PDA

View Full Version : Take Heart Chargers' Fans

orangeatheist
10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Was just reading a Chargers board and many fans are in complete meltdown. They're calling for Norv's head, trading Merriman, letting team move to LA and boycotting the team by not attending games.

Take heart, Chargers' fans! Why so glum on your team?

You are just one of FIVE other teams who fell to the Broncos this year! I sure don't hear NE fans calling for Bellick's job, trading Brady or boycotting games.

You're just another victim in the Broncos' unbelievable undefeated season!

SJ Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Was just reading a Chargers board and many fans are in complete meltdown. They're calling for Norv's head, trading Merriman, letting team move to LA and boycotting the team by not attending games.

You are just one of FIVE other teams who fell to the Broncos this year! I sure don't hear NE fans calling for Bellick's job, trading Brady or boycotting games.

No, quite the contrary....New England Fan wants us to dig up our stadium...:spit:

orange crusher
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
More like one of six teams who fell to the Broncos.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-19-2009, 10:09 PM
More like one of six teams who fell to the Broncos.

Orangeathiest thinks there are 5 wins when there are 6.

He also thinks there are 0 gods when there are 1.

I forgive him ;-)

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:11 PM
You also had 2 weeks to prepare for us and we beat you down in the 4th quarter...in your house.

Karenin
10-19-2009, 10:12 PM

Ugh. Keep that garbage out of this forum.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM

What, humor?

Orange_Beard
10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Best 2 & 3 team ever.

jacob2125
From the Chargers board:

I still don't think Denver is this good.

I think we have made teams look better than they really are.

:rofl: That's what the last 5 teams said.

DenverBrit

I forgive him ;-)

You both need to re-read the comment. ;D

rugbythug
10-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Please quit being a Puss.

Broncojef
What, humor?

Hehehe you are the man and an excellent counter....

Karenin
What, humor?

No, your proselytizing bull****. This is the last post I'll make on it, because I realize that this doesn't belong in the main forum. I already reported your post, hopefully a mod takes care of it soon.

SJ Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:18 PM

I forgive him ;-)

Count me in on the 0 side.....:thumbs:

Bronx33
10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
No, your proselytizing bull****. This is the last post I'll make on it, because I realize that this doesn't belong in the main forum. I already reported your post, hopefully a mod takes care of it soon.

Dude you have been a bundle of sunshine tonight what gives?

SJ Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:19 PM
What, humor?

Didn't you know...Karen (my best AHnold accent) crushes humor with his bare hands!:rofl:

Cleo McDowell
10-19-2009, 10:19 PM

wow.

Broncojef
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Absolutely love people like you

SJ Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Dude you have been a bundle of sunshine tonight what gives?

Seriously....what gives?

orangeatheist
10-19-2009, 10:28 PM

thanks Brit..

Indeed. One plus five others equals six.

Leave it to the theists to see something that isn't there! :wiggle:

Mogulseeker
10-19-2009, 10:34 PM

I forgive him ;-)

He said 5 OTHER teams.

I don't know if your particular religion has banned math, but 5+1 = 6.

I know theists aren't too good with empirical scientific dealings (ie math), so I forgive you.

Mogulseeker
10-19-2009, 10:36 PM
thanks Brit..

Ahhh you beat me to it... never mind.

misturanderson
10-19-2009, 10:41 PM
thanks brit..

+1

SJ Bronco
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
+1

+2

RhymesayersDU
10-19-2009, 10:46 PM

"Oh jokes... I get jokes."

Popcorn Sutton
10-19-2009, 10:48 PM
he said 5 other teams.

I don't know if your particular religion has banned math, but 5+1 = 6.

I know theists aren't too good with empirical scientific dealings (ie math), so i forgive you.

lol

boltaneer
10-19-2009, 10:54 PM

Of course Charger fans should be angry. Norv's seat was already warm. Now's it piping hot. Special teams takes major responsibility for losing this game but Norv's play calling has been very suspect this year. That's inexcusable.

I think he lasts until the end of the season but who knows. If the wheels really start falling apart maybe us Charger fans will get an early Xmas present.

Clockwork Orange
10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Darren Sproles got one carry in this game and it was the third and goal play while Tomlinson was sulking on the sideline. Tell me Norv didn't take Sproles out of the game plan because LaDanian got pissy. If that's the case, he should be fired on the spot.

orange crusher
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM

I think you need to re-read it.

"You are just one of FIVE other teams who fell to the Broncos this year"

They are either one of six teams that fell to the Broncos or there were five others that fell to the Broncos. They really can't be one of five other teams. Not a big deal and not trying to be a pr*ck, it just doesn't make sense.

doonwise
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Here are how some of the chargers are taking heart:

"We made asses of ourselves!!

From that ridiculous pri@k-waving show / fake fight before the game (how bush .. we looked like kids or the WWF)

to Norv (don't PICK it, Norv) pulling LT at the goal line (Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!!)
Norv got schooled by a rookie coach!!!!!

to that fumbling punk Rivers laying down and giving up the ball - (no help from his line!!)

This is more embarrassing than the Steelers game - we looked like little GIRLS out there in the 4th quarter!!!!!!!!!! ESPN is LAUGHING AT US!!!!!!! and crowning the donkees!!!!!

We're so far behind we'll NEVER catch up now, even for a lousy WILD card!!!!

This entire organization needs to be gutted from top to bottom.
Front office=GONE
Norv=GONE - even the Spanos GONE. Sell us to LA - I don't even CARE anymore.

I'm done with these clowns. FOREVER!!!!! THIS IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"WHERE THE H*LL WAS KASSIM OSGOOD DURING THOSE DENVER RUN BACKS??? WHY DOES NORV TURNER STILL HAVE A JOB AND I DON'T??? WHY DID WE INTERVIEW REX RYAN AND NOT HIRE HIM??? WHY DO I CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THIS RIDICULOUSLY UNDERACHIEVING TEAM??? WHY CAN'T WE SACK ANYONE??? WHY DOESN'T SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE??? WHY IS A CATCH AT THE 1 YARD LINE A TOUCHDOWN??? WHY IS CLINTON HART SITTING AT HOME LAUGHING??? WHY DOESN'T AJ SMITH COME DOWN TO THE FIELD AND YELL AT NORV, CLARENCE, RON...SOMEONE, ANYONE, AND LIGHT A FIRE UNDER THEIR BUTTS??? WHY DO I CARE MORE THAN THEY DO???"

"Unfortunately, this confirms my worst fears, the Chargers do in fact SUCK. Thank God Phillip Rivers made it through the game without being taken off on a cart. We have the sorriest O-line in the league. We will need Rivers for next year as we try to rebuild a team after all the O-line is fired, hopefully fired at the hands of a firing squad. I would give an E for Effort to Gates, Floyd, Jackson, Tolbert, and yes, LT. I would give Darren Sproles an A for his special teams play, the rest of the special teams gets a G, which is worse than an F. The Defense continues on their all talk and no delivery campaign. Each week they act like this is their first game, EVER. There were a few plays which would indicate they may be at the 23rd or 24th position on the leagues list of worst defenses, but I still think they are hovering somewhere around 29th or 30th. Absolutely terrible. Hopefully AJ can get something for Merriman before the trade deadline. Maybe a bag of popcorn or something. He sucks! I predict a 4-12 finish."

"Three critical plays where there was bad coaching:
1. The first drive by the Bolts into the red zone when Norv put Sproles in to replace LT and then ran up the middle.
2. Wasting a timeout on a punt!
3. The decision to go for it on fourth and long late in the fourth. A punt could have pinned Denver deep, but obviously Nrov can't have any confidence in his defense.
Anyone got a fork?"

"We need some major changes to this team, beginning with the head coach. He was a good quarterbacks coach, he has helped Philip Rivers to become an excellent player, but Norv is not the right person to be a head coach. After that, we need to change the players, including LT, who isn't worth paying so much money because he's not a great player anymore. This team is officially in a rebuilding stage this year, we can forget about the playoffs."

"Remember what AJ said when he hired Norv? "He wins playoff games. He didn't realize that he can't win regular season game as a head coach. Look at his recored with the Raiders and Redskins. Yeah he won playoff games as Offensive coordinator. This loser doesn't have what it takes to be a Head coach. I'm sure Marty is having the last laugh on AJ and Dean Spanos. Dean did not learn on the Ross - Beathard debacle. Bring Marty back. Well, that'll never happen with AJ here so maybe bring Chuckie or Cowher. We need a head coach with a lot of fire. Do it now while we still have 11 games to salvage this season. Wild card berth is still within reach."

"L.T. helps get us to the goal line and Turner decides to give it to the little Sproules up the middle against a mountain of Broncos waiting? This is an example of Norv Turners bad play calling. A.J. hired this losing coach who was living off the team that Marty put together. He was a losing coach before he got here. A.J. fired a 14-2 coach? What gives with that? Well now I say fire A.J. too.

Sorry but Ron Rivera has made other quarterbacks look good now for coming on 2 seasons now.
Special teams lost this game. You suck. You looked like a bunch of confused saps out there as they made two T.D.s against you.

All of us fans and commentators say the same thing, sinse Rivers gets no pass protection, where, at the very least, is the short safety valve pass to get rid of the ball. Short passes is what we need and is missing from Turners play calling. Bad play calling again on Turner. Denver did that all night agaisnt us and moved the moved the chains. Fire Turner and A.J."

And lastly:

"I can't wait for baseball to start!"

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/19/bn19gamer-chargers-lose/?chargers

boltaneer
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Darren Sproles got one carry in this game and it was the third and goal play while Tomlinson was sulking on the sideline. Tell me Norv didn't take Sproles out of the game plan because LaDanian got pissy. If that's the case, he should be fired on the spot.

I kept hoping someone would ask Norv about that in the press conference but I never heard it.

So I don't know what the story was but I get the feeling that Norv took LT out and put Sproles in so Denver would expect a pass. Typical Norv trying to be too cute when there is no need to be.

boltaneer
10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Here are how some of the chargers are taking heart:

[...]

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/19/bn19gamer-chargers-lose/?chargers

Ah, the good ol' signonsandiego forums. Always good for a laugh. I stay the hell away from those forums.

Houshyamama
10-19-2009, 11:06 PM
"Oh jokes... I get jokes."

Isn't it "..I love jokes" ?

Or is that not a family guy quote?

Vegas_Bronco
10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I remember going to SD games and watching the game 30% Broncos fans and 40% Charger fans and the remaining 30% empty.

I love owning prime real estate in a visiting stadium....welcome to the McD era in the Broncos dominating history.

DenverBrit
10-19-2009, 11:10 PM
I think you need to re-read it.

"You are just one of FIVE other teams who fell to the Broncos this year"

They are either one of six teams that fell to the Broncos or there were five others that fell to the Broncos. They really can't be one of five other teams. Not a big deal and not trying to be a pr*ck, it just doesn't make sense.

No, I got the meaning first time around.

You're really just critiquing grammar rather than the meaning.

I agree, not a big deal. ;D

SJ Bronco
10-19-2009, 11:21 PM
"whiskey tango foxtrot" is pretty funny...LOL

Steve Sewell
10-19-2009, 11:23 PM

Put your hands up, and step away from the internet

Vegas_Bronco
10-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Die Charger Fans....Die!

Los Broncos
10-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Those SD fan comments are awesome, just gives me a hardon

Los Broncos
10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
die charger fans....die!

rofl!

Broncos4tw
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Between the ridiculous predictions (Bolts 38, Broncos 17, etc), and their QB whom I hate with an unholy passion.. do not take heart Charger fans. Be dismal. Be glum, depressed, and write your team off for the year. They are done. DONE! The better team whooped 'em, and you might as well peel off those Bolt bumper-stickers, toss away your huge foam #1 hands, and consider something more productive to do on your Sunday than to watch your (snicker) team play. Done done done done done.

Bronco Boy
10-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Isn't it "..I love jokes" ?

Or is that not a family guy quote?

I think it's a Homer quote.

Paladin
10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
between the ridiculous predictions (bolts 38, broncos 17, etc), and their qb whom i hate with an unholy passion.. Do not take heart charger fans. Be dismal. Be glum, depressed, and write your team off for the year. They are done. Done! The better team whooped 'em, and you might as well peel off those bolt bumper-stickers, toss away your huge foam #1 hands, and consider something more productive to do on your sunday than to watch your (snicker) team play. Done done done done done.

lol!!

missingnumber7
10-20-2009, 07:44 AM
I wish there was a way to make the 850 radio feed match up with the tv feed. I get so sick of listening to opposing teams get head from the announcers the whole damn game. I think Chucky has done wonders for it, but the ESPN figureheads in the booth fell all overthemselves saying that if Rivers were put back on the field it was pretty much game over...then when he was and couldn't even get a TD the only one that had anything to say was Chucky and he was falling all over himself giving credit to Nolan and the D for bringing all sorts of pressure.

ohiobronco2
10-20-2009, 08:29 AM

Take fist to shoulder. Squeeze outside skin at elbow. This is you.

bronco militia
10-20-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/therealthing.gif

WoodMan
10-20-2009, 08:46 AM

True enough, 1 carry for zero yards and one reception for 4 yards. Other than the punt return he was invisible. After what he has done against the Broncos in the past........Why? :rofl: Norv Turner

I will eat my crow now though. I thought the Chuggers needed this game so badly that they would win. You played an excellent game 2009 Denver Broncos. Way to Go! Rat Birds up next. Enjoy your off week.

crawdad
10-20-2009, 09:03 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/therealthing.gif

I love Litton cartoons. This is a great one.