PDA

View Full Version : Snyder offers Pat Bowlen two 1st rd picks for our Josh Mcdaniels ?

baja
10-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Would you make this deal?

Broncoman13
10-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Yup...

55CrushEm
10-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Would you make this deal?

I'll be the first to say....NO!

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2009, 08:25 AM
No.

Beantown Bronco
10-19-2009, 08:26 AM
League no longer allows trading picks for coaches.

TonyR
10-19-2009, 08:26 AM
No way.

baja
10-19-2009, 08:28 AM

Ok hypothetically then.

BroncoInSkinland
No. Beyond crushing locker room morale, it would totally destroy any stability the organization has for the long term. I wasn't a McD fan until a few games into the season, but I ALWAYS said keep him around for the long haul. You do NOT switch HC's in less than 3 years, at least not if you want any sort of continuity from your team. Look at the Browns to see why it is a bad idea.

GoBroncos DownUnder
Yep, ever since Al Davis got picks for Gruden ... which worked out well, didn't it?! :notworthy LOL

TheDave
Since the Gruden to Tampa trade... You can't do that no mo'

But... no I wouldn't.

I don't trade pro-bowl QB's OR 5-0 coaches for lotery tickets.

Smiling Assassin27
Danny thinks he can buy all that he covets, and so in the interest of teaching our poor lad a valuable lesson in matters of life and coaching, I'd politely tell Dan Snyder to stick his 2 first rounders up his arrogant arse, only they'd prolly not fit due to the large mass of ex players and coaches he's paid to fail already in there.

Hands off Boy Blunder.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-19-2009, 08:31 AM

Not true. They don't want it to happen, but they just require league approval now after what happened with Gruden.

Broncoman13
Coach McD is great and I'm happy he is here... but two first round picks to infuse even more talent into this team is too hard to pass up. I'd do it, but hate missing out on what McD brings to the table. The real deal breaker in this though... it's the Redskins, we always come out ahead when we trade with the Redskins!!!

Rohirrim
Looking at all the first round busts from the last few years? No.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Why would Bowlen make that trade anyway? Hypothetically speaking of course...

Smiling Assassin27
10-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Coach McD is great and I'm happy he is here... but two first round picks to infuse even more talent into this team is too hard to pass up. I'd do it, but hate missing out on what McD brings to the table. The real deal breaker in this though... it's the Redskins, we always come out ahead when we trade with the Redskins!!!

what good are two first rounders if you don't have a guy who can mine the jewels from the draft AND coach 'em up properly? the redskins demosntrate this better than anyone else. they're like the orioles were when angelos was spending big dollars and flaming out every year.

keep mcd, take the first rounders that come from being a perennial contender, and build a culture where FA's want to come to denver again. think of NE letting bellichick go for 2 first rounders--they'd almost certainly slip in to mediocrity--same with mcd, IMO.

Broncoman13
10-19-2009, 08:37 AM
what good are two first rounders if you don't have a guy who can mine the jewels from the draft AND coach 'em up properly? the redskins demosntrate this better than anyone else. they're like the orioles were when angelos was spending big dollars and flaming out every year.

keep mcd, take the first rounders that come from being a perennial contender, and build a culture where FA's want to come to denver again. think of NE letting bellichick go for 2 first rounders--they'd almost certainly slip in to mediocrity--same with mcd, IMO.

You're right... I'd still do the trade.:thanku:

Beantown Bronco
10-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Not true. They don't want it to happen, but they just require league approval now after what happened with Gruden.

Not sure where you are getting this. Here's my evidence:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml

Rother8
10-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Not if we threw in our 7th and so happened to let go of Josh.....

baja
10-19-2009, 08:59 AM
So Josh McDaniels, the guy about half of the board wanted fired before he coached his first game now has 95.24% of voters turning down 2 1st rd picks for him. Interesting!

BroncoInSkinland
10-19-2009, 09:02 AM
So Josh McDaniels, the guy about half of the board wanted fired before he coached his first game now has 95.24% of voters turning down 2 1st rd picks for him. Interesting!

I think your half the board estimate is high. I personally wished we had never hired him, but once it was done said many times that we were tied to him for three years minimum (barring a 3-13 or worse season in year one AND two). Coaching continuity is very important IMHO, and I think a lot of posters agreed, though I could be wrong. Incidentally, being wrong about the wishing we had hired him part is awesome. :)

TheDave
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM

Really?

you find it interesting that people are happy with the coach after a 5-0 start?

boppool
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Not because he's next Vince Lombardi, but we'd have to start from scratch again... I'd hate that...

Dos Rios
10-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Where's the "Bowlen doesn't have the cabbage to pay two more 1st rounders" option?

atomicbloke
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Lets give him Shanahan for 2 1st round picks instead :)

Miss I.
10-19-2009, 09:13 AM
No. Already too much upheaval this offseason. Let it settle down and in 3 years when we don't go anywhere but we've determined he's got mad raw skill and a crazy off-field persona, we bring in Bus Crook to make it a done deal and trade him then for 3 1st rounders and Brett Favre (who will by then be on his 87th retirement).

;D

Hercules Rockefeller
10-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Not sure where you are getting this. Here's my evidence:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/72486

It was a moratorium only until the owners meetings the following March, at which point the owners would decide whether or not to make it a league rule.

It's misreported that it's been nixed in its entirety, the league has to approve it. That was the problem with the Gruden deal, $8M and 4 picks went to Oakland with no league involvement.

This is like Denver's cap issues from the 90's, it gets reported and is now "common knowledge" that they violated the cap, but that's not what the Broncos were penalized for.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Where's all the money going to come from to sign all those first round picks is what Bowlen would probably consider first. And who do you replace McDaniels with........hypothetically does Bowlen offer Shanny his old job back!!:wiggle:

McD will/should have the Broncos in the SB in the next 6 years. Why screw around that possibility?

Ramathorn
10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
hell to the no.

TheDave
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
hell to the no.

http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/6/12/405200-124484510953096-The-Stock-Masters.jpg

rastaman
10-19-2009, 09:21 AM

Haven't you noticed in the 21st Century how much larger/capacity Band wagons are today in the NFL!!! Remember, win in 3 years or you'll find yourself run out of town on a rail. :wiggle:

The Beast only grows hungrier every year.....and someone has got to feed it or get eaten.

SportinOne
10-19-2009, 09:22 AM
after watching him coach these past 5 games, i can honestly say that I think he will become one of the best, if not THE best.

First of all, he's intense. Extremely intense. But the way he communicates this energy is just unreal. It's not a highly positive or negative way, it's just, "We are GOING to win this game, I know you're with me, let's ****ing do this." He's hands on with basically EVERY aspect of the game, especially quarterback. He pulls Orton aside in important situations and dictates to him exactly what should happen.

To add, he runs a great offensive scheme. It might not be quite as exciting right now as it could be. But the more and more we progress the better it will get.

He has worked wonders with a roster that, overall, could use more talent. Nolan deserves a lot of credit, as well. But if our defense is playing at this level right now, just imagine what it's going to be able to do when we can upgrade over the next two offseasons. By then, Orton will have either proved himself as a legitimately good QB for our team or we will have found someone else. And Moreno will be settled in and ready to dominate.

6 years? I give it 3.

baja
10-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Really?

you find it interesting that people are happy with the coach after a 5-0 start?

No Dave I find it interesting because so many Bronco fans were wanting to fire McD before he had a chance to show his talents.

It's like throwing away a Xmass present without even unrapping it because your dog died last month.

TheDave
10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
No Dave I find it interesting because so many Bronco fans were wanting to fire McD before he had a chance to show his talents.

It's like throwing away a Xmass present without even unrapping it because your dog died last month.

and is a point you and several others have beaten to death for months now...

my mistake for think this was more than that.

USMCBladerunner
10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
you have an uncanny ability to overstate every option in your poll, to the point where "None of the above" is the right answer.

Regardless, in the end I keep McDaniels with that offer.

Killericon
10-19-2009, 09:55 AM

It's nothing like that. I assume the dog dying is akin to Shanahan being fired?

A more APT comparison is getting a shiny new Christmas present, and then getting pissed at it because your parents had to sell your cool bike(which you love) to afford this new gift.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
after watching him coach these past 5 games, i can honestly say that I think he will become one of the best, if not THE best.

First of all, he's intense. Extremely intense. But the way he communicates this energy is just unreal. It's not a highly positive or negative way, it's just, "We are GOING to win this game, I know you're with me, let's ****ing do this." He's hands on with basically EVERY aspect of the game, especially quarterback. He pulls Orton aside in important situations and dictates to him exactly what should happen.

To add, he runs a great offensive scheme. It might not be quite as exciting right now as it could be. But the more and more we progress the better it will get.

He has worked wonders with a roster that, overall, could use more talent. Nolan deserves a lot of credit, as well. But if our defense is playing at this level right now, just imagine what it's going to be able to do when we can upgrade over the next two offseasons. By then, Orton will have either proved himself as a legitimately good QB for our team or we will have found someone else. And Moreno will be settled in and ready to dominate.

6 years? I give it 3.

I said give it 6 years to win a SB. Are you saying we win the SB in 3 years with McD as our coach?

ScottXray
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Where's all the money going to come from to sign all those first round picks is what Bowlen would probably consider first. And who do you replace McDaniels with........hypothetically does Bowlen offer Shanny his old job back!!:wiggle:

McD will/should have the Broncos in the SB in the next 6 years. Why screw around that possibility?

Don't worry....along with the picks Snyder will throw in $100 Million to compensate for the added salary burden. After Welching on the money aspect, the league will award ownership of the Redskins to Bowlen who will then "transfer" McD back to the Broncos, along with all good players they have.

Bowlen will then assign Shanahan (who is still under contract) to coach his "farm team" Redskins, until his contract runs out. Shanny goes 2-14, and afterwards goes back to the college ranks.

Ironlung
10-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Maybe it could turn out like kc. draft two busts (Jackson, Dorsey) & have a ton of money tied up in two turds

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
This was a lot more one sided than I thought it'd be...

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
depends on who we get to replace him and whether or not the majority of the staff remains in place when he is gone. because if it means we trade him and he turns around and hires away all of the assistants he brought in that are kicking ass at their jobs we are losing a lot more than just a HC.

OOJack
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
There needs to be a third option.

- If it was two months ago, hell yes I would make this trade!

s0phr0syne
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
depends on who we get to replace him and whether or not the majority of the staff remains in place when he is gone. because if it means we trade him and he turns around and hires away all of the assistants he brought in that are kicking ass at their jobs we are losing a lot more than just a HC.

I was just about to write something up along these lines. McD seems to have done a great job, but the success our team has had isn't solely on him or even 50% attributable to Nolan or some such thing.

I think McD has put together an amazing staff, and while in a recent press conference he denied specifically going after intradivision coaches, the unavoidable truth is that it does give us a significant leg up in many ways when we have to attack those teams, if nothing else, in terms of some personnel (since coaching changes are bound to happen).

I don't know how long we can keep this staff as a whole together, but I'm convinced that they're a major reason for our success, and the props for putting them together go to McD, but I don't think that McD in and of himself is completely responsible for our success.

I hope that makes sense without sounding too back-and-forth...

DenverBrit
10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Baja, you're a bad man. ;D

baja
10-19-2009, 10:59 AM
There needs to be a third option.

- If it was two months ago, hell yes I would make this trade!

OK how about this;

#3. I can't answer a simple yes or no question because I am a DUMB ASS.

OBF1
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Some people really need to get a life.

Let's give him Baja and a first to stop making polls

bjeffrey
10-19-2009, 11:28 AM
What'r ya, nuts? Without the pixie dust, Kyle Orton turns into....well....Kyle Orton.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Can't say no to two 1st rounders, especially the REDSKINS first-rounders.

That said, I'd want to wait a few weeks before making that deal.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 11:37 AM
As high as the Redskins pick, their 1st-rounders would yield guys like Adrian Peterson and Mario Williams. Hard to say no to that.

baja
10-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Some people really need to get a life.

Let's give him Baja and a first to stop making polls

Shouldn't you be over in my rep thread polishing your rep stick.

baja
10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Can't say no to two 1st rounders, especially the REDSKINS first-rounders.

<b>That said, I'd want to wait a few weeks before making that deal.

LOL LOL and why is that Buff.

Is McD going to throw 2 coaching ints in the red zone?

jhns
10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Of course I would make that trade. We would get some pretty high picks. I don't want him fired as much now but I said this offseason I wouldn't mind firing mcd and letting nolan be coach for this season. So this deal would make it even better. Our defense would remain and they are the ones winning the games right now. I'm sure Nolan would actually use the run game more and keep the offense from making to many mistakes.

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
For the slower guys: what baja is doing is trying to establish through a clever poll who thinks Cutler is more valuable than Josh McDaniels.

Do the redskins also give us Jim Zorn a third and we send a fifth, baja?

barryr
10-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I guess I would depending on who the next coach would be for the Broncos. Finding the right coach isn't easy. Just ask the Raiders, Browns, Lions, Chiefs, Skins, etc. who go through coaches like a revolving door.

BroncoInferno
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/72486

It was a moratorium only until the owners meetings the following March, at which point the owners would decide whether or not to make it a league rule.

It's misreported that it's been nixed in its entirety, the league has to approve it. That was the problem with the Gruden deal, $8M and 4 picks went to Oakland with no league involvement.

This is like Denver's cap issues from the 90's, it gets reported and is now "common knowledge" that they violated the cap, but that's not what the Broncos were penalized for.

Plus, didn't the Chiefs send the Jets a draft pick for Herm a few seasons ago?

Que
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Ya, doesn't Bowlen still have some years to pay on Shanny's contract? Maybe he should just sell those....

baja
10-19-2009, 12:33 PM
For the slower guys: what baja is doing is trying to establish through a clever poll who thinks Cutler is more valuable than Josh McDaniels.

Do the redskins also give us Jim Zorn a third and we send a fifth, baja?

Does this mean I am not a dumb ass anymore???

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Does this mean I am not a dumb ass anymore???

I don't think you're dumb. Just dillusional in some aspects. :)

baja
10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Of course I would make that trade. We would get some pretty high picks. <b>I don't want him fired as much now but I said this offseason I wouldn't mind firing mcd and letting nolan be coach for this season.</b> So this deal would make it even better. Our defense would remain and they are the ones winning the games right now. I'm sure Nolan would actually use the run game more and keep the offense from making to many mistakes.

'Not fired as much"

So what is it down to now, say on a scale from 1 to 10 if when you wanted him fired before he ever coached a game was a 10.

Beantown Bronco
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Plus, didn't the Chiefs send the Jets a draft pick for Herm a few seasons ago?

yup, good call.....4th rounder in the 06 draft.

baja
10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't think you're dumb. Just dillusional in some aspects. :)

Aren't we all a victim of our own delusions.

If fact it is fair to say it is our delusions that individualize us.

BTW you spelled dillusional wrong so you too are delusional about that at least. ;D

Pick Six
10-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Don't worry....along with the picks Snyder will throw in $100 Million to compensate for the added salary burden. After Welching on the money aspect, the league will award ownership of the Redskins to Bowlen who will then "transfer" McD back to the Broncos, along with all good players they have.

Bowlen will then assign Shanahan (who is still under contract) to coach his "farm team" Redskins, until his contract runs out. Shanny goes 2-14, and afterwards goes back to the college ranks.

I like this idea...LOL

jhns
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
'Not fired as much"

So what is it down to now, say on a scale from 1 to 10 if when you wanted him fired before he ever coached a game was a 10.

I would say McD has made me turn to a "wait and see" attitude now. A few more wins and I may even have to start liking the guy.

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Aren't we all a victim of our own delusions.

If fact it is fair to say it is our delusions that individualize us.

BTW you spelled dillusional wrong so you too are delusional about that at least. ;D

I'll be damned. I sure did. Oops.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2746/grammartimef.gif

baja
10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I would say McD has made me turn to a "wait and see" attitude now. A few more wins and I may even have to start liking the guy.

So what 7 and 0, 8 and 0..... what will it take???

Miss I.
10-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Okay, Baja, just so you know, I didn't want to do this, but you made me do it... (death by Youtube) :peace:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsKO_r76kfQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsKO_r76kfQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

baja
10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Well that is better than a Swine Flu shot. ;D

Cute I!

OBF1
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
As high as the Redskins pick, their 1st-rounders would yield guys like Adrian Peterson and Mario Williams. Hard to say no to that.

Which college running back is even close to what AP was after his 1st year at Oklahoma? This years crop is such a huge drop off to Adrian, what makes you think next year will be any better ???

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:03 PM

I'm just a bit further down the line than you ... I like him now, but I wanna see more. I guess too many years of fast starts and then fade-outs in The Shanahan era have me cautious.

You gotta like this guy though, his enthusiasm is infectious. I do wish he was better in interviews ... he was pretty stony with Chris Berman last week. If you can't have fun with Boomer, when can you have fun?

I CAN'T WAIT for tonight ....

baja
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/images/2006/03/28/nina_warminger_1_470x244.jpg

baja
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
http://redbrickblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/sitting-on-the-fence.jpg

jhns
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
So what 7 and 0, 8 and 0..... what will it take???

19-0 would be a good start. I bet I wouldn't have much to say then. Really though, I will stick with what I have always said and think this season is a success with a 9-7 or better record. I will always continue evaluating mcd and my opinion on him being fired will probably change a lot over his time here. I will completely homer out for him and defend everything he does (like I do with Shanny) when he gets this team a SB or two. Regular season wins really don't count for much, just ask Mike.

baja
10-19-2009, 01:19 PM
19-0 would be a good start. I bet I wouldn't have much to say then. Really though, I will stick with what I have always said and think this season is a success with a 9-7 or better record. I will always continue evaluating mcd and my opinion on him being fired will probably change a lot over his time here. I will completely homer out for him and defend everything he does (like I do with Shanny) when he gets this team a SB or two.<b> Regular season wins really don't count for much, just ask Mike.

I would like to nominate this as the dumbest post ever in the history of the Mane. Who do I talk to???

Ya ask Mike if wins don't count. Than ask him what got his ass fired.

Miss I.
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I would like to nominate this as the dumbest post ever in the history of the Mane. Who do I talk to???

1. You could start a poll
2. Couldn't be the dumbest given the presence of Bobo on the Mane
3. Mike's ass wasn't fired because I quite enjoyed that myself, but his bizarre devotion to Slowit might not have helped him
4. That is all. ;D

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Which college running back is even close to what AP was after his 1st year at Oklahoma? This years crop is such a huge drop off to Adrian, what makes you think next year will be any better ???

I dunno, yes it would be pretty hard to match AP. I'm just pointing out the Redskins #1 picks would be top 5 picks.

Maybe ... Haloti Ngata and Patrick Willis?

jhns
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM

I said regular season wins. You do know that Mike has like the third best win percent in the NFL over the past 14 years right? I would say the fact that he isn't coaching says regular season wins don't mean a lot. Maybe you can go tell him different as he is sitting at home with one of the best win percentages? Shoot, ask one of the many other examples like Marty.

baja
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
I said regular season wins. You do know that Mike has like the third best win percent in the NFL over the past 14 years right? I would say the fact that he isn't coaching says regular season wins don't mean a lot. Maybe you can go tell him different as he is sitting at home with one of the best win percentages? Shoot, ask one of the many other examples like Marty.

Do you know how you get to the playoffs?

Hint; It's not a lottery.

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 01:36 PM

According to some of the OM resident "experts" it would be based on number of pro-bowl appearances.

jhns
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM

Please give examples then. What was the last award handed out for regular season wins? What team got it? How many years was Shanahan here? How many regular season wins did he have? How many losses? How can he not be our coach right now when he is 3rd best in the league in regular season wins over the past 14 years?

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM

That's a fairly good point ... Marty is a great example. At all three of his stops he racked up serious regular season win totals. But he was stopped (mostly by us actually) every postseason.

That LT crybaby home loss to the Pats was his last game ever as a head coach. So, point taken.

Sorry baja :(

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Although look at Lovie ... just two years off a freaking SB appearance, and he's on the hot seat.

jhns
10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
According to some of the OM resident "experts" it would be based on number of pro-bowl appearances.

What are you even talking about? Still don't know how to make sense yet? Your hurt feelings still getting in the way?

Don't even look at Shanahan then. Why don't you and baja go ask Marty what regular season wins get you. There is no better example for the point I am making. Regular season wins mean nothing. Wait, they mean nothing except to you and baja. I guess you guys crown your champs in October.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:44 PM
You go too far jhns ... your point is taken, but you're over-making it.

You gotta get into the playoffs before you can flop in the playoffs.

baja
10-19-2009, 01:46 PM
That's a fairly good point ... Marty is a great example. At all three of his stops he racked up serious regular season win totals. But he was stopped (mostly by us actually) every postseason.

That LT crybaby home loss to the Pats was his last game ever as a head coach. So, point taken.

Sorry baja :(

Why did Shanahan have only 2 playoff appearances with which to prove his genius with?

Because he did not win enough of those meaningless games

While we are at should we swing by and ask Jim Zorn?

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Did the resident "expert" say something. :spit:

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Did the resident "expert" say something. :spit:

Knowitall

baja
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
What are you even talking about? Still don't know how to make sense yet? Your hurt feelings still getting in the way?

Don't even look at Shanahan then. Why don't you and baja go ask Marty what regular season wins get you. There is no better example for the point I am making. Regular season wins mean nothing. Wait, they mean nothing except to you and baja. I guess you guys crown your champs in October.

I have another nomination.

Oh and should we swing by and ask Jim Zorn if wins matter?

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Why did Shanahan have only 2 playoff appearances with which to prove his genius with?

Because he did not win enough of those meaningless games

While we are at should we swing by and ask Jim Zorn?

Dude, give your blood pressure a break ... don't you have Rick to worry about?

jhns
10-19-2009, 02:02 PM

If you flop in the playoffs, regular season wins mean nothing. If you win in the playoffs, an 8 win regular season still makes you the best there is. So, yes they mean some but not really. They surely don't mean anything when talking about if a coach should or shouldn't be fired, which is what this discussion started from. That is my point with Marty and Shanahan. If regular season wins mattered when evaluating coaches, these two would still be at their last jobs (although maybe not as much so with Mike).

baja
10-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Dude, give your blood pressure a break ... don't you have Rick to worry about?

Funny you should mention blood pressure - I took mine yesterday and it's 109 over 80 is that even possible?

Rick is a true threat and I am nervous about it especially if it causes me to lose my signal for the game tonight.

baja
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
If you flop in the playoffs, regular season wins mean nothing. If you win in the playoffs, an 8 win regular season still makes you the best there is. So, yes they mean some but not really. They surely don't mean anything when talking about if a coach should or shouldn't be fired, which is what this discussion started from. That is my point with Marty and Shanahan. If regular season wins mattered when evaluating coaches, these two would still be at their last jobs <b>(although maybe not as much so with Mike).

Thank you I see you don't need my help defeating your arguments, you're perfectly capable of doing it all by yourself.

jhns
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Thank you I see you don't need my help defeating your arguments, you're perfectly capable of doing it all by yourself.

Wow. That post almost made sense. Improvement is all we can ask for right?

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Anyone wanna play scrabble?