you have to rely on other teams to lose your team probably doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I want the Bengals to win, for as little as it matters (even in Playoff Seeding) strength of schedule means something when people evaluate your team. The better the Bengals can prove themselves to be, the more holding them to 0 points for 59 minutes will mean to us.

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 08:04 AM
People who want Bears to win because of a worry about the AFC playoff race are silly. If you have to rely on other teams to lose your team probably doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I want the Bengals to win, for as little as it matters (even in Playoff Seeding) strength of schedule means something when people evaluate your team. The better the Bengals can prove themselves to be, the more holding them to 0 points for 59 minutes will mean to us.

the bengals aren't a bottom feeder as most wanted to believe when we beat them. They've done well this season and will beat the Chicago****lers this weekend. Mark it down!

ScottXray
10-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I want the Bengals to win, just cause it improves our draft pick from Chicago.

PLUS it makes our trade of HWSNBN* look better.

However, since the Bengals lost their leading sacker last game, I think it will be tough for them to get after HWSNBN* enough to pressure him. We can still hope that he will be overconfident and throw a few more badly timed and critical picks
and maybe one or two pick 6s. And Chicago WILL have to throw the ball to win, since they can't Run it worth shyt, and Cinn does have a fairly stiff run D. But if HWSNBN* is ON, then I think Chicago will win. (damn it)

* HWSNBN = He Who Shall Not Be Named

underrated29
10-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Well i like the bears as a team. Always have. But i like the bengals too. And i have carson and chad on my FF team. That coupled with the fact that we get a better pick.

Go get em tigers!

Mountain Bronco
10-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I picked the bears lose, but only because of the draft pick, not Cutler, although I think he is overrated because he doesn't win consistently, I bet he is a fun dude to hang with, so I don't hate him.

tsiguy96
10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
damnit, i tried to pick i want the bears to LOSE, accidently chose first. if we go 4-6 the rest of the way, chargers need to go 9-2 to win outright. i like our chances, so now i want a high pick next year.

Flex Gunmetal
10-21-2009, 11:22 AM
I wish for the worst for cutler and the bears. I hope he throws 4 pick 6's right before leaving on a stretcher. Make that 5.

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I picked the bears lose, but only because of the draft pick, not Cutler, although I think he is overrated because he doesn't win consistently, I bet he is a fun dude to hang with, so I don't hate him.

The daughter of the guy who owns the seats in front of me, and her friends don't agree with this statement. Apparantly he's a jerkoff off the field:~ohyah!:

bronco militia
10-21-2009, 11:27 AM
why do i have to hate cutler

pat!!!! You gutless drunk!!!

OBF1
10-21-2009, 11:40 AM
The daughter of the guy who owns the seats in front of me, and her friends don't agree with this statement. Apparantly he's a jerkoff off the field:~ohyah!:

Just an all around jerkoff then ^5

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Just an all around jerkoff then ^5

that's the verdict.

HEAV
10-21-2009, 12:02 PM
The Cutler must go down and must go down HARD!

listopencil
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Cuck Futler.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2009, 12:35 PM

50/50 on your comments. I like the hate angle but I want both teams to struggle. Palmer (USC!!!) takes the Bengals down the field and scores to go up by 2 points with 5 minutes left. Cutler needs to drive to around the 30 yard line for a field goal. Cutler goes 3 and out on crappy throws and yells at his receivers. Cutler gets the ball back thanks to the stellar defense that has played all day. 3 minutes left and same scenario to win. Cutler gets to the 40 of the Bengals with 1 minute to play. Fans on their feet. They are ecstatic for their franchise QB. He then throws it to a wide open......Bengal and runs it back for the score. Bengals 19, Bears 10 (TD scored by the defense). Crowd boos Cutler off the field and he mouths "I got my money biatch!"

broncocalijohn
10-21-2009, 12:42 PM

What people? Who cares "what people" think of us now. Are they still going back to the Bengals game to validate or not to validate our record? You are correct, as little as it matters. There is no strength of schedule concerns for playoff seedings. Is this College Football? 0 points for 59 minutes? Who cares at this point. The defense has proven themselves in every game. We dont need to go back to game one to validate anything. Bears lose for our draft pick. (Picking Cinci for playoff implications is never a wrong answer. I just want to be like Lex and go the draft route).

Hercules Rockefeller
10-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Draft pick

Old Dude
10-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Can't make up my mind. As a general rule, I want to see that draft pick be as valuable as possible.

On the other hand, playoff issues could get very important down the line.

Hmmn.

Just thinking out loud here, but I guess it all really does boil down to how I feel about Jay.

:thumbsdow

Off with his head.

ColoradoDarin
10-21-2009, 02:34 PM
For the people having trouble think about it this way: Playoff seeding is only a one year help, and higher draft pick can help us for years.

rmsanger
10-21-2009, 02:37 PM
What's with all the anti-semitism around here??? Stop the Cutler hate now, oy vey...

BroncoInSkinland
10-21-2009, 07:12 PM
How about Cincy coming back from a one point deficit on a miracle deflection? I'd love for Cutler to reap our Karmic payback. :)

BroncoBuff
10-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I like Cutler but I want him to LOOOSE.

Irish Stout
10-21-2009, 07:32 PM
What people? Who cares "what people" think of us now. Are they still going back to the Bengals game to validate or not to validate our record? You are correct, as little as it matters. There is no strength of schedule concerns for playoff seedings. Is this College Football? 0 points for 59 minutes? Who cares at this point. The defense has proven themselves in every game. We dont need to go back to game one to validate anything. Bears lose for our draft pick. (Picking Cinci for playoff implications is never a wrong answer. I just want to be like Lex and go the draft route).

Man, I guess we're not on the same page. When I look back at who the Broncos beat, I want to see a 16 game season where we won 16 games against all 15-1 (14-2 AFC West teams). I want to see the Broncos clearly being the most dominant team to walk the face of the earth. Now I know this is impossible, but I hope you see my point. I don't care what anyone else says about the Broncos, but I want it to be clear that they can beat anyone any time... I would like to take on the Saints next week, the Colts the following week, and the Vikings the week after that.

Strength of schedule becomes ridiculously unimportant in the NFL, but it does have some merit if it comes down to division tie breakers...

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games

With the Bengals, it doesn't directly matter as we beat them, but you never know what weird scenarios we're looking at at the end of the year.

So yes, I want the Bengals to win for the following reasons, 3 being the least important to me:
1. Draft pick
2. To have beaten the best teams playing in the NFL
3. To Cuck Futler

Irish Stout
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
What's with all the anti-semitism around here??? Stop the Cutler hate now, oy vey...

Anti-semitism? Isn't Cutler an emo terrorist?

Bronco Yoda
10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
I'll settle for a tie. They can both eat ****