PDA

View Full Version : Official "I told you so" thread

Mogulseeker
10-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Thought I'd make a thread for all of us who supported the trade for Orton, and stuck with Orton through and through (offseason, preseason, etc.).

If you didn't predict at least a 9-7 season, or if you said something along the lines of "hiring Dawkins/Nolan is the lone good move of the offseason" you need not post in this thread!

Go Orton!

baja
10-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Bottom line is this season is going be sheer joy after ten years of disappointment.

barryr
10-20-2009, 06:50 AM
There were a few of us who decided to wait until they played a game before calling for anyone's head and giving the new coach and QB a chance first. Bringing in Nolan was a great move to say the least and some of us decided to wait to see how the defense played before complaining they didn't draft a bunch of stiff DL some wanted.

Garcia Bronco
10-20-2009, 06:52 AM
At first I was pissed. Shanahan gone....QB all in a huff. But as the reports about Cutler kept rolling in I knew it was him and once he was gone it was time to move forward and see what the team could do. I am excited about the future.

Broncoman13
10-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Childish threads will continue I guess. This place is now officially a joke... even after a win. Sad.

521 1N5
10-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Oh yeah-feels good.

alkemical
10-20-2009, 07:07 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2586027&highlight=cult#post2586027

Hotrod
10-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Childish threads will continue I guess. This place is now officially a joke... even after a win. Sad.

Bingo

alkemical
10-20-2009, 07:10 AM

Not many people are adults....

bowtown
10-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Bingo

Speaking of childish threads, can we get a poll on this or what? ;D

Hotrod
10-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Speaking of childish threads, can we get a poll on this or what? ;D

LOL I'm on it.

TheDave
10-20-2009, 07:13 AM
LOL I'm on it.

Yeah make sure and get a tally of all those people that predicted our defense would go from last to first... That should be entertaining. :thumbs:

Hotrod
10-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Yeah make sure and get a tally of all those people that predicted our defense would go from last to first... That should be entertaining. :thumbs:

If you didnt see us as going 6-0 in July you pretty much suck :rofl:

Soul-Bronco
10-20-2009, 07:15 AM
childish threads??? what about the gazillion childish threads that came out during this offseason! what goes around comes around

Hotrod
10-20-2009, 07:17 AM
childish threads??? what about the gazillion childish threads that came out during this offseason! what goes around comes around

Next

Broncoman13
10-20-2009, 07:18 AM

Speaking of children...

TheDave
10-20-2009, 07:19 AM

Yeah... sorry you had to put up with so much since Oct. of 2009.

ohiobronco2
10-20-2009, 07:24 AM

:rofl::thumbs:

Killericon
10-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Circle Jerk.

ohiobronco2
10-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Thought I'd make a thread for all of us who supported the trade for Orton, and stuck with Orton through and through (offseason, preseason, etc.).

If you didn't predict at least a 9-7 season, or if you said something along the lines of "hiring Dawkins/Nolan is the lone good move of the offseason" you need not post in this thread!

Go Orton!

http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/awesome_thread.jpg

s0phr0syne
10-20-2009, 07:27 AM

hahahaha, pwnd.

~Crash~
10-20-2009, 07:40 AM

Go Orton!

this is I . I Still like Cutler(I still Wish he was on our team)but I have always liked Orton and I did say 9-7 and that we would win the west .

Killericon
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
this is I . I Still like Cutler(I still Wish he was on our team)but I have always liked Orton and I did say 9-7 and that we would win the west .

Good for you! You're a gold star fan!

http://odeskmommy.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/gold-star3.jpg

Us lowly fans who had doubts can only one day to hope to be as good of fans as all of you superiors.

Mogulseeker
10-20-2009, 09:10 AM
I thought this went to the butt.

It's not childish. I think this is an actual good idea. I love how all the haters are now bandwagoners. It could be good for those of us who WANTED Cutler gone, and predicted a winning season when we got Orton.

All the Broncos have to do to have a winning season now is finish out 3-7, and we still have Oakland again once and KC twice.

alkemical
10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
If you think it's a good idea, then it's definitly not.

Taco John
10-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Let the young kids have their fun you crusty old bastards. You used to be kids once too!

alkemical
10-20-2009, 09:52 AM
I never annoyed anybody....

;)

Mogulseeker
10-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Let the young kids have their fun you crusty old bastards. You used to be kids once too!

Hey I'm old enough to drink legally now.

Killericon
10-23-2009, 12:03 AM

Ah yes...I too was once a kid, but now, in the twilight of my 20th year, I am jaded and cynical. My face is a map of the world.

Mogulseeker
10-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey, want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?(just turn your sound up)

Suck my balls, douchebag. I just woke up half my dorm.

alkemical
10-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Smurf isn't the brightest person in the world. But he thinks he's really smart.

Old Dude
10-23-2009, 05:53 AM
Only thing I have to say is that I hope to hell we don't get hit with a pile of injuries and have this thread come bouncing back at us in January with the team at 7-9 again.

I'm just enjoying the season as it is and I'm delighted as could be that they are outperforming my highest expectations so far.

oubronco
10-23-2009, 07:06 AM

well Mother****ing OMMMMMMMMMMMMM

alkemical
10-23-2009, 07:19 AM
well Mother****ing OMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh please. For every moment of brilliance i have, i also have fallen in a fire and knocked myself out with a broken arm...

It evens out. I just don't think i'm smarter than i am. :)

Jason in LA
10-23-2009, 07:34 AM
I thought this went to the butt.

It's not childish. I think this is an actual good idea. I love how all the haters are now bandwagoners. It could be good for those of us who WANTED Cutler gone, and predicted a winning season when we got Orton.

All the Broncos have to do to have a winning season now is finish out 3-7, and we still have Oakland again once and KC twice.

The "haters" aren't "bandwagoners". Just because somebody questioned the moves or was upset with them doesn't mean that the person stopped being a fan of the team.

It seems like some people don't want other people to enjoy the season.

Tombstone RJ
10-23-2009, 07:47 AM
The "haters" aren't "bandwagoners". Just because somebody questioned the moves or was upset with them doesn't mean that the person stopped being a fan of the team.

It seems like some people don't want other people to enjoy the season.

That's the thing, some of the posters here were "haters" and their hate was disproportionate to whatever supposed "love" they had for the team prior to McD's off season moves.

But, winning cures a lot of woes so I guess its all good now.

Hotrod
10-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Oh My

DrFate
10-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Bottom line is this season is going be sheer joy after ten years of disappointment.

That's just silly. This team has made the AFC championship game in the last 10 years. Yes Shanny had a fall after Plummer was ousted.

Sure the 6-0 start is nice, and certainly more than I expected. But if this team has a late season fall or gets blown out in the playoffs - tell me how that is 'sheer joy', relative to the past 10 years?

baja
10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
That's just silly. This team has made the AFC championship game in the last 10 years. Yes Shanny had a fall after Plummer was ousted.

Sure the 6-0 start is nice, and certainly more than I expected. But if this team has a late season fall or gets blown out in the playoffs - tell me how that is 'sheer joy', relative to the past 10 years?

OK probably over stated but I can honestly say I am enjoying this season more than any other since the SB years.

BroncoBuff
10-23-2009, 10:45 AM
This thread confuses me: Is is just for you to gloat, or are we supposed to eat more crow?

Because at some point I will need to go back to a more balanced diet.

Hotrod
10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
This thread confuses me: Is is just for you to gloat, or are we supposed to eat more crow?

Because at some point I will need to go back to a more balanced diet.

:notworthy

Broncos4tw
10-23-2009, 10:58 AM
For what it's worth, those who predicted a more dismal record (6 wins, maybe 7 wins), are probably more football savvy than those who assumed we'd be great. Everything was pointing to a rather bad football season. Chemistry is important, and we had a whole bunch of new guys thrown together. Our defense was near dead-last, last year, and so a new DC and new players made it feel like there would be a few years of rebuilding, at least. I myself figured our D would probably be around 15th, at best.

Young HC. Problems with our star receiver. A QB that many people said "Who?" about to lead our team. There were plenty of reasons to expect the worst. Very few (if any) experts figured Denver into any playoff equation - they all figured we would be fodder for other teams, for at least a couple years. Because of all the above reasons. How many teams rebuild in EVERY area, and are a force the next year? Well, if you want an example, it's almost as if we were an expansion team just starting up.

Denver doing this well is pretty much "the" story this year in the NFL (with the exception of perhaps the Ben-gals). We've gotten better fast, and have had a lot of breaks fall our way, and have been also quite lucky with injuries (or perhaps not... the condititioning is so much better than in the past for the players).

Just because you were a rah-rah win! sort of person doesn't make those who chose to see everything in a more analytical (i.e. less-biased) light less of a fan, nor even wrong. Wrong now.. but at the start of the season, there was good reason to assume we'd suck.

Have your fun though. I just hope these annoying threads go away by the time the playoffs start. Would be kind of cool to be cheering alongside other Bronco fans, other than continuing this pointless bickering.

broncosteven
10-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Here is what I thought going into the Preseason based on all the great TC reports.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2493429&postcount=95

Oskie even repped me for it, POSTIVELY.

Maybe this is the thread where it is PERCEIVED that I called a guy no longer here a homer, but saying he was excited to me did not = HOMER, just that he had a lot of excitement for the team in week 1 of the TC, not that said excitement was good OR BAD.

Mogulseeker
10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
My bad. Thought I gave fair warning.

Drunk post.

My bad... must be this college degree with "Magna Cum Laude" on it, or my three straight EP military evals... or the fact that I'm in grad school.

Bronx33
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Bingo

how about a poll!!!

SouthStndJunkie
10-23-2009, 12:28 PM

Hyperbole....the last 10 years were not that bad....ask a Lions, Browns, or Bengals what disappointing really is.

The last decade was not the best for sure....but it could have been a lot worse than 91 wins and 69 losses.

The future looks bright and I am excited....but let's not act like the last decade was filled with 2 win seasons.

Bronx33
10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I really miss the beer/jim beam/kamakazis/butter babies/7-11 nachos smurf threads.

SureShot
10-23-2009, 12:31 PM
My bad... must be this college degree with "Magna Cum Laude" on it, or my three straight EP military evals... or the fact that I'm in grad school.

I make eleventy million dollars a year.

broncocalijohn
10-23-2009, 12:31 PM

You just got here this month. How did you suffer? Maybe you are really BlueFlame but decided to rename yourself than to come back all hating and stuff. Just a guess.

alkemical
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Drunk post.

The fact that you constantly just regurgitate what other people say, and in far less clever ways than it was originally said.

Don't take it so personal, you just yap alot. We all have annoying traits, yours is vanity.

rmsanger
10-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Simpsons did it

loborugger
10-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Drunk post.

NEWSFLASH: listing out your credentials never makes you smarter in anyone's eyes, it just makes you look like an even bigger knucklehead when you goof up. It also makes you look insecure.

But, then again, being a smart guy you know this already.

bronco610
10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Why are we still fighting ???

OBF1
10-23-2009, 04:55 PM

Besides me right Hilarious!