PDA

View Full Version : Throwback Uni's

milehighiniowacity
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Are we done with the uni's we wore last night? It was cool for one game but I hate them and hope we are done with them. I just have a problem with the color scheme not even being close to our current uni's. Thoughts?

bronco militia
10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
they are history again!!! thank god!

cousinal11
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought we are suppose to wear them every time we play an original AFL team?

crush17
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Nope, they are done. Just these past two games, thank goodness. Those white ones were even worse than the yellow ones...

I mean, I could easily handle it more than twice if it weren't for those damn socks!!

RhymesayersDU
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I need to buy the yellow and brown socks.

MagicHef
10-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Honestly, I liked them.

OBF1
10-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Quit whining. They are part of Denver Bronco history, We are 2-0 wearing them and they are pretty damn cool if you axe me.

dbfan21
10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Quit whining. They are part of Denver Bronco history, We are 2-0 wearing them and they are pretty damn cool if you axe me.

I am glad we went 2-0 in them...at least they're not bad luck...if you believe in that stuff to begin with.

TailgateNut
10-20-2009, 01:46 PM

I told "the wife" last night: "they're ugly, but I LIKE 'EM".:~ohyah!:

bronco militia
10-20-2009, 01:47 PM

we are 4-0 without them

Man-Goblin
I'm gonna miss them.

Rabb
I liked the white jerseys, I was thinking of getting one actually

Rohirrim
10-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I think the Broncos should invite the players to Dove Valley who originally wore them (whoever are still alive) and burn them a second time. ;D

crush17
10-20-2009, 01:50 PM
who's whining?

cmhargrove
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I will honestly say that I like the yellow and brown better than the white and brown.

I'm actually going to miss the socks. Watching Gaffney and Ayers swirl the socks was pretty sweet.

Speaking of the throwback stuff, and the gray hoodie that we can't seem to get - anyone notice Dennison with the hoodie? He's fully on the dark side now.

The hoodie has "win."

Natedog24
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Can't wait to see the Broncos back in orange and blue :)

milehighiniowacity
10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not whining and knew it would be a matter of time before someone brought up being 2-0. Like I said cool idea for a game but can't wait to get back to the Orange and Blue!

missingnumber7
10-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm not whining and knew it would be a matter of time before someone brought up being 2-0. Like I said cool idea for a game but can't wait to get back to the Orange and Blue!

I want to see bright orange and royal blue with the classic logo.

missingnumber7
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Aug. 9: Hall of Fame Game, Titans 21, Bills 18
Sept. 14: Patriots 25, Bills 24
Sept. 14: Chargers 24, Raiders 20
Sept. 27: Jets 24, Titans 17
Oct. 11: Cowboys 26, Chiefs 20 (OT)
Oct. 11: Broncos 20, Patriots 17 (OT)
Oct. 18: Titans at Patriots, 4:15 p.m.
Oct. 19: Broncos at Chargers, 8:30 p.m.
Oct. 25: Chargers at Chiefs, 1 p.m.
Oct. 25: Jets at Raiders, 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 1: Dolphins at Jets, 1 p.m.
Nov. 15: Bills at Titans, 1 p.m.
Nov. 15: Chiefs at Raiders, 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 26: Raiders at Cowboys, 4:15 p.m.
Nov. 29: Dolphins at Bills, 1 p.m.
Dec. 6: Patriots at Dolphins, 8:20 p.m.

SoonerBronco
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Thank god they are done.

Broncomutt
10-20-2009, 02:08 PM
can't wait to see the broncos back in orange and blue :)

qft

Beantown Bronco
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Speaking of the throwback stuff, and the gray hoodie that we can't seem to get - anyone notice Dennison with the hoodie? He's fully on the dark side now.

The hoodie has "win."

Personally, I wanna know where to get the Broncos windpants that the coaches seem to favor.

BroncoBuff
10-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Patriots wear the 4 times, and us just twice?

Bummer, I love those uniforms ... God help me I do.
I was ready to hate them, for months I was wincing
at the thought. But when they came busting out all
at once against the Pats under an overcast sky ...
GAWD how I love these uniforms! I wish we'd wear
them once every year.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8833/clockx.jpg

Check out my mini-throwback-photo-album:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28494&id=1580720728&l=09a48ec504

Rock Chalk
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
we are 4-0 without them

touché

crawdad
10-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I like the mustard and mud, if you will, they looked awesome in person.

Archer81
10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
They were better than I thought, and I might get the white one, too. It was pretty nice. Its gonna be odd to see the regular unis...like...who the ****...oh, right...game on...

:Broncos:

TexanBob
10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
I think the retro unis match this gritty group of blue-collar players, many of them cast-offs from other teams or told they were too short, too slow, etc. They don't have glam players like Elway. They've got freaking Orton. They have a no-name d-line. The ugly-ass uniforms are like saying "we're that inner-city school with the low budget who will rip your slacker suburban hearts out because you don't respect us and we're hungrier." I say "keep 'em".

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I will honestly say that I like the yellow and brown better than the white and brown.

I'm actually going to miss the socks. Watching Gaffney and Ayers swirl the socks was pretty sweet.

The hoodie has "win."

So the one Coach McDaniels was wearing isn't available, even at the stadium? I looked at NFLShop.com, and couldn't find it there... LOVED that thing.

My favorite though is the brown polo with the old yellow/brown logo. Awesomeness.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-20-2009, 06:08 PM
I want to see bright orange and royal blue with the classic logo.

same with me i want to see the old 1970- mid 90s jerseys 8')8')

Kid A
10-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Wouldn't be shocked if they brought them back again for a game in the next few years. Got some media attention, fans seemed to think they were fun, and those socks are the stuff of legends.

Circle Orange
10-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I think the retro unis match this gritty group of blue-collar players, many of them cast-offs from other teams or told they were too short, too slow, etc. They don't have glam players like Elway. They've got freaking Orton. They have a no-name d-line. The ugly-ass uniforms are like saying "we're that inner-city school with the low budget who will rip your slacker suburban hearts out because you don't respect us and we're hungrier." I say "keep 'em".

*gak*

Well, they certainly are ugly, I'll give you that. But what cracks me up are the "let's twist these monstrous socks into taffy legs" players. Someone even had on two pair and alternated the stripes (blech).

So, is bad taste "in" now? Curious minds need to know.

I suppose it could be worse...the socks could be orange and blue stripedy.

Swedish Extrovert
10-20-2009, 06:36 PM

I would axe you if I didn't agree with you, but I do.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-20-2009, 06:51 PM
i think we should wear all the past uniforms this year and the current ones too including the new style orange ones

Swedish Extrovert
10-20-2009, 07:29 PM
i think we should wear all the past uniforms this year and the current ones too including the new style orange ones

I think we should wear Ravens jerseys when we play the Ravens... thatt'l confuse them.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-20-2009, 07:39 PM
i like ya plan

maher_tyler
10-20-2009, 07:51 PM
same with me i want to see the old 1970- mid 90s jerseys 8')8')

Maybe on Thanksgiving they'll bust em out!!

Atwater His Ass
10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
they are horrible. i thought i'd like the road version a little more, but no, they are just terrible.

BroncoBuff
10-20-2009, 07:55 PM
I think we should wear Ravens jerseys when we play the Ravens... thatt'l confuse them.

haha LOL

TexanBob
10-20-2009, 08:49 PM
So, is bad taste "in" now?

This is Pro Football, not Dancing With The Stars. There's an intimidation factor in looking like you just oozed out of a mud pit and you don't give a flip about appearance, only about winning and making the opponent hurt the next morning. Dare I say, the Broncos current duds look too corporate, too marketing-driven. The throwbacks say "we're not in this for style points. we just want to kick your ass." They look like the Browns back in the Jim Brown days and Jim Brown could kick ass.

And any U. of Wyoming fans have already got the colors. In fact, that logo on the retro caps looks a lot like Wyoming's logo too.

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 06:51 AM
I like the mustard and mud, if you will, they looked awesome in person.

Yep, they're second to the Old "D" O+B.

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 06:53 AM

This is the FIRST GREAT POST you've ever made.:notworthy

First rep on the way!

missingnumber7
10-21-2009, 09:40 AM
This is Pro Football, not Dancing With The Stars.

I'm all for the cheerleaders wearing outfits like dancing with the stars.

Gort
10-21-2009, 09:53 AM
i really like the helmets.

the rest of the uniforms have started to grow on me. i wouldn't mind seeing them again.

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Not my opinion, but funny:

milehighJC
10-21-2009, 09:59 AM
The brown and white unis would have looked cool in 1960 on a rainy day when the field was a mudhole.

KillerBronco#76
10-21-2009, 10:25 AM
The jerseys were straight baller anyone says other wise doesn't know what their talkin about. Anyone else catch that hat McDaniels was wearing? He's been sportin some badass threads these last couple weeks.

missingnumber7
10-21-2009, 11:57 AM
The brown and white unis would have looked cool in 1960 on a rainy day when the field was a mudhole.

and the game was in black and white.

crawdad
10-21-2009, 01:04 PM
The jerseys were straight baller anyone says other wise doesn't know what their talkin about. Anyone else catch that hat McDaniels was wearing? He's been sportin some badass threads these last couple weeks.

Iron Clady has one of those and that is my next purchase. I like them!

chanesaw
10-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I absolutely loved the throwbacks. Especially the helmets. I would like to make the full-time switch. I even like the socks.

Jerry Curl
10-21-2009, 01:10 PM
And any U. of Wyoming fans have already got the colors. In fact, that logo on the retro caps looks a lot like Wyoming's logo too.
It rules.

And I'm still looking for some pairs of them damn socks!

dbfan21
10-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Personally, I wanna know where to get the Broncos windpants that the coaches seem to favor.

My wife got me a pair for Christmas last year. She had to look high and low for them and ended up paying in upwards of $55-60 for them. I love wearing mine though...comfortable, cool, blah, blah, blah. I think she got them (brand new with tags) on eBay. I think the seller was located in Colorado. I'd try there because they aren't sold in stores anymore...for what reason I have no clue!

Good Luck man!!

Pony Boy
10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
There will be "Striped Stockings" hanging on the fireplace this Christmas.......

rmsanger
10-21-2009, 02:34 PM
A bunch of closet queer eyes in here worried about the friggin attire... Who cares, they won in them so let's keep the momentum going and continue to wear them.

Get off your vibrators ladies!

Bronco Bob
10-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Maybe on Thanksgiving they'll bust em out!!

They did wear them for a Thankgiving game with Dallas when Greazy was QB.

Circle Orange
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
This is Pro Football, not Dancing With The Stars. There's an intimidation factor in looking like you just oozed out of a mud pit and you don't give a flip about appearance, only about winning and making the opponent hurt the next morning. Dare I say, the Broncos current duds look too corporate, too marketing-driven. The throwbacks say "we're not in this for style points. we just want to kick your ass." They look like the Browns back in the Jim Brown days and Jim Brown could kick ass.

Well...at least they aren't the Oregon Ducks.

Even so, let's make this deal really wretched...combine all of the unis. The striped chocolate and banana socks with the blueberry pants, the orangeade jerseys and the rorshach test horse helmet. Teams will be so frightened they'll quit on sight, thus giving the broncos a perfect 16-0 record. ;D

BroncoBuff
10-21-2009, 08:09 PM
This is Pro Football, not Dancing With The Stars. There's an intimidation factor in looking like you just oozed out of a mud pit and you don't give a flip about appearance ... The throwbacks say "we're not in this for style points. we just want to kick your ass." They look like the Browns back in the Jim Brown days and Jim Brown could kick ass.

Totally agree. I think the cw that the players "hate them" is totally wrong. I bet of you talk to the guys, they'll say they love 'em. Defense especially. We should wear them one game every year.

Why do the Patriots get to wear theirs' FOUR tmes?

Archer81
10-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Totally agree. I think the cw that the players "hate them" is totally wrong. I bet of you talk to the guys, they'll say they love 'em. Defense especially. We should wear them one game every year.

Why do the Patriots get to wear theirs' FOUR tmes?

Because it makes Brady's eyes more stunning...

duh.

:Broncos: