PDA

View Full Version : Blown up screen pass...

crush17
10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Man, that was something else.

When the Chargers ran that little screen (I think it was late in the 3rd quarter) to LT and you could see all of the linemen disengage and Haggan hit him for a 4 yard loss...

I have never seen a play like that where it was so obvious that every single defender knew exactly what was coming.

This D is incredible.

TonyR
10-20-2009, 10:24 AM
The halftime adjustments are amazing. They were killing us with screens in the first half.

tsiguy96
10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
that was hte best defensive play of the day. literally, 3 lineman had direct shots at rivers and TURNED away from him to get to the screen before he even threw the ball. they did not bite for a second, it was truly amazing to watch.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
The three dudes and I watching the game last night all yelled "SCREEN!" and then high fived when our guys disengaged to make the tackle. Freakin' awesome.

I love this team.

Peoples Champ
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
The three dudes and I watching the game last night all yelled "SCREEN!" and then high fived when our guys disengaged to make the tackle. Freakin' awesome.

I love this team.

That is cool they yelled screen, thats little league stuff.

tsiguy96
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
That is cool they yelled screen, thats little league stuff.

not the team, his friends did...

Peoples Champ
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
not the team, his friends did...

oh ya, thats what I get when I am trying to work and Mane at the same time.

lazarus4444
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I do have to admit that was fun to watch. Every single guy turned around and went after LT. i think that was the last screen attempt of the day too, lol.

edit: upon further reflection what those guys did to adjust to the play was damn scary! Other offenses are going to see that in game film and poop their pants :bronxrox:

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
That play was awesome, I had to wonder though what the players saw that made them ALL adjust.

Off topic but: ANYONE ELSE ever watch the old NFL games on NFL Network? When the coach/backup QB signals the play in to the QB, and he either waves his hand infront of his face or draws a "TV" in the air with his fingers ... SCREEN PLAY! ;)

azbroncfan
10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Good coaching and a better play call. Players are buying the JMCD/Nolan koolaid.

Rock Chalk
10-20-2009, 12:16 PM

When the Chargers ran that little screen (I think it was late in the 3rd quarter) to LT and you could see all of the linemen disengage and Haggan hit him for a 4 yard loss...

I have never seen a play like that where it was so obvious that every single defender knew exactly what was coming.

This D is incredible.

ALl I kept hearing in my head was "If its too easy, its a screen pass"

Spider
10-20-2009, 12:20 PM

This D is incredible.

I have but a more vicious hit ........... Marcus Allen vs Karl Mecklinburg ...... long story short , Marcus picked up his helmet 5 yards down the field

Broncos4tw
10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Yea, that was one awesome play. My favorite of the night. The screen is a killer, and they read it and broke off perfectly, that was one sweet play.