PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Rituals?

Ramathorn
10-19-2009, 06:28 AM
What are your game day rituals? We are off to such a great start, I wanna c what people are doing to keep it going? wearing the same gear every week? Eating or drinking the same thing? etc.

4 me: week 1 I was at the game in cinci, so I have been wearing the same thing each gameday.
Retro fitted hat with the old D logo
denver mardi gras beads
Champ Bailey Jersey (not screen printed)
Khaki Shorts
Orange over the knee reebok soccer socks
reebok shoes with the old denver D logo
I sit in the same spot on the sectional with my broncos blanket and 2 cans of orange crush that i drink out of my denver cup i got at the game in denver last year.

what about u?

Cleo McDowell
10-19-2009, 06:43 AM
I use the Mark Schlereth approach before each game.

Beantown Bronco
10-19-2009, 06:46 AM
You'll find a lot of good responses here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84894&highlight=ritual

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Week one, I woke up and threw on my AFL Broncos sweatshirt (awesome sewn on D with the AFL patch and orange/white stripes on the sleeve) to walk the dog and so forth. Wore it til about an hour before gametime, when I threw on my Dumervil jersey, Fiat belt buckle and neon Pumas to head over to a friend's for kickoff.

I've been starting my mornings (even this morning) with that same Broncos throwback, and tonight, as soon as I get home from work, I'll don the Dumervil and head to the sports bar.

Can't wait for tonight.

BroncoInSkinland
10-19-2009, 07:20 AM
I need a SanDiego food idea, anyone got a good local cuisine that I can steal their mojo with?

Bronco Boy
10-19-2009, 07:22 AM
I usually wake up, lead whatever strange I picked up Saturday night towards the door, feed the dog, load up the horse neigh WAV file on my laptop and wait for game time. Monday nights are different though.

scorpio
10-19-2009, 07:24 AM
I need a SanDiego food idea, anyone got a good local cuisine that I can steal their mojo with?

Fish Tacos

BizzyBone7
10-19-2009, 07:26 AM
I usually put my Marshall jersey on, grab a handful of hats and then I go put the old Broncos kickoff song on in my ipod (it may still be the kickoff song i'm not sure. It's the one that says "We Ready". its a rap song) and I play that on my drums. It's worked so far.

scorpio
10-19-2009, 07:26 AM
I got a McD hoodie for $35(!) at Sports Authority yesterday, we'll see how that works out.

Maybe I'll throw the orange Champ jersey on over it just for some insurance.

Oh and I'll be drinking Jack & Coke in tribute tribute to KingNeckBeard.

Ramathorn
10-19-2009, 07:27 AM
You'll find a lot of good responses here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84894&highlight=ritual

alas, we meet again!

Damn, only my arch enemy would find that thread and throw it in my face! I searched rituals and nothing came back, mustv mispelled it or something. Anywhos, merge it with that one if youd like!

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 07:29 AM

We always do Mexican Food for the Chuggers.

We're havin' chicken burrittos, green chile and guacamole tonight.

tsiguy96
10-19-2009, 07:36 AM
definitely gonna have a jack and coke in honor of orton.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-19-2009, 07:38 AM

Black tar heroin.

BMarsh615
10-19-2009, 07:42 AM
No big rituals. Just always have something with green chile. Chicken fajitas, steak fajitas, chile relleno's, breakfast burrito's.

oubronco
10-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Lick It before you Stick It

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Black tar heroin.

at least TSI is only doing coke and drinking Jack,
you're hitting the hard stuff...LOL

ak1971
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM

go to the local ICE office and get deported...they may hand you a sandwich

boppool
10-19-2009, 08:31 AM

Have some tequila.

http://www.theworldsbestever.com/2007/10/30/tila-tequila.jpg

BroncoInSkinland
10-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Have some tequila.

http://www.theworldsbestever.com/2007/10/30/tila-tequila.jpg

That is a plan, lick it, slam it, suck it. Now where can I find some? :)

On the others, looks like I am on a tight time schedule, just found out I have late work to do here tha may keep me busy until an hour before the game. Maui Tacos for Avacados Rellenos looks like the plan.

Los Broncos
10-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Fire up the grill and throw on some throwback threads.

Down a beer with some loud music and get ready for gametime.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2009, 08:48 AM
What are your game day rituals? We are off to such a great start, I wanna c what people are doing to keep it going? wearing the same gear every week? Eating or drinking the same thing? etc.

4 me: week 1 I was at the game in cinci, so I have been wearing the same thing each gameday.
Retro fitted hat with the old D logo
denver mardi gras beads
Champ Bailey Jersey (not screen printed)
Khaki Shorts
Orange over the knee reebok soccer socks
reebok shoes with the old denver D logo
I sit in the same spot on the sectional with my broncos blanket and 2 cans of orange crush that i drink out of my denver cup i got at the game in denver last year.

what about u?

Beer. Lots and lots of beer.

gunns
10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
After the last 10 years my rituals had deceased. Just got up and watched the games. BUT, this year I notice them slowly creeping back into my day.

Before the first game I happened to have a date on Saturday. So I shaved my legs. Now I shave my legs every Saturday....one time it was at 11:57 p.m. so I could get it in on Saturday. This has really thrown me off for the MN game. Saturday or the day before. Daughter told me to stick with Saturday since that's the routine.

My little granddaughters Bronco jersey MUST be on her BEFORE the game begins, whether she is awake or not. I call my daughter to make sure. Bronco troll's hair is back in a pony tail, any hair out, new brush through. Final touch, a kiss to the fingers planted on Elway picture. Yes it's getting ridiculous again. I love it!

55CrushEm
10-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Since we're 5-0, I shouldn't change what I've been doing......but I'm gonna have sex right before the game tonight.....

If we lose.....that'll be why.

;D

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
My pre-game ritual is that I usually have a mad orgy with three Icelandic beauties in the sauna followed by a snifter of hundred year old brandy, a Swedish massage, a bowl of caviar with some Dom, a pedicure while I lounge on the couch watching the pre-game show, and then polish it all off with a good, frosty, pre-kickoff beer. Tonight, the wife will only let me have the beer.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Since we're 5-0, I shouldn't change what I've been doing......but I'm gonna have sex right before the game tonight.....

If we lose.....that'll be why.

;D

Be sure and give Rosey Palms a heads up before you go all freaky on her...

I kid, I kid...

orangeatheist
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
For every game this year so far, I've been wearing my McCaffery jersey. Don't know why...just started doing it and they're 5-0 so I don't see any reason to stop now!

Killericon
10-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Does studying for my midterm tomorrow count?

ak1971
10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Im changing it up today...wore nothing but my orange thong into work today

OABB
10-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I usually compulsively masturbate to lesson the nerves and than get drunk so I don't feel pathetic for compulsively masturbating. Than I get too drunk and start to cry because I realize that I am indeed pathetic, and even moreso, because now I am drinking alone and crying.

Once kickoff starts I thank god for BRoncos football because it takes the spotlight off of my loserness. I believe that it is my utmost respect and love for the broncos, and the belief that they will single handedly save my life, is what gives them that extra lift.

It's like hitting a homerun for one of those retardy cancer kids or something.

Miss I.
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM

always gotta drag this into the gutter..;D:-*

ak1971
10-19-2009, 10:31 AM
always gotta drag this into the gutter..;D:-*

I'm at work, so no comment. :approve:

Natedog24
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Beer. Lots and lots of beer.

This!

:alky:

Miss I.
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm at work, so no comment. :approve:

Hey I was only quoting a genius, a midget uh film making genius. ;D

ak1971
10-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Hey I was only quoting a genius, a midget uh film making genius. ;D

ok ok already.....Im tossing nude midgets covered in orange paint out the windows today.

Los Broncos
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM

Now how did I know you would be posting that here? Ha!

Miss I.
10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
ok ok already.....Im tossing nude midgets covered in orange paint out the windows today.
LOLHilarious!ROFL!

It makes me think of this though,

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/omx7u0ZWUAY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/omx7u0ZWUAY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Arkansas Bronco
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Since I am stuck watchin the game from home most of the time my opening kick-off shot is always a tradition. Shot is taken on kick off by either team and must be downed before the returner gets the ball. That darned on-side kick off earlier had me concerned. Have others that vary at times but the shot is a lock.

Cito Pelon
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I walk the dogs. There's only one now, since the old Black Lab had to be put down during the opener at Cincy. Here's a pic of the old girl at 11,000 feet near the Continental Divide:

Ramathorn
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I walk the dogs. There's only one now, since the old Black Lab had to be put down during the opener at Cincy. Here's a pic of the old girl at 11,000 feet near the Continental Divide:

great pic!

gunns
10-19-2009, 01:42 PM

VISUAL! Yikes!

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Nice Cito ... :thumbs:

crawdad
10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
After the last 10 years my rituals had deceased. Just got up and watched the games. BUT, this year I notice them slowly creeping back into my day.

Before the first game I happened to have a date on Saturday. So I shaved my legs. Now I shave my legs every Saturday....one time it was at 11:57 p.m. so I could get it in on Saturday. This has really thrown me off for the MN game. Saturday or the day before. Daughter told me to stick with Saturday since that's the routine.

My little granddaughters Bronco jersey MUST be on her BEFORE the game begins, whether she is awake or not. I call my daughter to make sure. Bronco troll's hair is back in a pony tail, any hair out, new brush through. Final touch, a kiss to the fingers planted on Elway picture. Yes it's getting ridiculous again. I love it!

I wait and shave after the game!

ak1971
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
VISUAL! Yikes!

I decided to wear my 'throwback' speedo instead.

Mogulseeker
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
What are your game day rituals?

That's a secret.

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I decided to wear my 'throwback' speedo instead.

I will have to stab you with a crab leg for that pic.