PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again - anybody changing their win/loss predictions?

ZONA
10-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I had the team going 8-8 at season start. A few weeks ago I said 9-7. Well, I'm changing it again.

Here we go............

12-4

The Skins, Raiders, Chiefs x2 (give me 4 right there so that is 10 and I think we can beat SD at home, give me 11 and I think we scrap 1 more out somewhere for 12-4. I so badly want to say 13-3 because I think it's totally doable for this team and they keep showing us that they are up for the task.

Rock Chalk
I had the team going 8-8 at season start. A few weeks ago I said 9-7. Well, I'm changing it again.

Here we go............

12-4

The Skins, Raiders, Chiefs x2 (give me 4 right there so that is 10 and I think we can beat SD at home, give me 11 and I think we scrap 1 more out somewhere for 12-4. I so badly want to say 13-3 because I think it's totally doable for this team and they keep showing us that they are up for the task.

Imma keep my 14-2 prediction thanks.

mwill07
16-0

TheDave
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
no way I'm sticking with 6-10...

Rohirrim
10-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I actually had them going 12-4 before the season started. I just mistakenly typed it in backwards. :clown:

Seriously, though. At this point I'm going to go with 14-2.

Irish Stout
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Imma keep my 14-2 prediction thanks.

Rock Chalk used to burn me out, but I have loved his attitude through this offseason. He's stuck to a strong prediction before the season began and has believed in this team. I'm right there with him, though I will stick to my original prediction!

What did Montrose originally predict? Is he ever coming back? Montrose and Rock Chalk had a lot of off season faith.

rbackfactory80
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Having McDaniels as a coach has really forced me to respect Bill Bellichick. I always hated him but truth is he taught Josh much of what he knows. With that being said regular season never meant anything to the Patriots. They could get killed by a team in the the regular season and wipe them out in the playoffs. I say all this with the game every Bronco fan has circled on their calendar, the Colts. I want to see is we can take a page out of New England's book and as great as beating the Chargers was last night, the Colts are my concern. Even if teams like the Ravens or Steelers beat us, it will be close, and could go either way. What I want to be able to say that about the Colts. Colts have destroyed several of our seasons beating us so badly.

Kid A
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Folks, it's getting close to time to start rooting extra hard against Indy.

But, hey, my 7-9 prediction is still in play.

DomCasual
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM

Here we go............

12-4

Here's a list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=2897) of 77 people who said 19-0.

BroncoBuff
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM
The only pre-season prediction that's still safe - the ONLY one - was montrose' 13-3.

Yes, he was serious.

Rock Chalk
10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
The only pre-season prediction that's still safe - the ONLY one - was montrose' 13-3.

Yes, he was serious.

Actually, the only pre-season predictions that ARENT safe are the 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 predictions.

Every other prediction out there is still a good one at this point. Even the 6-10. Its not bloody likely, but its still valid.

orinjkrush
10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
i'm keeping my 6-10. reverse mojo. And my Schefumbler reference. seems to work there too.

DomCasual
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Yes, he was serious.

You're just talking crazy-talk now.

theAPAOps5
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
13-3 for my boy Montrose!

Swedish Extrovert
10-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Initially I said 11-5, after preseason I said 9-7, very optimistic with super bowl contender expectations next year. Looks like my prediction will arrive a year early.

12-4... the division, probably a playoff win.

BroncoBuff
10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
You're just talking crazy-talk now.
Several of us talked with him in person about that prediction, Khan and I and a few others, and montrose was totally serious. 100%.

He should really stop by and take a bow. :notworthy

Beantown Bronco
10-20-2009, 01:02 PM
I was 7-9 in preseason.....I'm willing to change that to 12-4.

Beat the Ravens in Baltimore and I'll up that to 13-3.

theAPAOps5
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Last home game I went with Montrose. He makes it appoint to say McD's name every chance he gets. Says stuff like way to go McDaniels, Thanks McDaniels, McDaniels that was brilliant. I guess people were saying stuff about McD that sit around him earlier in the year so this is his way of rubbing it in a little.

It made me laugh!

DomCasual
10-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Several of us talked with him in person about that prediction, Khan and I and a few others, and montrose was totally serious. 100%.

He should really stop by and take a bow. :notworthy

No, I'm saying it's crazy talk because you said it was the only one that could actually happen. As far as I can tell, 19-0 is still a possibility. :)

BroncoBuff
10-20-2009, 01:11 PM
No, I'm saying it's crazy talk because you said it was the only one that could actually happen. As far as I can tell, 19-0 is still a possibility. :)

Yes, but nobody really picked 19-0 ... that was a kidding around thread.

If anybody else predicted 13 or more wins before the season began, by all means lay it out here ... ^5

DomCasual
10-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes, but nobody really picked 19-0 ... that was a kidding around thread.

If anybody else predicted 13 or more wins before the season began, by all means lay it out here ... ^5

Says you, you tall, goofy bastard! I put myself out there by making that thread!

TheReverend
10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm not a waffler.

Sticking with 3-13.

lol :)

TailgateNut
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I started with 9-7 or 7-9 which I revised to 10 (+-1-1/2) after the second regular season game. Now I'll go with my season ticket personalized message of "All The Way" stumbling into the playoffs with a regular season record of 13-3.

crush17
10-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Well, I thought I was being highly optimistic and picked them to go 10-6 on the season, but damn, the sky is really the limit now!

Los Broncos
10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I said 6 and I'm sticking to it :)

TailgateNut
10-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, I thought I was being highly optimistic and picked them to go 10-6 on the season, but damn, the sky is really the limit now!

considering that we have the faid at Mile high, Kc here and there and the deadskins, me thinks you're prediction is covered.:~ohyah!:

BroncoMan4ever
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
i stated all offseason 10-6 or 11-5 and was called a homer and heckled relentlessly for that. well screw all you people who gave me ****, because i was short changing this team. i am changing my prediction to 13-3 or 14-2 and a 1st round bye.

i am saying 13-3 if we have our playoff spot locked up and can't move up or down going into the last week of the season and we rest our starters, and 14-2 if we just decide to keep our foot on the gas and steam roll teams at the end of the year.

Rabb
10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I was way off and now wrong, I said 5-11

I would say 12-4 looks pretty damn realistic right now

how crazy is it that we only need 2 more wins to equal last season?

going into this year before people started being let go and traded, when the schedule came out I said 6 wins

TheReverend
10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
i stated all offseason 10-6 or 11-5 and was called a homer and heckled relentlessly for that. well screw all you people who gave me ****, because i was short changing this team. i am changing my prediction to 13-3 or 14-2 and a 1st round bye.

i am saying 13-3 if we have our playoff spot locked up and can't move up or down going into the last week of the season and we rest our starters, and 14-2 if we just decide to keep our foot on the gas and steam roll teams at the end of the year.

Massive misunderstanding there.

I meant to call you a homo and just made a typo.

Kidding bro!

cutthemdown
10-20-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm over predictions, time to just watch the magic unfold.

Broncos going to the Superbowl, I got a feeling!!!!!

jhns
10-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I won't change my prediction because I am correct with my original one. Ok, really I never put a prediction out there. I figure I will just go vote the correct prediction in old threads at the end of the season. I can then deny that I had doubts and be correct at the same time.

Blart
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
16-0

Lolad
10-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't remember my prediction but I'm thinking 14-2 super bowl

Taco John
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I think we've got a shot at it (Division title or WC playoff birth). I don't buy the "cupboard was left bare" mentality and that we should all accept a 6 win season so long as those six wins are at the end of the season and we're showing improvement. I think that this team can compete now. I don't think that we're going to dominate anybody. But I don't know if Atlanta or Miami thought they were going to have the seasons that they had last year at this point in the game.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2507978

Winning three more games seems like a given right now. I'd like to say that winning the division looks like a given right now, but after watching last season, I don't like to take anything for granted. The other guys want to win too and we've got a long season ahead.

It doesn't seem to even matter what team we're playing right now, you can expect that the Broncos are going to go into the 4th quarter in position to win the game. That's not what I expected at all out of the installation of a brand new offense, and a brand new defense.

One thing is for sure - the schedule sure looks a lot different going into the bye than it did going into the season. Who filled our schedule with all these creampuffs? Ha!

TheReverend
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2507978

Winning three more games seems like a given right now. I'd like to say that winning the division looks like a given right now, but after watching last season, I don't like to take anything for granted. The other guys want to win too and we've got a long season ahead.

It doesn't seem to even matter what team we're playing right now, you can expect that the Broncos are going to go into the 4th quarter in position to win the game. That's not what I expected at all out of the installation of a brand new offense, and a brand new defense.

One thing is for sure - the schedule sure looks a lot different going into the bye than it did going into the season. Who filled our schedule with all these creampuffs? Ha!

I'm growing to love the seasons where we have the NFCE and AFCN.

Last time was 2005. Let's do 2 games better this year. :)

Raidersbane
10-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not predicting crap. I'm just enjoying this season one week at a time.

bowtown
10-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Lex has said from the beginning that he will be unhappy with anything less than 10 wins and now that it appears within reach, he'd like to change it 14, thank you.

MVP-06
10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I said 5-11
6-10 and I thought Mcd did a great job
New prediction: 12-4 and we win the division and McD is coach of the year

listopencil
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Preseason- 8-8. Week 3(?), after I saw the D in action- 10-6. Now that I see what Orton can do without the glove- 12-4.

Bronx33
10-20-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't think i ever made a prediction im just enjoying the ride.

BroncoMan4ever
10-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Massive misunderstanding there.

I meant to call you a homo and just made a typo.

Kidding bro!

touche bro.

BroncoMan4ever
10-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm over predictions, time to just watch the magic unfold.

Broncos going to the Superbowl, I got a feeling!!!!!

history repeats itself, and the last time we had a new HC start out almost as good as McD we went to the super bowl. i am starting to get that feeling as well. as long as the game is close going into the 2nd half, we stand a great chance of winning. and we are proving we can take down some of the so called elite teams in the league.

ZONA
10-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Will enjoy the bye week and then it's down to business. If we get through Baltimore and Pittsburgh undefeated, holy cow watch out league. That's when we can start realistically looking at a deep playoff push.

OCBronco
10-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, there are 10 regular season games left. If they play .500 ball, they finish 11-5. I'm guessing that they win 6 out of 10 and finish 12-4.

The crazy thing about this team is that the offense still isn't hitting on all cylinders. Orton is beginning to look comfortable, though, and if they get it all put together, they'll probably start blowing teams out.

I'm really excited about the quality schedule, because we get to watch some great football games the rest of the way. Ravens? Steelers? Giants? Colts? A rematch with the Chargers at home? I doubt there will be another team this battle tested come playoff time. Oh yes, and if we can get a rematch with the Bengals, that would be sweet, too. :D

BroncoMan4ever
10-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Well, there are 10 regular season games left. If they play .500 ball, they finish 11-5. I'm guessing that they win 6 out of 10 and finish 12-4.

The crazy thing about this team is that the offense still isn't hitting on all cylinders. Orton is beginning to look comfortable, though, and if they get it all put together, they'll probably start blowing teams out.

I'm really excited about the quality schedule, because we get to watch some great football games the rest of the way. Ravens? Steelers? Giants? Colts? A rematch with the Chargers at home? I doubt there will be another team this battle tested come playoff time. Oh yes, and if we can get a rematch with the Bengals, that would be sweet, too. :D

god i want to see us destroy Indy and Pittsburgh. we are excercising our past demons 1 at a time. took it to NE and SD already. Pitt and Indy are next on the list. i would love to see us win against all those teams.

Gort
10-21-2009, 02:37 AM
back in June during the "we are going to suck this year" meltdown by the OM drama queens, i predicted 11-5 and a playoff spot.

however, i can see 12-4 as very much possible now.

UberBroncoMan
10-21-2009, 02:53 AM
Freaking Colts have the easiest schedule ever. They may very well make a run at 16-0 (we have to play them at their place).

From the looks of things right now the AFC is between the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots.

NFC is the Saints, Vikings, and Giants.

Worst part is the Colts basically have a hand-me a free home field advantage for the playoffs card.

We need to be playing for home field because the Colts at home are a pain in the ass... even in a new field... man I have bad memories.

watermock
10-21-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm sticking with 6-10.

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 06:43 AM
god i want to see us destroy Indy and Pittsburgh. we are excercising our past demons 1 at a time. took it to NE and SD already. Pitt and Indy are next on the list. i would love to see us win against all those teams.

^THIS^

Revenge is a MF.

At the end of this year the Bronco's motto will be "DISRESPECT THIS".

ScottXray
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
^THIS^

Revenge is a MF.

Good point.

So far this entire year is Revenge Tour Part Three. Broncos are getting back at every team and every MSM analyst that gave them no or faint praise. Hopefully they can carry this all the way to and through the playoffs.

My original preseason prediction was 7-9 +-2. I bumped it to 9-7+- 2 after three games.

I honestly think that we will not go undefeated. Our run game is just not good enough to consistently pound out 1st downs late , and sooner or later someone will get some scores late, despite the defenses best efforts. We REALLY need to fix the short yardage plays if we want to go deep in the playoffs.

However Playoffs seems like a given right now.

Bumping prediction to 12-4 +-1.

Rohirrim
10-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm sticking with 6-10.

Hilarious! That's the way to stick to your guns, Mock.

Gort
10-21-2009, 09:42 AM
^THIS^

Revenge is a MF.

pollymollymoomoo is back (he kills us) but we're playing at Invesco, so this game is a tough one to call.

i'm not confident about the indianapolis cowpies though. i wouldn't necessarily mind losing a close game to them during the season and having good tape to use to prep for them in the playoffs. but being on the wrong end of a 52-14 rout wouldn't be so good.

is it wrong to hope that pumpkin head gets his leg rolled by some other team before December 13th and that we end up facing Sorgi?

TailgateNut
10-21-2009, 09:59 AM
is it wrong to hope that pumpkin head gets his leg rolled by some other team before December 13th and that we end up facing Sorgi?

It is. I want to beat the "whole package", not a second stringer.

Gort
10-21-2009, 10:09 AM
It is. I want to beat the "whole package", not a second stringer.

think about how open Sandy Eggo's receivers were during the first half on monday. now imagine that it's Manning instead of Rivers throwing the ball. to his receivers. with 10-15 yards of elbow room after each catch. that scares the poop out of me. going on 7 years now, and we still haven't solved the Manning riddle.

baja
10-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm gonna go with 16 and 0 until further notice.

Rohirrim
10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm gonna go with 16 and 0 until further notice.

Playing it safe?

55CrushEm
10-21-2009, 11:54 AM
I have us at 13-3 now.......#2 seed in the AFC.

I break down our final 10 games into 4 "should wins", and the 6 tougher games.

The 4 "should wins" are:
@ Washington
Oakland
Kansas City
@ Kansas City

That gets us to 10 wins.

The 6 tough games are:
@ Baltimore
Pittsburgh
San Diego
NY Giants
@ Indy
@ Philly

If we only win 2 of those 6, we are 12-4......if we split, we are 13-3. I say we win Pitt, San Diego and @ Philly....lose @ Baltimore, vs. NYG, and @ Indy.......finish 13-3.

DrFate
10-21-2009, 12:02 PM
I said 6 wins.

They have 6 wins.

So if I stop counting now, I was right...

Right?

ElwayMD
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I originally said 9-7 but I'm going to go with 12-4 now.