PDA

View Full Version : If things don't go well during this next stretch, we're still good!

Killericon
10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Let's take the pessimistic outlook for a moment here. This stretch that runs until Thanksgiving is brutal, so let's take Eeyore's stance for a moment.

at Baltimore L
Pittsburgh L
at Washington W
San Diego L
New York Giants L

We'd be 7-4.

I dunno. Something about that struck me as insanely remarkable.

Clockwork Orange
10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
They're just a little 7-4! They're still good! They're still good!

Popps
10-19-2009, 10:24 PM
I was wildly bullish about this coaching change, new staff and the players we brought in, but I never could have imagined this kind of start.

My main goal for this season was to get stronger as the season went on, but hell... with a start like this, we're making that goal tough on ourselves!

Honestly, this is crazy stuff. I hope if we do hit a rough patch, people can still appreciate the huge strides this team has made. I know people are going to start thinking about playoffs now, but honestly... enjoy the ride, folks. No matter what happens, this is the start of something great for this franchise, imo. Soak it up and enjoy every win!

Broncos4tw
10-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Um.. so we beat SD at their house on MNF, and you have us losing to them at HOME? I don't think so. Be pessimistic if you want, I think we do better than that.

I think our toughest game is Baltimore. If we lose one soon, that's it. I think we win at home against Pitts. Giants are vastly overrated, as we've seen. They played jack-crap, and their first competitive game, they were embarrassed.

If Josh has them completely buying into the "we haven't done crap" and "one game at a time" mantras, we are in good shape. And after hearing them in the locker room, I think they have this mentality. They said it to a man, and instantly. They believe this is nothing, just a "good start," and that if they prepare every week, they will be in every game.

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
We'll rip Balt and Pitt and SD to shreds. Beat the Giants and I'll say 16-0.

Can't WAIT till we play the Colts

Rock Chalk
10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Even pessimistically at worse we will be 9-2.

Thats at worst.

Archer81
I dont see Denver losing at home this season...wierd gut feeling. IF we lose, its in KC, in Balt, or in Indi.

:Broncos:

Mr.Meanie
I can see us splitting the PIT and BAL games, leaving us at 7-1, and then losing to the Colts.

Barring injuries, I could see us ending at 13-3 with home field throughout the playoffs.

lazarus4444
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Yes, baltimore and pittsburgh are going to be VERY tough but Indy will be our toughest game. It'll be very interesting to see how the defense holds up against peyton manning who is the best QB in the league right now by (IMO) a large margin.

Kaylore
10-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Two wins and we'll tie last years' record. Obviously we have loftier goals, but many of the haters on here insisted that McDaniels had to "do 8 wins or better or it wasn't worth it & hE SHuLD B F143d! NOMNOMNOMN!!!!!!"

spdirty
10-19-2009, 11:23 PM
It'll be very interesting to see how the defense holds up against peyton manning who is the best QB in the league right now by (IMO) a large margin.

Not really. Its Manning, then Brees by a slim margin, then Brady.