PDA

View Full Version : The sparklers remaining schedule

enjolras
10-20-2009, 01:40 AM
6-0 is incredible, but lets not forget that the sparklers are past the meat of their schedule. They have (with m:y best guess as to the outcome):

@ KC - WIN
OAK - WIN
@ NYG - LOSS
PHI - WIN (this one is a bit hard to call, I have no idea how good the Eagles are really)
@ DEN - LOSS (we're not losing this at home)
KC - WIN
@ CLE - WIN
@ DAL - LOSS (likely to be a very meaningful game for the cowpokes)
CIN - LOSS (wildcard, does this game matter to the Bengals?)
@ TEN - WIN
WAS - WIN

My best bet, they win 7 for a record of 9-7. The Broncos will have the tie-breaker with a win at home. I think we need to find 3 more wins to win this division.

That means finding 2 wins (I'm assuming a win against the Chargers at home):

@KC
KC
OAK
@PHI
@WAS

That seems likely. Even with a loss to San Diego at home, simply taking care of business against the bad teams (even if we are on the road for most of these games) means we are in good shape to win the division. 10-6 will win this, 9-7 will likely win it depending on how that 9-7 is constructed.

They are far from done yet, but the Broncos are in excellent shape to win this division with 1/3 of the schedule behind them.

I would have never dreamed this would be the case 2 months ago (and I was on the trade Cutler/hire McDaniels band-wagon).

atomicbloke
10-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Boy... the Skarplers really do have a cream-puff schedule compared to us....

OBF1
10-20-2009, 01:53 AM
auhhhh...... we pretty much play/played the same schedule

cutthemdown
10-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Boy... the Skarplers really do have a cream-puff schedule compared to us....

Uhh it's almost the same.

Caveat Lector
10-20-2009, 02:06 AM
They got lucky with the No.1 seedings from last year -

They got Miami, Tennessee
We got New England, Indianapolis

watermock
10-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Make the win all the more important.

UberBroncoMan
10-20-2009, 02:35 AM

Yeah that's a pretty big difference.

They have a free win with Tennessee while we have a likely loss vs Indy... if we were playing at home vs Indy I'd favor us but not there.

We also get 4 teams coming off their bye weeks I believe.

San Diego has it easy the rest of the way unlike us. We still have A LOT of hard games.

Drek
10-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Yeah that's a pretty big difference.

They have a free win with Tennessee while we have a likely loss vs Indy... if we were playing at home vs Indy I'd favor us but not there.

We also get 4 teams coming off their bye weeks I believe.

San Diego has it easy the rest of the way unlike us. We still have A LOT of hard games.

You do know that teams coming off byes historically are typically 60/40 to win right? Just a little better than .500. Teams coming off bye weeks aren't so terribly important as long as your team is reasonably healthy itself.

And I'm not so worried about going to Indy this year. We're obviously underdogs, but our defense has a lot of positives to bring. Fast, will only be faster on carpet. Knows how to confuse a QB pre-snap, so Manning won't be reading us like a book knowing where all the blitzes are coming from. Good size and power to shut down the run.

I think we'll see a similar gameplan to tonight. Play contain for the first half or so and try to exploit Indy's weaker defense. Get ahead and Indy needs to open it up, at which point we go back to 4, 5, and 6 man rushes with timed releases and quality deception to free guys up running towards Manning.

The defense we've seen hold Brady to zero second half points and Rivers to just three isn't smoke and mirrors. Its a legitimate tactic and teams are going to have a hard time adjusting to. What's worse, when they do Nolan has already shown different packages against other opponents, so who's to say we don't just roll to one of those and maintain effectiveness?

The Joker
10-20-2009, 04:48 AM
They're finishing 10-6 at the absolute very best.

They'll win at home to KC, Oakland and Washington.

With how inconsistent they are all the other games are questionable, IMO. They'll lose 3 or 4 more games, at least. Don't be surprised if Kansas gives them a run for their money next week.

We go 5-5 or better on our remanining schedule and we win the West, no doubt in my mind.

And I'll be shocked if we don't do just that.

Atwater His Ass
10-20-2009, 04:56 AM

Tennessee also won 13 games last season, so it wasn't as easy as it looks now 6 weeks ago. Their drop off this season is as impressive as our improvement.

I still wouldn't count SD out though. They are used to slow starts, 5-5 and 4-8 the last two seasons only to win the west. They know how to respond, and love him or hate him, Rivers is a hell of a QB that can lead that team.

Of course this year's Denver team doesn't seem likely to collapse as they have historically done, so let's hope we can continue the season strong and close it out in style.

broncogary
10-20-2009, 05:15 AM
That means finding 2 wins (I'm assuming a win against the Chargers at home):

I say we find one in Baltimore. :strong: